Mini 1898 - Inception Mafia - The Hub (GAME OVER)

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:57 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Layer 3 and one or two shot I think would have been much better tbh. But as written it is always follow cop all the time. I would have loved to strategize with that.

I originally thought BTD6 was full of shit with the cop claim for that infinite cop claim.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:57 pm

Post by MathBlade »

It was still fun FA no worries.
I made my own mistakes too!
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:58 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Can we see Town and scum equivalents for all the roles?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:58 pm

Post by Not Chara »

yes the flavour was amazing.
i loved how well the afflictions matched with characters/concepts from the movie, too. i could understand what they were all going for, and the dreams being unique to the players with minor tweaks to make them more fun was really interesting.

pedit: those changes would also have made it a lot weaker.
though how does mafia remove the cop without revealing themselves in doing so? one mafioso would also need to sacrifice.

and really Frozen, not a problem. it was an easy-fix, anyone getting the PM would have realized the issue and resolved it too.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:58 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

Hope you can forgive that error tbh and talk about the setup assuming it never happened :oops:

pedit : no its not. the game was nearly flipless and his check was controlled by the majority - was not his own decision.
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:59 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

I can release setup design thread but I want to let dunn and inspect do that :)

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:00 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 437, gerryoat wrote:
In post 434, Leonshade wrote:
In post 426, Not Chara wrote:and asking Leon too, he suggested it.
Sure! PM me if you go through with it, I'll pre-in if I have the time for your game.
same here
Ditto
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:01 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I am cool with it. It was fun regardless. Having modded now on MS I realize how stressful it is. Please consider it water under the bridge FMPOV and if it does get talked about further it is for future games not for any flashbacks or blame. :)

I got to troll. I never get to do that :D
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:01 pm

Post by Not Chara »

are you all excited for the subconscious mechanic or the Psychonauts part?
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:02 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 453, Not Chara wrote:though how does mafia remove the cop without revealing themselves in doing so? one mafioso would also need to sacrifice.
When the game was halted, inspec tried to contact a listmod to see how he could fix the game breaking situation of infinite cop checks. as mafia had no factional ability he gave them the ability to eliminate someone with <=10% perception as that was the same counter effect to him using cop in dream layer 3.

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:03 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

btw if you guys enjoyed the game mechanics or flavor, you might consider nominating it for new mechanics award or best flavor in cummies nomination thread :oops:

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:04 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Mainly if it was level 3 he didn't have enough to get back up. So it would be suicide to get a true result. But it would be negative EV for Town as you are trading the life of a confirmed cop for the life of someone who is not confirmed and thus unlikely to make your townblock succeed.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:04 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

I can't edit my post that's "scummies" my keyboard is the worst

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:05 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 460, Frozen Angel wrote:btw if you guys enjoyed the game mechanics or flavor, you might consider nominating it for new mechanics award or best flavor in cummies nomination thread :oops:
Flavor I might.
Mechanics honestly no. Having been in flipless games before if you run this again I would like to discuss some things :)
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:05 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 444, Frozen Angel wrote:I'm still pretty sure the game was not that townsided though - even with that error.

Town played lot better in this game.
Town really didn't play that well.

Sure, a handful of people suspected Hiraki and math, but we also suspected EAP, fuzzy, etc. And no one even remotely suspected gerry.

If you're talking about mechanics-wise, then ok, but I don't think the game should be so townsided even if town gets mechanics right.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:06 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 461, MathBlade wrote:Mainly if it was level 3 he didn't have enough to get back up. So it would be suicide to get a true result. But it would be negative EV for Town as you are trading the life of a confirmed cop for the life of someone who is not confirmed and thus unlikely to make your townblock succeed.
yep

mafia should have tried to keep player in above threads just in case.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:07 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Yep.

I think I just went off the rails at infinite cop check and wasn't watching my posts closely enough and that was a major detriment.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:07 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 464, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 444, Frozen Angel wrote:I'm still pretty sure the game was not that townsided though - even with that error.

Town played lot better in this game.
Town really didn't play that well.

Sure, a handful of people suspected Hiraki and math, but we also suspected EAP, fuzzy, etc. And no one even remotely suspected gerry.

If you're talking about mechanics-wise, then ok, but I don't think the game should be so townsided even if town gets mechanics right.
I was watching the game closely. In this game Mafia - Town compassion - town played way better than mafia. never said town played top notch.

Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:08 pm

Post by Not Chara »

i do wish i could have been mafia in this game.
but i wish i'm mafia in every game. so.

pedit: i was townreading you for leaving those rails. won't make that mistake again. when Mathblade believes something, they believe it.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:10 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 446, Not Chara wrote:can someone tell me why i was obvtown? needed for future scum games. i think it was because i was genuinely harried by the deadline and actually understood what was going on most of the time, but confirmation would be good. a lot of my reads were centered around that because of how little scumhunting (relatively) there ended up being.
Mainly the way you approached reading people and solving the game. I could tell there were things going on in your head that you didn't state outright. There were probably other things, but I'd have to look back.

PEdit: FA, the problem was that the people who were the scummiest were sent lower. So even if scum had a member that was widely townread, they'd have to sacrifice that player in order to kick.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:13 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 469, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 446, Not Chara wrote:can someone tell me why i was obvtown? needed for future scum games. i think it was because i was genuinely harried by the deadline and actually understood what was going on most of the time, but confirmation would be good. a lot of my reads were centered around that because of how little scumhunting (relatively) there ended up being.
Mainly the way you approached reading people and solving the game. I could tell there were things going on in your head that you didn't state outright. There were probably other things, but I'd have to look back.

PEdit: FA, the problem was that the people who were the scummiest were sent lower. So even if scum had a member that was widely townread, they'd have to sacrifice that player in order to kick.
That too. If I had been here at the start I would have Shadowrunned this hard core.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:13 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 458, Not Chara wrote:are you all excited for the subconscious mechanic or the Psychonauts part?
The subconscious mechanic. Never played that game
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:14 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 469, Infinity 324 wrote:PEdit: FA, the problem was that the people who were the scummiest were sent lower. So even if scum had a member that was widely townread, they'd have to sacrifice that player in order to kick.
Well, I admit that with the latest changes we made on setup I'm not mathematically saying it was 50-50

the thing is in this game mafia had no member in above threads = means no generally townread or mechanically laziness. if in this mafia had a a l1 member the game was over 2 days ago with mafia win when you guys went to layer 3.

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:15 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I still think this setup would have been townsided with the restricted cop. Gerry was townread widely enough that scum should've won this version imo. And even without the cop town only would need 3 conf town to win.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:17 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 472, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 469, Infinity 324 wrote:PEdit: FA, the problem was that the people who were the scummiest were sent lower. So even if scum had a member that was widely townread, they'd have to sacrifice that player in order to kick.
Well, I admit that with the latest changes we made on setup I'm not mathematically saying it was 50-50

the thing is in this game mafia had no member in above threads = means no generally townread or mechanically laziness. if in this mafia had a a l1 member the game was over 2 days ago with mafia win when you guys went to layer 3.
Gerry was widely townread, he just went to level 2 for whatever reason.

Thing is, how would Hiraki and mathblade have survived the kick? And if they didn't, we could've just lynched gerry ftw.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”