NG 1479: Somebody's Gonna Die! (OVER!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:46 am

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

In post 173, YurikoJasmine wrote:
In post 121, jon_h61 wrote:
In post 167, VictorDeAngelo wrote: JonH -
Not seen much I dislike off his posting. A little in the background early on though.
I haven't really seen anything that makes me feel good about his alignment on way or the other yet.
@Victor:
I cannot seem to understand these two sentences. Could you explain?
I'll try expanding.

The first sentence is simply saying that reading his posts I've not seen any red flags or picked up on anything that says "Hmm, Jon could be scum".

For the second sentence I was referring to the first few days where I noted Jon had been in the background asking generic questions (i.e. asking Dritan about his experience, you about your languages) and he appeared to be keeping a low profile. That's changed in the last few pages admittadly (even between now and my reads he produced a few more posts, though mostly responding to comments).

Does that help clear things up?
In post 174, YurikoJasmine wrote: victor voting for dritan, dritan voting for HITD, HITD voting for victor. Interesting.
What do you find interesting here?
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:19 am

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 173, YurikoJasmine wrote:@jon: FYR these are the two posts that makes me (and i believe also others) to believe that your thinking I'm "fishy" has something to do with my language. I'm buying your reasoning of thought process for now. Although you still haven't explain why you thought I was "fishy" or leaning scum.
Honestly, I quick read the thread right before bed, I wanted to make sure I posted. I didn't have anything, but one of those niggling feelings. If you've played Mafia much I'm sure you know what I mean, and wanted to see a response.

Lots of time scum will come back with a fierce attack over small things like that (trying to appear righteously indignant). So far you don't seem scum to me.
In post 173, YurikoJasmine wrote:I'm still struggling on whether they're just being newbie overreactive coz it seems very weird for scum to so openly going aginst each other in so early a stage.
A good example of this would be Majiffy and CooLDoG in Mini 1428, so don't completely rule out anything.
In post 173, YurikoJasmine wrote:
btw, Dritan has gone missing.
QFT
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:20 am

Post by jon_h61 »

@ Victor "Responding to responses" is part of scum hunting, and also the polite thing to do. If people ask for clarification, I'd be remiss in my responsibilities as Town if I just left them confused, plus their responses can add to or change a read. It might be a red flag if that's all someone does.

Remember scum want to appear Town. Look at questions and responses, and try to determine if they're scum hunting or Town tearing down.
YurikoJasmine
YurikoJasmine
Goon
YurikoJasmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:26 am

Post by YurikoJasmine »

@jon:
ok.
I'll check out the game if i have time.
I was NK-immuned but lynched Day 1. :/
Record: Won 3 Lost 7 Draw 0 \\ Ongoing: 0 (Living: 0)

Last year of school. Works two part-times.

**I'm from Hong Kong (GMT+8)
HiddenInTheDark
HiddenInTheDark
Goon
HiddenInTheDark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:32 am

Post by HiddenInTheDark »

In post 172, HiddenInTheDark wrote: Leaning Town: Dritan For his claim of VT, whether it could be false. I believe it's true.
@HITD:
I'm feeling uneasy about how fast you switch you view of thinking Dritan is scum to leaning town just after and just because of his VT claim. Everyone can claim to be a VT. It doesn't really mean much. Unless of course you have other reasons to believe he's not scum? Btw, I'm not sure if you saw it, but he was not the replacement. I am the replacement.

[/quote]

Hm. I thought Dritan was a replacement. Anyways, thats besides the point now. Of course everyone can claim VT. I just think he is because the amount of votes he had on him, plus the constant questioning that went on between me and Victor. He was literally 1 Vote away, if not it was 2. The only thing that made me angry was that he did because Victor said to do it. It seems a little scummy now that I think of it, but Victor doing that and then voting for him because he thinks he's a safe lynch made me think he was scum.
Let the ones who see the light become blinded by the truth.
HiddenInTheDark
HiddenInTheDark
Goon
HiddenInTheDark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:33 am

Post by HiddenInTheDark »

quote fail.
Dritan
Dritan
Townie
Dritan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:39 am

Post by Dritan »

guys sorry for being inactive but i have had some problems at work and I am working extra hours atm

will have time to read everything tomorrow morning and will give my views on everyone until . again sorry and thanks for understanding
Voidwalker1234
Voidwalker1234
Goon
Voidwalker1234
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:57 am

Post by Voidwalker1234 »

Hooray for Prods. Since I have to post something meaningful here it is. I am completely and utterly confused, because everything was moving really fast against Dritan and then when HIDT put him on L-1 and Dritan claimed it all descended into chaos. Honestly I still suspect Dritan because to me I go with the lynch all VT claims. Anyways, on to explain why I lurk, because I have a hard time coming up with something "meaningful" I'm really active during RVS but when the RVS ends quicker than I expect I get lost and just watch and wait until I feel it is the right time to say something. I can't make those really big posts everyone makes, I watch what is going on and make my own reads, only acting on them when I feel it is right, which, more often than not is just as the wagon it is on get big because then everyone is legitly suspecting them and it often makes me look like a bandwagoner, which I somewhat am, except I form my own theories on the reasons why they are doing it like the Victor/Dritan bussing scumteam theory. So, it that good enough of a post to deflect any suspicion on me?
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

@ Void No, it's not and I'll tell you why. My son several months ago ( I'm not going to reveal his name, if he wants to tell you about it, he will) pulled off this game where he did that " I don't know what's going on" act. He made it to LYLO, and even then it dragged out because they fell for his act. They did lynch him in the end.

Long story short, give us more. Do it in a bullet point for each player. Even if you just put Null, Town, or Scum. But give us more than that last post.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:20 pm

Post by Espeonage »

@Yuriko (#46): Townreads can be just as important as scum reads, I was sticking him in the town pool for a bit, RVS is where you start to build reads, so that is what I was setting out to do.
@Edo (#48): I don't like the lining up lynches on page 2. The tone also didn't suggest any sort of joking so scumpile for now.
Don't @ me.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:21 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 178, YurikoJasmine wrote:
@jon:
ok.
I'll check out the game if i have time.
It's a good read. I enjoyed the flavor. I threw the game winning hammer that game. By the way, Majiffy, one of the two bussing scums was the one I threw the hammer on. :oops: A
little
bragging
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:25 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

@ Espe Hope your feeling better. I know everyone's glad to have you back in Town.

For now. :shifty:
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:31 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Page 3:

Not seeing the Drone stuff people are talking about as scummy.
@ No Lynch discussion: The way the numbers work, and this has been discussed by people much smarter than I, is that it's better to lynch in all but a few scenarios. The reasoning having a few supporting reasons.
1. We can learn stuff from townies dying. Having someone's posts and knowing that they were town making all the more useful.
2. Having an even number of players alive in the day makes lynching harder and much easier to be swayed by the scum because of the way majorities work with even numbers of people.
3. You can't know for certain what alignment a role is without role related information. You don't know if that person might be scum.
4. And the big one. Town has only one way to win the game. And that is to lynch all the scum. If town stops lynching then they throw away the only way they can win.

And that is why we aren't going to no lynch.

This might be Conf Bias talking but I'm seeing Edo playing in a super conservative, make sure everyone thinks I'm helping way, which is how I like to play scum.

I like HITD for town though. Void is solidly null.

Pedit: Cheers. :p
Don't @ me.
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:47 pm

Post by Edosurist »

@mod:
V/LA until Monday March 10
The name's Edosurist. People call me Edos.
I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
Edo
Edoist
(pronounced E-do-ist or e-DOIST? I'm not quite certain), or
Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:43 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

^ That reminds me, I'm going to Sis-in-law's house tomorrow for eats and cards. I might not post before Sunday, but if I get the chance I might pop in.

@ Mod V/LA through Sunday night.
Voidwalker1234
Voidwalker1234
Goon
Voidwalker1234
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:48 pm

Post by Voidwalker1234 »

Dritan - Slightly scummy for what he did in the Beginning, now more null because of the VT claim.
Drone67 - Null, because he hasn't posted recently.
Edosurist (SE) - Null, leaning towards town because he does seam helpful, mostly null.
Espeonage [IC] - Town, he has been helping lead the town mostly.
HiddenInTheDark - Town, sincerely been trying to help.
jon_h61 (SE) - Town, pretty much leading the town.
VictorDeAngelo - Scummy for his tunneling of Dritan in the beginning, his sudden switch from Dritan because of a VT Claim is extremely scummy.
Voidwalker1234 - Scummy for lurking, even though that's his play style.
YurikoJasmine - Null, need to see more drastic stuff.

There you go, a list of my opinions on everyone, even me.
YurikoJasmine
YurikoJasmine
Goon
YurikoJasmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:12 pm

Post by YurikoJasmine »

In post 182, Voidwalker1234 wrote:it often makes me look like a bandwagoner, which I somewhat am, except I form my own theories on the reasons why they are doing it like the Victor/Dritan bussing scumteam theory. So, it that good enough of a post to deflect any suspicion on me?
@VW:
You don't have to make really big posts, but we would like to see your thoughts, not just the fact that you agree with us. As for a start, I see from this that you have some theories on--? Ok, I thought you mean you have a theory on why victor/dritan is scum on my first read of this post but now I don't understand this last part, could you explain? Also, we always treasure other's opinions. Even if we have same views we can always see different things or reasoning from the game.
In post 190, Voidwalker1234 wrote:Dritan - Slightly scummy for what he did in the Beginning, now more null because of the VT claim.
Drone67 - Null, because he hasn't posted recently.
Edosurist (SE) - Null, leaning towards town because he does seam helpful, mostly null.
Espeonage [IC] - Town, he has been helping lead the town mostly.
HiddenInTheDark - Town, sincerely been trying to help.
jon_h61 (SE) - Town, pretty much leading the town.
VictorDeAngelo - Scummy for his tunneling of Dritan in the beginning, his sudden switch from Dritan because of a VT Claim is extremely scummy.
Voidwalker1234 - Scummy for lurking, even though that's his play style.
YurikoJasmine - Null, need to see more drastic stuff.

There you go, a list of my opinions on everyone, even me.
Why do you think drone is null because he hasn't posted but espe is town because he is leading the town? He hasn't say much until page 8. His last post before his LA was #29, until he reappears in #156. I'll have to disagree with the "leading" part. He also hasn't given us his scumread yet.

Edos is helpful but null? What makes you feel that he is null?

Victor's vote and scumread are both still on dritan. What was the switch?

lastly, what is the "drastic stuff" you want to see from me?

Please answer my questions. I'm having a hard time understanding you.

@victor:
I'm saying that it's interesting, not that it is very much suspicious. I'll have to check the sequence and the content of the vote to decide if it looks suspicious.
In post 184, Espeonage wrote:@Yuriko (#46): Townreads can be just as important as scum reads, I was sticking him in the town pool for a bit, RVS is where you start to build reads, so that is what I was setting out to do.
@Edo (#48): I don't like the lining up lynches on page 2. The tone also didn't suggest any sort of joking so scumpile for now.
@espe:
Agree on the townread important part, but I think it was a bit early to form any read by that time. It could have been saved for later analysis I think.
In post 187, Espeonage wrote:Page 3:

Not seeing the Drone stuff people are talking about as scummy.
What is the "drone stuff" we were talking about besides the fact that he was missing and we all hope he came out and speak?

YurikoJasmine
YurikoJasmine
Goon
YurikoJasmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:14 pm

Post by YurikoJasmine »

:facepalm: drone. he made exactly 4 posts and is gone for more than 72 hours.
mod: any news from him?

Dritan
Dritan
Townie
Dritan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:58 pm

Post by Dritan »

In post 150, YurikoJasmine wrote:scumread so far:
scummy
-Dritan

(slightly) scummy
-Drone (lurking/ missing)
-Victor (i'm tired of seeing all the arguments he has with Dritan and HITD plus the vote on Dritan despite "beliving him")
-HITD (keep on emphasizing himself as replacement thus VT, lots of arguments but very few scumhunt. Plus the L-1 vote rightaway with little argument)
-VW (said very little, voted only when asked to)

towny
-Edos (one of the few who actually does some scumhunting. but I need to see more from him)

null
-Espeonage (on LA)
-jon (would love to see some scumread from him)

tl;dr: I'm ok with lynching Dritan Day 1. I'd love to see some scumread esp. from HITD, Dritan and jon.
this is strange. I am the most scummy one but you havent give any reason for me like you have done with the others ?
and where Edos has done scumhunting because i cant see it ?
Dritan
Dritan
Townie
Dritan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:01 pm

Post by Dritan »

@YurikoJasmine - ofc you are ok with lynching me . why would there be a problem to lynch someone active who at least is trying to scumhunt

yeah i might have gone a bit too hard on Victor at the start but thats how you see reactions at people . but yeah thats scummy to some people
Dritan
Dritan
Townie
Dritan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:07 pm

Post by Dritan »

In post 182, Voidwalker1234 wrote:Hooray for Prods. Since I have to post something meaningful here it is. I am completely and utterly confused, because everything was moving really fast against Dritan and then when HIDT put him on L-1 and Dritan claimed it all descended into chaos. Honestly I still suspect Dritan because to me I go with the lynch all VT claims. Anyways, on to explain why I lurk, because I have a hard time coming up with something "meaningful" I'm really active during RVS but when the RVS ends quicker than I expect I get lost and just watch and wait until I feel it is the right time to say something. I can't make those really big posts everyone makes, I watch what is going on and make my own reads, only acting on them when I feel it is right, which, more often than not is just as the wagon it is on get big because then everyone is legitly suspecting them and it often makes me look like a bandwagoner, which I somewhat am, except I form my own theories on the reasons why they are doing it like the Victor/Dritan bussing scumteam theory. So, it that good enough of a post to deflect any suspicion on me?
so just sit there and see how every one else accuses each other and then you come and put your vote using the same reasons as someone else ?
YurikoJasmine
YurikoJasmine
Goon
YurikoJasmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:48 am

Post by YurikoJasmine »

In post 193, Dritan wrote:
In post 150, YurikoJasmine wrote:scumread so far:
scummy
-Dritan

(slightly) scummy
-Drone (lurking/ missing)
-Victor (i'm tired of seeing all the arguments he has with Dritan and HITD plus the vote on Dritan despite "beliving him")
-HITD (keep on emphasizing himself as replacement thus VT, lots of arguments but very few scumhunt. Plus the L-1 vote rightaway with little argument)
-VW (said very little, voted only when asked to)

towny
-Edos (one of the few who actually does some scumhunting. but I need to see more from him)

null
-Espeonage (on LA)
-jon (would love to see some scumread from him)

tl;dr: I'm ok with lynching Dritan Day 1. I'd love to see some scumread esp. from HITD, Dritan and jon.
this is strange. I am the most scummy one but you havent give any reason for me like you have done with the others ?
and where Edos has done scumhunting because i cant see it ?
#60, 73 and the later 152 show that he's making sense of others in the game. As for you, I thought I had posted enough to prove my doubts towards you so I didn't find it necessary to state my reasons.

Please answer my question in #147, and I would very much like to see some scumread from you.

VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:33 am

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

In post 177, jon_h61 wrote:@ Victor "Responding to responses" is part of scum hunting, and also the polite thing to do. If people ask for clarification, I'd be remiss in my responsibilities as Town if I just left them confused, plus their responses can add to or change a read. It might be a red flag if that's all someone does.

Remember scum want to appear Town. Look at questions and responses, and try to determine if they're scum hunting or Town tearing down.
That's fine. I didn't really have an issue with the fact you were responding to people it was just something I had noticed with regards to your general activity levels.
In post 179, HiddenInTheDark wrote:
In post 172, HiddenInTheDark wrote: Leaning Town: Dritan For his claim of VT, whether it could be false. I believe it's true.
@HITD:
I'm feeling uneasy about how fast you switch you view of thinking Dritan is scum to leaning town just after and just because of his VT claim. Everyone can claim to be a VT. It doesn't really mean much. Unless of course you have other reasons to believe he's not scum? Btw, I'm not sure if you saw it, but he was not the replacement. I am the replacement.

Hm. I thought Dritan was a replacement. Anyways, thats besides the point now. Of course everyone can claim VT. I just think he is because the amount of votes he had on him, plus the constant questioning that went on between me and Victor. He was literally 1 Vote away, if not it was 2.
The only thing that made me angry was that he did because Victor said to do it. It seems a little scummy now that I think of it, but Victor doing that and then voting for him because he thinks he's a safe lynch made me think he was scum.
The bolded bit is looking wrong to me. HITD why would Dritan claiming make you angry (you were happy to lynch him at the time)?

As for the second sentence I confused as why your now saying Dritan's scummy for claiming the way he did when your main reason for your lean town read on him til now was "For his claim of VT, whether it could be false. I believe it's true."

@Voidwalker
- /barn Yuki. What did you mean with " sudden switch from Dritan because of a VT Claim"?

I'm moving Voidwalker to lean scum after posts 182 and his reads in post 190. The whole of 182 just doesn't sit right with me but the last line where he says "So, it that good enough of a post to deflect any suspicion on me?" just makes the whole thing sound like an excuse note. As for his reads I don't see why Espe is a town read for leading town (he hasn't unless I missed something) whereas Edos and Yuriko are still null reads and I am lost as why someone would feel need to write "Scummy for lurking, even though that's his play style." about themselves in their own t/s list. Again feels like he's trying to excuse his play.
In post 191, YurikoJasmine wrote:
@victor:
I'm saying that it's interesting, not that it is very much suspicious. I'll have to check the sequence and the content of the vote to decide if it looks suspicious.
I just asked what you found interesting not whether it could be suspicious. Something must have caught your eye to make the statement, could you explain what it was?
YurikoJasmine
YurikoJasmine
Goon
YurikoJasmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:33 am

Post by YurikoJasmine »

@victor:
I meant that VW was voting for dritan thinking he was scum then suddenly decided that he's not scum because of his claim.

I thought it was interesting because it reminded me of Eros saying you three are in a triangle or something. He hasn't explained that though.

YurikoJasmine
YurikoJasmine
Goon
YurikoJasmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:34 am

Post by YurikoJasmine »

*edos. I hate autocorrect in iphone

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”