Mini 1400(!): Bubble Tape Mafia - It's Over!

MaverickMaestro
MaverickMaestro
Goon
MaverickMaestro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:58 am

Post by MaverickMaestro »

Good evening gentlemen. All your base are belong to me.
"When you play the game of Mafia, you lynch or you die. There is no middle ground."
Telo in Newbie 1280: "Also learned that you shouldn't delete your role PM. I forgot who I was in this game. When you guys asked me to claim I couldn't because I couldn't remember who I was."
MaverickMaestro
MaverickMaestro
Goon
MaverickMaestro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:33 am

In post 5, d3x wrote:Not much for RVS, MM?

VOTE: MM

How 'bout now?

Pineapples.

RVS is a cruddy mechanic, wish people would start paying more attention to me when I say that.
"When you play the game of Mafia, you lynch or you die. There is no middle ground."
Telo in Newbie 1280: "Also learned that you shouldn't delete your role PM. I forgot who I was in this game. When you guys asked me to claim I couldn't because I couldn't remember who I was."
MaverickMaestro
MaverickMaestro
Goon
MaverickMaestro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #2) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:53 am

In post 9, Dave168 wrote:I note that when I picked up my PM saying game had started, there were 4 players remaining unconfirmed (including myself). This is my 3rd online game, and I am happy to take the stance that mafia could be found chatting and remain unconfirmed slightly longer. (Quite shortly I hope to reaquaint myself with how to hyperlink to the appropriate wiki article.)

The players were (quoting from screenshot taken at time, which I don't seem to be able to upload):
3: Leonshade
6: MaverickMaestro
9: SafetyDance.
11: Dave168

SafetyDance has posted only 5 times in total on the site, so I eagerly await some actual content. I don't self-vote, so Dave is out (for me).

I have no problem believing that MaverickMaestro is scummier out of the two remaining. Better join the wagon then.

vote: MaverickMaestro

WIFOM on the point about Mafia waiting to confirm so they get longer to chat. Taking this post with a pinch of salt since it all looks to be garbage.

Actually, scratch that, it is.

In post 10, Thor665 wrote:@MaverickMaestro - I'd be more forgiving towards your attitude if you were actually doing anything to scumhunt. If we all played like you this game would already be full of fail.

@Cyber - does he *not* do that when scum?

Obvious tunnel tactic here. We're on page one day one. Stop acting like I'm a precog.

I'm not going to scumhunt with nothing to work on, hence the kick off fluff. Problem? Deal with it.

AngryPidgeon wrote:MM, are you going to flake and request replacement after lurking all Day? I'll PL that right now if so.

Hahaha, no.
MaverickMaestro
MaverickMaestro
Goon
MaverickMaestro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #3) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:18 am

In post 16, Dave168 wrote:@MM: I have to start somewhere. Its better than wasting time on "all your base belong to me". What are you doing that's scum hunting? Nothing. Vote stands.

It's the first post, nuff said. The only other "sensible" thing to do would have been to random vote. Which I did not want to do.
Cybertronix wrote:From what I see, MM has only been VT on this site.

@MM: Your fluff posting has gained you attention in the last two games I've played with you. Why continue doing it?

I don't like to make a habit of it. I certainly don't fluff post when things actual get going, the last game was a particularly good one for me, since I had a good sense of what was going on and who my suspects were. I would have lynched one scum had he not self hammered.

I will only post fluff initially as a substitute for a random vote, outside of that it's anti town.
MaverickMaestro
MaverickMaestro
Goon
MaverickMaestro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #4) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:46 am

In post 21, Thor665 wrote:@Maestro - why not just wait to post then?

I could be game to lynch kushm4sta too.

That's not my style, I'd rather be active and involved in a game as opposed to being in the background.

I believe AngryPidgeon's request for a PL was based on the Tintin game, I won't elaborate on particular details since I'm unaware of whether or not it's ongoing but the game was so fast and large that I wasn't able to get involved at all. With smaller games I lurk less, simply because I'm able to process things better.

kushm4sta wrote:dont lynch kushmasta that is dumb.

I don't know what RVS is. I also don't care. My vote stands.

Horrible post.

"Don't lynch me because I'm a noob who is incapable of looking up abbreviations on the wiki."

Yeah.

VOTE: Vote Kushm4sta
MaverickMaestro
MaverickMaestro
Goon
MaverickMaestro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #5) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:49 am

VOTE: Kushm4sta

Because I'm an idiot who is unable to use tags properly.
MaverickMaestro
MaverickMaestro
Goon
MaverickMaestro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #6) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:01 am

In post 30, Thor665 wrote:
In post 26, MaverickMaestro wrote:
In post 21, Thor665 wrote:@Maestro - why not just wait to post then?

I could be game to lynch kushm4sta too.

That's not my style, I'd rather be active and involved in a game as opposed to being in the background.

My bad, that first post was totally active and involved, I just didn't realize.

*facepalm* I'd rather post fluff than random vote or nothing. Let that be the end of it.
MaverickMaestro
MaverickMaestro
Goon
MaverickMaestro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #7) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:30 am

In post 33, Thor665 wrote:@MM - Your logic is bad, and I hope you cure yourself of it sooner rather than later.
Now is the time to drop the discussion you're claiming to drop and offer the reads you have to prove you are actually scumhunting as opposed to being a lump.

My logic is pretty sound from my perspective but meh. I'm on the train atm, I'll reread and post later.
MaverickMaestro
MaverickMaestro
Goon
MaverickMaestro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #8) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:39 am

In post 52, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 29, zipperflesh wrote:I'm officially going to sheep Thor this game.

stupid

Agreed, I would call it lazy as well.
MaverickMaestro
MaverickMaestro
Goon
MaverickMaestro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #9) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:13 am

Haha, yeah this is our lynch.
MaverickMaestro
MaverickMaestro
Goon
MaverickMaestro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #10) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:51 am

In post 148, Dave168 wrote:OK, something I don't get:

Sheeping: mentioned posts 29 (by zipper), 78 (AngryPidgeon), 141 (AngryPidgeon).
Sheeping being stupid: posts 52 (Jake from State Farm), 57 (MaverickMaestro).

Either sheeping is good, or it is bad. I'd assume that anyone who says something like "do what I do because I'm doing it" should not automatically be believed. Is that not what sheeping is? As soon as someone mentions sheep, does it somehow become a positive thing?

@Zipper or AP, are JFSF, MM wrong?
@JFSF, MM: are Zipper, AP wrong?

Sheeping is a bad idea.
MaverickMaestro
MaverickMaestro
Goon
MaverickMaestro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #11) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:01 am

In post 171, kushm4sta wrote:
MM--He said he likes to be active but his recent activity is 1 liners and not many at that. Really weak, scared play so far. You will see if you ISO him.

I've been at work, I'm tired. Sue me.
MaverickMaestro
MaverickMaestro
Goon
MaverickMaestro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (isolation #12) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:39 am

Will be reading in just a few ticks, busy at the moment.
MaverickMaestro
MaverickMaestro
Goon
MaverickMaestro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (isolation #13) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:30 am

In post 225, Dave168 wrote:
FOS: AP
for asking a misleading and loaded question, which when answered will not provide clear answers to the town, and probably fill several more pages with waffle which does little to scum hunt. I'm not sure analysing this exchange further is particularly helpful to town, but
I will do so if pushed to it

I'm pushing, go for it.
MaverickMaestro
MaverickMaestro
Goon
MaverickMaestro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (isolation #14) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:36 am

Jake from State Farm wrote:*snip*
3. Why did you choose the phrase "I don't self-vote" over "I am not scum"
*snip*
Probably for the same reason as this...
Dave168 wrote:*snip*
I'm not a big shot around MS, and I guess success day 1 for town or for scum would involve playing well and not doing a stupid thing. So I made an error. So I posted twice more because I was upset of
not playing well to my win condition
, of looking like I'd given a vague answer, an answer that if I hadn't posted to clarify would probably be twisted by a scum. So it bother folks that I correct myself. I'll defend myself, because only the scum minority would benefit if I didn't.

Not playing well to my win condition is an ambiguous term. If you're playing town, tell it how it is. "I was upset of not playing well in the scum hunt."
Dave168 wrote:I'll proceed with the more substantial analysis of early day 1, and probably won't post again until its complete.

William Shatner said brevity is the soul of wit. You're better off with smaller posts. Why post a wall and then withdraw from play? That's anti town.
MaverickMaestro
MaverickMaestro
Goon
MaverickMaestro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (isolation #15) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:17 am

In post 308, Jake from State Farm wrote:nobody asked for your input. go away

Lovely.
Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 181, MaverickMaestro wrote:
In post 171, kushm4sta wrote:
MM--He said he likes to be active but his recent activity is 1 liners and not many at that. Really weak, scared play so far. You will see if you ISO him.

I've been at work, I'm tired. Sue me.

In post 226, MaverickMaestro wrote:Will be reading in just a few ticks, busy at the moment.

besides aren't you supposedly in the process of providing something useful? wouldn't that be better than answering questions not directed at you?

MM could be scum you guys

Nah, I'm town.
Kthxbye wrote:MM: in this game almost anything can be seen as anti-town. For instance, you ask him to say not playing well in the scum hunt. I've played games where people say that claiming town is scummy. Anything typed can be made to look scummy by the right person. It's judging the reactions of that person under pressure that gets the scum lynch.

That being said, p304 seems genuine enough imo. I'll leave my vote where it is till I see this grand analysis.

Fair point, certainly one that I would agree with.
MaverickMaestro
MaverickMaestro
Goon
MaverickMaestro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (isolation #16) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:57 am

AP, Kush and Dave looking like scum at the moment.
MaverickMaestro
MaverickMaestro
Goon
MaverickMaestro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (isolation #17) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:22 am

VOTE: kushm4sta

Still scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”