Mini 1869- camn's revenge

Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules) (13 players or fewer). Signups Here
Monokuma
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: December 12, 2016
Pronoun: They

Post Post #675  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:08 pm

Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 671, Monokuma wrote:
In post 668, Nachomamma8 wrote:the town case that I produce would largely look the same regardless of my alignment
Oh?

When you are scum, are the town cases you make on town particularly alignment indicative?
If I were aware they were alignment indicative, I'd stop them from being alignment indicative, but...... probably?

Nacho the real problem we're having is that mastina is a player who, by her own indication, is superb as scum. Also by her indication; you and have her plenty of experience with each other. So the fact that immediately upon making your entrance proper you townread her as town despite the mechanics of this setup making that less likely than it normally would be is... interesting. I wouldn't expect you to underestimate her, and yet you seem wholly confident in her alignment, so we figured there must be SOMETHING you saw, some super amazing secret magic way of reading mastina and you're holding out on us. But all you've given us is something about a gambit which... are you really saying you put gambits past scum mastina? Really? I mean, you're the one with experience with her but... huh. Makes a bear a little paranoid, ya know???
Let's give it everything we've got! It's punishment time!

Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
 
User avatar
Joined: June 05, 2009
Location: Chicago
Pronoun: He

Post Post #676  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:10 pm

In post 48, mastina wrote:Knowing this, I can say: pisskop, SirCakez, Prism, and BTD6_maker are all basically conftown. They haven't played with Pine recently as far as I know, and they're too young to have played with Pine in his glory days.

This assumes that Pine wasn't smart enough to do some cursory research on the people who could be parts of his dream team, and I find that to be a pretty solidly terrible assumption to make.

In post 54, mastina wrote:Strongman falls under the category of "roles not common when Pine was at his prime".
So no.

Pine doesn't pick strongman.

So the only role that we could be playing against is one that Pine is intimately familiar with?
Maybe if he's looking to reminisce, but if he wants a good chance of winning, probably not.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.

Monokuma
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: December 12, 2016
Pronoun: They

Post Post #677  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:10 pm

It's ALMOST as if... you planned this whole thing as a charade to justify not having to buss each other? Maybe? Huh, huh, huh???????
Let's give it everything we've got! It's punishment time!

SirCakez
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: June 18, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #678  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:13 pm

In post 656, mastina wrote:
In post 648, SirCakez wrote:Maybe yeah Pine predicted that people would be paranoid and then make "optimal picks" for his team. But then maybe he predicted that people would predict that (like you've been doing) and then make WIFOMy picks instead. But then maybe he predicted that people would predict THAT and went with the optimal picks instead.
etc
etc
etc
...And given this endless cycle which town players have no way of thinking about...
...Pine goes with the most obvious picks because it's what serves him best. It's what gives him the strongest team.

And I know this because I fucking know Pine. He's not going to waste the potential of this game on some random shitty picks. He's going to stack his team as much as he can possibly stack his team.

I'm saying ignore wifom.
Ignore the possibility of Pine choosing wifom picks.
And just go with what makes the most sense for Pine to pick.
DISCARDING WIFOM ENTIRELY. Who does Pine pick?
And that's what I'm saying we should do, because yes Pine doesn't give a damn about being blatantly obvious with scumpicks.

....we're going in circles
In post 658, Fate wrote:SirCakez not addressing any of my posts since he wrote me off as scum?

Mhmmmm add another one ot the pile

I did address your posts earlier, they suck
Get to know a Cakez!

Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
 
User avatar
Joined: June 05, 2009
Location: Chicago
Pronoun: He

Post Post #679  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:19 pm

In post 676, Monokuma wrote:Nacho the real problem we're having is that mastina is a player who, by her own indication, is superb as scum. Also by her indication; you and have her plenty of experience with each other. So the fact that immediately upon making your entrance proper you townread her as town despite the mechanics of this setup making that less likely than it normally would be is... interesting. I wouldn't expect you to underestimate her, and yet you seem wholly confident in her alignment, so we figured there must be SOMETHING you saw, some super amazing secret magic way of reading mastina and you're holding out on us. But all you've given us is something about a gambit which... are you really saying you put gambits past scum mastina? Really? I mean, you're the one with experience with her but... huh. Makes a bear a little paranoid, ya know???

Being a good scum player doesn't mean you can't be fairly obvious town when town.
The reason I'm townreading her is not because I think it would be Mastina gambitting as scum; I don't think she approaches the game as scum this way at all. I'm not particularly interested in explaining it because it's a bunch of experiential feels and it would take something beyond delusion to get her lynched today which I also don't forsee. I think that the "you and mastin planned this so you wouldn't have to bus each other!!!!!" theory is the type of thing you type out and then realize is silly as shit, but if not, feel free to keep pushing it and brightening my day!
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.

Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
 
User avatar
Joined: June 05, 2009
Location: Chicago
Pronoun: He

Post Post #680  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:21 pm

In post 72, mastina wrote:I think the simplest solution here is to just line up lynches. Lynch Nacho today. He flips town, you lynch me. I'll flip town, but then D3 you lynch Fate and 100% guarantee you, you'll have lynched scum.

...and you'll have pushed the game to LyLo in order to lynch one scum for no information. Back in my day, we would have called this a "shit ass plan".
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.

Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
 
User avatar
Joined: June 05, 2009
Location: Chicago
Pronoun: He

Post Post #681  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:24 pm

In post 115, BTD6_maker wrote:VOTE: Mastina

It seems like you have played a lot of games with Pine. (I am completely ignoring posts made by Pine). At this early stage I would consider you marginally more likely to be scum.

This reasoning seems exceptionally shallow.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.

Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
 
User avatar
Joined: June 05, 2009
Location: Chicago
Pronoun: He

Post Post #682  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:38 pm

In post 148, Fate wrote:I dont know who this Pine guy is and we have zero history so this speculation that I was drafted by him is scum or just wrong


Maybe I'll read the same at some point

you don't think he couldn't have heard of you...?
my god this is a weak rebuttal.

In post 156, Monokuma wrote:is interesting! Any scum worth their salt knows that when you get confirmed as mafia, you shut the hell up! Otherwise you risk dropping associative left and right and front and center and up and down and other directions, ones that you pitiful creatures that exist only in three dimensions can scarcely even CONCEIVE of! I would have brought in a man in a lab coat to pretend to be a scientist and explain that further, but I'm a bear; which is a scientist's natural predator!

But Pine has to post! They have to! Shocking! That means Pine is probably on his toes about what he says and what the potential meanings are. That means Pine is going to interact both with his partners and with town. Do you think you can tell what's in jest from what's genuine? That presumes that some of what he says IS genuine! We're not so sure... in fact, we would suggest entirely ignoring everything Pine says! Moving on...

Your argument here is that when a player is confirmed as mafia, they should be quiet since talking means they risk dropping associative.
And yet, because Pine has to post, it means that we should ignore his posts (because he doesn't risk dropping associatives anymore? or something?). Could you explain what you meant for a slow and broken soul just one more time?

In post 164, Aeronaut wrote:That's actually probably a smart idea. Idk if I will, though.

Did you understand something in that I didn't?

In post 187, Secret Agent Jin wrote:Did Pine pick players he knew the majority would not think of or did he double back and pick players that are too obvious to be on his team.

If Pine played smart, he picked players who were low risk, high reward (the players I outlined earlier). It's completely possible he went for one high profile player to take them away from the town, but it's certainly not necessary for him to get a win.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.

Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
 
User avatar
Joined: June 05, 2009
Location: Chicago
Pronoun: He

Post Post #683  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:44 pm

In post 248, mastina wrote:He knows what people think of him: Some amazing scum player who is a mastermind. A genius. He isn't predictable. He is hard to catch. So his moves aren't going to be able to be deciphered. This is what Pine knows people think of him. So Pine will just do what makes the most sense: just go with the choices which are most optimal.

Except... you are town.
Saying that he would draft that way against a group of strangers, fine.
But you are town.

I know that you said that Pine didn't take mastina countermeasures, but he'd have to be an idiot to follow that line of thought when you are town.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.

Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
 
User avatar
Joined: June 05, 2009
Location: Chicago
Pronoun: He

Post Post #684  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:50 pm

It's always weird when you're talking to someone and they just poof out!
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.

Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
 
User avatar
Joined: June 05, 2009
Location: Chicago
Pronoun: He

Post Post #685  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:57 pm

In post 338, Secret Agent Jin wrote:So Pine, like, are you trying to keep him alive by making us think you want him lynched and then we think he is town because you would never say to lynch your own team but you actually did pick him for your team? Or are you trying to get him lynched by saying to lynch him which we think is actually your attempt to save a scum member so we would consider him town and then we actually lynch him because we would say you knew we would townread him for what you did but actually we scumread him and my brain exploded.

What does Pine gain from saying he wants a Nacho lynch actually say? I think Pine knows we would townread Nacho for that so he said it because he actually wants us to scumread Nacho but we are smarter than to fall for Pine's trap and he knows that so he thinks we will townread Nacho when we actually need to scumread nacho.

I quit, i am out, im done, im going to bed.

It's probably one or the other.
I don't find that to be a particularly indicative Pine post.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.

Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
 
User avatar
Joined: June 05, 2009
Location: Chicago
Pronoun: He

Post Post #686  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:57 pm

In post 338, Secret Agent Jin wrote:So Pine, like, are you trying to keep him alive by making us think you want him lynched and then we think he is town because you would never say to lynch your own team but you actually did pick him for your team? Or are you trying to get him lynched by saying to lynch him which we think is actually your attempt to save a scum member so we would consider him town and then we actually lynch him because we would say you knew we would townread him for what you did but actually we scumread him and my brain exploded.

What does Pine gain from saying he wants a Nacho lynch actually say? I think Pine knows we would townread Nacho for that so he said it because he actually wants us to scumread Nacho but we are smarter than to fall for Pine's trap and he knows that so he thinks we will townread Nacho when we actually need to scumread nacho.

I quit, i am out, im done, im going to bed.

It's probably one or the other.
I don't find that to be a particularly indicative Pine post.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.

Pine
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: In Camn's head
Pronoun: He

Post Post #687  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:53 pm

Yeah? You wouldn't, would you?
Evil Pine avatar is being used because of CAMN'S REVENGE. Come spectate!

Pine
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: In Camn's head
Pronoun: He

Post Post #688  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:53 pm

Mastina, your new avatar is great. Don't ruin it with color.
Evil Pine avatar is being used because of CAMN'S REVENGE. Come spectate!

Prism
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: August 19, 2015

Post Post #689  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:59 pm

I've got time in like 5 hours so expect some more from me then. In the meantime nobody appears to have any idea what the fuck they're doing with Pine so just cut it out and play mafia, you're like the people who insist on playing hustlers in Central Park. Your strength is playing mafia not WIFOM.

Prism
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: August 19, 2015

Post Post #690  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:02 pm

Like yes there's ways to beat the hustlers but "I BET PINE PICKED NACHO AND FATE AND PRESIDENT BUSH AND THE STONE IS UNDER THE RIGHT CUP" is not one of them.

Pine
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: In Camn's head
Pronoun: He

Post Post #691  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:09 pm

The stone is always in the hustler's hand.

That isn't the important hand to be watching, though.
Evil Pine avatar is being used because of CAMN'S REVENGE. Come spectate!

camn
soundtracker
 
User avatar
Joined: April 14, 2008
Location: GMT +9
Pronoun: She

Post Post #692  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:21 pm

VOTE COUNT 1 . 8
    Secret Agent Jin --- 0 ( ) L- 7
    BTD6_MAKER --------- 0 ( ) L- 7
    TheRealGin-N-Tonic - 4 ( Monokuma, Prism, Secret Agent Jin, mastina, ) L- 3
    Nachomamma8 -------- 2 ( TheRealGin-N-Tonic, Fate, ) L- 5
    Fate --------------- 2 ( Aeronaut, pisskop, Pine ) L- 5
    drealmerz7 --------- 1 ( Vaxkiller, ) L- 6
    Monokuma ----------- 0 ( ) L- 7
    mastina ------------ 3 ( drealmerz7, SirCakez, BTD6_MAKER, ) L- 4
    Aeronaut ----------- 0 ( ) L- 7
    Prism -------------- 0 ( ) L- 7
    SirCakez ----------- 0 ( ) L- 7
    Vaxkiller ---------- 0 ( ) L- 7
    pisskop ------------ 0 ( ) L- 7

    Not Voting - 1 ( Nachomamma8, )

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to Lynch
Deadline is in 3 days, 16 hours, 46 minutes
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2

pisskop
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: November 14, 2013
Location: HushedWeights the Submerged Valley

Post Post #693  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:54 pm

Sorry, camn, I dont have time for this game

replace me :(
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
PRM Wiki - A wiki in development for said mod.

camn
soundtracker
 
User avatar
Joined: April 14, 2008
Location: GMT +9
Pronoun: She

Post Post #694  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:20 pm

Aristophanes replaces pisskop, effective immediately.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2

Aristophanes
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 30, 2014
Location: Mount Olympus
Pronoun: He

Post Post #695  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:23 pm

Yo yo yo!!

I told you guys I'd be here eventually! :)

Have I missed any good partying and/or trolling? :)
"Aristo, you're way too cheerful, it's like trying to talk to my evil twin" -- Kuribo
"He is not the shitposter we need, but the shitposter we deserve" -- Not_Mafia

Aristophanes
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 30, 2014
Location: Mount Olympus
Pronoun: He

Post Post #696  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:23 pm

Camn, I love your Mod colour!!
"Aristo, you're way too cheerful, it's like trying to talk to my evil twin" -- Kuribo
"He is not the shitposter we need, but the shitposter we deserve" -- Not_Mafia

TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 03, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #697  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:25 pm

We almost put a ball gag on Pine, it's been a hoot
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.

Aristophanes
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 30, 2014
Location: Mount Olympus
Pronoun: He

Post Post #698  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:26 pm

In post 697, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:We almost put a ball gag on Pine, it's been a hoot
Hahaha!
This is definitely my kind of party then!
"Aristo, you're way too cheerful, it's like trying to talk to my evil twin" -- Kuribo
"He is not the shitposter we need, but the shitposter we deserve" -- Not_Mafia

TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 03, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #699  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:29 pm

In post 698, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 697, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:We almost put a ball gag on Pine, it's been a hoot
Hahaha!
This is definitely my kind of party then!


Oh yeah, we got the cat nine tails and floggers but between you and I, Camn isn't exactly the best at making the knots tight :shifty:
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Coney Island