Open 581: Making Friends and Enemies! (Game over)

Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:09 am

Post by Grib »

Hi there.

VOTE: I Love Fairies
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:54 am

Post by Grib »

Who, me?

VOTE: Riddleton

L-2
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:57 am

Post by Grib »

I like for my first vote to be on someone I've played with before.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:19 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 47, Whatisswag wrote:
In post 18, Grib wrote:I like for my first vote to be on someone I've played with before.

And why is that not me? I feel so sad.

Well, I can only vote for one person at a time.

Why are you worrying about the Masons and tossing around self-meta? It's more distracting than anything else.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #4) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:27 pm

Post by Grib »

No one should ever be happy with a Grib vote.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Green Crayons

Hi there, fellow Williamsburgite.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:45 am

Post by Grib »

In post 73, Riddleton wrote:
In post 70, Grib wrote:No one should ever be happy with a Grib vote.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Green Crayons

Hi there, fellow Williamsburgite.

We're not in RVS anymore.

How else am I supposed to attempt interaction with people who haven't posted much? Should I wait for them to come running to me?

Mathdino, why. Just why.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:23 am

Post by Grib »

I'm not trying to prolong RVS, it's just that I already have reads on the people who are or have been active. I don't want to vote for any of them. The points raised against elle and Kaboose are meh.

I'll just wait until people return from their holidays.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #7) » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:54 pm

Post by Grib »

Hydra = two people sharing an account. Hydra slipping is when they accidentally post from their main accounts.

Hypoclaiming is when we all claim as if we were all a particular PR, in case said PR dies. Their flip proves that their particular claim is the real one (I may be wrong here, I've never taken part in a hypoclaim). This prevents the real PR from claiming alone and getting shot right away.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (isolation #8) » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:19 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 120, Green Crayons wrote:Hello. I live in Williamsburg, yes. Are you there because of undergrad, graduate school, or just life.

(I look forward to how our pleasant conversation about life outside of this game will inspire conversation relevant to this game.)

Undergrad shenanigans.

You focused on Swag and Corpses, what do you think of ILF?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (isolation #9) » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:47 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 131, davesaz wrote:
In post 67, Grib wrote:
In post 47, Whatisswag wrote:
In post 18, Grib wrote:I like for my first vote to be on someone I've played with before.

And why is that not me? I feel so sad.

Well, I can only vote for one person at a time.

Why are you worrying about the Masons and tossing around self-meta? It's more distracting than anything else.

Was there a satisfying answer to this question?

Nope.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (isolation #10) » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:49 pm

Post by Grib »

Hm.

VOTE: davesaz

Ask less pointless questions.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (isolation #11) » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:58 pm

Post by Grib »

Green Eyes: what prompted you to do a full analysis of ILF's posts but only post generic thoughts on Corpses and Swag?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (isolation #12) » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:58 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 136, davesaz wrote:
In post 134, Grib wrote:Hm.

VOTE: davesaz

Ask less pointless questions.

Patience, grasshopper. The point will be clearer in time.

If by "point" you mean "the rest of my teammates," then I'm all for patience.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #13) » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:16 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 139, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 137, Grib wrote:Green Eyes: what prompted you to do a full analysis of ILF's posts but only post generic thoughts on Corpses and Swag?

Is this a joke?

In post 124, Grib wrote:
In post 120, Green Crayons wrote:Hello. I live in Williamsburg, yes. Are you there because of undergrad, graduate school, or just life.

(I look forward to how our pleasant conversation about life outside of this game will inspire conversation relevant to this game.)
Undergrad shenanigans.

You focused on Swag and Corpses, what do you think of ILF?

I never joke.

When I asked for your thoughts on ILF, I was expecting a post similar to the one on Corpses and Swag. I was just wondering why you went more in-depth with ILF.

In post 140, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 138, Grib wrote:If by "point" you mean "the rest of my teammates," then I'm all for patience.

This strikes me as something scum would say, trying to be clever.

Do you really think that?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #14) » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:42 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 142, Green Crayons wrote:I went more in-depth because I didn't have a coherent feeling towards Fairies. Hence the lack of any comment about her. The same goes for any other player I have yet to comment about. Your inquiry prompted me to solidify how I felt. I conveyed the process and end result, per request.

Yes. It's not a "slip" (I hate that buzzword) or anything of that magnitude, but it's a comment that looks more like clever scum than town.

Okay. Thank you for explaining.

I get that a lot. It's honestly a nulltell, and is more just my way of goofing off a bit. If you meta me, or if we play more games together, you'd see.

Are you saying cleverness is exclusively a scum trait?

In post 143, Green Crayons wrote:(Also how's undergrad life? I finished grad school here and am sticking around for job stuff until the end of this summer. The 'Burg is a perfectly fine place to live for a few years . . . but, holy shit, I'll be happy to head up to RVA before the end of 2015.)

Personally, I'm really enjoying it. Dormmates are all really cool, I have a nice circle of friends, I'm involved in a few clubs that help alleviate work stress, etc. The Cheese Shop is the only building that matters in the entire city.

In post 144, davesaz wrote:
In post 141, Grib wrote:
In post 140, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 138, Grib wrote:If by "point" you mean "the rest of my teammates," then I'm all for patience.

This strikes me as something scum would say, trying to be clever.

Do you really think that?

Do you always jump to conclusions about whether there is a point to a question or not, or only when you're scum?

What do you think?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (isolation #15) » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:53 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 146, Green Crayons wrote:
@Grib:

In post 145, Grib wrote:I get that a lot. It's honestly a nulltell, and is more just my way of goofing off a bit. If you meta me, or if we play more games together, you'd see.

1. You get what a lot?

2. What exactly would your meta show me?

Oh, just comments that look like "clever scum" rather than town. They crop up a lot.

What are you thinking about davesaz?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (isolation #16) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:14 am

Post by Grib »

In post 155, awesomeusername wrote:I'm having trouble getting reads on Grib and GC because I keep getting them mixed up. The combined posts of mostly-black with green avatar seem pro-town to me, but I don't have much of a read on either yet.

In post 155, awesomeusername wrote:My early town reads are swag, GC, corpses, and riddle.

Did you catch something while writing this post that suddenly made Green Crayons a townread?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (isolation #17) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:16 am

Post by Grib »

In post 150, Green Crayons wrote:(Also, don't overdo the Cheese Shop. I spent my first year here hitting that place up at least three times a week for lunch. And not only did my bank account hate me, but I really,
really
don't like eating there any more because I just overdid it. Even though it's where company always wants to eat when they visit. Be forewarned!

And enjoy undergrad. Good years, good times. Friends of mine who did undergrad here said it was a good place.)

I have a job, so setting a teeny bit of money aside for cheese probably won't come back to haunt me. All I ever really get is a quarter pound of whatever cheese and half a loaf of French bread because I'm boring.

But yeah I guess I could do with limiting the number of times I eat there per week. >_>
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (isolation #18) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:55 pm

Post by Grib »

davesaz, I'll get back to killing you shortly.

VOTE: awesomeusername

Some things I'd like you to elaborate on:

In post 155, awesomeusername wrote:@swag: How strong are your reads? In other words, how subject to change do you think they will be? Also, do you still think Rubik was scum trying to get more pre-game talk given that he still hasn't posted?

What is the purpose of the first question, and why are you asking Whatisswag specifically? Feel free to wait until he answers your questions before you answer mine.

The shift in focus onto a player who seems to not have even confirmed with the mod yet feels very scummy. The game starts when 10/13 confirm, so even if someone attempted to stall, it would ultimately be out of their hands.

In post 155, awesomeusername wrote:I'm having trouble getting reads on Grib and GC because I keep getting them mixed up.

Yet you have a townread on Green Crayons, and seem to still be undecided on me.

If our avatars confuse you that much, you could just look at our names instead. They're very different.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (isolation #19) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:41 am

Post by Grib »

Kaboose or Green Crayons: how is it scummy to tell the Masons to act like VTs (unless I'm interpreting Corpses incorrectly)? That's what they
should
be doing.

Riddleton, why are you hopping on Corpses?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (isolation #20) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:36 am

Post by Grib »

In post 188, Green Crayons wrote:Telling masons to be "dropping tells that they're not masons (not enough to be scummy ofc)" has no actual value because that is the obvious, logical play of being a mason. However, it's an action that looks like it has value because Corpses is supporting a play that benefits masons staying alive. So it looks like Corpses is taking action to look like he's advocating for a protown strategy, when really he's just advocating for basic game play.

Okay, so you think it doesn't have any value. That's fair. But if you actually go back and look at the interaction as it occurred, Corpses' post was in response to what he perceived as Masonfishing on Whatisswag's part. It wasn't an unprompted "hey guys Masons should totally
not
act like Masons duh" post.

In post 191, Cheetory6 wrote:What do you think of the points on whatisswag? I feel like you've danced around talking about him assuming I didn't just miss something in my readback.

Remind me what those points are?

In post 194, Kaboose wrote:I don't think he exactly said "Hey masons! Look like a couple of VTs yeah?!" I mean he said more along the lines of "Hey act scummy so we don't know you're masons, but not obvscum obviously." Like I see this as a great scum play. Tell the masons to act a certain way so you might be able to spot them, or so they act scummy and get lynched. That's what I see him attempting.

He said to drop tells that they aren't Masons, but yes, he also did mention that they shouldn't act too scummy.

I see it as null, along with directing PRs. Especially in this specific case, where he was telling the Masons to act in a way they should be acting. The reasoning here is bogus IMO, but what I actually dislike about the most this is Riddleton jumping on the wagon of someone he was townreading out of nowhere per your reasoning.

Riddleton: why? You said you liked Kaboose's reasoning, but it seems misguided at best. There wasn't anything to suggest you were even mildly suspicious of Corpses.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (isolation #21) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:43 am

Post by Grib »

Do me a favor and respond to the relevant part of the quote, and not the whole thing. Use bolding if you don't want to trim the quote.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (isolation #22) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:44 am

Post by Grib »

I think scum are just as capable of making a good point as anyone else. If someone has a townread and suddenly jumps on their wagon without any prior suspicions, I'm going to question it.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (isolation #23) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:55 am

Post by Grib »

In post 200, Kaboose wrote:I'm always afraid to trim, because I don't want people thinking I'm hiding something. Is it okay to trim?

Of course it's okay to trim. It makes it easier to see which of my sentences you're responding to.

In post 200, Kaboose wrote:But if you had town read someone the whole game, and then someone points something out that you didn't notice, does that mean you'll let it slide because you haven't been looking that way? I don't understand why it was handled wrong, or why you think it was anyways. How do we play the game if we're only allowed to think someone is scum if we've thought they were scum before we thought they were scum?

Short of a straight scumslip or a scumfirm from the mod, if you're just going to jump on someone's wagon because of a point raised by someone else (and not a very good one, sorry), it looks fishy and makes me wonder how strong/genuine the original townread was. It's not "letting it slide," so much as giving your townread the benefit of the doubt, because you think they are town. It's not the same thing as "this person is town now and forever no matter what."

And like I said, Riddleton gave no indication that he was suspicious of Corpses. Following someone's train of thought and seeing how their reads evolve is important, because scum have an act to keep up. Letting people vote whomever they want without saying why just makes it that much easier for town to lose.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (isolation #24) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:02 am

Post by Grib »

In post 203, Riddleton wrote:
There wasn't anything to suggest you were even mildly suspicious of Corpses.

You're exactly right -- I wasn't suspicious of Corpses earlier. In fact I townread them. Kaboose and GC brought up some good points against Corpses in this thread that I was oblivious to earlier, and thus I'm blatantly sheeping them! :D

Kaboose's point sucks, and Green Crayons' is "I don't like their interactions with Whatisswag, and half of the hydra is present." Half of that isn't even really a reason.

What don't you like about the Corpses/Swag back-and-forth?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (isolation #25) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:03 am

Post by Grib »

In post 205, Kaboose wrote:
@Grib
Okay, sorry to put you through all that, but it seemed weird. Makes a little more sense now. Not that you need my permission, continue on.

Continue on with what?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (isolation #26) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:08 am

Post by Grib »

Oh.

I don't know why you felt the need to tell me to go on with what I was already doing, but okay.

What do you think of davesaz and Green Crayons?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (isolation #27) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:11 am

Post by Grib »

In post 210, Cheetory6 wrote:I kind of got a little bit jumbled with the timeline of what was going on because I got a little too focused on Swag during my readthrough, so I guess a better question is why did you comment on elle/Kaboose and not on Riddleton who had three votes at the time in the quote I posted before?

Because I had a townread on him, and no reads on the other two.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (isolation #28) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:53 am

Post by Grib »

In post 213, Cheetory6 wrote:
@Grib
, when did you have a townread on Riddle and why?

I liked his question to me when I put him at L-2. I've liked his posts since then, with the exception of and .
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (isolation #29) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:14 pm

Post by Grib »

awesomeusername: I asked you a question and I was satisfied enough that I didn't feel the need to respond to you.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (isolation #30) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:16 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 209, Grib wrote:Oh.

I don't know why you felt the need to tell me to go on with what I was already doing, but okay.

What do you think of davesaz and Green Crayons?

Hey Kaboose, in case you missed this.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (isolation #31) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:31 pm

Post by Grib »

I'm working on other reads.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (isolation #32) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:05 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 237, davesaz wrote:VOTE: Whatisswag

fuck
off
asshole

I probably wouldn't have had much of a problem with your pressure on Whatisswag if it weren't for this. You voted him because he upset you, and now you're going back and suddenly finding reasons for him being scummy. It just seems more convenient/lazy than genuine.

And then you felt the need to explicitly justify it here:

In post 259, davesaz wrote:In case you haven't figured it out from my other posting, my vote is not currently an OMGUS. I'm seeing scummy things that have nothing to do with you incorrectly scum reading my playstyle.

when I'm pretty sure nobody accused you of OMGUS'ing.

Give me a read on elle with reasoning, when you get the time. I know you were asked this recently:

In post 271, davesaz wrote:
In post 261, Cheetory6 wrote:
davesaz wrote:If not, I'd like you to at least look over Elle and tell me what you think of her play thus far.

and look reasonable, but there isn't really enough said to get a full read.

She has almost 30 posts. Surely there's something in there that makes you think she's leaning town or scum?

In post 310, Whatisswag wrote:Also, I will take note to not play with elle in future games as she has distorted logic.

How so?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (isolation #33) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:54 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 316, davesaz wrote:
In post 312, Grib wrote:
Give me a read on elle with reasoning, when you get the time. I know you were asked this recently:
She has almost 30 posts. Surely there's something in there that makes you think she's leaning town or scum?

Null leaning scum. At the point in time of my previous answer, she was null-town. Since then the only things she has posted have been to take my side in my push on swag. She even asked if I thought her defending me was town or scum. This doesn't seem very town to me, it's like she wanted to know if it was safe to continue or not.

Are you going to push her? This looks like a great opportunity for a push.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (isolation #34) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:10 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 314, davesaz wrote:
In post 312, Grib wrote:
I probably wouldn't have had much of a problem with your pressure on Whatisswag if it weren't for this. You voted him because he upset you, and now you're going back and suddenly finding reasons for him being scummy. It just seems more convenient/lazy than genuine.

And then you felt the need to explicitly justify it here:

In post 259, davesaz wrote:In case you haven't figured it out from my other posting, my vote is not currently an OMGUS. I'm seeing scummy things that have nothing to do with you incorrectly scum reading my playstyle.

when I'm pretty sure nobody accused you of OMGUS'ing.

1. I use an argument technique that I call disarming the opposition. It consists of anticipating things the opposition may use in rebuttal, and preempting them.

2. I put some of the other reasons in the same post, before the portion you quoted.

3. There is an inconsistency between how Whatisswag is treating my posting and several others who have done much less.

1. But you only handwaved the OMGUS after you went back to find justification for your reaction-fueled vote.

2. Yes, I saw them. What I'm questioning is whether you were inspired to start scumreading Whatisswag before or after he insulted you. There's no real way to prove it either way, so I'm going to drop it.

3. It's easier to interact with people who are trying to look like they're contributing (which I imagine is what he thinks you're doing) instead of lurkers.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (isolation #35) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:54 pm

Post by Grib »

UNVOTE:

In post 339, Kaboose wrote:Grib! I'm starting at the top of the VC. Do you still find awesomeusername scummy and deserving of your vote? I'll research the answer myself, but if you get a chance let's talk about him. We have a bit of a connection, you're voting awesome, awesome is voting me. I think you also told me I was stupid once or twice in this game. I don't like you for that. Oh and I haven't forgot, I'm going to get to your Green Crayons inquiry as well.

Hi there.

Not at all. In fact, I liked his response to me after I voted him and thought about unvoting him. But then I got caught up in trying to poke at other people (specifically you, dave, and elle (mostly by association, I'll interact with her directly at some point)), and sort of forgot about my vote on awesomeusername.

I believe I said one of your points sucked, not that you were stupid. Let's at least be accurate.

I'll be waiting.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (isolation #36) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 332, elleheathen wrote:
In post 316, davesaz wrote:
In post 312, Grib wrote:

Null leaning scum. At the point in time of my previous answer, she was null-town. Since then the only things she has posted have been to take my side in my push on swag. She even asked if I thought her defending me was town or scum. This doesn't seem very town to me, it's like she wanted to know if it was safe to continue or not.

1) It was never
your
push on swag. Telling someone to 'fuck off' isn't exactly a push on them.

2) Wanting to see if you'd actually commit to a read vs fence-sitting isn't town?

Eh. I'm too impatient. I don't like this post, and there's something else I want to look into.

VOTE: elleheathen

Hi elle. Could I trouble you for your current reads on Kaboose, davesaz, and Green Crayons?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (isolation #37) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:22 pm

Post by Grib »

Why are Kaboose and davesaz in your "not to be lynched toDay" pile?

Who confirmed when is largely irrelevant. Especially when the game started around the holidays.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (isolation #38) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:49 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 349, elleheathen wrote:It's right on 1/4, why not the others.

But yes, I get what you're saying and I even partially agree that it may be largely flawed due to the holidays. It's why I've amended that they're not in my vote pool for
today
unless I'm
reaaaally
sure they're scum.

What if someone tried to apply that same logic to, say, the first four on a lynch wagon?

And how sure is really sure? On Day 1, how sure is too sure? Point me to quotes or points that helped you form your reads, something concrete.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (isolation #39) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:56 pm

Post by Grib »

Fair enough.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (isolation #40) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:15 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 358, elleheathen wrote:
In post 351, Grib wrote:
In post 349, elleheathen wrote:It's right on 1/4, why not the others.

But yes, I get what you're saying and I even partially agree that it may be largely flawed due to the holidays. It's why I've amended that they're not in my vote pool for
today
unless I'm
reaaaally
sure they're scum.

What if someone tried to apply that same logic to, say, the first four on a lynch wagon?

I don't see how thinking someone is more likely to be town for their actions pre-game start is at all the same as thinking someone is scummy enough for a lynch given in game information?

That was more towards your "it's right on 1/4 so why not the other 3?"
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (isolation #41) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:15 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 359, Whatisswag wrote:
In post 358, elleheathen wrote:
In post 351, Grib wrote:
And how sure is really sure? On Day 1, how sure is too sure? Point me to quotes or points that helped you form your reads, something concrete.

Reaaaally sure for me usually means I'd be willing to bet my lynch on it - ie, 1v1.

This is town.

Disagree.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (isolation #42) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:12 am

Post by Grib »

boop

Waiting on Elle's reads and Kaboose's read on Green Crayons.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (isolation #43) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:39 am

Post by Grib »

In post 413, Green Crayons wrote:Finished the reread.

1. I feel less suspicious about Corpses's interaction with swag after my reread.

2. Grib's posting looks like solid town. He's catching things and articulating ideas that I am having upon reading the thread. Suggests that we're approaching the game from the same alignment mindset.

3. To a lesser extent, I get town vibes from awesome's and Kaboose's postings. Fairies is still a lean town read (don't know if I ever made that explicit from my earlier review of her play).

4. Cheetory's posts come from a much more mechanical stand point (if that makes any sense, I'm not sure it does; but it's the best way I can describe the "voice" of his posts), making it harder to discern alignment. Null read at the moment.

5. NJAC is completely MIA. Potential lurkerscum.

6. Riddle's interest in the game has dwindled down to inquiring as to an alt's main account. Helpful.

7. I don't like the elle/dave/swag interaction. There's something about each player in the context of this three person back and forth that strikes me as suspicious. Will go into more detail later after I tease out my thoughts a bit more.

8. I don't like the elle/Ranger interaction. There's something about each player in the context of this two person back and forth that strikes me as suspicious. Will go into more detail later after I tease out my thoughts a bit more.

So this is really interesting, as I'm having extremely similar thoughts. The only thing I really want further explained is why your read of Corpses changed?

I feel the same way about 2 ;), 3, 5, 7, and 8. I liked Cheetory6's questions to Lone Ranger enough to townslot him.

Also, opinions on whether or not elle had a minor scumslip in 274? Anyone can answer, except maybe elle.

In post 274, elleheathen wrote:What do you think about my defense of you in #238?

Do you think I'm more likely to be scum trying to buddy you with it or town not wanting to see you lynched because of it?

Implying davesaz is town regardless of her own alignment.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (isolation #44) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:56 am

Post by Grib »

In post 425, Lone Ranger wrote:I'm curious about the unanimous townreads on Cheetory due to his questioning of me. I think he's very likely town and I felt that his questioning was genuine too. But something doesn't feel right about the other's townreads. As in I'm comfortable reading Cheetory as town but I feel some players are jumping in to give easy townreads. His questioning of me was based on a misunderstanding. I fully believe that he believes what he is saying and is hence town. It is the people that are townreading him that concern me. I'm not sure if this is making sense but I'll come back to it at some point.

It makes sense.

Can you expand your scumread on awesomeusername with more than one post?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (isolation #45) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:54 pm

Post by Grib »

elle, are you scumreading people who are scumreading you?

I still don't like your implication that you know davesaz is town.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (isolation #46) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:37 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 442, Kaboose wrote:Oh man where do drafts go when I save them? I can't find what I had worked on at work.

User Control Panel > Overview tab > Manage Drafts
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (isolation #47) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:59 pm

Post by Grib »

@Kaboose

No, I have nothing to point out. I just wanted your thoughts on him.

Sorry, I must have missed your case on elle. Could you link me to the post?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (isolation #48) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:02 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 447, Kaboose wrote:I like Grib, and Lone Ranger for townfolk. They've been applying the most pressure to people, and posting with the most reckless abandon. I really don't read their posts and think they've thought about each sentence as much as typing from their heart. Gosh that sounds sappy.

What? You don't read our posts?

In post 447, Kaboose wrote:I guess since I'm town reading Grib, I'll fall off of Corpses(I will tell you "I told you so" if the chance arrives later) I still have a gut feeling, but I'm okay falling off because I'm having issues with WhatIsSwag now. Dave and Elle are still on my scum list.

It's your own fault if your reasoning isn't convincing enough.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (isolation #49) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:07 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 457, Whatisswag wrote:Hmm, a total of 6 people have voted elle. elle has voted a total of 2 players. If no bussing has occured, then elle is likely town. But what is there was bussing... Do any of you think elle might be town because of the wagon?

She's voted three players: you, awesomeusername, and Lone Ranger.

What does bussing look like, in your experience?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (isolation #50) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:52 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 468, elleheathen wrote:I'm not scumreading you, am I?

I imagine it's difficult to find a reason to scumread someone who is "obvious town."

In post 468, elleheathen wrote:And I still don't like your implication that that's what I'm implying - so I guess we're even.

It's not an implication, it's a statement. Your post reads to me like you know davesaz is town. You buddied him, defended him, and now you're mad he isn't townreading you like he rightfully should be.

At least, that's how it comes across.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (isolation #51) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:35 pm

Post by Grib »

Hey, NJAC, are you scum?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (isolation #52) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:21 am

Post by Grib »

In post 480, Whatisswag wrote:
In post 479, Grib wrote:Hey, NJAC, are you scum?

I dont really understand the point of this question.

Good thing I wasn't talking to you.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (isolation #53) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:06 am

Post by Grib »

Boy, I can't wait to see this.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (isolation #54) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:47 am

Post by Grib »

In post 482, Kaboose wrote:@Grib, that's a bold strategy. Le'ts see if it pays off. What did you think of him voting you and then admitting he hadn't finished his reading yet?

Voting someone before you've finished reading the thread is a nulltell (unless they "unknowingly" hop on a major wagon and put it in hammering range or something like that).

But I found these

In post 497, NJAC wrote:I'll be happy if we lynch scumGrib today. However I'm only on page 7 so don't take this too serious, I have to see how the universal townread on him develops.

In post 498, NJAC wrote:
In post 479, Grib wrote:Hey, NJAC, are you scum?

Nope. But you already know that, right?

to be bad.

In post 492, NJAC wrote:Do you think that because most people think he's town, I should townread him too?

I'll give him this one, though. It's a fair point. But I'm town, so he should get with the program and look elsewhere for scum.

In post 500, Cheetory6 wrote:Don't be so rude. :(

I'm not the one murdering innocent townies.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (isolation #55) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:52 am

Post by Grib »

My current problem with elle is her association with davesaz, and Cheetory6 already pointed that out. So. I'd like her to respond to that.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (isolation #56) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:18 am

Post by Grib »

In post 144, davesaz wrote:Do you always jump to conclusions about whether there is a point to a question or not, or only when you're scum?

In post 377, elleheathen wrote:Do you typically like to wait until deadline to lynch - or just as scum?

I thought this was funny.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (isolation #57) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:27 pm

Post by Grib »

elle, instead of narrowing your lynchpool for silly reasons, why don't you vote and scumhunt?

Tell me whom you'd like dead and why.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (isolation #58) » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:20 am

Post by Grib »

Whatisswag, I like you for town but for the love of God, please stop picking on awesomeusername and davesaz for lurking when NJAC is the king of null voids and empty promises.

In post 566, elleheathen wrote:The fact that I don't have a vote up atm should speak for itself.

Bzzzt.

Are you town, elle?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (isolation #59) » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:23 am

Post by Grib »

In post 187, NJAC wrote:Apologies for the absence. Will be reading and posting tonight...

In post 304, NJAC wrote:Sorry again for the absence. Tonight I'll read and post.

In post 402, NJAC wrote:Don't prod me. I'm planning to read and post a full analysis of the game. It will have to wait until the next year though.

BTW: Happy New Year everyone!

In post 436, NJAC wrote:Reading now...

In post 445, NJAC wrote:
In post 133, davesaz wrote:
In post 114, NJAC wrote:There is a masons team, composed by two masons. They will recruit another member at any time in the game. Read the setup and Sample Role PMs.

Any thoughts beyond the setup speculation yet?

It was more setup clarification than speculation, and yes: I'm working on the thoughts. More in brief...

In post 569, NJAC wrote:Back to the catchup...

Stalling, until he proves otherwise.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (isolation #60) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:16 am

Post by Grib »

I'm not sure I'd call 30 posts "fast."
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (isolation #61) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:30 am

Post by Grib »

In the context of a game of mafia, it isn't fast. Fast would be within one or two pages.

Who do you think is scum on elle's wagon?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (isolation #62) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:15 pm

Post by Grib »

elle, the more you lurk, the less I care about lynching elsewhere.

Who is even left for you scumread, after you've cleared 7 or so players from your lynchpool?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (isolation #63) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:52 am

Post by Grib »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: I Love Fairies

This wagon has my support.

In post 619, elleheathen wrote:
In post 615, Grib wrote:elle, the more you lurk, the less I care about lynching elsewhere.

lol, I love that this comes right after one of my posts. Srsly.

You're a special kind of lurker.

I'd like you to scumhunt, or vote, or push someone, or at least do something that shows you aren't going to die quietly if you do end up being the lynch. It feels like you've given up and are just posting to post. I mean if your latest posts are your version of scumhunting, then forget what I've said.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (isolation #64) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:54 am

Post by Grib »

Oh wait, ILF is being replaced. Hm.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: elleheathen

Maybe later.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (isolation #65) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:57 am

Post by Grib »

In post 619, elleheathen wrote:So that leaves:
Cheetory. ILF. Corpses. swag. and Riddleton.

Like, good for you for having a list of people you want to lynch, but it's completely meaningless if you're just going to sit there and not do anything about them.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (isolation #66) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:06 pm

Post by Grib »

LR, if you think GC's posts suck, attack him. Sink your claws in. Pointing fingers from the sidelines is for preschoolers.

elle, giving up when you're about to be lynched doesn't help town, and it only increases your chances of dying. Pretend you don't have votes on you and tunnel someone.

In post 660, davesaz wrote:UNVOTE:

On hold for replacements.

Why did you feel the need to make this post?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (isolation #67) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:59 am

Post by Grib »

dave, you misspelled "dodge." ;) I was just wondering since it didn't seem necessary.

LR, point out where GC's analysis is surface level or scummy. You're asking everyone to look at his post and explain why it's town, when really you should be telling us why it's scummy. I see you subtlety shifting the burden of proof of
your
claims and opinions onto everyone else.

Swag, stop telling the Masons what to do.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (isolation #68) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:20 pm

Post by Grib »

What are we waiting on, three replacements? Four? ILF, Riddleton, Corpses, and probably NJAC.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (isolation #69) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:53 pm

Post by Grib »

Five replacements, all at once. Amazing.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (isolation #70) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:14 pm

Post by Grib »

Hey Mala, did you replace into a scumslot?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (isolation #71) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:18 am

Post by Grib »

No.

Don't ever use "mcgotes."
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (isolation #72) » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:18 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 749, elleheathen wrote:I have no freaking clue who I'd want to see hang, at this point.
And I don't think there will be sufficient time before deadline even if we do get all the replacements to give me good feels on it.
Eughh.

You can't be indecisive forever. The deadline is frozen, you have no excuse. Pick someone. Literally anyone. I almost don't care anymore.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (isolation #73) » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:18 pm

Post by Grib »

Holy shit, a new page appeared

brb
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (isolation #74) » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:24 pm

Post by Grib »

Eh, never mind.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (isolation #75) » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:26 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 776, elleheathen wrote:
In post 769, Grib wrote:Pick someone. Literally anyone. I almost don't care anymore.

Also, why do you care
at all

You're voting me so you think I'm scum, yeah?
So why all the concern that your scumread isn't voting anyone?

I care because town or scum, your indecisiveness is pissing me off and, as far as I'm concerned, it makes you a useless blob. But to be honest, it's not even just you, I'm being crabby in general for lots of reasons. It doesn't help that I was really looking forward to playing this game and then half the players decided to replace out all at once and we hit a rut and I stopped having fun.

I'm voting you because I never bothered unvoting.

UNVOTE:

I'm down with lynching an inactive because fuck waiting for replacements.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (isolation #76) » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:18 am

Post by Grib »

VOTE: NJAC
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (isolation #77) » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:00 pm

Post by Grib »

Well fuck.

Heartless, content on gamestate ASAP, please and thank you.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (isolation #78) » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:15 pm

Post by Grib »

And

VOTE: CptPicard

because this slot needs a nudge as well.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (isolation #79) » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:41 pm

Post by Grib »

Picard, what are your general reads on everyone?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (isolation #80) » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:49 pm

Post by Grib »

Actually, I'll make this easier.

Who are your scumreads, and why?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (isolation #81) » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:51 pm

Post by Grib »

You too, Heartless. Your slot needs to provide more than a naked vote.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (isolation #82) » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:56 pm

Post by Grib »

That's nice.

Have you read the game? Because your slot has been borderline useless and I'd like for you to provide content.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (isolation #83) » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:15 pm

Post by Grib »

For some reason I forgot you were a hydra.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (isolation #84) » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:15 pm

Post by Grib »

IT'S EVEN IN YOUR SIG

I need a nap.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (isolation #85) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:41 am

Post by Grib »

dave, how do you feel about elle's multiple attempts at buddying you? I can't recall if I ever asked.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (isolation #86) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:41 am

Post by Grib »

Nothing I haven't heard before in my towngames.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (isolation #87) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:18 am

Post by Grib »

In post 904, elleheathen wrote:
In post 901, Heartless wrote:i'm only on page 4, and grib is so obviously scum

i'm at about 95% with that read now

Hahah. You're going to laugh when you see my read list then because up until recently, I'd have
sworn
he was town.

Everything he wrote, I was like:

That's so town.
That's coming from town.
I don't even care that you said that because you're town.

In post 905, elleheathen wrote:Now?

VOTE: Grib

Yeah, hi. I don't believe for a second your townread on me was that strong/genuine if you're just going to sheep Heartless just for saying I'm obviously scum. That doesn't jive.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (isolation #88) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:20 am

Post by Grib »

He hasn't laid anything out, except that I'm obvious scum.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (isolation #89) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:21 am

Post by Grib »

In post 916, Green Crayons wrote:Instead of attacking elle for voting you, please respond to Heartless's suspicions.

I'm attacking elle for possibly faking her read of me. Unless you want something from me, kindly step off.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (isolation #90) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:23 am

Post by Grib »

I mean for one thing, in her original readwall, she never listed a reason why I'm town. Not one.

In post 428, elleheathen wrote:
Grib -
Obvious Town
-
I could sit here and reference almost every post he's made and point out why it's coming from town - but, look for yourself.

In post 904, elleheathen wrote:Hahah. You're going to laugh when you see my read list then because up until recently, I'd have
sworn
he was town.

That's so town.
That's coming from town.

This is all she said. And now she's back to buddying Heartless for whatever reason.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (isolation #91) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:26 am

Post by Grib »

In post 903, Heartless wrote:well then it's not a towngame

your ISO is awkwardness central
the conversation w/ gc about the game is one of the most stilted and weird conversations i've ever seen between two human beings and you can hold it up next to your conversation about william+mary and that feels natural

My conversations with Green Crayons are artificial and weird. I can't explain why specifically, they just are. Especially in comparison to a conversation that had nothing to do with the game. That makes me scum.

In post 907, Heartless wrote:grib/gc/awesomeusername interactions feel like scum theater

everything's exaggerated, the reactions are hammed up, and it's all just..
,,....weird

i keep repeating that word, but it's the most fitting

I'm scum with Green Crayons and awesomeusername (now Mala) because our conversations and interactions are weird. I can't explain why, they just are. That makes us scum.

In post 912, Heartless wrote:i just isoed the mod and grib's vote is stickier than a porn addict's keyboard

holy

shit

this

slot
is

so

SCUM

My ISO is scummy. I can't explain why, it just is. I am scum.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (isolation #92) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:27 am

Post by Grib »

In post 925, Heartless wrote:
In post 918, Grib wrote:He hasn't laid anything out, except that I'm obvious scum.

well for one, you're asking everyone and their grandma for reads but the basis of your votes are skeletal and anemic

That's how I choose to scumhunt.

I ask for reads, compare them with others, and try to get my nullreads to interact with each other.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (isolation #93) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:28 am

Post by Grib »

I will admit I have a habit of leaving my vote on a person when I'm trying to get reads on other people. I don't see it as alignment indicative.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (isolation #94) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:33 am

Post by Grib »

In post 915, Grib wrote:
In post 904, elleheathen wrote:
In post 901, Heartless wrote:i'm only on page 4, and grib is so obviously scum

i'm at about 95% with that read now

Hahah. You're going to laugh when you see my read list then because up until recently, I'd have
sworn
he was town.

That's so town.
That's coming from town.

In post 905, elleheathen wrote:Now?

VOTE: Grib

Yeah, hi. I don't believe for a second your townread on me was that strong/genuine if you're just going to sheep Heartless just for saying I'm obviously scum. That doesn't jive.

In post 924, Grib wrote:I mean for one thing, in her original readwall, she never listed a reason why I'm town. Not one.

In post 428, elleheathen wrote:
Grib -
Obvious Town
-
I could sit here and reference almost every post he's made and point out why it's coming from town - but, look for yourself.

In post 904, elleheathen wrote:Hahah. You're going to laugh when you see my read list then because up until recently, I'd have
sworn
he was town.

That's so town.
That's coming from town.

This is all she said. And now she's back to buddying Heartless for whatever reason.

Hey elle, give a good reason for this or I will see you dead.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (isolation #95) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:59 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 934, Heartless wrote:
In post 928, Grib wrote:I will admit I have a habit of leaving my vote on a person when I'm trying to get reads on other people. I don't see it as alignment indicative.

orly?

In post 546, Grib wrote:elle, instead of narrowing your lynchpool for silly reasons, why don't you vote and scumhunt?

Tell me whom you'd like dead and why.

Yes, really.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (isolation #96) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:12 pm

Post by Grib »

elle isn't scumhunting and it's pissing me off.

She gave up after it looked like she was going to be lynched and hasn't done much since.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (isolation #97) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:13 pm

Post by Grib »

And then on top of that she sheeps your bullshit out of the blue.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (isolation #98) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:17 pm

Post by Grib »

Honestly, she probably is.

The only tell I have for her is lurking and refusing to interact with people unless it's about OOG stuff.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (isolation #99) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:46 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 955, elleheathen wrote:That was then. This is now.

Do you expect that reads won't change? Is that why you slacked - got a little comfy with those townreads on you?

It's very easy to change reads when there was no basis for them in the first place.

Like, I doubt you looked at all of my posts, shrugged, and went "Oh shucks! I don't care that he said xyz, because he's town!" for kicks.

You don't call someone "obvious town" and then turn around and vote for them because a slot that hasn't been active for weeks said so. Besides, the only person who's actually given reasons for townreading me is Green Crayons. Anyone else has either not said anything or gave vague reasons (like you).

In post 956, elleheathen wrote:Are you just trying to stoke a fire here?
I especially don't understand this because you think I'm buddying him when I defend him against swag's attack. And yet...

Buddying, white-knighting, whatever. Deliberately attaching yourself to him. Give it whatever label helps you sleep at night.

In post 956, elleheathen wrote:To try and associate us
together

The fuck you mean
I'm
trying to associate you? You've done plenty of that on your own.

My newest problem with you is that you're sheeping bullshit. You didn't even wait a hot second before you bandwagoned, and it's sketchy as hell.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (isolation #100) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:28 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 962, Titus wrote:@Grib why would scum not just lurk it out? I am not seeing the Elle push at all.

Why would the entire scumteam be lurking?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (isolation #101) » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:11 pm

Post by Grib »

Titus, the thing about scum playing optimally is that it assumes 100% of the time scum aren't going to fuck up or make stupid decisions.

Swag is town. His posts are bad but not scummy.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (isolation #102) » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:32 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 969, Green Crayons wrote:
@Grib:

Heartless's confidence and newness to the game connotes (even if on a subconscious level) a strong trustworthiness quality that is superficially persuasive.

His comments about your play has caused me to question my very solid town read. His play has gotten Ranger to immediately call him town (but she just throws those claims out like candy, see Mala, so whatever). His presence has been persuasive enough to motivate Kaboose to inquire about Heartless's opinion on Kaboose's suspicions.

So, what I'm saying, is that the Heartless-effect is not limited solely to elle. Combine that with elle's developed play that you have recognized - after almost hitting lynch, she has checked-out to a degree as disaffected town - and elle's sudden departure from her strong town read on you and sheeping Heartless to voting you looks completely natural, not scummy.

Sounds to me like this is only something that people fall for if they're not confident enough to think on their own. You say yourself it's superficial.

w/r/t elle, if she's town, the optimal play here is to hunt scum, not stay alive via baa baa baa'ing. Her recent play looks to be motivated by a stronger desire to stay alive and out of the spotlight than lynch scum, and the only people who are interested in survival are scum.

I'm not seeing the towny "natural" flow between town shutting down in the face of death > saying fuck it and voting "obvious" town because someone else said so.

The thing with townreads is that if someone else thinks they're scum, immediately agreeing and voting with them is suspect because you think your townread is town. When people suspect my townreads, short of a straight scumslip, I would never vote them without a really compelling case ("Grib is obviously scum" is not a compelling case). And even then, I'd have to think about it first.

Not to mention elle doesn't even really have to defend her actions because she gave no reasoning for townreading me in the first place, which is annoying. She tries to shift the focus of my argument to this

In post 955, elleheathen wrote:Do you expect that reads won't change? Is that why you slacked - got a little comfy with those townreads on you?

which is bad, and obviously not my point.

In post 989, Heartless wrote:Grib, your Kaboose read is quite stale. What is it now?

He's in my "don't care, wouldn't mind lynching" pile.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (isolation #103) » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:42 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 951, Heartless wrote:my townreads are: elle, dave, Whatisswag, Kaboose, titus

In post 979, Heartless wrote:but I think Kaboose rounds out that ensemble a lot better than Green Crayons.

What changed here? Be specific, please.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (isolation #104) » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:16 pm

Post by Grib »

Hi.

Also, wow, that's annoying.

Please sign your posts.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (isolation #105) » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:29 pm

Post by Grib »

Phonepost, so no quotes. I am lazy.

1. Not confident =/= scum alignment.

Yes.

2. Not playing as optimal town does not make someone not town. (This is the corollary to your correct observation in Post 988 that failing to play as optimal scum does not make one town.)

Yes. Still, not playing optimally can make you look scummy, and if you look scummy, people are going to want to lynch you. If elle is town, don't want to be distracted by scummy town.

Meh. People's play styles aren't really something I can control and it annoys me so let's drop this.

3. If you don't want to stay alive as town, you're playing wrong as town.

There is a difference between wanting to stay alive (to kill scum) and wanting to stay alive (to survive).

4. I guess we just disagree about whether elle-town shutting down would easily transition into sheeping a confident-looking replacee. Do you think elle's "shut down" is manufactured?

I'm not sure how you'd manufacture a shut-down. It's essentially lurking, popping in to comment on things without actually doing anything.

I have a problem with separating bad play and scummy behavior, which is why I'm trying to get other opinions on this.

I'm not quite sure what your exact issue is with elle. In the quoted part of your post, it looks like it's the fact that she voted you on Page 37 after declaring you town back on Page 18. But you disclaim that very problem later in your Post 990 (it's "obviously not <your> point"). What is your point? That elle-town would never sheep a player who replaced in, looking confident and persuasive?

My point is her play annoys me and it'd be great if I could figure out if it's scummy or bad town.

Also, I don't find Heartless to be persuasive at all (haven't read their Kaboose wall yet but we'll see), but that's not really something we can argue objectively.

fake edit: elle, I don't want you to post so that I can find something scummy in everything you say; I want you to be post to be town enough that I don't feel like pushing to see your flip, if you are in fact town.

fake edit: Titua, you know my meta here is a lot less fluffy and timid.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1004 (isolation #106) » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:35 pm

Post by Grib »

I stand by every single quote in .

You understand that being scared of voting in mafia is incredibly dumb.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (isolation #107) » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:14 pm

Post by Grib »

I'm going through a bit of an apathy spell and people tend to find me scummy no matter my alignment.

As for my "unnatural" approach to reading people, I don't care. It's my play style and not something that can really be fixed in the span of one game. I'd be happy to hear constructive criticism post game, if you have anything to say specifically about it.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1011 (isolation #108) » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:41 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 1010, Heartless wrote:A few of your posts also have a distinct "stick up the butt" feel. It could be accounted for by the post I quoted, though.

Gee, thanks.

I don't really think dave is an easy push.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1020 (isolation #109) » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:33 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 1009, elleheathen wrote:So when you came in with:
In post 888, Grib wrote:dave, how do you feel about elle's multiple attempts at buddying you? I can't recall if I ever asked.

It read to me as if you were just trying to start shit, so you were a damn good place to start.

I was using that to try to get a better read on davesaz, since I found his original reply a little fencesitty (although the question was about a specific instance of buddying rather than the multiple cases I've seen as a whole).

Which actually reminds me:

In post 890, davesaz wrote:I know that was noncommital, it was intended to draw out more discussion which could either confirm the discomfort or explain it.

And what is your conclusion?

In post 1018, Heartless wrote:D'awwww... Yeah, I was mean. :(

I'm sorry, Gribby. Sometimes I just kind of say things and they don't really come out right. Either that, or it's that really I'm kind of a bitch and I just don't filter myself when I should. I haven't figured it out yet. :S

I'm not offended or anything. I understand there's going to be a rift between how I want to present myself and how my play comes across in reality. But as long as people don't find me intolerable to play with, I'm not too worried about it.

w/r/t your case on Kaboose, I agree that some of his walls are shallow and there are several posts by him that I don't particularly like. But:

defense and survival. This is much more useful to scum than town.

See, this is basically what I've been trying to say about elle. Can you go into detail about your read of her for comparison? It's more useful to scum, yes, I completely agree, but what's tipping the scales here in terms of towniness?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1052 (isolation #110) » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:03 pm

Post by Grib »

Hm.

Before I address anything else: = flailing, y/n?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (isolation #111) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:09 am

Post by Grib »

In post 1073, Whatisswag wrote:U know what, I am getting tired of this.

Roleclaim: Mason

I targetted Kaboose last night and Kaboose was scum.

Nobody counterclaim this.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1080 (isolation #112) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:09 am

Post by Grib »

Fuck, new page.

Hang on.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (isolation #113) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:23 am

Post by Grib »

Again: the other Mason (or both Masons) should not do anything. Stay hidden.

Okay, options. Swag is:

- a Mason (bad)
- a lying VT (even worse)
- a lying scum (not bad)

The lynch is basically being force-narrowed between Swag and Kaboose now. In 2/3 cases, Swag gets shot. I think the best course of action is to lynch the claimed check and go from there.

Swag, if you are VT, this was a horrendously stupid play. The only way you could ever be redeemed is if Kaboose actually is scum
and
his buddies call your bluff.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1085 (isolation #114) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:25 am

Post by Grib »

In post 1082, Heartless wrote:the claim is obv fake
ya'll have issues

Like. It's very likely a fakeclaim, but I'm thinking about lynching a Mason and just.

Ew.

How would you proceed?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1106 (isolation #115) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:44 am

Post by Grib »

In post 1104, Titus wrote:@Grib, I actually think that Kaboose's argument makes a lot of sense. I was pressuring Swag for content. He wouldn't even answer whether he thought Kaboose was flailing when you put the question to the group. It's pretty obvious that Kaboose wasn't flailing. Instead of having to acknowledge that fact, he comes in with an obviously fake claim.

I'm not seeing the connection between the two. The question was too much for him, so he fakeclaimed? Walk me through that.

In post 1104, Titus wrote:It suggests that Swag is desperate to have Kaboose lynched. Who does fake claims without producing actual content? Scum. Lynch all liars is a pretty safe bet. We can't have Swag around in lylo.

Swag has just deliberately narrowed the lynchpool between himself and Kaboose. Swag himself wasn't really a big lynch candidate before this. Most of the focus was on Heartless and their reads. If Swag did this as scum, he's not playing optimally. What have you told me playing optimally, Titus?

There's no reason for scum to want anyone in particular dead* (aside from Masons, but that's what the Night kill is for), much less be desperate enough to fakeclaim and force the town to lynch you or the person you're fingering. I could see this being scum desperation if he were at L-1, but that's not the case here.

*I mean scum could also want to push for mislynching people who are onto them, but Kaboose's pressure isn't really...pushy enough to have warranted this, imo.

In post 1104, Titus wrote:We should be lynching Swag. Even in the worst instance (meaning that we all perceived his claim to be fake when it wasn't), we get a confirmed scum in Kaboose. If we mislynch Kaboose, then we don't get a confirmed scum in Swag as he'll just say "obvious fake claim for reaction. lolz".

I still don't want to lynch Swag, but I do actually agree with this, as far as confirming scum goes. Although if Swag flips VT, it doesn't necessarily clear Kaboose, just as Kaboose flipping town doesn't mean Swag is scum, since I can easily see this as a dumb town gambit.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (isolation #116) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:45 am

Post by Grib »

EW I SUBMITTED THAT POST BEFORE I WAS DONE WITH IT

whatever
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1117 (isolation #117) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:17 am

Post by Grib »

In post 1108, Titus wrote:I think it is an optimal play of caught scum. Fake claim Mason,
cause the townie to look elsewhere
. It buys him a mislynch of someone who is largely townread. Kaboose was not a wagon before this either.

Uh. Claiming Mason does the opposite of that. All eyes are on Swag and Kaboose.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (isolation #118) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:21 am

Post by Grib »

I thought he was derpy before, in Chairman.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (isolation #119) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:26 am

Post by Grib »

Maybe I'm severely underestimating a potential mastermind, but I still think Swag is town.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1126 (isolation #120) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:29 am

Post by Grib »

That post was at least 80% sarcastic.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1128 (isolation #121) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:33 am

Post by Grib »

It happens.

We could lynch outside of Kaboose and Whatisswag and see if the scumteam takes the possible bait.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1193 (isolation #122) » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:25 am

Post by Grib »

Prod dodge. This particular weekend is hectic.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1268 (isolation #123) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:38 pm

Post by Grib »

This weekend was a complete nightmare. I have never been more exhausted in my life.

I feel like most of the recent events have gone completely over my head. Need to reread. I'll get back into this game tomorrow once I feel slightly more human and get homework out of the way.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1276 (isolation #124) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:14 pm

Post by Grib »

I kinda want to post something at least a little bit productive before I go to bed, so I'm just looking at things since my prod dodge.

Whatisswag is still town, etc.

w/r/t Mala, eh. I want to see her actually play the game before I feel comfortable slotting her. I will say her interaction with Swag is kinda ???.

In post 1205, Titus wrote:Grib would be my next choice in scum. He was pushing hard for Elle's lynch yesterday and now he's taking a back seat on things. It makes me wonder what changed. Did he find Elle to be ugly change and then stop? On the other hand, the town Von I play with tends to be more reserved. I am not as confident in Grib scum but I would not cry if he got lynched.

Or
, I decided I was getting tunnel vision on something that I found to be more irritating than scummy and backed off. It's not the first time.

I suck at articulating reads, especially when I sort of get disconnected from the flow of a game. I think Whatisswag, Green Crayons, Heartless, and elle are town. I was leaning town on awesomeusername [Malakittens] and Riddleton [Titus]. I had a townread on Lone Ranger based on her elle pushed but then that sort of dissolved into a big fat ??? when they both 180'd each other. So,

I will not lynch
Whatisswag

I don't want to lynch
Green Crayons, Heartless, elleheathen

I wouldn't mind lynching
Malakittens, Titus, davesaz, Kaboose, Lone Ranger

I want to lynch
CptPicard

The ILF slot smells and everyone's sort of been clashing egos and ignoring it. I don't want to divert 100% of everyone's attention to it, just. Friendly reminder.

I'm gonna go pass out now.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1282 (isolation #125) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:40 am

Post by Grib »

In post 1281, Titus wrote:@Grib, What's up with ILF?

Why was Elle's behavior more irritating than scummy.

She just disappeared. Same with her replacement. For the latter, I could see it being a newbie who replaced into a scumslot and vanished.

The whole giving up/lurking/sheeping combo.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1329 (isolation #126) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:17 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 1327, Malakittens wrote:VOTE: GC

Anything else to say?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1333 (isolation #127) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:35 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 1331, Malakittens wrote:heartless town.
titus town.
WiS likely town.
CptPicard maybe scum.
GC feels scum based off something i saw on this page, gut feeling.

Expand on what makes you feel GC is scum.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1397 (isolation #128) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:21 am

Post by Grib »

In the context of the player and how he went about reading dave, it looks really town.

Like, if anything, I feel your push on him for this is desperate and exponentially more suspect.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1400 (isolation #129) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:32 am

Post by Grib »

Titus, shutting down already? That's new.

I know the whole Mason claim + justification for the dave read is a lot to swallow but I really can't see it as scumplay. I just don't. Swag is lynchbait. I felt that in my first game with him, and I feel it now.

Is there anything else he's doing that's more scum motivated? I can't see him working towards any agenda. More like he's just immediately posting whatever thought runs through his head the second he thinks it.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1403 (isolation #130) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:36 am

Post by Grib »

He could have been looking through his posts to get an idea of how he plays and ended up reading posts in the MD forum. Like when you're reading Wikipedia or TV Tropes and end up all over the place.

If Swag wanted to use a random post by dave to "manufacture" a townread, he could have picked a more plausible one.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1404 (isolation #131) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:38 am

Post by Grib »

Hey Lone Ranger, is Swag scum?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1433 (isolation #132) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:25 pm

Post by Grib »

Is someone going to make sense within the next couple of posts?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1450 (isolation #133) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:03 pm

Post by Grib »

I'm not sure I like where this is going.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1459 (isolation #134) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:42 pm

Post by Grib »

We have one mislynch left, and one potential No Lynch after that. Do we want to clear up the Swag controversy or what? Because if we lynch him and he flips town, I will tap dance on Titus' face.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1462 (isolation #135) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:49 pm

Post by Grib »

Hey Mala, pretty sure I asked you to elaborate on scum!GC, not to dotdotdot at Titus and elle.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1464 (isolation #136) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:57 pm

Post by Grib »

I will lynch Whatisswag for the Mason fishing + fakeclaim and because we only have one mislynch left, and then davesaz, Malakittens, or Kaboose for glory. Everyone else is town.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1466 (isolation #137) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:03 pm

Post by Grib »

VOTE: Whatisswag

That should be L-2: me, Titus, and Kaboose.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1469 (isolation #138) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:23 pm

Post by Grib »

Wow, I sure wish I had the ability to change my mind in light of new, concrete information.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1472 (isolation #139) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:24 pm

Post by Grib »

You wish.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1473 (isolation #140) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:25 pm

Post by Grib »

The new information being the Mason claims.

I shouldn't have to explain this.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1477 (isolation #141) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:28 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 1474, Heartless wrote:grib if you bus gc, we'll let you go last. you can at least preserve some of your dignity

Something something what will you do when I flip town, etc.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1479 (isolation #142) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:31 pm

Post by Grib »

If Swag doesn't get lynched toDay, everyone's just going to piss around the issue toMorrow, when we'll be fresh out of mislynches.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1481 (isolation #143) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:34 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 1478, Heartless wrote:I SHIT IN YOUR WHEATIES

TIME TO PAY THE PIPER, SCUMBAGS

You're funny, but also horrendously irritating.

As much as I doubted that Swag was actually a Mason, the possibility no longer exists. The "is he crafty scum or dumb town?" circlejerk should be resolved, and preferably not with town's victory as a bargaining chip.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1483 (isolation #144) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:35 pm

Post by Grib »

Get in line, elle.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1485 (isolation #145) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:36 pm

Post by Grib »

It's a very ugly line that I'd like disbanded immediately.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1486 (isolation #146) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:37 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 1464, Grib wrote:I will lynch Whatisswag for the Mason fishing + fakeclaim and because we only have one mislynch left, and then davesaz, Malakittens, or Kaboose for glory. Everyone else is town.

boop

My final thoughts, I think. Unless someone else wants to turn the game upside down.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1487 (isolation #147) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:39 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 1480, Titus wrote:@Heartless, Any chance Grib is awkwardly bussing Swag?

Defending a buddy who fakeclaimed Mason? Really?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1490 (isolation #148) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:43 pm

Post by Grib »

I didn't expect the Masons to actually claim. Before I was too paranoid over the 1% chance Swag actually was a Mason to go through with lynching him.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1493 (isolation #149) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:57 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 1481, Grib wrote:As much as I doubted that Swag was actually a Mason, the possibility no longer exists. The "is he crafty scum or dumb town?" circlejerk should be resolved, and preferably not with town's victory as a bargaining chip.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1495 (isolation #150) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:03 pm

Post by Grib »

Uh. Can you show me which post? I can't find it in his ISO.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1498 (isolation #151) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:07 pm

Post by Grib »

I didn't see him say he was fakeclaiming, but whatever.

Remind me why you want to lynch LR.

fake edit: I ctrl + F'd "fake." Bleh. Thank you.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Malakittens
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1524 (isolation #152) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:34 am

Post by Grib »

@mod: I'm declaring V/LA on weekends.

I'll post stuff in about half an hour.

Noted
Last edited by Armageddon on Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1525 (isolation #153) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:24 am

Post by Grib »

In post 1499, elleheathen wrote:I'm wondering why, instead of joining us in our conversation on masons to maybe comment that you didn't find it obvious that Picard was mason, you're just moving on to the next vote as if to sweep it under the rug.

Is there something more to discuss about the Masons? You're both confirmed town, because if you weren't, the real Masons would have claimed and we'd have 2/3 scum.

I had a list of who the possible Masons were, but I gave up on it because I am astonishingly bad at rolehunting.

In post 1499, elleheathen wrote:I'm wondering why that next leap vote is on a person you had as town enough to say that you would NOT lynch them, who you hard defended as town even when you knew that it wasn't likely that he was mason and was just lying town...

Do you think me hard defending someone and then voting them means we're scum together?

In post 1499, elleheathen wrote:Instead of the next viable wagon on someone who you have said that you would have no problem lynching. And are continuing to avoid even now. I could have seen the avoidance as maybe not wanting to put someone at L1 right now...

I prefer potential scum over a viable wagon, at least while the sun is still in the sky. We're not at the do-or-die voting stage yet.

In post 1499, elleheathen wrote:But the fact that you just keep piling votes looks as if you're just hoping something will stick. Like you knew the swag vote would appeal to Titus. It feels like you're forcing a lynch right now despite the fact that I've already said that no one should be considering a lynch right now until we at least know if we're getting an extension to wait for Picard's replacement for confirmation.

ToDay I've only voted CptPicard, Swag, and Mala. I voted the first one because 1) I wasn't rolehunting, and 2) I thought it needed attention. I voted Swag because I reread Titus' posts multiple times and decided I agreed with her even though for me, reading Titus tends to consist of flipping a coin and hating myself. Now I'm voting for Mala because she's doing her lurky scumposting. As for lynching before your partner is replaced, I don't really give a shit because he's only at L-4 and nowhere have I been harassing people to get a move on with the wagon.

I'm going to be really pissed if people wake up toMorrow and suddenly decide to revisit Swag as potential scum. If we don't lynch him toDay, then he does not get lynched toMorrow. Because that's where I feel like scum are gonna try to go for the win.

Titus, Mala's play here is nearly the same as it was in Batmafia: y/n.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1527 (isolation #154) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:53 am

Post by Grib »

Who did she tunnel in Batmafia?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1530 (isolation #155) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:09 am

Post by Grib »

Ah.

Also,

In post 982, Malakittens wrote:Score hi Titus!

I'm still VLa til Friday

This was
last
Friday. She's been off V/LA for a week. Everything she's posted since then has been useless.

In post 1183, Malakittens wrote:Catching up tomorrow more than likely. Today I just wanna sleep :3

zzz

In post 1275, Malakittens wrote:;-;

RL is kicking my ass. There's supposed to be a huge snowstorm which will keep me home tuesday or so I hope!

Okay, excusable.

In post 1317, Malakittens wrote:Okay planning to start reading in an hour or so. I'll probably read for an hour or so then take a break and get back to it.

zzz

In post 1321, Malakittens wrote:One thing I noticed I think from the last VC is I saw CptPicard giving lots of information out and then all of a sudden he flakes. That bothers me because the bit I saw I liked.
I can't wait til i'm fully caught
up to see why that was.

Is she caught up? No idea, her posts are too empty to know for sure. And she never gets back to talking about "why that was."

Naked vote.

In post 1330, Malakittens wrote:oh btw titus is town.

Naked read.

In post 1331, Malakittens wrote:
In post 1329, Grib wrote:

Anything else to say?

heartless town.
titus town.
WiS likely town.
CptPicard maybe scum.

More naked reads.

In post 1420, Malakittens wrote:...

at elle and titus..

that is all...

She posted this after being asked multiple questions.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1531 (isolation #156) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:11 am

Post by Grib »

In post 1529, Heartless wrote:waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait

is this meta from one game?

The only game I've played with her, yes. Aside from a newbie game, but that was long ago and I barely remember it.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1534 (isolation #157) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:24 am

Post by Grib »

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showt ... hp?t=27471

I don't expect anyone to read it but there it is. Scumteam is Titus/Aekiel [replaced by Malakittens]/Kento Kraitos/Zenzao.

In post 1532, Titus wrote:Heartless, yes. Grib of you would be a dear and grab the link.

We all play on a site known as Darklordpotter.net. We finished a game there a few weeks ago.

Von, we have played much more than that together. There's the one where I mislynched you solely because you had extra lives as well.

@Grib, Mala is in the snowstorm that caught national headlines.

Yeesh, that bites. Never mind, then.

There was also the one where we mislynched you even though you were a claimed Mason. ;) By "her," I meant Mala, not you.

In post 1533, Heartless wrote:/fart

meta's already an unreliable way to read someone. add in an absurdly small sample size and you might as well be juggling five pound bags of shit

Eh. It tends to be more useful when you're playing on a smaller site.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1536 (isolation #158) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:06 am

Post by Grib »

Ask me if I care.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1538 (isolation #159) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:21 am

Post by Grib »

A little.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1540 (isolation #160) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:29 am

Post by Grib »

I'll answer with a question.

If you and Swag survive into toMorrow, are you going to try and lynch him?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1542 (isolation #161) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:37 am

Post by Grib »

Here's the thing.

I was fine with lynching him not because he's scum, but because it would clear up for sure whether or not him indirectly outing the Masons was scum motivated or bad town play. If he flips town, that clears up a big question mark before MyLo. If he flips scum, that's a nice bonus.

The game ends toMorrow for us if we don't lynch scum. I've been saying for the last few pages that if Swag is town, I think scum are going to push for his lynch toMorrow because it would be easy to turn around and say "well he
did
out the Masons."

fake edit: it's more than that, but basically yes. Because if you push him toMorrow instead of toDay and he's actually town, the game is over.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1544 (isolation #162) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:41 am

Post by Grib »

Titus, what is the optimal play here?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1546 (isolation #163) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:44 am

Post by Grib »

Well, I think you saving a Swag lynch for toMorrow sucks and is going to lose us the game if he's town.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1548 (isolation #164) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:51 am

Post by Grib »

I'm not desperate to counter anything. I think they're both town.

I understand that what I'm saying w/r/t probably doesn't make any sense. I'm trying to kill two birds with one stone, but it's obviously not coming across very well. This has probably been my worst towngame by far, and I almost want to get lynched or shot so I won't have to keep failing at explaining what I'm thinking.

I was willing to work with you toDay both to clear up Swag's intentions and get rid of possible lynchbait for toMorrow because I thought you were town based on how you and elle were talking earlier. That's all.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1553 (isolation #165) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:28 am

Post by Grib »

Malakittens, davesaz, and Kaboose.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1556 (isolation #166) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:45 am

Post by Grib »

If dave flips town, shrug.

If dave flips scum, I don't think Swag would be his partner, what with the supertown!dave read heavily linking them.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1558 (isolation #167) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:49 am

Post by Grib »

I suppose.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1579 (isolation #168) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:03 pm

Post by Grib »

I am very much enjoying Anti's recent posts. Just so everyone knows.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1636 (isolation #169) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:29 am

Post by Grib »

In post 1635, Heartless wrote:Also, I will go on record as a wet blanket and say "Fuck the Super Bowl and all the hype associated with it."
That is all.

Same.

Mala, you're doing the scummy thing again.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1638 (isolation #170) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:35 am

Post by Grib »

I'm sorry about the snow, but if you're going to continue to play, I'm going to politely continue to call you scum for doing literally nothing because I have seen you do this exact song and dance before.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1640 (isolation #171) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:11 am

Post by Grib »

Yeah, after being asked to do something 500 times in a row, and with responses like this:

at elle and titus..

that is all...

In post 1624, Malakittens wrote:We aren't lynching me n.n

"We aren't lynching me" says as if she's done something.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1713 (isolation #172) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:37 am

Post by Grib »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Kaboose
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1733 (isolation #173) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:38 pm

Post by Grib »

ilu all

even if you do turn out to be scum

overcoming differences is so important

fake edit: I'm going to hang it on my fridge.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1742 (isolation #174) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:30 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 1552, Kaboose wrote:Mala, LR, Swag

Kaboose did the predictable "list three suspects with one of them being a buddy" scum tactic: y/n?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1838 (isolation #175) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:09 am

Post by Grib »

In post 1837, Titus wrote:Umm Awesome is not even in this game?

He was a part of it earlier.

Looking through GC's ISO but I don't expect to find anything because I suck at picking up hints or whatever. Is there a reason this is being kept hush-hush?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1839 (isolation #176) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:10 am

Post by Grib »

*Kaboose's ISO
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1840 (isolation #177) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:14 am

Post by Grib »

I see a couple of things but nothing is really jumping out at me.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1898 (isolation #178) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:39 pm

Post by Grib »

Sorry for the long absence, guys. I'll try to get back into this game on Tuesday at the latest.

Let it be known that w/r/t this game my brain is basically mush.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1916 (isolation #179) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:31 am

Post by Grib »

Hi, I was skimming and I just wanted to pop in because this is annoying:

In post 1911, Jingle wrote:
In post 1903, Heartless wrote:Jingle. Head out of ass, please.

Nope. I believe that swag did a shitty fake guilty. Thus I believe that my win condition will be easier to fulfill if swag is dead. More to the point, I'm a vindictive asshole and I'm more than willing to Lynch town who fakeclaims guilties because that shit is unacceptable. It is damaging to both the game and the site, and it deserves punishment wherever it exists.

No offense swag, but your fake guilty is possibly the most offensive thing that you could have done and i want to lynch you because of it.

You yourself are sabotaging your chances of achieving your wincon by lynching those you read as town. It is up to the mod to decide if Swag should be punished for his actions. And seeing as how he managed to get scum lynched, I can't say I really give a flying fuck about the means in this particular instance.

Is it something he should do in future games? Not at all. But is it against the rules to lie in order to push a lynch? I certainly don't think so. Town fakeclaiming a PR is shitty, but not against any rules. You're free to feel any way you want about it, though.

That's all. See you guys on Tuesday.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1924 (isolation #180) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:36 am

Post by Grib »

In post 1918, Green Crayons wrote:Did anyone vote Kaboose because of swag's fakeclaim?

I think Grib is giving swag too much credit.

Okay, it was mostly due to Heartless. I think I'm just in awe that such a bad town move worked out for the better.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1969 (isolation #181) » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:33 pm

Post by Grib »

Hi.

Still really want to lynch Mala.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1986 (isolation #182) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:37 am

Post by Grib »

In post 1975, davesaz wrote:
In post 1969, Grib wrote:Hi.

Still really want to lynch Mala.

Care to explain why?

What's your read on Titus and GC?

In post 1530, Grib wrote:Ah.

Also,

In post 982, Malakittens wrote:Score hi Titus!

I'm still VLa til Friday

This was
last
Friday. She's been off V/LA for a week. Everything she's posted since then has been useless.

In post 1183, Malakittens wrote:Catching up tomorrow more than likely. Today I just wanna sleep :3

zzz

In post 1275, Malakittens wrote:;-;

RL is kicking my ass. There's supposed to be a huge snowstorm which will keep me home tuesday or so I hope!

Okay, excusable.

In post 1317, Malakittens wrote:Okay planning to start reading in an hour or so. I'll probably read for an hour or so then take a break and get back to it.

zzz

In post 1321, Malakittens wrote:One thing I noticed I think from the last VC is I saw CptPicard giving lots of information out and then all of a sudden he flakes. That bothers me because the bit I saw I liked.
I can't wait til i'm fully caught
up to see why that was.

Is she caught up? No idea, her posts are too empty to know for sure. And she never gets back to talking about "why that was."

Naked vote.

In post 1330, Malakittens wrote:oh btw titus is town.

Naked read.

In post 1331, Malakittens wrote:
In post 1329, Grib wrote:

Anything else to say?

heartless town.
titus town.
WiS likely town.
CptPicard maybe scum.

More naked reads.

at elle and titus..

that is all...

She posted this after being asked multiple questions.

In post 1640, Grib wrote:Yeah, after being asked to do something 500 times in a row, and with responses like this:

at elle and titus..

that is all...

In post 1624, Malakittens wrote:We aren't lynching me n.n

"We aren't lynching me" says as if she's done something.

In post 1742, Grib wrote:
In post 1552, Kaboose wrote:Mala, LR, Swag

Kaboose did the predictable "list three suspects with one of them being a buddy" scum tactic: y/n?

She also never explains why GC is scum. And she talks a lot about Titus' meta, something she was a fan of doing in the last game I played with scum!her.

As for Titus and GC, light townread and townread respectively, but that was a long time ago. We're reaching the point of the game where I start flipping coins and hating myself.

Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2003 (isolation #183) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:33 am

Post by Grib »

Hammer y/n?

It's about all I can do, too busy today for real posts.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2011 (isolation #184) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:07 am

Post by Grib »

Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum