Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:51 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 623, SirCakez wrote:That doesn't make any sense. As soon as 5C didn't hammer me from your POV I should be confirmed scum so your CC was pointless.
Are you really saying that in a LYLO situation, I should not call you out on your claim - even though it is 100% false - knowing at the same time that 5C is not a Merlin and therefore cannot assess the veracity of your claim unless I step in? That makes no sense.
In post 624, SirCakez wrote:And 5C hasn't talked about it at all either so it didn't do anything to help convince them.
Really?????
Five Candles
Five Candles
Goon
Five Candles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:57 am

Post by Five Candles »

In post 524, Battle Mage wrote:I've been trying to avoid saying too much to give away who the other Merlins (or indeed myself) were
Missed this, Dessert Merlin?

I can't see myself ever hammering Blindfolded Merlin after you slipped like that, so uh, you might as well out your fellow Merlins and give scum a 50/50 if you're town. Maybe it'll make an extreme amount of sense but it'd take a miracle to change my mind I think.
Five Candles
Five Candles
Goon
Five Candles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:02 am

Post by Five Candles »

I skimmed through the game again and mostly, all I got were icky feels from you never pushing your supposed Merlin target while shading them in a suspicious way - which just looks like scum distancing.

Hiraki's play has been fine. The only weird thing I see is how he was a wagon for so long when he essentially has 2 Mason partners. But the same could be said if he was scum and has 2 scum partners. So never mind that. Also, TSE placed the 3rd vote on Hiraki when he was a wagon early into day 1.
Five Candles
Five Candles
Goon
Five Candles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:06 am

Post by Five Candles »

Link your last scum game, Dessert Merlin.
Five Candles
Five Candles
Goon
Five Candles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:09 am

Post by Five Candles »

In post 628, Five Candles wrote:Link your last scum game, Dessert Merlin.
Should probably look at this first before the out your fellow Merlin plan.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:40 am

Post by SirCakez »

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=82341
My only recent one
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:40 am

Post by SirCakez »

If you're gonna hammer me just do it don't drag this out
It seems like you're not really changing your mind
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:41 am

Post by SirCakez »

I'll take the blame for this one
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:41 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 626, Five Candles wrote:I can't see myself ever hammering Blindfolded Merlin after you slipped like that, so uh, you might as well out your fellow Merlins and give scum a 50/50 if you're town. Maybe it'll make an extreme amount of sense but it'd take a miracle to change my mind I think.
I don't understand this
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:42 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 627, Five Candles wrote:I skimmed through the game again and mostly, all I got were icky feels from you never pushing your supposed Merlin target while shading them in a suspicious way - which just looks like scum distancing.
This is fucking stupid though
That is just not how to play a Merlin
If you do that then it would be obvious as fuck to scum I've already talked about this
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:45 am

Post by SirCakez »

I haven't been this frustrated with a Mafia game in a while
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:07 am

Post by SirCakez »

Dang what if 5C was scum doing a ploy to get the other Merlin identities
That would be god tier
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:33 am

Post by Hiraki »

5C wouldn't need the other Merlin identities if he was scum.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:40 am

Post by SirCakez »

"Goons are given a set of 5 town including the 3 Merlins and 2 random VTs, but they don't know who's who. Mafia cannot NK any of these players on the first night."
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:40 am

Post by SirCakez »

oh wait yeah I'm dumb lol he could just hammer me and win
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:41 am

Post by SirCakez »

for some reason I got it in my head that scum needed to guess the Merlins AND win parity
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Five Candles
Five Candles
Goon
Five Candles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:22 am

Post by Five Candles »

In post 583, Hiraki wrote:
In post 580, SirCakez wrote:you're CCing as the enomis/BM merlin?
SIR CAKEZ DIDN'T EVEN READ THE MERLIN PMS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
In post 584, SirCakez wrote:
In post 582, Five Candles wrote:SirCakez, why did you keep shading enomis during Day 1 instead of outright pushing him? And were you not afraid of being discovered as the Merlin on that slot due to the frequency that you did it?
I was afraid of being too obvious about it. enomis went basically ignored all of day 1 so if I kept pushing a lurker rather than the wagons who were being discussed I think scum would have noticed. I don't even recall another enomis pusher D1.
That's why I upped my pushing when BM entered, because I had more ammunition to use with my meta case
In post 586, SirCakez wrote:OMG I AM AN IDIOTTTT
In post 587, SirCakez wrote:FUCKKKK ME
In post 588, Hiraki wrote:Cakez, you should just hammer this. The above is an admittance that he didn't understand the setup LOL
In post 589, SirCakez wrote:so I was supposed to know who the other Merlins were this whole game :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
In post 585, Five Candles wrote:
In post 582, Five Candles wrote:Hiraki, what type of Merlin are you?
Wait, maybe don't answer this yet.

Cakez, why did you claim who you were a Merlin on in the first place instead of just claiming Merlin? It makes scum's job a lot easier even if we vote correctly here.
Because I had a lot of evidence supporting me on pushing the enomis/BM slot
I was worried if I just claimed general Merlin it would be less believable
and like I said I think it's obvious which Merlin I was
These posts are actually really close together in timestamps. If scum!Cakez realises his grave CC error, does he really come up with the "I didn't realise I was supposed to know my other Merlins" in like 30 seconds? I'm actually reconsidering.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:33 am

Post by SirCakez »

cuz I literally just went and looked at my rolecard as soon as I read 583
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:47 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 641, Five Candles wrote:If scum!Cakez realises his grave CC error, does he really come up with the "I didn't realise I was supposed to know my other Merlins" in like 30 seconds? I'm actually reconsidering.
After reading the role PM on page 1? Yes?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:47 am

Post by BBmolla »

Votecount 5.2

SirCakez - 1 - Hiraki
Hiraki - 1 - SirCakez

Not Voting (1): Five Candles

With 3 alive it takes 2 to lynch.

Day 5 deadline is in (expired on 2020-07-14 12:00:00)

Mod Notes

:mrgreen:
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
Five Candles
Five Candles
Goon
Five Candles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:57 am

Post by Five Candles »

I think as scum, Dessert Merlin would know about the setup, since surely it would have come up in the scum PT at some point - being such an integral part of looking for Merlins, right? And my point is that Carrot Cake Merlin reacted straight away with the claiming to not realise he was supposed to know his Merlin buddies. If scum messes up there, do they instantly think of that as an excuse? I'm doubtful. Of course, the alternative is that SirCakez knew this but it didn't click in his head when Hiraki CCed him, which is why he slipped up; that's entirely possible too.

But then I think about the rest of the game, and everything else points towards Cakez.
Five Candles
Five Candles
Goon
Five Candles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:59 am

Post by Five Candles »

In post 456, SirCakez wrote:
In post 446, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 430, Galron wrote:
In post 429, SirCakez wrote:Galron's reaction is bad
Jesus. Are you mad because I'm not playing in your pre-defined structure of how you think I should be? Are you mad because I'm voting you? Look around. If you're not scum, quit acting like it.

This game has been a slog. I don't think too many people really know how to approach it yet. TSE made a dumb strategy post that outed him as scum Day 1. Midari made a post Day 1 to the effect of how many understand the rules/setup. That sounded townie to me at the time, and even though she's kind of scum claimed since then, I think that still may be one of the most honest posts of the game. Other than Hiraki's rant. If you look at that, he pretty much nailed the game dynamic at the time. And his ISO is essentially a mind meld with where I'm at. Now we have cakez scum reading four or five people, penguin saying he's okay lynching Midari but not voting there, and Manatee and candles, I don't really know what they're about. Enomis was honest enough to bail, and like I said before, I don't see scum repping out of a lurk party. Battle Mage, bless him, also honestly said he is having difficulty with the mechanic.

If y'all want to lynch Midari, fine, but I think cakez is the better candidate today.
This resonates with me. SirCakez you're right that this is not how I played in Jigsaw, however:

A. My play in Jigsaw single-handedly screwed up the entire game for the town, so it's hardly a meta I'm trying to re-create. :facepalm:
B. I'm not a complete try-hard in every game as town - my drive generally links to my level of engagement, and confidence in my reads.

I wonder if you're genuinely scumreading me based on that meta, or if you're trying to encourage me to play like I did in Jigsaw? The latter is tantamount to fishing in this game.
All
things considered...you're my guy. :wink:

VOTE: SirCakez
Ok this is definitely scum
Not because of OMGUS but because BM has done jack shit to scumhunt and can only offer this as his vote. And his logic makes literally no sense. Trying to fish him what?

I think I'm def wrong on one of Hiraki/Midari slot cuz I have too many strong SRs. Probably Hiraki.
I'm sorry, but this is not how you play Merlin. You shaded and expressed strong scumreads on BM but never pushed him until everyone else was obviously going to lynch him anyway. That's just how you make yourself look like a Merlin on BM.
How I would play Merlin, is to allow myself/find a natural way to scumread my target later on if the town aren't getting it done. Or just don't weirdly shade them the entire game without pushing if you're afraid of being caught out.

What you did is what scum do to distance from each other.
Five Candles
Five Candles
Goon
Five Candles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:07 am

Post by Five Candles »

In post 568, SirCakez wrote:alright I think scum probably already figured this out and it looks like you're both against me so I'm just gonna drop that I was the Merlin on enomis/BM slot
That's why I kept pushing on BM as soon as he replaced in and why I had enomis in my back SRs the whole game.
I don't get the "scum probably already figured this out" bit. If Hiraki was scum, they'd surely be more inclined to think he was your target.

And you're admitting here your Merlin strategy was poor if you think they'd have figured it out?
Five Candles
Five Candles
Goon
Five Candles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:11 am

Post by Five Candles »

I'll hammer Dessert Merlin before I go to sleep tonight. If you're town and think you can convince me otherwise, go for it, Cakez.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:03 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 646, Five Candles wrote:
In post 456, SirCakez wrote:
In post 446, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 430, Galron wrote:
In post 429, SirCakez wrote:Galron's reaction is bad
Jesus. Are you mad because I'm not playing in your pre-defined structure of how you think I should be? Are you mad because I'm voting you? Look around. If you're not scum, quit acting like it.

This game has been a slog. I don't think too many people really know how to approach it yet. TSE made a dumb strategy post that outed him as scum Day 1. Midari made a post Day 1 to the effect of how many understand the rules/setup. That sounded townie to me at the time, and even though she's kind of scum claimed since then, I think that still may be one of the most honest posts of the game. Other than Hiraki's rant. If you look at that, he pretty much nailed the game dynamic at the time. And his ISO is essentially a mind meld with where I'm at. Now we have cakez scum reading four or five people, penguin saying he's okay lynching Midari but not voting there, and Manatee and candles, I don't really know what they're about. Enomis was honest enough to bail, and like I said before, I don't see scum repping out of a lurk party. Battle Mage, bless him, also honestly said he is having difficulty with the mechanic.

If y'all want to lynch Midari, fine, but I think cakez is the better candidate today.
This resonates with me. SirCakez you're right that this is not how I played in Jigsaw, however:

A. My play in Jigsaw single-handedly screwed up the entire game for the town, so it's hardly a meta I'm trying to re-create. :facepalm:
B. I'm not a complete try-hard in every game as town - my drive generally links to my level of engagement, and confidence in my reads.

I wonder if you're genuinely scumreading me based on that meta, or if you're trying to encourage me to play like I did in Jigsaw? The latter is tantamount to fishing in this game.
All
things considered...you're my guy. :wink:

VOTE: SirCakez
Ok this is definitely scum
Not because of OMGUS but because BM has done jack shit to scumhunt and can only offer this as his vote. And his logic makes literally no sense. Trying to fish him what?

I think I'm def wrong on one of Hiraki/Midari slot cuz I have too many strong SRs. Probably Hiraki.
I'm sorry, but this is not how you play Merlin. You shaded and expressed strong scumreads on BM but never pushed him until everyone else was obviously going to lynch him anyway. That's just how you make yourself look like a Merlin on BM.
How I would play Merlin, is to allow myself/find a natural way to scumread my target later on if the town aren't getting it done. Or just don't weirdly shade them the entire game without pushing if you're afraid of being caught out.

What you did is what scum do to distance from each other.
That's what I fucking did with my meta argument!!!!!
It's like you're not even reading my posts.
And it's stupid that you're calling me scum because you disagree on what the "correct" way to play a role is.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Completed Open Games”