The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:16 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

we should d1 massclaim imo... set-up has wacky roles and no ITP and wasn't checked so it would probably break the game. optimal play but nobody ever does it

pg.1
zMuffinMan #7: why suggest we shouldn't vote and vote immediately after? obviously you don't place weight on what you said. so why make the warning in the first place?

pg.2
Serenes Forest #30: is this a jokevote. I dunno who this serious bananas guy is but I see nothing in his post that isn't just a general mafia joke. and even if it wasn't this isn't alignment-dependent. vote is some armchair psych shit and it's bad bad bad
GuyInFreezer #46: this is whitenoise
Serenes Forest #47: reason to move vote is as flimsy as initial reason for the vote + why is Shadoweh a better vote here?
zMuffinMan #48: Then Vote Him Noob.......

pg.3
Kagami #50: this is a post scum would make. explain your entire thought process behind this post or I will shoot you tonight.
Serenes Forest #55: you dropped this a page ago, why are you still going on about it and nothing else?
GuyInFreezer #58: this is whitenoise
GuyInFreezer #71: gdfklh;jasdfjhlsad'kl

VOTE: GuyInFreezer
keeps posting but doesn't want to get his feet wet and needs a shove. other people (Sakura Hana, SXTLHGaiden) aren't doing a whole lot either but at least interact w/ folks and ask questions. I see no such effort from Person In Freezer

VOTE: Serenes Forest
all posts since bad push are focusing on justifying themself. no interested is displayed in other players or developing reads on them. shadoweh vote is useless. I also think the handling of SB's responses is weak, SB just sits there kinda baffled but if Serenes Forest is trying to get a read off him from this weird case they're not doing anything to capitalize on it
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:32 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

1) why wouldn't you tryhard as scum? people read tryhard as town. do you think Serenes would have known his logic would be poorly received?
2) how is Sky_Paladin side-lining more than GuyInFreezer?
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #2) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:36 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

In post 82, Sky_Paladin wrote:scum claiming in RVS is distressingly common in Shrine Maiden (our most recent game, in fact)

what
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #3) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:29 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

can't post real content atm but 1) using a card tonight 2) this game is gonna get dumb and unplayable fast if it devolves into a neighborhood spam circlejerk, especially when both halves of the player list know their own half but not the other 3) with that in mind, I wasn't joking about having a gun and am not opposed to shooting who annoys me the most tonight. so Think Before You Post
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #4) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:03 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

do people actually not want massclaim or are they just ignoring the mention of it. that suggestion was serious btw, I have a Zany Town Role and I imagine most people have Zany Town Roles and having everything on the table tends to squeeze out scum fast in these set-ups, because their roles aren't Zany Town Roles but roles made to combat Zany Town Roles

also if we're gonna do multi-lynch then the people w/ responsible abilities should be picking the targets so they're held accountable. + less scum interference with the choice if responsible players are town

pg.4
SB #86: I don't agree with this. for one the environment is different, second tryharding itself doesn't look scummy to people, just the relevant logic, and if Serenes Forest is tryharding then they believe their tryhard logic is good and not going to get them flack
Serenes Forest #94: asking questions gets other players involved, idle commentary does nothing to move the game. still don't understand your logic for dropping SB

pg.6
ActionDan #131: is this really all you have to open the game with? like, no opinions on Serenes shenanigans whatsoever?

pg.7
Shadoweh #151: 1) what "million questions at once" did Serenes have to answer 2) why can't they scumhunt while answering them 3) why wouldn't they bother with the meta-analysis as scum? this is a non-defense, like you decided Serenes was town and then tried to justify it afterwards
Shadoweh #148: I will
DESTROY
you

pg.9
pieguyn #202: I feel like I'm either misunderstanding your logic here or Serenes' because from what I can tell Serenes' vote wasn't "wrong" in context of a new forum, it was just over-the-top. + there are reasons to find Serenes scum other than the SB vote - they do nothing w/ SB's responses and as they backpedal from the vote they don't really focus elsewhere. since the pressure on them seriousgamestarted I would expect town them would have more to talk about instead of just defaulting to Shadoweh jokewagon

Kilgamayan #224: fooling around is less forgivable when the game is transitioning out of the fooling around stage, which it was when GuyInFreezer was posting (which was also before half the the game was established as useless noise). I think Kagami's vote was real (read: Early Day 1 Real) but we can wait for her explanation...... if she wants to live.....

---

actually I hate Kilga's vote on me bc it's pretty shallow to call a post "horrible" when your problems with it are all nitpicks about how much weight I'm placing on empty ED1 posts, nothing about my actual case. basically I imagine somebody would conclude I am voting Serenes over GuyInFreezer and Kagami for a reason. being vitriolic toward Kagami is also not actually a scumtell. I don't find the vote scummy since the rest of his post is pretty fair but I also don't get it, at all

frustratingly I don't have much to say @ individual posts because most of it is spam or based on past games I know nothing about. also people keep cutting me I haven't more than skimmed like anything on pg.10. @
zMuffinMan
: you seem to know most people in this game and have opinions, tell me the alignments of notscience, Sakura Hana & GuyInFreezer and !!explain why!! ( <- important) bc when people's posts are about obscure meta between each other I just glaze over them

I didn't like GuyInFreezer earlier but now I realize I somehow interpreted this post as a weird vague response to the question about Serenes when that obviously isn't the case, go figure..... still I can't shake off this feeling he's spamming to establish a "presence" without really being there. sure, withholding reads happens, but if you look at his ISO very few of his posts are actually advantageous to make, it's just armchair commenting. contrast this w/ zMuffinMan who is playing similarly but actually doing things. I feel similarly about Kagami, and ActionDan but I got a "just checking in" vibe from his posts. actually this kind of posting style seems to be a http://www.mafiascum.net general thing but it's still Frustrating & Bad so please come actually play mafia

aside from Shadoweh's vote being horrible & terrible & against the Will of God I don't like her posts. gut reads are whatever but she's had no real sway on the game so far. like, if she was town who hated the wagon on Serenes you'd think she'd try harder to disassemble it, instead we get some unexplained logic for town-Serenes and no push to actually stop the votes

would sheep pieguyn on Sky_Paladin but don't have anything interesting to add. I still think Serenes is the big mafia lord here though, moreso than people interacting with him weirdly.

this post's formatting is shit, so,
Scum: Serenes Forest, Shadoweh, Sky_Paladin
Bad: GuyInFreezer, Kagami, ActionDan
Town: Who Even Knows
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (isolation #5) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:13 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

also I just realized I townslipped earlier but I am gonna let somebody else point it out cuz otherwise nobody will take it seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (isolation #6) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:01 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

In post 343, ActionDan wrote:kinda like knowing sb is serious bananas but stating he doesn't know him

? what does this mean
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (isolation #7) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:06 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

idk dude I just strung some random silly sounding words together as a joke. if that's his actual username then that's pretty funny
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (isolation #8) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:22 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

yea, btw dan
In post 344, ActionDan wrote:Oh i like thdgs the legend

this post implies you knew that thdgkdms plays mafia professionally, are you from the same mafia clan as us?
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #9) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:29 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

I don't believe you. are you sure you're not actually mrskrsm
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:30 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

either him or cdgsndgk
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:39 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

also @ActionDan
1) why is Shadoweh's 1st post town at all. I looked up her town meta & she's usually a lot more aggressive when she feels a town-read is being unjustly attacked. even if I think town'd be more forceful here regardless of meta it seems weird that you'd be town-reading her since there's nothing town about that post
2) I would hardly call "could be town" a real read re:GiF. how are you actually reading GiF? do you not have an issue with his post:content ratio?
3) explain town!Rylai Crestfall? Have not found her posts particularly strong. you seem like you're throwing town reads around for no real reason tbh.

will address other posts later; have been skimming but wanted to catch Dan while he's here.

cut: I didn't know Conqueror was Kilgamayan. do you have any links to games where Conqueror played so I can look up his meta?
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (isolation #12) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:40 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

rylai point is esp. cuz you claimed to be at like... page 7 and she only had one line by then iirc
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (isolation #13) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:27 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

I'm just gonna post normally now; thought page-by-page would make having to catch up constantly easier (ms sux) but feeling more like it makes my posts unnecessarily long and annoying to read.

@SB
: do you still think Sky_Paladin is scum? in #266 you seem to suspect him but in #86 you said his recent post was a counter-example of your suspicions. did you read his post? what were your thoughts?
@zMuffinMan
: why are you voting pieguyn over Serenes? actually, that's not my real question here. if you think pieguyn is a better vote than Serenes than why are you putting so much more effort into convincing people to go after Serenes? I've seen maybe one paragraph about pieguyn out of you and it's rather dissonant. what are your thoughts on his Sky_Paladin vote? I felt it was p. reasonable and enough to move him out of the "doing nothing" pool.
@pieguyn
: why is Rylai worse than Sky_Paladin? I don't get why you'd single out Rylai for hating on GiF while town-reading me when I dislike him for the same reasons. also, explain Sakura scum? I may actually agree there but want to know what you're seeing.
@Rylai Crestfall
: what's "sincere" about the way Sakura Hana is using her voting power? if anything, using half of it to seal off shenanigans from people you don't even have reads on is a sort of "safe" play I'd expect scum to make, whereas town could be actively pressing people with their votes.

I actually think Sakura Hana is pretty scummy at this point just cuz she keeps posting but her reads don't evolve. She's worse about this than GiF at this point, only GiF is at least assertive. A large part of her activity correlated with pieguyn pressuring her, too, and there was a line pieguyn said about one of her posts looking "forced" and tbh that's the way I've felt about most of her emotional appeals.

Serenes #285. Why do you expect Shadoweh to react to a jokewagon? She herself said that these votes are how she'd expect certain players to say hello. There's no real pressure there for scum!Shadoweh to respond to.
imo Serenes' pushes are contrived and his focus is more on brushing votes off of him than finding scum; as town he should have found something more substantial by now.
re: Shadoweh question: Shadoweh's defense of you is useless because "I think X is Y" by itself doesn't turn heads. Even early on, town doesn't want people to waste time on their town-reads. As I said to ActionDan, I'd expect town!Shadoweh to be yelling a lot more about this. contrast with basically everything pieguyn has posted about you.
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (isolation #14) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:29 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

In post 374, The_Relentless wrote:also, explain Sakura scum? I may actually agree there but want to know what you're seeing.

forgot to remove this after getting to pieguyn's explanation. I think his reasons for taking back his scumread on her are pretty WIFOM though.
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (isolation #15) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:33 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

ywrcbwrz still owes me a response, also.
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (isolation #16) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:38 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

In post 377, Shadoweh wrote:Besides the best defense is a good offense, I don't care so much about defending people this early compared to prodding at scumrreads.

well your offense has been a gut vote on me which I couldn't even respond to if I wanted and Serenes' offense has been:
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (isolation #17) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:43 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

I said when signing up that I'm from thdgkdms' mafia site. my current username there is chndvpndms. I don't see why you'd think I was inexperienced

did you seriously think I was a new player given my /in post?
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (isolation #18) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:36 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

ywrcbwrz is Dan, he said so himself
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (isolation #19) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:37 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

i would never forget your username thdgkdms!
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (isolation #20) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:12 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

I am going to shoot you Ankamius.
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (isolation #21) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:12 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

you will be DEAD
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (isolation #22) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:24 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

In post 441, SXTLHGaiden wrote:Relentless: you need more Love of the Burning Variety

are you even in this game
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (isolation #23) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:25 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

Ankamius do you want to expand on why Kilgamayan is a problem player. I also think it is weird that you would be surprised by the dude who's been townreading me the whole game townreading me. especially when you've said like, nothing about why I'm scum
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (isolation #24) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:40 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

pieguyn.

I'm feeling pretty clocked out of this game suddenly because Serenes (who is mafia) has not been posting and most active people are pretty town, leaving us with a bunch of mafiascum.txt people who think it's funny to have less than a post's worth of content in three or so days. please do something. like, GiF, if you're town-hunting, at least be share with the class and tell us the remaining pool you'd vote from. I agree on Rylai and Drezi being scummy but also feel they're kinda the same crapshoot as everybody else in this game, Serenes is the only read I feel confident in

I want Shadoweh to explain what she meant by thinking I'm a weird newbies; I got town vibes from some of her recent posts but her suspicion on me comes off artificial, as well as the "the best defense is a good offense" comment
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (isolation #25) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:43 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

thdgkdms: what is your opinion on the other Lily?
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (isolation #26) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:50 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

I'll take your word for it

do you have a read on me yet? curious
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (isolation #27) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:57 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

is there any reason you guys (read: just Kilgamayan and Shadoweh) are opposed to double-lynching on day 1

I would personally like the glory of lynching a scumread + lurker lynch at the same time

if we get two strong wagons that aren't outright competing then it's an even better idea
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (isolation #28) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:01 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

Requesting a sub because I can't handle playing with such harsh and cruel players such as Shadoweh. Sorry.
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (isolation #29) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:04 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

the Shadoweh thing is a joke that is a serious sub request, realized I should not have joined a large mafia game less than a day into this but stayed in anyway because I knew half the playerlist, but now that Serenes is subbing out I'm just like "fuck it" even if he is mafia. sorry guys :X
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (isolation #30) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:04 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

*is a joke, but that
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (isolation #31) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:09 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

also part of it is random emotional shifts that reduce my desire to play mafia even further but nobody cares about my life story so yeah tl;dr I'm done bye
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (isolation #32) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:14 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

also my avatar is a sham I don't play Kancolle I just picked it cuz shimakaze is cute and people were gettin mad about it in the sign-ups thread
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3089 (isolation #33) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:19 am

Post by The_Relentless »

sorry about signing up only to replace out like immediately, for some reason my brain goes "well yeah you've enjoyed zero of the mafiascum games you've played but this one's totally gonna be different". it's OK though because I'm quitting mafia forever.

my vig crumbs were 100% real. i was going to use one of my shots to shoot drezi or somebody (actually Ankamius if I thought I could get away with it) and the other as Nightkill 2. i was planning to use my spellcard-PGO card N1 and claim it immediately, saying that i was so loud about my vig because i wanted to draw a roleblock card but didn't think any town roles would be on me.

also if i got ran up i was planning to go "NO WAIT GUYS I CAN CONFIRM I'M TOWN" then later "whoops the mod just told me Innocent Child is passive and not active so my role can't use it" to see if that would fake people out.

my picks:
- Yukari
- Patchouli
- Futo
- Raiko

yall suck for vigging futo btw
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3093 (isolation #34) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:31 am

Post by The_Relentless »

re: Dan in graveyard: I changed my posting style for my initial two big catch-up posts but my actual way of talking was the same as always basically. I expected everybody to figure it out like instantly even though SB was the only one I actually told but I guess none of you are as good as I am at player guesses!!!!

fun fact thdgkdms messaged me like two days in about how he was surprised nobody knew who I was and I had to be like "don't get me modkilled dude"
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3094 (isolation #35) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:39 am

Post by The_Relentless »

also seeing people go "yeah kats sucks but the slot could be town due to relentless" over and over was ego++
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3096 (isolation #36) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:52 am

Post by The_Relentless »

oh oh actually I really wanted to shoot GiF but the lilies made it too hard to play dumb to about the mason crumbs and get away with it :X Oh well
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3102 (isolation #37) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:16 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

I was also under the impression that we could only use active roles

and if not godfather for only one night is pretty lame and if it was permanent that not very intuitive

weird-ass role
The_Relentless
The_Relentless
Goon
The_Relentless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3103 (isolation #38) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:16 pm

Post by The_Relentless »

tfw no GF
The_Relentless
The_Relentless