Newbie 1728: Training Your Dragon Mafia [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:58 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

Well hammer me then, I dare you
Speed don't lie.
CC
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:59 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

If you're town you'll let someone hammer you as opposed to playing against your wincon and lynching yourself.

That said, I'm happy to see the hammer fall.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:22 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

I'm leaning towards thinking cobalt was scum since my post explaining my thoughts on his early L1. I'm for this, just wanted to discuss with the rest of you before it gets dropped. I'm not hearing anyone in opposition except cobalt himself, and hes not making a great case for himself...
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:24 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

Yeah I've given up, I'm not going to be alive as long as Mav is tunneling me
Speed don't lie.
CC
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:33 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

The fact that he's played so scummy for so long and had a wagon dissolve on him already (with this one taking time to gain traction) also suggests to me that we have scum.
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:36 am

Post by 0x40 »

Not gonna hammer until those who aren't here at the moment has had a fair chance to object. Would also like to hear from everyone what they think the percentage probability of him being scum is before I hammer.
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:16 pm

Post by reso »

~PhantomCobalt~
In Post #46/Iso #11, you explain that 'experienced players never over react to RVS wagons', but then in Post #89/Iso #20, you vote for IV's 'forced' reaction to his wagon. How exactly were you expecting him to react? What exactly is the difference between a forced reaction and an overreaction? Because the way I'm looking at it, all overreactions are forced reactions, but not all forced reactions are overreactions.

And then the Rusty Quickhammer scandal happened, which I'm honestly willing to look past. No one is perfect, and people make mistakes.
(And thus I employ a three-strike system, which I use in general, for such serious mistakes. This is a newbie game, and so people are willing to learn to play the game, but it is a game nonetheless, so if someone continues to fuck it up, then I am very willing to let them go. I didn't know that policy lynches were a bad idea for Newbie games, cut me some slack, Vedith. It's been a very long time since I've done a Newbie game on Mafiascum, hence why I'm one of the 'newbies'.)

Argues with 0x40 on wording. Votes for Maverick because of weak logic (I feel like everyone relies on weak logic to a certain extent Day 1, but I will be judging that afterward I'm done with staring at your posts). Continues to argue 0x40 a bit more, then proceeds to claim that he is townie because whenever he get's lynched Day 1, he's a townie, and posts some statistics as true. I'm honestly not a bit fan of this. For all I care, you could have been cherry picking your statistics, and so I'll go stare at your previous games later because you certainly don't have a wiki page to keep track of your games. I still don't know how serious you were trying to be with this stunt even with you 3 - 4/10 seriousness level.

Post #326/Iso #50 is his list of reads. I'm just going to post it here, because it's easier to reference like so:
In post 326, PhantomCobalt wrote:reso, Strong town - Good logic and active scumhunting, and the lack of anything scummy

0x40, scum lean - Actively scumhunting, which is good, but with terrible logic that he thinks is okay

Rusty, scum lean - Mostly fluff, VI

Vaxkiller, very small townlean - want to see more from him

RyanK, nulltown - My opinion keeps changing on him, very vote jumpy

innocentvillager, scumlean - Earlier posts make me think scum, but later ones show very genuine reactions

Maverick1102, scumlean - Tunneling, weak logic, doesn't read and just skims then makes accusations

hiplop, scum - Lurking

My lynch candidates for today:
0x40, hiplop

VOTE: hiplop
Some interesting things in here. Previously, you were voting for Maverick for... well... the reasons you stated in this post. But at what point did the inactivity of hiplop become so great and noticeable that he became more scummy that Maverick. Hiplop has been inactive in general for the entirety of the game to this point, so I'm not really seeing a 'when'. Second, your lynch suspects for the day are 0x40 and hiplop. Why is 0x40 in there over Maverick? If they both have weak/terrible logic, wouldn't you want the person that is 'actively scumhunting' alive over the one that 'doesn't read and just skims then makes accusations'?

Argues with 0x40 AGAIN for the same reason as before.

In Post #387/Iso #65 you vote for Vedith, and in Post 409/Iso #72, you explained your vote on Rusty/Vedith. I don't agree with any of your reasons for your vote on Vedith. I don't like #1 because Rusty's Quickhammer/Bunny vote felt like a very newbie thing to do. Hiplop even goes as far to mention in Post #116/Iso #2 that these sort of incidents happen a 'shockingly large amount' in Newbie games, So, I gave him a bye in the form of a strike and not a vote in my case. I don't like your #2 primarily because of my own experience in my first game. I was a Vanilla Townie in that game, and I did something dumb, got called out for it, and I eventually abandoned the game. The same could be said of Rusty, so I don't see his 'flaking', to be scum AI. And your #3 is weird because you've previously stated in your reads list that your lynch candidates for today are 0x40 and hiplop, and Rusty with only a scumlean because of fluffposting and being a VI. You've more or less decided up to this point that Maverick couldn't possibly be scum. Hiplop is still very inactive, and your relationship with 0x40 doesn't seem to have changed much to this point. If you aren't voting for hiplop, then you must be voting for 0x40 via Process of Elimination, but that clearly isn't the case. Other than seeing the Maverick scum-to-town switch, I'm not exactly seeing this second switch of 0x40 that you were talking about, so please point this out. But in any case, what about Rusty/Vedith changed between your list of reads and your vote and case that you were willing to vote for him over hiplop, especially since you decided to quote your own list where it states that Rusty/Vedith is listed as a scumlean whereas hiplop is listed as scum?
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:52 pm

Post by reso »

In post 272, Maverick1102 wrote:I'm getting rather sick of the double standards in this game.

Cobalt puts someone at L-1, doesn't draw attention to it hoping someone will hammer and it very (very) nearly works but for a fluffed vote and a technicality in the rules.
I put someone at L-2, I draw attention to when it progresses to L-1 and I ask for intent to hammer and all of a sudden I'm scum?

Cobalt quickly backtracks (having no conviction in his vote-SCUM) and looks to earn townpoints by looking about for ways to not have the hammer apply (eventually settling on the same rule quote I do) and somehow succeeds.
I vote a legitimate scumread, ask for more votes, ask for intent to hammer and a claim and yet somehow I'm scummy for it?
First of all, you never put someone at L-2. Your only vote you've had to this point was your RVS (and thus not 'legitimate') vote of PhantomCobalt, which put him to L-4, which you've kept to this point as well. Then came IV's #106/Iso #12, and then RyanK's #222/Iso #64. And that's the highest it gets because RyanK unvotes in #255. I am not counting Rusty's RVS Post/#26 vote nor his #35 vote. Only if Rusty's vote were included would it have been possible for PhantomCobalt to be L-1. I find it questionable that you were able to accept Rusty's fakehammer as illegitimate, but proceed to include his vote onto the PhantomCobalt wagon.

And what double standards? The most anyone said about your vote was PhantomCobalt's #169, and then your vote went largely unnoticed because of the RyanK 'there is not scummy evidence against me' argument and the Vaxkiller's wording argument.

Your vote was not legitmate because it was initially an RVS vote. You didn't ask for more votes. In Post #168, you say that you are happy with you vote, and ask for people to state why they aren't joining you on the PhantomCobalt wagon, despite not having done anything convince anyone else to join you up to that point, such as typing up a case for us. RyanK does vote you because of your calling for an intent to hammer, but you were able to quickly convince on why you think it's a good idea. I called you out on an admittedly dumber-than-dumb reason, which I then jumped off after you explained it so. And PhantomCobalt jumps on for reasons of weak logic (and a little bit of OMGUS, I'm willing to believe). So 1/3 of the people that voted for you on that intent to hammer and claim.
In post 272, Maverick1102 wrote:If anybody thinks scum isn't on my wagon (cough COBALT cough) then you seriously need to walk away, give your head a wobble to make sure it's screwed on, then return to the game and vote for Cobalt. I'm seriously getting frustrated that scum is pulling so hard on town's strings here.
BTW, fuck you too. What's with the personal attack against anyone not voting for Cobalt? 'Walk away, give your head a wobble to makes sure it's screwed on, then return to the game and vote for Cobalt'? Might as well just have said that anyone not on the Cobalt wagon is dumb and not right in the head, because it would have been easier for us dumb folk to understand what you are saying.
In post 292, Maverick1102 wrote:Your scumminess needs fixing. With a lynch. I don't care if I'm tunnelled, I'm tunnelled on scum.
Let's talk about double standards. in Post #253/Iso #19, you call out 0x40 for being tunneled and tell him to stop it because it's distracting. But as soon as you do it, it's completely fine? Get off your high horse.
In post 369, Maverick1102 wrote:That's a wild switch. Ryan why have you gone from seemingly scumreading Cobalt in your #350 and pushing on him, to suddenly scumreading me for calling for votes on my #1 scumread which I have held ALL DAY and explained at least once in full.

Seems rather odd, no?
In post 371, Maverick1102 wrote:Look, every post I've made that displays my case. I'm not rewording it for those who are too lazy to reread it.
Still don't understand why couldn't have reworded it, and presented in one summarized post. If it meant helping the town, why didn't you just do it? It seems to me that you'd rather put getting your agenda through more important than helping the town and convincing them to join your cause. If you want the town to join your side, then yeah, you have to work a little extra. Not insult them for not voting for the person you're voting for nor for not thinking the way you think (Post #360/Iso #30, Post #400/Iso #35).
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:10 pm

Post by reso »

In post 457, reso wrote:It seems to me that you'd rather put getting your agenda through more important than helping...
EBWoP: "It seems to me that you find putting your agenda through and in action more important than helping..."
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:55 pm

Post by Maverick1102 »

Waaaaaall of text. Okay yeah I'll read that when I have time but you votecounts are off - Hiplop was also on the cobalt wagon if memory serves have a look.
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:10 pm

Post by reso »

So, I still don't have much, if anything, to post about Vedith. So, I'll just start by posting his thoughts about me.
In post 424, Vedith wrote:
reso
- I feel the reaction to the L1 was over exaggerated. What I didn't like though, was
the voting before hand
and putting RyanK and IV as his suspects with the impression that he doesn't care who is lynched from them.
First of all, I don't quite understand the wording of the bold. Because in my Post #64/Iso #5, I explain my reasoning and vote afterwards, and not before. There are follow up inquiries about my reason and answer them as them. But that shouldn't be counted as my reasoning after my vote.

And I did show care for who I'd rather see lynched first, and a secondary reason why. I don't know what you are looking at exactly.
In post 424, Vedith wrote:The reasoning was bad as well, because he used him in an example. I didn't feel that he was trying to pressure with his vote, so I'm not sure what he was hoping for by voting other than looking town.
I agree that my reasoning is bad here. I feel like to try and get out of RVS, someone has to go out of their own way to attack someone in a weird way, so I decided to go out on a limb and attack something that I felt was a possible scum slip. Before this post, the game was stuck in a state of RVS/RQS and theory-questioning. And afterwards, discussion about the actual game at hand started to flow. I may have gotten a bit aggressive, but you are right in that I was not trying to pressure anyone with this vote.
In post 424, Vedith wrote:His stops voting IV (keeping in mind he barley mentions him, even though his vote is still on IV) and turns to Maverick briefly.
My vote on Maverick.... was serious, but admittedly dumber-than-dumb. IN MY DEFENSE, everyone else beforehand referred to innocentvillager as IV, and at the other forum that I play at, innocents are referred to as 'inno'. I was just being a dumb.
In post 424, Vedith wrote:Giving a 3 strike policy lynch rule is terrible and anti town. Policy lynches are always anti town imo (Go on, challenge me with that comment!).
I agree with you that Policy Lynches are always anti-town, but only so in the statistical sense, that there will always be more town than there are scum. I don't lynch by policy for the sake for the sake of the town. I do so for the sake of the game. If a player does some bad in general game-wise, I will call them out on it, but if said player continues their bad general play and/or behavior, then I will happily vote to get rid of them.

Example: one of my most recent finished games was a 45-man literal-day period chocolate game. There were many lurkers and the mods could not find enough subs. Mass mod-killing would have broken the game, so we instead opted to regularly policy lynch the lurkers and inactives. It also allowed for extending discussion time. While the majority of those that were PL'd were town, there were some scum that were PL'd as well.

I use policy lynches for the sake of the game, not for the sake of the town.
In post 424, Vedith wrote:If he was that angry, he would gave pressured instead of giving out a warning.
I chose to give a warning instead of extreme pressuring because this is a NEWBIE GAME. A game where newbies come to learn to play the game. Looking at Rusty's previous posts, it was evident that he was a bonafide newbie. I did not want to scare him away like what happened in my own first game, so I gave him a warning instead of further pressuring.
In post 424, Vedith wrote:Hammering so soon in the day is a strong scum tell generally(I don't believe that he realised it was a hammer).
Can this also be said for newbies?
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:20 pm

Post by reso »

In post 459, Maverick1102 wrote:Waaaaaall of text. Okay yeah I'll read that when I have time but you votecounts are off - Hiplop was also on the cobalt wagon if memory serves have a look.
Ah, yes. It does seem I have missed hiplop's vote in #173/Iso #6. So the PhantomCobalt wagon does indeed get up to L-1.

With the exception of the vote count in that post, nothing else is changed by this information screw-up.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:36 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 413, PhantomCobalt wrote:Guys if i get lynched don't go after Mav, I'm almost certain that me vs. him is TvT
If PhantomCobalt is a scum, Maverick1102 is 100% in trouble as it is extremely logical for him to protect Maverick1102, his scumbuddy, or maybe that's what he wants us to think, so we should do the opposite, that is not lynch Maverick1102 as he may pretend to protect Maverick1102 so we lynch him. However, he also knows that we are very likely not to lynch Maverick1102 if that's the case, so he would protect his scumbuddy, Maverick1102, attempting to protect him after his death, so we should do the opposite, that's lynch Maverick1102. However, he also knows that we may lynch whoever he protected, so he protects a townie so we would lynch Maverick1102 an innocent townie after his death, so we should do the opposite...

Alright, I admit, it's a WIFOM. However, according to reso's points it just seems extremely likely which is PhantomCobalt doing. But if PhantomCobalt flips town, this post would be of no value in supporting Maverick1102 as scum.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:37 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 457, reso wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 272, Maverick1102 wrote:I'm getting rather sick of the double standards in this game.

Cobalt puts someone at L-1, doesn't draw attention to it hoping someone will hammer and it very (very) nearly works but for a fluffed vote and a technicality in the rules.
I put someone at L-2, I draw attention to when it progresses to L-1 and I ask for intent to hammer and all of a sudden I'm scum?

Cobalt quickly backtracks (having no conviction in his vote-SCUM) and looks to earn townpoints by looking about for ways to not have the hammer apply (eventually settling on the same rule quote I do) and somehow succeeds.
I vote a legitimate scumread, ask for more votes, ask for intent to hammer and a claim and yet somehow I'm scummy for it?
First of all, you never put someone at L-2. Your only vote you've had to this point was your RVS (and thus not 'legitimate') vote of PhantomCobalt, which put him to L-4, which you've kept to this point as well. Then came IV's #106/Iso #12, and then RyanK's #222/Iso #64. And that's the highest it gets because RyanK unvotes in #255. I am not counting Rusty's RVS Post/#26 vote nor his #35 vote. Only if Rusty's vote were included would it have been possible for PhantomCobalt to be L-1. I find it questionable that you were able to accept Rusty's fakehammer as illegitimate, but proceed to include his vote onto the PhantomCobalt wagon.

And what double standards? The most anyone said about your vote was PhantomCobalt's #169, and then your vote went largely unnoticed because of the RyanK 'there is not scummy evidence against me' argument and the Vaxkiller's wording argument.

Your vote was not legitmate because it was initially an RVS vote. You didn't ask for more votes. In Post #168, you say that you are happy with you vote, and ask for people to state why they aren't joining you on the PhantomCobalt wagon, despite not having done anything convince anyone else to join you up to that point, such as typing up a case for us. RyanK does vote you because of your calling for an intent to hammer, but you were able to quickly convince on why you think it's a good idea. I called you out on an admittedly dumber-than-dumb reason, which I then jumped off after you explained it so. And PhantomCobalt jumps on for reasons of weak logic (and a little bit of OMGUS, I'm willing to believe). So 1/3 of the people that voted for you on that intent to hammer and claim.
In post 272, Maverick1102 wrote:If anybody thinks scum isn't on my wagon (cough COBALT cough) then you seriously need to walk away, give your head a wobble to make sure it's screwed on, then return to the game and vote for Cobalt. I'm seriously getting frustrated that scum is pulling so hard on town's strings here.
BTW, fuck you too. What's with the personal attack against anyone not voting for Cobalt? 'Walk away, give your head a wobble to makes sure it's screwed on, then return to the game and vote for Cobalt'? Might as well just have said that anyone not on the Cobalt wagon is dumb and not right in the head, because it would have been easier for us dumb folk to understand what you are saying.
In post 292, Maverick1102 wrote:Your scumminess needs fixing. With a lynch. I don't care if I'm tunnelled, I'm tunnelled on scum.
Let's talk about double standards. in Post #253/Iso #19, you call out 0x40 for being tunneled and tell him to stop it because it's distracting. But as soon as you do it, it's completely fine? Get off your high horse.
In post 369, Maverick1102 wrote:That's a wild switch. Ryan why have you gone from seemingly scumreading Cobalt in your #350 and pushing on him, to suddenly scumreading me for calling for votes on my #1 scumread which I have held ALL DAY and explained at least once in full.

Seems rather odd, no?
In post 371, Maverick1102 wrote:Look, every post I've made that displays my case. I'm not rewording it for those who are too lazy to reread it.
Still don't understand why couldn't have reworded it, and presented in one summarized post. If it meant helping the town, why didn't you just do it? It seems to me that you'd rather put getting your agenda through more important than helping the town and convincing them to join your cause. If you want the town to join your side, then yeah, you have to work a little extra. Not insult them for not voting for the person you're voting for nor for not thinking the way you think (Post #360/Iso #30, Post #400/Iso #35).
I had already found another reason he may be scum, but PhantomCobalt has got to be revealed to be scum for it to be true. Here's the quote.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:39 pm

Post by RyanK »

Sorry, messed up my previous two posts because I wrote both of them seperately. Let me rephrase it.
In post 457, reso wrote:
Spoiler:

Seems rather odd, no?
I had already found another reason he may be scum, but PhantomCobalt has got to be revealed to be scum for it to be true. Here's the quote.[/quote]
In post 462, RyanK wrote:
In post 413, PhantomCobalt wrote:Guys if i get lynched don't go after Mav, I'm almost certain that me vs. him is TvT
If PhantomCobalt is a scum, Maverick1102 is 100% in trouble as it is extremely logical for him to protect Maverick1102, his scumbuddy, or maybe that's what he wants us to think, so we should do the opposite, that is not lynch Maverick1102 as he may pretend to protect Maverick1102 so we lynch him. However, he also knows that we are very likely not to lynch Maverick1102 if that's the case, so he would protect his scumbuddy, Maverick1102, attempting to protect him after his death, so we should do the opposite, that's lynch Maverick1102. However, he also knows that we may lynch whoever he protected, so he protects a townie so we would lynch Maverick1102 an innocent townie after his death, so we should do the opposite...

Alright, I admit, it's a WIFOM. However, according to reso's points it just seems extremely likely which is PhantomCobalt doing. But if PhantomCobalt flips town, this post would be of no value in supporting Maverick1102 as scum.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:46 pm

Post by RyanK »

Any last words before I place the hammer vote, PhantomCobalt?
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:50 pm

Post by reso »

In post 465, RyanK wrote:Any last words before I place the hammer vote, PhantomCobalt?
OI.

You're going to hammer at a time when people aren't very available, and before he's had a chance to retort to any following criticism?

:evil:
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:53 pm

Post by reso »

From his posts, he is typically actively starting in 12 hours and you asking him NOW if he has last words?
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:01 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 464, RyanK wrote:If PhantomCobalt is a scum, Maverick1102 is 100% in trouble as it is extremely logical for him to protect Maverick1102
Maverick was never under pressure. Phantom, As scum, will know Maverick's align and therefore probably try to buddy up or confuse the reads.
He seems to believe that Maverick is the most vocal in lynching him (which is the case) so I can see him trying to shoot this down as scum.
I'm not sure why Maverick will be in trouble here for that post alone.
I claim scum \o/
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:04 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 466, reso wrote:
In post 465, RyanK wrote:Any last words before I place the hammer vote, PhantomCobalt?
OI.

You're going to hammer at a time when people aren't very available, and before he's had a chance to retort to any following criticism?

:evil:
In post 467, reso wrote:From his posts, he is typically actively starting in 12 hours and you asking him NOW if he has last words?
Don't worry, I'm giving him 24 hours to respond to my previous post asking for last words. (Although I didn't state it.)
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:10 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 468, Vedith wrote:
In post 464, RyanK wrote:If PhantomCobalt is a scum, Maverick1102 is 100% in trouble as it is extremely logical for him to protect Maverick1102
Maverick was never under pressure. Phantom, As scum, will know Maverick's align and therefore probably try to buddy up or confuse the reads.
He seems to believe that Maverick is the most vocal in lynching him (which is the case) so I can see him trying to shoot this down as scum.
I'm not sure why Maverick will be in trouble here for that post alone.
Alright, maybe it's already a mess up even before PhantomCobalt flips scum as WIFOM situations are generally unreliable for scum reads on second thought.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:41 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 406, reso wrote:I'll start with RyanK, I guess. He's been the easiest person to read this game so far.

While going through RyanK's ISO, I actually found his Post #193/Iso #52 pretty interesting, because of how I typically perceive how Newbie games are set up. I am of the understanding that the mafia is typically composed one experienced player and one newer player so the experienced player can more or less guide/teach the newbie on mafia play. I think it's also worth pointing out that, with the exception of his vote on me in Post #180/Iso #42 (because I more or less goaded him into it) and Vaxkiller in Post #124/Iso #26 (for the sake of a reaction????), all of his votes and actual suspicions up to this point were for either the IC or the SE's. If I were the mafia, the easy way to win a newbie game would be to first slow down the amount of useful information getting into the thread, and the easiest way to do that would be to get rid of those with the experience. Also worth noting, it took a 12 post period of time for him to voice who he thought was scum and actually voting for said scum suspects.

And he goes and does a decent amount of analyzing and countering and scum searching afterwards, but then we get to his #381/Iso #101:
In post 381, RyanK wrote:VOTE: innocentvillager. Random voting again.
You did a great deal of arguing and conversing, and you just don't have leads or thoughts about anyone??? And so you resort to random voting again??? You even made a list of who is most likely to be scum in Post #303/Iso #82, and you still revert to 'random voting'? This is most questionable indeed. Also worth noting that all of your 'random' votes have been of IV (except for that very first one, but you quickly switched to a vote for IV in the post after).
Actually, PhantomCobalt and Maverick1102 had persuaded me they aren't scum succesfully only because they had defended the only reasons I had to say they are scum. I decided that I would vote for a random person while I look for something that is scummy, which is when I found post 27 where Maverick is asking Rusty, who has regenerated into Vedith, how he think about his interections with PhantomCobalt. So I just took it to poke a reaction, where Maverick seemed to be quite extraordinarily raged.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:03 pm

Post by RyanK »

PhantomCobalt, please make a statement in (expired on 2016-07-29 19:34:31).
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:04 pm

Post by RyanK »

PhantomCobalt, please make a statement in (expired on 2016-07-29 19:34:31) or I'll quickhammer you.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:31 am

Post by Firebringer »

Dragon Training Tip #11. Fire training. Okay, this is always a difficult one for people, but fire training is a necessary component to get your dragon house fit. If not, well, you might not have a house for long. The trick to house training your dragon with its fire is by making sure anytime he breathes fire to rub his nose in it. They will realize the error in their ways as nobody likes their nose stuffed in a fire. After a few times, it will get the idea that breathing fire not n command is a no no.

Vote Count 1.12

Reso (L-5):
0x40 (L-4): Vaxkiller,
Vedith (L-4): PhantomCobalt,
Vaxkiller(L-5):
RyanK (L-4): Reso
innocentvillager (L-5):
PhantomCobalt (L-1): Maverick1102, innocentvillager, hiplop, Vedith,
Maverick1102 (L-4): RyanK,
hiplop (L-5):

Not Voting (1): 0x40,

With 9 Alive, It Takes 5 to Lynch
Day 1 Ends In (expired on 2016-08-01 20:00:00)

Mod Notes: Vedith replaces Rusty.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”