Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #3925 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

didn't a50 also claim desperate right after I claimed disloyal
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3926 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by chkflip »

Idk the timing but yes that's his claim.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3927 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 1033, Boonskiies wrote:Desperate - Like Disloyal, but works against Millers and similar. Mod may also make it so where if they would target successfully like if they had
@Chemist
Hydra of Shiro and Nancy Drew 39
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3928 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 3915, Titus wrote:
In post 3912, AaronFrost wrote:So did anyone else claim to target A50 and have their action fail or was it just Creature?
I targeted A50 and failed. Mine fails if blocked OR A50 is town.

VOTE: nips
So what is lynching nips actually going to confirm then?

Because if I have this right, then this is what happened
  • A50 targetted flipple nips and lived which would normally point to a clear EXCEPT
  • Both you and Creature targetted A50 and your actions failed
Atm I believe A50 to be town which would be the most likely explanation for your action failing. However there are a number of different scenarios that could've caused Creature's action to fail.
  • Your theory is right and there is an enchantress that targetted A50
  • Creature could've been roleblocked
  • A50 could've been rolestopped OR could be an ascetic (which he has denied and I think town A50 would tell the truth about that I'm going to say him being ascetic is unlikely)
So if nipple flips is scum then it would point to there being an enchantress. However if he's town then we basically confirm nothing because any of those scenarios could still hold true.

Is there something I'm missing here? Bc right now I don't think flipples has a >random chance of flipping scum.

What is your VCA case against him?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3929 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:33 pm

Post by chkflip »

Thank fuck Frost, I really didn't want to iterate and reiterate again and again. And you made it so pretty to look at too oh I'm enchanted. <3
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3930 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:34 pm

Post by davesaz »

That quote is mangled, it's "may also make it so they die if they can target successfully".
It's important to note that this is an option not a definition of the modifier, so only the people who actually get the modifier will get directly informed of which variant is in use this game. I have no reason to doubt the death on success variant is in use btw.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #3931 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

fwiw I think regardless of mech stuff flips is a bad wagon

because there's nothing mechancially implicating him, only preventing him from being mech clear

also his posting got kinda better today
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3932 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by davesaz »

To paraphrase Titus's VCA, there were 3 wagons all at 5 or so, and two of those have flipped or been mech cleared as town. This implies the 3rd wagon was on scum.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3933 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by davesaz »

There is a little more to it but that's the gist as far as I can tell.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3934 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:51 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 3931, Chemist1422 wrote:fwiw I think regardless of mech stuff flips is a bad wagon

because there's nothing mechancially implicating him, only preventing him from being mech clear

also his posting got kinda better today
He’s the only one who knows Expresso and that was a weird kill. I was 100% opposed to it until I made the connection between A50 and Creature. If Creature had targeted Drew, I wouldn’t be voting Nips.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3935 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:52 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 3932, davesaz wrote:To paraphrase Titus's VCA, there were 3 wagons all at 5 or so, and two of those have flipped or been mech cleared as town. This implies the 3rd wagon was on scum.
R & J
Haggle
Nips
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3936 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:55 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 3935, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 3932, davesaz wrote:To paraphrase Titus's VCA, there were 3 wagons all at 5 or so, and two of those have flipped or been mech cleared as town. This implies the 3rd wagon was on scum.
R & J = townflip
Haggle = confirmed to have no gun by claimed gunsmith Dave
Nips
So, with the knowledge that Creature targeted A50 and was blocked, enchantress theory is looking a lot more solid now.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3937 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:59 pm

Post by Titus »

Correct. Wagon participation also is a factor too. The higher the wagon participation the more likely one of the people is scum.

If you disagree, then scum should be heavily off wagons.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3938 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:11 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 3937, Titus wrote:
Correct. Wagon participation also is a factor too. The higher the wagon participation the more likely one of the people is scum.

Another thing I remember you saying (I'll try to find that post in a minute) is that you thought me and BEF were driving the wagon onto R&J. What made you think this?
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3939 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:13 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 3938, AaronFrost wrote:

Another thing I remember you saying (I'll try to find that post in a minute) is that you thought me and BEF were driving the wagon onto R&J. What made you think this?
That was another thing I didn’t agree with.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3940 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:17 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

Found it
In post 3034, Titus wrote:
In post 3033, Titus wrote:Counterwagon to two wagons

And who lead the shift away from his wagon

Frost and BEF...
Ebwop lead the shift to R and J away from FlipNips
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3941 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:00 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3938, AaronFrost wrote:

I looked at the wagons between the 10 R and J vote and the 5 5 5 split
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3942 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:22 pm

Post by chkflip »

RCE, are the EoD vote counts an accurate representation of your ability?
50 Judge Powers
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3943 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:35 pm

Post by 50 Judge Powers »

In post 3657, Joan of Arc wrote:As for protecting her, I mostly protected her because she is the only one I know in this playerlist.
*She said, with a cunning smile on her face and her fingers crossed behind her back*
This is a hydra of
one tricky monkey
a tough guy
&
a flirt :P
50 Judge Powers
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3944 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:36 pm

In post 3676, Titus wrote:
In post 3674, chkflip wrote:A50 is the closest thing we have to a cop rn.
He LITERALLY DIES if he visits scum.
Wrong I am. I actually get proof of scum if I am healed.

Now, you're attacking the doctor which might only get one more action.
Your bloody action doesn't work ON TOWN anyway. If you were healed and I was scum (and thus still alive) then I would have been right there with you in the hood. Isn't that what you claim to have been given as a modifier???
This is a hydra of
one tricky monkey
a tough guy
&
50 Judge Powers
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3945 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:39 pm

VOTE: Joan

Nor buying ANYTHING she says. I don't even know why Scum would leave the Doctor alive, if they -presumably- had both me and -allegedly- Creature blocked one way or another. So they left the Doctor alone, without even trying to block her action??
This is a hydra of
one tricky monkey
a tough guy
&
50 Judge Powers
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3946 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:43 pm

In post 3684, Joan of Arc wrote:Okay, you want to know what my modifier is? It's loyal. Meaning my protection only works on town. Which is where my TR originated from.
And how would you know if it worked at all, when Scum actually killed someone (so obviously didn't try to kill Titus to begin with)??
This is a hydra of
one tricky monkey
a tough guy
&
50 Judge Powers
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3947 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:52 pm

In post 3693, Chara wrote:i don't think Joan's claims make sense. her Titus TR coming on the start of D2 is fine, if it's intuition. but she says it's because she's loyal, and that she assumes her protection worked. assuming your loyal protection worked isn't a reason to assume your target was town. it has nothing to do with it, unless we lacked a kill last night.
Thank you!
This is a hydra of
one tricky monkey
a tough guy
&
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3948 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:57 pm

Post by davesaz »

My theory, which we won't know is accurate until postgame I suppose, is that scum thought they were killing a lover and thus would get a two-fer. That could override killing a doc N1. I don't want to be inconsiderate but it's also important to consider proficiency -- a doc who doesn't yet know who to target is unlikely to be effective in any case.

As for the blocking action, a simple analysis of your EOD position should show that it's likely they thought you would target one of them and that town would figure out what the results meant. It's fairly obvious that if there is an enchantress it isn't (competent) town or we wouldn't have spent all this time discussing it. I'm coming along to the point of view that we do know that your target could be predicted, and that your action could perhaps be manipulated by scum and exploited to "confirm someone as town". Someone who I won't mention rn is "right" in their scumreads but for a fairly poor reason -- or at least they haven't articulated the better reasons.

One other thing I'll bring up since it concerns 50's reads, if scum were informed the game had a Juvenile Delinquent, they would have incentive to want to find out who it was. Was anyone especially suspicious of the miller claim and did that generate lengthy discussion? This piece of evidence might help explain the NK or identify who was exploring that angle, if there was anyone.
50 Judge Powers
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3949 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:07 pm

In post 3701, Chara wrote:i thought Almost's final claim was Desperate. Weak was something he was talking about earlier.

my understand is Weak = die on scum/millers, and Desperate = die on scum/millers, action fails on town. distinct enough.
No. I am WEAK .. AND .. DESPERATE.. and it was explained to me in MY ROLE PM that Desperate means my action fails if my target is not a member of the Scum team (and then I asked and learned also Millers are treated as if they were members of the Scum team for all I'm concerned).

It was also explained to me in my Role PM that WEAK would make me die if I targeted a member of the Scum team (and then I asked... reread in between the brackets above)

I am also 1-shot, but my shot gets refunded whenever it fails (and then I asked and found out it fails on ANYONE not a member of the Scum team, so it would fail if my target was 3P too. Furthermore, my action fail could be due to my target being a Commuter, or having been Rolestopped, or if I'm RB'd ... etc)

@Fonz: I can't visit you tonight, as I'm taking my wife out for dinner. :P
This is a hydra of
one tricky monkey
a tough guy
&

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”