Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7900 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:32 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 7899, the worst wrote:this is basically what I'm anglin' at @Sando
It's a pointless conversation today, I'd consider it tomorrow but I'm not basing today's lynch off it.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7901 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:34 pm

Post by the worst »

yeah nah most definitely. the good thing here is we have time to think thru it and if it does have some gaping flaw I'm not thinking of y'all can plan around it or I'll try. I'm OK at breaking games and this game isn't breakable but this is the best I can think of.

anyway back to lynchin'?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7902 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:51 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Yes please. I doubt you'll need my advice after my flip, but here's to hoping!

And Frozen Angel, you are a sweetheart, I mean that sincerely!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7903 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:39 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

vote: Gamma emerald
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7904 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:44 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

also lurk creature is scum creature. kill that?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7905 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:11 pm

Post by the worst »

Ngl creature could go either way
his reads when he has been here have been more nuanced gamestate aware town creature indicative but his postocunt has been scum indicative so he could flip town, could flip scum. it's deffo within his scumrange to fake this and it's pingy that he rocks up and posts when he's called out but that's not high scum equity rn

I'd call him a good candidate for the DEATHENING or a food lynch shortly thereafter
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7906 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:28 am

Post by Toranaga »

I'm not gonna be around at all today

might post again in ~15h
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7907 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:29 am

Post by Toranaga »

I understand the suspicion on both kokichi (who did dick the whole game) and gamma

gamma is being quite the nonpresence, it's weird

I'm still lynching bbmolla for association with titus
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7908 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:39 am

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 7863, MathBlade wrote:Plus the math is horribly off. For every bomber there is a two step decrease in player count.

It’s a hella risky idea. Which is why I am sketched out when we have the advantage right now.
yeah, the bomber is disadvantageous if it blows up 2 town. i do not think it’s worth it. especially if a scum player blows up an established town player with them.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #7909 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:41 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7886, Frozen Angel wrote:we cen get self detonation tomorrow night right? so it will be a plan for 2 days later in game. The number might be way shorter than what you're saying which is actually a positive thing for that plan
I am thinking if we do this (which I am not so sure about) we force them to go off that night on predefined targets rather than during the day.

This means scum can’t kill one of the recipients and stop it from going off.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7910 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:42 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7904, Nero Cain wrote:also lurk creature is scum creature. kill that?
Creature isn’t lurking?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7911 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:43 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7897, Frozen Angel wrote:Did nancy even show up today?

did she claim what she did picked 2?
She asked for help catching up and I got swamped sorry. Maybe quote it again?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7912 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:44 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7895, Frozen Angel wrote:is petrification available the night bomb is out there?
Yes it is
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7913 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:46 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7891, Sando wrote:Math I assume I can't ask the mod yet, so I'm asking you, does the self detonation count as a night action? Could a scum use BP overnight and then blow themselves up safely the next day do you think?
It seems to count as a night action it doesn’t have the SS modifier that was there and is listed like a regular power.

I don’t think scum could do that based on the formatting
GTKAS -- MathBlade
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7914 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:48 am

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 7866, the worst wrote:say you pick 2 scum and 1 town to give it to. you lose 3-4 town + 2 scum? that's..... sensational?

say you pick 3 town, you lose 3-6 townies who need to die for you to sort the rest of the list, plus 0-3 scum depending literally on how many scum are in the lynchpool
In post 7868, the worst wrote:this is by far the cleverest idea I've ever had mechanically and stungun can prolly back me up that when I have mechanical ideas they're usually :fire:

(though I was scum that time and I can't think of a way scum benefits from literally removing the lynchpool from the game LMAO)
idk if that works though. i really don’t think it will benefit town to potentially lose a ton of townplayers when we have our poe pool set. i just think there are better ways we can handle this, like with the tracker power that is available apparently next day phase. it’s better to be safe than sorry imo
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7915 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:48 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7885, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 7882, the worst wrote:
In post 7866, the worst wrote:say you pick 2 scum and 1 town to give it to. you lose 3-4 town + 2 scum? that's..... sensational?

say you pick 3 town, you lose 3-6 townies who need to die for you to sort the rest of the list, plus 0-3 scum depending literally on how many scum are in the lynchpool
actually I liked this math
If everyone likes this can we plan it out though?

1) We give powers and targets during the day; deviating from them at night is a scum claim
2) We have to make sure that the most trust worthy get bombs like Stun Creature and Sando
GTKAS -- MathBlade
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7916 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:49 am

Post by stungun0404 »

a bunch of bulletproof trackers will be awfully hard for scum to kill....
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7917 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:50 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7916, stungun0404 wrote:a bunch of bulletproof trackers will be awfully hard for scum to kill....
Tracker doesn’t make them harder to kill.

They can be BP or track not both.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7918 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:50 am

Post by the worst »

In post 7910, MathBlade wrote:
Creature isn’t lurking?
posts like nothing until he's called out for playing in his scum meta
posts a few somewhat nuanced posts
goes back to posting minimally
:thinking:
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7919 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:52 am

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 7917, MathBlade wrote:
In post 7916, stungun0404 wrote:a bunch of bulletproof trackers will be awfully hard for scum to kill....
Tracker doesn’t make them harder to kill.

They can be BP or track not both.
i would not know that b/c i have not had a power yet, lol.

but that makes more sense!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7920 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:53 am

Post by the worst »

In post 7914, stungun0404 wrote:

In post 7868, the worst wrote:this is by far the cleverest idea I've ever had mechanically and stungun can prolly back me up that when I have mechanical ideas they're usually :fire:

(though I was scum that time and I can't think of a way scum benefits from literally removing the lynchpool from the game LMAO)
idk if that works though. i really don’t think it will benefit town to potentially lose a ton of townplayers when we have our poe pool set. i just think there are better ways we can handle this, like with the tracker power that is available apparently next day phase. it’s better to be safe than sorry imo
but like
worst case scenario, say we go pants on head and mislynch b2b we're down to 15 p in 12v3, say the nukefest somehow manages to wipe 6 townies

you're down to 6v3 and know for a fact that the townblock is fucked in the head and has three wolves in it
best case scenario? you ping 3 scum with the strat, all of them grab alternate abilities. even with petrification you just lynch the three of them b2b2b.

anyone who thinks the PoE lynchpool actually has scum in it should be blown away by how gr8 this strat is (unless they're scum).

you need to explain what your actual objective issue with it is fam >_>
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7921 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:53 am

Post by the worst »

....and lit af music taste won't get you out of this if you're scum :lol:
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7922 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:54 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7918, the worst wrote:
In post 7910, MathBlade wrote:
Creature isn’t lurking?
posts like nothing until he's called out for playing in his scum meta
posts a few somewhat nuanced posts
goes back to posting minimally
:thinking:
Have a little faith in me I can read Creature. <3

Like I am pretty sure Sando Stun and Creature are all town. Add one more then distribute the bombs and force them to go off at night.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7923 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:55 am

Post by stungun0404 »

it completely depends on just how the power works and who we trust to let take it

like i think it would be safest to put it in the hands of the slot that we trust the most, but that could still be scum, like maybe theta alpine
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7924 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:55 am

Post by MathBlade »

I am kinda thinking this might just work.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”