Micro 1088: Carbon 14 - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:18 pm

Post by imaginality »

Oh, I just realised how PC knew I was probably Seer before PC fakeclaimed Seer with guilty on me.

Sheep Dunn and Drew had already posted today before PC claimed and none of them hypoclaimed or even started a discussion of whether to carry on with hypoclaiming despite Cop flip. That was probably already a reasonable clue they're VT and therefore I was most likely the Seer.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:30 pm

Post by imaginality »

I can't out-post PC, see no value in arguing with them directly, and don't want the decent points I've raised lost in a haystack.

I'll check in periodically today and answer questions from others though.

I think -- is interesting to consider if that could be scumbuddies or not. And - is this misread of my post a sign Dunn knows PC is guilty or genuine misread?

Right now I think the PC fakeclaim gambit is riskier in a mafia world than a werewolf world (where outing the Seer has clear value) so I lean town on Drew given my inno. So I think PC's partner is Dunn or sheep, and more likely Dunn.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:51 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 250, imaginality wrote: Oh, I just realised how PC knew I was probably Seer before PC fakeclaimed Seer with guilty on me.

Sheep Dunn and Drew had already posted today before PC claimed and none of them hypoclaimed or even started a discussion of whether to carry on with hypoclaiming despite Cop flip. That was probably already a reasonable clue they're VT and therefore I was most likely the Seer.
In post 251, imaginality wrote: I can't out-post PC, see no value in arguing with them directly, and don't want the decent points I've raised lost in a haystack.

I'll check in periodically today and answer questions from others though.

I think -- is interesting to consider if that could be scumbuddies or not. And - is this misread of my post a sign Dunn knows PC is guilty or genuine misread?

Right now I think the PC fakeclaim gambit is riskier in a mafia world than a werewolf world (where outing the Seer has clear value) so I lean town on Drew given my inno. So I think PC's partner is Dunn or sheep, and more likely Dunn.
Starting to feel like you are just trying to throw things at the wall, hoping any theory sticks now.

Really feel like you are tailoring your defense to the evidence presented, instead of just stating why you are the more likely seer.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:16 pm

Post by imaginality »

Whether other people should believe I'm the more likely Seer or not is directly related to the evidence for or against, so of course I'm going to comment on that.

That said, me pointing out for example how PC's D1 play doesn't make sense as town in general or Seer in particular isn't about 'tailoring my defense to the evidence', I was already pointing that out on D1 and PC's Seer claim today just makes it even more obvious.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:18 pm

Post by imaginality »

Oh one additional point, playing scummy D1 to live through to D2 makes sense in bigger games but in this game where it's elo D2, that has the disadvantage that town might not believe you D2. So, again, that's not a tactic that a town!PC would actually be likely to employ. But is a convenient excuse for a scum!PC to explain away D1 play
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:58 pm

Post by Political Clout »

In post 250, imaginality wrote: Oh, I just realised how PC knew I was probably Seer before PC fakeclaimed Seer with guilty on me.

no shot. I didn't call bullshit on your watching the ashes or whatever it was you were supposedly watching. I logged in saw my messages then I came to the thread and posted, and you only posted after I had a guilty on you. if anything it proves you were lurking the thread not me.
Ya basic!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:41 am

Post by SirCakez »

Votecount 2.1

Imaginality (1) - Political Clout
Political Clout (1) - imaginality

Not voting (3) - Sheepsaysmeep, Dunnstral, Doctor Drew

(expired on 2023-08-07 10:33:00) remain until day end

With 5 players alive, it takes 3 to reach a majority.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:14 pm

@mod doctor drew replaced ceejaynova.
Ya basic!
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:52 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

I am actually a secret alt of CeeJay, so all is good.

I honestly don't know what to make of the seer war, I am now leaning a way but will keep it close to vest for now.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:53 pm

Post by imaginality »

@Drew happy to answer any questions if you have any for me

Same goes for others (except PC since I know PC is scum so I'd rather save my energy)
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:38 pm

Post by imaginality »

Spoiler: PC and ceejay/Doctor Drew interactions

In post 60, ceejayvinoya wrote: early reads while nothing is happening.

Dunn probably town
sheep trying to move game forward could be town

dunno what to do about pc self vote

I guess heip unvoting pc there could be townie?

I guess vote stays on imag for now
In post 82, ceejayvinoya wrote: I really wanted to say something but aside from imag's and PC's brief scuffle nothing really grabbed my interest on the previous page
In post 83, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 79, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 60, ceejayvinoya wrote: early reads while nothing is happening.

Dunn probably town
sheep trying to move game forward could be town

dunno what to do about pc self vote

I guess heip unvoting pc there could be townie?

I guess vote stays on imag for now
Do you think Imaginality is mafia or is that your rvs vote?
When I posted that my thoughts were that I wanted to vote someone between PC and Imag and since my vote is already in Imag from RVS I decided to just let it sit there for now
In post 86, Political Clout wrote:
In post 80, imaginality wrote: TLDR readslist:

Dunnstral, sheep
Ceejay, heip
PC, RN

If I'm wrong on PC (I have no idea how reliable sheep's town meta read on PC is) ceejay can be the other scum slot

Back to sickbed hope to post more fully tomorrow
now who's being omgussy? ceejay hasn't said anything of substance.
In post 88, Political Clout wrote:
In post 82, ceejayvinoya wrote: I really wanted to say something but aside from imag's and PC's brief scuffle nothing really grabbed my interest on the previous page
What did you want to say?
In post 94, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 88, Political Clout wrote:
What did you want to say?

only that it would be funny if both of you were town
In post 124, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 65, Political Clout wrote:
In post 63, imaginality wrote: VOTE: PC

I disagree with heip (though I do townread heip) - I don't think town are likely to risk self voting to put themselves at E-1 on D1 of a micro.

Also the proposed strategy of all claiming role and target D1 is a great way to ensure we never get a guilty and if scum don't happen to be targeted by the right type, then the NK could seriously mislead us D2.
i deliberately didn't say I was at -1 because I wanted to see what people would say and do, why didn't you?

and secondly it's a proposed strategy you can dislike it and it doesn't mean you have to follow it if you think not claiming a target is better then that's fine simply don't claim a target? it feels like a crazy nitpick to me coupled with the fact that you saying it makes me think it's a reason for voting me. Like hey this part of your strategy doesn't make sense but like you don't have to use that part of the strategy.

VOTE: imaginality

I'm am claiming cop and will be checking someone tonight.
What in the actual fuck.
In post 151, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 150, Political Clout wrote:
intent to hammer RN
There is a part of me just saying do it right now.
In post 165, Doctor Drew wrote: VOTE: PC
In post 166, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 165, Doctor Drew wrote: VOTE: PC
UNVOTE:

This is the lim for today.

But don't want the day to end super quick.
In post 168, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 167, sheepsaysmeep wrote: why is this the lim for today?
Remember when PC claimed cop?
In post 173, Doctor Drew wrote: Meh, didn't even notice the talk of hypo claiming in my skim.

Back to square one.
In post 239, Doctor Drew wrote: I dunno, PC seems to be be putting more effort in discrediting Imag.

While Imag is more on the defensive.

This makes me lean that Imag is telling the truth here.

But, the timing of Imag's claim is also pretty suss.
In post 241, Political Clout wrote:
In post 239, Doctor Drew wrote: I dunno, PC seems to be be putting more effort in discrediting Imag.

srs question: to you defensiveness equals/has towny qualitys?

I want you to believe me. I'm pushing fairly hard because I am flat out thunderdoming with him unless you or imag have forgotten that. consider his play in this perspective he is defensive because he has been caught and is no longer interested in playing the game but has to play to his wincon. like you are not looking at motivations here at all and that concerns me.
In post 244, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 242, Political Clout wrote:
In post 233, imaginality wrote:
In post 216, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I was gonna call the PC early self-vote to be town cuz it seems like scum would be more scared of being lolhammered than town would be

but with today's hindsight it doesnt seem like a seer would put themselves at e-1???? hmm lol
This is a good point, it was a dangerous play for a VT to do (given how early in the day it was,
imagine how little we'd have to go on today if someone did quicklim
), but even more so as a PR.

Also, when PC sorta-claimed cop imagine if cop cc-ed. That would have been an absolute clusterfuck no matter who we limmed. It makes sense as scum though.
You are going to hang on to that point like a babe sticks to his blanket. I already said why you saying it's weird it's not traditional it's not optimal, therefore it is scum is a huuuuuuuuuuge leap. you are engaging in pointless hypothetical and are pointing to me being morally lucky as scum.

also think about what image is basically saying like look back on day 1 townfolk and just engage in hypothetical and wifom until you consider what pc did as scum motivated imagine if the actual cop cc'd imagine if he was quicklimmed. like this is pointless and boring. none of that happened. I was successful in hiding n1 and I was lucky that you were a wolf and not a mafioso. You got caught that's it.

JUST THINK HOW LITTLE WE WOULD HAVE IF SOMEONE DID QUICKLIM??????? this presupposes that I'm seer you just outed yourself hello?
Can you elaborate on the last part here?
In post 246, Political Clout wrote:
In post 216, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I was gonna call the PC early self-vote to be town cuz it seems like scum would be more scared of being lolhammered than town would be

but with today's hindsight it doesnt seem like a seer would put themselves at e-1???? hmm lol
This is a good point, it was a dangerous play for a VT to do (given how early in the day it was,

Also, when PC sorta-claimed cop imagine if cop cc-ed. That would have been an absolute clusterfuck no matter who we limmed. It makes sense as scum though.
You are going to hang on to that point like a babe sticks to his blanket. I already said why you saying it's weird it's not traditional it's not optimal, therefore it is scum is a huuuuuuuuuuge leap. you are engaging in pointless hypothetical and are pointing to me being morally lucky as scum.

also think about what image is basically saying like look back on day 1 townfolk and just engage in hypothetical and wifom until you consider what pc did as scum motivated imagine if the actual cop cc'd imagine if he was quicklimmed. like this is pointless and boring. none of that happened. I was successful in hiding n1 and I was lucky that you were a wolf and not a mafioso. You got caught that's it.

JUST THINK HOW LITTLE WE WOULD HAVE IF SOMEONE DID QUICKLIM??????? this presupposes that I'm seer you just outed yourself hello?
image is saying imagine if someone quicklimmed PC what would we have to go on today.
In post 247, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 246, Political Clout wrote:

image is saying imagine if someone quicklimmed PC what would we have to go on today.
Gotcha now.

The D2 vote and unvote could be scum distancing. I'm not sure I buy the idea Drew didn't notice the hypoclaiming comments on his 'skim' when he already read the post in real time on D1 (see ). And ceejay avoided giving reads on PC D1 while Drew fencesat on the guilty claim initially today which could be legit but could be wanting to appear neutral before slowly "becoming convinced" I'm scum.

Summary: plausible as partners, no smoking bullets though.

Next up, PC and Dunnstral
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:57 pm

Post by imaginality »

Spoiler: PC and Dunnstral interactions

In post 106, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 97, sheepsaysmeep wrote: everyone should like give a set of reads and explain them or something
I don't feel I have a vote I'd want more than Random Nurse, even though it is not a very strong read.

I think imaginality had a good point about a cop claim voting themself to e-1 being weird. That makes me lean town on imaginality.
I am also getting good feelings from sheep.

heip I don't have an opinion on, they've given quite a bit but I don't lean either way. ceejay has given not enough for me to have an opinion on I feel. And politicalclout claimed cop so it is best to wait and see what happens.
In post 183, Dunnstral wrote: The thing with what political did is that based on reactions scum can rule out who is not the cop. Depending on how Heip reacted.
In post 219, Dunnstral wrote: imaginality is the wolf because they wrote about whether it was worth hypo claiming today when they are claiming a guilty result and we are in limlo. I wrote yesterday that we would put innos if we hypo claimed; the guilty they put forth is clearly in reaction the the guilty placed on them.

And yes sheep I did think that PC claiming was suspect but it looks like they did it because they had a role claim to fall back on.
In post 220, Dunnstral wrote: I don't agree that PC's claim was a good play. They didn't know whether it was a mafia team or a wolf team, so how is fake claiming cop as seer for wifom a better play than true claiming seer?

It seems like the same thing really, except with no chance of having the real cop counter claim you on day 1.
In post 229, Political Clout wrote:
In post 219, Dunnstral wrote: imaginality is the wolf because they wrote about whether it was worth hypo claiming today when they are claiming a guilty result and we are in limlo. I wrote yesterday that we would put innos if we hypo claimed; the guilty they put forth is clearly in reaction the the guilty placed on them.

And yes sheep I did think that PC claiming was suspect but it looks like they did it because they had a role claim to fall back on.
I think the inno on drew is probably alignment indicative but I'm not exactly sure on the alignment.
In post 230, Dunnstral wrote: I misread 202 and thought imaginality was claiming a guilty on Political clout rather than that being a seer counter claim
In post 231, Political Clout wrote:
In post 230, Dunnstral wrote: I misread 202 and thought imaginality was claiming a guilty on Political clout rather than that being a seer counter claim
your gut read is correct just for the wrong reasons.

Very little on D1. Dunnstral agrees with me that PC self voting doesn't seem good play for town, especially cop. But doesn't push PC really at all.

D2 Dunn started off believing PC over me because Dunn thought I was claiming a guilty. With that misinterpretation corrected I'm not sure where Dunn stands now?

I swing between thinking the misinterpretation is town-indicative (assuming the scum in their scumchat at some point today said something like "doesn't look like anyone's claiming a guilty so PC go ahead with your fakeclaim plan," so would be aware I didn't claim a guilty) and scum-indicative (consciousness of PC being scum so they misread me as claiming guilty on PC). I think probably more likely town?

Summary: plausible buddies, no smoking guns

Next up, PC and Sheep
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:14 pm

Post by imaginality »

Spoiler: PC and sheep interactions

In post 18, Political Clout wrote: VOTE: sheepsaysmeep I am alive.
In post 38, sheepsaysmeep wrote: VOTE: pc
In post 37, sheepsaysmeep wrote: Let’s just call my townreads on Dunn and imagine correct and then our chance of hitting mafia is like 50%!!!11!1!1
In post 40, sheepsaysmeep wrote: E-1 btw lol
In post 42, Political Clout wrote:
In post 41, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I don’t really get the benefit of your strategy?

I think the relevant information from who someone would’ve targeted is near 0
I disagree? I think it creates wifom and if scum are paranoid about getting checked, like it doesn't have to be in any particular order it's mainly their for distraction and to pressure scum into fumbling the kill.
In post 41, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I don’t really get the benefit of your strategy?

In post 43, sheepsaysmeep wrote: Ehhhhh I guess I see the point more now

I disagree with it because:
a) personally if I were mafia I would probably just ignore it because the chance real cop targets is kinda low enough
b) it could force the real cop to do suboptimal checks. like maybe the useful role gets randed onto a person who was already obvious town anyway and it’s sorta wasted

but idk we can see what others think
In post 50, sheepsaysmeep wrote: PC do u have a completed scumgame
In post 68, sheepsaysmeep wrote: interesting
In post 69, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I think PC is within town meta.

in the newbie game I played with him he was reallyyyy aggressive and confrontational, and I correctly townread him for the way . I was actually going to call the imaginality/pc thing w/w lol but I thought more and PC just seems town so nvm
In post 70, sheepsaysmeep wrote: that is not a finished post

I correctly townread him that game for the way he turned his interactions Into a really big thing. each time someone said something to him he like amplified it with a bunch of stuff in response.

the game he linked feels surprisingly different; I feel lucky that he seems so polarized lol. that game is like, way more mellow and agreeable and with broad views on all the players rather than honing in on people
In post 74, sheepsaysmeep wrote: hey PC

I remember in the newbie game you started by asking a looooooooot of questions. like in response to each post a list of like 10 questions

can you explain why you've stopped doing that? it bothers me a little
In post 84, Political Clout wrote:

I remember in the newbie game you started by asking a looooooooot of questions. like in response to each post a list of like 10 questions

I was completely wrong that game and scum were just sitting back and doing nothing and I called scum town. It felt like I was creating chaos instead of helping town. Plus I'm a bit busy with another game currently and this game hasn't taken off.
In post 87, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 80, imaginality wrote: If I'm wrong on PC (I have no idea how reliable sheep's town meta read on PC is)
I am not insanely confident but hpz saying something similar 2 posts above you makes me feel better about it
In post 89, sheepsaysmeep wrote: if anyone wants to read:

viewtopic.php?sid=&f=50&t=91019&user_select%5B%5D=17484

this is the PC town game in question, heipizhu was also In it
this the very different scum game that he linked
In post 90, sheepsaysmeep wrote: PC do you have any thoughts on random nurse / Dunn's push on random nurse
In post 91, Political Clout wrote:
In post 90, sheepsaysmeep wrote: PC do you have any thoughts on random nurse / Dunn's push on random nurse
that their meta data post was extremely weird! the longer the game goes on with them doing nothing...it's basically just self immolation as either alignment. I'm fine with dunn pushing random nurse. If anything I agree with random nurse that nothing has really happened but them not pushing the game forward also doesn't help them by their own account. Do I believe their meta data post or do I just ignore it and see the content of their posts? I should when I have time see if they posted it in other games if they haven't and it is unique to this game then they ought to really follow what they have laid out for themselves.
In post 136, sheepsaysmeep wrote: where my crappy page 6 world building takes me is

sheep town

im surprisingly confident in political clout and hpz being town

dunn and imaginality are ok

and I think dunn and nurse are the scummiest

except I dont feel like dunn and nurse are w/w... I dont think the stance drew chooses to take there after subbing in is to back Dunn's push on nurse if he just subbed into a team with nurse
intent to hammer RN
In post 152, Political Clout wrote:
intent to hammer RN
VOTE: random nurse fingers and big toes crossed.
In post 159, Political Clout wrote:
In post 158, heipizhu4 wrote: So who should we investigate on?
whoever you have a null read on, not who you have a scum read on. if they're scum you end up with no information as you were already trying to eliminate them.
In post 160, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I dont feel like this is something that is good to publicly discuss.
In post 161, sheepsaysmeep wrote: but yeah I'll offer a general thing, in this setup it's better to aim relatively scummier. cuz inno results are unlikely to be useful but guilty results are useful
In post 171, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 48, Political Clout wrote:
In post 46, heipizhu4 wrote:
In post 39, Political Clout wrote: I've been thinking about this too we can instead of hypoclaim claim who we are going to check d1 before the hammer. I think it would be beneficial to do this because it let's us know who everyone is actually suspicious of, who the 2 pr's would have been on if one of them flips, the objection i see is that what if the pr's target someone who is town and the pr's end up murdered. I think we can get around this by randomly assigning who checks who like from the playerlist the person above checks the person below them or something. and keep in mind we can say we are doing this but at the end of the day the person who has the role can do whatever they want. I think if they are murdered in that way we can be more honest in our inspection of who we are questioning.
If I remembered it right, this is a wwf stragegy, right? It worked in wwf because the peer sheriff have the ability to pass the sheriff role out after they die, and can give out info via the passing process. (No idea if the terminology is correct, cause I play the game in Chinese with my friends, but hopefully you got the idea)
now that I think about it more with what you said heip the strategy for this game is for town to claim outright to confuse and hide the pr's. like multiple people would claim cop and multiple people would claim seer and then at the end of the day they would claim who they would be on if they want to. and if a "cop" or "seer" died at night we would know if it was mafia or werewolves. I don't know if we nolim I think it's worth considering since it appears this setup is scumsided and while there are a lot of things that might lead to this one of them might definitely be the meta of this site to lynch day 1. I definitely remember playing a variation of this game somewhere. it's escaping me rn, but I think that's the optimal strategy. also I think it's a good strategy because whoever is red would want to claim the role they might cc. so there would definitely probably be a scum in both the ones who claimed seer and the ones who claimed cop or alternatively both scum might jump onto one role. I think this small shift in perspective of there is definitely one scum in the other group can be very helpful when looking at the game or when there are a lot more claims on one side their is probably two scum there making the other side virtually clear. I should probably read what others did before us and look up an old carbon game.
In post 181, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I think my inclination was like dunn/imaginality

dunn.. i was gonna call it scummy how he just poked nurse and waited for that to get nurse limmed and didnt rly sort stuff outside that? but I remember meta descriptions of dunn calling that spotchy focus town for him and I guess I believe that

political might actually be my top town

ehh
In post 186, Political Clout wrote: VOTE: imaginality

I'm hard claiming seer, imag is a werewolf.

The whole thing day 1 was just to hide my actual role and so I wouldn't die in the night. I think I achieved that fairly well. But I think the whole wifom of me claiming cop is marinating in towns mind and leading them down dark paths. overall I am claiming today partly because of that instead of continuing to hide and I caught a wolf, partly because nothing is really happening this game and maybe this can jump start it and town can figure out who the last wolf is tomorrow when I die tonight.
In post 188, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 183, Dunnstral wrote: The thing with what political did is that based on reactions scum can rule out who is not the cop. Depending on how Heip reacted.
do u think it was deliberate from pc to try to hunt the cop
In post 192, sheepsaysmeep wrote: PC who would u think imaginality's partner is. what are ur reads
In post 193, Political Clout wrote:
In post 172, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I guess it feels like that was a bit towny of u tho lol
In post 174, sheepsaysmeep wrote: to be honest doctor drew my inclinations here are that you are the person I'd want to vote
is it towny of him or is it scum of him what is this.
In post 194, sheepsaysmeep wrote: and what do u think about the nightkill

it feels like you havent had much of an interest in solving unless ive prodded u
In post 195, Political Clout wrote:
In post 177, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I forgot some things I thought yesterday like your apparent unpartneredness
what were you thinking yesterday?
In post 196, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 172, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I guess it feels like that was a bit towny of u tho lol
In post 174, sheepsaysmeep wrote: to be honest doctor drew my inclinations here are that you are the person I'd want to vote
scummy overall, ever slightly towny sequence of posts though; im not confident
In post 197, Political Clout wrote:
In post 181, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I think my inclination was like dunn/imaginality

dunn.. i was gonna call it scummy how he just poked nurse and waited for that to get nurse limmed and didnt rly sort stuff outside that? but I remember meta descriptions of dunn calling that spotchy focus town for him and I guess I believe that

ehh
and you were thinking this yesterday? I can see dunn being the other wolf. he just pops in like once yesterday and never said anything ever again.
In post 198, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 177, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I forgot some things I thought yesterday like your apparent unpartneredness
it's in my posts at the end of yesterday lol
In post 199, Political Clout wrote:
In post 192, sheepsaysmeep wrote: PC who would u think imaginality's partner is. what are ur reads
dunn probably you maybe. dunn feels like he has just talked about setup and that's all I remember about their slot.
In post 200, Political Clout wrote:
okay I'll read back I gtg and eat. brb.
In post 201, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
dunn probably you maybe. dunn feels like he has just talked about setup and that's all I remember about their slot.
why do you rule out drew; can you summarize your thoughts on him?
In post 203, sheepsaysmeep wrote: gah

I guess if the guilty is real that reinforces my drew/imaginality team theory that I like?? but like suddenly I thought about PC and doubted my townread lol

pedit oh wow
In post 204, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 202, imaginality wrote: Also @sheep can you explain your town read on PC?
town pc: very in your face, trying to get what he thinks is good to happen, lots of questioning

scum pc: seems a bit more nervous and appease-y vibes
In post 205, sheepsaysmeep wrote: why did you check drew over PC?
In post 207, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I thought there was gonna be some logical fallacy behind PC claiming cop as seer

but it actually makes perfect sense based on his strategy lol

if he claims seer, and seer is the True cop, he wont die cuz he claimed cop

if he claims seer, and seer is useless, then he might die and then the real cop knows that cop is valid and is living

it actually works geniusly bruh
In post 209, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 208, imaginality wrote:
I thought if PC is scum I might be the NK considering I was heavily suspicious of PC all D1, so I didn't think it likely I'd live to claim a guilty. Whereas I could see Drew as an under the radar scum and thought that scum teams with Drew would have less reason to target me.
ok this makes sense to me
In post 214, sheepsaysmeep wrote: god

wouldnt it be a weird lucky coincidence if PC was scum fakeclaiming seer guilty on imaginality and then imaginality was the real seer ????? I feel like this points in PC's favor

I feel like if PC was scum and then the seer was anyone other than imag he wouldve been screwed over

p-edit fair enough
In post 215, sheepsaysmeep wrote: god

I find imaginality iso actually fairly towny except disagreeing with most points of his PC push

In post 218, sheepsaysmeep wrote: the thing is. if I didnt have meta I'd be scumreading PC in this game. and in my last towngame with him, Without meta, I reached a confident townread. ??

but at the same time based on meta he's still a confident townread lmao

like which way I vote is almost a question of personal philosophy

Very different to the previous two posts. Lots of conversation between the two particularly from sheep to PC. Sheep basically has a meta read on PC most of the game but doubts it more recently.
That's fakeable but I think is genuine for town to have doubts/paranoia at this point whereas I don't think scum sheep would bother faking that compared with just sticking with the town meta read as reason to believe PC. Also sheep did ask others for their views on PC's other games so feels genuine.

It's interesting to note sheep and PC were the last two votes on RN, in quick succession. So is that PC seizing a quicklim chance or scum coordinating on a quicklim? I think if scum coordinating maybe less likely PC declares intent rather than just hammer. To me that fits more with scum wanting to hammer but waiting for their buddy's approval maybe.

Summary: I think unlikely to be buddies
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:21 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I've changed my mind and am leaning towards imaginality being the real seer and Political Clout being mafia. I do think it is possible for Political Clout to have guessed imaginality see based on the way the rest of us acted - I am usually more careful with revealing role info but don't feel like I did due diligence this day 2.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:31 pm

Post by imaginality »

Spoiler: PC's reads and votes

In post 39, Political Clout wrote:
In post 29, heipizhu4 wrote: Someone should pour gasoline before this game dies
VOTE: PC
Real vote.
VOTE: PC realer vote!

I've been thinking about this too we can instead of hypoclaim claim who we are going to check d1 before the hammer. I think it would be beneficial to do this because it let's us know who everyone is actually suspicious of, who the 2 pr's would have been on if one of them flips, the objection i see is that what if the pr's target someone who is town and the pr's end up murdered. I think we can get around this by randomly assigning who checks who like from the playerlist the person above checks the person below them or something. and keep in mind we can say we are doing this but at the end of the day the person who has the role can do whatever they want. I think if they are murdered in that way we can be more honest in our inspection of who we are questioning.

so I could say like I am going to peak at random nurse tonight. I think this is a great idea. what you guys think?
In post 65, Political Clout wrote:
In post 63, imaginality wrote: VOTE: PC

I disagree with heip (though I do townread heip) - I don't think town are likely to risk self voting to put themselves at E-1 on D1 of a micro.

Also the proposed strategy of all claiming role and target D1 is a great way to ensure we never get a guilty and if scum don't happen to be targeted by the right type, then the NK could seriously mislead us D2.
i deliberately didn't say I was at -1 because I wanted to see what people would say and do, why didn't you?

and secondly it's a proposed strategy you can dislike it and it doesn't mean you have to follow it if you think not claiming a target is better then that's fine simply don't claim a target? it feels like a crazy nitpick to me coupled with the fact that you saying it makes me think it's a reason for voting me. Like hey this part of your strategy doesn't make sense but like you don't have to use that part of the strategy.

VOTE: imaginality

I'm am claiming cop and will be checking someone tonight.
In post 67, Political Clout wrote:
In post 66, imaginality wrote: It seems too risky to vote yourself to E-1.
It's less risky if you're scum and know your buddy won't quickhammer you.

You claiming cop just makes me all the more sure you are scum because a cop voting themselves to E-1 would be doubly daft.

Unlike other bad mech plans I've seen in various games your one smelled scum-motivated to me. Like not considering the D2 wifom risks at all. I think town aligned players would more likely be alert for that.

Your response to my vote seems jumpy and omgussy, my vote stays.
is that your whole read? it's to risky to place yourself at -1? please regale me of all the times you were in a micro and someone hammered during rvs. saying it's less risky because one person won't hammer me doesn't even approach being a good argument. Because your argument hinges on the antecedent of all micros and quickhammering if you're right that it happens then as scum I shouldn't ever do that because as scum I only know one person won't hammer me it doesn't make it less risky especially if all the quickhammers that happened in all micros are done by town or if they are done by scum. so as soon as you get that data please let me know. Your reasoning is terrible.

I don't know if you're reading my strategy or not but it seems like you're operating on the fact that you haven't read it if so that's okay. I point out what I think the most optimal thing to do this game and then acted on it, or are you like ignoring it completely?

what are the d2 wifom risks? because I think you are using the absolutely worst outcome of my strategy and using that to argue against it. like you won't accept anything short of a perfect strategy that will let you 100% win in a social deduction game. I already said we didn't have to say who we are targeting, but that probably won't be good enough for you either.

I think my self vote did exactly what I wanted it to. find scum. you revealed yourself with your terrible argument about what town and scum would absolutely do in every single universe that exists and because town and scum would only do that I am scum.
In post 86, Political Clout wrote:
In post 80, imaginality wrote: TLDR readslist:

Dunnstral, sheep
Ceejay, heip
PC, RN

If I'm wrong on PC (I have no idea how reliable sheep's town meta read on PC is) ceejay can be the other scum slot

Back to sickbed hope to post more fully tomorrow
now who's being omgussy? ceejay hasn't said anything of substance.
that their meta data post was extremely weird! the longer the game goes on with them doing nothing...it's basically just self immolation as either alignment. I'm fine with dunn pushing random nurse. If anything I agree with random nurse that nothing has really happened but them not pushing the game forward also doesn't help them by their own account. Do I believe their meta data post or do I just ignore it and see the content of their posts? I should when I have time see if they posted it in other games if they haven't and it is unique to this game then they ought to really follow what they have laid out for themselves.
intent to hammer RN
intent to hammer RN

The whole thing day 1 was just to hide my actual role and so I wouldn't die in the night. I think I achieved that fairly well. But I think the whole wifom of me claiming cop is marinating in towns mind and leading them down dark paths. overall I am claiming today partly because of that instead of continuing to hide and I caught a wolf, partly because nothing is really happening this game and maybe this can jump start it and town can figure out who the last wolf is tomorrow when I die tonight.

ehh
and you were thinking this yesterday? I can see dunn being the other wolf. he just pops in like once yesterday and never said anything ever again.
In post 229, Political Clout wrote:

I think the inno on drew is probably alignment indicative but I'm not exactly sure on the alignment.
In post 241, Political Clout wrote:

srs question: to you defensiveness equals/has towny qualitys?

I want you to believe me. I'm pushing fairly hard because I am flat out thunderdoming with him unless you or imag have forgotten that. consider his play in this perspective he is defensive because he has been caught and is no longer interested in playing the game but has to play to his wincon. like you are not looking at motivations here at all and that concerns me.
RVS-votes sheep, self-votes, then omgus votes me. Defends ceejay/Drew, approves of Dunn pushing RN, hammers RN. Claims guilty on me, suspects Dunn as scum!me's buddy, fencesits on Drew, is concerned by Drew thinking I might be inno.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:05 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 258, Doctor Drew wrote: I am actually a secret alt of CeeJay, so all is good.

I honestly don't know what to make of the seer war, I am now leaning a way but will keep it close to vest for now.
What are the benefits to staying quiet?
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:39 am

In post 263, Dunnstral wrote: I've changed my mind and am leaning towards imaginality being the real seer and Political Clout being mafia. I do think it is possible for Political Clout to have guessed imaginality see based on the way the rest of us acted - I am usually more careful with revealing role info but don't feel like I did due diligence this day 2.
justify this because I don't see any progression at all. It feels a lot like while towns away the scum will play. imag starts posting and then you start posting about me being scum makes me worried about prior communication in a private pt.
Ya basic!
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:51 am

In post 262, imaginality wrote:
Spoiler: PC and sheep interactions

In post 38, sheepsaysmeep wrote: VOTE: pc
In post 37, sheepsaysmeep wrote: Let’s just call my townreads on Dunn and imagine correct and then our chance of hitting mafia is like 50%!!!11!1!1
In post 40, sheepsaysmeep wrote: E-1 btw lol
In post 42, Political Clout wrote:

I disagree? I think it creates wifom and if scum are paranoid about getting checked, like it doesn't have to be in any particular order it's mainly their for distraction and to pressure scum into fumbling the kill.

In post 43, sheepsaysmeep wrote: Ehhhhh I guess I see the point more now

I disagree with it because:
a) personally if I were mafia I would probably just ignore it because the chance real cop targets is kinda low enough
b) it could force the real cop to do suboptimal checks. like maybe the useful role gets randed onto a person who was already obvious town anyway and it’s sorta wasted

but idk we can see what others think
In post 50, sheepsaysmeep wrote: PC do u have a completed scumgame
In post 68, sheepsaysmeep wrote: interesting
In post 69, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I think PC is within town meta.

in the newbie game I played with him he was reallyyyy aggressive and confrontational, and I correctly townread him for the way . I was actually going to call the imaginality/pc thing w/w lol but I thought more and PC just seems town so nvm
In post 70, sheepsaysmeep wrote: that is not a finished post

I correctly townread him that game for the way he turned his interactions Into a really big thing. each time someone said something to him he like amplified it with a bunch of stuff in response.

the game he linked feels surprisingly different; I feel lucky that he seems so polarized lol. that game is like, way more mellow and agreeable and with broad views on all the players rather than honing in on people

In post 84, Political Clout wrote:

I was completely wrong that game and scum were just sitting back and doing nothing and I called scum town. It felt like I was creating chaos instead of helping town. Plus I'm a bit busy with another game currently and this game hasn't taken off.
In post 87, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 80, imaginality wrote: If I'm wrong on PC (I have no idea how reliable sheep's town meta read on PC is)
I am not insanely confident but hpz saying something similar 2 posts above you makes me feel better about it
In post 89, sheepsaysmeep wrote: if anyone wants to read:

viewtopic.php?sid=&f=50&t=91019&user_select%5B%5D=17484

this is the PC town game in question, heipizhu was also In it
this the very different scum game that he linked
In post 136, sheepsaysmeep wrote: where my crappy page 6 world building takes me is

sheep town

im surprisingly confident in political clout and hpz being town

dunn and imaginality are ok

and I think dunn and nurse are the scummiest

except I dont feel like dunn and nurse are w/w... I dont think the stance drew chooses to take there after subbing in is to back Dunn's push on nurse if he just subbed into a team with nurse
intent to hammer RN
intent to hammer RN
In post 159, Political Clout wrote:
In post 158, heipizhu4 wrote: So who should we investigate on?
whoever you have a null read on, not who you have a scum read on. if they're scum you end up with no information as you were already trying to eliminate them.
In post 160, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I dont feel like this is something that is good to publicly discuss.
In post 161, sheepsaysmeep wrote: but yeah I'll offer a general thing, in this setup it's better to aim relatively scummier. cuz inno results are unlikely to be useful but guilty results are useful
In post 171, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 48, Political Clout wrote:
In post 46, heipizhu4 wrote:
In post 39, Political Clout wrote: I've been thinking about this too we can instead of hypoclaim claim who we are going to check d1 before the hammer. I think it would be beneficial to do this because it let's us know who everyone is actually suspicious of, who the 2 pr's would have been on if one of them flips, the objection i see is that what if the pr's target someone who is town and the pr's end up murdered. I think we can get around this by randomly assigning who checks who like from the playerlist the person above checks the person below them or something. and keep in mind we can say we are doing this but at the end of the day the person who has the role can do whatever they want. I think if they are murdered in that way we can be more honest in our inspection of who we are questioning.
If I remembered it right, this is a wwf stragegy, right? It worked in wwf because the peer sheriff have the ability to pass the sheriff role out after they die, and can give out info via the passing process. (No idea if the terminology is correct, cause I play the game in Chinese with my friends, but hopefully you got the idea)
now that I think about it more with what you said heip the strategy for this game is for town to claim outright to confuse and hide the pr's. like multiple people would claim cop and multiple people would claim seer and then at the end of the day they would claim who they would be on if they want to. and if a "cop" or "seer" died at night we would know if it was mafia or werewolves. I don't know if we nolim I think it's worth considering since it appears this setup is scumsided and while there are a lot of things that might lead to this one of them might definitely be the meta of this site to lynch day 1. I definitely remember playing a variation of this game somewhere. it's escaping me rn, but I think that's the optimal strategy. also I think it's a good strategy because whoever is red would want to claim the role they might cc. so there would definitely probably be a scum in both the ones who claimed seer and the ones who claimed cop or alternatively both scum might jump onto one role. I think this small shift in perspective of there is definitely one scum in the other group can be very helpful when looking at the game or when there are a lot more claims on one side their is probably two scum there making the other side virtually clear. I should probably read what others did before us and look up an old carbon game.

ehh

In post 188, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
do u think it was deliberate from pc to try to hunt the cop
In post 194, sheepsaysmeep wrote: and what do u think about the nightkill

it feels like you havent had much of an interest in solving unless ive prodded u
In post 196, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
scummy overall, ever slightly towny sequence of posts though; im not confident

ehh
In post 200, Political Clout wrote:
okay I'll read back I gtg and eat. brb.
In post 201, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
why do you rule out drew; can you summarize your thoughts on him?
In post 203, sheepsaysmeep wrote: gah

I guess if the guilty is real that reinforces my drew/imaginality team theory that I like?? but like suddenly I thought about PC and doubted my townread lol

pedit oh wow
In post 204, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 202, imaginality wrote: Also @sheep can you explain your town read on PC?
town pc: very in your face, trying to get what he thinks is good to happen, lots of questioning

scum pc: seems a bit more nervous and appease-y vibes
In post 207, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I thought there was gonna be some logical fallacy behind PC claiming cop as seer

but it actually makes perfect sense based on his strategy lol

if he claims seer, and seer is the True cop, he wont die cuz he claimed cop

if he claims seer, and seer is useless, then he might die and then the real cop knows that cop is valid and is living

it actually works geniusly bruh
In post 209, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 208, imaginality wrote:
I thought if PC is scum I might be the NK considering I was heavily suspicious of PC all D1, so I didn't think it likely I'd live to claim a guilty. Whereas I could see Drew as an under the radar scum and thought that scum teams with Drew would have less reason to target me.
ok this makes sense to me
In post 214, sheepsaysmeep wrote: god

wouldnt it be a weird lucky coincidence if PC was scum fakeclaiming seer guilty on imaginality and then imaginality was the real seer ????? I feel like this points in PC's favor

I feel like if PC was scum and then the seer was anyone other than imag he wouldve been screwed over

p-edit fair enough
In post 215, sheepsaysmeep wrote: god

I find imaginality iso actually fairly towny except disagreeing with most points of his PC push

In post 218, sheepsaysmeep wrote: the thing is. if I didnt have meta I'd be scumreading PC in this game. and in my last towngame with him, Without meta, I reached a confident townread. ??

but at the same time based on meta he's still a confident townread lmao

like which way I vote is almost a question of personal philosophy

Very different to the previous two posts. Lots of conversation between the two particularly from sheep to PC. Sheep basically has a meta read on PC most of the game but doubts it more recently.
That's fakeable but I think is genuine for town to have doubts/paranoia at this point whereas I don't think scum sheep would bother faking that compared with just sticking with the town meta read as reason to believe PC. Also sheep did ask others for their views on PC's other games so feels genuine.

It's interesting to note sheep and PC were the last two votes on RN, in quick succession.
So is that PC seizing a quicklim chance or scum coordinating on a quicklim
? I think if scum coordinating maybe less likely PC declares intent rather than just hammer. To me that fits more with scum wanting to hammer but waiting for their buddy's approval maybe.

Summary: I think unlikely to be buddies
it's interesting that you're just manipulating what happened yesterday in a really shitty way. because how on earth are you going to line up all these chain lims saying I'm plausible partners with everyone and say this? you're logic is blatantly ridiculous and I hope everyone see's that.
Ya basic!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:22 am

Post by SirCakez »

Fixed the ceejay error in VCs
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:37 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 266, Political Clout wrote:
In post 263, Dunnstral wrote: I've changed my mind and am leaning towards imaginality being the real seer and Political Clout being mafia. I do think it is possible for Political Clout to have guessed imaginality see based on the way the rest of us acted - I am usually more careful with revealing role info but don't feel like I did due diligence this day 2.
justify this because I don't see any progression at all. It feels a lot like while towns away the scum will play. imag starts posting and then you start posting about me being scum makes me worried about prior communication in a private pt.
I think you could have claimed a guilty on imaginality without being the real seer. The cop died so that was the only thing to claim.

If you are mafia then you could have been trying to get reactions for the cop which could have been the actual important investigative role.

I might be willing to vote between dr drew and sheep today on the basis that a flip of mafia instead of wolf could give more info. And we already have the game split into 2 categories: you/imaginality and me/drew/sheep.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:09 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 269, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 266, Political Clout wrote:
I think you could have claimed a guilty on imaginality without being the real seer. The cop died so that was the only thing to claim.

If you are mafia then you could have been trying to get reactions for the cop which could have been the actual important investigative role.

I might be willing to vote between dr drew and sheep today on the basis that a flip of mafia instead of wolf could give more info. And we already have the game split into 2 categories: you/imaginality and me/drew/sheep.
I mean, you can't leave yourself out of the lim pool, that just sounds sketchy as fuck.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:41 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 269, Dunnstral wrote: And we already have the game split into 2 categories: you/imaginality and me/drew/sheep.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:09 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

I might be willing to vote between dr drew and sheep
today on the basis that a flip of mafia instead of wolf could give more info. And we already have the game split into 2 categories: you/imaginality and me/drew/sheep.
Maybe you just worded it weird, but you set it up like the lim is between myself and sheep......not you.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:58 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Prodding Sheep
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:01 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 272, Doctor Drew wrote:
I might be willing to vote between dr drew and sheep
today on the basis that a flip of mafia instead of wolf could give more info. And we already have the game split into 2 categories: you/imaginality and me/drew/sheep.
Maybe you just worded it weird, but you set it up like the lim is between myself and sheep......not you.
I'm not willing to vote for myself...

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”