Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It/Its

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 696, Gypyx wrote: tbh i'm even thinking there could be 3 scum in the hood? like i'm getting strong town vibes from thomith but the other 3 not so much, there's also something a bit off about how they don't seem too interested in sorting themselves
This neighbourhood is pre-game made, not made by a role? If so, almost certainly not 3 scum within it.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

And you, who have your human heart again, know all their secrets still.
This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
no one else has ever loved this way before.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:52 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 2.02

davesaz (4): Hu Tao, Random Nurse, Thomith, PenguinPower
Naerys (1): Little Will o' Wisp
Random Nurse (1): Naerys

Not Voting (7): Gypyx, Oblivion, Snow2697, geraintm, KayJayQueue, Titus, davesaz

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to secure an execution.

The day deadline is in (expired on 2024-04-06 10:29:00).

Mod Notes: The combined mod ISO is here.
Last edited by biancospino on Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:52 am

Post by PenguinPower »

threes probably a bit much. definitely one. potentially two.
<(") | (")>
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am

Post by Oblivion »

It's different if one player had their choice of who to add to it, but if it was done by role assignment, it does not think that a moderator in a "normal" game would create a scenario in which half a neighbourhood is contained with scum, allowing for a total conversational domination of said hood. It's... it feels wrong.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 702, PenguinPower wrote: threes probably a bit much. definitely one. potentially two.
This is statistically likely correct, still assuming the neighbourhood was based upon pre-game role assignment, yes.
But not older.

Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 700, Oblivion wrote:
In post 696, Gypyx wrote: tbh i'm even thinking there could be 3 scum in the hood? like i'm getting strong town vibes from thomith but the other 3 not so much, there's also something a bit off about how they don't seem too interested in sorting themselves
This neighbourhood is pre-game made, not made by a role? If so, almost certainly not 3 scum within it.
this is a complex normal, so more WIFOM than usual goes in role making, and while on a setup basis design i agree that's weird, i think we can agree that to put a 5 players hood, you need a pretty strong concept behind it, right?
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (9/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am

Post by Gypyx »

and yes the hood was premade
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (9/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am

Post by Thomith »

3 scum in the hood would be crazy :lol:, but tbh Gypyx is the only person I strongly townread in the hood.

Snow seems to be saying the right things and seeming to solve, and does seem to be wanting to progress the game state (he was also advocating for revealing the hood and his reasons felt genuine), so I don't feel that awful about him.

Still not sure about Titus/Dave.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal in sign ups! (7/17)
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am

Post by PenguinPower »

if there are five in there at the start of d1, that's a safe assumption
<(") | (")>
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 708, PenguinPower wrote: if there are five in there at the start of d1, that's a safe assumption
It doesn't think that a role that during Night 0 decides 4 other players to join them in a hood is outside Normal realms, but it is not familiar with what this website defines as "Normal" so.
But not older.

Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 702, PenguinPower wrote: threes probably a bit much. definitely one. potentially two.
can i at least ask you to trust my instinct and not completely shove it to the side? i'm telling you the vibes are extremely off, i could also probably make a decent case on that

bottom text
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 698, Thomith wrote:
In post 684, Gypyx wrote: titus was opposed to revealing this hood but she hasn't updated us for a while and so we (me / thomith / snow kinda) decided to shake things up
To add to this - Me/Gypyx/to an extent Snow wanted to reveal this yesterday when the game started getting a little stale, but opted not to, on the off chance somebody TMI'd the hood, per Titus' suggestion.

We didn't reveal immediately in case there was a PT Cop that we could potentially verify the existence of.
Okay that’s interesting. Thank you for sharing your info with us. What about Dave? He seems to be the least talked about so far since you revealed, of the 5 players in this neighborhood. Do you think this is at all AI from Titus or no? I don’t really think I can comment on the different strategies of a neighborhood but I think I can understand her hesitancy.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:57 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 709, Oblivion wrote:
In post 708, PenguinPower wrote: if there are five in there at the start of d1, that's a safe assumption
It doesn't think that a role that during Night 0 decides 4 other players to join them in a hood is outside Normal realms, but it is not familiar with what this website defines as "Normal" so.
I'm saying this at the risk of sounding condescending, but I promise I'm not trying to be.
If you check the Complex Normal Wiki page, it will tell you exactly what is and isn't possible. This type of ability, I am 99.9% sure, would not qualify as normal.

Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:57 am

Post by Gypyx »

i was thinking titus asking to not reveal could've been trying to bait out a PT cop, which would imo be way more detrimental to the town than shutting down potential fakeclaims, but i kinda was too busy irl to fight about it

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:58 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 712, Thomith wrote:
I'm saying this at the risk of sounding condescending, but I promise I'm not trying to be.
If you check the Complex Normal Wiki page, it will tell you exactly what is and isn't possible. This type of ability, I am 99.9% sure, would not qualify as normal.
Night 0 isn't a thing but you could have a night 1 simultaneous neighborizer neighborizer neighborizer neighborizer which would be a similar thing lol

bottom text
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:58 am

Post by PenguinPower »

you know - i was always under the assumption that normal games were required to be day starts and i can't recall a night start game...but that doesn't seem to be on the wiki anymore.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:59 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 710, Gypyx wrote:
can i at least ask you to trust my instinct and not completely shove it to the side? i'm telling you the vibes are extremely off, i could also probably make a decent case on that
sure. i'm not going to discount anything, but it's falls at the bottom of my likeliness pile
<(") | (")>
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:59 am

Post by Oblivion »

Why do we need to trust your instinct instead of just assuming "the vibes are off, so there's possibly 2 in the hood"?

Besides, it would behoove you as scum to say this if you were indeed the only scum in said hood. It's a great reframing device, to have us look at everyone in that hood save yourself. Dave's already on the block, Snow isn't favourable either... It isn't like this is a situation where it can just rely on "trust me, bro".
But not older.

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 714, Gypyx wrote:
In post 712, Thomith wrote:
Night 0 isn't a thing but you could have a night 1 simultaneous neighborizer neighborizer neighborizer neighborizer which would be a similar thing lol
Ignore me then, my brain is too small to have even comprehended the chaos that would be a simultaneous neighborizer neighborizer neighborizer neighborizer :lol:

Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 716, PenguinPower wrote:
sure. i'm not going to discount anything, but it's falls at the bottom of my likeliness pile
i think even if you don't trust it too much, it's more likely for us to have every scum in the hood than none of them

bottom text
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:02 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 719, Gypyx wrote:
In post 716, PenguinPower wrote:
i think even if you don't trust it too much, it's more likely for us to have every scum in the hood than none of them
Second to the bottom it is then!
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:02 am

Post by PenguinPower »

this whole normal guidelines split into three separate guidelines to reduce complexity just increases the complexity i have to go through to find out what is or isn't allowed in this game

what a w i l d decision
<(") | (")>
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 717, Oblivion wrote:
Why do we need to trust your instinct instead of just assuming "the vibes are off, so there's possibly 2 in the hood"?

Besides, it would behoove you as scum to say this if you were indeed the only scum in said hood. It's a great reframing device, to have us look at everyone in that hood save yourself. Dave's already on the block, Snow isn't favourable either... It isn't like this is a situation where it can just rely on "trust me, bro".
this is partially a bianco setup, and bianco is a mod that loves to put "high concept ideas", and as i said, if i wish i could make a case for it, but really a lot of this hood feels like theater

bottom text
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 719, Gypyx wrote: i think even if you don't trust it too much, it's more likely for us to have every scum in the hood than none of them
i meant the bottom of my likeliness pile in terms of what you quoted. i definitely don't think there is zero scum in there.
<(") | (")>
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 721, PenguinPower wrote: this whole normal guidelines split into three separate guidelines to reduce complexity just increases the complexity i have to go through to find out what is or isn't allowed in this game

what a w i l d decision
Meanwhile, it is just sitting here deciding whether interrogating Gypyx in French is allowed within the rules. Probably not, right?
But not older.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”