DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:51 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

The uPick idea sounds fun

And don't worry, when you release this PT your post count will be bumped up.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:29 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 145, xyzzy wrote:btw, re:mod influence, as a rule I always answer "yes" to the "this game might have any of these elements" question, which includes mod influence. my last game had a role that more or less said "you can submit whatever night action you want. I'll decide if I think it's fair and potentially tweak it if I think it's too powerful." I conferred with the designer of the treestump role on adding the 24 hour clause to make running a dead thread more straightforward, but in terms of how I submitted it to the queue, strictly speaking I could've just made the choice to let dead players into the dead thread immediately and be extremely lolconsequences about it. that being said I didn't want to do that because, as mentioned awhile back, I like to err on the side of making sure the game isn't bullshit.
My bad. I checked and technically you could mod influence in a way that would allow dead players to make game decisions in a way that would be within the site rules.

The key is to have something like non mechanically necessary mod information you need to have list mod approval via marking bastard AND reviewer approval for the specific bastardry. I'd forgotten you got approval for a reviewless game when running this one. I would be fairly disappointed in you as a mod (honestly you're on my shortlist for best mod on site) if you made a game where this kind of direct mod influence (mod influence not precipitated by roles or setup gimmick) took place though.

If you do come up with another setup where you don't navigate all the interactions pregame, I would recommend having a non spoiled person you trust to run setup questions by. Their input should help remove subconscious mod bias like "This team is already winning hard, I should probably rule against them."

FWIW, I think you absolutely made the right call with me being unable to recruit DE and with me being recruited (nowhere is AMWAY referred to as a faction, so it's reasonable that it wouldn't be the main faction). I definitely would have let Theta's modifier apply to the day recruitment, despite how absolutely broken that would have been, because RAW that's how I think it would function, but you made the call that made your game less garbage and I respect that.
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:16 am

Post by Cook »

i'd like to propose a difference in modifier notation

Alignment Modifier Role
versus
Modifier Alignment Role
, where the foremost just affects the named actions to the right, and the second option affects any actions the role takes (or affects the player, versus the roles they have)
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
Cults With Guns //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:06 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 4142, Ranger wrote:
In post 4137, camelCasedSnivy wrote:actually lets keep meuh alive for today: either shes nightkilled or she gets a result
I understand the desire to wait, to be cautious, in case Meuh isn't scum.

However, as I'm rather certain Meuh's the last scum, a Meuh elimination would just end the game in a town win.

We also have a notable townpool.

{Ranger, camelCasedSnivy, KatyKimFanclub} are conftown from being in Cook's role group.
ofrhz's conftown from having shot scum.

We've got nine alive.

If you townbin AniX, then yeeting {Meuh, Skygazer, Ircher, Save The Dragons} brute forces a win.

We don't need to wait for a hypothetical result from Meuh. There's only one scum left alive, so we've got four eliminations with four in the suspect pool.

I'd prefer Meuh > Skygazer > Ircher > STD here. We'll almost assuredly win before we get to STD, because the final scum is in that pool.

I prefer Meuh first because Meuh's
not
playing like her town self and I can accurately read her predecessor Doctor Drew and he was scum, too.
Lol I still think it's ridiculous to think you have a guaranteed mech clear on someone based on guessing who sent in their role.

Also Ranger is so tunnely, which was like a good thing with regard to Cook so I shouldn't complain, but com'on Meuh has a FREAKING MECH CLEAR that doesn't need SPECULATION to confirm her and she's still tunneling her.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:06 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

I'll be mad if Ranger's "clears by mech-association with Cook" loses town the game
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:09 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

And I also found it ridiculous that she preflipped Cook AND Meuh as scum on Day 1 and based on that put like 4-5 player in the mech-cleared category of her readlist which is just... something I'd expect more from a newbie rather than someone like Ranger (who I do think has pretty good reads in general).
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:20 pm

Post by Bingle »

I can confirm that I knew ranger was wrong about submitters on D1.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:02 am

Post by Enchant »

My tryings to find ninja which are not ninja but modifier granted was hilarious because i called one scum ninja for wrong reason and teamed them with traitor as "team" for another wrong reason.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:18 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 155, DragonEater70 wrote: And I also found it ridiculous that she preflipped Cook AND Meuh as scum on Day 1 and based on that put like 4-5 player in the mech-cleared category of her readlist which is just... something I'd expect more from a newbie rather than someone like Ranger (who I do think has pretty good reads in general).
Ranger seems to be very weak towards tunneling slots that are actively playing in a certain way for whatever reason and having trouble reevaluating
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:53 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

I don't get it

Does everyone actually believe blindly that KKFF is mech cleared? Why???
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:43 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Honest question to everyone:

Considering my role flip which is 90% identical to my claim, do you think AniX was justified in scumreading me heavily off of my claim? (I think definitely not, because my role literally did nothing to prevent AniX's mechsolve which btw never actually came into fruition)

Also, considering again that AniX thought my role was fake, do you think I could have prevented myself getting vigged by claiming my real role on Day 2, even though it's 90% identical? (I think probably not, but open to to critique. I'm asking because I want to improve my play in the future.)
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:14 am

Post by Enchant »

I think it's simple bias against lying about role unless justified.

I would't care.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:18 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

cool
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:13 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

@Mod am I allowed to quote mod communication / PTs here?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:16 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 160, DragonEater70 wrote: Honest question to everyone:

Considering my role flip which is 90% identical to my claim, do you think AniX was justified in scumreading me heavily off of my claim? (I think definitely not, because my role literally did nothing to prevent AniX's mechsolve which btw never actually came into fruition)

Also, considering again that AniX thought my role was fake, do you think I could have prevented myself getting vigged by claiming my real role on Day 2, even though it's 90% identical? (I think probably not, but open to to critique. I'm asking because I want to improve my play in the future.)
Generally in an actual massclaim like this one you shouldn’t lie about your role and AniX was completely justified in vigging you. Your claim was scummy as shit.

Also, I heavily implicated you mechanically via Amway shit.

And yeah, it’s pretty much always reasonable to shoot someone who lies in massclaim, is called out on it, and then continues not fullclaiming. They have literally proven themselves to be untrustworthy.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:07 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

If I were alive right now I would 100% push to kill KKFC, and I am not saying that because I'm spoiled through dead thread. I'm saying that because of this:
In post 4194, Skygazer wrote: pretty sure I have some memory gaps

Meuh - conftown via AniX
Ranger - ?
Save The Dragons - ate baked goods, conftown barring no kill
AniX - vigged DE70
Skygazer - i know i'm town but i also ate baked goods
Ircher - ?
ofrhz - killed yimmy
camelCasedSnivy - ?
KatyKimFanClub - ?
Ranger was locktown based on Dayplay AND based on their play in the hood, CCS is still locktown based on Dayplay and on claim (but I guess this opinion may or may not be controversial), and any half-competent VCA or ISO dive will immediately show you that Ircher can't be scum unless you think he played hard against wincon the entirety of Day 1 for no reason. Like that guy has been persistently voting Cook and defending Aureal in a way that doesn't really work with how scum has played this game so far.

So that leaves Skygazer, StD and KKFC as the PoE limpool.

I personally like Skygazer's and StD's dayplay and didn't really like Katy's, but the kicker is Katy's roleclaim is supposed to be limmed so we can either create another conftown or immediately reveal the last scum, and Katy literally has no intention to solve to there's no benefit for leaving him alive whatsoever... It's the best mechanical play to lim him.

And instead they are thinking about Ircher???? Shake my head.
Yimmy
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any pronouns

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:08 pm

Post by Yimmy »

yeah lol it would be so embarrassing for town to lim ircher
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:08 pm

Post by DkKoba »

yeah ircher was only scum in the aureal scum world lol

its good they have such a tiny PoE tho
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:31 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Yeah
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:27 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 167, DkKoba wrote: yeah ircher was only scum in the aureal scum world lol

its good they have such a tiny PoE tho
I agree that town would lose this game without like nine mechclears. :shifty:
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:03 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

the reason why i thought ircher was scum is at this point a reason for them to be town
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:09 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

What was your reason again?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:20 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 152, Cook wrote: i'd like to propose a difference in modifier notation

Alignment Modifier Role
versus
Modifier Alignment Role
, where the foremost just affects the named actions to the right, and the second option affects any actions the role takes (or affects the player, versus the roles they have)
I use hyphens or brackets as necessary to denote when a modifier is linked to a specific part of a role as opposed to the player themselves, but it would be a cool thing to standardize

Return to “Completed Game Topics”