Eminence in Shadow: Season 1 [Game Over]

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3000 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:57 am

Post by PenguinPower »

UNVOTE: UNVOTE:
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #3001 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:58 am

Post by PenguinPower »

why cakez over me? I thought you were leaning me?
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #3002 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:59 am

Post by PenguinPower »

also - see me not hammering
<(") | (")>
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3003 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:59 am

Post by tired person »

i thought cakes saying that dead town townreading him is "clearing", and that he was 80% sure i was mafia but didn't vote me, felt mafia-like.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3004 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:59 am

Post by tired person »

thanks for unvoting.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3005 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:00 am

Post by tired person »

i mean his entire approach this day phase felt like he was trying to get you to vote me.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3006 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:01 am

Post by tired person »

let's win and then u don't have to blame klick and bingle
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3007 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:01 am

Post by tired person »

In post 3005, tired person wrote: i mean his entire approach this day phase felt like he was trying to get you to vote me, rather than trying to figure out which one of us it was.
ebwop
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3008 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:04 am

Post by tired person »

penguin can u give me like an hour to build a big case on sircakes?
I'm tired.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3009 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:10 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 3001, PenguinPower wrote: why cakez over me? I thought you were leaning me?
He had to, it was his only choice left after you voted him. Again, all of his posts and moves here just look like made up stuff to try to save his position.
See;
In post 2997, tired person wrote:
In post 2991, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 2987, tired person wrote: you are scumreading me for playstyle and it's annoying.
again...no i'm not.
u can say that but it doesn't change the fact that u r. i asked several times and u can't name any reason to scumread me except that cephrir's play could've been scum theater, which again applies to sircakes as well, and then you decide u wanna vote me because i am saying i am clearly town and it's annoying u, which is clearly a playstyle point.

but ok, go read sircakes iso.
In post 2994, SirCakez wrote:
In post 2988, tired person wrote: let me explain my whole thought process yeah

i thought penguin was unlikely to be scum at first because of his cross vote with t3 on day 5. then i didn't die so i decided maybe it wasn't sircakes. then up until post 2964 it looked like sircakes was trying to solve and penguin was trying to go for the easy mislim so i thought it was penguin. then penguing posted 2974 and i thought maybe he wasn't going for the easy mislim and i re-evaluated, and at that point i forgot that sircakes was suspecting me day 6 and townreading penguin, so i thought it'd be easier for a scum penguin to vote sircakes (who i was already scumreading and who i thought was scumreading him) rather than me, so therefore suspecting me was a town move on penguin's part and sircakes later also expressing suspicion of me was scum taking the easy route. but then i remembered that sircakes did express suspicion of me day 6 and did tr penguin day 6 so i'm back to thinking penguin could be scum just going for the easy mislim on me.

but i'm still wary of sircakes because i don't really understand why anybody is clearing him and especially find his comment that he and penguin are more objectively cleared than myself extremely weird, so that's why i asked him what he means by that.
i am finding it really weird today how you are consistently both appealing to me that you are town and still also repeating suspicions that i am scum. it feels to me like you are trying to keep your options open, and the repeated assertions that you are obviously town are not helping.

like i'll be straight up right now, i'm feeling somewhere in the 75-80% chance that you are the scum here because penguin is playing how i'd expect town pengy to be dealing with this while your motivations look very scummy to me
i am not appealing to u, i am trying to make sense of your reads because they are bad reads and i'm tempted to call u scum for these reads, but if u are town then i want to understand how come u have them.
Here he's trying to talk to me and "understand my reads" but then Peng votes him and:
In post 2999, tired person wrote: VOTE: sircakes

u can still unvote.
Immediate desperation vote. If TP is town here nothing has happened that should have suddenly motivated this vote other then needing Penguin to back off. If Penguin was scum then from TP's perspective he just threw the game away. Doesn't make any sense

Also obviously
VOTE: tired person
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3010 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:11 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 3008, tired person wrote: penguin can u give me like an hour to build a big case on sircakes?
And now he suddenly has this big case he's going to build to try to convince you, because he knows he's scum and knows how scummy he looks right now
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3011 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:13 am

Post by SirCakez »

i can't believe I actually had the right person for scum in lilo for once
this never happens
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3012 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:15 am

Post by SirCakez »

I honestly feel like the most incriminating evidence of all for TP from the whole game has been his play today. I've never seen any town do this insane whiplash in claimed reads and stances so transparently based on self-preservation in LiLo ever
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3013 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:16 am

Post by tired person »

In post 3010, SirCakez wrote:
In post 3008, tired person wrote: penguin can u give me like an hour to build a big case on sircakes?
And now he suddenly has this big case he's going to build to try to convince you, because he knows he's scum and knows how scummy he looks right now
how is that even a real thought somebody has

(hint: it's not)
I'm tired.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3014 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:17 am

Post by SirCakez »

How do you have a case on me when two hours ago you weren't even sure I was the scum yet? That's the better question
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #3015 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:35 am

Post by PenguinPower »

sure
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #3016 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:37 am

Post by PenguinPower »

cakez - help me understand the motivation for scum!tp to hop on t3's wagon instead of me?
<(") | (")>
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3017 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:39 am

Post by tired person »

part 1 of the sircakes scumcase:
In post 184, SirCakez wrote:
In post 33, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: sakura town for refusing my advances

alisae town for wanting to yeet kawaii

im so good at this game sometimes
yeah he is scum for sure
In post 333, SirCakez wrote:
In post 328, Dunnstral wrote: Do you have a reason for suspecting Pooky?
He is scum
this is just pure tmi (and also theatering).
In post 1362, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1307, Alisae wrote: I'm too town for elim and I don't even have to try hard to do it
I have to vote this bullshit
VOTE: alisae
as alisae noted below, this feels like a fake read. i also think someone said this post aligns with sircakes' scum meta, and i verified it and it's correct (if u want u can look at hollow knight mafia i think it was, he makes similarly fake votes there).
In post 1408, Alisae wrote:
In post 1362, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1307, Alisae wrote: I'm too town for elim and I don't even have to try hard to do it
I have to vote this bullshit
VOTE: alisae
this is a wolfclaim from cakez btw.
I know him enough to know this

then there's this:
In post 2349, SirCakez wrote: Wheme should definitely claim
In post 2674, SirCakez wrote:
In post 2672, WhemeStar wrote: I’m not claiming until someone has a good reason for me to
We will eliminate you if you don't claim
How's that reason :good:
In post 2717, SirCakez wrote: VOTE: whemestar
I said we would yeet wheme if there wasn't a claim so this is now happening
In post 2727, SirCakez wrote: why did we go from everyone wanting a Wheme claim to suddenly everybody saying it's a bad idea and he shouldn't claim

this reads like scum who is frustrated about not being able to correctly align with the town's trajectory and about losing his prized mislim.

then when it's penguin or t3, he votes penguin (town) over t3 (scum):
In post 2750, SirCakez wrote: T3 or Penguin seems to be the way to go today, I personally think Penguin has been incredibly scummy all game vs T3 having moments of towniness and scumminess but it seems like a lot of people want T3 and I can see the arguments

I have to say I am still harboring suspicions of Wheme but whatever that claim will have to come out eventually and we can analyze it then

VOTE: penguin for now
(it's also interesting to note that here he acknowledges it's penguin or t3 but later, in an attempt to make me look bad for thinking it might be penguin, claims that it wasn't clear cut that the elimination is penguin or t3)

then, next day there's these two posts:
In post 2876, SirCakez wrote: I hate this part of the game I don't trust anybody except Sakura
i don't feel this is a natural progression at all after the previous day phase bingle was very obviously consensus town, and after sakura explained why i was town. it feels like sircakes wanted to keep as many possibilities open for vote and to avoid committing to anything before he knew who is being scunread so that he doesn't make a blunder.

then there's this post:
In post 2886, SirCakez wrote: I think I'm starting today with tired person and JJH main suspects
I agree with TP's assertion that Penguin and T3's interactions don't make sense as S/S

It's probably just JJH
VOTE: jjh
note that between these two posts i basically said the last scum was between him and jjh and i was at that point the loudest voice in the thread. so suddenly after i voice this he goes from not trusting anyone to thinking it's just jjh. how convenient.

part 2 will come soon.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3018 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:56 am

Post by tired person »

part 2 (woth less quotes):

a lot of sircakes' posts feel like they are pointless and are made just to look like he has thoughts or to look towny, but on close scrutiny u can see there's no actual point in making them.

examples:
In post 2108, SirCakez wrote: Pookys probably writing his fake role rn in the scum pt bc he was overconfident and didn't think he'd get caught so early LOL
In post 2117, SirCakez wrote: you'd vote park penguin but not gamma?
In post 2231, SirCakez wrote: VOTE: gamma cuz ya nobody should have to replace into a confscum slot
In post 2961, SirCakez wrote: fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

I hate LiLo so much
(yeah these might be bad examples but i'm too lazy to explain why i disliked these posts)

also, if u assume that i am town and sircakes is scum, then aside from his theater with pooky, sircakes never voted scum except when they were guiltied, while the same can't be said for me (i also voted t3, and cephrir also voted gamma before she was guiltied). and u can say that cephrir's voting was theater because he landed on voting penguin end of day 1, but i think the difference is that cephrir really did try to eliminate gamma/pooky but gave up when he didn't have support (and u can see it by looking at his iso) while sircakes just voted pooky early and then just dropped it off and went after other people (for dubious reasons, imo).

actually even if u assume that i am scum and sircakes is town then he only voted unguiltied scum early in day 1 (because if i am scum he only voted me after i became confirmed scum to him anyway).

the next point is that his scumread on me this day phase has been in bad faith. while u (penguin) maybe don't think it's totally clearing, u at least acknowledged that it doesn't make sense for me to vote t3 over u if i'm scum on day 5. sircakes is straight up ignoring this and pretending this is a non-issue and should be disregarded, and i feel he is doing that in bad faith. he's actually just scumreading me because he felt it'd be easier to get you to vote me than get me to vote you (which is true because you did vote me and i didn't vote you).
I'm tired.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3019 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:00 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 3016, PenguinPower wrote: cakez - help me understand the motivation for scum!tp to hop on t3's wagon instead of me?
here lets look at the timeline:
In post 2686, tired person wrote: VOTE: penguin

finally can continue vote-parking penguin

bye
TP has a self-proclaimed vote park on you here
note that there were obviously not teeth on this push and that it would be easy to disengage as needed (which I now think was intentional)
In post 2699, Sakura Hana wrote: Well it's looking like it's gonna be impossible to eliminate either jjh or T3 today huh
Sakura is already expressing suspicion of T3 here - scum!TP would be aware that he might need to bus at some point today, but obviously a miselim on Penguin would be better so he's there for now.
In post 2700, WhemeStar wrote: VOTE: T3
a T3 vote comes through
In post 2704, Sakura Hana wrote: Oh yeah, we're at evens
VOTE: No Elimination
Sakura says she wants no elim but starts to get talked out of it by JJH and T3
In post 2723, Bingle wrote: Let’s see what this button does.

VOTE: T3
another T3 vote comes through
In post 2724, tired person wrote: whemestar should never claim here.

i'm fine with voting either t3 or penguin. no limming when we have a confirmed town is a bad idea since all it does is get rid of the confirmed town. in fact our highest ev play here is to just sheep sakura on whomever she thinks is scum, since that guarantees we're not sheeping scum.
continues to express suspicion of you as well as T3 mention. also conspiciously locks himself into a sakura sheep here.
In post 2732, tired person wrote: i doubt scum would willingly increase town ev by killing anybody except you.

(lim today > we hit scum 2/7 times. no lim and scum kills you > we hit scum 2/7 times tomorrow. no lim and scum kills another town > we hit scum 2/6 times tomorrow).

who do you want to kill?
this question from TP looking to give him an out on who to vote
In post 2733, Sakura Hana wrote: They still got Wheme's role to deal with, if i die over that then that's fine lol.
As for who i want to kill, im not confident in anyone right now, i'd say T3 but even that's a long shot.
sakura says T3 again. at this point TP is stuck, he has to vote T3, he asked Sakura who she wanted and he already said the best play for town today was to sheep Sakura.

so the conclusion is TP moved to T3 because he had to. there was absolutely zero traction on the penguin wagon, the only other alternative was wheme which also got no traction because some players decided they didn't want his claim at that point. TP backed himself into a corner and had to vote T3 to keep up appearances or risk ending up off-wagon or in a bad position should he get eliminated (as he did). that's why we're now questioning why he did that today. if he hadn't we probably would have won the game already by yeeting him since that seems to be a major point of contention for you for why he could be town.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #3020 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:02 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 3018, tired person wrote: but i think the difference is that cephrir really did try to eliminate gamma/pooky but gave up when he didn't have support (and u can see it by looking at his iso)
Spoiler: ??????
In post 1735, Firebringer wrote:
Having invaded the base that his sister was held at. The seven shadows made quick work of the dastardly cultist. Our hero however managed to...get lost on his way. Somehow he still managed to run into one of the cultist and kill him and save his sister.

Day 1 - Our Story Begins
Vote Count 1.17

Gamma Emerald [4][E-5] - Klick, Penguinpower, ssbm_Kyouko, Cephrir,
Dunnstral [3][E-6] - PookytheMagicalBear, Luka, Sakura Hana,
Alisae [3][E-6] - SirCakez, KawaiiKame,T3,
Whemestar[1][E-8] - Big Chungus Gaming,
jjh927 [1][E-8] - Alisae,
ssbm_kyouko [1][E-8] - Save The Dragons,
Save the Dragons [1][E-8] Whemestar
T3 [1][E-8] - Gamma Emerald,
Big Chungus Gaming [2][E-7]-Dunnstral,

Lurking in Shadows (Not Voting - 1) : jjh927,

With 17 Alive, It Takes 9 to Eliminate.
Deadline is (expired on 2024-01-07 15:45:00)

Mod Note: No current prods. The mod thanks pooky for supplying images so easily.
In post 1737, Big Chungus Gaming wrote: deadline is approaching and im against a dunn kill atp, I think he has demonstrated enough plausibility of being town here and gamma is the only other viable option here and i am likely to be busy this weekend.

VOTE: gamma

willing to flashwagon onto PP, so consider my vote there in spirit.
In post 1745, Klick wrote: Cakez is probably viable as an option
Late-day votes are funzo and I'd go jjh as a flash wagon (and Penguin if it existed)

I'm fairly happy with Gamma vs Dunnstral though
In post 1749, Cephrir wrote: Feeling uneasy about gamma

<(") | (")>
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3021 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:03 am

Post by tired person »

In post 2838, T3 wrote:
In post 2805, jjh927 wrote: Very much feels like they're trying to appear to be doing more than they are doing

but yeah if I'm going to respond to that request to towncase T3 then I will do it in real time, because I think I've set out quite succinctly what makes T3 town and it's there if you actually look for it
TP has recently been ellitelling too - she asked jjh to towncase me, jjh said something to the effect of "I'll point the specific posts out to you at some point," at which point TP visited the site and posted elsewhere but didn't do anything here despite jjh's response.
why would t3 say this about his partner? of i was scum he wouldn't be working so hard to orevent sakura from townreading me, he'd want to help me endgame.
and it's not just this post, there's so many posts from t3 trying to make sakura doubt the tr on me.
In post 2350, T3 wrote: Wheme and Ceph/tired person make sense as scum to me

jjh is probably town for our interactions in the hood, it didn't seem like he was trying to pocket me at all

And yeah, Wheme should claim
he doesn't even bring up sircakes - why?
In post 2075, T3 wrote: I wonder if jjh is scum with Cakez
this is the kind of post that scum makes about their buddy.
I'm tired.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3022 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:04 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 2748, tired person wrote:
In post 2744, jjh927 wrote: I know I have a few more T3 posts to look at and that's what tipped me off initially but are the T3 voters looking at the posts in thread and not seeing a very self-consistent narrative that is backed by a reasonable thought process
i am literally sheeping two confirmed towns: klick and sakura.
i also don't really have a read on t3 while i do have a townread on several people.

can u towncase t3? other than by saying he is clearly town.
and look at this here he even fished for JJH to give him a offwagon
In post 2856, tired person wrote: i don't normally defend myself, but since my lack of defense recently resulted in my miselimination and lost town a virtually solved game, i guess i'm going to have to make this post.
In post 2805, jjh927 wrote: Very much feels like they're trying to appear to be doing more than they are doing
this case on me is an extreme stretch. i've made pretty clear that i have a possible elimination pool of jjh, t3, penguinpower, sircakez. i removed sircakez from my elimination pool because of klick's last will. nothing else that happened has made me feel any different about that elimination pool, so i am "not doing anything". but saying i'm trying to look like i'm doing something is incorrect. if anything, i should be findable as town for not making any effort to look towny.
and again he still had three town in his elimination pool here too

TP is making it out like he was one of the main drivers of getting T3 eliminated over you Penguin when he basically did the minimum of voting T3 and very little else
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3023 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:05 am

Post by tired person »

In post 3020, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 3018, tired person wrote: but i think the difference is that cephrir really did try to eliminate gamma/pooky but gave up when he didn't have support (and u can see it by looking at his iso)
Spoiler: ??????
In post 1735, Firebringer wrote:
Having invaded the base that his sister was held at. The seven shadows made quick work of the dastardly cultist. Our hero however managed to...get lost on his way. Somehow he still managed to run into one of the cultist and kill him and save his sister.

Day 1 - Our Story Begins
Vote Count 1.17

Gamma Emerald [4][E-5] - Klick, Penguinpower, ssbm_Kyouko, Cephrir,
Dunnstral [3][E-6] - PookytheMagicalBear, Luka, Sakura Hana,
Alisae [3][E-6] - SirCakez, KawaiiKame,T3,
Whemestar[1][E-8] - Big Chungus Gaming,
jjh927 [1][E-8] - Alisae,
ssbm_kyouko [1][E-8] - Save The Dragons,
Save the Dragons [1][E-8] Whemestar
T3 [1][E-8] - Gamma Emerald,
Big Chungus Gaming [2][E-7]-Dunnstral,

Lurking in Shadows (Not Voting - 1) : jjh927,

With 17 Alive, It Takes 9 to Eliminate.
Deadline is (expired on 2024-01-07 15:45:00)

Mod Note: No current prods. The mod thanks pooky for supplying images so easily.
In post 1737, Big Chungus Gaming wrote: deadline is approaching and im against a dunn kill atp, I think he has demonstrated enough plausibility of being town here and gamma is the only other viable option here and i am likely to be busy this weekend.

VOTE: gamma

willing to flashwagon onto PP, so consider my vote there in spirit.
In post 1745, Klick wrote: Cakez is probably viable as an option
Late-day votes are funzo and I'd go jjh as a flash wagon (and Penguin if it existed)

I'm fairly happy with Gamma vs Dunnstral though
In post 1749, Cephrir wrote: Feeling uneasy about gamma

i have no response for this other than i hope u give more weight to my other points than to this. i guess i misread cephrir's iso in my skim of it. and i have no idea why he thought that, sorry.
I'm tired.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3024 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:06 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 2378, T3 wrote: With regards to Ceph, he had a weird vote and unvote on Gamma at one point, but I also don't think it really makes sense for him being scum because I can't see a clear scum motivation for making the vote in the first place. On balance that vote/unvote is scummy tho
and if we're gonna talk about T3's iso just look at this post, this is exactly what scum say as distancing to keep them open to be able to vote them later without necessarily adding pressure
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”