Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 87, Titus wrote:
In post 81, Battle Mage wrote:Toogeloo's lawyer
No I am.

My skill level depends on whether or not I want my client convicted.

Someone should stop me from representing 17 clients at the same time.
shall i indulge in a bit of early-game WIFOM? i reckon you just kept it simple and picked broadly those you see as the strongest players, rather than trying to do anything more ambitious i.e. trying to triple-bluff. :lol:
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 89, shadowslug wrote:
In post 82, War and Peace wrote:
In post 70, Pyro wrote:VOTE: Battle Mage
I think you're jumping the gun here. Battle Mage is in some ways very like mastina; they're both loud, both confident, and both have ample opportunity to be wrong. For an early game read, I don't think Battle Mage's take is bad (though I agree it raises some eyebrows).
~Ircher
if it raises eyebrows then what's the harm in pyro voting BM here? ilike what actually is the point of this post?

-shadow
In post 90, Fey wrote:
I think you're jumping the gun here. Battle Mage is in some ways very like mastina; they're both loud, both confident, and both have ample opportunity to be wrong. For an early game read, I don't think Battle Mage's take is bad (though I agree it raises some eyebrows).
~Ircher
Hey, so like, I know you want to kill me with fire a little bit but I hope we can talk still!

What about it makes you raise your eyebrows? How many eyebrows?

It feels a bit like you're trying to be political about approaching Battle Mage's read right now, and not in a paranoia way. More like a seedy criminal sort of way!
i agree with both of these takes on Ircher's post.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 100, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 87, Titus wrote:
No I am.

shall i indulge in a bit of early-game WIFOM? i reckon you just kept it simple and picked broadly those you see as the strongest players, rather than trying to do anything more ambitious i.e. trying to triple-bluff. :lol:
And who do you think that is?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Why are you "indulging in wifom" with Titus?
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 91, Titus wrote:
In post 85, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:we have a vig in this game, I will give my thoughts on which slots would be most optimal to whack
Please do this
When I actually have them, closer to day’s end obviously.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Titus, if day ended right now, who you night killin'?
War and Peace
War and Peace
Townie
War and Peace
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by War and Peace »

~Ircher
if it raises eyebrows then what's the harm in pyro voting BM here? ilike what actually is the point of this post?

-shadow
Perhaps eyebrows isn't the best term here. What I mean is that the take, while reasonable, isn't necessarily a good take, as in it's likely that it's wrong or misinformed.
In post 90, Fey wrote:Hey, so like, I know you want to kill me with fire a little bit but I hope we can talk still!

No, that's my partner that wants to kill you.

First, I refer you to my above comment. Anyway, Battle Mage's post is incorrect in that it didn't really locktown Toogeloo the previous game (on the contrary, the majority of the town still wanted to lim that slot up until its death!) Thus, it doesn't logically follow that Toogeloo would repeat it here in an attempt to garner towncred.
~Ircher
Hydra of Ircher (War) and samantha97 (Peace).
Pyro
Pyro
Goon
Pyro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:46 pm

Post by Pyro »

In post 86, Dunnstral wrote:How much 'patience' do you really need to google deja vu and get the accents?
Fair point.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:46 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 71, Titus wrote:
In post 69, ItalianoVD wrote:So Nancy is the good guy and Titus is the bad guy? So if I’m not a mason, how do I help Nancy?
Spam. Lots of spam.
Lies.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:46 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 87, Titus wrote:
No I am.

I did but "strongest players" is very situationally defined. I play to the situation at hand. If you were the stump and nancy was in the game, I pick a different team. I have a strategy.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:46 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 105, Toogeloo wrote:Titus, if day ended right now, who you night killin'?
Yes by all means, tell us and if tr that player, I will summon protectives on them. :lol:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:48 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 93, Pyro wrote:Battle Mage,

Some are aware, which means all will be once someone brings it up. I think on it's own it's slightly town-indicative. Toogeloo if VT, is highly encouraged to repeat the claim if last game. Toogeloo if scum, may be encouraged to gambit it as scum.
I disagree - it serves least value if Toogeloo actually is a VT. I could buy the argument it's a town PR play maybe, but not sure Toogeloo is the 'fakeclaim as town' sort.

To me it makes most sense as a scumplay, although alternatives are possible. I could easily imagine Titus picking Toogeloo and suggesting he does that as a gambit (given Titus modded the last game and had a good view of it's effectiveness)
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:48 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 80, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 40, Batsunami wrote:Uh ok I think Toog is scum.
VOTE: Toog
They did this as vt in the last version of this setup

You were both there right?

Why do you think this time they are scum?

(I don't find them town for this)
Valid post.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:48 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 105, Toogeloo wrote:Titus, if day ended right now, who you night killin'?
I'd be too confused to answer that. No one would have played yet. So I'd just random kill, since someone would have to die before playing.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:49 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 109, Titus wrote:
In post 87, Titus wrote:
No I am.

I did but "strongest players" is very situationally defined. I play to the situation at hand. If you were the stump and nancy was in the game, I pick a different team. I have a strategy.
olive branch accepted. :wink:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by Alisae »

~Ircher

-shadow
Yo try to make sure to pick up posts that you accidentally write on your main account on your hydra by requoting the post or c/p what you posted. ty
GTKAS
| here.
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by Fey »

In post 106, War and Peace wrote:
~Ircher

-shadow
Perhaps eyebrows isn't the best term here. What I mean is that the take, while reasonable, isn't necessarily a good take, as in it's likely that it's wrong or misinformed.
In post 90, Fey wrote:Hey, so like, I know you want to kill me with fire a little bit but I hope we can talk still!

First, I refer you to my above comment. Anyway, Battle Mage's post is incorrect in that it didn't really locktown Toogeloo the previous game (on the contrary, the majority of the town still wanted to lim that slot up until its death!) Thus, it doesn't logically follow that Toogeloo would repeat it here in an attempt to garner towncred.
~Ircher
I mean, it would be silly, but it'd be Toog poking at his own misfortune about how he got read through all that, right? It just seems like a fun callback to me. Maybe I'm just thinking he's trying to be fun...

The first reply you gave that wasn't to me still feels a bit... wiggly. You definitely feel like you're playing with like... reasons in mind right now, like you want to accomplish something. I don't like it... ^^;
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:52 pm

Post by Fey »

I feel really good right now about Battle Mage and the Shadowslug hydra just because we all had the same take at the exact same time. It felt like all went 'huh' naturally together, and it made me giggle.
Charlie and Snoopy
Charlie and Snoopy
Townie
Charlie and Snoopy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:52 pm

Post by Charlie and Snoopy »

~Ircher

-shadow
i'm not really concerned with the precision of BM's take, but moreso why you felt the need to defend him over just one vote

-ss
shadowslug and the beautiful goddess marcistar ;;;)
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 113, Titus wrote:
I'd be too confused to answer that. No one would have played yet. So I'd just random kill, since someone would have to die before playing.
I highly doubt that. :lol:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

~Ircher

-shadow

~Ircher
i dont remember anyone wanting to elim Toogeloo? Admittedly I died Day 1, but in that first 110 pages I thought we had pretty much unanimous agreement that Toogeloo was town because of the manner of his claim. Maybe you're right though. I'm still fine with my vote.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:55 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 119, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
You doubt that I feel everyone should get to play? I has sads.

You never did answer me about the bet.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:56 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 117, Fey wrote:I feel really good right now about Battle Mage and the Shadowslug hydra just because we all had the same take at the exact same time. It felt like all went 'huh' naturally together, and it made me giggle.
yeah, instinctively i feel good about you too because your take feels genuine and i like that you persevered with it in multiple posts. Initial sense is this is shadowslug-town, although early days.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Charlie and Snoopy
Charlie and Snoopy
Townie
Charlie and Snoopy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:56 pm

Post by Charlie and Snoopy »

~Ircher

-shadow
shadowslug and the beautiful goddess marcistar ;;;)
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:58 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 121, Titus wrote:
In post 119, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
You doubt that I feel everyone should get to play? I has sads.

You never did answer me about the bet.
I highly doubt you “random kill” and I already responded to you about the bet. I won’t be distracted by anything.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”