Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:45 pm

Post by Auro »

Lurking as a scum strat has a much higher negative impact than lurking right now as town, though.

VOTE: FormerFish

Mobile site expands the text box when I type in something in the preview screen, hiding the submit button.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:46 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 349, Dunnstral wrote:but your argument seems to assume they put her scum game as a priority while they don't care if she's town
I mean given her strength as town versus scum in *this* setup especially, why not?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I'm not going to pretend to be an expert at guessing what nsg's team would do/what they're doing, I'm saying I don't understand why the lurking is town indicative, because I don't think the logic for why she wouldn't lurk as scum is nor very good,
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:58 pm

Post by Espeonage »

It is entirely anecdotal but my entire experience with team mafia is that people will help a bit and some people are more likely to than others, but the time I won most of my teammates played ok to well and I got carried like fuck and had about 5 posts the entire game and won.

So any argument that has basis in x team would do y bc this is team mafia is inherently flawed and will get you nowhere. Better to drop that entire line of thinking and take everything at face value.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:59 pm

Post by Espeonage »

In post 343, gobbledygook wrote:I don't know, independent of her meta tell for being scum, the fact that she left her vote on wgeurts despite naming him as one of her THREE town reads seems pretty bad coming from the Paragon.
Burden of proficiency is bad and why a lot of great players leave the site and burn out. Y'all can revisit this later as anecdotal evidence but I am gonna need more than logical fallacies to join wagons for the sake of it.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:04 pm

Post by Espeonage »

To provide actual works to answer Dunn's question.

The point I am making is that there is a right way to ask about suspicion on yourself, and just asking and getting ammo on how to fix it and be town read is not the way to do it. That is why I am scum reading Auro. All of the mentality stuff I am reading in Auro's posts reads to me as working out how to be town read not how to convince others of their own reads to work with others. This isn't even town ego either which I would admit is probably townie despite being a shithouse way to play the game that I am a hypocrite for calling out.

The entirety of my reasoning is Auro cares more about being town read than finding scum.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by Espeonage »

ebwop: words
Don't @ me.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:18 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Page 1:

Gobs question becomes a thing.

Dann shows his inner fan boi towards NSG

Geurt wagon grows to 4 with Auro vote

Page 2:

This is pretty much just Dann and I.

Page 3:
In post 50, Auro wrote:How does the answer to "Why White Flag?" give any useful information? The reasons would have been established prior, and there's no picking games after role assignments anyway.
I didnt mind the question because I do think that there could be info we can glean from a choice. Like if anyone wanted to be in this game and why. Or if everyone was forced into the game then there would be nothing to gain from it. I also don't mind the cageyness of Gob around his reasonings because tipping his hand about the reason behind the question could compromise his ability to get anything from the question.
In post 58, Cephrir wrote:Also one of my teammates thinks he's just town!
Who?

Ceph started in on Gob here .
Hopkirk became a thing and my head started to hurt.

Page 4:

Ceph and Gob go back and forth a lot. Ceph seems to have an issue with the use of big words and is making a meta argument against Gob, but when called on it Ceph denies that its a meta read while only talking about meta and even admitting he was still going on about meta. To call someone "wooden" is to imply that you have seem them before as town as has been looser then he is here. If meta isnt the basis for the casis, then what is Ceph?

I don't get the bit Hops doing. That team knows they dont play in all the games concurrently right?

Page 5:
In post 100, KittyMo wrote:I'm having some trouble seeing how these fit together. It might help if you expanded on how you're "unsure of the sentiment."
Sure, I'm saying that the interaction was something that made me stop and pay attention, and in I'm saying that I don't know if its AI and what I meant about the sentiment is that there isnt anyone on here on irl that I would fan boi for. Like I've met people at conventions and shit, but ive never been like omg and starts gushing. I only do that for people I know but havent seen in awhile. Like if Titus is in a game I'm in, youll see it.
In post 103, gobbledygook wrote:I didn't even see that post, but yeah that is a big personality.
I don't think I'm that big.

I do like how Ceph is bouncing around, it reminds me of town games with him.
In post 117, gobbledygook wrote:While we are on the topic of meta, if NSG lurks she is scum. Period.
This was weird.
In post 121, Dannflor wrote:
In post 120, Cephrir wrote:and i think he's not afraid to make waves and that's good
I'm trying not to let this specifically influence my read because
I think this is just who FF is as a person

but I think I'm finally vibing with a town read

I don't have any scum reads yet but I guess I can live with that
Should i be insulted by the bold?

Biggest take away from the 1st 5 is a town lean on Ceph based on his vote hoping and the pressure he's putting on slots already.

I don't like how bogged down Dann got with Gob and the RQS about why this game as I posted above I think that there could be info to gain from this.

Gob also took some heat from multiple slots and I think he came out the other side looking better each time. Town lean here too.

Also glad hopkirk was doing a bit and that slot might calm down a little.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:40 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 355, Espeonage wrote:The point I am making is that there is a right way to ask about suspicion on yourself, and just asking and getting ammo on how to fix it and be town read is not the way to do it.
Why not? I have stated I do this as town, and Dunn has sort of affirmed it too.
Also, debating on reasons behind scumreads on me usually helps a lot in forming reads. Absolutely disagree that it's the "wrong" approach to scumreads.
Spoiler: Thor's Words
Subject: [Game Over] Open 743 - The Crown of Misery

And that I'm not working with others is blatantly false - what the hell?
Thor665 wrote:
In post 1689, BBmolla wrote:
In post 1688, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1682, BBmolla wrote:UNVOTE:

nah he's scummy let's not. hm.
I'll bite.
Why am I scummy?
You’re spending most of your time outlogicking people instead of convincing them to vote the person you are voting.
I'm spending most of my time outlogicking people that are calling me scummy - I can't get them to sheep me until I defeat their initial bad premise.
Also, I'v espent a *lot* of time arguing for my scumreads -do you need post numbers? How do you justify claiming it as not spending time trying to get them lynched. Frankly half of my "outlogics" are about me explaining my case while people call my case scummy.
Back up this empty accusation please and thank you.
In post 1748, Malakitty wrote:btw im feeling alive now

still want a thor flip
I bet you do.
How's that "case" thing going?
Y'know, the one you don't have?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:40 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 358, Auro wrote:And that I'm not working with others is blatantly false - what the hell?
This should be outside the spoilered quote, sorry.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:33 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Page 6:
In post 140, Hopkirk wrote:Not a fan of how passive 100 reads tone wise. She made a lot of comments but what she left out gives me the impression she was avoiding getting into the noisiest/messiest/most visible parts of the game. Fence sitting on Gobble. Not getting involved/commenting about me (the hydra thing) and the gobble/Ceph conflict that were both going on at the time.
This is an interesting read. I didn't feel like Kitty was doing that, but I was also not involved in the "messy" parts so maybe it just feels that way if you were active in the thread? I'll have to look back at Kitty to see if I see the same thing.
In post 142, gobbledygook wrote:The desire to not want to be voting me is not scummy, the need to move it to another person to talk with them is weird. You just did it with Auro too.
Cephs actions dont ping me like that, ive seen plenty of people vote for who they want to talk to, its almost like a shout in a crowd to that person because they will definitely see a vote for them if they are active.

After Kittys i no longer feel good about Hopkirks Hottake. I liked this part "I don't think your takes on "the first part" are great. Like, you seem to be arguing it's both "too prepared" but also something he didn't think through enough when he asked it which is why he had to overprepare later?" towards Hops read on Gob. Looking back at what shes talking about made me look at Hops posts in a different light. Town points for Kitty.

Page 7:
In post 155, Dunnstral wrote:I did though, I think Dann wrote you off as town too fast and was kind of scummy in the posts right before the vote
Which posts and why didnt they make it onto your catch up? You talk about Dann in your first post and you seem to like him, and then without much mention of him you flip your read.
In post 169, Auro wrote:FormerFish isn't as impressive as his former games at all. He has a lot of posts, but not a lot of content, save a weakish push on KittyMo.
Which games are you basing this meta off of? And I don't feel like I've been posting much at all. I've been working through some stuff irl and haven't had the drive to do many things I enjoy.

And if I made a weak push on anyone it was Dann.

I like Dunn over Auro in their beef.

Page 8:
In post 178, wgeurts wrote:
In post 23, Auro wrote:
In post 9, gobbledygook wrote:@everyone, why did everyone choose this game?
I'm not going to have a lot of time to invest in TM, so decided I'd go for the simplest setup.
Dude what. Quickly interrupting me reading up to state how this is a terrible idea. Why would you participate in an event consisting of games where everyone is expected to be playing at their best, knowing you don't have the time to do so?

Others are dependent on your performance, not just of your team but also your faction in this game. You are an absolute liability to the town if you don't put in effort, which takes time. I really hope to see it from you.
Wow, this was a bit unnecessary to me. Unless this is a joke and im just taking it the wrong way...
In post 181, wgeurts wrote:Okay so, I like Dunnstral and Cephrir for town, probably also Hopkirk but I want to talk with them. I don't particularly like both FormerFish and Auro, and have doubts on Turkey being scum as the interaction with Cephrir seemed pretty TvT for an early game exchange. I want to hear more thoughts from Joan as sorting them can be tedious if they're not all too invested.

Will write up my explanations in a bit. I'm way too tired at the moment.
This is actually kinda scary how in step we are. I even don't like myself at times.

Dann do you think that Im scum reading you because of my rvs vote? 151 and 153 are me poking at Gob to see what he'll do, kinda the same thing i did to you with my rvs vote. Thats kinda what i do on d1s if you havent noticed. Some may be hunters, but im more of a gatherer. Strongest read is on Ceph town, and i liked part of Geurts entry, not a fan of the rebuke.
In post 186, Auro wrote:Join the FF wagon?
You love wagons based on nothing dont you? Is that because you aren't very good at forming reads so you hop from wagon to wagon in hopes that something clicks for you?
In post 186, Auro wrote:It's quite simple reasoning. A continued push on reasons I (at least initially) disagreed with, on a slot I judge likely town, is slightly likelier to come from scum than random to my eyes. You've never seen someone push someone else for pushing a townread of theirs?
Also, can you give me a brief explanation of your scumreads so far?
Isnt what youre describing a chainsaw defense? You think my town read is scum so you have to be scum.

Form reads based off peoples own actions not how you think they play off other reads that arent set in stone or ever verifiable.
In post 187, Donempire wrote:Sure, you can consider it as such. What do you make of it?
I love you too Dongy.
In post 189, Donempire wrote:i want to clear my mind on former first because this doesnt play like his towngame.
Dafuq?

I didn't see Auros vote on Dong coming, I kinda thought there were teaming up to come after me the way they've been talking. This just got interesting.
In post 195, Auro wrote:Maybe it's your style, but scummy nonetheless.
Do you disagree?
Why do you speak for Dong while you are voting him? Dongs issues is with Ceph, you dont need to step in for Dong.

Page 9:

Dong is going deep on Ceph and Auro. I think his instincts are correct on one and not the other.

Not a fan at all of Auros vote for Ceph in . Like Auro admits that Dong hasnt done anything to wash the scummy taste out of his mouth at all, but still moves his vote to someone who is clearly towning it up here.
In post 204, KittyMo wrote:
@Formerfish
Sorry Kitty, answered above.
In post 208, Cephrir wrote:I feel like I'm doing it wrong continuing to have short posts!

My team is supporting me on the Auro suspicion, so im content to roll with that for a bit.
What are they saying about it?
In post 224, northsidegal wrote:okay he's bothering me to say that he specifically means on gobbles
RC says that Gobs is scum?

Page 10:
In post 228, Donempire wrote:VOTE: cephrir
I dont like this. The voting progression of Auro and Dong feel off here. Like they vote for separate people, and then for each other and then one sheeps the other. It just feels to incestuous. And if the vote is on Ceph because of his play style thats a weak vote and you both should feel bad about it.
In post 229, Hopkirk wrote:@Formerfish: could you explain the thought process you had while posting this? It reads like the textbook 'LAMIST' and the connection between your monologue and Gobble's post feels loose at best - as though you wanted to post this and you're using Gobble's post as an excuse to post it. Don't really see why you'd want to as scum or as town though, so interested in your mindset.
He said that white flag is hard to win as town. I disagreed and explained why I felt that wasnt true. I don't know why youre calling it a monologue because its not even among the biggest posts in thread and was made on page 2 in response to something from page 1. I dont understand how me explaining why a post made sense for me to contribute at the time will help change something you see as NAI.
In post 230, Hopkirk wrote:pretty abrasive personality/playwise
I resent this depiction of me.
In post 231, Hopkirk wrote:Did this help you develop your read on Turkey? If so, what is it.
He kinda retreated, which I see coming from town more so than scum. If scum saw a chance to rake me over the coals for being a douche they would have. Ive been teetering on Gob a little, but I keep coming back to the town side based off a game i played with him recently.
In post 243, Auro wrote:I explained it in the very post you quoted - FormerFish's content was unimpressive, unlike in my previous games with him. Why was this hard to understand?
I am rarely impressive on d1, i get cooking d3 or so.

Espy remembered this game is a thing.

No read on at all: Joan, NSG, Espy

Townish- Wgeurt, Ceph, Hop, Gob

Nullish: Dann, Dunn, Kitty,

Scumish: Auro, Dong
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:34 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Its time to repack the bowl and get some more koolaid.

Im glad those walls didnt end up as long as i thought they were going to cause i forgot to spolier them...
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:41 pm

Post by Auro »

Basing meta off booneytunz extravaganza, weren't you Nev?

I do love wagons based on nearly nothing in RVS, yes.

Playstyle is no excuse for scummy play.

I did form a mild push based on people's actions - their attack of a townread of mine.

I admitted the opposite about Doing, what did you get out of post 259?

I didn't "step in", I was also attacking Ceph from before that, so...? How is this scum motivated anyway?

I see the Dong+Auro association but that's not a path I'd take if I were scum with him, lol.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:49 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 346, Dunnstral wrote:Gobble is the scummiest player at this point in the game.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:50 pm

Post by Formerfish »

uhhh pay no attention to that random blurb.. nothing to see here.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:11 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 250, Dannflor wrote:I was curious because I had mixed feelings on FF at the time, still do tbh. And I wanted to know if you scum read him, what the reasons for that were.
Can you go into your mixed feelings more? Im kinda getting the feeling that youre fishing for reasons to scum read me for some reason and you have nothing right now so you are looking to latch on to someone elses reasons as an excuse to get off the fence on me.
In post 252, Dannflor wrote:
In post 221, northsidegal wrote:my current working townblock is {dunn, kittymo, wgeurts}
I see the other two but why wgeurts
This post feels off to me for some reason as well. The post from NSG that Dann quoted as her 4th post and has offered almost nothing to the game at all. Why is Dann so interested in her town block when no ones town block should have NSG in it right now?
In post 254, Dannflor wrote:And I really don't like that vote on Cephrir immediately after from Dongempire

VOTE: Dongempire
How do you feel about Auro since has basically did the same things as Dong here? Are you tring Auro since you think scumDong latched onto his bad read on Ceph?
In post 263, Joan of Arc wrote:VOTE: gobble
I mean if I were to think of a ballsy 2nd post in a game itd be a naked vote 250 posts after the first.
In post 265, Espeonage wrote:So just skimming this page alone. idgaf if it's prevalent in other games, but here, I don't want to see any of this attacking with x reason because y teammate said so. It removes accountability, the teammate is able to read from a neutral perspective, and therefore muddies the entirety of the game.

Bounce ideas of them sure, but play your game, don't be a conduit for someone to just play four games.

Vote: Auro
Whats the difference between it being said in their teams pt and here? If they agree with the comment from their teammate its just as much coming from them as it is another. I doubt that if one of my teammates said XYZ were scum and I disagreed you guys wouldnt be hearing about it in this thread. (this post just beat Joans out for best 2nd post)
In post 274, Espeonage wrote:So I've found two scum which is enough to win the game. Auro and Dunn are both scum kthxbi
I can see scum Auro, but I dont see scum Dunn right now, what are you seeing?

I like Kittys posts more and more, got a little worried seeing her say Gammagooey was sring me, but the correction post put that to bed.
In post 270, KittyMo wrote:Highlighting your effort rather than trying to build on it is more likely to be a feature of fake solving.
Its lines like this that make me like her posts by the way.

Page 12:
In post 277, Dunnstral wrote:Is gobble vote-worthy in your eyes, why or why not?
Right now, no, I have him as townish. I'd be down for Auro or Dong at this point.
In post 278, Espeonage wrote:exploitable mechanic.
Am i dumb for not knowing what you mean?
In post 286, Dannflor wrote:FF I look forward to your catch up

wow me pls
Why? So you can finally justify a tr on me? Ducky tell you to pocket me this way?
In post 288, Dannflor wrote:at this point I'm just trying to throw stuff out there and see what sticks and what doesn't because this game needs something to kick start it
You could push a scum read of your own? I feel like this whole game you have been asking questions and have been talking a lot but i havent seen a push from you yet, have i? Why jumpstart the game with saying random stuff to see what happens when you have barely said your own reads.

where the fuck does this vote on Ceph from Dann come from?
In post 293, Auro wrote:
In post 277, Dunnstral wrote:Well if he's town, then his teammate acts one way, if he's scum then his teammate acts the other way, right? Or are you saying that Duck wouldn't bother with that if he were scum?
Yeah, if they were scum I don't think they'd fake a reason for duck to tell Dann to keep an eye out for me.
Ducky could have said that to him as scum only if you were town. If Dann is scum Ducky could have told him to keep an eye on you and then had to come up with a reason why he said that. This probably means that Dann and Auro are not scum together.

is really good posting from Espy

Page 13:
In post 305, Dannflor wrote:Unsure what this question is supposed to mean? Am I not supposed to form reads on people I've never played with before?
This feels like a dodge to me. I think its reasonable for Dunn to ask why the quick tr on Espy if Dann has no experience with Espy. I think its a little pedantic to act like the idea of tring Espy is crazy when all Dunn asked for was the reason behind the tr in this game, that Dann gave.
In post 305, Dannflor wrote:Maybe I'm just bad!
You did say you were overrated, maybe the scum pressure is getting to you and chinks in your armor are starting to spider out putting you closer and closer to sure death?
In post 306, Hopkirk wrote:I don't really think this responds to my point. Do you see why I'd have a problem with you making meta arguments on 2 people (though maybe just one since you said FF was past game based, but I'm counting it as meta argument in treating you as a player who likes meta) then being suspicious of someone for something that meta would help you to sort while not looking at the meta on that person?
It took me a minute to figure out what you were saying here, it was a bit convoluted, but i think i got there in the end. This is about Auro not looking at Gobs iso right?
In post 309, Auro wrote:About FF: He was Nev from some Booneytunz Extravaganza game I remember, and was a very aggressive (in a way that advances the game) voice there, his 20 posts here feel nothing like that. I forget why I asked you to sell me on town!FF, looking back at your posts I don't see a townread from you.
In that game I was a hydra and it was a large theme that i like instantly got scumread by multiple people in and had to fight them off the entire time. I was unhappy with that game and its the only one ive even considered blacklisting someone as a result of.
In post 317, Auro wrote:NSG's being clear in her lack of effort so far, and has mentioned there are other reasons.
FF is a slot I wouldn't mind lynching D1, but NSG I wouldn't - even if there were reasons to believe she's scum, I'd put her off for a later day.
Is this the shit on FF game and no one told me?
In post 321, Auro wrote:Yeah I wouldn't apply a BoP to FF
So NSG is worth keeping around to see how accurate her reads are, but I can die today? Thanks bro.

Page 14:
In post 328, Dannflor wrote:Eddie Cane would like it to be publicly stated that his two most confident reads are Auro and Hopkirk as town.

I agree for the most part. Definitely on Hopkirk, somewhat less confident but still town reading Auro.
I guess i spoke too soon about people not putting out reads from teammates in thread they dont believe in themselves. Does Cane have a lot of experience with those two in particular?
In post 331, Dannflor wrote:VOTE: gobble
I like this vote about as much as when he voted foe Ceph.

Is this another one of those throw shit and see what sticks things, or are you moving your vote to sit it until deadline when we eventually have to lynch Gob because of deadline?
In post 332, Auro wrote:@the Joan of Arc point: I think Dunn's reasoning actually makes sense here, and if Gobble's actually scum this would make Joan very likely town to me. However I can also imagine scum!her being coached into naked wagoning and lurking...
I dont understand how you could come to any conclusion on Joans alignment based off Im here and a naked vote on Gob. Literally 2 posts. If Gob is the lynch and flips scum I would see that as nothing other than a distancing vote from Joan.
In post 333, Dannflor wrote:
In post 332, Auro wrote:@Dann, somehow I feel a little bit uncomfortable with my being the "most confident" town read. Does tw concur?
the worst also concurs! Although he has not read the entire game I don't think and has no other reads besides you
If he hasnt read the game why does it feel like you are using him as a crutch?
In post 341, gobbledygook wrote:I want to vote NSG because she is playing into her scum meta that I saw in Alternative 9P. I find it odd that no one else is commenting on that. It seemed like it was common knowledge across the site since other payers in that game also made that observation.
Ive never played with NSG so I dont know her meta to comment on. Why is she the only scum read you explain? Wgeurt, Dong and I are all below the line of demarcation, but NSG is the only one of us high enough to get explained.
In post 346, Dunnstral wrote:Gobble is the scummiest player at this point in the game.
In post 346, Dunnstral wrote:If you have meta info on scum NSG you should share it, I don't know what you are talking about.

VOTE: Formerfish
Gob is the scummiest player to Dunn. Gob claims to have info on NSG that makes her scum. Dunn votes me while asking his biggest scum read what makes NSG scum. That totally makes sense.

At this point Brad stood up from his computer and went into the kitchen. In the back of the cabinet there was a bottle that had grown a bit dusty over time. Some ol' kentucky rye whiskey sloshed in the bottle as it was removed from its forgotten home. See the only time that Brad ever drinks from this bottle is when he has read something that makes his head literally hurt. Brad used to go the hospital in the past when things like this happened. He would explain how he felt and the doctors and nurses would listen and they would run some tests. All of those actions were in vain as what Brad was suffering from was not something that could be deduced by any tests known to man. Brad was suffering from an allergy to other people and the things that they say that make no sense at all. Brad has been doing good, staying on the right path, avoiding politics and any discussions of religion. Playing Mafia was playing with fire though, and deep down Brad always knew that this would be the ending given enough time. Well what the hell, I know the medication says not to drink with it, but thats just a suggestion right?

Page 15:
In post 362, Auro wrote:Basing meta off booneytunz extravaganza, weren't you Nev?
Yes, as a hydra.

I do love wagons based on nearly nothing in RVS, yes.
Sweet, learn anything from your vote hopping?

Playstyle is no excuse for scummy play.
I don't see Ceph as playing scummy. I see this as his town game. Look at him in Baton Pass and you will see the same attitude, posting, dismissiveness everything to a t.

I did form a mild push based on people's actions - their attack of a townread of mine.
Attacking a townread of yours shouldnt automatically make them scum to you. Don't you think you'd want to engage the person with a differing view to see if you were incorrect and therefore could reassess and readjust or maybe explain why you have the read you have and see if you could change the other persons? It seems kinda silly to arbitrarily decide someones alignment based off your reading of a different slot. You could easily be wrong and are tring a scumbag and are scumreading a townie based off them correctly scumreading the scum that has snowed you. Again, im pretty sure this is a chainsaw defense and is a scummy thing to do

I admitted the opposite about Doing, what did you get out of post 259?
I must have missed that one.

I didn't "step in", I was also attacking Ceph from before that, so...? How is this scum motivated anyway?
You did step in because you were further explaining Dongs position against Ceph. Ceph asked Dong a question is response to a post Dong had made. Before Dong responded you made a post. Its scummy because either you are white knighting dong or trying to pocket him here.

I see the Dong+Auro association but that's not a path I'd take if I were scum with him, lol.
I mean, it might not have been what you meant to do, but it looks like it happened.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:16 pm

Post by Formerfish »

That brings me up to date and this is where i am reads wise after all that.

Townie: Wgeurt, Kitty, Ceph, Hop, Espy

Nullie: Dunn, NSG, Gob

Scummie: Dann, Joan, Auro, Dong

Looking at the wagons we have 3 leading ones, Ceph, Auro and Gob.

Seeing Auro, Dong and Dann on Ceph make me feel good about that slot being town considering Joan would have to come back on to naked vote there as well for all my scum reads to be voting Ceph.

Auro is being voted by Ceph, Hop and Espy all people I have good feels about so far. Then Gob has Dunn and Joan on it.

VOTE: Auro
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:25 pm

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: Formerfish

coherent words will have to come tomorrow
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:29 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 365, Formerfish wrote:How do you feel about Auro since has basically did the same things as Dong here? Are you tring Auro since you think scumDong latched onto his bad read on Ceph?
I asked him this and this was answered earlier.
You're throwing a number of stale attacks that I've already responded to. Perhaps read through the game once before asking questions? :P

You were the primarily active head in the early stages of BooneyTunz, that you were in a Hydra shouldn't change much. Again, I was only talking about posted content - not the lack of activity. Even if you were unhappy, I liked your posts (even though I remember my slot was in conflict with yours a lot).

I'm not shitting on you, I'd award a BoP rarely. NSG being easily detectable as scum helps my reasoning, in that she wouldn't pose a major threat to town early game.

I don't think distancing happens this early in a White Flag game, especially if your teammate's being pushed by multiple people. (Regarding Gob vs Joan)

Yeah, learned a lot from my vote hopping, I've explained my trajectories on various slots - are you even reading my posts?

You'll also discover I moved off Ceph (although I don't quite want to), being dismissive and uncooperative is easy for scum to hide behind.

The "attacking townread of yours shouldn't make them scum" argument has been repeated ad nauseam in this game and is frankly a huge stretch from "minus points". And I did exactly what you describe in that long paragraph - engaged with a person with a different view and reassessed. Misconstruing it as a rigid, solid, stubborn scumread is scummy.

Lol, you do realize my attack was parallel to Dong's before he asked that question, right? And weren't you saying we were SvS?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:38 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 354, Espeonage wrote:Y'all can revisit this later as anecdotal evidence but I am gonna need more than logical fallacies to join wagons for the sake of it.
Which part of "they still didn't bother shifting votes off a top 3 townread" is fallacious? It's a pretty standard standard to hold someone to, moreso from a known competent player.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:39 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 369, Auro wrote:
In post 354, Espeonage wrote:Y'all can revisit this later as anecdotal evidence but I am gonna need more than logical fallacies to join wagons for the sake of it.
Which part of "they still didn't bother shifting votes off a top 3 townread" is fallacious? It's a pretty standard standard to hold someone to, moreso from a known competent player.
Is this about NSG?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:47 pm

Post by Auro »

Yes.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:55 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 303, T-Bone wrote:
Vote Count
Cephrir - 3
(Auro, Dongempire, Dannflor)
Auro - 3
(Cephrir, Hopkirk, Espeonage)
gobbledygook - 2
(Dunnstral, Joan of Arc)
KittyMo - 1
(wgeurts)
wguerts - 1
(northsidegal)
Dannflor - 1
(Formerfish)
Hopkirk - 1
(gobbledygook)
Dunnstral - 1
(Kittymo)

Not Voting - 0
( )

Activity Check - Prodding Dongempire and wguerts

Deadline: (expired on 2020-01-16 22:59:30)

With 13 Alive, it takes 7 to Lynch
So you care more about the single rvs vote on wgeurts from NSG that is in no way a danger to wgeurts because he has one vote and I havent seen many people saying hes on the top of their scum list.

NSG has said she isnt very involved in the thread right now and you seem to have an issue with that.

Joan said shes here and then naked votes Gob and you seem to be just aofuckingk with that for some reason.

Why worry about a vanity rvs vote at all?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:56 pm

Post by Formerfish »

I mean wgeurts has less posts than NSG and he is voting for Kitty, wanna vote him next?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:57 pm

Post by Formerfish »

@mod- Can we get an update on wgeurts and Joan and then a prod of NSG cause she just went into the red zone.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”