Newbie 1625: American Spring - Day 5 (DL - 08/31)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Akuseru
Akuseru
Goon
Akuseru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:06 am

Post by Akuseru »

In post 934, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:835 - 'Ive stated over and over again that I think you or bulbazoor are better lynches' and 'In the case of you and bulba I think its pretty telling'.
And, now I'm back to being scum.
So, yeah, where is the reevaluation of your read?

Or you were null. You'd still be a better lynch than someone he's town reading and there are no other scum reads (besides bulba).

In post 926, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'll let NS do the honours.

Then we can lynch him tomorrow.

Why not Micc? O_O
Looks like you have a stronger read on him than you do on NS. Are you assuming we'll have a NS wagon tomorrow? If so...

In post 935, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:In post 933, Micc wrote:
And you're not lining up lynches?

Nope, because me wanting to lynch NS is not dependent on the flip of someone else. You just said I was scum no matter what Bulba flips; that's lining up lynches.

...it seem's like your NS lynch is wagon dependent/random. Nothing wrong with "lining up your lynches" if they're based on flips/associative tells. Along with trying to lynch scum, why else do we lynch, if not to use the information to influence our current read/future lynches?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:14 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

It does? I mean, they're both scum so it really doesn't matter who we lynch tomorrow.

NS lynch is for reasons I have stated multiple times.

OK, and you don't see a problem when someone says 'If x is town I'm going to lynch you but even if x is scum I'm still going to lynch you'...

Like, he interprets the same action in two different ways to suit what he needs.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Akuseru
Akuseru
Goon
Akuseru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:32 am

Post by Akuseru »

In post 951, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:OK, and you don't see a problem when someone says 'If x is town I'm going to lynch you but even if x is scum I'm still going to lynch you'...

Micc gave two possible reasons/scenarios for why a scum bbt might leave a bulba wagon. All it really means is that because of your recent actions, regardless of how bulba flips, he'll be keeping an eye on you/suspect you. It's pretty different than saying "You are now my top lynch choice for this sole reason! I'll lynch you if bubla filps scum! I'll still lynch you if bulba flips town!"
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:43 am

But that's EXACTLY what he's saying.

He has given no reasoning for why I'm scum outside of my predecessor.

How are you not seeing that?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
HenryCabotLodge
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:57 am

Post by HenryCabotLodge »

I generally like Micc. He's been pretty singular in his pursuit of Stubbs/Micc but it's not necessarily a bad thing to keep pressure on your top suspect. Moreover he expressed desire to work with me regarding my notscience vote which strikes me as townie. I like his style in general- I think he's pretty townie.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:58 am

Even if his reasoning is weak and never changes?
HenryCabotLodge
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:21 am

In post 955, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Even if his reasoning is weak and never changes?

Tbh I don't blame anyone for seeing you as scummy at this point. You've balked at the lynches of both of your self-professed top scum suspects in favor of going after Micc only for (from what I can see) keeping suspicion on you. His vote is on Bulba, your interests line up. I don't understand your issue.
HenryCabotLodge
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:24 am

In post 954, HenryCabotLodge wrote:I generally like Micc. He's been pretty singular in his pursuit of Stubbs/Micc but it's not necessarily a bad thing to keep pressure on your top suspect. Moreover he expressed desire to work with me regarding my notscience vote which strikes me as townie. I like his style in general- I think he's pretty townie.

EBWOP I mean Stubbs/BBT. Note that his vote is on Bulba which means he's not terribly singular and is willing to pursue other leads.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:28 am

I'm voting NS, you can see that right? The only wagon I have avoided is Bulba. My read on Thespio changed and this caused me to reevaluate because I find it highly unlikely that Bulba/NS are scum together.

I realised that during my catch up I got side tracked from Micc quite heavily; which was easy to do because he has laid low the whole game.

PEdit - I showed how long he has been stating Bulba was scum for; I even questioned where that read came from (still waiting for the answer) because it materialised from nowhere.

I realise now that I'm wasting my time though so I'll wait for NS to hammer and maybe people will listen tomorrow.
HenryCabotLodge
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:33 am

In post 958, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'm voting NS, you can see that right? The only wagon I have avoided is Bulba. My read on Thespio changed and this caused me to reevaluate because I find it highly unlikely that Bulba/NS are scum together.

I realised that during my catch up I got side tracked from Micc quite heavily; which was easy to do because he has laid low the whole game.

PEdit - I showed how long he has been stating Bulba was scum for; I even questioned where that read came from (still waiting for the answer) because it materialised from nowhere.

I realise now that I'm wasting my time though so I'll wait for NS to hammer and maybe people will listen tomorrow.

I still don't know why you're against a Bulba lynch now. Is it only because you don't want to be the hammer?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:35 am

No, because I think he is town.

I think the scum team is NS/Micc. Micc has pushed this wagon to counter the NS wagon. Those two have town read each other for pretty much the entire game and never questioned each other/their read.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:42 am

Henry, you come off of NS to vote Bulba; do you see them as a possible scum team?
HenryCabotLodge
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:58 am

In post 961, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Henry, you come off of NS to vote Bulba; do you see them as a possible scum team?

Not necessarily. At worst I see bulbazoor as a good lynch for town because it provides information (your sudden townread of him comes to mind). At best he is scum, hence why I'm comfortable with it. I'm uncomfortable with you seemingly excusing Bulbazoor's scummy play based on your recent scumread of Micc.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:03 am

Lynching for information is bad. Lynching for information over one of your scum reads is even worse.
HenryCabotLodge
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:06 am

In post 963, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Lynching for information is bad. Lynching for information over one of your scum reads is even worse.

I think Bulba is just as likely to be scum as notscience is. I'm just laying out the scenario as I see it.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:07 am

OK, so you DO see them as a possible scum team then?
HenryCabotLodge
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:09 am

In post 965, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:OK, so you DO see them as a possible scum team then?

Yes. There are many possible scum teams at this point.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:10 am

OK, you're crazy if you think NS/Bulba can be scum together.
HenryCabotLodge
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:17 am

Anything is possible, this could be a protracted performance by the two of them- they were, after all, the chief defenders of Joram on day 1 and the movers in the Stoz lynch. Day 2 (without a nightkill without a nightkill on Day 1!) is not the time for such speculation, though. It's better to lynch somebody based off of their posting and what it would mean for the town, and right now I think Bulbazoor is the best player for that.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:19 am

I agree we should lynch based off of posting; except the lynch should be NS or Micc.
HenryCabotLodge
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:22 am

In post 969, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I agree we should lynch based off of posting; except the lynch should be NS or Micc.

I think NS is scum. I don't think Micc is at this point- definitely not enough for me to place a vote. NS has also not posted in awhile, which hurts my case against him in light of new developments. I think Bulbazoor is the best lynch right now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:24 am

I can't wrap my head around the fact you think it's possible that NS/Bulba is the scum team.
HenryCabotLodge
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:27 am

Anything is possible. I'm not explicitly calling them the scum team in this game. They are the two scummiest players in my opinion. I'm not willing to do associative reads at this point as you seem to be.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:02 pm

Post by notscience »

Derp, prodded.

REading.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:31 pm

Post by notscience »

VOTE: Bulba

@HCL- Someone's style shouldn't be alignment indicative.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”