PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:19 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 1091, Noraa wrote:
In post 1079, Exorcists wrote:Wait, no it doesn't. I think these are good reasons to suspect Taylor so I'm confused as to why Noraa doesn't want to join the wagon. And unless I'm mistaken, the Plus tunnel was based on meta too -- quite suspicious.
not exactly the same thing. Taylor is scummy due to meta but plus is not only scummy bc of meta. he also fails to provide reasons for his SRs and TRs. That has nothing to do with meta.
this is a blatant misrep
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:21 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

VOTE: egotisi
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:22 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 1097, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1013, Exorcists wrote:[egotisi, Taylor] is where I'd like to go today. Getting slight cold feet about Noraa, I guess.
In post 1005, Battle Mage wrote:The Alice-head is my favourite from the Exorcists
I like you too, Battle Mage.

—Alice
I will vote egotisi

Murdercat, not sure what you need from me. If you're not already thinking about voting me, you can decide on another elim without my input

VOTE: Egotisi

I glanced over the rest of the thread, Bm is still tunneling Taylor, tone can be either alignment, the rest of the posts in thread don't really matter. I agree that Murdercat looks like town
why ego?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:39 am

Post by brassherald »

Votecount 1.05
Noraa (3):
, ,
Tayl0r Swift (3):
, ,
egotisi (2):
PlusJOYED (1):

Infinity 324 (1):

Jewel Barons (1):

Not Voting (2):
xofelf,

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to eliminate.
Day 1 will end in (expired on 2020-10-23 13:00:00)
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:12 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

i also totally missed bm saying they had an idea of what Noraa's role is, thanks for bringing that up @murder
I don't wanna go murder day 1 at least either cause they are high efforting probably the most and trying to drive the game forward, though some of the moves they've made feel very questionable

anyway, bm saying that confused me, because I thought I had a good idea of what bm's role was, but if I had to guess it'd seem like what he thinks Noraa's role is is what I think his role is, which would make me wrong. so I might need to revaluate bm.

But shit, this is all very sensitive stuff and I don't want to out a pr by mistake, so I don't wanna discuss it too much. just know i think i need to re evaluate bm.
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:14 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

i don't wanna go taylor but isis and exorcist going there (2/3 my 3 big town reads) is giving me second thoughts
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:25 am

Post by Noraa »

Yeah I just realized. No one should guess what I am or what anyone is for that matter. In case you find a pr, its bad for town.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:26 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

I'm willing to roll with something like a {me, plus, isis, infinity, gamma} town block right now I think
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:27 am

Post by Noraa »

I can basically bet my life that that town block has at least one scum. Honestly, even if my read on plus wrong, I still don't think a town block that big made on d1 is not gonna have scum.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:30 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Even a random group of 4/12 players isn't that unlikely to be all town with 3 scum in the game
GTKAMURDERCAT

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:44 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1107, MURDERCAT wrote:I'm willing to roll with something like a {me, plus, isis, infinity, gamma} town block right now I think
Wow, explain your plus, isis, and gamma reads?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:53 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

I will when I'm at a computer, but I liked their reactions to me vs BM. For Isis I think she is genuinely solving despite my constant paranoia that she would probably beat me as scum.
GTKAMURDERCAT

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:06 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Egotisi: null leaning scum

In these early quote walls, there are a lot of questions which aren't always followed up on. If they are, they don't lead to a real read. They also often point out things that other people already brought up (e.g. the PR spec thing and murder's unvote potentially being scummy). The scumread on jewel, besides being very hedgy, feels like a way to say "look I have my own opinions" while voting someone who isn't the most active and won't be defended by many people.

Spoiler: egotisi quote walls
In post 146, egotisi wrote:my two cents on ~setup specc~, anything going further than the obvious "scum picked [role] so town probably has [the role that is a counterplay to]" is risking slips which are imo more likely to happen to PRs than to scum so let's not
In post 55, Battle Mage wrote:Taylor-town does not give impression of trying. Taylor appears to be trying here. Ergo, Taylor scum.
which taylor posts up until here gave you an impression that she's "trying"? or like, what do you mean by trying here?
In post 116, PlusJOYED wrote:This is odd but I actually have 0 clue on who scum could be, and I think taylor vs BM was NAI. I have some weak townreads though.
i found this a bit surprising, at this point i was feeling like i had like one and a half weak townread (exorcists and maaaybe murdercat) with a whole buncha people either being null or south of null (RanCan for stuff, BM with the questionable push, and xof/norwee feeling active-lurky)

can you share your townreads?
In post 128, Exorcists wrote:also i got the same feeling on the tone from xofelf!

VOTE: Random Canadian
?

-tisi
In post 183, egotisi wrote:+1 to please don't call random canadian rc
In post 156, Noraa wrote:I saw there were many hydras and that sounds funsies :D
so I came
you're probably the first person i heard say that (other) hydras sound fun
also hi noraa!!
In post 168, Tayl0r Swift wrote:well im used to RC having decent takes and effort.
also i like the people on the RC wagon.
where does this come from?
In post 180, PlusJOYED wrote:hmm this RC wagon is koving kinda fast
i think there could be scum on it
ok, is there any more to this? where / who do you think is the likely scum on the wagon and why?

-tisi
In post 315, egotisi wrote:oh no, everyone is spamming, i'll fall behind in postcount with my wallposts D:
maybe i'll stop later i'll see
In post 185, Battle Mage wrote:i can already tell this game is going to be hard work.
that's cool, do you mind answering/elaborating on top of ?
In post 202, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 198, Isis wrote:
In post 193, Noraa wrote:you say u dont want to spectate then continue to spectate
Are you calling him scummy?
Isis are you town? I feel like your tone is a bit different this game but I really need you to sort Noraa for me
is there history between you/isis/noraa? and talk about your tonal read on isis?
In post 208, Exorcists wrote:With regard to and , why are we being townread?
—Alice
tone + interest in solving the game that didn't feel fake/forced

i like isis for town atm, is what i was thinking at the time

@cobra kai, do you mind getting an avatar? i'm gonna keep mixing up you and BM otherwise, and i don't think i can talk him into getting one

@plus i was going somewhere with bottom of , can you pls answer
In post 234, Tayl0r Swift wrote:why would ignoring a shitpost be AI? its lame but its not AI.
i like getting townread and worry about the dumbest shit

my mind is an enigma

bottom of pg 10, gonna grab breakfast, be back in a bit

-tisi
In post 316, egotisi wrote:
In post 253, Battle Mage wrote:i think we've already learnt quite a lot. an unusually high number of people defending taylor without grounds.
who is actually defending taylor here? like is "not instavoting taylor the second BM asks for it" = "defending taylor"?

murdercat climbing up my reads with /

hmm
isis, why are / towny to you? like they read like null-to-maaaaybe-nullscum posts to me
In post 312, Jewel Barons wrote:
In post 146, egotisi wrote:i found this a bit surprising, at this point i was feeling like i had like one and a half weak townread (exorcists and maaaybe murdercat) with a whole buncha people either being null or south of null (RanCan for stuff, BM with the questionable push, and xof/norwee feeling active-lurky)
Can you explain what you mean by active-lurky?
active lurking is like, posting meaningless post to appear to be contributing
both your and xof's posts neatly fit into that
like up to that point you were what, making an excuse why you won't post much because logging in is difficult, voting the mod, and joking about clint eastwood

is that all you wanna say after 7 pages? do you have any reads?

-tisi
In post 363, egotisi wrote:
In post 328, MURDERCAT wrote:VOTE: xofelf

The fact that so many people are throwing shade here when I am totally null on them makes me suspicious. Sorry tayl0r, come vote here now let's see what happens.
This is feels like a non-reason(?) for a vote. You find them suspicious because other people find them suspicious? Do you have any other reasons for finding them scummy?

Also:
In post 178, MURDERCAT wrote:VOTE: RandomCanadian

I am going to very blatantly hop on this wagon because [reasons to be revealed later]
In post 325, MURDERCAT wrote:UNVOTE: by the way, served it's purpose
In post 326, MURDERCAT wrote: The idea was that there is likely scum on the wagon, just because it's easier to get 5 votes from 13 players than 10. If you remember from Noir, you had an early wagon on you that involved a vote from PP. I think that scum often takes the opportunity to distance with an early wagon, so I had a theory that Random Canadian might be scum getting hit by that distance vote (also I saw that Random Canadian had logged on but not posted in this thread, which seemed a little off to me considering how early into the game we were). Either way I was curious how votes would react as the wagon accelerated. It's probably not super useful right now but I think it will be nice to look back on after we get some flips. I did hate Isis's vote to leave the wagon but she did the exact same thing in Noir (and I hated it there too :lol:). I'm not sure what to make of your unvote and revote.
Murdercat's progression on this feels off. You give no explanation for it, the wagon deflates after you voted, then you unvote and say it's for a test and it valuable after flips.

Why did you unvote rather than change to a different wagon? I know this may sound menial, but usually unvoting is a reaction to a post or something someone said.

-ego
In post 631, egotisi wrote:[edit from the future] alright, so i sat down to read this game. it took me an hour to go through 4 pages. it's past 1am and my brain is not working. mr bailey promised to get to this game after work, i'll get to it when i'm not deceased first thing in the morning. ok cool. thanks. [/edit]
In post 318, Jewel Barons wrote:Immediately paranoid of Noraa.

- Norwee
norwee do you have reads

re : the reason i asked is because the "there could be scum on this wagon i guess lol bc wagon fast" in very early stages of the game with nothing else pointing at is like. weaksauce and p easy to post as scum, especially if you don't say who and like, do nothing about your "read" there

though at this point i'm thinking i was mentally overreacting about my read about that situation
In post 410, Exorcists wrote:@egotisi, it’s been a while since you voted, and after expressing suspicion on Murdercat, you didn’t vote him. Is he your strongest scumread? Where are you at the moment?
george wanted to talk to me first, but then we never ended up talking about it
i'm in a vc with him atm, he says the unvote seemed lamist, but the response was fine

right now i'm at trying to read the thread but my eyes are glazing over as it's already past midnight

[consider this a
prodge
preview of an actual post? idk. i was awake until 5:30am yesterday. i'm feeling dead.]

-tisi
In post 657, egotisi wrote:anyway. lemme skim some iso's.

i originally voted for canadian because posts like and were giving me a distinct gut-scummy vibe of "i am posting things to appear active and/or helpful while not actually doing anything" (which was a mistake i made in a scumgame semi-recently which stuck to me) and i wanted to see if that would continue. it did not. i've already said why i disliked . the read on isis is, in a vacuum, *fine*. the rest of it is like, meh. i wanna see what he brings out once he returns.

xof i still think could be the easy and correct answer for scum, but my other head is telling me they're low-hanging-fruit. i think i'm interested in their read on gamma though, seems like there's meta there.

i've already spoken a bit about jewels in / and like... norwee is giving me the same vibes he did when i was playing scum against him. like, the closest he has to a read is , which like. it's bad. granted, i don't know how to read gamma, but nothing he's done or posted so far is like, jumping out at me or saying ~town~, so.

my current hot take: VOTE: jewel barons

-tisi

In post 657, egotisi wrote:posts like and were giving me a distinct gut-scummy vibe of "i am posting things to appear active and/or helpful while not actually doing anything" (which was a mistake i made in a scumgame semi-recently which stuck to me)
This I find very interesting, because egotisi is kinda doing the same thing in this game. Sort of bold to point it out as scum, but I think they probably just aren't aware of it.

All that said, some of this could be a result of not being in the thread, so I'd like to see current thoughts and engage with them at some point if possible.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:10 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1103, brassherald wrote:
Infinity 324 (1):
Nora, was this supposed to be a compromise vote?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:35 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 1055, Noraa wrote:
In post 1054, Battle Mage wrote:I agree that it's somewhat tone-indicative, though I'm wondering if she might be waiting to try to find a better reason/counterwagon she can justify more easily. I think she may be worried about being called out for sheeping.
uhhhhh so someone tells me to sheep their read and I reject and this theory pops up out of nowhere?
I remember there used to be a good sized wagon on Random eh?
I'll go back there
as a compromise wagon.

I do not like the Taylor wagon aorn.
VOTE: Infinity
Infinity do you even read the thread? constantly misrepping me.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:38 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

So yes?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:38 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

hey noraa is your vote on infinity a compromise vote?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:42 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I'm sorry if you're town nora and feel like I'm pushing on you unfairly, but I'm not really understanding what you're vote is doing atm.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:48 am

Post by Noraa »

there's literally 6 wagons rn. your slot used to be a big one. I do not agree that my vote is doing nothing. I think plus is scum but since no one else agree, my compromise wagon is the narwhal slot.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:49 am

Post by Noraa »

ofc you "don't understand" what purpose my vote has when its literally on you. But if you are hinting that you are a vanity wagon, I don't understand why you are zoning in on me since there are 6 wagons rn and u can't possibility think only mine is a vanity?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:50 am

Post by Noraa »

to clarify I don't think its a vanity but even if it was, you are only pushing bc its on you is my point.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:50 am

Post by Noraa »

you call me out for having SRs that are OMGUSy yet I don't see anything different from you.
In fact I am the first to SR the people I SRed so if anything they are the OMGUSy ones not me
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:53 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1119, Noraa wrote:ofc you "don't understand" what purpose my vote has when its literally on you. But if you are hinting that you are a vanity wagon, I don't understand why you are zoning in on me since there are 6 wagons rn and u can't possibility think only mine is a vanity?
ego is still catching up, and I literally just said their vote is scummy too. Jewel Barons' vote on plus wasn't a vanity vote until you moved off it. Only yours and ego's are vanity.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:54 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1121, Noraa wrote:you call me out for having SRs that are OMGUSy yet I don't see anything different from you.
??? you didn't seem to have a strong scumread on my slot before I replaced in, and neither did ego
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:58 am

Post by Noraa »

I don't think they are vanity. Every wagon started off with one vote. We still have time. ur slot used to be a big wagon and I don't really like what I saw here in fact I liked ur predecessor more. The calmness in your tone and trying to reason with me is interesting and not that likely to come from scum I will admit but my gut scum pings are still here for now. I may move off tho bc I do think I'm feeling better and better about ur slot. Reasoning with me like this is more a town thing to do than a scum thing. Who do you think is a better vote than urself?

Return to “Completed Open Games”