Post by Alianna »

Votecount 1.10

humaneatingmonkey (E-2): Eiralox, Umlaut,
Firebringer

Eiralox (E-2): Hu Tao, JacksonVirgo, humaneatingmonkey
JacksonVirgo (1): KayJayQueue
Hu Tao (1): Luka

Not Voting (1): GuyInFreezer

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to secure an execution.

The day deadline is in (expired on 2024-04-23 12:49:04).
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 25
Mini Normal 2337 is in signups with 8/13 slots remaining!
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:10 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

In post 584, Luka wrote: I think the top 3 are relatively spewed town at this point
> top 3 spewed town
> includes him

so it's just kay, right? are you really arguing that you are spewed town?
Luka
Luka
Any
Goon
Luka
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:15 am

Post by Luka »

In post 620, humaneatingmonkey wrote: see, this is how i feel like you're TMI'd as fuck and you keep slipping. because you say things like this like your reads are 10x better and how the fuck would you know if your reads are better if we're in day 1 with so little information on the board
I was working under the assumption that their read list was correct. I was saying that my reads generally align more with their world view.
Luka
Luka
Any
Goon
Luka
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:15 am

Post by Luka »

In post 626, humaneatingmonkey wrote: are you really arguing that you are spewed town?
Yup!
It's mostly just Kay though ^w^
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:25 am

Okay, yeah, Luka I recognize you are being townread by many and maybe I'm wrong about you, so would you tell me what I should be townreading about you? I keep spotting perspective slips from you that I feel so strongly about. And that everybody seems to be downplaying because you've been making a lot of effort to share your reads, which people townread (I don't townread effort, and maybe this is the issue). Have you done anything that you or anyone with the skill level that you're projecting to have wouldn't be doing? I see you mentioned that you having a TWTBAW stance on Eiralox is something you wouldn't take, but I don't understand it. And you're open to eliminating them anyway, which makes the read meaningless - not that I'm against you eliminating them.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:28 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 617, humaneatingmonkey wrote: I'm not convinced that there's a big reveal anyway.
Sure.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:35 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

Help
please and thank you!
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:36 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 631, KayJayQueue wrote:
Help
please and thank you!
Are you asking what it means? Too wolfy to be a wolf.

Can be worded like twtbw and tstbs (too scummy to be scum)
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:37 am

Post by Eiralox »

Help
please and thank you!
too wombatty to be a walrus
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:37 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 632, JacksonVirgo wrote:
Help
please and thank you!
Are you asking what it means? Too wolfy to be a wolf.

Can be worded like twtbw and tstbs (too scummy to be scum)
Yes I was asking what it means.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:37 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Too wicked to be a wallaby
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:40 am

Post by Eiralox »

Why you still voting me Jackson
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:46 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 568, Luka wrote:
In post 550, Alianna wrote: humaneatingmonkey (E-2): Eiralox, Umlaut, Firebringer
Feels icky to be honest but I'll ignore it for post game credit ^w^
Probably
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:47 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 571, Luka wrote:
In post 564, Hu Tao wrote: Yeah for mafia
For everybody. Nobody gives a shit if you go 2/2 if you aren't able to convince people to follow you!
It's a joke. Relax 🤣
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:47 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 574, JacksonVirgo wrote: Luka is more townie than the IC now :)

Idgaf, fuck you
Doubt
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:50 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 617, humaneatingmonkey wrote: VOTE: Eiralox

This is the best place for my vote. I really really want to sheep Firebringer instead but he's just not interested in the game as much as I want him to be. Eiralox has been delaying his big reveal and I'm not convinced that there's a big reveal anyway. Stop making yourself hard to read if you're town, please.
This kinda feels like you're just trying to save yourself and is giving me the pause
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:51 am

Post by Hu Tao »

UNVOTE:
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:52 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Or maybe I'm overthinking in the moment. I'll think it over
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:52 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 578, Luka wrote:
In post 550, Alianna wrote: humaneatingmonkey (E-2): Eiralox, Umlaut, Firebringer
@Eiralox @Umlaut @Firebringer
Aside from their push on me, can you elaborate on the vote?
Also, anybody w/ meta able to tell me if they're a good town or not? Or, at least their general thought process as town.
It was mostly their push on you that made me think about them again, and then I remembered they were replacing Ceejay who had been in my scum pool, and when I looked through their posts I got a bad gut feeling. Let me look through them again and either convince or unconvince myself of it in the process of trying to explain.

Spoiler: a few HEM posts

First of all: this is going to sound really dumb but they made too many joke posts in their intro. One or two is cool, 5-6 is just fluffing.
In post 156, humaneatingmonkey wrote: I think Luka forgetting that FancyPants should be green might be a direct consequence of knowing everyone who is also green! VOTE: Luka
It's not that this is even a bad reason for suspicion, it's just... not enough, when there are already other things happening in the game.
In post 191, humaneatingmonkey wrote: Lame.

Your naked votes are useless. If you're gonna hide behind my wagon, at least pretend to have some thought with it. Lather it with words and make yourselves readable.
I don't like this post because it's not a useful thing to push on. If you want Eiralox's reasoning then ask for it, but this complaint isn't going anywhere unless HEM thinks it makes Eira scum, and naked-voting is far too common a practice, for better or worse, for HEM to really think it is meaningfully >rand scum.
In post 195, humaneatingmonkey wrote: Hi, my name is Eiralox and I think I'm so cool because I use words like 'onus'. That's right! Also, I like naked voting because I'm lame and one time in sixth grade I pooped myself in the school bus.
Actually I find this more rude than scummy in a vacuum, but based on my (admittedly very outdated) experience with HEM they are not rude like this. HEM, is this a reaction test or what?
In post 197, humaneatingmonkey wrote: He says, thinking he has the high ground despite naked voting.
In post 199, humaneatingmonkey wrote: Ah I see. So your vote is pointless and you're not really looking for anything? Gotcha.
Like seriously chill out about this. Why didn't you get on my case the same way for naked-voting you? What's the difference?
In post 239, humaneatingmonkey wrote: To Luka or anyone else who might use this argument: I am less convinced about "too wolfy to be wolf" arguments because sometimes wolves can just be wolves and sometimes the instinct to call them wolfy is right. I feel like I need to be able to weigh it against all other instances where I can label their behavior as town if I want to really cross them out of my pool. Would you disagree?
In post 243, humaneatingmonkey wrote: Do you imagine anyone else joining you in Hu Tao's wagon in the meantime? And you have described Eiralox as "too wolfy"... but Hu Tao seems wolfier for you?
There is nothing wrong with these posts and I saw some other people give HEM points for "good questions" here, but really they are not hard questions for scum to ask. Finding a seeming contradiction and poking at it is the easiest way to fake scumhunting which is something any half-competent scum player must do. (This is not to say these posts make HEM scum but that they don't make them town.)
In post 364, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 362, JacksonVirgo wrote: Oh you're right. Do you think this comes from a wolf more than it comes from a town just overlooking it?
How can you overlook something that you already have been informed by? If you're working on a solve, you should have internalized it at that point - and even before grilling someone else about it. It's still possible they did, but I think it leans scum.
Okay, this is the point where I get the sense that HEM is faking a tunnel on Luka because they think it is a defensible stance for them to take. They
know
it's possible Luka missed this as town, because Luka did in fact miss this as town, so they make a nod to that, but then say it "leans scum." But they are making Luka their star scumspect, not just "leaning scum" on them! Indeed they follow up later with
In post 497, humaneatingmonkey wrote: Nah, you slipped. It must have been weak, but it's definitely true. You're scum VOTE: Luka
If they think it's a surefire definite slip, why say it's "still possible" town missed it? Only because they are trying to be sure they aren't caught saying anything outright refutable. This is a scummy way to push a wagon and it's enough to put HEM at the bottom of my reads.

I first told HEM their push on Luka was bad because I wanted to see their response to me before voting. But a few hours later having not seen a response and with the discussion seeming dead, I decided I might as well vote since I already liked him for scum better than I did KayJay, who honestly made a fair point in . She's right, scum would more likely just take the TR and not disturb it unless they had some goal in mind.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:59 am

Post by Umlaut »

There are a lot of new posts and there is maybe a 30% chance I actually read and retain them but I still remember that I really hated and looking back I still hate it. Wanting to end the day quickly while still being undecided on your own reads is an unnatural position for town to take, normally it's either "can we just launch X already because we all know they're town" or "I need more time to think about this." I particularly don't like that Hu Tao suggests this because
she
is terrible at day 1, independent of whether maybe someone else might be good at it. Could vote here.

I really have no idea about Luka independently but HEM-Luka is definitely not svs. (I try to cultivate the habit of saying obvious things out loud)
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:00 am

Post by Umlaut »

Wait, it was more than that I hated, 551 was just the one I replied right after.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:03 am

In post 643, Umlaut wrote: for HEM to really think it is meaningfully >rand scum.
I don't think the naked vote leans scum inherently, I just wanted to force them to verbalize why they naked voted so they can be readable.
In post 643, Umlaut wrote: HEM, is this a reaction test or what?
Eiralox was trying to be sassy, so I went sassy. When they started to stonewall me, I brought it back to a level but they kept stonewalling me.
In post 643, Umlaut wrote: Why didn't you get on my case the same way for naked-voting you? What's the difference?
Part of the day. The naked votes on me came as I replaced in, and with no context, and in a part of the day where there isn't much activity from the game. Meanwhile I had more context for yours, and I asked for your reason anyway, and we're in a much deeper part of the game
In post 643, Umlaut wrote: a surefire definite slip
Okay fine, I'm not sure they're surefire definite slip. I feel like they could be slips and I feel strongly about them, and I voted and faked confidence to see their reaction. When their reaction was taunt and make fun of my mafia skills, I knew it was going to be a fruitless route so I dropped it immediately.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:07 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 642, Hu Tao wrote: Or maybe I'm overthinking in the moment. I'll think it over
You sound like me
Luka
Luka
Any
Goon
Luka
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:18 am

Post by Luka »

In post 615, Eiralox wrote: Hmm ok. It's just that Umlaut is beneath monkey in your list. So far I think Umlaut is playing the game just fine but yeah. Mostly he's got the vibe I'm looking for in town, the only Umlaut post that really pinged me was in fact his opening one -.-
For now, they might move up once I see their most recent posts.
Luka
Luka
Any
Goon
Luka
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:22 am

Post by Luka »

In post 629, humaneatingmonkey wrote: Okay, yeah, Luka I recognize you are being townread by many and maybe I'm wrong about you, so would you tell me what I should be townreading about you?
I keep spotting perspective slips from you that I feel so strongly about
. And that everybody seems to be downplaying because you've been making a lot of effort to share your reads, which people townread (I don't townread effort, and maybe this is the issue). Have you done anything that you or anyone with the skill level that you're projecting to have wouldn't be doing? I see you mentioned that you having a TWTBAW stance on Eiralox is something you wouldn't take, but I don't understand it. And you're open to eliminating them anyway, which makes the read meaningless - not that I'm against you eliminating them.
For the bolded, I would like to point out that everything youre accusing of being a perspective slip is mostly lacking context to the point where I'm confused how you come to that conclusion? In addition to that, I would like to point out that the reads you're accusing people of downplaying are normally weak, the supposed "blatant perspective slips" is me saying that your read is weak at best, IE: The rationale to come for it is weak, not the conclusion which is just outright incorrect. I disagree that people are downplaying said moments. That aside, perspective slips aren't a very good reason to really scum read somebody IMHO.

If you want something to town read from me, the answer is undoubtably the fact that I'm not burying Eiralox? This is a team game as mafia, and I would have teamates. If I bury this one little goober than my teamate is basically safe for the day and I lose nearly no credit; that's the one thing I would truly town read from myself. Other than that, good question. I don't know what I would town read and I don't know why exactly I'm being town read either. My recommendation is just to hop on the TR Luka train and see if I die soon ^w^

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”