Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1494 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:33 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1464, SirCakez wrote:Thor catch up quickly and give us your thoughts, you're in the hot seat right now.

Okay, excitement, why am I in the hot seat?
I mean, I can grok the VC, I'm just wondering if there's a case or not, I don't see one yet but there appears to be some implied claim to a Titus connection, and that's about it.

In post 1467, Aeronaut wrote:Oh hey and he's in a scum slot.

Man, and I thought the mod would only send me my role PM.
How do you conclude I'm in a scum slot besides that?

In post 1475, SirCakez wrote:Yes because lynching a player who has ignored a slot that flips scum all game is SUCH bad thinking isn't it?

It's not?

In post 1476, Anarchy Shard wrote:I wanna hear from this slot more than I want to hear from Titus.

What do you want to hear? You didn't ask me anything - is it just noises you want?
Beedle-boop!
Does that help?

In post 1477, The Show Must Go On wrote:I'm going to wait until Thor catches up before I do much from here.

What do you need me to comment on in order to get you to play the game again?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1497 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:05 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1495, SirCakez wrote:That quote was sarcasm Thor.
You're in the hot seat because Witch_Hunter was a scumbutt and replaced out, then Rhaegar replaced him but did nothing and got replaced himself, so now we have you.

So you agree it is bad logic? Good.

Why was Witchunter a scumbutt?

In post 1496, Postie wrote:If you want reasons for why your slot is being scumread, this just about covers mine:

In post 997, Postie wrote:
Witch_Hunter

[1]Hate the whole "well I was criticising that logic because it doesn't make them CONFIRMED town" thing in post (basically what Anarchy said in ). is awful too for similar reasons that I can't quite articulate.
[2]The "don't want to rush his wagon" thing in when CMM had two votes is WTF, but I'm not sure how alignment indicative it is unless CMM is scum or something.
[3]The "why are you townreading me don't townread me" thing in is awful, and the kind of line of questioning I wouldn't really expect newbtown with content and reasoning this bad to go down, but that I can see scum trying to push because they think encouraging people not to townread them seems like something scum wouldn't do.
[4]The replace-out is lolbad as well.

1. Well, firstly, I'd say I agree with Witchhunter here, secondly I'd note that Anarchy hasn't flipped - so I don't understand how it's an issue. Has that slot been confirmed as town yet? Because if it hasn't, there is very much no case here, as, if the slot is scum, then what Witchhunter did is a valid town tell as opposed to a scumtell.

2. How many games of town freaking out about non scary wagons do I need to provide to convince you this point is playstyle based and not alignment based?
To be honest, I don't even understand how it's alignment based - like, say I'm scum, and a wagon was forming. Why would I be more likely to say 'don't rush!' as scum? I don't get it. If CMM had flipped scum I'd kind of get it, but as stands it reads like a null o rtown tell to me, not a scum one. Clarify?

3. I personally think this is just a newb tell, as I think they do this more than anyone - but if in your mind it's a scumtell at least there's the concept of a tell here, so I don't really have an issue with it at face value like the rest of your case. I don't agree it's a tell myself, but I see where you're coming from here.

4. How is this a scumtell? For starters, strategic replacement is against site rules - so, by logic, if it was strategic then either Witchhunter should have been reported by the mod and banned...or the replace is not strategic. The mod has more info than you on the reality of a potential strategic replace and...oh, look, WH hasn't been game banned, has he? In fact, let's actually research this question; his last post on site was 13 days ago in this game.

So...what, your theory is that he is scum, replaced out strategically, and is avoiding the entire site (currently for 13 days and counting) just to help out his future scum replacees?

:neutral:

Tell me more about how this looked "strategic" to you? Because you clearly did zero actual scumhunting on the idea, you just threw around a buzzword (which is also a buzzword, but work with me here).
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1500 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:43 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1498, Postie wrote:I think you're missing the point. Witch_Hunter was pushing against a reason someone gave for townreading Anarachy Shard by saying that it didn't make AS
confirmed
town. It's just a really shitty discredit that doesn't make sense when you're starting from a neutral standpoint on someone's alignment.

Yeah, but that isn't what he said on his initial comment, on that he didn't use the word confirmed. It was only on the clarification.
Also, again, even if we want to presume it's a scumtell...what's the scumtell exactly? Sure, I'll agree thinking that someone was implying conftown looks weird, but how is it scummy? Is it just generally attacking a townread? SirCakez attacked the read also (incorrectly reading it, but attacking it nonetheless) is that a scumtell on him? If it isn't, why does it apply to me and not him? If it is, how do both attacks being over different things equate to both being scumtells?

In post 1498, Postie wrote:I
did
say that I wasn't sure whether this actually said anything about Witch_Hunter's alignment. I just thought it looked weird so I made a note of it.

So we agree it's not a valid tell, excellent.

In post 1498, Postie wrote:I like how the word strategic is in quotation marks as if I used it.

I presumed since you were citing the replace as part of a scumcase that it was.
If you just meant "rar, hate replacements!" then...okay, but that doesn't make it scummy. Only a strategic replace out is scummy, and the site outlaws those.

In post 1498, Postie wrote:I don't think it was a strategic replace out. I think Witch_Hunter got overwhelmed and replaced out because he couldn't get into the game, and I think the reason that happened likely had something to do with him buckling under the pressure of being scum and not doing a very good job of it.

Why could it not be him as town, buckling under pressure, and not being very good at it?
Because he clearly wanted to leave site (for whatever reason) so I can agree with you that the reason might be that he found the pressure of the game unpleasant. Why does that make him scum though? I don't get that part of your conclusion.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1514 (isolation #3) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:08 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1501, Anarchy Shard wrote:And that's why I didn't want to lynch the empty slot.

Why were you voting me then?
Seems the opposite of 'not wanting to lynch the empty slot'...no?

In post 1506, SirCakez wrote:You realize Thor does those easily every game regardless of alignment?

Naturally.
Be careful though, Postie finds it scummy when people attack town reads of others.

Wait...

In post 1512, Postie wrote:
In post 1511, Anarchy Shard wrote:three very long, content-filled posts with logic difficult to find fault in

I strongly disagree on that last bit, but putting that aside for a moment, how is this towny?

Aw, man, pot meet kettle :lol:
Then again, she's dropped defending the non-case to me and is starting to chase other fish (other fish that, per her case on me, have to be town, because I was attacking them being town read). Oh the circles, they hurt me brain!

@SirCakez - who is the scumz and why?

In post 1509, Postie wrote:
In post 1500, Thor665 wrote:Why could it not be him as town, buckling under pressure, and not being very good at it?
Because he clearly wanted to leave site (for whatever reason) so I can agree with you that the reason might be that he found the pressure of the game unpleasant. Why does that make him scum though? I don't get that part of your conclusion.

It's partly the way it happened.
Get called out on being scummy -> posts fizzle out -> PM the mod to be replaced
It feels sneaky.

Sneaky...to...do...what?
Like, I don't get what they're "sneaking" on.
I want to use "strategic" again here, but I feel that would bug you. But sneaky? Sneakily doing what - what did they do that was sneaky (yet not strategic ;) )? I get that you don't like that they replaced out, and I get that it looks underhanded on some level - but what did they accomplish by this sneaky replace fest? Seems like what they accomplished was leaving the site - also known as "wasn't enjoying the game" and I don't get why a town player in WH's slot would have loved the game and stayed while a scum one would have quit the site for at least 13 days if not forever.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1517 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:15 am

Post by Thor665 »

So you didn't want to lynch me because lynching an empty slot is bad to your mind.
But you did want me to feel a lot of pressure.

Why did my slot deserve to feel pressure?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1523 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:08 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1518, The Show Must Go On wrote:What are your reads?

I've been in the game less than 12 hours - when I get some reads I'll make sure you know.
What is your issue with Ranger, and why wouldn't you vote him as opposed to Dice?

In post 1521, Anarchy Shard wrote:Because your slot has almost nothing in the thread. Witch_Hunter made a few posts, but they were all pretty bad. I wanted the replacement to get on, see themselves as a leading wagon, and be motivated to actually start playing.

Why didn't you do that to Rhaegar?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1525 (isolation #6) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:15 am

Post by Thor665 »

Ah, I thought you were calling Dice out because Dice had (positive) backing.
So you are confident in your ability to read Ranger?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1527 (isolation #7) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:28 am

Post by Thor665 »

Want to lynch Postie then?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1529 (isolation #8) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:48 am

Post by Thor665 »

What's Spiffeh done that's scummy beyond lurk, or is lurk the case?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1532 (isolation #9) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:59 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1514, Thor665 wrote:Sneaky...to...do...what?
Like, I don't get what they're "sneaking" on.
I want to use "strategic" again here, but I feel that would bug you. But sneaky? Sneakily doing what - what did they do that was sneaky (yet not strategic ;) )? I get that you don't like that they replaced out, and I get that it looks underhanded on some level - but what did they accomplish by this sneaky replace fest? Seems like what they accomplished was leaving the site - also known as "wasn't enjoying the game" and I don't get why a town player in WH's slot would have loved the game and stayed while a scum one would have quit the site for at least 13 days if not forever.

@Postie.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1534 (isolation #10) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:07 am

Post by Thor665 »

Since when do I catch up with anything?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1535 (isolation #11) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:08 am

Post by Thor665 »

(This is a straight up admission that I'm not going to read the entire game - bank on it)
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1541 (isolation #12) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:27 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1536, Postie wrote:
In post 1514, Thor665 wrote:I get that it looks underhanded on some level

That is exactly the problem.

Agreed.
Because it's a surface level complaint, it's like "oooh, must be scummy!" but it is suggesting you put zero question into WHY is it scummy. I don't care that it looks scummy on the surface, because any actual examination of it tends to suggest that it isn't scummy in any way at all. I'm asking you about it to see if you see something I don't, or to see if I can open your eyes to how empty the issue is, or to see if you come off as scum by blindly defending it.

In post 1536, Postie wrote:I'm not sure what you're trying to get at with this question. It's not like I think Witch_Hunter replaced out to further his win con; I just think he was uncomfortable.

Why would that make him scum as opposed to town?
If it doesn;t (and I don't think it does) why is that an issue against him?

In post 1536, Postie wrote:I think it's possible they just couldn't get into the game because of the speed at which it was moving or whatever else and decided to replace out for that reason, and those things probably played a factor regardless of their alignment, but I think that the way they replaced out makes them more likely to be scum.
I think a townie would have been more likely to voice their frustration at the game before replacing out. The way he just kind-of lurked and then PM'd the mod to replace out feels like he was trying to stay out of the spotlight.

So you don't take his last couple posts (where he suggests others are pedantic and judging him for not playing to their idea of town meta) fail to qualify as hints that he wasn't loving the game?
Also he didn't lurk out between his last post and his replacment post.
And I don't think he lurked out really at all - he only played the game for four days, and posted multiple times each day.
How do you take that as trying to "lay low" and not simply "decided he didn't like the game".
I mean, it literally screams 'didn't like the game and left" to me - but now it's some sort of scum strategy on his part to avoid the spotlight to help his replacement? I mean, even if I wanted to go so far as to think he didn't want his replacement to have to fill a scummy slot (and I don't agree with that) why wouldn't a town player have that exact same thought? It helps their wincon also, to not leave a busted town slot for town to mislynch and annoy a replace in.
But I actually don't think he thought any of those things - I think he thought 'screw this, I'm going home' which seems much more supported by evidence.

Unless you have a banger of an explanation for why I'm wrong you can feel free to ignore this, I have my value call about your case on me now.

In post 1538, The Show Must Go On wrote:Thor, why did you ask me if I would vote Postie?

Because I wanted the answer.

In post 1538, The Show Must Go On wrote:Is she your biggest scumread up to this point?

Sort of, her or Ranger.

In post 1538, The Show Must Go On wrote: If so, why?

Blind sheeping the dead.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1542 (isolation #13) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:28 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1539, Titus wrote:VOTE: SirCakes

This is who we should vote.

Hey, Titus, wanna give me a lowdown of the game as you currently see it?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1545 (isolation #14) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:37 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Postie - Heartless is the dead, if that's the confusion.

@Anarchy - why are you not pushing your "mega-scumread" Titus then, in lack of other options?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1549 (isolation #15) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:40 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1546, Postie wrote:
In post 1545, Thor665 wrote:@Postie - Heartless is the dead, if that's the confusion.

I was scumreading your slot before Heartless died.

Okay?
Don't think that has anything to do with the price of tea in China, but good to know I suppose.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1550 (isolation #16) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:41 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1547, The Show Must Go On wrote:3dice reads please everyone.

Null.
Silly request.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1555 (isolation #17) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:55 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1551, The Show Must Go On wrote:I am not lynching Postie today.
I'm not lynching Ranger ever.

So if you want some common ground that's not 3dice you need to case something.

Why not lynch Postie, she is clearly hopelessly tunneled on me, so even if town is a valid lynch choice. :lol:

In post 1552, Titus wrote:Cakes and Daves are scum. I am the sole available mislynch.

Why are they scum. and, while we're at it, why are Postie and Ranger town?

In post 1553, Titus wrote:Unfortunately you are too Thor. The amount of effort they put in to link us is pretty damning.

Really? How amazingly linked are we and why are you linking yourself to me so strongly?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1561 (isolation #18) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:00 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1554, SirCakez wrote:Titus is scumz for a history of misrepping, tunneling obvtown like SMGO earlier, avoiding all interaction with certain slots like yours.

Why is SMGO obv. town?
Also, is mine the only slot Titus has avoided interacting with?
As an interesting aside, I checked, SMGO also avoided interacting with my slot - so I'm super interested to hear your thoughts here.

In post 1554, SirCakez wrote:Dave is scumz for lurking constantly, saying he was acting scummy on purpose, generally crappy scumhunting

Have you played with Dave as town and seen him not do this?

In post 1554, SirCakez wrote:You are scumz currently because Witch_Hunter had dodgy sucmhunting, didn't vote someone to avoid "rushing their wagon", bad reaction to being townread. Rhaegar just didn't do anything while in your slot.

What do you think of my rebuttal's to Postie, who offered up these same points?
I dismissed them all basically out of hand. The only one you add is "dodgy scumhunting" to which I counter with "player replaced out and left site so...duh"
Where's the fire?

In post 1554, SirCakez wrote:That's going to be problematic inevitably.

Why?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1564 (isolation #19) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:02 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1559, Postie wrote:What? So how am I blind sheeping the dead?

I never said you were - I said it was my reason for finding you and Ranger scummy.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1569 (isolation #20) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:06 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1566, Titus wrote:@Thor, your slot claimed Doctor. :-p

Did you claim backup? Because otherwise whatever my slot claimed I don't see the connection.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1576 (isolation #21) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:31 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1570, SirCakez wrote:That's not true, I just checked their ISO. and are talking about Witch for example, and RC jumped on the Rhaegar wagon while Titus avoided discussing it. Yeah they didn't talk about your slot a ton but they didn't avoid your slot to the extent Titus did.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p7825984
:?
I don't get this classification for what qualifies avoiding my slot or not.

In post 1570, SirCakez wrote:I don't have a completed game with Dave actually iirc.

Is that a yes or a no?

In post 1570, SirCakez wrote:I didn't read through your responses there in detail. I could go more indepth on my scumreads on the previous occupants of the slot but it would be pretty pointless since that player is no longer here to respond. You can defend your predecessor yeah but you aren't the same person. Better to try to read you.

I would agree since the case on me is as empty as empty could be if only using the case on WH and Rhaegar.

In post 1570, SirCakez wrote:Because a lot of important stuff happened early on?

Oh, snap, like what?

In post 1573, Titus wrote:
In post 1569, Thor665 wrote:

Did you claim backup? Because otherwise whatever my slot claimed I don't see the connection.

Ok I can lynch Thor now.

Oh yeah, why is that?
You still haven't answered my connection question yet.

In post 1574, Postie wrote:

Ok I can lynch Thor now.

Oh wow I missed this.

Thor, are you... unclaiming doctor?

I'm pretty sure I'm not making any claim or unclaim in that post - but...sure?
I don't care, decide what you think I'm saying, explain how it's scummy, then get back to me.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1586 (isolation #22) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1577, SirCakez wrote:Mainly the complete lack of address by Titus towards the Rhaegar wagon while SMGO joined it.

Going just off mod VC - the wagon peaked at three votes with a whole ton of people not seeming to get excited by it.
Why was it such an event that Titus needed to comment on it, and not doing so made him scum, while SMGO sheeping along on a null read wagon is obv. town.
I don't get it.

In post 1577, SirCakez wrote:No because I don't have a completed game with him

So why do you think he would scumhunt better than he has?

In post 1577, SirCakez wrote:The Titus vs SMGO, CNM wagon, basically everything Spiffeh posted, etc

Why is Spiffeh's posting so exciting?

In post 1578, Titus wrote:VOTE: Thor

Seriously Thor? You read the setup?

I skimmed it, what of it?

You still haven't answered my question, and this is starting to bore me.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1597 (isolation #23) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:09 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1588, Titus wrote:VOTE: ThorVOTE:

In what universe is backup possible?

It's not - what does me asking if you claimed it have to do with you voting me?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1598 (isolation #24) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:10 am

Post by Thor665 »

Like, is the theory that I'm scum coaching you to claim a role that doesn't exist in the game and that you don't have to then mislynch you for fake claiming backup?
Like, I'm really not following this derp.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1610 (isolation #25) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:11 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1600, Titus wrote:You're asking if I claimed something impossible all the while not confirming or revoking WH's claim.

You are correct, I brought up a non-existent role in this game, and also didn't claim while not at L-1.
I'm not sure why that's scummy on either point.

In post 1600, Titus wrote: You claim to have read the setup briefly but that's not true as backup isn't possible. Asking me if I claim backup strongly implies you claimed doctor so why not outright affirm or disclaim it?

Because it was a joke based off the question I had asked you about how we were connected. Like, here's the conversation flow;

Titus: there case connecting us is strong!
Thor: How are we connected?
Titus: You claimed Doc!
Thor: Did you claim backup?
Titus: LOL Thor is scum!

That's where I'm at, where are you?
Because I thought it was pretty clearly a joke - and even if we want to go with the theory that I was dead serious...what was my scum plan there exactly? To get you to fake affirm that you're a backup?

This makes no sense at all.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1611 (isolation #26) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:12 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1609, Titus wrote:And you just ruined my test. There's zero chance Thor will claim doctor now. None.

Thor claiming doctor would scu firm him, which benefits the entire game. You're right that WH never claimed Doctor. I wanted Thor to confirm or dispel that himself. Why?

And why would you think I would do that?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1616 (isolation #27) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:40 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1613, Titus wrote:The it was a joke defense. My favorite.

Are you saying my reaction didn't come across that way?
What did you think my reaction came across as?

Because your issue still isn't making sense.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1617 (isolation #28) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:41 am

Post by Thor665 »

Honestly, if you're town, I'm insulted at the level of play you're implying in me as theory scum, frankly.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1621 (isolation #29) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:44 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1618, Titus wrote:Wow. Going for the i'm dumb.

Going with the "not addressing how my response didn't look like a joke".

In post 1618, Titus wrote:Seriously, when I asked you how much of the setup you read and you replied that you skimmed it, that clearly indicated not a joke.

What does that have to do with the joke? I did just skim the setup.

In post 1618, Titus wrote:People call out bullSmurf wen faced with it. You didn't. Youhemmed and hawwed.

I actually didn't - I directly asked how your response had anything to do with my question.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1631 (isolation #30) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:04 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1622, davesaz wrote:So were you looking to see what Titus meant individually, or just the general how you're "connected"?

I am not sure what you mean by individually/generally - but what I wanted was what I asked about. Titus was acting like the connection between us had something; since I know that my alignment meant there was no connection beyond happenstance I was curious to hear her thoughts on what said connection was and why it was so damning.

In post 1626, Ranger wrote:
Thor wrote:her or Ranger.
I'd vote Postie in a heartbeat.

That change anything?

At this time? No.
In the future? Maybe.
Words and deeds are different things, and nothing is sure till the Mod flips them.

In post 1630, Ranger wrote:Why is it that the more Postie posts about a wagon, the more uncomfortable I become with lynching that person? :S

You have a Vig shot; Postie or Titus, who eats lead?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1635 (isolation #31) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:25 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1621, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1618, Titus wrote:People call out bullSmurf wen faced with it. You didn't. Youhemmed and hawwed.

I actually didn't - I directly asked how your response had anything to do with my question.

I slept on this, it still appears silly to me, but I have a question now.

Okay, so I'm town or scum - your reaction test is perceived as rolefishing either way by me. Regardless of my alignment I know that you have either seen my role PM or are trying to figure it out.

I "hem and haw" (or, in my version - I don't answer the rolefish, I am actually okay with either interpretation of my dreaded response)
Your theory is that if I am town I would absolutely blast you for rolefishing.
But if I am scum I would be horrified that you were rolefishing me and would not dare bring it up.

Is this correct?

If it is - why does my reaction change so much depending on my alignment? I actually don't know why scum and town would react to a rolefish differently.
If it isn't - what is your actual issue with me? Spelled out, because I don't get it.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1637 (isolation #32) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:22 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Currently my only issue with Titus is not even beginning to grok their scumhunting.
Why would you shoot them in the face?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1639 (isolation #33) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:38 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Who did Titus protect last night? An ISO skim doesn't reveal it to me.

I'm mildly buying the claim due to how terrible the claimed crumb is, personally.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1641 (isolation #34) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:46 am

Post by Thor665 »

In general, sure, in particular to the claim...meh.
I'm liking you better though.

Postie

Depending on how Titus justifies the derp from yesterday I might go there, currently she's surviving based off how laughably bad her crumb was.
I'm putting Dave and Anarchy into semi acceptable lynch range for me.
Everyone else is null climbing to town at the moment.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1642 (isolation #35) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:46 am

Post by Thor665 »

Vote: Postie
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1644 (isolation #36) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:08 am

Post by Thor665 »

And you continue to vote scum who is scum regardless of my alignment...while said scum is also voting me.

So, what are you doing exactly?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1646 (isolation #37) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:15 am

Post by Thor665 »

That is pretty weaksauce to make you look remotely townish.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1649 (isolation #38) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:45 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1648, Titus wrote:You still don't get it at this point.

That would probably be why I made a big post asking you to explain it.
It is also probably why a few players are calling what you did scummy.
Hint: when multiple people are confused - the issue is with your presentation, not our comprehension.

In post 1648, Titus wrote:Cakez and Daveaz bent over backwards trying to say after this slot flips scum, lynch Titus. It's as if they KNEW you were flipping scum. Even then when you call out Cakey, to take off his vote, you're still distancing. There are no available mislynches but me. So yeah. Your team is Smurfed.

I don't see how that connects with the Doc/Backup thing, but your working theory is that Cake and Dave went out of their way to connect you to their scumbuddy, so they could bus the buddy and then lynch you.

I'm not sure why they needed to do that as opposed to just lynching you straight up (I suppose the argument is they're trying that now...?) but, okay, so this is an element of your issue with me I guess.

In post 1648, Titus wrote:Scum want to keep their options open. If you hadn't read, you wouldn't know if you could or couldn't claim Doctor safely as scum, so you'd hedge about it.

Because clearly scum didn't discuss you caliming Doc just like their scumbuddy n the scum QT while hatching the plot to get you lynched while bussing my slot?
...whaaaaat? That makes no sense.
Or is the theory that I didn't read a scum QT as well?

In post 1648, Titus wrote: After all, if I was telling the truth, you had already claimed so I wouldn't be rolefishing. Town would know that I was lying and that I already claimed Doctor.

But your argument is that scum also wouldn't know - making the reactions identical. And if scum did know you had claimed Doc, wouldn't they also know if they had? I don't get this either. You're using words, but nothing is connecting for me.

In post 1648, Titus wrote:That's why Dave saying that Witch Hunter never claimed Doctor is directly coaching you as to what to say. Postie picked up on this and told Dave to shut up. That's why Postie is town. I was trying to pressure you for that reaction, to pick one way or the other. If you CCed me directly as scum, it would be a HUGE boon to the game.

Okay, so, this has nothing to do with me making the Backup joke/serious mind control claim suggestion (and I don't blame you for distancing from that claim without explanation).
Your working theory is this;

Thor is scum who didn't know of any claims.
The scum in the QT planned to bus me to get you lynched (I am presuming they discussed their plan, if not I would love to hear you point out how they orchestrated it)
You decided to reaction test me by seeing if I would claim Doc (which presumes I am, firstly, not an actual Doc, and also am a town player who would immediately blow up at any fake claim tossed in my face, but wouldn't do so as scum).
I acted confused at your non-sequitur to buy myself time because I have never in any games shown an ability to Ctrl+F an Iso of about fifteen posts between two players.
Dave freaked out at how brilliant this all was and knew he had to save Thor, who is known as a scum who has messed up fakeclaims, or at least Dave suspects he will because he thinks I'm a weak scum player.

Is that right?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1650 (isolation #39) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:46 am

Post by Thor665 »

Out of curiosity Titus - have you ever used this tactic as town before?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1651 (isolation #40) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:46 am

Post by Thor665 »

I know for a fact you've never seen me react negatively to anyone trying this sort of play, so I won't ask you to go on a failed hunt to reveal that - no worries ;)
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1655 (isolation #41) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:57 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1652, Titus wrote:No the issue IS with comprehension OR scum deliberately trying to obfuscate.

You hemmed. You're scum. Pretty simple.

Oh please, your case is Swiss cheese, and looks like a lie built after the fact.

In post 1652, Titus wrote:Yes, they HAVE NO MISLYNCHES AVAILABLE. How hard is that to Smurfing understand?

Well, the idea that there are no mislynches available. I see at least four potential lynchable slots right now. Sure, maybe three of them are scum and they're freaking out and pushing you out of desperation. But I kind of doubt it.

In post 1652, Titus wrote:My theory is that you hadn't decided whether or not to CC me. How could you? It's not like you had access to my thoughts.

Why would I need access to your thoughts, as scum, to decide to CC you?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1656 (isolation #42) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:58 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1653, Titus wrote:
In post 1650, Thor665 wrote:Out of curiosity Titus - have you ever used this tactic as town before?

In general, if I gambit, it has zero downside. Any specific gambit is too narrow to be repeated other than macho/bulletproof which is impossible to do here given BP doctor is impossible.

Okay, so you never tried this before, and have no evidence that I react negatively to it as town, and yet you think it would work so clearly as to make you howl at me in caps?
:lol:

What the hell?
What are you thinking right now?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1659 (isolation #43) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:22 am

Post by Thor665 »

Actually Postie is also lynchable, and if I felt like working at it, Anarchy as well.

Especially if there are three scum in your listed four.

Feel free to rampage with that case though, I grok it now, and am content with where my defense and your explanation stands.

Unvote: Postie
Vote: Titus
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1671 (isolation #44) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:08 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1661, Titus wrote:Tell me, are you the roleblocker Thor?

Of course I am, that's why the scumteam was mass bussing me, natch ;)
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1672 (isolation #45) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:11 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Titus - who did you protect, I asked that to someone earlier and never got an answer, and I'm starting to think you never claimed it. I want that claim now, or a link to when you stated it earlier.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1701 (isolation #46) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:09 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Cakez - why do you oppose my lynch, isn't Titus' connection to me kind of a thing for you? I know I pointed out the lack of logic in you voting me over Titus, but theoretically I could still be scum in that situation, so...?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1724 (isolation #47) » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:55 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1702, Expedience wrote:
In post 1701, Thor665 wrote:@Cakez - why do you oppose my lynch, isn't Titus' connection to me kind of a thing for you? I know I pointed out the lack of logic in you voting me over Titus, but theoretically I could still be scum in that situation, so...?

You're trying to tell him that he's wrong in townreading you???

No, what I'm doing is pointing out that he, up to this post, had clearly scumread me, and that my connection to Titus and the interaction thereof is the only reason he had flipped to Titus (after I pointed out how logically he should be voting Titus out of the pair of us).

Then he starts talking like I'm a townread out of nowhere.

Basically I'm asking him how that changed...by pointing out how his presented logic is wrong, but that's different than the question you're lobbing at me.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1725 (isolation #48) » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:56 am

Post by Thor665 »

I mean, seriously, just read the question I asked "why do you oppose my lynch, isn't Titus' connection to me kind of a thing for you?" That's what I'm asking - I'm not telling him anything.
I don't think I should be as hard to understand as people claim.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1727 (isolation #49) » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:23 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1726, Postie wrote:I do think him not pointing out he's not a doctor straight away is a bit sus

Are you a Doc?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1728 (isolation #50) » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:23 am

Post by Thor665 »

C'mon, Postie, you claimed Doc, you better respond to this!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1730 (isolation #51) » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:58 am

Post by Thor665 »

Oh my gawd, you stopped and thought "what is going on here?" as opposed to "I didn't claim Doc, I must immediately decry this person!"

Shocking, really.

I just wanted to see a "town" reaction to the question.
Maybe we should try it again?

@Postie - I know you're the Cop - claim now or deny, there is no other option!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1735 (isolation #52) » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:42 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1734, Postie wrote:you had no reason to doubt Titus was serious about seeing one of your predecessor's claim doctor.

You've never seen that before? This is the first time you've ever witnessed this brilliant ploy?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1736 (isolation #53) » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:42 am

Post by Thor665 »

I mean, it's like fake Dayvigs - who the hell believes those?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1737 (isolation #54) » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:43 am

Post by Thor665 »

Tell you what - you find me *ever* buying into either a fake Dayvig *or* a "you already claimed" ploy and I will happily self vote right now and claim scum.

Take your time.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1738 (isolation #55) » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:44 am

Post by Thor665 »

In fact - that promise is good for any game in the future also.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1740 (isolation #56) » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:06 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1739, Postie wrote:If you knew it was fake why wouldn't you just say you weren't the doctor and/or call bullshit?

Claiming I was or wasn't the Doctor would be a role reveal.
A very brief glance over my play would show you that I don't support random role info granting under any circumstances (I have had multiple L-1 situations where I've refused to claim unless someone states hammer).
I have never done that.
I never will.
Because it's bad play.

He was rolefishing - straight up.,
I didn't play.
He (and you) are now calling that scummy.
And I reckon at least one of you is dead honest serious, which is amazing to me.

In post 1739, Postie wrote:Perhaps I should rephrase - Titus was expecting a serious answer; you weren't.

If Titus was serious, Titus was playing a really derp way.
You don't random rolefish people - especially since Titus had apparently *already* created this theory where I was scum being double bussed and didn't vote me until after I "failed" his reaction test (a test that would require me to not be smart enough to Ctrl+F about 16 posts...which, y'know, is really easy to do, and something I did do, so...?) But, like, nothing in his scum case actually mattered to my failure to claim he was lying, at best it was connected to Dave's "defense" of me.

The thing is, if Titus believed that - what was the point of reaction testing me if he thought I was scum/town being double bussed by scum?
And, if I'm the scum worthy of being double bussed - why vote me?
And if I'm town - why vote me?

Nothing in the case or attack makes sense.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1743 (isolation #57) » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:43 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1741, Titus wrote:@Thor, I wasn't role fishing you. It also wasn't random. If you were being double distanced, I wanted to verify the theory. You wanting to hedge as to whether or not you claimed Doctor indicated scum to me.

It doesn't matter to me which scum dies first.

I don't particularly believe you.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1745 (isolation #58) » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:53 am

Post by Thor665 »

Yes, that is one of the things I am saying there, amongst others.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1747 (isolation #59) » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:57 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1576, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1574, Postie wrote:

Ok I can lynch Thor now.

Oh wow I missed this.

Thor, are you... unclaiming doctor?

I'm pretty sure I'm not making any claim or unclaim in that post - but...sure?
I don't care, decide what you think I'm saying, explain how it's scummy, then get back to me.

Are you trying to misrep me, or did you think the second line had no bearing to the first?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1750 (isolation #60) » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:00 am

Post by Thor665 »

Quote any point from prior to Post 1574 where you think it shows me unclaiming Doctor.
Then I will explain what sarcasm is and how it applies to Post 1576.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1751 (isolation #61) » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:02 am

Post by Thor665 »

The point being - I hadn't claimed or unclaimed anything.
You then asked me if I was unclaiming.
I reacted like you were making a crazy statement, and basically asked you to back up what you were saying.

You are now deciding that me going "...sure?" is a verification of an unclaim.

If you believe that - then, yeah, proceed with your case, because I and you don't talk the same language.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1756 (isolation #62) » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:20 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1752, Postie wrote:
In post 1751, Thor665 wrote:You are now deciding that me going "...sure?" is a verification of an unclaim.

If you're saying it wasn't, then... what was it? :neutral:

If you're saying it's a confirmation - you run with that.
I don't care, I've presented my case, and evidence.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1757 (isolation #63) » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:22 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1659, Thor665 wrote:

@Mod.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1758 (isolation #64) » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:22 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1757, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1659, Thor665 wrote:

@Mod.

@Mod

Oops :oops: Fixed in latest VC at top of next pgae.
Last edited by TheShadow on Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1776 (isolation #65) » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:43 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1759, Postie wrote:
In post 1756, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1752, Postie wrote:
In post 1751, Thor665 wrote:You are now deciding that me going "...sure?" is a verification of an unclaim.

If you're saying it wasn't, then... what was it? :neutral:

If you're saying it's a confirmation - you run with that.

Okay but was it or was it not a "verification of an unclaim" and if not, what were you saying?

What part of "I don't care" confuses you.
I've answered this question - all I would do now is repeat my answers to you.
I have no further interest in doing so - proceed with your case as you see fit, if you need Mafia education join a Newbie with me as an IC when I'm encouraged to deal with this sort of stuff. You're either town who doesn't get it, and won't get it till after the game is over, or you're scum who doesn't get it it (or is faking not getting it) none of those possibilities suggest me explaining it in smaller words will help - so, no.

In post 1761, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1753, Expedience wrote:
In post 1723, SirCakez wrote:Titus knows how to drop crumbs as scum, that's a terrible reason to townread her for.

Maybe that's why that's not why I'm townreading her.

Someone said they were townreading Titus's crumbs, I don't remember if it was you or someone else

It was me.

In post 1763, Ranger wrote:
Expedience wrote:Are you claiming cop or something, you seem awfully sure?
This is not something I should answer.

Oh man, now Titus and Postie will scum read you!
Brilliant scumhunting, Expedience!

In post 1771, Titus wrote:
In post 1769, Ranger wrote:
SirCakez wrote:I'm not lynching Thor, vote Titus
^

Ranger, stop being a dumb Smurf.

You've already told scum you're one of two roles based on your challenge to me and they know I'm town.

Oh...no...wait, apparently this is utterly different than confirming something about your role when asked. ;)

In other words, I'd oppose Ranger, Cakez, and SMGO wagons. I'm fine with all others at this stage. I actively endorse a Titus wagon. I could probably do an Expedience or 3dice wagon out of boredom, and those are my next two biggest drives, so... meh.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1777 (isolation #66) » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:45 am

Post by Thor665 »

And for the record everyone - Titus has been asked multiple times to claim target.
She hasn't.
In a game with possible tracking roles.
Just saying.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1779 (isolation #67) » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1778, Titus wrote:I claimed my target yesterday. I am not claiming future targets.

Can you quote it?

And I haven't moved any goalposts - you're either lying, or full on derp tunneling, at no point did I ask you to claim a future target.
Feel free to quote me to catch me in that lie.
But you won't, because you can't - keep spewing.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1782 (isolation #68) » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:02 am

Post by Thor665 »

Okay, so you haven't then - point holds.
And goalpost moving was dropped like a wet blanket - so me calling you a liar or tunneled holds.

Copy.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1785 (isolation #69) » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:02 am

Post by Thor665 »

What were my original goalposts then? Can you describe them?

And, ah, now we're back to the 'yeah, I didn't claim'.

Who is moving what now?

Scum.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1787 (isolation #70) » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:10 am

Post by Thor665 »

Your theory being that Titus is just mad tunneling and has given up on reality?
I think Postie looks more likely the derp town of the pair - why do you disagree?

What's your beef with Dave?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1791 (isolation #71) » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1788, Titus wrote:
In post 1785, Thor665 wrote:What were my original goalposts then? Can you describe them?

And, ah, now we're back to the 'yeah, I didn't claim'.

Who is moving what now?

Scum.

You didn't refute being doctor.
Most
people would call me out.

@RC, If you vote Dave, I will. I am not voting Postie.

I see a *small* flaw in your logic for calling me scum over that.
What could it be, what could it be...?

Basically what you're saying is "I think town would do this" with no actual supporting reasoning to even show that most town would do it, and assuredly no reasoning to show that I'm that town.

Then you keep lying about stuff to my face while claiming that your case makes sense.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1792 (isolation #72) » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:34 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1789, The Show Must Go On wrote:I don't like how he's lording his bizarre Smurf as a reason we should kiss his towny boots, the whole thing feels sake, he's a shared scumread of most of my townpool, and PoEing the people I'm not townreading I'm pretty sure we'll win this eventually, especially since I will nearly positively not die at night.

So, bad reads is your case on him?
I...can think of a number of players with iffy logic in this thread, what makes Dave the worst offender?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1796 (isolation #73) » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:39 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1794, RadiantCowbells wrote:I absolutely would not describe my scumread on him as 'Bad reads so scum' since that's the least of my concerns with his slot.

Hey, that's what you described when I asked you for the case - don't shoot the repeater of the message. Clarify it if you need to, but "scum reads my town reads" and "lording bizarre reasoning" is bad reads = scum last I checked.

I am not a fan of his scummy play = strategy thing either, but I flat out have seen *multiple* town players over the years do and claim this exact thing. It's not selling me as much as it's clearly selling you.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1798 (isolation #74) » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:41 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1795, Titus wrote:My case history is that everyone smart calls out someone for doing what I did and calls them a liar. Every time.

I do not think you're dumb, so you were hedging.

You're always welcome to show where smart town hedged and prove me wrong.

Burden is on the persuader dude.

Burden is on the accused not the accuser?
Lulz.

But, okay;

Give me a suggestion for a good way to search for that in game threads and I'll happily provide examples.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1799 (isolation #75) » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:42 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1797, RadiantCowbells wrote:No.

I said 'He is scumread by my townreads.'

Very different.

Oh, okay, with the misspelling of fake right before it, I interpreted it as "he's shared scumreads of my townreads".
So your townreads are 3dice and Titus?
Or someone(s) else?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1804 (isolation #76) » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:00 am

Post by Thor665 »

This is not an easy thing to search Titus - no wonder you're (scummily) wanting me to do it and not do the reseacrh yourself.

Here I am, as town, being asked to claim something and basically telling the other player why it would be dumb regardless of my alignment to claim said thing.
I am town.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p6416608
I don't call them scummy for asking, but I do suggest it's dumb.

Here I am as town back in 2014 wondering why no one tried the "replace in claim" check on me, and noted that I didn't think it would work on me as a reaction test. Proving that I'm aware of it as a strategy, and also that I understand how it works, and understand how to, y'know, check myself before I wreck myself.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p6148943

Here I am replacing into a game, as town, you were in this game.
I reveal that I'm already aware of how much my role has claimed upon replacing in - suggesting I checked out some stuff in that regard. I guess you figure I don't do that no more?
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p6929726

That's all I got.
But I think it backs up what I've said more than what you've said.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1812 (isolation #77) » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:28 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1810, Titus wrote:Postie, calling Ranger insane is insulting.

@Thor, you quoting that and arguing might save you a lot of hassle if you want to argue you're a special snowflake. I will be verifying it later but you're down from confscum to prob scum.

I cannot actually make this face hard enough to properly convey my reaction right now.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1814 (isolation #78) » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:30 am

Post by Thor665 »

You think I would at least get a "yeah, sorry, might have been stretching the truth a lot, Sorry Thor".
No such luck I suppose.

Sorry, Titus, for spanking your weak case in the face off the brilliantly difficult task of proving I'm not a newb town on his first revelation of the ruddy "lol, you already claimed" gambit that is so shockingly new and neat that very few have ever heard of it.

Dayvig: Titus

If you don't freak out, you must be scum!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1815 (isolation #79) » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:31 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1813, Titus wrote:@Thor, Being an Aspie, I wouldn't get it anyway.

Then be aware of where it hurts you and don't random hard tunnel on derp and lies?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1818 (isolation #80) » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:37 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1816, Titus wrote:I wasn't looking for a "freakout". Just a comment like follows:

Your dayvig is impossible. Nice try.

The grass is green.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1822 (isolation #81) » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:30 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1819, Titus wrote:
In post 1818, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1816, Titus wrote:I wasn't looking for a "freakout". Just a comment like follows:

Your dayvig is impossible. Nice try.

The grass is green.

Why did you say that and spam?

I'm sorry, I thought we were claiming that only by stating a semi-proven, yet also fairly obvious thing when asked something silly (and assuredly *not* by saying "I don't see how this is relevant") would we show that we are town.
Is this not true?

A knife cuts.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1840 (isolation #82) » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:59 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1823, Titus wrote:Except, you'd say it if it was that easy.

Yes, because Thor is absolutely known for never being sarcastic, or poking fun at questions he thinks are dumb, right?

Water is wet.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1841 (isolation #83) » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:03 am

Post by Thor665 »

I mean, I even directly addressed hos silly I thought your question was when you asked it - I straight up said "whaaaaat?".
Remember when you were trying to argue that I wasn't making a joke?
And now we have evidence to suggest I am well aware of how silly your reaction test was?

Also, while we're at it, we have glowing evidence (that you haven't read yet, because...y'know, three links to three posts is EPIC reading investment) that straight up shows that I know how the reaction test works.
If you know how that reaction test works...why would I be namby-pamby in the face of it?
In fact - the entire point of being namby-pamby...what did that get me? Did I need extra time to search my massive predecessor's isos? Was I buying time for that?
Ignoring the reasonable chance that I already did skim them, as other evidence shows I tend to do, and decided not to skim them again right away, why would I even bother to post a namby response?

But you're ignoring evidence and still picking at me, not changing your opinion in the face of new evidence.

That's why you're tunneled or scum.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1842 (isolation #84) » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:06 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1837, Titus wrote:I am literally consistently voting the biggest scumread on mine and tried pushing Cakey for days. At this point, I am just voting the biggest wagon that's not on my townreads.

Funny how you come around to that as the wagon on you grows ;)

In post 1826, Anarchy Shard wrote:While I did like his entry, the last page or so just looks like meaningless spam. I may be missing some context here, but yeah. Combined with the fact that his predecessors did nothing pro-Town in the slightest... Let's do it.

You are missing context, learn to read games in context so you don't need to put disclaimers on bad votes?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1843 (isolation #85) » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:08 am

Post by Thor665 »

Anarchy's vote on me basically screams that he read my short post "grass is green" and didn't bother to try to figure out what I was saying, or how it was a direct answer to ongoing revelations/
It also shows he is hard skimming.

@Anarchy - learn to sheep if you're not going to learn to work.
Or, feel free to back up how I'm posting "meaningless spam" because that is so blatantly wrong, you should be ashamed you posted it.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1845 (isolation #86) » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:19 am

Post by Thor665 »

Which, Anarchy?
Eh, maybe, but neither town nor scum benefits from posting provably wrong statements, and both do.
It's why I'm attacking Titus more on the bad logic shown in her statements. Anarchy said somethign false, but if true it makes sense to vote me over it. Titus said something false, but if true it still doesn't make sense as a reason to vote someone.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1846 (isolation #87) » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:21 am

Post by Thor665 »

Looking at my current wagon resurgence, I'd actually tag Expedience (with a Titus -> Thor vote move, which makes very little sense) as the worst reasoning and timing wise.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1847 (isolation #88) » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:21 am

Post by Thor665 »

Actually it was a Titus -> Postie -> Thor

Same point.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1850 (isolation #89) » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:44 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1849, The Show Must Go On wrote:You should still not vote Titus.

I have presented my issues with Titus - if you'd like to discuss what's wrong with them, feel free. But empty commentary isn't going to change my mind.

The Dave slot is "fine" as a lynch, but I am not a fan of the composition of that wagon.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1854 (isolation #90) » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:46 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1851, Postie wrote:Everyone who is okay with voting Titus has voted Titus. That lynch isn't going to go through.
Move your vote somewhere where it'll have an impact and not further the chances of a No Lynch.

The same could be said for your Dave wagon, that is a comprimise wagon through and through.
And, incidentally, the Titus wagon is just as big as it.

So, no, not randomly getting off my top scum read to vote a compromise wagon that isn't much bigger, deadline or no.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1855 (isolation #91) » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:53 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1838, TheShadow wrote:davesaz (4) - 3dicerolling, The Show Must Go On, Titus, Postie

Also, just looking at this.

We have a mild scumread of mine, being voted by...;

3dice (the OTHER compromise wagon of the day)
Titus (my top scumread)
Postie (a town read only by dint that I find your derp cases slightly more town minded, but not a person I would ever sheep, and a player I'd probably be okay compromising on to lynch)
and Show Must Go On - who, frankly, is mostly a town read by dint of not saying anything insane yet today, potentially due to being lurky and not actually explaining reads.

Yeah, wagon o' win right there!

I've got a scum read and a derp read voting me - derp read may be expected to place an actual vote when he reads me AND Titus pointing out that he hasn't read the thread. So, that vote will be moved to one of the top wagons, because Anarchy is a sheeper.

And we have Aero, a lurk read, who at least doesn't seem bought into the 'Titus must be town' cult.

That's two potential Titus votes right there, which is literally all I need to lynch my top scum read.

Of the people voting Dave, I think only you and Show have come out with calling Titus a "not lynch" read.
I don't recall 3dice's value call, but I'd wager he's a potential mover.
I'm willing to bet with the way you're wringing hands about no lynch AND have called Titus not a town read, but a potential verifiable read - that you also are a potential mover in a pinch.

So that's two other potential vote moves.

Wagon looks viable to me.

Aero should place a vote on Dave or Titus and make the value call for the day.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1884 (isolation #92) » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:43 am

Post by Thor665 »

I'd like to see Titus claim their protect target.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1929 (isolation #93) » Sun May 01, 2016 12:52 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Titus - I think it's called a cross claim.

Also;

@Titus - why are you still attached to your Dave/Cakez/Thor scumteam in any way considering how Dave flipped? Why aren't you...y'know, reassessing things?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1932 (isolation #94) » Sun May 01, 2016 6:05 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1931, Titus wrote:I'll always be attached to SirCakez scum until he shows otherwise. I cannot remember the last time I was wrong reading him.

Okay, so he is scum due to tunnel.

But, with your conspiracy case falling down around your ears - where are your reads right now?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1933 (isolation #95) » Sun May 01, 2016 6:06 am

Post by Thor665 »

Because theoretically you should have at least one of your "so obv. town as to allow us to PoE the game and point out how scum is desperately stuck in a corner" town reads being scum now, yeah?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1936 (isolation #96) » Sun May 01, 2016 6:34 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1934, Titus wrote:Sorry, Cakey is scum. I will worry about the other scum after I flip Cakey.

Said like so many scum.

In post 1934, Titus wrote:The way you are defending him is still artificial. The fact is I haven't been wrong in reading Cakey in quite awhile. I'm perfectly fine starting with everything from a Cakey is scum position.

Pretty sure I haven't actually been defending him that much.
Also, if you know how to read him that well - what the hell were you doing attacking me and compromising onto Dave yesterday?

In post 1934, Titus wrote:You don't like it, try to prove he's town. Attacking me for knowing how to read Cakey is going to get you nowhere stat.

Why don't you explain how to read Cakey, so the rest of the town can see what you see and sheep you?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1945 (isolation #97) » Sun May 01, 2016 7:34 am

Post by Thor665 »

I would oppose any and all pre-made lists.
Popcorn or GTSO

In post 1937, Titus wrote:1) Deflect less. It might help you in your quest to appear town.

2) That's exactly what you're doing now by chainsawing. I compromised onto Dave because my townreads weren't voting him so I had a zero percent chance of getting Cakey lynched. It was Dave or me. I still don't trust you to be town anyway.

3) I have and I'm demonstrating by examples when I'm interacting with Cakey but your mudslinging is interrupting the process.

1. Back up your claims, it would help you? I'm not even deflecting - I'm saying it didn't happen. Did it?

2. :neutral:

3. Isn't the process over? And if not, if it's ongoing, maybe don't act like you have a read...unless that's part of the process, in which case meh, carry on I guess, let me know when you're sheepable.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1970 (isolation #98) » Sun May 01, 2016 8:58 am

Post by Thor665 »

I love how excited everyone is that they're the special snowflakes that bypass popcorn due to secret scumhuntng.

I will admit to expecting to being somewhat underwhelmed across the board.

In post 1946, SirCakez wrote:What's GTSO?

Recognize that I replace all curse words with Smurf.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1972 (isolation #99) » Sun May 01, 2016 9:45 am

Post by Thor665 »

We were popcorning, then people broke the popcorning.

I'm actually okay with that, because the people stating reasons to break popcorn order and those agreeing with them is all part of the benefit of popcorning.

But the lists?
Don't make me laugh.
People can keep making them - I oppose all of them.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1994 (isolation #100) » Sun May 01, 2016 3:36 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1973, Ranger wrote:
Titus (3) - davesaz, Ranger, Thor665
davesaz (6) - 3dicerolling, The Show Must Go On, Titus, Postie, SirCakez, Anarchy Shard
Seriously, look at that davesaz wagon. At this point, the only players on there I wouldn't lynch are TheShowMustGoOn (who is town) and SirCakez (who is pretty obviously town).

Looking st this, I have to admit, if Ranger is town and looks town from his claim - I'm probably hard tunneling Titus.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2004 (isolation #101) » Mon May 02, 2016 1:30 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1996, Expedience wrote:I'm tracker.

Night 1: 3dice went nowhere
Night 2: Aeronaut went nowhere

Popcorn

In post 2001, Postie wrote:I really hate the way Thor has evaded claiming so far actually.

No one has chosen me yet.
Welcome to reality.
If you thought my claim was that importnat, then you should have stuck with your already crumbed role and popcorned to me, rather than trying to get RC to claim before you.

I understand you're desperate to claim last, but your priorities seem muddled in that goal.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2006 (isolation #102) » Mon May 02, 2016 2:14 am

Post by Thor665 »

If Expe popcorns to me,I will react.

I never agreed to the claim order, I openly expressed distaste for the very concept of the claim order.
Isn't it just shocking that I'm not randomly following one of the multiple claim orders people tossed out.
Weird really, how dodgy Thor is...
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2007 (isolation #103) » Mon May 02, 2016 2:17 am

Post by Thor665 »

If it mattered to you that much, you should have popcorned to me while claiming future proof of role. That would have put you in the popcorn order, would have maintained your goal of claiming last while still (kinda) locking you in, and would have allowed you to express your top scumread in me (for...reasons...what is the case on me now that Dave is dead exactly?)

Instead you whine that I'm not following a claim order that the town as a whole never agreed to, and that I assuredly never agreed to, and acting like that's me being "difficult".

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2009 (isolation #104) » Mon May 02, 2016 4:20 am

Post by Thor665 »

Because popcorn is objectively a better method, and while we're at it, if you believe that - why did you hop onto the claim order bandwagon with your own suggested order?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2011 (isolation #105) » Mon May 02, 2016 4:58 am

Post by Thor665 »

There reasons are not objective because they haven't been explained yet - but, okay, I guess you still trust them that hard.
Though you still didn't need to abandon popcorn to do so. At least not for Postie, whose the only one vaguely expressing some legit concepts to my mind justifying that claim order shift.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2012 (isolation #106) » Mon May 02, 2016 4:58 am

Post by Thor665 »

Their*
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2014 (isolation #107) » Mon May 02, 2016 5:30 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2013, Anarchy Shard wrote:Pardon, semi-newbie question here.

Why does the claim order matter? Why not just have everyone claim in their next post?

Functionally it is best for scum to get to claim last, as it could allow them to game the claim system.
Basically; for all the reasons one would normally want scum to claim earliest and town to claim latest - it helps you spot lying scum.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2019 (isolation #108) » Mon May 02, 2016 12:42 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2018, Anarchy Shard wrote:Like this here. Is this not a problem?

Depends on your reads - do you think it's a problem?

I find Postie pretty abhorrent on the town/scum scale, but also kinda like the bravado of the crumbing.
I am less sold on RC, and have no idea why they think they have the town cred to try to force a late claim.
What are your thoughts?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2027 (isolation #109) » Tue May 03, 2016 1:45 am

Post by Thor665 »

VT

Popcorn - Aeronaut.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2028 (isolation #110) » Tue May 03, 2016 1:46 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2025, Ranger wrote:I
still
don't get why we're massclaiming anyway.

I still think it's being pushed mainly by scum. (Namely, Titus and Postie.)

We're in for a penny in for a pound at this point anyway.

That said, it's Day 3, there have been no scum flips and also no PR flips.
It's a pretty good point to massclaim.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2030 (isolation #111) » Tue May 03, 2016 5:37 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2029, Anarchy Shard wrote:
SirCakez wrote:It started because RC apparently has relevant results and wanted to out them.

Then why doesn't he? Unless these results are going to change based on claims (read: are fake), I still see little point in waiting.

That might be true - if, after he claims, there is no seeming reason for the wait, then we'll have something to talk about.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2048 (isolation #112) » Wed May 04, 2016 12:14 am

Post by Thor665 »

Aero
should popcorn - then we'll know who's next.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2050 (isolation #113) » Wed May 04, 2016 1:02 am

Post by Thor665 »

Yo to you?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2062 (isolation #114) » Wed May 04, 2016 9:03 am

Post by Thor665 »

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2068 (isolation #115) » Wed May 04, 2016 12:26 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2063, Titus wrote:I want Ranger to go next. She's already claimed anyway. 3dice can then go. Ranger needs to explicitly spell out Jail or Doc though.

3dice should then e pressured.

To your mind shouldn't Ranger go last, being confirmed town and all to you?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2109 (isolation #116) » Thu May 05, 2016 3:46 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2075, Titus wrote:I thought Ranger was tracker and I was blocked. Given RC soft, there are other explanations.

If you thought that, what did you think stopped the kill?

In post 2102, 3dicerolling wrote:I'm so confused, I posted 17 hours ago?

You posted "Yo" a blatant prod dodge 17 hours ago.
I fully support mod's decision to replace you - you aren't participating in the game.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2200 (isolation #117) » Fri May 06, 2016 1:05 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2109, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2075, Titus wrote:I thought Ranger was tracker and I was blocked. Given RC soft, there are other explanations.
If you thought that, what did you think stopped the kill?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2202 (isolation #118) » Fri May 06, 2016 1:12 am

Post by Thor665 »

So Show or Ranger are confirmed town.
I like Expedience and RC for town also.
Titus' play is poison, and even with scum presumed abilities it makes one wonder at his continued life.
Aero is less likely scum as long as we buy into Expedience.

I don't dislike the Anarchy lynch based off what I've seen in the game, but I remember when I replaced in there was a lot of talk about how obv. town he was - what happened to that?

@Titus - Why not lynch Cakez, who seemed to lack that?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2203 (isolation #119) » Fri May 06, 2016 1:13 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Postie - while we're at it, is the claim and setup helping you "sort" Titus? :lol:
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2213 (isolation #120) » Fri May 06, 2016 7:55 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2209, The Show Must Go On wrote:Question.
If you think that Titus is scum, there is another scum in the PR claims.
Who is it? Postie or Expedience?
I do not follow how you conceptualize that.
Why is it that if Titus is scum a second scum needs to exist in the PR claims?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2215 (isolation #121) » Fri May 06, 2016 8:05 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2202, Thor665 wrote:@Titus - Why not lynch Cakez, who seemed to lack that?
@Titus - well, now that you're remembering that you would still want to lynch him over Anarchy, maybe just tell me why you were kinda vaguely buying into Anarchy during that sudden Anarchy rush?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2218 (isolation #122) » Fri May 06, 2016 8:23 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2216, The Show Must Go On wrote:Do you think that there's an SK?

Because if you don't, there's guaranteed to be an odd number of PRs.
Hurm, that's a good point.
Though that would mean scum has been derpy enough to not kill a Doc for two nights.
Okay, let's lynch in the VTs, jail in the VTs, Track in the VTs, and Rolecop in the VTs.
In post 2217, Titus wrote:^^^ Comments like this make me thing you know Anarchy is town.

I was derping all over the place last night. Wanted to check my work.
Riiiiight.
Feel free to engage brain anytime now.
If you were derping so badly as to mess up your reads - how exactly is me noting that indicitive of me being scum rather then town who has you as a top scumspect and is aware of your reads?
Shocking, I know.

Vote: Aeronaut
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2234 (isolation #123) » Fri May 06, 2016 9:33 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2221, The Show Must Go On wrote:Or Postie & Titus or both scum but I don't see that as likely atm.
I've had Postie as derpy town for some time now.
Titus is being saved by setup spec.

I don't see both of them being scum and going after me the way they did (I know Titus will think that doesn't make sense, and that scum exactly do that, albeit mostly to partners, but...)
In post 2223, The Show Must Go On wrote:Oh, and Thor: What happened to Aero being likelier to be town based on the tracker result?
You cleared Titus in my mind.
That leaves us with a number of slots, Sir Cakez strikes me as, amongst the possibilities, the one least likely to go along with the derp idea of not killing a town Titus.
Aero has been absent enough to let the derp run the house.
The others all seem along the lines to think that clever for some reason.
Aero slot has less info known about him, and is thus more useful to just axe while investigative info can be assessed in light of other slots' play.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2237 (isolation #124) » Fri May 06, 2016 9:48 am

Post by Thor665 »

If you believe only Anarchy is that bad - your case only has support if Anarchy is solo scum, which we know is not the case.
There have to be multiple bad slots, or multiple slots that would convince themselves the gambit is good.

3dice is pretty absentee, he has not been as absentee as Aero - which doesn't take a lot of doing, but still.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2272 (isolation #125) » Sat May 07, 2016 12:06 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2238, The Show Must Go On wrote:Remember what alignment you were last time your reasoning was this Smurf?
I'll guess you're referencing a scum game of mine.
I also will bet that in that game I noted that I didn't think you could read me, and that I was pressing things I would have pressed as town.
So - I don't really care.
In post 2240, The Show Must Go On wrote:If you think Cakez is town and you claim to be town and you believe all PRs are town that autoleads you to Anarchy/3Dice/FA.
Yet you won't vote Anarchy or 3Dice.

So, ok?
So...what evidence are you using to suggest I "won't" and in what universe do you not understand the point of voting Aero's slot?
So, okay?
In post 2245, Titus wrote:@Thor/Cakey/Anarchy/RC

Thoughts of town!RC trying to check Ranger N1 but checking me instead by accident? Plausible yes or no?
How would you suppose that scum would have done that?
In post 2249, Titus wrote:The depths to which Cakey is defended also don't sit right to me.
How is anyone besides me defending Cakey - and, after your push on Thor/Cakey/Dave and Dave's flip how is my defense surprising or out of sorts?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2290 (isolation #126) » Sat May 07, 2016 9:30 am

Post by Thor665 »

Why are you so convinced we should lynch within the PRs as opposed to the VTs?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2292 (isolation #127) » Sat May 07, 2016 10:38 am

Post by Thor665 »

I'm still trying to figure out the people connecting you and Anarchy in their heads, myself.

But Postie + Titus feels like pretty deprtastic scum play to me. You see them both going balls deep derp in their push on me yesterday?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2379 (isolation #128) » Sun May 08, 2016 12:48 am

Post by Thor665 »

I'm still intrigued that the Postie/Titus connection is being sold.
In post 2349, Titus wrote:Exactly, why is it hard to get votes onto CAkey, Thor and FA?
Because that case makes as much sense as your Thor/Cakey/Dave case - and you're not even selling any actual case beyond wailing the names?
Also Thor is voting FA, and ducked the easy Anarchy wagon to do so.
Also, aren't you voting AS right now?
I want to smack you upside the head if you're town.
In post 2305, Frozen Angel wrote:becuase I think their power role is between them. I can go with anarchy lynch too
What makes you so convinced that 2 scum opted to fakeclaim PRs?
I'll agree if scum is fakeclaiming, two are doing it, but what makes you think they'd go for that at that stage?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2389 (isolation #129) » Sun May 08, 2016 2:42 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2380, Frozen Angel wrote:There are scummy players inside TPR claimers (>.> Titus) so I think I like to call 2 scum are in there.
The problem with that, is I don't think there are logical partners for Titus in there.
In post 2381, Expedience wrote:Thor, your question is completely unnecessary. Like you've caught on to FA having a bad stance on this and want to get her to repeat it so you can stride in at the end with all the answers to your questions lined up
Oh really? Please go find me where she indicated that her reason for finding two scum amongst the PRs is that Titus is so scummy there must be another.
I'll wait.
In post 2381, Expedience wrote:Also "intrigued" that's so terrible.
So is connecting Postie to Titus - what word would have made you happier for me to use?
In post 2381, Expedience wrote:I actually started reading your posts lately rather than just hearing them and think you could be scum.
Really? How come?
Also if you have logic connecting me to FA I'd be, dare I say, intrigued to hear it.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2430 (isolation #130) » Mon May 09, 2016 2:13 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2396, Titus wrote:So PoE is you three.

That PoE is based on you being town and also based on you accurately knowing multiple people's meta correctly (and based on me bussing - which, if you were aware of my current meta, you wouldn't suggest, which makes me suspect your other meta is bad).

Not really impressed, I have to say.

In post 2407, Anarchy Shard wrote:FA's not making sense and trying to push PR lynched over VTs. Unless she has some kind of silver bullet she's declining to share with us, that's not a Town plan.

Wouldn't it be advantageous for scum to push whichever group had less scum? If scum are 2 or 3 in VTs, good scum play is to push PRs. If scum are 2 in PRs then it's good to push VTs. So either push either way is only scummy depending on where the scum are or are not.

In post 2418, Frozen Angel wrote:From my stand view I can't beleive that all of the scum team claimed VT. They have no control on game that way.

I agree with this. The problem is, the only other way is for multiple scum to claim PR (or we've had a laughably unlucky SK)
They did have ample time to discuss it in QT if Titus is scum, so a multiple scum move is maybe believable, but even in that situation there is one scum in VTs.
The VTs are the group that is guranteed to have scum, no matter what scum claimed, is I think my point.

In post 2424, Frozen Angel wrote:I want someone testing Titus and I want someone testing the someone who is testing titus. the rest be on VT's I don't care.

my proposal : Postie jail keep Titus , expe tracking Postie

or expe checking Titus , RC checking expe

This way tpr's will be tested out semi completly

I don't see how either of those check anything.

To my mind we have one generally agreed upon cleared town PR - Ranger (I also, personally, add Expe to the list, but agree that is more a read than a confirm).
As a Doc, he can protect an investigative - our best investigative to target PRs is the rolecop.

I would suggest the following;
Rolecop - Titus (though, honestly, we could make this Postie, I suppose).
Ranger protects rolecop.
Titus protects Ranger.

Jailkeeper targets a calimed VT.
Tracker targets whomever he wishes.

The next day we see who is standing.
Tracker claims result last.

That looks like a better play to me, yeah?
Shoot holes in it (other than busdriver - but we can't do much about that)

Unvote: Frozen Angel
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2433 (isolation #131) » Mon May 09, 2016 3:14 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2432, Frozen Angel wrote:so thats tonight plan. I guess the main flaw of it is RC - Titus scum team.

There are a massive amount of flaws in it beyond that.

But the core point is - we have 1 or 3 scum in the VTs.
We have 0 or 2 scum in the PRs.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2436 (isolation #132) » Mon May 09, 2016 3:31 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2434, Frozen Angel wrote:who do you suspect more in VT's ?

That's a good question that I don't have a solid answer for.
I would say I see both 3dice and Anarchy as good lynches. Due to my issues with Titus I think Cakez is a poor lynch, as if he is scum I tend to see there being two additional scum amongst the VTs, so we basically could barely pick wrong at that stage. The catch of that is it is predicated on my issue with Titus and presuming that any scum pairing amongst the PRs would, by definition, include Titus. I'm not sure if that's a safe conf. bias to be living with though, but I also don't really see any other pairing that makes me salivate as much.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2438 (isolation #133) » Mon May 09, 2016 3:36 am

Post by Thor665 »

I'm pulling together a very surface level VCA glance - but looking back, Anarchy and Titus both jumped on SirCakez at day start - I think that suggests that neither is likely scum with SirCakez nor with each other.

I will admit an Anarchy scum flip would make me feel that Titus is more likely town.

@FA - who do you see as the most likely scum PR pairing that is NOT a pairing with Titus in it?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2439 (isolation #134) » Mon May 09, 2016 3:36 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2437, RadiantCowbells wrote:
presuming that any scum pairing amongst the PRs would, by definition, include Titus.

This is true, for the record.

Is it?
Like, you see no other way a scum pairing there could exist?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2443 (isolation #135) » Mon May 09, 2016 3:43 am

Post by Thor665 »

ConManMick
(7) -
davesaz
Heartless
, Expedience, The Show Must Go On, Titus, SirCakez, Frozen Angel
Expedience (2) - Anarchy Shard, 3dicerolling
SirCakez (3) – Thor665, Postie,
ConManMick

3dicerolling (1) - Ranger

Not Voting:

Titus (3) -
davesaz
, Ranger, Thor665
davesaz
(6) - 3dicerolling, The Show Must Go On, Titus, Postie, SirCakez, Anarchy Shard
Thor665 (1) - Expedience

Not Voting: Frozen Angel
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2447 (isolation #136) » Mon May 09, 2016 3:50 am

Post by Thor665 »

Can someone remind me why we're clearing Ranger - I feel like that was pretty likely.
Because if we're clearing Ranger for solid reasons a valid lynch option becomes me - then lynch Titus if I flip town based off the final vote tally from yesterday.

Sir Cakez was the deciding vote move (vaguely) in the battle between lynch SirCakez and Dave. With a Dave town flip, that actually strongly suggests to me that either Titus is scum, and that was a potential save, or both were town, and Cakez was scum who didn't give a fig. Kind of a soft tell because of how hard it was to build the Titus wagon in the face of the claim.

There is pretty much assuredly at least one scum in this list, and potentially two;
Expedience, The Show Must Go On, Titus, SirCakez, Frozen Angel
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2451 (isolation #137) » Mon May 09, 2016 3:54 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2444, Titus wrote:I am not likely to heal Ranger again. Healing Ranger is a waste FMPOV. Ranger's death (if town) confirms Postie as town to me. I don't expect Ranger to heal me either as my death confirms Postie as town to him.

Don't really care - the point is to help out the people not claiming to be Doctor roles.

In post 2444, Titus wrote:The only ways to get two liars fmpov is Ranger + RC or RC + Exp, or Exp + Ranger (bus driver spent N1).

How does a Ranger scum work in your universe without TSMGO scum considering no kill last night?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2455 (isolation #138) » Mon May 09, 2016 4:01 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2452, Titus wrote:
In post 2451, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2444, Titus wrote:I am not likely to heal Ranger again. Healing Ranger is a waste FMPOV. Ranger's death (if town) confirms Postie as town to me. I don't expect Ranger to heal me either as my death confirms Postie as town to him.

Don't really care - the point is to help out the people not claiming to be Doctor roles.

In post 2444, Titus wrote:The only ways to get two liars fmpov is Ranger + RC or RC + Exp, or Exp + Ranger (bus driver spent N1).

How does a Ranger scum work in your universe without TSMGO scum considering no kill last night?

RC was the death target but in jail.

Yeah, but wouldn't that make TSMGO the shooter?
He was the Night 2 jail.

So if Ranger is scum, and no kill happened, and you targeted Ranger Night 2, and TSMGO was JKept by Postie, for Ranger to be scum either his team no killed or TSMGO is his partner, right?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2456 (isolation #139) » Mon May 09, 2016 4:01 am

Post by Thor665 »

I guess Titus could also argue for an SK - but, though I mildly like an SK narrative as it makes it easier to lynch Titus, I don't think it makes sense without a lot of the protective roles still being town.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2461 (isolation #140) » Mon May 09, 2016 4:04 am

Post by Thor665 »

TSMGO = RC, okay.
Titus isn't going insane.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2473 (isolation #141) » Mon May 09, 2016 4:10 am

Post by Thor665 »

Titus (3) - davesaz, Ranger, Thor665

@Titus - with the above vote count, and with the awareness that Expe and Cakez were the only other people voting that wagon - why are you okay with the Anarchy lynch?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2475 (isolation #142) » Mon May 09, 2016 4:11 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2471, RadiantCowbells wrote:And yeah, Thor's voting AS: but he tried to get FA going and jumped on the AS wagon when it looked rather likely to go through.

I did what in the where now?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2482 (isolation #143) » Mon May 09, 2016 4:14 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2467, Frozen Angel wrote:In my imaginary word that Ranger can be scum there is a bus driver who changed the result of RC! and FA a VT claimer shot RC !

This is a valid point, it rules out his Exp/Ranger team.

Meaning the top PR scumspect for Titus, by definition, should only be TSMGO=RC, because if any PRs are lying, it has to include RC (or Titus)

@RC - can you toss out the only false PRs you see, you seemed to indicate Titus had to be scum, I'd like you to dwell on that for a spell.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2485 (isolation #144) » Mon May 09, 2016 4:16 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2477, Titus wrote:
In post 2473, Thor665 wrote:Titus (3) - davesaz, Ranger, Thor665

@Titus - with the above vote count, and with the awareness that Expe and Cakez were the only other people voting that wagon - why are you okay with the Anarchy lynch?

Context for this VC is needed.

Its called "All of Day 2"
Those were the players that voted you.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2487 (isolation #145) » Mon May 09, 2016 4:17 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2484, Anarchy Shard wrote:Where is Titus advertising Ranger scum? Is it because she doesn't want to heal?

Go read Titus' posts - the basic logic is she thinks her protects should be based on what she knows as opposed to what town can confirm.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2489 (isolation #146) » Mon May 09, 2016 4:18 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2483, Titus wrote:Booo. I think it's Cakey Thor you. Ranger scum is just still theoretically possible. Booooo.

Which of those do you see as potential scum with TSMGO = RC?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2490 (isolation #147) » Mon May 09, 2016 4:18 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2488, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 2484, Anarchy Shard wrote:Where is Titus advertising Ranger scum? Is it because she doesn't want to heal?

Nope she started to prove ranger might be scum

I don't think that's particularly true.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2521 (isolation #148) » Mon May 09, 2016 4:41 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2491, RadiantCowbells wrote:Oh, you're not voting AS? I thought you were.

I am not, and never have been.

In post 2491, RadiantCowbells wrote:If there's scum in the PRs, yes. Titus has to be scum.
Almost guaranteed to be scum with Postie as well.

There are assuredly some other potential matchups methinks.
Though I guess that would make my Day 2 feel pretty good, if true.

In post 2492, Titus wrote:I am not getting this at all. If you think I am ok with an Anarchy lynch, you're insane. (I misread your question.) AS wants to lynch Cakey, was obvtown D1. I have been fighting not to lynch AS. So why do you think I am ok with it?

Because of the Anarchy push that you handwaved as sleep deprived Titus and then attacked me over pointing out.
If your AS town push has been hyper strong - it's odd that it got distracted by being sleepy once.

In post 2495, Frozen Angel wrote:She is just trying to escape from healing Ranger to kill her without being confirmed scum.

Maybe - but that's different then really selling Ranger scum.
I also don't see the advantage for scum Titus to do so.

In post 2503, Titus wrote:
In post 2502, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 2501, Titus wrote:
In post 2499, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 2498, Anarchy Shard wrote:Besides, aren't you scumreading Titus? What do you care who she heals if you don't really think she's a Doc?

she is trying to get away with murder saying she wasn't healing the obvtown.

Nope. Keep flailing. Healing Ranger is the stupidest heal for me to make.

why? explain this please. I'm anxious to hear

Ranger dying = Postie conftown.

Only explained it like 10 times.

Wouldn't you like to obligate scum to burn a strongman in order to kill a Doc and confirm a town player for you?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2528 (isolation #149) » Mon May 09, 2016 4:49 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2523, Titus wrote:Can you stop spamming FA (likely futile request)? AS needs to give last reads and I wanna talk to RC and Thor.

@Thor, I am allowed a moment of weakness when sleepy. I wanted to work with RC but I just didn't see a way for AS to be scum.

Scum have more then a Strongman. Plus, Postie can heal me or Ranger.

Postie jailing a Doc is dumb. That's one less protective effect in play.
If scum have a Busdriver, then your target action of choice is even better spent on Ranger, and I am fine with other potential burns of their powers to battle a protection on a near confirmed town, who, even in your value call, is near confirmed. You can't confirm gak with your power - protect near confirmeds - fething simple. That's what Docs do.
If you are allowed a moment of weakness, I am allowed to question it.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2531 (isolation #150) » Mon May 09, 2016 4:50 am

Post by Thor665 »

If Postie claims that we will discuss it, I suppose.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2554 (isolation #151) » Mon May 09, 2016 5:19 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2535, Titus wrote:@Thor, Postie's jailkeep is best used as a heal. I think.

I agree - but not at the cost of another heal or an investigate.

In post 2535, Titus wrote:Do you think RC is town?

Feels more town than you, I was going on at length yesterday about how objectionable I found your play, nothing that has happened today changed that much except for a need to tag in the VTs more than the PRs.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2558 (isolation #152) » Mon May 09, 2016 5:38 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2556, Titus wrote:Thor, I am Virtue (alt was busted elsewhere). You have grave issues with my personality than my play.

Maybe, or maybe the way you play just inherently looks scummy to me.

In post 2556, Titus wrote:If scum don't know who Postie is targeting, or Postie targets a doc claimer and we both heal postie that's win win.

No it isn't, the strongman isn't a one layer effect - he's infinite per wording.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2568 (isolation #153) » Mon May 09, 2016 6:25 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2560, Titus wrote:Yeah,we're saying the same thing on my play different words.

So, your point there?

That I think playstyle and personality are different things.
Beyond that; I'm not sure, you're the one who brought it up.
In that game I read you correctly at the important points, and am not advocating your lynch today in this game.
So, what are you looking for here? Me to fall on my knees and plead wrongness? Nah - you're inventing a derptard three scum buss push reverse yesterday, and today you were proven wrong and just flipped out one name, and both days your pushes seemed awkward considering your stated beliefs.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2626 (isolation #154) » Thu May 12, 2016 1:04 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Titus - were you on Postie?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2627 (isolation #155) » Thu May 12, 2016 1:07 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2575, RadiantCowbells wrote:I got a vanilla on Thor.

Still thinking.
Why in the universe would you target a claimed VT over a claimed PR?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2633 (isolation #156) » Thu May 12, 2016 1:30 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2607, RadiantCowbells wrote:I checked Thor because I felt like his being off the Anarchy wagon was really deliberate and I figured if there's 3 scum in the VTs at least one of them needs to be bandying for towncred.
How did it feel deliberate to you? It was kind of a rushed wagon.
In post 2606, RadiantCowbells wrote:If I got a doctor check it would confirm the target as scum, likely PR, and that all the PRs are town.
If I got a Joat/BD check it gets us scum.

Getting a vanilla result on Thor is Smurfy but that doesn't make the play wrong.

I'm reasonably comfortable with you being town here anyway.
So, basically, you could have confirmed something - or confirmed nothing, and you opted for the latter.
I have a very long history of claiming PRs when a scum PR and VT when a scum Goon with no cross contamination of those plays, so I waseven literlly the worst choice of the VTs to pick.
In post 2617, Postie wrote:I townread all three of the lynches we've had so far and voted for two of them. I'm doing something wrong somewhere. :/
Hint - it's voting people you say you townread. That's called scum play, not town play.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2635 (isolation #157) » Thu May 12, 2016 1:32 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2628, SirCakez wrote:Yeah Titus is scum. Town Titus wouldn't be deathtunneling like this in MyLo.
Why do you say that?
In post 2631, Postie wrote:I'm not sure I believe scum!RC would fake a rolecop result on Thor before I got in here when there was a good chance Thor could have been my jailkeep target, being my top scumread and all.
I would agree with this, RC/Titus would make less sense than an RC/Postie in that case, and that combo can't exist without a third scum PR.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2636 (isolation #158) » Thu May 12, 2016 1:32 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2634, SirCakez wrote:RC/Titus/Postie?
A RC scum flip would basically confirm both of the latter two as scum because bus bus bus
Where's the SK then?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2639 (isolation #159) » Thu May 12, 2016 1:36 am

Post by Thor665 »

Let's discuss no lynching and PR plays.

Titus can protect RC, since they're so buddy, and Ranger can protect Postie.
Postie and RC can target whomever.
RC claims first day after.

Obligates scum to off a PR, which narrows our potential PR liars, or to off a VT, which narrows our VT pool.
Seems like a win all around.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2640 (isolation #160) » Thu May 12, 2016 1:37 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2637, Postie wrote:
In post 2633, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2617, Postie wrote:I townread all three of the lynches we've had so far and voted for two of them. I'm doing something wrong somewhere. :/
Hint - it's voting people you say you townread. That's called scum play, not town play.
I like how you kept saying you were townreading me but now suddenly my play is scummy.
No, what I'm doing is explaining what you're doing wrong.
I've called you a town read for a while.
Please feel free to point out any stage where I suggested your play was good or non-scummy.
I have repeatedly noted how bad I thought your play was so...y'know, learn to read.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2641 (isolation #161) » Thu May 12, 2016 1:37 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2638, SirCakez wrote:Because Town!Titus wouldn't deathtunnel in MyLo Thor?
Awesome!
And...why do you believe that?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2642 (isolation #162) » Thu May 12, 2016 1:39 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2234, Thor665 wrote:I've had Postie as derpy town for some time now.
Hint - this is not an endorsement of your play.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2649 (isolation #163) » Thu May 12, 2016 2:13 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2645, Postie wrote:
In post 2640, Thor665 wrote:No, what I'm doing is explaining what you're doing wrong.
The fact that I shouldn't have voted my townreads was what I was saying in that post, and pretty clearly too. Please don't make ambiguous comments that could be interpreted as a scumread and then tell me their only purpose was to express condescension.
Please don't describe your strategy at any point in the future as voting your town reads.
There is literally NEVER a time where that is the correct play.
Yes - I was expressing condescension - your comment was along the same lines as people who join games and then lurk and proddodge the entire time while being town. You apparently are actively playing against your wincon (unless you're scum - in which case, good work).
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2654 (isolation #164) » Thu May 12, 2016 3:04 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2650, Postie wrote:
In post 2649, Thor665 wrote: Please don't describe your strategy at any point in the future as voting your town reads.
There is literally NEVER a time where that is the correct play.
Yes - I was expressing condescension - your comment was along the same lines as people who join games and then lurk and proddodge the entire time while being town. You apparently are actively playing against your wincon (unless you're scum - in which case, good work).
My vote on davesaz was a compromise because I wasn't going to vote Titus and the day would have ended in a No Lynch otherwise; the vote on Anarchy was because I trusted RC's read on the slot and you/Cakez didn't seem to be happening. Please don't misrepresent that as a "strategy", and please don't be purposefully condescending in future when I already know I messed up; that doesn't accomplish anything except making me want to vote you out of frustration. How counter-intuitive your attitude has been towards me this game is the only reason I'm pushing for a SirCakez lynch today instead of yours.
I apologize for being bothered by your play longer than you have been.
In post 2652, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'd rather not NL since we potentially have several save opportunities to get us another mislynch for basically autowin.
That seems a fairly random gamble though, also a no kill tonight is hardly an autowin.
In post 2653, Frozen Angel wrote:I prefer no lynch over lynching basically everyone in the playerlist beside Titus
Do you have any thoughts on optimal night actions.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2656 (isolation #165) » Thu May 12, 2016 4:11 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2655, Titus wrote:The most logical viewpoints to me are Cakey/FA/Thor (with Thor being my least confident read) and Cakey/RC/Ranger. If we suppose setup 1, Thortown means 3dice was game throwing scum.
To your first one, I have been rolecopped and FA has been jailed - that objectively suggests both of us are less likely scum (especially since, I have only a 7.69% chance to be scum or 33% even if you are absolutely assured of me having a scum role - neither are particularly impressive numbers at this stage of the game). Also, I think subjectively my play with FA makes no sense as to my scum meta for the past year or two (whenever I decided to stop bussing altogether).

Is there any logic to an RC/Ranger/Cake scumteam outside of your need to be town in your theory?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2657 (isolation #166) » Thu May 12, 2016 4:13 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2655, Titus wrote:I am not being restrained again. Any "plan" creates the benefits you mention.
Yeah, but some of you PRs being dead and/or giving results are way more useful to those of us who aren't claimed PRs.
So stop being blind about that.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2665 (isolation #167) » Thu May 12, 2016 6:23 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2658, Titus wrote:You know how I feel about meta.
That you are one of those people who feel a need to distance from it to such a degree as to hinder your play as much/more than the people who act married to it. Yes.

Doesn't stop my point from being factually provable - which would then require your case for Thor scum to be "and he decided to change his meta this game, despite all his listed reasons for why he no longer buses being identical to when he first started playing that way...but I'mma town, so it's helpful for Thor to be scum!"
In post 2658, Titus wrote:If I townread RC (and it's hard not to based on play), then I have to suppose 1 scum in Ranger with a crosskilling/unlucky as Smurf SK or all PRs are town.
I agree - for you and RC to both be town requires a bit of mental gymnastics.
In post 2658, Titus wrote:For an RC, Ranger, SirCakez team, here's how that works. Ranger implies a guilty, but doesn't outright state it. Scum notice Postie's jailkeeper crumb and have Ranger claim Doctor. RC supports Ranger's claim. Then, town does most of the work in mislynching me while RC keeps her hands clean. Given that jailkeeper doctor doctor is a possibility, Ranger isn't turbolynched after I flip town. RC picks you to rolecop as a matter of politicing not solving the game. RC suggested that Expedience check the VTs when Expedience checking RC is the better play to confirm a lot of what they are saying and get a clear result on me. The day ended though before we could solve this. RC is very much about perception management as scum from NY 192 and the one open as his alt. He'd lynch people to avoid the townblocks where they are forming. RC has never absolutely ever justified why not Cakey.
How does that work with a town Postie considering his claimed actions?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2672 (isolation #168) » Thu May 12, 2016 6:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

ConManMick
(7) -
davesaz
Heartless, Expedience
, The Show Must Go On, Titus, SirCakez, Frozen Angel
Expedience
(2) -
Anarchy Shard
, 3dicerolling
SirCakez (3) – Thor665, Postie,
ConManMick

3dicerolling (1) - Ranger

Not Voting:

Titus (3) -
davesaz
, Ranger, Thor665
davesaz
(6) - 3dicerolling, The Show Must Go On, Titus, Postie, SirCakez,
Anarchy Shard

Thor665 (1) -
Expedience

Not Voting: Frozen Angel

I no longer believe all the PRs.

Looks like a Titus or RC value call to me.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2673 (isolation #169) » Thu May 12, 2016 6:52 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2667, Titus wrote:@Thor, I was saying the opposite. RC (without any setup knowledge) is a dead null. It's not hard to see RC as either alignment.
How do you see him as scum other than setup spec?
In post 2667, Titus wrote:I don't even get what you're saying in the first quote.
I'm typing in English - what part confuses you?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2675 (isolation #170) » Thu May 12, 2016 6:54 am

Post by Thor665 »

Actually, I don't need convincing.

Vote: Radiant Cowbells

Rolecopping a VT is basically a "this investigation helps nothing unless a scum PR claimed VT" play.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2685 (isolation #171) » Thu May 12, 2016 7:09 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2676, Titus wrote:@Thor, All of it. Rephrase please. I want to be able to answer.
Ooooooooooookay.
This is going to sound insulting, but when I hear "all of it" I have no other way to translate for you.
In post 2665, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2658, Titus wrote:[1]You know how I feel about meta.
[2]That you are one of those people who feel a need to distance from it to such a degree as to hinder your play as much/more than the people who act married to it. Yes.

[3]Doesn't stop my point from being factually provable - [4]which would then require your case for Thor scum to be "and he decided to change his meta this game, despite all his listed reasons for why he no longer buses being identical to when he first started playing that way...but I'mma town, so it's helpful for Thor to be scum!"
1. You are dismissing meta.
2. I am pointing out that ignoring HOW PEOPLE PLAY THE GAME is basically stupid. I mean, like, if I voted Fate off of not making a case, or voted MoI off of making walls I would be a fething idiot, because they both do that regardless of alignment. That is information I can go and get off them by looking at past games. So, meta, when it can be independantly verified, and confirmed as true is REALLY USEFUL. Now, if one can debate it, it becomes less useful, and I also, as I said there, not saying meta is the be all and end all, anyone who ignores it is stupid, and anyone who is married so hard to it they start saying idiot things like "I always read 'Player X' correctly" are also equally stupid. But the simple question of "does Thor bus, and if so how?" is something you can check on. Your case requires me to bus in a dumb and soft way - something I have not done for literally a few years.

So why the hell am I having to explain to you why your case is dumb, and why the hell are you not even willing to fact check me when I say this to you, and instead give me the lazy/stupid answer of "blurg, META, I ignorez it!" Well - whoop-dee-doo, congrats for playing badly, I suppose?

3. A point is factually provable - research it or at least accept my word if you're too lazy to do some minor research.

4. This is me making fun of your bad case, and also pointing out how a scum you benefits from playing in this bad way in order to press a case that is functional for you, but a case that would also require you to stop scumhunting to believe, making you either scum or a bad player, take your pick.

Do you understand my commentary now?
In post 2676, Titus wrote:Out of curiosity, Cakey/FA/3dice doesn't work for you? Why?
Because it requires a mix of bad play and bad voting habits to be true, and 3dice gang jumping Dave over a Doc, and FA and Cake both helping him while both still listing you as a top scum read seems dumb also to basically sheep your case on Dave.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2686 (isolation #172) » Thu May 12, 2016 7:10 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2681, RadiantCowbells wrote:Assuming you're town, I had a 2/4 shot of getting a guilty in the VTs.
Acting like that check doesn't make sense is complete fucking nonsense considering I have already said that I've come around to Titus and Postie being town.

VOTE: Thor

Town thor isn't this dumb. end conversation.
Explain it to me then, because I'm still too dumb to get it. Even presuming I am assured town, how does that get you 2/4 success ratio in the VTs?
Because that would actually require every single PR to be town for it to be true.
Did you believe that last night?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2687 (isolation #173) » Thu May 12, 2016 7:11 am

Post by Thor665 »

And even if you did, why would I be dumb not to understand that - since I am openly on record as...y'know, not really believing that.
And even if I did believe it then it would be a gut read, and sorta dumb either way.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2691 (isolation #174) » Thu May 12, 2016 7:14 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2682, Frozen Angel wrote:Not sure how to look at this. You had troubles with titus / postie all over past days and they never resolved ever.

how your convinced its RC - Ranger or Rc -postie instead of the other options?

and how you suddenly started townreading all VT's to go after tpr's? Not sure I understand the point of your vca
You're saying "not understand" a lot, while assessing to me reads I never satted, so let's just run down the line.

1. I did have troubles with Titus and Postie, but (as Postie kind of misremembered also) I was *long* on record for Postie town. I think I argued with you multiple times about it yesterday, so...you not recalling that is adding to your confusion. As to the Titus thing, yeah, he sucks, but I have the new RC info to look at now too - RC's investigation looked town to you?

2. Mostly by the lack of sense in investigating me. Yesterday RC seemed to understand the real question was amongst the PRs. Last night he decided to investigate me for...reasons that I don't think make sense. Do you think they make sense? He's also now voting me, in mylo, when his investigations suggest I'm the second least likely scum in the entire game all while calling me stupid. Think about that for a moment and get back to me.

3. I never started townreading all VTs and said nothing of the sort - can you quote where you think I did?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2692 (isolation #175) » Thu May 12, 2016 7:17 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2688, RadiantCowbells wrote:
Because it requires a mix of bad play and bad voting habits to be true, and 3dice gang jumping Dave over a Doc, and FA and Cake both helping him while both still listing you as a top scum read seems dumb also to basically sheep your case on Dave.
With a confirmed 5 PRs on town I think it's pretty clear that scum would have thought that Titus would get lynched during the massclaim when she was as heavily scumread as she was.
I wouldn't have had to point that out to you if you were town.
I agree that scum would have wanted to push for a Titus lynch...I think that belief backs up what I'm saying.
What are you saying?
Explain it to me then, because I'm still too dumb to get it. Even presuming I am assured town, how does that get you 2/4 success ratio in the VTs?
Because that would actually require every single PR to be town for it to be true.
Do I need to copy paste every single time that I've said that I believed that last night?
Yes, you do.
Preferably from any period *prior* to last night phase.
I'll wait.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2695 (isolation #176) » Thu May 12, 2016 7:20 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2690, Titus wrote:1) Yes. I tend to do that unless I feel I know someone people rather well, yes I do. I don't think we've rolled scum together in years, if at all. I have a dickens of a time reading you (unless I'm in a lylo situation and it's super obvious). Your head is an enigma to me (which is why I enjoy playing with you a lot).

2) Ok, how does my case require you to be dumb as bricks?
1. None of that matters - I have games in existence.
I have Newbie games.
I have scum QTs.
Feel free to find me ever suggesting bussing as a strategy I think is good at any point within the last 2 years (and I'm saying that, it might be longer - this is not a new thought from me).

2. I never claimed it did, so what are you asking me to defend here?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2696 (isolation #177) » Thu May 12, 2016 7:20 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2694, Frozen Angel wrote:RC investigation is weird.

But that proved he is scum to you?
Define "proved" but, yes, in a general sense.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2699 (isolation #178) » Thu May 12, 2016 7:23 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Titus - Oh, I see, the dumb bus.

That would be the Aero one.
That was a dumb bus.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2701 (isolation #179) » Thu May 12, 2016 7:24 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2697, Frozen Angel wrote:Your voting him in mylo.

How much closer can you be to be sure about something ?
If I was an investigative role or had confirmable evidence.
We have neither of those things - this is a value call based off play and supposition. To call it "proved" to me would be a lie, it is not, it is my opinion he is scum, no more, no less.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2704 (isolation #180) » Thu May 12, 2016 7:26 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2700, RadiantCowbells wrote:Like, even if I wasn't townreading Titus/Postie?

I certainly wouldn't have fucking targeted Titus. That's Smurf play.
Oh yeah, why?
That would have confirmed to you that three scum were in four slots.
By investigating me you're left with only your opinion that 3 scum are in 4 slots, and also, though you have reason to suspect I'm town presuming 3 of the VTs are scum, you still don't know that for sure. Making the stab functionally meaningless unless you hit the 50% accuracy off of a supposition as opposed to confirming the supposition as factual.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2706 (isolation #181) » Thu May 12, 2016 7:27 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2702, Frozen Angel wrote:Your opinion had a certain kind of certainty that made you vote the slot

which is the basic thing makes me feel bad about your vote.
I don't even know how to respond to this - draw your own conclusions.
In post 2703, Titus wrote:@Thor+RC, Cakey reads please
If RC is scum, I would bounce him much higher into likely scum than 3dice.
That's all I've got for you.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2707 (isolation #182) » Thu May 12, 2016 7:28 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2692, Thor665 wrote:
Do I need to copy paste every single time that I've said that I believed that last night?
Yes, you do.
Preferably from any period *prior* to last night phase.
I'll wait.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2710 (isolation #183) » Thu May 12, 2016 7:33 am

Post by Thor665 »

I actually kind of love the moment when a vote springs the thread to frantic life.
I have to admit, I'm looking at RC's knee jerk and am still loving my vote.

By RC's current claimed beliefs, she thinks 3 scum are in 3dice/Cake/FA/Thor
She knows for a fact that I am either VT or Goon, and knows nothing about the others other than FA being jailed on a night a kill happened.
That makes me one of the least likely VTs to be scum.
She voted me after I voted her.
Do I smell someone worried about the PoE of lack of being hammered?
Because that's what I'm feeling right now.

@RC - I note none of those are from prior to today.
You also were calling me town, and saying you were clearing Postie based off your Titus read only.
If that's your evidence - rock on.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2711 (isolation #184) » Thu May 12, 2016 7:34 am

Post by Thor665 »

FA was tracked, not jailed. But same basic info available.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2719 (isolation #185) » Thu May 12, 2016 8:01 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2712, Frozen Angel wrote:who was in jail last night ?
Cakez
In post 2715, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm fascinated, really.

What are those 'bad voting patterns' and things that make you interpret 3dice/FA/Cakez as not a possibility? I'll wait.
The float off Titus requiring all three scum on Dave would be my primary example - that looked normal to you if they're all scum?
In post 2717, Titus wrote:Make this short guys. I'm like super caring about vote patterns and there's not a group scum flip so :/
Yeah, because it's impossible to pump in your theory scumspects and ask if it makes sense.
:?
In post 2718, RadiantCowbells wrote:It wasn't a terrible move, no.
but why would I as scum argue against it when I was planning to kill him anyway?
The easy answer to that would be - you would have preferred killing someone other than Expedience.
Or, maybe you play scum like I do, and wouldn't push something you couldn't at least generally believe in.
Or, maybe we could note that you didn't even argue against it that much (if at all - I just recall you suggesting he target a VT) so I don't even see the point here.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2720 (isolation #186) » Thu May 12, 2016 8:03 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2714, RadiantCowbells wrote:Holy Smurf the pretend idiocy is real.

If I were scum I'm claiming that you are scum anyway: so my not being hammered just forces a 1v1 between me and you
Except it doesn't because it's MyLo not LyLo and therefore your entire post is entirely meaningless.

Thor's not an idiot as much as he's pretending to be. he's just scum.
Thor: RC's play is so bad, I read it as scum.

RC: Thor's play in reading me as scum is so bad he must be scum, damn Thor, how can you be this bad?

Sounds like you should understand the concept of my case on you, yeah?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2723 (isolation #187) » Thu May 12, 2016 8:46 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2722, Ranger wrote:Regardless, RC's confirmed town from this.
*cough*
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2737 (isolation #188) » Fri May 13, 2016 1:49 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2728, RadiantCowbells wrote:I note that Thor has claimed 'Associatives say otherwise!' as an excuse to not vote any of the VT claims,
I note that what I actually claimed was that FA/Cakez/3dice doesn't make sense to me due to associatives.
I even. at your request, stated what associative I had issue with there.
You are now back to generic attacks on the comment while misrepresenting what I actually said.
In post 2733, Frozen Angel wrote:I mean Thor sudden push for RC instead of no lynch after he realized people want to lynch instead of no lynch seems a bit opportunistic.
You literally described the proper reaction from me regardless of alignment - then called it opportunistic.
If I thought the best move was no lynch, and it became clear to me that no one agreed (and actually I don't think that's provable) then, yes, my options are to dig in my heels an dbe useless, or to push my top scumread.

What's the "opportunism" there, exactly?

You keep saying things that don't make sense (as a note, your 'confused' post and my answers to you - you're making stuff up, why are you doing that repeatedly?)
In post 2735, Titus wrote:I don't feel comfortable picking between the two of RC/Thor. I should because it's just going to make optimal scum play a duh, but I want Cakey. I feel much better about that. Everyone else has given me town before at some point.
I would note that Cakez has been soft buddying me, while not actually voting RC and is instead pushing you.
If you think he is scum, I would think that would make your conclusion of his lynch preference easy to spot.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2743 (isolation #189) » Fri May 13, 2016 3:33 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2738, Frozen Angel wrote:Yeah opportunistic as it seems you wanted to advertise no lynch just to apear town not getting more intel and you wanted a lynch so bad that when you saw someone else wants lynching so hard it you jumped all over the idea and tried to change its direction.

what about it is the proper reaction? If you truly believed a no lynch will grant us more data why instead of fighting for it you surrendered to Titus as soon as she declared she won't back of?
Well, it actually comes down to the point of no lynching.
At the time I wanted to no lynch I didn't have a solid enough universal town read - so scum could have killed literally anyone and I would have been fine with it as it would have eliminated a scumspect.
Then Titus brought up the chance of an RC jail stopping the scum trigger puller, and, in looking at that, combined with Postie's crumbs and RC's night action of derp, it painted RC as highly likely scum in my mind.
At that stage I was fine with a lynch.

Your concept of me being opportunistic requires that 1. I believe no lynching is super pro town (and any check of me describing no lynch will prove this is not the case)
2. I believe that another round of night actions gives us a lot of good info (I don't, and it doesn't outside of the kill)
3. That I'm not comfortable being stubborn (which...I don't feel I need to defend against)

So, no, I don't see the opportunism. I suspect that if scumThor thought a lynch was a good play, he would have just advanced the lynch idea straight up.
I've never been a shy or subtle scum - it's a well known part of my meta that everyone in the deadQT always bemoans how obvious I am at being scum, so the changing gears opportunism is silly because why bother?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2758 (isolation #190) » Fri May 13, 2016 4:31 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2748, RadiantCowbells wrote:3) Claimed an inno on Thor, who I then planned to push on anyway?
You obviously didn't plan the push on me.
It showed up only after I voted you.
In post 2752, Frozen Angel wrote:Not sure I'm buying your self meta and "I don't see opportunism in my play".

I need a reread at this point. again.
1. Then research my meta - I have never lied about it once because even as scum i wouldn't say something that could be proved a lie. But go ahead, check me out, what do you get?

2. If you don't buy not seeing the opportunism then it's on you to suggest how I advanced no lynching, but then reversed to lynching as a play that helped me as scum. Advancing no lynch as scum at this point was meh, so why bother? Advancing a lynch was expected, so why duck around it? And before you come back with the derp, I'm not suggesting it's a town tell - I'm just suggesting it's not a scum tell, which is something you're claiming while not explaining how it's helping me as scum. Stop derping.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2759 (isolation #191) » Fri May 13, 2016 4:32 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2720, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2714, RadiantCowbells wrote:Holy Smurf the pretend idiocy is real.

If I were scum I'm claiming that you are scum anyway: so my not being hammered just forces a 1v1 between me and you
Except it doesn't because it's MyLo not LyLo and therefore your entire post is entirely meaningless.

Thor's not an idiot as much as he's pretending to be. he's just scum.
Thor: RC's play is so bad, I read it as scum.

RC: Thor's play in reading me as scum is so bad he must be scum, damn Thor, how can you be this bad?

Sounds like you should understand the concept of my case on you, yeah?
I would still also like to note that RC ducked this comment.
Which I think is kind of a big deal.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2770 (isolation #192) » Fri May 13, 2016 5:52 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2761, RadiantCowbells wrote:I await either

1) An explanation of why I should have instead checked someone who I expect to get a town result and not narrow down the 1/4 town in the VTs.
or
2) An explanation of why Scum!RC would have seen strategic gain in claiming a Vanilla result on the person he wanted to push on.
1. Because there's a difference between scumreading someone and knowing they're town - and also it allows other players to have your role backing for the read as opposed to your read alone, locking you in a position.

2. I don't think you expected me to do anything but push on Titus and/or accept the idea of lynching in the VTs, both of which, with you being scum, would work out fine for you. I think you came into today wanting to lynch a VT, and figured that due to my stance yesterday I'd be a supporter. I don't think you considered me an easy mislynch.
In post 2765, Frozen Angel wrote:Thor link me to your last recent finished scum game and last recent finished town game

I do like to read people old games before sleeping
Click on my username, go to my topics - I basically post in nothing except games I'm in.
Then read whatever you want.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2773 (isolation #193) » Fri May 13, 2016 6:16 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2771, RadiantCowbells wrote:Except that assuming I'm going to live, which if Postie/Titus are scum is confirmed true based on their methods of killing me all having been exhausted:
How do you figure that? I can see the argument for the Roleblock being gone, that still leaves them the Bus and the Strongman even if they figure Ranger is on you, so...?
In post 2771, RadiantCowbells wrote:So are yous aying that y
Obviously I'm saying that ;)

In post 2771, RadiantCowbells wrote:If I don't consider you an easy mislynch, why is Scum!RC pushing on you right now?
I mean, if I'm scum: there's 3 viable VT mislynches. Why would I push on the one I claimed a result that makes you a suboptimal lynch and thus my push scummy?

Are we doing the pretend RC is an idiot as scum thing again? because that's old.
That would be a good question for townRC also though - so I think we can agree you're making a bad play, but I don't see why the bad play equates to you being town as opposed to you being scum in your own mind.

From my perspective, I think you freaked out a little when I sussed you, and now you're kind of trapped into doubling down on the move because you can't back off now without looking worse since you've defended the move all while not explaining away how all your evidence makes me a less likely scumspect. I also, to a lesser degree, kind of buy Cakez as your Goon in the VTs, and I don't think you're fond of that lynch at this stage either, and with Titus', FA's, and my own stated opinions on Cakez, I don't see any other VT lynch leaping into your hands, I think that's why you were trying to sell Titus on the 3dice lynch and the Cakez check (which, really was a "C'mon Titus, please ignore your reads, lynch the lurker slot and let me check the slot you think is Mafia when, from my perspective the reverse should be totally fine to do also, and make you happier")

I think your goal was to use your PR to suggest easing off Cakez, to push on 3dice figuring he was the easy lurk lynch, and to buy my happiness with the investigate figuring I'd stay the course in the VTs. You then hemmed and hawed for a while when, with a town read on FA and a townish/investigate read on me, you should have been quite happy to lynch either of the other two since your Postie/Ranger/Titus reads are too strong to need investigating.

Instead you sat there.
Until I voted you.
Then all your past words disappeared, and suddenly I needed rope asap.

That's why I think you're doing it, you were spooked and caught off guard and are now trapped in the play.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2774 (isolation #194) » Fri May 13, 2016 6:18 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2772, RadiantCowbells wrote:Like, Thor's saying that Scum!RC wanted to get his vote so I claimed a potential VT result on him, despite the fact that my checking him inherently shows that he was my biggest scumread and I only didn't speedvote him because of the vanilla result, but immediately after he voted me I had a total panic attack and omgus voted him.
You actively were selling me as town, and your claimed issue with me was about my intentional avoidance of the Anarchy wagon - a stance you never supported when questioned.

No, I don't think I was particularly a strong scum read of yours.
Neither did you, per your own words at Day 4 start.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2783 (isolation #195) » Fri May 13, 2016 6:46 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2775, Titus wrote:@Thor, Tell me why Ranger's town to you.
Not sure he is particularly anymore.
Wasn't aware I was hard selling that concept either.
In post 2776, RadiantCowbells wrote:My mentions of Thor from my playing solo onward in the last two days.

I started to scumread him yesterday late in the day.
I had a major scumread on him today and 2607 alone should prove that he's pulling shit out of his ass here.
I note that your scumread is actually super soft, and also included false information that I corrected you on, and which you kind of admitted was wrong but didn't change much.
Also, your listed scumreads there seem to be based on a Thor/Anarchy team which I would expect to cause a change in your reads somewhat.
But I'm the one misrepresenting you? Ha!
In post 2776, RadiantCowbells wrote:The only thing that you could even say is that me saying that I 'could see you as town' makes you my townread? but no.
If you take the post in context I think it's saying exactly that.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p7915139
But it's assuredly not saying I'm a top scumread, I know that much.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2794 (isolation #196) » Fri May 13, 2016 9:04 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2785, Titus wrote:Hell I want a whole reads list from you.
As stands. RC/Ranger/probably Cakez.
This is not exactly hard to surmise.

And in answer to your other thought, the only way Thor+RC+Titus are all town is Cakez/FA/3dice.
That's it.
In post 2787, RadiantCowbells wrote:Yes, it's saying that I rethought it because statistically you were more likely be town than not based on your result.
Uh huh - I note you've dropped your 'this is too dumb for scumRC line also.
Thanks, it was silly to have to waste time justifying.
In post 2787, RadiantCowbells wrote:Cherry picking the ONE post that could possibly be construed as a townread doesn't work when I've said several times that I'm scumreading you.
I will admit, I cherry picked your most recent read on me that had nothing to do with me being scum paired with Anarchy, yes.
Don't really think that's as buzzwordy as you're trying to make it seem, but...ya got me!
In post 2787, RadiantCowbells wrote: Doesn't mean that I didn't think you were scum independently ;)
You never really said that though, but I'll admit that maybe you did think that.
Doesn't justify the vote timing today though, does it?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2795 (isolation #197) » Fri May 13, 2016 9:05 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2794, Thor665 wrote:As stands. RC/Ranger/probably Cakez.
This is not exactly hard to surmise.
To clarify further, FA is the possible uncertain for me.
I think 3dice is town and the chosen mislynch of the day - I said that part, but don't want to waste time having you not track the logical inference of FA and then asking me for a reads list because my scum team is such a mystery.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2797 (isolation #198) » Fri May 13, 2016 9:12 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2796, Frozen Angel wrote:how is someone who nobody is pressuring on is a chosen mislynch of the day? ?!
If you don't see how lynchable 3dice is then nothing I say will show it to you in a way you understand. He just is.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2799 (isolation #199) » Fri May 13, 2016 9:19 am

Post by Thor665 »

I think that RC was actively campainging that as his top lynch choice earlier today - so, if you think he is town, that shows that, yes, town players will do so. And if you think he's scum that shows that, yes, scum players thinking they want to look town will do so. So I'm not sure what you expect me to say here - yes, I think he is lynchable, I think he is very lynchable, I think he was a lynch target yesterday, I could make a valid scum case on him based off a concept that Titus is scum, I could make a semi-valid case on him based off the concept that Titus is town.

If you disagree with me just for the sake of arguing that you're town and 3dice might be the scum in the VTs - I don't care, because I'm not trying to lynch you today.
If you are arguing this point for any other reason - get to the point, because I'm already lost as to your reason for the discussion.

Return to “Completed Open Games”