Micro 1031: Elephant Love Song Medley

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Amy Dunne
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:14 pm

Post by Amy Dunne »

In post 473, MegAzumarill wrote:Gj Amy, had me fooled.
GGWP to everyone
And ditto, you did some pretty impressive wifomming to make me think it wasn’t red/Taly.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:18 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

I was worried you'd figure it out as although I was directly pushing my partner, I was trying to lead the Lin towards the t/t pair anyway.
(I.e when I was talking about one of NM/taly being scum and one of CT/queen, implying the CT queen lim is better)
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:18 pm

Post by Taly »

I had my attention divided too much to commit to the game but it was nice to watch :D

;) Imagine if I had the time to follow-up in our PT,
Amy
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Amy Dunne
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:22 pm

Post by Amy Dunne »

In post 477, Taly wrote:I had my attention divided too much to commit to the game but it was nice to watch :D

;) Imagine if I had the time to follow-up in our PT,
Amy
I was so happy that you correctly tr me in our PT. That should have probably made it obvious to me, something was up. :(
Amy Dunne
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:24 pm

Post by Amy Dunne »

In post 476, MegAzumarill wrote:I was worried you'd figure it out as although I was directly pushing my partner, I was trying to lead the Lin towards the t/t pair anyway.
(I.e when I was talking about one of NM/taly being scum and one of CT/queen, implying the CT queen lim is better)
Yeah but probably wouldn’t have worked had I already not been super pocketed by Taly. :facepalm:
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

Yeah there definitely some tells in there about my agenda but then again, I may have only noticed because I was putting them in there.
I also tried to hide them in our pt when able to remove some of the eyes on it but all is well that ends well I guess.
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Little disappointed about B, and of course I'd have preferred to live a bit longer. But honestly pretty happy with how things turned out overall.

Also, Jingle did fantastic work here with this horrible tangled mess of a triple setup. 10/10 would get confused over again
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Amy Dunne
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:41 pm

Post by Amy Dunne »

Yeah, this setup was really fun, it’s not often you get to play both alignments at the same time.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:25 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Well it started out fun. Thanks for modding Jingle <3
<3 xx
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:09 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 474, Amy Dunne wrote:Also, I actually forgot the you can’t out scumbuddies rule, so that was not a scum tactic. So that wasn’t a good reason to sr me here.
Not actually a rule in my rule set. If, somehow, you think that outing your scum buddies will win you the game (hidden traitor in a closed, mayhaps) you are allowed to do so. This also opens the door for outing not your teammates as your teammates as a wifom move.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:11 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 483, CheekyTeeky wrote:Well it started out fun. Thanks for modding Jingle <3
Agreed. I think the interplay between the setup (no nk, people already disincentivized from liming lovers) made this kind of drag too much. If I do the whole triplicate thing again it’ll be with a very different setup and the deadlines will matter.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:15 am

Post by Jingle »

Normally I give edit privileges to deal with redactions. That would be a lot of edit priveledges. I won’t be publishing pts until Sunday, so if you absolutely need a redaction pm me before then. I’d prefer this was used sparingly, as, like I said, there are a bunch of pts.
This is a Parachute.
Amy Dunne
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:48 am

Post by Amy Dunne »

In post 485, Jingle wrote:
In post 483, CheekyTeeky wrote:Well it started out fun. Thanks for modding Jingle <3
Agreed. I think the interplay between the setup (no nk, people already disincentivized from liming lovers) made this kind of drag too much. If I do the whole triplicate thing again it’ll be with a very different setup and the deadlines will matter.
Yeah deadlines are important but I think the main change you should have made and the reason I was confident I was done for once red/Taly flipped was that no one was tss. So I didn’t think I had a chance at winning because of that. I thought I was mech confiscum for that reason.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:09 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 487, Amy Dunne wrote:Yeah deadlines are important but I think the main change you should have made and the reason I was confident I was done for once red/Taly flipped was that no one was tss. So I didn’t think I had a chance at winning because of that. I thought I was mech confiscum for that reason.
This was entirely random chance. All three setups were randomized entirely independently, for a given value of random. (Random.org uses a timestamp algorithm instead of background radiation sampling for their randomization, so theoretically you could have worked out when I was likely to have randomized the setup, reverse engineered the algorithm, run all of the results in the relevant time frame, and made a distribution of the results to get a slightly better than average chance at eliminating scum. Normal humans would classify this as something only crazy people would do.)

It's actually rather odd how little overlap the three setups had. There was only one repeat lover PT, (Meg and N_M were lovers in two games) and CT/Queen was the only pair that was lovers in one game and scum together in another. Dunn was the only player whose elimination would flip absolutely no scum, which I think makes him the towniest. Amy, OTOH, would have flipped three scum on D1 and thus was objectively the scummiest. :P

I fully expected at least one player to end up being scum twice. The odds of no repeat scum are 6/8*5/7*4/8*3/7, which ends up being a little more than 11%. Not completely unreasonable, but very unlikely.

I think I like the triplicate design, and I'm probably going to run it again with a different setup and/or setups. I feel like this setup vastly disadvantaged the two games where scum flipped D1 and ended up making a lethargic and uninteresting gamestate for some people. I'm not sure whether I would implement another open (EHABONAR or Exploder, perhaps?) or a single closed setup or a series of similar but distinct closed setups yet, and would appreciate feedback on what would be most fun. I definitely don't think lovers or "everybody has a pt" style setups fit well with the mechanic though.
This is a Parachute.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:28 am

Post by Radical Rat »

I'd pre-in for the next triple game.
I prefer closed setups in general, though I think a semi-open might suit this kind of thing quite well. A triple Newbie, complete with actual (un?)fortunate newbies! That'll set MS apart from other, lamer sites
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Amy Dunne
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:01 am

Post by Amy Dunne »

In post 488, Jingle wrote:
In post 487, Amy Dunne wrote:Yeah deadlines are important but I think the main change you should have made and the reason I was confident I was done for once red/Taly flipped was that no one was tss. So I didn’t think I had a chance at winning because of that. I thought I was mech confiscum for that reason.
This was entirely random chance. All three setups were randomized entirely independently, for a given value of random. (Random.org uses a timestamp algorithm instead of background radiation sampling for their randomization, so theoretically you could have worked out when I was likely to have randomized the setup, reverse engineered the algorithm, run all of the results in the relevant time frame, and made a distribution of the results to get a slightly better than average chance at eliminating scum. Normal humans would classify this as something only crazy people would do.)

It's actually rather odd how little overlap the three setups had. There was only one repeat lover PT, (Meg and N_M were lovers in two games) and CT/Queen was the only pair that was lovers in one game and scum together in another. Dunn was the only player whose elimination would flip absolutely no scum, which I think makes him the towniest. Amy, OTOH, would have flipped three scum on D1 and thus was objectively the scummiest. :P

I fully expected at least one player to end up being scum twice. The odds of no repeat scum are 6/8*5/7*4/8*3/7, which ends up being a little more than 11%. Not completely unreasonable, but very unlikely.

I think I like the triplicate design, and I'm probably going to run it again with a different setup and/or setups. I feel like this setup vastly disadvantaged the two games where scum flipped D1 and ended up making a lethargic and uninteresting gamestate for some people. I'm not sure whether I would implement another open (EHABONAR or Exploder, perhaps?) or a single closed setup or a series of similar but distinct closed setups yet, and would appreciate feedback on what would be most fun. I definitely don't think lovers or "everybody has a pt" style setups fit well with the mechanic though.
Well, I definitely found the voting confusing and I did think it was kind’ve unfair to rat to be the only one to be votied out of all three games and yes of course, it also greatly disadvantaged Cheeky as well. It should have occurred in games the whole way. Cheeky obviously wouldn’t have had a problem with voting rat and rat could have had influence in games b and c.
Amy Dunne
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:03 am

Post by Amy Dunne »

In post 489, Radical Rat wrote:I'd pre-in for the next triple game.
I prefer closed setups in general, though I think a semi-open might suit this kind of thing quite well. A triple Newbie, complete with actual (un?)fortunate newbies! That'll set MS apart from other, lamer sites
+1

Thanks for being a great buddy. <3

Thanks for modding Jingle and Meg, I thoroughly enjoyed having a PT with you.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by Jingle »

Game B lasted 852 Days
Game C lasted 1018 Days
Game A lasted 1391 Days

We did it. We shattered the record.
This is a Parachute.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:46 am

Post by SirCakez »

Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”