Micro 580: Shortnight Mafia [GAME OVER]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:57 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

When you were here before
couldn't look you in the eye
you're just like an angel
your skin makes me cry

you float like a featheeeerrrrrrr
in a beautiful world
I wish I was special
you're so fucking special

and I'm a creep
I'm a weirdo
what the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:38 pm

VOTE: Chenoan

policy lynch.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #9 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:48 pm

don't mack on my radiohead you cheeky bugger.

and it's pretty fucking far from their worst, though they've definitely got better.

no surprises #1.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #11 (isolation #3) » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:17 pm

What's he gonna do, quickhammer you?
Then he'll be confirmed scum and we'll either vengekill him and confirm him as scum or speedlynch him tomorrow.
I don't understand your fears here.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #13 (isolation #4) » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:46 pm

But in all seriousness, two people post that random votes are probably bad and then you vote for a non-game reason? Either you really think this game is just super town sided or part of you hopes to trick town into quicklynches and then framing the hammerer.

No, I just think that they're idiots who don't properly understand the setup.
I don't like you forcing that false dichotomy on me either; I'm not remotely concerned about a quickhammer happening and I don't understand why you are either.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #14 (isolation #5) » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:49 pm

In fact this just became a serious vote.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #20 (isolation #6) » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:23 pm

UNVOTE:

k don't quickhammer.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #23 (isolation #7) » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:25 pm

In post 21, Chenoan wrote:if we lynch two town and they stupidly use the vengekill on a townie then mafia has already won, guys.

lovelygiant was that a subtle intent to hammer thrown in there?

Obviously a lot depends on both groups lynches. If only one maf gets lynched, then they get a nk on a conftown and put it into lylo with one conftown, which is probably the easiest win for us (outside of lynching both mafia today) assuming the conftown left behind has good reads. But if two townies get lynched and there isn't enough info in the thread to inform the nightkill then the mafia wins immediately.

Which is why I'm thinking Radiant is probscum. Trying to incite an early lynch where they are not the hammer vote and therefor are less suspicious.

How is anything that I've done remotely 'trying to incite an early lynch'?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #25 (isolation #8) » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:27 pm

Well no, I thought it was nothing to fear, but Lovelygiant's said some things that indicated that he might actually do it.

So I'd rather unvote.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #29 (isolation #9) » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:41 pm

So uh Chenoan.

Anything to say?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #32 (isolation #10) » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:46 pm

You're heavy leaning me for scum for trying to get a quicklynch on you
when Lovelygiant was talking about hammering you on page 1 and I unvoted on the same page?
that makes a ton of sense.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #33 (isolation #11) » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:47 pm

like wtf is that post.
I'm not the one who was considering quickhammering you.
I want to lynch you just because of that.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #35 (isolation #12) » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:50 pm

In post 34, Chenoan wrote:
In post 30, lovelygiant wrote:And if I'm being played, RC deserves an award for screaming town so clearly.

RC isn't screaming town at all.

They basically gave you an invitation to hammer, then unvoted suddenly and are now holding the hammer themselves. BUT when I flip town they will guaranteed use their "why would I hammer town if i was scum, look at my own argument!" WiFoM bullshite.

what the fuck are you even saying here.
I did not invite him to hammer, I said that it would be idiotic of him to hammer if he were scum because he'd get vengekilled for it.
I unvoted so he couldn't hammer when he expressed interest in it.
I have extreme difficulty believing this fixation on me comes from a town point of view when LG's last page pinged the shit out of me.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #38 (isolation #13) » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:54 pm

In post 36, lovelygiant wrote:Yeah, wait, shouldn't you be scumreading me if anyone, Chenoan?

And trying to stop the "I'm civ and will vengekill you" tag line isn't selling your case.

Oh boy, this is fun.

Like, yeah.
And you putting this so plainly makes me pretty sure you're town here.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #40 (isolation #14) » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:56 pm

I'm not going to hammer for a while unless Chenoan gives himself up because I want to get reads from both of you on the other GO3.

I'm pretty sure that Chen's the scum in our group though.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #42 (isolation #15) » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:59 pm

Yeah, pretty much.

I like you.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #50 (isolation #16) » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:41 pm

I just get nasty feelings about the way that he was trying to ward me off hammering with an appeal to vengekilling me instead of trying to convince me he was town or something.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #56 (isolation #17) » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:25 pm

Like if anyone's tunneling anyone it's you tunneling me, Chen.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #63 (isolation #18) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:06 am

...?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #74 (isolation #19) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:40 pm

In post 72, This is my username wrote:lovelygiant, I feel like you're trusting RadiantCowbells too easily. No hesitation, you're just following along with her. I agree that Radiant is the least likely scum candidate in Group One, but your following her feels like buddying. Also,
It does to me, if I'm certain they're scum. lol

Town wouldn't be this confident this early in the game about the identity of the scum.

Town can be plenty confident of scum.
Chenoan's opening was ridiculous, his stances are ridiculous, if I were in his shoes I'd feel the same way.
Group 2 needs to start talking more.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #91 (isolation #20) » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:43 pm

In post 88, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 6, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: Chenoan

policy lynch.

He's right, though, Creep is meh.

In post 10, Chenoan wrote:okay fine, I'll stop insulting your music tastes. To be honest I only really listened to Radiohead because a guy I liked in college was into them.

Still FoS'ing you for quickvoting in an easy hammer situation, though. Why'd you do that when lovelygiant has yet to post

In post 12, Chenoan wrote:If it's that simple then this game is a lot more town slanted than I thought at first. Thanks for enlightening me RC :P

But in all seriousness, two people post that random votes are probably bad and then you vote for a non-game reason? Either you really think this game is just super town sided or part of you hopes to trick town into quicklynches and then framing the hammerer.

The paranoia over being quickhammered doesn't really track, here. Scum won't quickhammer in this situation due to the setup, and I think fearmongering over quickhammering is a pretty likely scum tactic. Like, if you were really worried about being quickhammered, would you not crossvote "confirmed scum" since you were worried about being quickhammered? (Sorry if my thought process isn't clear, I've had a couple of beers.)

In post 15, lovelygiant wrote:Woah woah woah.

Definitely picked the right game to pop my mafiascum cherry. I'm definitely excited to see how this setup plays out.

Hello to Chenoan and Radiant Cowbells. The opening interaction is interesting, because either Radiant is civ and excellently caught Chenoan slipping up or Chenoan is civ and too easily got backed into a corner. Although I obviously can't prove it, I know that one of you has to be scum and I think this will be easier to decide on than I thought before the game started.

Votes are not nearly as precious a resource as early posts would have you believe. Hammering would reveal way too much for mafia, and if a civ hammers this early, they've more than earned the vengekill they'll eat.

So far I'm liking Radiant for mirroring similar thoughts.

Dislike this post as a whole, though... feels very fence-sitty and accomplishes little in the way of advancing the discourse. Instead gives reasons why either one of Chen/RC could be scum or town. The last bit is okay but the rest of it feels like padding to look more town.

In post 21, Chenoan wrote:if we lynch two town and they stupidly use the vengekill on a townie then mafia has already won, guys.

Obviously a lot depends on both groups lynches. If only one maf gets lynched, then they get a nk on a conftown and put it into lylo with one conftown, which is probably the easiest win for us (outside of lynching both mafia today) assuming the conftown left behind has good reads. But if two townies get lynched and there isn't enough info in the thread to inform the nightkill then the mafia wins immediately.

Which is why I'm thinking Radiant is probscum. Trying to incite an early lynch where they are not the hammer vote and therefor are less suspicious.

Again, this post rubs me the wrong way. Still fearmongering over the AHHH MAFIA QUICKVOTE thing, which really holds no water. I'd expect town in this situation to at least back down and be a bit more reasonable than trying to throw dirt in RC's direction over feartactics. Also...don't really see where RC tried to incite an early lynch, unless I'm missing something.

In post 27, lovelygiant wrote:
In post 25, RadiantCowbells wrote:Well no, I thought it was nothing to fear, but Lovelygiant's said some things that indicated that he might actually do it.

So I'd rather unvote.

I was hoping you'd catch that. That right there is why I'm townreading you already. Scum would have let it be and scores an easy lynch.

So now it's my turn.

mmmmmmm
what tho?

In post 43, This is my username wrote:From what I've read, RadiantCowbells often aggressively cases others. I've only seen a game where she was cult leader, though.

Oh,
goodie
-- meta!

In post 87, This is my username wrote:
In post 85, xRECKONERx wrote:@TIMU: Are you saying that your vote on Ranger was simply a pressure vote and wasn't meant to be serious?

Yes.

Interesting. What kind of goal were you trying to accomplish? Simply to get Ranger to post? What about Ranger's post satisfied you?

Reckoner, what would you say your reads on group 1 are?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #132 (isolation #21) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:34 am

Pretty sure Chen is scum and so this game is my lowest priority until I'm caught up elsewhere.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #136 (isolation #22) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:58 am

Barely existing until end of day, what?
Ranger has barely even started posting yet and she's the person that I'm most able to read.
You will not end this game feeling like I did not do enough for town.
I could see both Reck and Username as scum atm and want to see what Ranger brings to the table.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #139 (isolation #23) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:40 am

That's Ranger's standard basically.
I'm waiting for her to get off V/LA so I can get content from her.
Also, don't care about group 2 is a horrible fucking misrep. You 3 have barely posted and one of you is V/LA.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #140 (isolation #24) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:44 am

Like 138 is such a fucking awful post that I just want to call him scum but I hate TIMU's posting too.
If you're both town then we're fucking done. There's 140 posts. I have done more than either you or TIMU.
I'm not flooding the thread like Lovely because there's not enough content to justify it.
say anything about for that shit again and I will get you lynched. end story.
Like plus Chen fucking dropped out of thread. And you're going off at me? that doesn't even make sense.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #157 (isolation #25) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:58 pm

I agree that Reck's probably the scum in your group but I'm not sure I agree with you on his motivations.

I don't really like how quickly LG townread me and was going for that fast hammer.

idk. I'll reread tomorrow, I'm tired.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #160 (isolation #26) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:29 am

In post 158, lovelygiant wrote:I also need to reconsider things. Chen's wall post came off as very towny and unexpected.

Unvote.

For the record, in all of my past experience on the other forum, games were always 20 or so players, and there was no hammer, at all. When deadline came, the votes were tallied for that phase and whoever was in the lead was lynched. The whole concept of hammers is still new to me so I've been very experimental with it this game to see how it can be used in less straightforward ways. It's kind of neat.

Yeah, so I really don't like how when I started FoSing Chen, LG immediately jumped on the wagon and moved to hammer, and then every time I've doubted that townread he starts doubting his townread on me as well.

I get the feeling he could just be trying to side with whoever's townreading him to get the other lynched. I don't really feel a lot of scumhunting vibes from him?

What did you like in Chen's wall? Why do (did) you think that I'm town?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #166 (isolation #27) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:54 pm

It wasn't specific points in Chen's post, but more the way he wasn't afraid to garner more attention and create more discussion around him by calling out pretty much everyone, the opposite of what a scum would typically want in that situation, right? Forgive me if I'm wrong.

Or it can signal a lack of an actual thought process with regards to him not thinking anyone is scum in particular, just wanting to look like he's scumhunting.

I mean maybe but it looks to me like your unvote was more predicated on my change of heart than anything Chen said.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #176 (isolation #28) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:41 pm

so like RVS is pretty not okay in this setup right

also hi literally everyone ive never met

This is still a complete load of crap.

In post 88, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 6, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: Chenoan

policy lynch.

He's right, though, Creep is meh.

In post 10, Chenoan wrote:okay fine, I'll stop insulting your music tastes. To be honest I only really listened to Radiohead because a guy I liked in college was into them.

Still FoS'ing you for quickvoting in an easy hammer situation, though. Why'd you do that when lovelygiant has yet to post

In post 12, Chenoan wrote:If it's that simple then this game is a lot more town slanted than I thought at first. Thanks for enlightening me RC :P

The paranoia over being quickhammered doesn't really track, here. Scum won't quickhammer in this situation due to the setup, and I think fearmongering over quickhammering is a pretty likely scum tactic. Like, if you were really worried about being quickhammered, would you not crossvote "confirmed scum" since you were worried about being quickhammered? (Sorry if my thought process isn't clear, I've had a couple of beers.)

In post 15, lovelygiant wrote:Woah woah woah.

Definitely picked the right game to pop my mafiascum cherry. I'm definitely excited to see how this setup plays out.

Hello to Chenoan and Radiant Cowbells. The opening interaction is interesting, because either Radiant is civ and excellently caught Chenoan slipping up or Chenoan is civ and too easily got backed into a corner. Although I obviously can't prove it, I know that one of you has to be scum and I think this will be easier to decide on than I thought before the game started.

Votes are not nearly as precious a resource as early posts would have you believe. Hammering would reveal way too much for mafia, and if a civ hammers this early, they've more than earned the vengekill they'll eat.

So far I'm liking Radiant for mirroring similar thoughts.

Dislike this post as a whole, though... feels very fence-sitty and accomplishes little in the way of advancing the discourse. Instead gives reasons why either one of Chen/RC could be scum or town. The last bit is okay but the rest of it feels like padding to look more town.

Again, this post rubs me the wrong way. Still fearmongering over the AHHH MAFIA QUICKVOTE thing, which really holds no water. I'd expect town in this situation to at least back down and be a bit more reasonable than trying to throw dirt in RC's direction over feartactics. Also...don't really see where RC tried to incite an early lynch, unless I'm missing something.

In post 27, lovelygiant wrote:
In post 25, RadiantCowbells wrote:Well no, I thought it was nothing to fear, but Lovelygiant's said some things that indicated that he might actually do it.

So I'd rather unvote.

I was hoping you'd catch that. That right there is why I'm townreading you already. Scum would have let it be and scores an easy lynch.

So now it's my turn.

mmmmmmm
what tho?

In post 43, This is my username wrote:From what I've read, RadiantCowbells often aggressively cases others. I've only seen a game where she was cult leader, though.

Oh,
goodie
-- meta!

In post 87, This is my username wrote:
In post 85, xRECKONERx wrote:@TIMU: Are you saying that your vote on Ranger was simply a pressure vote and wasn't meant to be serious?

Yes.

Interesting. What kind of goal were you trying to accomplish? Simply to get Ranger to post? What about Ranger's post satisfied you?

This really doesn't feel like scumhunting.
What answers were you looking for, Reck? How could TIMU have responded such that you'd think that he's town or scum?
Like I really get the feeling that this is more trying to look busy and scumhunting than anything real.
Meta, so what? Like urgh.

Also for all the talk of Chen/Reck I don't get the impression that he's trying to change the status quo Chen lynch, which makes me somewhat worried about
The LG comments look a lot like distancing as well, especially when he says that part of it is ok.
Ugh.

This part just bugs me so much.

I actually think LG is more likely scum than Chen in Group 1. Rereading the interactions in group 1, it seems very much like Chen v RC had gotten into swing when LG arrives.

- Chen v RC over Radiohead jokey bullshit
- RC calls out Chen's paranoia over the "quickhammer" fear
- RC declares his vote serious
- LG shows up with a fence-sitting post leaving options open
- LG takes the pressure already on Chen and RUNS with it

I dunno. Something about the way LG entered the thread and immediately thought this Chen thing was a slam dunk is really rubbing me the wrong way, in retrospect. I think I'd prefer LG > Chen > RC at this point.

I fucking hate how as soon as he gets called out he switches his reads.
This feels like he could be seeing himself getting lynched and trying to distance from LG.
If Reck is really scum I'm really hesitant about voting Chen here.

Also, the RC townread is mostly unexplained and he mostly gets it from crowd mentality, but he's calling me out now?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what the fucking DICK is this?

LG spent page one "slam dunking" Chen because Chen believed the quickhammer scenario was likely in this game and LG/RC railroaded the shit out of Chen for it, and now LG is using the exact same principle to call RC town?

Fuck that

Y'all lynch this

This again. Urgh.
He's pushing on LG in such a fucking insincere way.
Like this is so exaggerated and attention grabby. Like HEY LOOK AT ME IM SCUMREADING LG LOOK LOOK LOOK.
And LG's been trying to discredit me recently. Urgh.

"Because they look town" is not a reason to call someone town. There's no further substance behind anything Ranger says, because Ranger arrived at the CONCLUSION before actually going through the process of discovering her reads organically. You can see that all across her play: she just posted reads in the thread with no actual substance behind them, then cherry picked moments to respond to in order to fit her already established narrative.

I'm using "nit-picky blown out details" to paint RC in a bad light -- why is it nit picky or overblown? Nobody knows, because Ranger hasn't explained it. Ranger has also avoided engaging with the thread in a meaningful way and has mostly skirted around the sidelines and taken shots without fully grappling with the content in the game.

Nothing in this is calling her scum though.
This is basically saying that she's confbiasing; how does that make her scum?

Also I absolutely loathe Reckoner's read progression wrt me.
Reck, go back and explain where your read on me was through this game.

Either way, I'm fairly sure Reck's scum at this point but I think it's more likely that LG is the scum and that the Chen associatives are a deliberate false trail because he intended to be lynched. It goes with LG's flip floppiness over townreading me; he may be acting like this because he knows he has to 1v1 me sooner or later but doesn't want to attract my attention before that.

But idk.

I want to see a response from Reck. What's your read on me through the game and why?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #190 (isolation #29) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:40 am

In post 189, xRECKONERx wrote:OMGUS is also not scum or town dependent and can be used by either alignment pretty evenly so
even if
my vote for Ranger was OMGUS, it would be null.

It wasn't OMGUS, though. I waited to see what Ranger's reasons were for voting me, I found the reasons and trajectory taken to get there flimsy and scummy, and I voted accordingly.

This is arguing that he 'could' be town because OMGUS is null.
Not arguing that he's town.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #192 (isolation #30) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:46 am

Which is true but a horrible way of responding to it.

First, you get to explain why you're giving Ranger a free pass with the copious amounts of shitty shit he's producing.

she's*
But yeah, I don't like how quick Ranger is to write me off as town after she did the same in our last game and I was scum.
I still think Reck's scum and Ranger's town but wtf.

I'm arguing about OMGUS from a theoretical perspective which is completely devoid of any relation to this game or any alignment shit.

This is why I don't get into theory discussions about it and tend to ignore it completely, because I can only do the "get off my goddamn lawn" routine so much before I just want to put a gun in my mouth.

What's so flimsy and scummy about Ranger's trajectory?
Like if you're town you're getting fucking nowhere with being an obtuse ass about it.
And that's the point? Stripping game context from your positions is something scum do alot to avoid making errors due to cogdis.
Like screw you not being scum. Why should I believe that you're town? If I was in this group, why should I vote with you?
Enough of the fucking macho posturing.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #193 (isolation #31) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:47 am

But yeah.
Ranger, why are you willing to use a strategy established on townreading me when you should have already established you have issues reading me?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #195 (isolation #32) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:02 am

Alright stop.

And with this, you're inverting your initial reads. This fits with the classical "distance from buddy, don't actually bus" methodology from scum: you called Chenoan as the most likely scum initially to look good, yet now when push comes to shove, you've pushed lovelygiant hard and are using nit-picky details blown out of proportion to paint RadiantCowbells in a bad light, which by default places Chenoan at the top. You're deliberately trying to set up lovelygiant-RC antagonism, setting them against one another.

This is really storytelling-y. Reckoner has a point here; it feels more like a prepared narrative than a legitimate thought process.
And I hate how quick Ranger is to declare the game solved.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #197 (isolation #33) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:43 am

what the fuck was that?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #206 (isolation #34) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:15 pm

You know when you phrase it like that this game sounds ridiculously townsided.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #223 (isolation #35) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:42 pm

Alright.

Chen, LG. Reads lists with reasons please.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #230 (isolation #36) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Okay so pointing out these two posts again. This unvote makes NO sense if RC is town and actually believes what they said in 11. If LG quickhammered, then we'd have found the scum already according to their logic. In fact, according to post 11's logic, RC should have scumread LG for even wanting to hammer. But he didn't. Maybe because he thought LG would be easy to manipulate? Throw in a little of 13 for added logical inconsistency here, too..

The fuck?
I did scumread LG for wanting to hammer.
I just scumread your reaction a lot more because your fixation on me didn't make much sense.

Again this feels so eager for a lynch. Literally one page after he unvoted, and less than ten minutes after LG voted, there's this subtle pseudo-intent to hammer. When I first read it I felt like I was being asked "any last words?"

It still feels that way, tbh.

35 & 38 The buddying of RC to LG begins...

No.
That was me waiting to see if you'd comment on how despite you accusing me of rushing a lynch LG was doing exactly that.
You didn't.

Can you explain this more? Are you saying that I intended to get lynched? Or? I'm confused by this and can't really react to it until I understand?

I do find it interesting how RC is questioning why everyone finds them town. I'm questioning the same thing. It feels like evveryone has just assumed it as a given at this point without good explanations? But the fact that RC is questioning it publically seems VERY towny. That throws me off. :?

RC, in 195 you seem to be flipping your scumread onto Ranger. Is that true?

No, I'm saying that you might be town and that Reck wanted to make false associatives.
I'm fairly sure that TIMU is town. I'm not quite sure between Reck and Ranger.

tbh I did feel a bit ridiculous when I realized I was taking an internet forum game so personally. Which is why I decided not to post until after work. And then I got sick. Now with distance from my initial emotions I still agree with my logic, but I should have composed myself more rather than firing posts of from the hip like I did.

132 - This feels scummy as fuck.
140 - This is more a mixed bag. Like on one hand it feels very genuine as a reaction. But the "I will get you lynched" is such a random threat. Especially considering how he reacted to me not even actually threatening to NK them if we double lynch town.

Kay. Not sure how to respond to that.

I like how you're asking for lists with reasons now without having posted a recent list yourself. I'm gonna update my reads list after I'm done with ISOs. But you can read back and see my old one.

I needed help sorting people /shrug
I think my stances are fairly clear anyway? If there's anything in particular you're interested in then ask me.

I still really don't understand your scumread on me.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #233 (isolation #37) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:01 am

In post 231, Ranger wrote:
lovelygiant wrote:Ranger earns a townread for his(her? can't remember) apt game setup speculation and effort to find scum.
Note to self, paint a gigantic sign on my wiki spelling out, "FEMALE".

lol
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #237 (isolation #38) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:19 am

I'm out today but I'll give you an answer when I get back.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #239 (isolation #39) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:06 am

Phone egopost
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #243 (isolation #40) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:30 pm

I was scumreading both of you at the time because both of you were being absolute nonsense.
I came to the conclusion since that LG was more scum motivated compared to you being more likely to just be derptown.
Luckily a LG scumflip will confirm me as town or you're scum so your read on me isn't a huge deal to me.

I thought that LG could easily have been opportunistic scum at the time but I thought your refusal to see that, and in fact you calling me out for shit that LG was far worse WRT was terrible and that made me scumread you more. Still think that your deathtunnel was/is pretty fucking awful if you're town.

I've flopped on Ranger a lot but I get the feeling that her not being concerned about being lynched thing isn't an act. I'm townreading TIMU so I can empathize with that and she's generally been fairly consistent about townreading me as town (she's actually missed me when I was scum) so I can see her feeling like it's autowin from that. Further, if she was scum that would mean she needs to position her scumpartner in this group to be the one alive tomorrow or try to win it herself. She's done absolutely nothing to that end, she hasn't tried to lay false associatives with me, she hasn't tried to shift the townreads on TIMU or myself, and that's just so impossibly weird for scum. Like I feel like if she was scum she'd be desperately trying to do SOMETHING; from what I've seen of her scumgame she isn't *amazing* at looking town but she's not stupid either.

On the other hand Reck looks like he's basically given up on our group, which I can see given that I'm universally townread no matter who his partner is, and is focusing on winning the battle with Ranger. I mean he hasn't really tried to fight TIMU being townread but he hasn't explained any townreading on him either and I feel like it would be really easy for him to let his partner get lynched and vengekill me and push a lynch on TIMU if he survived in his group. If I were in group 2 I'd hammer Reck I think.

As to my TIMU townread, he's said shit that's ostensibly scummy but it feels like it's scummy in the way that he would have cleaned up as scum. his scumminess feels more like careless disregard for how he's read than it feels like masked scum intent and his thoughts feel really genuine and unfiltered and we end up having a lot of the same thoughts. I'm like 99% sure he's town here. There's a lot of gut to it as well that's hard for me to put into words but I'm just generally really townreading him.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #253 (isolation #41) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:10 pm

Group 2 is pissing me off legit.

Ranger fucking do something or we're going to lynch you. end story.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #254 (isolation #42) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:10 pm

Same goes for you Reck, though less personally.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #267 (isolation #43) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:35 am

I don't want to lynch scum in my group if the other group's going to lynch town.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #288 (isolation #44) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:05 pm

I'm not hammering until I see your group's hammer.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #290 (isolation #45) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:37 pm

I don't care who I have to face in 3 way.

I care about them getting a vengekill in this group and killing me.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #296 (isolation #46) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:35 am

Which is to say that I don't want to lynch scum in my group if the other group is going to lynch town and then vengekill me.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #299 (isolation #47) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:36 am

I lynch LG. He flips scum. You lynch Ranger. She flips town. LG vengekills me, obviously. Are we done?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #302 (isolation #48) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:18 am

In post 301, xRECKONERx wrote:RC are you literally saying you will try to lynch town if we lynch someone you think is town?

yes.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #309 (isolation #49) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:35 pm

Seriously Ranger?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #314 (isolation #50) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:44 pm

Zzz.
scum didn't want me hammering LyLo.
Chen, if you don't speedvote Reck I'm going to be fucking pissed at you. TIMU is town.
And seriously Ranger, don't fucking selfhammer. grats on that little number. if I don't get hammer and we lose this is on you.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #315 (isolation #51) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:45 pm

In post 314, RadiantCowbells wrote:Zzz.
scum didn't want me hammering LyLo.
Chen, if you don't speedvote Reck I'm going to be fucking pissed at you. TIMU is town.
And seriously Ranger, don't fucking selfhammer. grats on that little number. if I don't get hammer and we lose this is on you.

read this?
if you need persuading say something now.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #320 (isolation #52) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:35 pm

In post 313, Chenoan wrote:... are you joking though. If they both flip town I'm pissed.

Didn't I just say how there's no positive outcome to two town lynches???????

Oh my god. Well played, maf. You basically won at this point. Ugh.

This is so fake in hindsight.

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #321 (isolation #53) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:37 pm

TIMU, do I need to do any sort of convincing here?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #324 (isolation #54) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:30 pm

Alright.

So it should be fairly obvious that Chen is scum because he

1) Scumread me for reasons that far more easily and obviously applied to LG. Like his case and the whole gut thing on me was fairly terrible. I don't feel like I need to explain that to you again.
2) That entire RVS fiasco. Like seriously it was a disaster. I don't need to explain that to you again.
3) Refused to commit to a townread on either of us. It's pretty clear that throughout the game he (she?) knew that he/she was going to have to fight me eventually.
Even on the rare posts where he did 'townread' me it felt more like he just wanted to make sure that I lynched wrong by buttering me up. 240 and 228 are horrible because any interpretation would be that he'd be coming out scumreading both of us and uncertain and yet he came out of it scumreading LG which doesn't really jive with the posts themselves. And that making my decision easier for NAI stuff line in 245 is fucking dirty; like he's setting himself up to have lynched wrong. And even when he was scumreading LG he kept giving him outs as 'oh he could be bad town' and saying stuff like 'RC wasn't obvtown at all and that's what I'm scumreading you for!' which is just horribly transparently setting himself up to switch to pushing me.

Also read 313-315. I was pretty fucking sure LG was scum at that point and since I was already pretty close to hammering Chen, which LG should have known since I said I was going to hammer my townread to give myself hamer in the endgame. So LG selfhammering threw me the fuck off and I was near positive that he was scum and did it because he was afraid that I'd hammer his partner today. Chen on the other hand already knew that it was town so he started setting himself up for the fight that he knew was coming. I thought that LG was scum and that should be pretty clear from those posts.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #329 (isolation #55) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:50 am

Not really sure what else you want me to say.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #333 (isolation #56) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:24 pm

157 Is a giant wall. But 90% of it is distancing from Reck. RC is even saying he doubts that me/Reck are the scumteam really hard. Something definitely went wrong with his plans - probably those two left field self hammers that made RC lose control over the hammer in our group.

I mean, they did.
It's good because I'm not sure LG would have hammered correctly but this doesn't mean anything.

I'm just gonna leave that there. Ranger, if you're reading along, you misread RC yet again.

Yeah, I pointed out her history of misreading me when she was townreading me.

I'd had similar feelings, but now I realized that since we're already in the game should it be a good thing that it's town-sided - assuming you're town of course? This doesn't sound like commenting on a good thing.

TIMU, did I at all sound like I was complaining there?
I just liked Ranger's way of looking at it. this is bad.

So this is the set up of self-clearing. Basically LG's townflip MUST mean RC is town - you heard it from RC himself! That's bs.

No, not at all.
I'm town, there's a scum in the 3 of us. it's you. get over it.

So these posts are important for later.

OK.

Okay and here's the massive slip. LG was committing so hard to this narrative that they were going to get nightkilled in order to seem more towny. In fact, they knew there was no way they would get killed here because they knew two townies had been hit and so they just needed a little more towncred. LG was scumreading me, and Ranger was scumreading Reck, so one of the two of us was going to die and RC was trying to make sure it was me. Thankfully it wasn't so that we now have one last chance to lynch RC.

This literally makes no sense. How does telling someone that I thought was town to 100% hammer Reck (the scum) constitute attempting to get Chen killed?
I love how you're trying to portray the fact that you obviously knew that LG was a town lynch and I didn't as me 'grabbing for town cred'

... are you joking though. If they both flip town I'm pissed.

Yea okay. TBH i was kind of shocked by the LG flip at the end, but now I feel stupid for being shocked at all.

These two things don't line up.
Basically Chen realizes that I'm obvious town for my confusion about the hammers so now he's lying about his position on them being scum.

I note that Chen is claiming that I was planning to bus but then decided not to when I joined Reck's camp.
To what end, though?
I was always pushing TIMU as the obvtown of the group and Reck was always the clear vengekill target if we double mislynched.
If I was going to bus in this situation, I would have stayed on Reck the entire game so that I could look town for it.
Ranger's case on Reck was weak and he AtE'd well, so I changed my views. I was always pushing for Reck to be dead if Ranger ended up being town.
There's 0 reason for me to do that as scum. I'd either push for Reck to stay alive or bus him. My reads changed because good points were made. simple as that.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #335 (isolation #57) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:24 pm

In post 334, This is my username wrote:I actually think it might be RadiantCowbells, but Chenoan has seemed off at times as well. Ugh.

It's not dude.

Read my last post.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #337 (isolation #58) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:26 pm

And you're not convinced by the fact that he clearly knew that LG was town despite being his primary push?

And then lied about it later?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #341 (isolation #59) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:19 pm

In post 340, Mad King Ashnard wrote:
In post 339, Chenoan wrote:That is not the case at all. Oh my god. RC do you drink WiFoM for breakfast or something?

^ lol.

that was me.

and yeah, he doesn't even have a response. What are you thinking TIMU :igmeou:
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #343 (isolation #60) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:02 pm

Uh, you did lie and blatantly so and it's eminently demonstrable.
Town you had no way of knowing that LG was town for that selfhammer. I assumed he was scum trying to prevent me from
You immediately knew after the hammer that he was town in spite of him being your primary push for the day.
Then you lied about it after and said that you actually thought LG was scum. It's super obvious on reread.

Me and LG both went through stages of townreading people. At no point in this game did you ever put anyone in our group as townreads; you kept us both as viable lynch options because you knew we were facing this 1v1.
Chenoan did not. He kept us both in his scumpool and just

And for the record, Ranger is an amazing scumhunter. I myself nommed her for an award for best town play.

In post 63, RadiantCowbells wrote:Just for the record, nomming Ranger for best town play for her peformance in Blitz 21 and elsewhere.

And contrary to my commentary that she's unable to read me, she actually had me pinned in my most recent game where I was scum vs her as town.
She went onto another scumread who ended up flipping town, but she did call me out and she's plenty capable of reading me and plenty paranoid of my slot since Blitz 22.
She solved the game on the first few pages while I overthought it and went onto LG. *shrug*

I'm town, I don't understand why you're scumreading me and I think Chen has been pretty fucking obvscum.
If there's anything you have questions about in my play ask away.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #344 (isolation #61) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:02 pm

trying to prevent me from deciding the lynch next day in hopes of Chen mishammering*
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #346 (isolation #62) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:23 pm

In post 313, Chenoan wrote:... are you joking though. If they both flip town I'm pissed.

LGs stages were 90% townreading you for no apparent reason. You flip flopped on your TRs too. So don't you go saying that I kept you both as viable lynches when all it was is that I did not know 100% who was scum. I at least committed to a vote, unlike you?

Hi, my reads were incredibly non fluid and I basically just stuck with scumreading whatever was easy at the time and I expect to be townread for it.

I cannot attest to that one way or another, I only know what was said in this thread regarding how they failed to read you in the past. you're the one who brought it up to begin with, why back-pedal now?

Because she was town and proven right.
Also because she pinned me in A Moment In TIme.

I'm assuming this is pointed at TiMU, because from my view, you're completely obvscum. I'm still so mad at myself that I ever mistrusted my gutread.

This is basically a scumslip.
Why would I be trying to convince you that I'm town or that you're scum? you're literally confirmed mafia. stahpit.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #348 (isolation #63) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:32 pm

This is clearly not something you're talking about with any 'ifs'.
stahpit.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #350 (isolation #64) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:48 pm

lol.
because you assumed that LG would flip town when you were scumreading him.
right.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #355 (isolation #65) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:02 pm

In post 351, Chenoan wrote:No matter what I say you're going to find a way to twist it and misrepresent it, aren't you?

I have twisted and misrepresented nothing.

you are blatantly lying about what you've said where TIMU can go back and look at it whenever he wants.

good day sir.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #363 (isolation #66) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:40 pm

Sowwy wanger.

There wasn't a dead thread right?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #366 (isolation #67) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:50 pm

/shrug

this game requires 1 of the 2 scum to be the most towny in their group of 3.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #367 (isolation #68) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:50 pm

I'd say it does lean towards town moer than scum tbh but not by much.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”