Mini Theme 2164: Betrayal Mafia I (Game over!)

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5075 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:34 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 5074, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 5061, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 5027, SirCakez wrote:I still feel ABR did a tactical replace out here
In post 5031, skitter30 wrote:
In post 5027, SirCakez wrote:I still feel ABR did a tactical replace out here
I reported him :shrug:
Idk if anything came of it tho
I was sick of playing for a week and was planning on basically prod dodging for the rest of the game so I decided instead to replace out for my own mental health.

It was not a pleasant mafia pt as you will read.
Understandable. I was considering reporting recently but wanted to know more before doing so
What rule?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #5076 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:35 am

Post by DkKoba »

ppl thought u did more than just ragequit a game and were actively trying to manipulate the game state with the replace out... when u were conf guilty
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5077 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:40 am

I think from liliths perspective of seeing my evolution in scum pt:

1) i wasnt having fun since day 1. Was the only active player until iksf replaced in.
2) i was going to replace out when dkkoba replaced in because of personality clash
3) when he didnt die i was committed to leaving anyways no matter what advantage or disadvantage there was. Not that im aware of any rule that stops you from pm'ing the mod to quietly replace out when you have a personality clash with someone.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5078 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:42 am

When you didn't die*
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5079 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:44 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 3127, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3122, lilith2013 wrote:
Now searching for a replacement for PenguinPower.
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

Sorry, dude. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, it's just Dk, Noraa, and then you seemed devoted to acting very petty
Me replacing out of this game had nothing to do with you, Gamma. No need to apologize - you didn't hurt my feelings.

Just wanted to make that clear.
<(") | (")>
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5080 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:46 am

Post by DkKoba »

i told u pls use they them for me albert im not going to ask u again
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5081 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:47 am

Stop talking to me. I don't want to interact with you at all. Ever again in any dimension.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5082 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:50 am

Post by DkKoba »

weird how ur personality clash seems to be exacerbated in relation to my identity as a nonbinary person :shifty:
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5083 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:50 am

Post by DkKoba »

anyways
retired
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5084 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:58 am

I think you played well FWIW. Let's end our brief acquaintance on a positive note.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5085 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:58 am

Post by DkKoba »

i honestly was really hurt when ppl just shit on me for trying to mech solve and the response to me trying to think up a plan was that i was "scum" or that i was "stupid" for missing one piece of info instead of helping me solve. really reduced my enjoyment of the game and led to me just being complacent the last day and not really caring. if you're going to join a mech game and just going to shit on people trying to solve the game mechanically.

felt like a few times it nearly crossed the line where i was just being borderline gaslit and being told i dont know anything abt the mechs for making a single mistake.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5086 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:59 am

Post by DkKoba »

and yeah im talking partially to you PP. i was actually very happy when you replaced out because i was very upset at seeing part 2 of how you treated me in guns n shrapnel
retired
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5087 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:05 pm

Spoiler:
A Reminder of Replacement Rules:

Due to a recent uptick in reports regarding public discussion of replacements coupled with an influx of returning members, we would like to provide a brief reminder about the rule change as of April 2019 that we have made regarding replacements.

3. Replacements, while sometimes necessary, also serve as an outside influence. As such, do not tell other players to replace out. Do not publicly threaten to replace out of a game. If you do need to replace out, do not publicly discuss your reasons or anything else, as you are no longer a player in the game. PM your game moderator if you are considering replacing out or have concerns and believe another player should be replaced out.

4. Once a replace-out request has been made public by the moderator, the player replacing out is to stop posting in the game. The player is not allowed to replace back into the game or rescind their request. If a moderator wants to allow any deviation from these rules, it must be stated explicitly in their rule set.

We have been lenient with reminders/notifications instead of official warnings over the previous year as the site adjusted to these changes. This PSA serves as a public notification that we will not be lenient moving forward. To simplify things:

1. All replacement requests (replacing in or replacing out) must be done via PM with your moderator. Once the moderator has acknowledged (publicly or privately) that your replace out request has been received, you may not rescind the request. There are no exceptions to this rule.
2. Telling other players to replace out is strictly prohibited.
3. Publicly threatening to replace out of a game is strictly prohibited.
4. After you have sent the replacement request to the mod, or the mod notifies you that you are being replaced, you may not post in the game thread.

This is not an attempt to prohibit replacing out of games. The purpose of this rule is to eliminate metagaming, whether it is by making threats of replacing out to create the impression of emotional distress or by telling someone to leave the game to do the same. As we have stated in other public announcements, mafia functions on a social contract. Faking out-of-game emotional reactions to manipulate other players is similar to faking out-of-game personal crises for the purpose of manipulation. We expect our players to treat each other with basic decency. Everyone is here to play a game. Social manipulation will take place within the context of the game. There is enough ugliness in the world already, let's not create more in this space for the purpose of a minor edge within a game at the expense of other's emotional well-being.

If a game moderator wishes to deviate from these rules, it must be explicitly stated in their rule set. Implications of a rule change do not count.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: What if the game moderator force-replaces me but I want to replace back into the slot?
A: You must PM the moderator.

Q: What if it's in their rule set that I am allowed to replace back in if a replacement hasn't been found yet?
A: Unless their rule set explicitly states that you may post in the thread after you have been notified that you are being force-replaced, you may not post in the thread.

Q: What if someone is causing me real emotional distress?
A: If someone is creating a hostile environment in game, outside of the normal bounds of mafia, report their posts.

@cakez and fun and games

I didn't break any rules as far as I know. /shrug
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5088 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:09 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 5029, lilith2013 wrote:Some comments on the game:

This was the first game I've ever designed. Like the game it's based on, I think it's very swingy, but the intent was to create a mafia game that was fun/new/cool, and I hope that I achieved that. I apologize if the game didn't feel balanced or felt unfair in design, that was not my intent. Unfortunately I think with a setup like this, with so many variables, true balance may not really be achievable.

I'm definitely open to
constructive
criticism - I'd like to run more of these at some point in the future, and I am woefully inexperienced at setup balance. Some of the things that happened in this game I also didn't foresee, like people being confirmable on whether or not they had destroyed a lab, and that (among other things I didn't foresee) probably led to the game being more townsided than I had intended. Feedback is much appreciated.

add another scum and/or perhaps some sort of antiswing for dead scum such as a venge
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5089 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:10 pm

Post by DkKoba »

also perhaps have "hidden" labs
retired
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5090 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:10 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

I’m gonna mostly hold my tongue here, but you replaced into this game knowing I was in it and that I don’t think you’re a mechsolving wizard. Not sure what you expected from me when you tried to posit a mechsolve.
<(") | (")>
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5091 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:12 pm

Theres only one reason I replaced out and it had everything to do with one player. I'm happy to stay and troll the rest of you until I flip lol
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5092 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:22 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 5090, PenguinPower wrote:I’m gonna mostly hold my tongue here, but you replaced into this game knowing I was in it and that I don’t think you’re a mechsolving wizard. Not sure what you expected from me when you tried to posit a mechsolve.
i actually dont check playerlists before replacing into games. Just because I'm not a "mechsolving wizard" doesnt mean i cant make valid points. Not sure what you were looking for from a mechsolve but it sounds more like you just didnt want one at all and/or just don't like me on a personal level and are just using this as an excuse to be an asshole to me. You never offered any solutions only complained so it was also on top of everything just straight up annoying.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5093 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 5091, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Theres only one reason I replaced out and it had everything to do with one player. I'm happy to stay and troll the rest of you until I flip lol
I'm not sure what I did prior to this game because all I did this game was correctly scumread you.
retired
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5094 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by SirCakez »

*shrug*
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5095 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Koba your play was good but I have to agree your playstyle is kinda off putting
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5096 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 5065, Albert B. Rampage wrote:When town mislynches 3 times in a row and you have 0% chance to win because of mechanics its upsetting.
Ofc it's upsetting but you have to suck it up
Nobody likes being steamrolled
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5097 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Lavar should have just given up the sword rather then let himself become confscum
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #5098 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 5075, Albert B. Rampage wrote:What rule?
Tactical replace-outs (under the umbrella of playing to win)
I wanted to give you a chance to mention the logic behind it first. I believe in due process.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5099 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:50 pm

In post 5098, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 5075, Albert B. Rampage wrote:What rule?
Tactical replace-outs (under the umbrella of playing to win)
I wanted to give you a chance to mention the logic behind it first. I believe in due process.
Link?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”