Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:12 am

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 20, biancospino wrote:
In post 19, Random Nurse wrote: Bianco, is it possible you could share all of those Billboard options, including the hidden ones and even any of them that never made it into the game?

I want to see the full scope of these options and I find it inspiring to create a very large game like this in the future.
Spoiler:
you already know all of the projects that are in the game :P
Check addenda §§1-2.

There actually isn't any hidden effect to anything. Note that Wiretap used to be significantly different in the first draft, it returned three random posts (with usernames redacted) from the insurgents' pt. Census used to be "at most one in four", but that was kinda broken. There used to be a line of Developments to discount stuff and allow for three actions per day, but that was scrapped -- the game is too small to allow for that.

I'm interested in creating a large theme game building off this game. It involved 28 players and four 3-member teams of elemental mafia.

Could you share with me how you made those addenda, please?

I'm weighing making it so *Town* earn $100,000/Day, but then also make it so each individual player earns a much smaller amount, like $10,000/Day, and each player has a unique list of different Day or Night actions that player can purchase.

I would add in a one-time "Add a Bank" option to both Town and singular players, so their unspent $$$ doesn't go to waste.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:12 am

Post by Random Nurse »

The prior draft looked something like this:

QUICK NOTES

01) Modified version of BOU: shooting for 28 players.
02) I want this to be a Multiball Elemental Mafia game.
03) Each of the
four
teams have 3 members.
04) 16 : 3 : 3 : 3 : 3
05)
Fire
Mafia
Ice
Mafia
Lightning
Mafia
Earth
Mafia
06) Kills by Mafia are: "
Burned Alive
," "
Frozen to Death
," "
Electrocuted
," and "
Crushed by Rocks
."
07) Each day, the collective Town receives $100,000.
08) This $$$ can be used to perform actions listed and categorized on a Billboard; unspent $$$ goes to waste.
09) These Billboard actions are categorized by "Investigatives," "Voting Manipulation," "Miscellania," and "Special." These are subject to change.
10) There will be a "Project History" section under the Billboard list to keep track of each Billboard action carried out by the Town each Night.
11) "Special" Billboard actions can only be used once, ever.
12) The "Add a Bank" Special Billboard action makes it so that unspent $$$ doesn't go to waste.

HIDDEN NOTES (Only Scum will be informed)

01) Each Mafia team gains $100,000 each Day phase.
02) Each Mafia team will have a list of purchasable actions they can spend their $$$ on.
03) A Night Kill will cost $200,000.
04) Without anything else purchased, Mafia would be able to perform a NK every other Night.
05) $$$ unspent goes to waste, bringing that Mafia team back to $0.
06) Mafia can purchase the "Add a Bank" Billboard action: Unspent $$$ doesn't go to waste. [This "Special" Billboard action can only be used once.]
07) Mafia Billboard actions can be used every other Night.
08) Mafia's "Special" Billboard actions can only be used once.

Billboard

Investigatives
  • Autopsy ($20,000)
    — Discover alignment of a dead, unflipped target.
  • Census ($70,000)
    — Discover if, among five targets, exactly two are Scum. This project can't be bought unless 8 players are alive and at most one Scum is dead.
  • Recount ($40,000)
    — Discover if there were one or more Scum on the wagon for the last execution.
  • Fire-Seeking ($50,000)
    — Discover if target player is Fire Mafia or not; can only be activated during the Day if one-quarter majority vote (rounded up) is reached. Only one Seeking Billboard action can be used on the targeted player each Day.
  • Ice-Seeking ($50,000)
    — Discover if target player is Ice Mafia or not; can only be activated during the Day if one-quarter majority vote (rounded up) is reached. Only one Seeking Billboard action can be used on the targeted player each Day.
  • Lightning-Seeking ($50,000)
    — Discover if target player is Lightning Mafia or not; can only be activated during the Day if one-quarter majority vote (rounded up) is reached. Only one Seeking Billboard action can be used on the targeted player each Day.
  • Earth-Seeking ($50,000)
    — Discover if target player is Earth Mafia or not; can only be activated during the Day if one-quarter majority vote (rounded up) is reached. Only one Seeking Billboard action can be used on the targeted player each Day.
  • Wiretap ($20,000)
    — discover how many posts were made in the Insurgents' PT the last Day and the last Night.
Voting Manipulation
  • Appointed Jury ($40,000)
    — Three targeted players get a PT during the next Day to decide on an extra shared vote to cast for elimination.
  • Mayor election ($30,000)
    — One player is elected Mayor, and their vote (only for executions) is worth two votes for the rest of the game. The Mayor can be deposed during Days if a simple majority agrees. If a new Mayor is elected, the previous one is deposed.
  • Injunction ($30,000)
    — The vote for execution of target player will require a simple majority (50% +1) plus one additional vote. This Billboard action can only be bought if there are at least 9 players.
Miscellanea
  • Neighborhood Watch ($30,000)
    — Tomorrow, all Scum have no daytalk.
  • Sacrifice ($0)
    — If target player is not Scum, they die and Town gets $100,000 more in tomorrow's budget.
Special
  • Intelligentia ($20,000)
    — Discover total number of Scum members.
  • Add a Bank ($60,000)
    — Unspent $$$ no longer goes to waste.
  • Trading Outpost ($40,000)
    — Ups the daily budget to $150,000.
  • Assassination ($90,000)
    — Kill target Player with no flip. This action is guaranteed to go through exactly as planned.
  • Gift Storm ($80,000)
    — Only activated during the Day if a simple majority (50% +1) is reached. Eight random players are given one random elemental shield this day (Elemental 1-Shot Bulletproof status: 1-shot protection from either
    Fire
    Ice
    Lightning
    , or
    Earth
    . For example, one player will receive either "1-Shot Fireproof," "1-Shot Iceproof," "1-Shot Lightningproof," or "1-Shot Earthproof." This Billboard action can only be used once, and only used between Days 1-4.

ON HOLD, FIGURE OUT WHAT TO DO:

• Inquiry ($40,000)
    -- discover if the mod has ever lied.

N.B.: all effects that would set vote weight to two or more, or that would grant extra votes to single Utopians, are disabled if the number of living Citizens is less than two greater than the number of living Insurgents.

• Raffle ($10,000)
    -- 50% chance that a random Citizen gets a fruit.
  • Marriage ($20,000)
    -- two Utopians are united in marriage (if any of them is already married, they divorce first). They gain access to a Spouses' PT. When one of them dies for any reason, the other dies of a broken hearth.

• Inquisition Headquarters ($30,000)
    -- unlocks even more investigative projects.
  • Board of Elections ($10,000)
    -- unlocks more voting manipulation projects.
  • Guildhall ($20,000)
    -- unlocks more miscellanea projects
  • Printing Press ($20,000)
    -- the Journal will also publish a page detailing future projects, hinting at currently locked higher-tier actions.
  • Discovery ($40,000)
    — Discover number of Scum factions. [Useless given the other options]

• Spoiler:

Billboard

Investigatives
    • Intelligentia ($10,000)
      -- discover number of Insurgents
    • Autopsy ($10,000)
      -- discover alignment of a dead target.
    • Inquiry ($40,000)
      -- discover if the mod has ever lied.
    • Census ($50,000)
      -- discover if, among five targets, exactly two are Insurgents. This project can't be bought unless 8 players are alive and at most one Insurgent is dead.
    • Wiretap ($20,000)
      -- discover how many posts were made in the Insurgents' PT the last Day and the last Night.
    • Recount ($60,000)
      -- discover if there were one or more Insurgent on the wagon for the last execution.
    Voting Manipulation

N.B.: all effects that would set vote weight to two or more, or that would grant extra votes to single Utopians, are disabled if the number of living Citizens is less than two greater than the number of living Insurgents.
    • Mayor election ($10,000)
      -- one Utopian is elected Mayor, and their vote (both for execution and for projects) is worth one-and-a-half for the rest of the game. The Mayor can be deposed during Days if a simple majority agrees. If a new Mayor is elected, the previous one is deposed.
    • Appointed Jury ($20,000)
      -- 3 targets Utopians get a PT during the next Day to decide for an extra shared vote to cast for execution.
    • Injunction ($30,000)
      -- the vote for execution of target Utopian will be worth only one-half tomorrow. This project can only be bought if there are at least 5 players.
    Miscellanea
    • Sacrifice ($0)
      -- if target Utopian is not an Insurgent, they die and town gets $20,000 more in tomorrow's budget.
    • Raffle ($10,000)
      -- 50% chance that a random Citizen gets a fruit.
    • Neighborhood Watch ($20,000)
      -- tomorrow, Insurgents have no daytalk.
    • Marriage ($20,000)
      -- two Utopians are united in marriage (if any of them is already married, they divorce first). They gain access to a Spouses' PT. When one of them dies for any reason, the other dies of a broken hearth.
    Developments
    • Inquisition Headquarters ($30,000)
      -- unlocks even more investigative projects.
    • Board of Elections ($10,000)
      -- unlocks more voting manipulation projects.
    • Guildhall ($20,000)
      -- unlocks more miscellanea projects
    • Trading Outpost ($20,000)
      -- ups the daily budget to $70,000.
    • Printing Press ($20,000)
      -- the Journal will also publish a page detailing future projects, hinting at currently locked higher-tier actions.
    • Assassination ($60,000)
      -- Kill target Utopian with no flip. This action is guaranteed to go through exactly as planned.
    Random Nurse
    Random Nurse
    He/Him
    Mafia Scum
    Random Nurse
    He/Him
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:14 am

Post by Random Nurse »

At this point I'm thinking like a singleball 26-player with 7 Mafia members.
    biancospino
    biancospino
    he/she
    compulsive complex Inventor
    biancospino
    he/she
    Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:26 pm

Post by biancospino »

In post 26, Random Nurse wrote: Could you share with me how you made those addenda, please?
    You mean specifically how I made the pictures? They, and the Journal entry, are just typeset in latex; I can DM you the tex files over discord if you really want them, but the code it's really quite trivial tbh.

I'll be honest, a 28p with
    four
    scumteams idk if it can be balanced in any way.
    Spoiler:
    (Btw, I see you do not have any of the currently locked projects in your list. It's good to not post them here because of spoilers and such, but do note that in your role PM you
    are
    aware of them; there are another 12 non-development projects that are still locked. All the more fun stuff in fact)
    Random Nurse
    Random Nurse
    He/Him
    Mafia Scum
    Random Nurse
    He/Him
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:37 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 29, biancospino wrote:
    In post 26, Random Nurse wrote: Could you share with me how you made those addenda, please?
    You mean specifically how I made the pictures? They, and the Journal entry, are just typeset in latex; I can DM you the tex files over discord if you really want them, but the code it's really quite trivial tbh.

I'll be honest, a 28p with
    four
    scumteams idk if it can be balanced in any way.
    Spoiler:
    (Btw, I see you do not have any of the currently locked projects in your list. It's good to not post them here because of spoilers and such, but do note that in your role PM you
    are
    aware of them; there are another 12 non-development projects that are still locked. All the more fun stuff in fact)

If you could DM me them that would be amazing. I don't have Discord, tho.

I figured with those locked lists I'd keep them secret.

I was thinking that it'd take 2-3 Nights before each team can kill, and they'd probably be spending their $$$ on other things to gain info, rather than straight killing. So far I'm holding off on this one.
    biancospino
    biancospino
    he/she
    biancospino
    he/she

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:41 am

Post by biancospino »

Welcome Flavor Leaf and Aureal!
    Aureal
    Aureal
    she/her
    Mafia Scum
    Aureal
    she/her
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum
    Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:00 am

Post by Aureal »

And here I was gonna say that sacrifice was a perfectly valid choice still, we just needed to make sure to get as many people on it as possible to keep the chance of scum controlling it down. Just didn't have the energy to address that too. :?
    In post 24, biancospino wrote: In other news, I have messed up writing the wincons, so very funky things will happen if this gets to exact parity at daystart
    Oh, so could town actually still win if they vote outed scum fast enough at daystart to make that the plurality elimination? Maybe throw in assassinate to boot?

Not gonna happen even if so, they'll probably just be confused and think the insurgent count was wrong.
    "Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
    -furtiveglance
    Aureal
    Aureal
    she/her
    Mafia Scum
    Aureal
    she/her
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:06 am

Post by Aureal »

Scum can hammer no elimination if they think of it to avoid being voted out, but they would need to vote some other project to majority before town hits assassinate.

Of course, they can possibly just use some kill of their own at night to keep fighting, I dunno.
    "Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
    -furtiveglance
    biancospino
    biancospino
    he/she
    biancospino
    he/she

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:13 am

Post by biancospino »

Eh, they can just hammer no execution while voting for assassination themselves. Provided they do that fast enough.

There actually are at least one way to auto win this based pured on mech, no timing required, but nobody seems to have noticed
    Aureal
    Aureal
    she/her
    Mafia Scum
    Aureal
    she/her
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:53 am

Post by Aureal »

Yeah they could vote assassination as well, they just need to think to vote a project as well as hammer no elimination because if there's just one town vote on assassination and nothing else, that's a town controlled vig and then scum are all outed as voting no elimination. Guess it depends on how good their access to scum-controlled kills is.
    -furtiveglance
    biancospino
    biancospino
    he/she
    biancospino
    he/she

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:02 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 35, Aureal wrote: Yeah they could vote assassination as well, they just need to think to vote a project as well as hammer no elimination because if there's just one town vote on assassination and nothing else, that's a town controlled vig and then scum are all outed as voting no elimination. Guess it depends on how good their access to scum-controlled kills is.
    Spoiler:
    Bad. They may have a kill depending on what they do tonight, and they need to do a very specific thing. But They don't look like they're going to do the required thing. They also may have a way to remove half a vote from town, which is as good as a kill, by abusing the mechanics in a particularly funny and goldberg-y way that would actually require voting to send a gift. I don't think they'll do that, most likely they'll just try to bullrush it
    Flavor Leaf
    Flavor Leaf
    Survivor
    Flavor Leaf
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:11 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Well, at least I wasn’t part of that Aureal wagon.

That was bad.
    Flavor Leaf
    Flavor Leaf
    Survivor
    Flavor Leaf
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:13 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 23, biancospino wrote:
    In post 2274, Flavor Leaf wrote: I have got confirmation that my not doweling well was not from being tortured.
    Spoiler:
    Actually, not really; and I made sure to word that very carefully to be true. What I actually have said is that "This [being unwell] is not a hidden aspect of the Torture project".

It is, nonetheless, caused by something the insurgence
    attached to
    the Torture.
    Eh, I still would have considered it as a separate action that scum had to do to it
    Aureal
    Aureal
    she/her
    Mafia Scum
    Aureal
    she/her
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:00 am

Post by Aureal »

Ah, so I
    was
    onto something with Hu Tao's confusion being fake. That would help explain the sudden wagon bumrush.
    -furtiveglance
    Aureal
    Aureal
    she/her
    Mafia Scum
    Aureal
    she/her
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:17 am

Post by Aureal »

Also, it would be really helpful to do a vote count to open the day so it's plain who is alive at that point and what the vote threshold is.
    -furtiveglance
    biancospino
    biancospino
    he/she
    biancospino
    he/she

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:23 am

Post by biancospino »

Welcome, SirCakez!
    SirCakez
    SirCakez
    he/him
    Is A Lie
    SirCakez
    he/him
    Is A Lie
    Is A Lie
    Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:50 am

Post by SirCakez »

Hello
    Isn't this game over at this point?
    Brian Skies - "
    I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
    "

--------------------
    Get to know a Cakez!
    biancospino
    biancospino
    he/she
    biancospino
    he/she

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:54 am

Post by biancospino »

Realistically, yes, but it's still possible for town to win. Almost surely won't happen thou,
    Spoiler:
    the only reasonable path require buying Mayor or Jury and Sacrifice or Autopsy tomorrow, while controlling at least the Mayor/Jury council
    Last edited by biancospino on Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
    SirCakez
    SirCakez
    he/him
    Is A Lie
    SirCakez
    he/him
    Is A Lie
    Is A Lie
    Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:56 am

Post by SirCakez »

Wow idk if they can figure that out but that would be nuts!
    Brian Skies - "
    I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
    "

--------------------
    Get to know a Cakez!
    biancospino
    biancospino
    he/she
    biancospino
    he/she

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:15 am

Post by biancospino »

Well I think the Insurgent have figured it out. Kinda.
    Spoiler:
    Note that Mayor + nothing or anything that costs more than $10,000 still wins them the game. It's a very narrow path for town
    Aureal
    Aureal
    she/her
    Mafia Scum
    Aureal
    she/her
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:26 am

Post by Aureal »

Isn't Mayor disabled at the moment though because there's too few citizens to insurgents?
    -furtiveglance
    biancospino
    biancospino
    he/she
    biancospino
    he/she

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:28 am

Post by biancospino »

No, because only effect that would raise vote weights to "two or more or give additional secret votes to singular Utopians" are disabled. 1.5 is not 2 or more
    Aureal
    Aureal
    she/her
    Mafia Scum
    Aureal
    she/her
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:40 am

Post by Aureal »

That's an "or" though. Half an extra vote is still an extra vote, it doesn't specify a full vote. None of our projects give a whole extra vote to someone, must be insurgent-only.
    -furtiveglance
    biancospino
    biancospino
    he/she
    biancospino
    he/she

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:44 am

Post by biancospino »