Newbie 1762: Frequent Flyers - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #226 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:48 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

hey hey

I'm at work rn and expecting a busy day, so I will try to read up and post tonight

in the mean time I'd like to see the not voters make votes
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:25 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

okay, I've read up. I think Ecks Dee/ArcAngel slot, Echo Vision, and havingfitz are town. ironstove/Loopdan is still null but I like Loopdan's entrance so far. I'd like to lynch in Titus/Dunnstral today, probably prefer Titus

reasons for scum!Titus are forthcoming momentarily
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:49 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 109, Titus wrote:
In post 91, knightmare wrote:"I'm gonna do this for lulz"

I fully expect more from a person that's supposed to be an "IC"

TBH the more I play on this site the more I realize it's a joke. The majority of you would get rekt if you played on my home forum.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Titus for sucking balls
You are new. I did this as an IC because you fail to value the absurd as either alignment. The Gamestate felt wrong, so I trolled a bit. This reeks of sour grapes and my home site is better so it must be right. My trolling is not that severe, and I don't do it often. Occasionally though, the game needs a moment of absurdity.
This post is scummy - "The Gamestate felt wrong" doesn't mean anything, especially given that Titus never explains how or why it felt wrong. There's no deeper level thought or game-solving behind this, Titus is posting for the sake of posting and for the sake of rationalizing her play.

also, you can tell she felt awkward about her explanation given that she further clarified in two subsequent posts immediately after. is also scummy:
In post 111, Titus wrote:My job as the IC is to show you how to scumhunt, not be an expert everyone follows to the absence of their own opinion. While I have played a laxidaisical approach, you and Grey are busy fighting each other over methods, which benefits no one. That's why we get wagons on l minus 1 "because drunk". Now, I don't know why y'all feel compelled to peacock, but it needs to stop as it blocks reading you. You both are acting superior and knightmare is reflexively scumreading that. (he could be right, but it is unlikely).
she's implicitly assuming Grey (now conftown) and my slot's alignment. This post is a grab for towncred whiteknighting a TvT. It does nothing to advance the game, it's Titus standing on the sideline of two town slots arguing. There's no conviction in her townreads here either, she's going through the motion of what she thinks a town!Titus would do.

same thing here:
In post 119, Titus wrote:
In post 118, -Grey- wrote:
In post 117, knightmare wrote:UNVOTE:
I told you so.
Was I not clear on the tude? It's not helping sort you. Drop the guard.
this "not helping sort you" is not believable in the slightest, given Titus barely interacts with Grey. This post
oozes
fake to me, and I'd love to hear if anyone disagrees with that.

Next, on D2 she repeatedly drops the classic "not a fan", "don't like" scumlines regarding knightmare's posting, but it doesn't read to me like a real scumread given that she never votes him nor pressures him directly.

Finally, this post also pings as scummy:
In post 194, Titus wrote:How am I being careful?

@HF, I am more inclinded to buy your argument if ironstove actually posts elsewhere. Right now, Dunn/Echo seems to be where it's at. The comparison to other games using vague statements such as "careful". A)It's violating ongoing games discussion because it's comparing to other ongoing games b)It's an assertion I cannot respond to without rulebreaking c) He dodges giving comment on me beyond shading or Echo's awkward posting.
Dunnstral accused Titus of being careful and said she doesn't play like this in other games. Dunnstral's comment is ambiguous, it does not have to refer to ongoing games. I believe that Titus may
think
he was referring to ongoing games, but I don't believe that a town!Titus would immediately jump to a "I can't respond to Dunnstral without rule breaking" defense so casually like this. The tone and line of thought read like the mentality of a scum who wants to dispute logically why reads on them are wrong, rather than town who genuinely feels wrongfully accused. If town!Titus really believed a) and b), she'd be a lot more passionate in arguing her case. Instead, this feels robotic.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:53 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 136, Dunnstral wrote:It wasn't his first post. I quoted him while voting you.
You've basically admitted to not having read what I was typing
Dunnstral I want to know why you felt compelled to write this line here in response to EchoVision.

reads to me like scum snark over something completely NAI. I think EchoVision is town
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (isolation #4) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:04 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also, one final point for scum!Titus: I don't think the Grey kill would have come from a scumteam of two newbie players. Grey would look like an easy easy mislynch for that quickhammer, but I think an experienced player might peg him as a PR for doing it. Therefore I think killing Grey suggests we are against a more experienced mafia player.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (isolation #5) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:46 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 238, EchoVision wrote:Also, sorry for sounding like an idiot if this is an obvious question, but what does it mean when you put scum!Titus or town!Titus?
"scum!" and "town!" as prefixes are an easier way of referring to players by their hypothetical alignment to make your point more clear. When I say "town!Titus" I basically just mean "Titus as town", and similarly scum!Titus is "Titus as scum". It makes it easier to refer to players without having to say "if he/she were town" or "assuming he/she is scum" all the time.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (isolation #6) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:33 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Titus why is Echo scum?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (isolation #7) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:41 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

let's massclaim, starting with fitz
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (isolation #8) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:25 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

no one else vote until Echo posts, he will counterclaim because I am town which means Dunnstral's claim is false

also I refuse to believe that fitz is town given how he hammered the doc, lmao. Dunnstral, why would you investigate him when he scumclaimed on D2? And Dunnstral, did you soft your inno anywhere?

Loopdan tell me you can see through this
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (isolation #9) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:27 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

yup, just skimmed Dunnstral's ISO, he's not the cop. Never once softed his inno result or even commented on iron/loop on D2. Dunnstral is a smart/good player, he wouldn't make this mistake if he were the town cop, if he were cop and had been NK'd on N2 then we would have no trail of useful information from his N1 investigation.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #274 (isolation #10) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:29 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

you wouldn't investigate him because he effectively scum claimed and it'd be far more valuable for you to find his partner or get a clear. You know this. See how it played out in Hot Fuzz Mafia, scum BBT quick hammered and copBlackStar won the game by catching his partner, scumTier.

I also expect that Dunn jumped in before Echo could claim because he guessed that Echo would claim cop and fitz could not CC, which means if Dunn CC'd then it's less believable than if he jumped in first.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (isolation #11) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:30 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 273, Dunnstral wrote:By the way, where guiltylion says "Echo will counterclaim cop" is some mad level coaching/setup
It's not coaching, it's the obvious result of what will happen when I'm VT and yet by PoE you are calling me scum.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (isolation #12) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:32 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Like why did you break the mass claim order? Riddle me that
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (isolation #13) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:33 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Its not unreasonable, but it's dumb/bad play. You're not dumb/bad, so

Right, it doesn't matter because you fucked it up and claimed before EV posted
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (isolation #14) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:44 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

wait so it's loop and dunnstral?

lmao fitz is town even with the bad hammer?

10/10 twist
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (isolation #15) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:57 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

anyway the game comes down to Fitz making the right call. It doesn't really matter if we lynch Loop or Dunn first, but optimal play is usually to lynch within the CCers because when we confirm the real cop then we also simultaneously confirm their claimed results as well.

In this specific game, it doesn't really matter, because Dunnstral claimed an innocent result on Loop, so a mafia Loop flip would confirm Dunn as scum as well, but just giving the general theory.

Dunnstral already voted me so I'ma vote him
VOTE: Dunnstral

Fitz/EV if you'd rather vote Loopdan then I have no objections to that either.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (isolation #16) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:08 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 290, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 288, EchoVision wrote:If you were actually the cop Dunn, then how would two people get two different results on him?
Slip?
agree, I request you reread D1 and see how obvtown knightmare and EV are when compared to Dunnstral and ironstove.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (isolation #17) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:09 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

whoops, wrong quote, meant to quote the Loopdan post
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (isolation #18) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:10 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

hey, gg everyone! Well played by scum, I am happy that I was onto Dunnstral even before the fakeclaim, but pushing Titus on D2 over him was a mistake. I hope the newbies had fun and are looking forward to another!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”