Mini 1400(!): Bubble Tape Mafia - It's Over!

d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:30 pm

Post by d3x »

Found it, top of 11. I missed that in my reread.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:31 pm

Post by d3x »

Ninja'd

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:42 pm

Post by d3x »

This thread needs more Leon... and Devourer's slot... and a few other peeps.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:32 pm

Post by d3x »

--QuadraPost--
In post 97, d3x wrote:@Cyber p82 *
snip
* why don't you want MM to draw attention to himself?
Hey Cyber, I just realized you never answered this. I'd like that answer now, plz.

side note- Apparently, I'm the only one awake at this God forsaken hour.

GTKAS - d3x
Dave168
Dave168
Goon
Dave168
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:52 pm

Post by Dave168 »

Interim response - I promised something more substantial by the end of Thursday (it is now 830am here).
In post 230, Thor665 wrote:
Unvote: AP
Vote: Dave

Why do you keep your reasoning to yourself? I object to AP's habit of filling pages, but... nothing?
In post 231, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 225, Dave168 wrote:misleading and loaded question

Lol? It wasn't a multiple choice test FFS. You could have said "Im town." Or. "I don't know". Or. "I don't understand the question"

But you were in a flurry to answer it and you seem to care an awful lot about how your answer is perceived. Which is scummy.

Cyber/Zipper are my top town reads.
MM/Jake/Kushmasta/SD's-replacement are moderate town reads.

VOTE: Dave
I like where this wagon is going. Dave's starts by giving a meh answer, but then immediately feels the need to clarify it. And then he accuses me of setting him up after that. And to fulfill the self-fulfilling prophecy I am now voting Dave for his response to my question.

Eh, Thor might be town. Still doubt it. But d3x/DoubleJD are both making me :?

Fine. I get it. I look for scum slips, and give what looks like a scum slip. How ironic.

I've read further down the thread and am seeing some hilarious stuff, e.g. post 248 kushm4sta, where he waited until some big shots start voting me before really pressing into me; compare this with the two previous posts after my error; post 201, post 227. Now everybody claims to know exactly what i "meant" in earlier posts. Also AP - you are waaaaay off. MM - you're still probably scum, were you afraid to vote me in post 232? Generally speaking, love seeing the reinterpretation of my motives in everything I've ever said to be scummy. Lol to drawing conclusions from first post of the day... think again, good townies out there. You now have a large body of evidence produced by my folly, and will probably find scum on the wagon, or lurking in the background sniping.

I'm not a big shot around MS, and I guess success day 1 for town or for scum would involve playing well and not doing a stupid thing. So I made an error. So I posted twice more because I was upset of not playing well to my win condition, of looking like I'd given a vague answer, an answer that if I hadn't posted to clarify would probably be twisted by a scum. So it bother folks that I correct myself. I'll defend myself, because only the scum minority would benefit if I didn't.

I'll proceed with the more substantial analysis of early day 1, and probably won't post again until its complete.
kushm4sta
kushm4sta
Goon
kushm4sta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:41 am

Post by kushm4sta »

@Dave I did not "wait for big shots." I was on my phone when I made those 1 liners. When I got home I made the bigger post.
Also what is your point? Are you saying I'm scummy for it or is it just a random insult?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:24 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

ok I have read Dave's posts but before I say anymore I have 3 questions.

1. Why did you decide to look up confirmation delays on the wiki, take me through your thought process.
2. can you link me to the page where you found it and also explain to the best of your ability how you found that page.
3. Why did you choose the phrase "I don't self-vote" over "I am not scum"

Take your time, I'll be here all day.
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
MaverickMaestro
MaverickMaestro
Goon
MaverickMaestro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:36 am

Post by MaverickMaestro »

Jake from State Farm wrote:*snip*
3. Why did you choose the phrase "I don't self-vote" over "I am not scum"
*snip*
Probably for the same reason as this...
Dave168 wrote:*snip*
I'm not a big shot around MS, and I guess success day 1 for town or for scum would involve playing well and not doing a stupid thing. So I made an error. So I posted twice more because I was upset of
not playing well to my win condition
, of looking like I'd given a vague answer, an answer that if I hadn't posted to clarify would probably be twisted by a scum. So it bother folks that I correct myself. I'll defend myself, because only the scum minority would benefit if I didn't.

Not playing well to my win condition is an ambiguous term. If you're playing town, tell it how it is. "I was upset of not playing well in the scum hunt."
Dave168 wrote:I'll proceed with the more substantial analysis of early day 1, and probably won't post again until its complete.

William Shatner said brevity is the soul of wit. You're better off with smaller posts. Why post a wall and then withdraw from play? That's anti town.
"When you play the game of Mafia, you lynch or you die. There is no middle ground."
Telo in Newbie 1280: "Also learned that you shouldn't delete your role PM. I forgot who I was in this game. When you guys asked me to claim I couldn't because I couldn't remember who I was."
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:39 am

nobody asked for your input. go away
Show
Things I've learned.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
Dave168
Dave168
Goon
Dave168
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:40 am

Post by Dave168 »

@Jake - I can answer those quickly:

This is my third game, my first two were newbies a few years ago. Since I'm a bit rusty, I decided to learn as much as I can from the wiki before the game. http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... mmon_Tells was one page I read. An article caught my eye: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... sane_Tells. Here is a tell about confirmation. Its not considered particularly reliable, but was a better basis for voting IMO than purely random. That, along with MM's first post not actually appearing to scum hunt, was my basis for voting which you can see in my first post.

Another tell (which has been alluded to in this thread) is claiming to be town. Some people call it a scum tell. Others don't. All I can do is show you a link to my second game where an exchange with Sensfan put me off claiming to be town unless I can prove I'm town to everyone. Here it is: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p1851799. In confirmation there was a list of 13 names, 9 of which has * by them (confirmed). For accuracy sake, I included myself in the list of 4 unconfirmed (without *) since that was what my screenshot showed. But of course I wouldn't vote for myself. I chose "I don't self-vote" over "I'm not scum" since the second is claiming to be town, and the first is just common sense for anyone.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:40 am

In post 181, MaverickMaestro wrote:
In post 171, kushm4sta wrote:
MM--He said he likes to be active but his recent activity is 1 liners and not many at that. Really weak, scared play so far. You will see if you ISO him.

I've been at work, I'm tired. Sue me.

In post 226, MaverickMaestro wrote:Will be reading in just a few ticks, busy at the moment.

besides aren't you supposedly in the process of providing something useful? wouldn't that be better than answering questions not directed at you?

MM could be scum you guys
Show
Things I've learned.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:47 am

Post by Kthxbye »

MM: in this game almost anything can be seen as anti-town. For instance, you ask him to say not playing well in the scum hunt. I've played games where people say that claiming town is scummy. Anything typed can be made to look scummy by the right person. It's judging the reactions of that person under pressure that gets the scum lynch.

That being said, p304 seems genuine enough imo. I'll leave my vote where it is till I see this grand analysis.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:52 am

In post 309, Dave168 wrote:@Jake - I can answer those quickly:

This is my third game, my first two were newbies a few years ago. Since I'm a bit rusty, I decided to learn as much as I can from the wiki before the game. http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... mmon_Tells was one page I read. An article caught my eye: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... sane_Tells. Here is a tell about confirmation. Its not considered particularly reliable, but was a better basis for voting IMO than purely random. That, along with MM's first post not actually appearing to scum hunt, was my basis for voting which you can see in my first post.

Another tell (which has been alluded to in this thread) is claiming to be town. Some people call it a scum tell. Others don't. All I can do is show you a link to my second game where an exchange with Sensfan put me off claiming to be town unless I can prove I'm town to everyone. Here it is: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p1851799. In confirmation there was a list of 13 names, 9 of which has * by them (confirmed). For accuracy sake, I included myself in the list of 4 unconfirmed (without *) since that was what my screenshot showed. But of course I wouldn't vote for myself. I chose "I don't self-vote" over "I'm not scum" since the second is claiming to be town, and the first is just common sense for anyone.

hmm...

why would you use un-reliable data and pass it off as reliable?

to me it looks like you are trying justify your bandwagon vote with reasons other than sheeping and I have actually seen scum do that before.

I will wait for your response before I decide on your alignment
Show
Things I've learned.
Dave168
Dave168
Goon
Dave168
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:14 am

Post by Dave168 »

@Jake: Yes, I had data, but where did I say or imply that my data was reliable? I don't recall doing so. No townie as far as I'm aware can have reliable data Day 1.

Also, if someone joins a wagon, surely its better that they have any reason (reliable or otherwise) rather than sheeping someone else? Earlier I questioned the value of sheeping, i.e. I think its probably a bad reason for doing something.

Finally - I gave two reasons for voting MM when I did so (1. late confirmation, 2. bad first post) and neither of these was because he already had a wagon on him. Most players join a wagon in any given game to get the pressure on someone and the info out. I have no problem joining wagons, but would prefer to do so for my own reasons, which at this stage are the only ones I can be certain about.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:16 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 304, Dave168 wrote:Why do you keep your reasoning to yourself? I object to AP's habit of filling pages, but... nothing?

That's the best way to bus.
MaverickMaestro
MaverickMaestro
Goon
MaverickMaestro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:17 am

Post by MaverickMaestro »

In post 308, Jake from State Farm wrote:nobody asked for your input. go away

Lovely.
Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 181, MaverickMaestro wrote:
In post 171, kushm4sta wrote:
MM--He said he likes to be active but his recent activity is 1 liners and not many at that. Really weak, scared play so far. You will see if you ISO him.

I've been at work, I'm tired. Sue me.

In post 226, MaverickMaestro wrote:Will be reading in just a few ticks, busy at the moment.

besides aren't you supposedly in the process of providing something useful? wouldn't that be better than answering questions not directed at you?

MM could be scum you guys

Nah, I'm town.
Kthxbye wrote:MM: in this game almost anything can be seen as anti-town. For instance, you ask him to say not playing well in the scum hunt. I've played games where people say that claiming town is scummy. Anything typed can be made to look scummy by the right person. It's judging the reactions of that person under pressure that gets the scum lynch.

That being said, p304 seems genuine enough imo. I'll leave my vote where it is till I see this grand analysis.

Fair point, certainly one that I would agree with.
"When you play the game of Mafia, you lynch or you die. There is no middle ground."
Telo in Newbie 1280: "Also learned that you shouldn't delete your role PM. I forgot who I was in this game. When you guys asked me to claim I couldn't because I couldn't remember who I was."
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:21 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 315, MaverickMaestro wrote:
In post 308, Jake from State Farm wrote:nobody asked for your input. go away

Lovely.

He never got enough hugs as a kid - just learn to move past it.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:23 am

god, it's almost like Dave is too scummy to be scum.
my brain hurts.

p.edit - your mom gives me plenty of hugs now though.
Show
Things I've learned.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:26 am

Post by Thor665 »

She's much friendlier than you, so I would expect that.
Cybertronix
Cybertronix
Goon
Cybertronix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:28 am

Post by Cybertronix »

In post 303, d3x wrote:--QuadraPost--
In post 97, d3x wrote:@Cyber p82 *
snip
* why don't you want MM to draw attention to himself?
Hey Cyber, I just realized you never answered this. I'd like that answer now, plz.

side note- Apparently, I'm the only one awake at this God forsaken hour.

I never said that I didn't want him to draw attention to himself. If he wants to that's fine. I asked him why he was doing it.

Jake from State Farm wrote:god, it's almost like Dave is too scummy to be scum.
my brain hurts.

p.edit - your mom gives me plenty of hugs now though.

Ouch. Let's keep it civil boys and more votes on Dave.
Dave168
Dave168
Goon
Dave168
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:33 am

Post by Dave168 »

@Jake: answer the question. Where did I say my data is reliable?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:34 am

You have never heard of jonin?

P. edit - well only an idiot would use unreliable data for a legitimate vote so...
Show
Things I've learned.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:38 am

Post by d3x »

Just now Cyber wrote:I never said that I didn't want him to draw attention to himself.

I never said that you explicitly stated you didn't want him to draw attention to himself, but you sure inferred it.
In post 82, Cybertronix wrote:I asked him the question because even if I did think he was town, his fluff posts draw attention to him.
Let me ask you again, why don't you want him to draw attention to himself? It seems to me that this is what you are saying in p82.

GTKAS - d3x
Dave168
Dave168
Goon
Dave168
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:40 am

Post by Dave168 »

In post 314, Thor665 wrote:
In post 304, Dave168 wrote:Why do you keep your reasoning to yourself? I object to AP's habit of filling pages, but... nothing?

That's the best way to bus.

(My post 304 was in response to your vote for me, which had no specific reason attached.) Thor you're as reticent as AP is verbose. But your answer in 314 is so non-specific as to be meaningless. Who is bussing? You for being quiet? AP for filling pages? me for <something, please insert reason here>?
Dave168
Dave168
Goon
Dave168
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:48 am

Post by Dave168 »

@Jake: no who is Jonin?

Given 12 other people, a random vote (assuming by a townie) has P=<number of scums>/12 chance of hitting scum, for example if we have 3 scums in total there is a 3/12=1/4 chance of hitting scum at random.

Voting on the basis of a reason, no matter how spurious, can't lower the perceived chance of hitting scum below random (e.g. 1/4), but stands the chance of raising it significantly above random (perhaps to 50:50, maybe even higher). Data on day 1 can't be completely reliable. Where exactly is your problem with using unreliable data for a vote? And I have no idea what an illegitimate vote could be, so your word "legitimate" seems spurious.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”