Newbie 2014: Aesthetic | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Newbie 2014: Aesthetic | Game Over

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by keyenpeydee »

Newbie 2014 | Aesthetic

aesthetic finds on pinterest and tumblr

Players
  1. Ydrasse
    replaces Anthony87

2. Nash
    replaces VexoOssa

3. Lunatic
    replaces mutesa1

4. Town looter
  5. ArthurConyl
  6. Mikul
  7. Porkens (SE)
  8. LicketyQuickety
    replaces brassherald
    (SE)
  9. Micc
    replaces votato
    (SE)
— denotes the number of prods.

Alive

Spoiler:
  1. Town looter,
    Vanilla Townie
    , did not survive!
  2. LicketyQuickety,
    Mafia Roleblocker
    , survived and won the game!

Dead

Spoiler:
  1. ArthurConyl,
    Vanilla Townie
    , was eliminated Day One!
  2. Porkens,
    Vanilla Townie
    , was killed Night One!
  3. Ydrasse,
    Vanilla Townie
    , was eliminated Day Two!
  4. Lunatic,
    Town Tracker
    , was killed Night Two!
  5. Nash,
    Mafia Goon
    , was eliminated Day Three and won the game!
  6. Mikul,
    Town Jailkeeper
    , was killed Night Three!
  7. Micc,
    Vanilla Townie
    , was eliminated Day Four!

Events

Last edited by keyenpeydee on Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:40 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

Get to know a Keyenpeydee!

"Cause a queen is what I embody."
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by keyenpeydee »

The Rules

I.
General
  • All site-wide rules apply.
  • Talking about the game outside of this thread is strictly forbidden.
  • Never quote or screenshot a private-moderator conversation. Paraphrasing is okay.
  • Please do not be an asshole. Respect everyone. This is a mafia game and things can get heated, so do not take everything personally.
  • Please do not hesitate to PM me or tag me in the thread if you have concerns. I prefer if you PM me.
  • I reserve the right to ignore questions or concerns that may influence the game.
  • If you want to replace out, please PM me. Do not state it in the thread.
  • I do not have a strict rule regarding the usage of "lynch" but it is advisable to use another word for it such as elimination/eliminate.
II.
Night Actions, Voting, Elimination, and Death
  • Night actions should always be in
    bold
    . I will default to doing nothing if no night action was submitted.
  • Mafia have day and night talk. Their factional kill should always be made in their group chat.
  • A member of mafia who have their own power role may submit their night action in PM or in their private chat.
  • Votes must be in vote tag (VOTE: Keyen) or bold tag (
    Vote: Keyen
    ). I prefer if players use vote tags.
  • Votes that are unclear, hidden, or anything weird is not counted. Anyone may UNVOTE: or VOTE: No Elimination if they want to.
  • An elimination happens when 50% + 1 voters agree (Majority Elimination). Votes and unvotes after the hammer has been placed are not counted.
  • Please do not post anything once you are dead.
III.
Activity and Deadlines
  • I will prod players through PM if they haven't posted for 36 hours. If they haven't responded for 24 hours, I will replace them.
  • I will force-replace a player once they hit the third prod consecutively.
  • Please inform me and the other players in the thread if you are going to be on V/LA. Consider replacing out if you are on V/LA for large amounts of days.
  • If you are on V/LA, you have 3 days without hearing anything from you. Otherwise, I'll prod you on the 4th day and replace you at the 5th day you are inactive.
  • Day 1 will last 10 days. The following day phases will last for 7 days. Night phases will last for 48 hours.
IV.
Miscellaneous
  • This shade of
    pink
    is my color. Please do not use it. You may use other shades of pink.
  • Do not use hard-to-read texts or anything super weird.
  • You may request for a Notes PT to organize your thoughts. This will be made public at the end of the game.
  • I will, of course, force-replace a player who breaks any of my rules.
  • My rules can be changed and modified. I'll make sure to notify everyone if something changes.
  • Lastly, enjoy the game!
Last edited by keyenpeydee on Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:33 pm

Post by keyenpeydee »

Setup Information

NewD3 (as designed by RadiantCowbells):

ABC
Mafia
Mafia Roleblocker
Mafia Rolecop
Mafia Goon
Row 1
Town Cop and Town Doctor
Town Tracker and Town Friendly Neighbor
Town Cop and Vanilla Townie
Row 2
Town Jailkeeper and Town Tracker
Town Jailkeeper and Town Friendly Neighbor
Town Jailkeeper and Vanilla Townie
Row 3
Town Mason and Town Mason
Town Tracker and Town Doctor
Town Mason and Town Mason

Each Newbie Game will be given a setup that incorporates one mafia role from the top of a column, and then two town roles from a row below the selected mafia role.
The remaining six roles will be filled in by
one mafia goon
and
five vanilla townies
appropriately, to create a
2-mafia
and
7-town
setup.

All Newbie games use the Natural Action Resolution system for determining Night action effects.
Mafia Roleblocker
action takes precedence over a
Town Jailkeeper
action should that apply.

Mafia are able to communicate in their Private Topic at all times.

Spoiler: List of Setups
Column A & Row 1:
Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Cop, Town Doctor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column A & Row 2:
Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Jailkeeper, Town Tracker, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column A & Row 3:
Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Mason x2, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B & Row 1:
Mafia Rolecop, Mafia Goon, Town Tracker, Town Friendly Neighbor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B & Row 2:
Mafia Rolecop, Mafia Goon, Town Jailkeeper, Town Friendly Neighbor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B & Row 3:
Mafia Rolecop, Mafia Goon, Town Tracker, Town Doctor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column C & Row 1:
Mafia Goon x 2, Town Cop, Vanilla Townie x 6
Column C & Row 2:
Mafia Goon x 2, Town Jailkeeper, Vanilla Townie x 6
Column C & Row 3:
Mafia Goon x 2, Town Mason x2, Vanilla Townie x 5

Spoiler: Sample Role PM's
Vanilla TownieWelcome!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is here.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment.

Town JailkeeperWelcome!

You are a
Town Jailkeeper

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills and be prevented from using their own action, if they have one, during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here.

Town CopWelcome!

You are a
Town Cop

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed if they are
Town
or
Mafia
. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

The game thread is here.

Town MasonWelcome!

You are a
Town Mason

You know that PLAYER NAME is Town-aligned. You also share a Private Thread (PT), located here, where you may talk at any time.

You have no active abilities.

The game thread is here.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment or by posting in your PT.

Town TrackerWelcome!

You are a
Town Tracker

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed what player or players they targeted with their action, if any. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

The game thread is here.

Town DoctorWelcome!

You are a
Town Doctor

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here.

Town Friendly NeighborWelcome!

You are a
Town Friendly Neighbor

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be sent a message informing them that you are Town-aligned.

The game thread is here.

Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Goon

Your partner is PLAYERNAME who is a
Mafia Goon/Roleblocker/Rolecop
. Together you share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional Private Thread (PT), located here, where you may talk at any time.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Mafia RolecopWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Rolecop

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed of their role but not their alignment.
Vanilla Townies
and
Mafia Goons
will both return "Vanilla". If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

Mafia Goon
. Together you share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional Private Thread (PT), located here, where you may talk at any time.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Mafia RoleblockerWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Roleblocker

You may target one player per night. This player will be prevented from performing their own action, if any.

Mafia Goon

The game thread is here.

Show
Games that I modded:

keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:33 pm

Post by keyenpeydee »

Introduction and Tips

Here are some helpful links (a lot of them from our helpful wiki):

-> Forum Rules and Guidelines
-> The Glossary
-> Commonly Used Abbreviations
-> The Newbie Guide
-> Articles on How to Play Well (be sure to check the dates these were written/updated, as good advice changes over time)

Key Concepts and Tips

Activity

Try to check in at least once a day.
Besides the activity requirements listed in Plotinus' original post, it's just necessary for a fun and healthy game that everyone
plays
. If you post very rarely, or only post a little bit at a time, you may get scumread for lurking. Even if you are not scumread for it, what's the fun in playing a game where multiple people are hardly participating?

Site Meta

Meta is the description of how people on Mafiascum like to play mafia. Things can be different on other online mafia sites, or if you play IRL, so it's good to know what's expected of you on this site. These aren't "rules", per se, but if you don't follow these guidelines it is likely things will go poorly for you on MS. Some examples are...

Random Voting Stage (RVS)

Games on MafiaScum almost always begin with what we call the Random Voting Stage (RVS). At this point in the game, we are in a low information game state (except the mafia, which know everyone’s alignment). As a way to provoke reaction, start a discussion, and try to determine alignment, people will usually vote for non-serious reasons. As the discussion progresses, we will eventually get the game moving and progress out of RVS.

Voting, L-x, and Hammers

L-x is a way to convey how far away a player is away from a lynch. For example, you should always announce that you are putting someone at L-1 (1 vote away from a lynch) so that someone doesn’t come along and accidentally vote for that players lynch. This also prevents Mafia-aligned players from coming along and placing the final vote to lynch (“hammer”) and claiming ignorance about doing so. You may also see L-2 and L-3 (2 votes away from a lynch and 3 votes away from a lynch, respectively).

Before you hammer a player, state your intent to hammer (usually done in bold) and ask the player to claim their role. This is done to prevent power roles from being lynched, and can sometimes get Mafia-aligned players to be caught (via counter claiming). It's best to then allow other players to react and discuss the claim before hammering.

Claiming Your Role

It is almost always best to not claim your role unless you are at L-1 and have been asked to claim as part of an “intent to hammer.” This is because, as a town power role (“PR”), if you out prematurely, you are likely to be night-killed (“NK’d”). As a Vanilla Townie (“VT”), claiming early helps the mafia team narrow down the setup and possible PR candidates. An exception to this would be if a mafia player claimed your role, claiming early to counter the false claim (“CC”) would out the mafia player, and would be a benefit to the town.

Do not fake claim a power role as town!
While it may help you avoid getting lynched, you might cause a real PR to out themselves by counter claiming - then the mafia will know who the PR is, and you will probably get lynched for lying to town. Feel free to fake a claim as scum, though, if you think it would help.

LyLo

LyLo is the shortened representation of “lynch or lose.” LyLo in the Newbie Queue is when there are 3 remaining players, 2 of which are town and 1 is mafia; or when there are 5 remaining players, 3 of which are town and 2 are mafia. It is important in these situations that the town aligned players do not carelessly vote like is done during RVS or early days, as the mafia player(s) can organize and instantly provide the necessary votes to lynch (“quickhammer”) and win the game.

Conclusion

Mafia is hard!
As town, it can be hard to figure things out, and stressful when people think you're scum.
That's okay!
Just share your thoughts on who you think is scum as they come to you, and don't be afraid to change your mind. As scum, it can be hard to lie convincingly, and stressful when people think you're scum. Don't let that scare you! Try to think of what you would post if you were town, and don't be afraid to "change your mind".

This is a game.
Have fun!
Show
Games that I modded:

keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by keyenpeydee »

Role PMs have been sent. We'll start once 7 players had confirmed. Right now, there are [8/9] confirmed.

Everyone has (expired on 2020-06-22 12:00:00) to confirm their spot or I will replace them.
Show
Games that I modded:

keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:02 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

With 8 players who had confirmed, it is now Day One!

Vote count 1.00

[9] Not Voting
- Anthony87, VexoOssa, mutesa1, Town looter, ArthurConyl, Mikul, Porkens, brassherald, votato

MOD NOTES
: Anthony87 is the only player who hadn't confirmed their spot. They have until the countdown in post ends to confirm their spot or be replaced.
With
alive, it takes
to lynch. Day One will end in
(expired on 2020-06-30 20:00:00)
#BlackLivesMatter
Show
Games that I modded:

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:40 am

Post by brassherald »

Guess mafsepia is out.

VOTE: votato
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Mikul
Mikul
Goon
Mikul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:29 am

Post by Mikul »

VOTE: town looter

For losing last game
" I don’t believe in the gods’ existence. Man is the master of his own fate, not the gods. The gods are man’s creation to give answers that they are too afraid to give themselves."

- Ragnar Lothbrok
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:36 am

Post by votato »

to the newbies: welcome! I don't recognize any of you, so I'm assuming we have some first timers. A few tips: this is mafia, people are going to accuse you of being a liar and a cheat. It's gonna feel bad. The sooner you can get used to it the better for you. People are also going to attack you for what you say. As a member of the town, you should be sharing your thoughts anyway, and with time you will learn how to share your thoughts without getting attacked.
You should take some time to carefully read the above posts and familiarize yourself with some of the jargon and guides, especially if you have no mafia experience or no experience with forum mafia. The SEs are here to offer help, but do not take our word as law. I think even if we are scum none of us would tell lies that would confuse you or make you bad players, but there is a decent chance that at least one of us is scum and will lie to you about some things. That said, you shouldn't hesitate to ask questions of each other and if the SEs. The two other SEs are a lot more experienced than i.

To everyone, but especially the SEs: please view this post as nai. Again to the newbies: don't assume that just because I'm trying to be helpful that im a townie. Is make this post a scum too.

VOTE: brass omgus
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
Anthony87
Anthony87
Townie
Anthony87
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:04 am

Post by Anthony87 »

Very exited to be playing mafia with you all!

This is my first game of forum mafia (I'm still learning the jargon/abbreviations), but I've played a bit here and there IRL.

VOTE: VOTE: town looter
Anthony87
Anthony87
Townie
Anthony87
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:05 am

Post by Anthony87 »

Admittedly, I should have used the preview function. Oh well, now I know!
Mikul
Mikul
Goon
Mikul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:09 am

Post by Mikul »

In post 8, votato wrote:to the newbies: welcome! I don't recognize any of you, so I'm assuming we have some first timers. A few tips: this is mafia, people are going to accuse you of being a liar and a cheat. It's gonna feel bad. The sooner you can get used to it the better for you. People are also going to attack you for what you say. As a member of the town, you should be sharing your thoughts anyway, and with time you will learn how to share your thoughts without getting attacked.
You should take some time to carefully read the above posts and familiarize yourself with some of the jargon and guides, especially if you have no mafia experience or no experience with forum mafia. The SEs are here to offer help, but do not take our word as law. I think even if we are scum none of us would tell lies that would confuse you or make you bad players, but there is a decent chance that at least one of us is scum and will lie to you about some things. That said, you shouldn't hesitate to ask questions of each other and if the SEs. The two other SEs are a lot more experienced than i.

To everyone, but especially the SEs: please view this post as nai. Again to the newbies: don't assume that just because I'm trying to be helpful that im a townie. Is make this post a scum too.

If you are being helpful, you are typically town confirmed.

So questions I have

1) why does your profile picture look like it's taking a poo
2) what does mafia stand for
3) who are your voting for this year?
" I don’t believe in the gods’ existence. Man is the master of his own fate, not the gods. The gods are man’s creation to give answers that they are too afraid to give themselves."

- Ragnar Lothbrok
Mikul
Mikul
Goon
Mikul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:12 am

Post by Mikul »

What is omegalulus?

- Ragnar Lothbrok
Mikul
Mikul
Goon
Mikul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:15 am

Post by Mikul »

UNVOTE: Townlooter

VOTE: Votato (horse poo)

I don't like the tone of your tone sir. Your voice sounds off

- Ragnar Lothbrok
Anthony87
Anthony87
Townie
Anthony87
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:25 am

Post by Anthony87 »

Mikul wrote:

What is omegalulus?
Omgus means "Oh my god you suck" which translates to "I'm voting for you, because you voted for me."
Mikul
Mikul
Goon
Mikul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:26 am

Post by Mikul »

In post 14, Anthony87 wrote:
Mikul wrote:

What is omegalulus?
Omgus means "Oh my god you suck" which translates to "I'm voting for you, because you voted for me."

So it's not Omegalul

- Ragnar Lothbrok
Mikul
Mikul
Goon
Mikul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:29 am

Post by Mikul »

Either way votato is a part of the bad guys, we should murder him promptly

- Ragnar Lothbrok
Mikul
Mikul
Goon
Mikul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:38 am

Post by Mikul »

Also I disagree with the term "lynching" , it's not PC in 2020. I will refer to lynching as removing forcefully off the island against their will

Or ROI (remove off island )

Only you can be the change you want.

- Ragnar Lothbrok
Mikul
Mikul
Goon
Mikul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:42 am

Post by Mikul »

That being said we need to Lynch horse poo

- Ragnar Lothbrok
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:25 am

Post by Town looter »

In post 7, Mikul wrote:VOTE: town looter

For losing last game
A good vote to be sure.

VOTE: Mikul

Once scum, always scum
Mikul
Mikul
Goon
Mikul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:41 am

Post by Mikul »

In post 19, Town looter wrote:
In post 7, Mikul wrote:VOTE: town looter

For losing last game
A good vote to be sure.

VOTE: Mikul

Once scum, always scum
Don't make me omegelus you

- Ragnar Lothbrok
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:11 am

Post by Town looter »

Do it. JFDI!
Mikul
Mikul
Goon
Mikul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:17 am

Post by Mikul »

In post 21, Town looter wrote:Do it. JFDI!

Are you going to post more than 7 times this game ?

- Ragnar Lothbrok
Mikul
Mikul
Goon
Mikul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:44 am

Post by Mikul »

As a little bit of a tldr about me for people who have never played with me. I'm Mike, Mikal, or Mikul. Any of the three is fine. I have been passively playing mafia for around 59 years , and I started when I was 18. I am a pagan and I worship Odin. It's my lifelong dream to go to Valhalla. I'm 6'6 , 250 pounds of raw untethered muscle. I enjoy long walks in dark alleys and I actively try to avoid ritualistic sacrifice but sometimes my cravings get the best of me. I prefer women that are shorter than me but that are willing to die with me in battle.

If interested please fill out the below form

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1yFsbXl ... hgAL0/edit

- Ragnar Lothbrok
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:48 am

Post by Town looter »

In post 22, Mikul wrote:
In post 21, Town looter wrote:Do it. JFDI!

Are you going to post more than 7 times this game ?
Nah, lurking worked so well last time, so I am going to give it another try. That reminds me, I should probably go afk for the next 2 days.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”