Micro 1067: Is There a Doctor in the House? - Game over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He
Location: do people ever use this for their actual location lol

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:42 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

i just knew enchant would go for scolosis idk why
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:44 pm

Post by Gimli »

I wanted it to play f3 with fenrin as I never scumread scoliosis at all the entire game
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:44 pm

Post by Pavowski »

CPR doc was 2/2 for killing rather than saving

Killed 1 town, 1 scum
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:01 pm

Post by Freedom »

Well done, STD, and congrats to Town!
Sorry for replacing out.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:22 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 1002, Pavowski wrote:CPR doc was 2/2 for killing rather than saving

Killed 1 town, 1 scum

lowkey i knew that i killed that town and ifelt a guolty presence for some reason lol
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:23 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

thanks for modding @pavo

it was myfirst time back, im glad this could be my first game back.
Scoliosis
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:19 pm

Post by Scoliosis »

Well played town. Overall, despite losing, I'm satisfied with how I played because I believe I did a great job emulating the kind of town play which would bias most of you to keep me alive. I was prepared--prepared to improvise, at least--if I survived to the final three scenario where I believed I could talk my way to a win as long as I wasn't cornered by town's night strategy. Despite my little victory dancing my way out of town's poe early on, I believe you definitely deserved to win and should be pleased with how you played because you really kicked butt with the setup analysis and worked together really well.

One thing that was interesting is that the amount of work you guys put into analyzing the setup paid off in more than just night actions: I was so overwhelmed by the volume and complexity of posts containing setup analysis (which I read as: here's a big post containing another 1001 ways to make scoliosis die) that I began skim reading the thread lighter and lighter the longer the game went on. This was most extreme on day two where I quickly lost track of what was going on and how much progress town was making toward solving the game. For example, I didn't realize (among many things) that town had deduced tabibitos was chosen as the night kill, I thought town believed elements was the night kill. I paid a sorry price. The sub plot of me gradually losing track of what-the-fuck-are-these-posts-really-implying climaxed when I told nm it was safe to go and troll the thread because we were in a crushing position and would probably win. I will leave my hubris unredacted in the scum chat for all to laugh at. I believe that town's sustained focus on solving the setup together helped to drive my mind away from what was going on which contributed at least indirectly--if not directly--to nm getting hammered instead of dragons.

Of course dragon's strong defensive play and town's engagement were probably stronger factors overall. I will maintain though that there was a relevant bonus to town for keeping the "thought space" I guess fixed in a place that was taxing for my fragile human mind to deeply consider.

Thank you mod for running the cool setup and I hope you run another game soon. Thank you everyone for playing and well done, but watch out: scum scoliosis is down but not out, thirsty for blood and will get you
back
:twisted:
Scoliosis
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:24 pm

Post by Scoliosis »

In post 986, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I thought for sure we would live past night 1 and be pushed for leading wagons on town. I wonder why we were killed.
My strategy was to win by talking my way out of town's crosshairs with whatever I could improvise. I had your hydra marked as my preferred n1 kill before the game even started. The last thing I need is the two of you working together and scouring the thread for all of the mistakes I would no doubt make the longer the game went on. The main deterring factor from killing you was that I expected it might be difficult to night kill a hydra in an open setup filled with doctors. When your reads were wrong d1 I saw it as an opening to get rid of you n1 before you earned credibility with the town. I also hoped the fact you were wrong d1 and died would confuse town and cause them to incorrectly tinfoil the target of the night kill. The fact you placed my slot in a healthy position in your poe and advocated for me a small amount gave me--in my mind--a bonus incentive to kill you quickly before you changed your mind. I'll elaborate:
In post 618, Tabibitos wrote:About Freedom...honestly I don't know what I could say that Grandpa already didn't, but basically I feel like they solve any genuine eagerness to solve the game and have just been..."existing" before the wagon, and even now with the wagon they don't do much about it. I think he could easily be scum but also could just be town, he feels more engaged than Galron in the game but not enough to be very readable to me.

Then basically my readlist as of now would be something as:

[Grandpa] - town read
[Gimli] - town lean
[Enchant, Scoliosis] - nulltown
[Galron] - null
[Freedom] - nullscum
[Elements, Vanders] - scum lean
[---] - scum read

I call Vanders/Elements "scum reads" but in my readlist I reserve that for people that I think are like, lockscum or very near that, just as I find it very hard I'll ever change my mind about Grandpa being town and if he's scum congrats you fooled me very well.

I gotta say that I'm starting to find it very hard to believe both Vanders and Elements could be town though. At least one needs to be scum perhaps...?

But hm, not enough content on this game to be sure of that really, I feel we have talked about mech a bit too much and it has made the game less productive in terms of getting reads.

- Aether
In post 619, Tabibitos wrote:Ah, I think Scoliosis is the unique slot I kinda like a bit that I haven't explained why:

It's basically because he seems to have a genuine bloodlust for finding scum and arrived at similar suspicious about Vanders as me. Doesn't feel a lot like a bus so perhaps if Vanders is really scum he's just town? Maybe? Gonna leave at that for now.

VOTE: Vanderscamp

I can compromise on Freedom though, just think Vanders or Elements is a bit more likely to flip scum than Freedom here for reasons explained.

- Aether
I'm not an expert on the game, I'm not a master manipulator, I'm only perhaps (at best) a D-tier mastermind, so I don't know if I'm correct on this: I was hoping you would say something favorable about me before d1 ended, not so that I could pocket you, but so that I could kill you. I never succumbed to hubris enough to believe I was invincible during daylight hours. I thought the nice words you gave me d1 would be more useful on paper as social proof than in practice as a prospective advocate when d2 came. I expected there was a good chance you would admit you were wrong d1, look over everyone again with more diligence and something to prove, reevaluate your assumptions and put me at the bottom of your poe where I belonged. My evaluation was that your misread on me d1 gave me an additional incentive to kill you immediately to preserve the slight credibility it gave me and minimize risk of losing it. The gist of it is that despite being wrong d1 I had faith you were still my greatest strategic obstacle for how I planned on winning the game.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:48 pm

Post by Elements »

GG everyone!
Thanks for running Pav!
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:49 pm

Post by Elements »

Very much enjoyed playing with you all
All my completed games
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:12 pm

Post by Freedom »

In post 1009, Elements wrote:Very much enjoyed playing with you all
TBH, I enjoyed playing with you too!
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:13 pm

Post by Freedom »

And I just realised I forgot this.
Thanks Pav for modding!
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:25 pm

Post by Elements »

Happy cake day Freedom!
All my completed games
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:52 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

GG
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:02 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 1007, Scoliosis wrote:I'm not an expert on the game, I'm not a master manipulator, I'm only perhaps (at best) a D-tier mastermind, so I don't know if I'm correct on this: I was hoping you would say something favorable about me before d1 ended, not so that I could pocket you, but so that I could kill you. I never succumbed to hubris enough to believe I was invincible during daylight hours. I thought the nice words you gave me d1 would be more useful on paper as social proof than in practice as a prospective advocate when d2 came. I expected there was a good chance you would admit you were wrong d1, look over everyone again with more diligence and something to prove, reevaluate your assumptions and put me at the bottom of your poe where I belonged. My evaluation was that your misread on me d1 gave me an additional incentive to kill you immediately to preserve the slight credibility it gave me and minimize risk of losing it. The gist of it is that despite being wrong d1 I had faith you were still my greatest strategic obstacle for how I planned on winning the game.
I thought Vander
really
was scum here, and I thought the way you went after him was anti-associative, so yeah I liked a bit your slot for that but after Vanders flipped town I wouldn't have much reason to like your slot. I'm not sure I would have wanted to kill you or if you were gonna be on the "bottom of my PoE", but I think at the very least I guess I believed [Grandpa, Gimli, Enchant] to be significantly townier than the rest of the slots including you
いつだってヒーロー。

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:24 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

thanks for modding pav
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:49 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1015, Save The Dragons wrote:thanks for modding pav
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:09 am

Post by Freedom »

In post 1012, Elements wrote:Happy cake day Freedom!
Thanks!
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:12 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 1016, Not_Mafia wrote:
いつだってヒーロー。

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:16 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 1018, Shirou wrote:
In post 1016, Not_Mafia wrote:
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:21 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”