Mini Normal 2272: Flash Games | Game Over!

ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2022 4:01 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

Okay pg 9 is where I started reading for real so I'm pretty much caught up and no what's going on at this point with the "softclaim" and whatnot. If anyone needs to ask me questions or needs me to clarify things feel free to do so. Probably won't be giving readslist this early but I'd say I know pretty much where my head is. Of course my reads can be wrong and probably are on Day 1, but things have stood out and not stood out to me if that makes sense.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2022 4:08 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 574, ItalianoVD wrote:Ehh potential mindmeld in

- Ooh spicy. What is your true read on Carcalilly?

I don't know, just reading Scorpious' posts feel so different from last game and very similar to another scumgame I've played with them. and in particular just feel strange.
In post 181, Dwlee99 wrote:VOTE: Vanya
Consolidating but moose still kinda sus
Is he though? You seem to just be keeping your options open.
In post 182, Roden wrote:I've explained all of those posts as I made them except for the mod one, but even that one should be obvious. I don't see the point of questioning me on why I like the idea of short prod timers after I just said how scum lurking out pressure is usually an effective strategy.
Roden town?
In post 184, MonkeyMan576 wrote:OMGUS much?
In post 185, MonkeyMan576 wrote:We caught scum guys.
Could dwlee and MonkeyMan be potential partners? They are individually scummy to me and have not interacted.

I feel like there is scum somewhere in dwlee, MonkeyMan, and Scorpious?
The way Roden straight up called out Scorpious didn't feel like a scum move. It felt like an annoyed town move. Scorpious' bad reaction to him makes me pretty confident that Roden is town if he is scum.

I kind of just completely let MM go after my pressure on him. Wonder why I did that.

Dwlee is a virtual inactive and has done basically nothing but hop between your slot and Moose, the other two inactives. Hopped from Moose to your slot almost immediately after I put the spotlight back on Andres. Kinda gives the vibe of not caring which of the two is getting voted for.

My personal experience says players like Moose are usually town being antagonistic because they don't know how to relate to the game. I've found players like him are the easiest vote in the world and they flip town more often than not - Though his scum equity goes up significantly if Scorpious is scum. He's been softly defending Moose without directly tying himself to him.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2022 5:30 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 576, Crescent wrote: The way Roden straight up called out Scorpious didn't feel like a scum move. It felt like an annoyed town move. Scorpious' bad reaction to him makes me pretty confident that Roden is town if he is scum.
Yeah this is what I'm thinking right now.
In post 576, Crescent wrote:I kind of just completely let MM go after my pressure on him.
Wonder why I did that.
Are you just asking yourself rhetorically or are you trying to tell me something? :lol:
In post 576, Crescent wrote:Dwlee is a virtual inactive and has done basically nothing but hop between your slot and Moose, the other two inactives. Hopped from Moose to your slot almost immediately after I put the spotlight back on Andres. Kinda gives the vibe of not caring which of the two is getting voted for.
Exactly. I kinda forgot that dw was in the game and then when I was catching up and reading his iso the pings were popping in left and right.
In post 576, Crescent wrote:My personal experience says players like Moose are usually town being antagonistic because they don't know how to relate to the game. I've found players like him are the easiest vote in the world and they flip town more often than not - Though his scum equity goes up significantly if Scorpious is scum. He's been softly defending Moose without directly tying himself to him.
This is what I felt when reading his posts and how everyone was interacting with them. Low hanging fruit is generally very valuable for scum which is why they hang onto it in practically every game. That's not to say this never comes from scum, but I'd say the percentages are pretty low on Day 1.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2022 5:35 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 568, Dwlee99 wrote:There's a newb tell specifically about how they entered the game
This isn't the newbie queue?

ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2022 5:35 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

And who actually still uses this?
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2022 5:37 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 571, Gamma Emerald wrote:Nah but I just said I liked it
If someone just has content that I like but doesn’t feel really incisive I’ll eventually start wanting more out of them
Nah you were townleaning.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2022 5:40 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

@dwlee: besides the scumreads you have on myself, vanya, scorpious, and moose, what else is going on in that head of yours?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2022 5:50 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I'm glad you are active, Italiano, but it doesn't sound like a lot of what you are saying is based on anything semi concrete.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2022 6:03 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 582, MonkeyMan576 wrote:I'm glad you are active, Italiano, but it doesn't sound like a lot of what you are saying is based on anything semi concrete.
Wow this reaction is horrifyingly bad. This might be the scummiest post in the entire game.

He's probably already given more content MM has all game, and this is the hill MM decides to stand on? MM just flat out disregards it all as not even worth responding to while he and I are actively going back and forth in our responses?

...Why did I decide to drop this guy off my radar again? Is it just because he voted Gera over Moose?

This is not a town reaction at all. This is a scum trying to shut the replacement up reaction. I'd actually be legitimately surprised to see MM be town based off of this one post.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2022 6:10 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 582, MonkeyMan576 wrote:I'm glad you are active, Italiano, but it doesn't sound like a lot of what you are saying is based on anything semi concrete.
I mean it is Day 1. :lol:

VOTE: MonkeyMan
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2022 6:11 pm

Post by Crescent »

k so I took a few minutes to think it over and I just have absolutely no benefit of the doubt to give MM here. That post is almost never a town post. This is the second time MM has chosen a scummy as hell hill to fight on, and this one is somehow way worse than the other.

VOTE: MonkeyMan

This is scum. Andres was town. Andres was right.

Pretty high chance Dwlee is also scum. Just not even close to the near-lock MM is.

Pedit: I got ninjaed! Oh.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2022 6:14 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

Which part? Specifics please.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2022 6:19 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

I'm not sure what part he is talking about because I said kind of a lot. I'm guessing my scumread of him is what's eating at him. :giggle:
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2022 6:27 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

Well it's been real my peeps, I'm going to bed. See you tomorrow. Thanks for engaging with me for a little while Crescent. Looking forward to our engagement Monkey. :giggle:
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2022 6:29 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 587, ItalianoVD wrote:I'm not sure what part he is talking about because I said kind of a lot. I'm guessing my scumread of him is what's eating at him. :giggle:
MM went berserk on Vanya for "OMGUS" earlier when Vanya's vote on him wasn't OMGUS. Now, he flat out shuts down any response to you at all... And you said you thought he was scum.

This is the second time MM has immediately tried to discredit someone who's called him scum (Note: I never actually called MM scum when I was pressuring him earlier), and the second time he's done it in an anti-town manner. To completely disregard what was effectively a catchup post from 500+ pages of content with that nonsense is not a town mentality.

I personally found plenty to interact with. I remember Gamma specifically interacted once. Dwlee interacted once. Probably a couple of more people that aren't immediately coming to mind did.

I'm sure enough on MM to vote him. My vote is rarely swayed once I'm set on it.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2022 6:38 pm

Post by Roden »

VOTE: monkeyman
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2022 6:59 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Votecount 1.10
Epic Coaster (2010) - knigg

MonkeyMan576
(3): ItalianoVD, Crescent, Roden
FugitiveMoose
(2): Gamma Emerald, Meuh
ItalianoVD
(2): Dwlee99, Uncle Vanya
Scorpious
(2): Titus, MonkeyMan576

Not Voting
(4): Carcalilly, Scorpious, geraintm, FugitiveMoose
With 13 alive, it takes 7 to eliminate.

Day 1 deadline is in: (expired on 2022-05-12 14:45:22).
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2022 8:34 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 580, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 571, Gamma Emerald wrote:Nah but I just said I liked it
If someone just has content that I like but doesn’t feel really incisive I’ll eventually start wanting more out of them
Nah you were townleaning.
I mean yeah but in early game that cuts it
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 12:17 am

Post by Meuh »

Okay so I just ate a pear for the first time in several years, I had forgotten how good they were! :cool: Apples wish they could be half as good.
and so eating that wonderful pear gave me the energy I needed to properly analyze the game, so here we go

I get the impression that scum like this gamestate, and it's concerning. How quiet it is and the lack of adversity rubs me the wrong way. Plus I think a lot of the most active players are town.

Idk if anyone else does this, but for me early on I tend to like just accepting one player as town. One that leans town early, is active, has reasonable takes and is kinda acting like a leader. I just kinda just let myself not properly sort them until later on in the game and assume they have good intentions on day 1.
For me this game this player was Crescent, which I think you can see in my ISO. I'm not sure I bring up Crescent's alignment at all?
But yeah she's in that sort of position for me at the moment and I don't think she should be limmed for the time being

Dwlee and Gamma I also have not really attempted to sort, and are in a similar space in my head if that makes any sense? I've played a game with both of them before, in my mind they're playing this game kinda similarly and were both on the Moose wagon so they're in the same space. I've been bad at reading both of them in the past (Gamma just got a scum win over me :cry:) so I've also just put it off for tomorrow.
Carcalilly I sorted in a similar spot, though I've never played with her before. I got some mild town pings from some of her posts and kind of just decided that wasn't gonna be a slot I'm sorting short term.

Roden has been very mindmeldy with me and I generally think he's a townie :cool:
Like I said before I think Scorpious isn't all that scummy, and has some moments I think are town indicative. I'm not interested at limming here, especially with their activity and how spewy I think they are.
Maybe I should reconsider MM? But honestly nothing from him has prompted me to. I'm still leaning town there.

Honestly at this point I'm also leaning town on Titus, a bit from individual gameplay but mostly from the general situation. , and look townie to me. I still don't like the Scorpious wagon, but I think there's more suspicion to be brought on those who jumped onto it (MM and Crescent). I don't get the impression scum have been initiating wagons really.

Italiano's catchup looks good to me, generally. Although I can't say I'm the biggest fan of MM/Scorpious seemingly being his top 2 scumreads. I get why someone would end up there because both have done surface level scummy stuff, but overall I don't scumread either. There's opportunistic benefit for scum to place suspicion there if both are town, it reinforces them as major lim candidates. :eek:

I've still put off ISOing geraintm and still need to do it, until then I'm neutral on the slot I suppose
Vanya I'm still leaning scum on but I can't say I've scrutinized the slot in a while. I don't think they're getting limmed today anyways.

Moose is in a weird spot because POE makes them scummy, but players I think are also scummy because of POE have put pressure on them? Negative equity within my scumpool basically. I like and honestly, but overall I feel pretty much neutral on their alignment.

At this point I think we should be limming within (geraintm, Dwlee, Moose, Vanya).
(Gamma, Carcalilly, MM) are all acceptable to me but I see no reason to lim over the top category.
(Roden, Crescent, Scorpious, Titus, Italiano) I don't see reason to be limming today.

Since a lot of you seem to feel kinda iffy but no one's committing to voting them, why don't I do this? :twisted:
VOTE: Dwlee
Better than MM lim
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 12:34 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 553, Roden wrote:
In post 520, Crescent wrote:I agree with Rodan's assessment that he was obviously "softclaiming", but am perplexed as to why he'd bring it up so quickly, and even more perplexed as to why he'd immediately demand a claim.

It feels like it needed a lot more time to play out.
Claiming a PR under pressure is bad town play. Softing a PR to scare people away from pressuring you is scummy play.

If Scorpius actually wanted to use his PR to catch scum in a trap, it would've been better to not say anything at all so that scum could feel confident in actually voting him. As it is now, there's nothing we can analyze about his wagon. So instead we have to figure out if he just misplayed his PR, used his PR to avoid dealing with suspicion, or faked a PR soft to stop his wagon from forming.
Not sure how you want a town Pr to claim then? They aren't to hard claim, they aren't to soft claim, should they just never mention it?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 12:36 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 553, Roden wrote: Don't trust gera at all though and consider him a good potential vote.

Also now that you've been useful UNVOTE: AndresReplacementPerson
It's day 1, you shouldn't trust anyone. That is a very pointless comment
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 12:44 am

Post by geraintm »

I hate Meuh's vote kn Dwlee. I don't see any build up to it, and then they use other people wanting to pressure them to justify their vote. It won't go anywhere, that isn't a wagon that is likely to happen anytime soon. It feels like a "I wanna be seen doing something"

It comes right after a wagon is forming is another player....so large naughty point for you

VOTE: meuh
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 1:02 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Yea meuh's vote on me is kinda weird especially as an explicit counter to MM and also because they open up discussion of me as explicitly not knowing how to read me etc. and not saying anything about my play. Why am I a better wagon than MM if she hasn't even attempted to sort me?
I prefer they, thanks :)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 1:03 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 581, ItalianoVD wrote:@dwlee: besides the scumreads you have on myself, vanya, scorpious, and moose, what else is going on in that head of yours?
There is not much going on up in here right now
I prefer they, thanks :)
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 1:04 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 595, geraintm wrote:
In post 553, Roden wrote: Don't trust gera at all though and consider him a good potential vote.

Also now that you've been useful UNVOTE: AndresReplacementPerson
It's day 1, you shouldn't trust anyone. That is a very pointless comment
Trust had nothing to do with it. My vote was only there to pressure an inactive, which is something I was clear on when I made it.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”