Mini 1450: Hillbilly Hunt Mafia (Game Over)

MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Wed May 08, 2013 6:10 pm

Post by MrObvious »

VOTE: CoolDog because all hillbillies have one.
"MrObvious clearly isn't listening" ~Zang
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Thu May 09, 2013 4:27 pm

Post by MrObvious »

If you're from Kentucky, I'm sure your redneck is fluent.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Thu May 09, 2013 4:40 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 22, Dry-fit wrote:
In post 21, Mr_Ree wrote:You could be right but wouldn't that be a common conclusion? Sound like a hillbilly so people will think "hey, he must be town because scum wouldn't deliberately out themselves".
Yeah but I still think town is more likely to actually do it.
I don't buy this. People speak in the vernacular of the region where they grew up involuntarily. Null, imo.

-------
In post 26, Jebus wrote:Clearly that means I'm a jester.
Is this some kind of ploy to gain a jester free pass?
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #3) » Thu May 09, 2013 5:38 pm

Post by MrObvious »

Is that why you're voting him?
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #4) » Thu May 09, 2013 5:52 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 23, Mr_Ree wrote: Jebus still has to answer for his self vote before my vote moves anywhere.
Did you truly believe Jebus' self vote was a serious one?
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #5) » Thu May 09, 2013 7:45 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 37, Thor665 wrote:
In post 32, MrObvious wrote:Is that why you're voting him?
Who knows why I do anything?
Answering a question with a question is avoidance. Following that up with another question is an attempt to move attention away from the original question. The answer to the original question would be nice of you to share, if you aren't powerless to do so.
In post 37, Thor665 wrote: Why aren't you voting him?
Being a funny man isn't vote worthy.

You've been scummier than Jebus, up to this point. What I've interpreted as scummy in your play could just as well be misguided bravado, so I don't think you are vote worthy yet either.

I do, however, think the rvs time has passed, so...

UNVOTE: CoolDog
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #6) » Fri May 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 61, Mr_Ree wrote: What do you make of Mr Obvious' read on Thor? Do you think the bare facts should have lead to his conclusion that Thor is the scummiest player? It was a pretty bold statement, especially this early.

@Mr. Obvious: how did you arrive at the conclusion that Thor has been the scummiest player and not vote for him?
I never said he was the scummiest, I said he was scummier than Jebus.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #7) » Sat May 11, 2013 12:35 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 67, Thor665 wrote: The original question is silly and was going nowhere fast, and you're now trying to act like you would have taken it somehwere.
Okay - let's play that game.

My answer is - no.

Dazzle me.
It wasn't silly. I was wondering if you had a reason other than the jester factor for voting Jebus.
In post 67, Thor665 wrote:
In post 40, MrObvious wrote:Being a funny man isn't vote worthy.
Why do you find his joking non-alignment conducive? You could see scum motivation behind avoidance of a question...isn't humor avoidance of another sort?
Why do you draw the distinction?
In the first few pages of any mafia game, I expect ridiculous and humorous things to happen. It has been my experience that the intent of such occurrences during the very early parts of the game is humor, not avoidance. I draw the line at considering humor alone to be a lynchable offense, especially on page 2 of a game.
In post 67, Thor665 wrote: So...why did you ever vote CoolDog if it was utterly meaningless?
It was humor.

--------
In post 66, fferyllt wrote:
In post 65, MrObvious wrote:
In post 61, Mr_Ree wrote: What do you make of Mr Obvious' read on Thor? Do you think the bare facts should have lead to his conclusion that Thor is the scummiest player? It was a pretty bold statement, especially this early.

@Mr. Obvious: how did you arrive at the conclusion that Thor has been the scummiest player and not vote for him?
I never said he was the scummiest, I said he was scummier than Jebus.
Who do you think is scummiest?
Mr_Ree.

So far, Mr Ree's post 63 has the most potential scum motive of any other post in the game. It strikes me as, "See, I did this before and I was town so I must be town in this game since I've done it again. I went out of my way to show you I've done this as town before in case no one else did."

In addition to his attempt at playing the free pass card, I'm not really fond of how he twisted my words to change the context of what I had said in regards to Thor being the scummiest.
In post 61, Mr_Ree wrote: My personal goal this game is to lynch at least 1 scum by night 2.
I don't see this as being a statement that would come from a townie.

VOTE: Mr_ree
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #8) » Sat May 11, 2013 7:53 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 90, Thor665 wrote:
In post 85, MrObvious wrote:It wasn't silly. I was wondering if you had a reason other than the jester factor for voting Jebus.
Yes.
And now that your question was answered, are you taking this...anywhere?
That is where I was going with it. I was wondering if you were voting for Jebus for the jester factor, or another factor that you never mentioned. Your vote is no longer on Jebus so the answer has become less important, but I would still be interested in hearing any reasons you may have to believe that Jebus is of redneck alignment.
In post 90, Thor665 wrote: You called me scummy for dodging.
I would tend to presume that means I had something to dodge.
Still waiting on the railroad tracks...I don't even see a light yet.
You did dodge and that in itself is scummy. You've since answered the question you dodged and your answers have seemed genuine enough to me. That makes me think your initial refusal to answer my question was indeed the bravado I mentioned earlier. Your double back through my questioning seems like something only a townie would do. I don't think scum would try to bring it into the spotlight like you have.
In post 90, Thor665 wrote: Did you find his humor to have any strategy behind it other than humor?
Did you even consider that?
I did consider that. That's why I asked him if his "I'm a jester" addition to his response in post 26 was an attempt to gain a free pass. He had said enough in his statement already. It seemed to me that he just couldn't help himself from tacking that piece onto the end of it to create some wifom. That is where his play potentially crossed the humor alone barrier in my mind.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #9) » Sun May 12, 2013 8:39 am

Post by MrObvious »

In post 91, Mr_Ree wrote: The top part of this bugs me and I don't know why. My answer to dry fit was my way of saying don't discount the fact that he could be scum based off something that could be read from two different angles. I was giving him a different way to look at it. I honestly have no idea if he is scum but I do know I haven't been too fond of his posts thus far.
My response was to Dry's comment. I don't think vernacular is something that can be used to determine alignment.
In post 91, Mr_Ree wrote: "People speak in the vernacular of the region where they grew up involuntarily" Do you really believe this?
Yes. I'm from Texas. My parents are from Oklahoma. Everyone in these regions talks in certain way.
In post 91, Mr_Ree wrote: That everyone from Kentucky talks like a hillbilly and that he should be given a free pass for talking and acting like one? I watch Swamp People and Duck Dynasty from time to time. I can speak redneck too. If I start talking like a redneck, are you willing to give me a free pass because of the shows I watch?
That is my point. No one should be damned or given a free pass for talking like a redneck.
In post 91, Mr_Ree wrote: Oh and did you really think he was claiming Jester?
My initial reaction was no, but I do really believe he threw it out there in a way where it could be taken seriously.
In post 91, Mr_Ree wrote: You thought that Thor was avoiding your pointless question with a rhetorical question? I think you showed that the answer had no follow up intention to it. You stated that was avoidance.
I showed that there was followup intention to it.
In post 91, Mr_Ree wrote: Do you not see how Jebus used humor as an avoidance?
I saw that he might be, that's why I asked him about it.
In post 91, Mr_Ree wrote: What's the point in making a vote that serves no purpose? I realize that it was made in RVS. That doesn't make it any less real. RVS votes can still turn into a lynch if there are enough of them.
That is why I removed my vote when it seemed to me that the RVS was over.
In post 91, Mr_Ree wrote: When did I say that it indicated my alignment was town? I said it was, and I quote "non indicative of alignment". That means it doesn't indicate my alignment. It was a response to CoolDog saying that it did.

See CoolDog made a post that made it sound like that post could only come from scum. I gave him proof that it could also come from town me. Answering a similar question the same way in multiple games where that question has NO bearing on anything is not a tell of any kind. It shows a pattern, yes. It does not give any conclusions about alignment. It is not something I would only say as scum. It is not something I would only say as town. It's one of those responses you don't even think about.
You didn't say it indicated your alignment as town. But you sure went out of your way to make sure to post the example so everyone could see that you were town in your example. I don't think you would have been so quick to post the example had you been scum in that game.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #10) » Mon May 13, 2013 3:43 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 89, Jebus wrote:Mr Obvious, why does it sound like a not-town thing to say that it's a goal to lynch at least one scum by Night 2?
Because a townie's goal should be to play as well as possible to achieve a town victory. With his stated goal, at least one scum could be lynched by night 2 and the town still lose but at least he will have achieved his personal goal. BFD. It just doesn't strike me as townspeak.

I could his statement coming from two different non-town perspectives; 1) scum throwing out a false goal that leaves an out for appearing town after supporting a mislynch on D1, or 2) a third party that wants to help get rid of rival scum and try and take credit for it with hopes of gaining towncred.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #11) » Tue May 14, 2013 5:29 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 130, Bacde wrote:VOTE: Thor
Thor seems pretty obvTown to me. What gives?
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #12) » Wed May 15, 2013 4:46 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 151, Bacde wrote:
In post 148, MrObvious wrote:
In post 130, Bacde wrote:VOTE: Thor
Thor seems pretty obvTown to me. What gives?
Hello first townread :)

why is Thor obvtown?
He seems obvTown to me because he brought attention on himself that I feel he could have just as easily let fade away.

Do you think Thor is scum? Why?
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (isolation #13) » Sat May 18, 2013 1:45 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 185, Mr_Ree wrote:Odd that you people would vote a player who is going VLA and is therefore unable to defend themself for the next 3 or 4 days. Not classy.
A VLA from a hydra is hard to take seriously.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #14) » Tue May 21, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 245, Mr_Ree wrote: When does twisting people's words help town find scum? No seriously, when? The only motivation behind it is to create a mislynch.

The ONLY motivation behind it is to create a mislynch.
My thoughts exactly. Even though you apologized for it, you did this exact thing to me earlier.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (isolation #15) » Wed May 22, 2013 12:35 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 259, Mr_Ree wrote: @Obvious: what are your thoughts on Cooldog?
In the last game I played before this one, Cooldog was a townie. His play in this game seems exactly like his play in the last game. That's has me reading him as town so far in this game.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #16) » Wed May 22, 2013 3:50 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 268, Mr_Ree wrote:@Obvious: So you agree that twisting people's words is scummy right? Isn't that the only thing Cooldog has done so far? Isn't that the basis of three separate player's cases?
If you want me to analyze something specific, quote it.
In post 268, Mr_Ree wrote: Did he do that in your other game?
When you quote something specific, I'll compare it to my memory. If my memory doesn't serve me well enough, I'll dig back into the other game for a better comparison.
In post 268, Mr_Ree wrote: Did he use Meta, even to say he always goes after people who use Meta? Did he use the tell that Mara has brought from the discussion forums ie. When someone asked for an update, did Cooldog tell them who to lynch?
The one thing in this game that has made me smh at CD is when he said he never used meta and then used an example of his meta to prove it.
In post 268, Mr_Ree wrote: Where I'm going with this is that if the answer is no, he's not really doing the same thing he did last game is he? If his. efforts were directed at you, would you find it scummy?
Until you quote me something specific to analyze, I don't really have an answer to that. However, in the last game, when he claimed my bread crumbed claim and my bread crumbed flavor further supported by the existence of my claimed assistant was bs, he wrongly fell on to my scum list. So, I do understand when someone is pointing something false at you, it strikes you as scummy. It tends to slip through the cracks when it's not directed at you. That's why I was unable to get Slandaar lynched in that game, no one paid attention to what I said because his scummy actions were pointed at me, not them. I knew he was scum from D1 because of the poo he was slinging my direction. I've caught the same vibe from MaraPim in this game.

--------
In post 270, Mr_Ree wrote:Defense is scummy. Lol. That's where that came from...

Do you realize that in that game he never tried to twist anyone's words in order to get a lynch?
He took a completely different stance on defense.

This is NOT the same cooldog. Look at the iso's. I can actually read THAT Cooldog as town.

Why did you say that he's playing the same?
You were looking for something specific when you iso'd. I am basing my opinion on his loose cannon delivery. It is the same in this game as it was the last. I've never seen scumCooldog, so I don't know if he is more reserved as scum or not.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #17) » Fri May 24, 2013 10:03 pm

Post by MrObvious »

Current reads (Towniest to Scummiest):

Town
Null
Scum
Thor5665
CooLDoG
ThAdmiral
havingfitz
nopointinactingup
Dry-fit
T S O
Bacde
timewarp
Jebus
MaraPim
Mr_Ree
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (isolation #18) » Tue May 28, 2013 2:29 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 318, Bacde wrote:I'm not opposed to Aj being town or CooLDoG being scum
CoolDog is town.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (isolation #19) » Tue May 28, 2013 5:35 pm

Post by MrObvious »

Well AJ, frankly Cooldog has backed up everything he has said so far with clear quoted evidence. People may not get a warm fuzzy feeling from Cooldog's delivery and they can say he's wrong until they are blue in the face, but it doesn't make the truth of what he is saying false. I'll give you one example, though plenty more exist.
In post 91, Mr_Ree wrote:I'll start with Cooldog
In post 57, CooLDoG wrote:ree's last post is really awkward. He seems like he is trying to gain town points by saying that he hasn't checked his role pm and thus can't be operating off of scum motivation. Hmmm... I like my vote now.
I take this to mean you didn't like your vote before. The analysis is faulty as was pointed out. I didn't say I didn't read my role PM and it was a far jump to assume that.
This is a blatent Misrep
which is why I answered it by explaining why it was a misrep.
In post 115, CooLDoG wrote:
In post 55, Mr_Ree wrote:
Of course you can trust me, I'm the town gynecologist....or was it psychologist... day vig maybe? I should really check my role PM again...
It is impossible for me to misrepresent something that you actually said. Here you were trying to gain town credit by say that you had to check your role pm. This is a fact.
Cooldog wasn't in the game that Ree self meta'd with. I don't think Cooldog had knowledge before this game that Ree spews the same bs in every game. Cooldog, paraphrasing and using the stance of "seems like", was reacting to what had actually been said by Ree. Ree then twisted what Cooldog had said and labelled it a misrep. Ree then also commenced to start a nit picky semantics battle with Cooldog. Whether Cooldog's "hasn't checked" means the same as Ree's "didn't read" doesn't matter, it is indisputable that Ree made a post suggesting that Ree was not completely clear about what his own role PM said. There is only one place fault can land for making such a post and that's not on Cooldog.

-----
In post 316, Aj The Epic wrote: Because he's technically tying both of their hands together. Fating two in one. Quite unfairly, I must add, and with little logic. The chainsawing really didn't exist, Cooldog just was scummy as shit and he took heat for it. But he postured two people together and he still is currently treating them as a package scum deal.
You couldn't be more wrong. In post 85, I turned the pressure up on Ree by putting him at L-1. 15 real life minutes later, Mira jumps off the Ree wagon in post 86, not for anything that Ree has said or done, but because Pim doesn't like me and she didn't like my post. However, she didn't bother to point out what she didn't like about my post. She just wanted the heat off of Ree. That right there ties them together without any help from Cooldog. If either flips scum, my vote is immediately on the other.

As far the chainsawing not existing, not only did the chainsaw exist, Cooldog quoted it when called on it.
In post 184, CooLDoG wrote:
In post 174, Ms Marangal wrote: have a chance at loosing a strong town player with Ree gone so...

~Mara
bullshit. You are defended ree for no reason. It is 8 pages into the game and you already have an obv town read who also happens to be a
very
strong player. Something is wrong.
-----

Cooldog has been right on in his responses with every piece of turd that Ree/Marapim has thrown at him.
In post 316, Aj The Epic wrote:So this whole thread has basically been about Cooldog vs Ree/MaraPM hydra. (Also, at some point in time, didn't mara call Ree scum?) And Cooldog lost.
I really think you need to read the thread again and reevaluate who you think the winner of this battle has been. On my scorecard, Cooldog has been the victor and the score is not even close.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (isolation #20) » Wed May 29, 2013 12:50 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 332, MaraPim wrote: Obvious might be dumb town? IDK, though saying I didn't explain why I didn't like that post is a lie because I did in post
In post 96, Thor pointed out how wrong your reasoning was. Maybe you're dumb scum.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (isolation #21) » Thu May 30, 2013 1:35 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 350, MaraPim wrote: Obvious, yeah but you were saying that I didn't explain myself at all. :|
At the time of your jump off of the Ree wagon, you didn't.

------

Cooldog did you breadcrumb your role anywhere?
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #22) » Thu May 30, 2013 2:53 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 356, Bacde wrote: breadcrumb vt?
I was referring to the flavor.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (isolation #23) » Thu May 30, 2013 2:55 pm

Post by MrObvious »

And this is why I'm curious.
In post 1, PeregrineV wrote:
Sample Role PM

Welcome to Hillbilly Hunt Mafia!

You are Town.
You are Woody- Toy Sheriff

You are an old-fashioned pull-string cowboy doll. You are Andy's favorite toy. You are the leader of the toys and are always getting them out of jams. You were a town JOAT in another game. But here, your just a wooden doll.
With a badge!

All Toys Are Created Equal-
You can lead in times of trouble. But when you get a bunch of leaders together, the worst way to do things is through democracy. To that end, you can vote in thread.

You win when all the hillbillies are gone.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (isolation #24) » Thu May 30, 2013 2:56 pm

Post by MrObvious »

I'm convinced more than ever that Cooldog is town.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (isolation #25) » Thu May 30, 2013 3:19 pm

Post by MrObvious »

He claimed Sheriff. The role pm is a different Sheriff. Cooldog hasn't responded to my question, so how can you say there is a lack of a breadcrumb at this point?
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (isolation #26) » Thu May 30, 2013 3:20 pm

Post by MrObvious »

EBWOP:

The sample role pm is a different Sheriff.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (isolation #27) » Thu May 30, 2013 3:39 pm

Post by MrObvious »

If I wasn't, I wouldn't have asked.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (isolation #28) » Thu May 30, 2013 4:25 pm

Post by MrObvious »

I have played in many, many Coney Island games and only once were there safe claims. VT's aren't usually flavored as Sheriff, that's the difference in this instance.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (isolation #29) » Thu May 30, 2013 5:23 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 369, Ms Marangal wrote: and I didn't construe the fact that you using self-meta means you love it, I came to the conclusion that you are a hypocrite for calling Ree scum for using self-meta when you used it yourself.
You're ridiculous. First, I didn't refer to any game where I was town and use it as a defense for myself like Ree did. Second, my read on Cooldog is partially based on meta from the last game I played. Third, the meta I used from the games I've played was illustrating that more times than not, there are no safe roles. Get your facts straight before you start making false claims.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (isolation #30) » Fri May 31, 2013 12:27 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 373, MaraPim wrote: that was for Cooldog
Gotcha, my bad.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (isolation #31) » Fri May 31, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 377, Bacde wrote:I want MrObvious to be the hammer

just so he can feel the toughness and the tenseness of the rope right before it snaps CooLDoG's role PM in half
I'm convinced Cooldog is town. Don't hold your breath waiting for me to hammer.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (isolation #32) » Fri May 31, 2013 5:17 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 375, CooLDoG wrote: bread crumb vt? Why would I do that?
As I've already mentioned, the flavor is what I was wondering about. In a theme game, especially a hillbilly themed game, I could easily see a sheriff being the equivalent of a cop. You claimed a different sheriff than the sample role pm but like the sample role pm, still a vt. That seems peculiar. Maybe it's just the mod screwing with our heads.

-----
In post 388, Thor665 wrote:
Unvote: Mara (who, really, should be getting lynched)
At this point, I'm equally happy with either a Ree or a MaraPim lynch.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (isolation #33) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:23 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 400, Mr_Ree wrote:@Obvious: you are aware everyone is a sheriff right?
This is news to me. How do you know this is the case?
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (isolation #34) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:19 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 408, Dry-fit wrote:
In post 402, MrObvious wrote:
In post 400, Mr_Ree wrote:@Obvious: you are aware everyone is a sheriff right?
This is news to me. How do you know this is the case?
PeregrineV wrote:The hillbilly threat has long been an established part of American Life. With their new tax dollars from the taxation of all Internet Sales, the state has used the money wisely by putting together a task force of elite
lawmen
Not all sheriffs per se, but certainly people who would fit the flavor of a cop.
I'm clear now, thank you. :cop:
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (isolation #35) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:31 am

Post by MrObvious »

In post 438, Mr_Ree wrote: Can anyone tell me what specifically they saw in Cooldog that made him look town?
Cooldog's delivery in this game was identical, in my opinion, to the last game I played in where he was town. I guess that proves Cooldog's theory that meta is bs.

Initially, his claim was so close to my role pm that I didn't see it possible for him to be scum. However, the following quote did make me begin to wonder if I was wrong about CD.
In post 408, Dry-fit wrote:
PeregrineV wrote:The hillbilly threat has long been an established part of American Life. With their new tax dollars from the taxation of all Internet Sales, the state has used the money wisely by putting together a task force of elite
lawmen
Not all sheriffs per se, but certainly people who would fit the flavor of a cop.
I'm going to have to do a complete reread and update my list.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (isolation #36) » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:06 am

Post by MrObvious »

In post 462, T S O wrote:
Lynch nopointinactingup
This is an attempt at appearing to support a lynch. Busy weekend, not yet been able to do my reread.

vote: TSO
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (isolation #37) » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:04 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 1, PeregrineV wrote: II)
Votes must be bolded or they shall not be counted
. This includes the word "Vote", along with the players name. Abbreviating someone's name is acceptable, so long as I can discern who you were voting for without trouble.
It's only L-1. TSO's contribution was for show only.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (isolation #38) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:14 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 489, T S O wrote: It might have said that in the rules but I didn't bother to change it because it's just semantics. Vote = lynch.
It's not semantics or your vote would have counted. Someone even pointed out to you that your vote didn't count and you still didn't change it.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (isolation #39) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:24 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 501, Aj The Epic wrote:I'm rather surprised T S O hasn't simply corrected this mistake already. Why wait? Afraid to be the 'official' hammer?
It's obvious his 'vote' was for nothing more than show. He's already shown that when he wants it to count, he knows how to do it.
In post 420, T S O wrote:
Vote CooLDoG
Prior to your post, he's been called on it twice. Even after a vote count was posted showing his vote didn't count, he posted with no correction.

-------

This brings some questions to my mind.
1. Are TSO and nopoint Cooldog's scumbuddies with TSO having bussed CD and TSO now only willing to place a fake vote on nopoint as to appear in support of his other buddy's lynch without actually contributing to it?
2. Is TSO a third party?
3. Is this multiball, with TSO and nopoint being members of a non-Cooldog scum faction?

I'm just not seeing the town motivation in making a fake vote and arguing that is it semantics when two site veterans (yes, I'm an alt of a player that has been here for years) point out his error.

-----

I've finished my reread. I'm not convinced nopoint is scum, but I'm not convinced he is town either, as you can see in the possibilities above. I think TSO has been much scummier. I was convinced that Ree and MaraPim were scumbuddies prior to Cooldog's flip. Post flip, I see MaraPim's as likely town. Ree, I'm less sure about. He may just be skilled enough to carryout such an elaborate bussing of Cooldog. I'm not pushing the idea, but I'm not dismissing it yet either. Jebus is active lurking.

Current reads (Towniest to Scummiest, above the I'm line leaning town, below the line I'm leaning scum):

Town
Null
Scum
Thor5665
havingfitz
AJtheEpic
timewarp

ThAdmiral
Dry-fit
Bacde
fferyllt

MaraPim
-----
nopointinactingup
Mr. Ree
Jebus
TSO
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (isolation #40) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:37 pm

Post by MrObvious »

RL is throwing me some curveballs. I'll spare you guys the details.
VLA until 6/17
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (isolation #41) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:38 pm

Post by MrObvious »

Until then...

unvote
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (isolation #42) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:22 pm

Post by MrObvious »

I'm back but still busy and I will be out again next weekend. After a quick browse, I'm not down with lynching the vig, but let me read up tomorrow to see what I think after a closer read.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (isolation #43) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:42 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 725, MaraPim wrote: as for the Vig thing, we choose who makes the kill between us. I made the kill both nights so it's possible that I was the one who was blocked/targeted by scum.
In post 624, T S O wrote:Ah, Thor.

Vigilante. and guess who I was on last night? nopoint. and guess who didn't die? nopoint!
Seems like a
lie
contradiction is brewing here.
In post 662, MaraPim wrote:oh, and TSO told me that he was a miller (which I think is stupid) though he didn't state it in thread. that's probably something everyone needs to know

~Mara
I'm in support of a TSO lynch.
In post 725, MaraPim wrote: also, we targeted Jebus last night and I think the same scenario as nopoint is taking effect today as well
I'm also in support of a Jebus lynch.

VOTE: TSO

This is the risk-free as MP and TSO are a team and TSO is the sketchier of the two with his miller claim.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (isolation #44) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:44 pm

Post by MrObvious »

EBWOP: "with his miller claim" = "with MaraPim filling us in that he is a miller from something supposedly said in daychat."
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (isolation #45) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:24 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 735, Thor665 wrote:@Mr. Obvious - I'm as excited as the next guy to lynch TSO (depending on who the 'next guy' is I'm probably vastly more excited) that said, I have zero interest in doing it without pushing for the cop claim situation.
You've been pushing. I'm seeing no claim. Bye bye, miller.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (isolation #46) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:35 pm

Post by MrObvious »

There is no need for mass claim at this point. We have a Miller that is part of a Mason/Vig team. It has been my experience that masons are rarely of the same alignment. This is a no brainer, lynch the miller.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #768 (isolation #47) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:55 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 767, Bacde wrote:Did you mean neighbors? Because the definition of masons is that they are alignment confirmed to both be town
I'm from the old school. Masons used to not be alignment confirmed. It was only recently I had this debate and was brought into the present. So, I retract that. Thank you for the reminder. Even still, with no cop claim, a vig team, and no night kills, lynching the miller is still a no brainer.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (isolation #48) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:59 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 769, ThAdmiral wrote: Just stay quiet and let the adults talk, k?
Yes, daddy. Just let me know when it becomes even more obvious that there is no cop and we should lynch the lying miller.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #775 (isolation #49) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:12 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 772, Aj The Epic wrote:How come the vig never gets any kills? I mean, we haven't had one kill this game. I doubt we have this many BPs and perfect protects...
Lynching the miller will show us if he is half of the mason/vig. If not, we'll have our next target. Oh, sorry, I'm not old enough to state my thoughts.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (isolation #50) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:15 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 776, Thor665 wrote: Unless anyone wants to scream out and explain why that's a bad idea at this stage.
I'm not screaming, but there is absolutely no reason to out any PR's with such an obvious risk-free lynch available.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (isolation #51) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:30 pm

Post by MrObvious »

Risk free as in 2 scum down already. An outted miller with no cop claim. Do I need to use some windex to make it clearer?
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (isolation #52) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:32 pm

Post by MrObvious »

Sorry, I forgot to add, no night kills so far from the miller that is part of the mason/vig duo. Consider that windex.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (isolation #53) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:46 pm

Post by MrObvious »

I know. Needless hair splitting is a popular sport on this site.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (isolation #54) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:03 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 783, Mr_Ree wrote: There's only one way to get rid of a pair of Masons, lynch one during the day and kill the other at night...
Waiting for a NK has been very fruitful thus far. :roll:
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (isolation #55) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:04 pm

Post by MrObvious »

Quick, whoever blocked/jailed me during the night, please speak up. I'll wait. Crickets...
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (isolation #56) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:05 pm

Post by MrObvious »

^ sarcasm, for the dolts clarification.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #842 (isolation #57) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:46 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 821, Thor665 wrote:A three man mason group with one as a miller?

I officially hate this setup.
I 2nd this. There's no way all 3 of them are town.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (isolation #58) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:09 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 846, Mr_Ree wrote:
In post 843, Thor665 wrote:They have specifically stated that they are 'confirmed' to each other.
In post 842, MrObvious wrote:
In post 821, Thor665 wrote:A three man mason group with one as a miller?

I officially hate this setup.
I 2nd this. There's no way all 3 of them are town.
Look at the way he's pushing this
Do you think they are all 3 town?
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #851 (isolation #59) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:49 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 850, Mr_Ree wrote:Duh. Of course they're town.
This isn't Little Italy.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (isolation #60) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:59 pm

Post by MrObvious »

I guess you missed Fitz's post.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #856 (isolation #61) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:11 pm

Post by MrObvious »

I've been in a scum/town masonry as well. It was a few years ago though. I was the townie and got played like a fiddle by my scum mason buddy.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #875 (isolation #62) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:52 am

Post by MrObvious »

In post 872, Mr_Ree wrote: His day 2 play was certainly better than his day 1 but day 3 just stands out completely, especially in regards to the Mason push.
More accurately, it's a miller/no cop/no nk/multi-player vig push.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #954 (isolation #63) » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:21 am

Post by MrObvious »

In post 944, Thor665 wrote: i have to withdraw the Jebus interaction because, actually, dude never did much of anything after the claim.
That said - that is not any sort of law officer claim, and frankly looks like a Hillbilly claim.
Methinks no fakeclaims and too pressured of a claim point.
Thor665 wrote:Uh-huh.

Newsflash - every town claim thus far has been some sort of lawman.
Wanna wait to see if anyone else steps out to back you up as not being the only town who didn't get a lawman role?
I'm willing to put a wager on that one.

Also, we already have a Vig claim too - there is that.
Sheeping the obvious.

UNVOTE: TSO
VOTE: Keybladewielder
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #973 (isolation #64) » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:22 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 958, Thor665 wrote:Who was it who said either TSO or Jeebus?

That person has psychic powers.
That would be me. Joe Arpaio - Maracopia County Sheriff (VT). Don't get on my bad side or I'll have you in pink undies and living in a tent!
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1019 (isolation #65) » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by MrObvious »

I see absolutely no reason to not...

VOTE: ThAdmiral
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1021 (isolation #66) » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:16 pm

Post by MrObvious »

TSO is the miller. MP flipped "town." It seems to me that ThAdmiral is the only and obvious choice. MrRee, please explain to me what I'm missing.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1024 (isolation #67) » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:33 pm

Post by MrObvious »

I have nothing to contribute other than a vote.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1027 (isolation #68) » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:43 pm

Post by MrObvious »

I believe that is L-1.

UNVOTE: ThAdmiral

I'm willing to hammer. Anyone care to share reasons why I shouldn't?
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1031 (isolation #69) » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:09 pm

Post by MrObvious »

Unless I am not comprehending something correctly, if there is someone capable of killing ThAd, Fitz shouldn't jk him. Amirite?
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1034 (isolation #70) » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:42 pm

Post by MrObvious »

VOTE: TSO
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1042 (isolation #71) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:36 pm

Post by MrObvious »

Please, dear God, don't tell me TSO is unlynchable.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1063 (isolation #72) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:18 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 1057, havingfitz wrote:
In post 1054, ThAdmiral wrote:did someone block me?
Not I.
Nor I.

VOTE: ThAD
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1066 (isolation #73) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:04 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 1065, Mr_Ree wrote:In case for some reason it matters, Mr. Obvious is a hillbilly.
If our wincons match, I'm no more hillbilly than you. If our wincons don't match, I'm feeling better about where things are than you must be. :]
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1067 (isolation #74) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:12 pm

Post by MrObvious »

EBWOP: If our wincons match, I'm no more or less hillbilly than you.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1086 (isolation #75) » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:58 am

Post by MrObvious »

By luck or reason, Fitz, you basically sealed this win with your night choices.

Mod, I love the wackiness of the setup. Thanks for letting me be a part of it!
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1091 (isolation #76) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:21 am

Post by MrObvious »

In post 1090, Mr_Ree wrote:I was the only one with a qt.... :P
When you said you had a qt, it made me think you weren't one of us.

------
In post 358, Aj The Epic wrote:Who breadcrumbs either of that?
I did.
In post 40, MrObvious wrote: Answering a question with a question is avoidance. Following that up with another question is an attempt to move attention away from the original question. The answer to the original question would be nice of you to
share, if
you aren't
powerless
to do so.
------

It's nice to know I was technically right about Cooldog and MaraPim. My reads are getting much better than they used to be.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1093 (isolation #77) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:14 pm

Post by MrObvious »

Hindsight is making me feel good regardless.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1095 (isolation #78) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:24 pm

Post by MrObvious »

Exposing the masonry spelled doom for it.

As far as reads go, in this wacky game, I thought I was scum and you had me pegged as ObvTown in your QT. Me having Cooldog as ObvTown is the exact same, even though he virtually was town, he didn't know it at the time. Cooldog will always be null to me, there is no rhyme to his reason, lol.

I felt jaded in this game watching my scumbuddies die in quick order leaving me with nothing other than my vote to battle the opposition. Ree's sharing of his investigation results brought a big smile to my face leaving me with a happy realization that the majority could relate to my pain.
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1097 (isolation #79) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:29 pm

Post by MrObvious »

Ree, when you accidently posted with your other account, I thought you were the Jebus replacement with a guilty result on me!
MrObvious
MrObvious
Goon
MrObvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1101 (isolation #80) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:42 pm

Post by MrObvious »

In post 1100, havingfitz wrote: I even asked the mod if I would be getting the ability to NK anytime soon. :)
I considered submitting the same question.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”