NG 1479: Somebody's Gonna Die! (OVER!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 557, goodmorning wrote:I would love it if you were to die, but between you and me we both know it's far more likely to be neil.
Why would I say this and then kill neil anyway?

Also, yes, I am familiar with neil. No, I probably wouldn't kill
the one person who apparently believed I was Town
over someone heavily suspecting me like jon, and if anyone wants to continue to speculate on the NK then they need to stop it because WIFOM is only beneficial to Scum. (OH HEY LOOK WHO BROUGHT IT UP EH?)
In post 568, jon_h61 wrote:This is MYLO and is extremely important to the win.
I
can't afford to be lynched anymore.
This is LyLo.
The wording of this comes from Scum. Excited Scum with an easy mislynch in LyLo.
I'll try and make it hard for you but I'm not sure what more I can do.
If I was scum, I would have killed anyone but neil! That would have been a dance I would have never turned down!
Gosh, Scum could never say anything like this! /sarcasm
Scum did something smart when they killed him, so that another point against gm.
Not sure whether to be flattered or disappoint.
In post 569, jon_h61 wrote:Another thing that worries me about gm is how she didn't want to try to address anyone else as scum when she was scum reading me. I attempted to engage her in looking at others several times. I think our(gm's and mine) next conversations are going to be critical to the game.
So tunneling worries you? Bullshit. You and I both know that a solid tunnel is not particularly alignment-indicative. You're getting overexcited at the prospect of winning this game and that's making you feel like you need an extremely solid case to seal the deal. You feeling like you need an extremely solid case to seal the deal is what's leading to you making graspy points. And you making graspy points should lead to other people realizing that something's not right here.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:42 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

Yes. no voting until we reach a consensus, please. That'd be setting us up for a potential loss if the vote's on a Townie.

pedit @gm So you obviously won't consider I could be Town. Then you better be scum. The (if you lynch me) loss will be on your head. <AtE Yes, I used it, and if you're Town, you better at least consider that you might be wrong.

Keep it up if you're scum.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:43 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

I brought up the NK. Big deal.

Just like you're pre-knowledge spiel.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:46 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 575, goodmorning wrote:So tunneling worries you? Bullshit. You and I both know that a solid tunnel is not particularly alignment-indicative.
I never said tunneling was alignment indicative, I tunnel all the time. Your lack of real scum hunting, and the things you decide to push are what's making you scummie in my eyes.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:47 pm

Post by goodmorning »

Fine. Pretend both of us are Town for a minute. Who in the hell is Scum?

Don't even "lack of real scumhunting" me. If you want to go there things are not going to be pretty.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:49 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 575, goodmorning wrote:Why would I say this and then kill neil anyway?
WIFOM? I don't know what you're thinking.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:51 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 579, goodmorning wrote:Fine. Pretend both of us are Town for a minute. Who in the hell is Scum?

Don't even "lack of real scumhunting" me. If you want to go there things are not going to be pretty.
OK, Explain where I'm seeing things wrong.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:57 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

@gm What's your thoughts on Victor?
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:03 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 575, goodmorning wrote:So tunneling worries you? Bullshit. You and I both know that a solid tunnel is not particularly alignment-indicative. You're getting overexcited at the prospect of winning this game and that's making you feel like you need an extremely solid case to seal the deal. You feeling like you need an extremely solid case to seal the deal is what's leading to you making graspy points. And you making graspy points should lead to other people realizing that something's not right here.
Grasping points?

That's exactly what you did. You gave two vague clears, and two vague scum reads, and a full on attack on me. Sounds like pretty smart scum play to me.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:09 pm

Post by goodmorning »

1. You didn't answer my "who is Scum if both of us are Town" question.
2. There is nothing graspy or vague about saying you've cleared someone based on never having read one of their predecessors wrong ever.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:13 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

@ gm If I knew for sure, or close to sure, I'd already be all over them. I'd like for everyone to put in their two cents worth so we can get in some good discussion.

Gee, that describes why someone's Town, real well. :roll:
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:47 pm

Post by goodmorning »

So you, who is ducking out of reads, are accusing me of the same.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:52 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

I'm sure as hell trying to get a good read on you, then I'll decide what else to do. Sure you san say you're doing the same, but all I see is you saying " You scum!" . I don't see that you're trying to work anything out.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:03 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

@ gm Can you give me a game or two that you endgamed in as Town? You've got a lot of games to have to go through just to be looking for that kind of info.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 587, jon_h61 wrote:I'm sure as hell trying to get a good read on you, then I'll decide what else to do. Sure you san say you're doing the same, but all I see is you saying " You scum!" . I don't see that you're trying to work anything out.
Obviously me asking you questions is totally not trying to figure you out or anything, nope

Obviously you assuming I'm Scum and not really answering my questions means you are trying to figure me out, yup
In post 588, jon_h61 wrote:@ gm Can you give me a game or two that you endgamed in as Town? You've got a lot of games to have to go through just to be looking for that kind of info.
Do you mean games in which I was alive in LyLo?
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:38 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

@ gm Yes, I don't really care if you won or not.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:42 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

And... I'm considering everything you say, so there's that. You just seem like a broken record. Every post you try to turn around into a "scum thing".

I wouldn't mind if someone else broke up our dialogue though,
especially
your Town reads.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:46 pm

Post by goodmorning »

O547 - Survived, Scum
LN169 - Survived, Town (game did not get to LyLo)
M289 - Survived, Town
N1458 - Survived, Town (game did not get to LyLo)
MT1520 - Survived, Scum (goodnight, hydra with Bulba)
MT1488 - Mislynched in LyLo, Town
O524 - Survived, Scum
N1426 - Endgamed, Town

This is all the games I've made it to LyLo/the end in since October, from most recent to least. I realise you requested Town ones specifically, but if someone else wants the Scum ones I don't want to go through them again.

Older ones are on my wiki. I can think of 2 in which I won as 3p and at least 3 in which I was mislynched in LyLo off the top of my head. Oh, and the one in which I was daykilled in LyLo by the Scum. That one... that one was weird.

You, specifically, might remember N1402.

PEDIT: You can lose in LyLo even if you aren't lynched, but only if you're Town.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:55 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

@ gm I'm trying to figure out if you're scum or we are imploding Town. Most of your questions come off as sarcastic questions that seem more rhetorical than questions that beg answers. At least that's the way they look to me.

pedit Thanks gm.
Matti
Matti
Townie
Matti
Townie
Townie

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:38 pm

Post by Matti »

HighShroomish - not forgotten - will post tonight after I get out of work
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:11 pm

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

New Stuff:
In post 575, goodmorning wrote:
In post 557, goodmorning wrote:I would love it if you were to die, but between you and me we both know it's far more likely to be neil.

over someone heavily suspecting me like jon, and if anyone wants to continue to speculate on the NK then they need to stop it because WIFOM is only beneficial to Scum. (OH HEY LOOK WHO BROUGHT IT UP EH?)
So the conversation on the NK ends as soon as you defend yourself because everything else is WIFOM. Seems convenient. Answer me this, if Jon had been the NK who would have been the most likely to benefit?
I
This is LyLo.
The wording of this comes from Scum. Excited Scum with an easy mislynch in LyLo.

@Jon
- Looking over the setup it is only Mylo
if
there is a bullet proof townie in the setup. Why would you assume Mylo over Lylo here?

@GM
- The bold seems off to me. What exactly are you seeing in Jon's post?
In post 569, jon_h61 wrote:Another thing that worries me about gm is how she didn't want to try to address anyone else as scum when she was scum reading me. I attempted to engage her in looking at others several times. I think our(gm's and mine) next conversations are going to be critical to the game.
So tunneling worries you? Bullshit. You and I both know that a solid tunnel is not particularly alignment-indicative. You're getting overexcited at the prospect of winning this game and that's making you feel like you need an extremely solid case to seal the deal. You feeling like you need an extremely solid case to seal the deal is what's leading to you making graspy points. And you making graspy points should lead to other people realizing that something's not right here.[/quote]

There seems to be some jumps in your thinking here GM.
In post 579, goodmorning wrote:Fine. Pretend both of us are Town for a minute. Who in the hell is Scum?
In post 582, jon_h61 wrote:@gm What's your thoughts on Victor?
Any follow up coming for either of these questions guys?

Old Stuff:

Looking back over the start.

Dritain contradicted himself bigtime in post .

Drone67 only contribution was , , . The rvs seems feigned I guess, otherwise I can only judge him on his successors.

Jon follows Edos in voting Drone (). If Drone is town then he would be low hanging fruit on Day 1. Dritain had made a fair few scummy posts at this point IMO so I am curious as to why Drone was deemed a worthier vote.

Then the next post Jon makes he revotes Drone (). There had been a fair few posts (all dead townies) so it seems odd he is reapplying pressure here.

Dritan's response seem pretty bad. I would hate if he got through Day 1 as scum cause he virtually lynched.

Jon's is probably the towniest post seen off non-flipped role at this point in the reread which is pretty bad. That said other than Dritan no of the other roles are really posting (and the more I read the Dritan the more I'm getting annoyed at taking my eye off his role)

Espe's catchups were very non-committal (). He does place HitD correctly at town but without explanation (and HitD was looking reasonably scummy at the town). He also puts Edos at scum without very much to back it up with.

Dritain was defensive in . He deflects in on VW.

Dritan's T/S list () - Curiously Jon is his only townread (everyone else is null to scum) His comments on Espeonage seems off compared to his early attack on me as well. Dritan clearly has a scumread on HITD but still holds off voting.

and between Jon and Dritan doesn't have the look of scumbuddies interacting.

Jon is putting a vote on VW. The closest thing to wagon was Dritan at this point but with votes all over the place it's probably a reach to consider this a counterwagon. It is the second time his vote follows Edos though.

Oh yeah SafetyDance replaces Drone. is about as non-commital as a player can get.

Espe townreads me, Void and HITD with no real explanation again. He doesn't look like he's doing much reading of the thread but he finds town with no real effort.

SafetyDance is here. Wants to lynch from (Drit, VW, HITD) and we know at least two of these are town. He doesn't like Espe and Edos either.

Actually SD posts were quite good. He responded a bit but didn't stick around long. And he places his vote on Espe when he got his bearings. Likely Espe/SD are not scum together.

Chipmap catchup points to both VW/HITD who as well as being both town were two of the three likely lynches at this point for Day 1 (the other being Espe).

Espe has time to mention he thinks VW will be a mislynch, respond to the case against him but no time scumhunting ().

That'll have to do for now. Conclusions:

Jon - the pressure on Drone seems unexcessive but it's tough to really gage without a flip. I'd be inclined to say that Jon is town if Matti is scum. Similarly Jon and Espe are likely not scum together. The other thing to note is that is rarely the first vote on a wagon. On the other hand Jon is seeming the most townie at this point.

Drone/Safety - Drone did virtually nothing (though his three posts look fairly self conscious) and SD posts weren't much but look townish. Still very little to judge this role on due to low activity.

Espe - Hated his play. Lurky, low scumhunting etc. I think most of what I'm saying has been said to death. I couldn't even find any good interactions to judge him off.

Dritan/Chitmap - I actually kinda hate myself for letting this role live as long as it had. Dritan was really scummy day 1, disappeared and all his replacement did was just go through the motions. I need to read the rest of the Day but I am back to wanted to lynch this role right now.

Anyway, that's all for now. Will get back to this later.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:36 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

MYLO Mis Lynch and Lose, If we don't lynch scum
this
time, we lose.

LYLO, You have to lynch scum, because there's no spare lynches left? Like 2 Town and 2 scum or 2-1, right?

Oh, I see in MYLO, you can still No Lynch and not lose the game too. I just read the Wiki. :oops:
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:43 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 595, VictorDeAngelo wrote:
In post 575, goodmorning wrote:

So the conversation on the NK ends as soon as you defend yourself because everything else is WIFOM. Seems convenient. Answer me this, if Jon had been the NK who would have been the most likely to benefit?
Actually all discussions of the NK are WIFOM.
Presuming jon is Town, probably me. It would have gotten me out of a tunnel which wasn't going anywhere and gotten rid of the linchpin of the suspicion on me.
I
This is LyLo.

@GM
- The bold seems off to me. What exactly are you seeing in Jon's post?
"I can't afford to be lynched anymore" is what I'm seeing in jon's post. It's a small, teasing "look at me I am so Town and you are so not haha."

Maybe I'm reading too much into it because I'm annoyed.
So tunneling worries you? Bullshit. You and I both know that a solid tunnel is not particularly alignment-indicative. You're getting overexcited at the prospect of winning this game and that's making you feel like you need an extremely solid case to seal the deal. You feeling like you need an extremely solid case to seal the deal is what's leading to you making graspy points. And you making graspy points should lead to other people realizing that something's not right here.
There seems to be some jumps in your thinking here GM.
Not really.
In post 582, jon_h61 wrote:@gm What's your thoughts on Victor?
Any follow up coming for either of these questions guys?
He followed up mine. He said, basically, IDEK. Yet he expects me to have an answer to it.

I didn't follow up his, because he keeps multiposting and I keep missing them. The answer to it is that I still think you somewhat likely to be Scum, though I am considering Shroomy with that vote/unvote despite the convincing claim.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:49 am

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 597, goodmorning wrote:Maybe I'm reading too much into it because I'm annoyed.
If
you're Town, and you're scum reading me because you're annoyed at me, I ask you to take another look and see if you think I'm trying to out scum or not. The warm fuzzy feelings will come when we lynch scum.
In post 597, goodmorning wrote:He followed up mine. He said, basically, IDEK. Yet he expects me to have an answer to it.
You're right I didn't give out any scum reads yet, and it might have been unfair to ask for yours. I'm still working on figuring you out. Plus I'd really like the others to show up so there can be some interactions with them.

The last game I was in neil with, him and I called each other scum, all the way up until he died. We gave wall after wall why the other was scum, but we both flipped Town. I've got this nagging feeling you're Town. It's just that some of the things you're using against me seem so... that that is making me think you're scum.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:56 am

Post by jon_h61 »

@ gm If I was scum, I'd be ramming it home about how scummie you are. I hate to say it but, from where I'm sitting, that doesn't look like it'd be very hard to do at all.

We've got a lot of time, so I'm going to try to put you on the back burner for now (I'll still respond to you) and look into our quieter players.

Right now, though, I have to go do "honey dews, er, honey dos'". :good:

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”