Micro 580: Shortnight Mafia [GAME OVER]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:18 am

Post by Maestro »

Votecount 1.06

GROUP 1RadiantCowbells -
0 / 2

lovelygiant -
0 / 2

Chenoan -
0 / 2

GROUP 2Ranger -
1 / 2
- xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx -
1 / 2
- Ranger
This is my username -
0 / 2

With
[6]
alive it takes
[2]
to Lynch in each group.
In this specific setup, "No Lynch" is not an option.

ACTIVITY CHECK & NOTES
:
This is my username
is being prodded for inactivity.

Deadline is in ... (expired on 2016-02-27 18:55:00)
This is my username
This is my username
Goon
This is my username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:35 am

Post by This is my username »

I still exist, don't worry. I'll go indepth on everything that's happened once I have time, but for now I'm starting to doubt my RECKONER scumread.
This is my username
This is my username
Goon
This is my username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:19 pm

In post 185, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 176, RadiantCowbells wrote:This really doesn't feel like scumhunting.
What answers were you looking for, Reck? How could TIMU have responded such that you'd think that he's town or scum?
Like I really get the feeling that this is more trying to look busy and scumhunting than anything real.
Meta, so what? Like urgh.

What kind of questions do you believe "qualify" as scumhunting? I try to poke and prod wherever I can until I get solid reads, that's just how the game is played. I find it hilarious you think my actual questioning/consistent thoughtful points on the game are "trying to look busy" but have said nothing about Ranger's empty reads with no scumhunting behind them (like, objectively).

In post 176, RadiantCowbells wrote:Reck, go back and explain where your read on me was through this game.

First, you get to explain why you're giving Ranger a free pass with the copious amounts of shitty shit he's producing.

This feels like frustrated Town. Scum would focus on defending themselves rather than attacking Ranger.
In post 187, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 186, Chenoan wrote:Referencing you own meta as a defense is self-metaing in my opinion.

You're wrong.

It wasn't being used as a defense of the meta itself -- someone asked "why are you doing X" and I was going "because I had this bad experience in another game" and pointed to what happened in the other game for reference.

That seems like self-meta to me.
In post 194, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 192, RadiantCowbells wrote:What's so flimsy and scummy about Ranger's trajectory?
Like if you're town you're getting fucking nowhere with being an obtuse ass about it.

I've literally made posts about why I find Ranger's reasoning and posting iffy. Empty reads list, no reasons, fill in the "reasons" later, never explain the "why" behind any of it -- it reeks of arriving at your conclusion before actually having any real reasons for thinking that way, and that fits with scum wanting to control the narrative rather than town wanting to figure out the narrative ??? I've been pretty explicit about my reads, I'm so sorry if you're not reading the fucking game

And that's the point? Stripping game context from your positions is something scum do alot to avoid making errors due to cogdis.

oh you mean pretty much exactly what Ranger is doing? Maybe like, not going into depth on reads or explaining the why behind stuff in order to avoid having to commit to anything? you mean like just being like "this act is scummy or townie" without explaining why it's scummie or townie? like literally removing GAME CONTEXT FROM YOUR POSITIONS is what Ranger has been doing and you're calling ME out for it??? get fucking real

Like screw you not being scum. Why should I believe that you're town? If I was in this group, why should I vote with you?
Enough of the fucking macho posturing.

Because I'm the one in this pod who has actually gone into depth on my thoughts. I'm not scared to take flak for "changing my mind" when I see things that make me think differently, I'm engaging with all aspects of the game instead of just the ones that fit my safe little narrative, and I'm the one who has the most detailed thoughts and explanations on people's motivations and why my reads are what they are. I don't just stop at "but this is scummy", I explain why it's scummy, I dig into the motivations and behavior behind it instead of couching my shitty reads in fucking cute little buzzwords and calling it a day

This entire post reads like frustrated Town to me. Reckoner is pretty clearly genuine in his read on Ranger and this post just feels so realistic.
In post 196, xRECKONERx wrote:omg did i actually make some headway

i dont know what to do now

this
never happens

In post 198, xRECKONERx wrote:nothing, carry on with how im right / have a point plz

I
highly
doubt there is a scumplay in this world bold enough to act like this.
lovelygiant
lovelygiant
Goon
lovelygiant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:48 pm

Post by lovelygiant »

I've seen scum play exactly like that, albeit in a very different atmosphere.

I'm not calling off suspicion on Reck so soon, but I'll be open to consideration. Carry on.

(although that's literally self-meta, what?)
lovelygiant
lovelygiant
Goon
lovelygiant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:48 pm

Post by lovelygiant »

note: TIMU would have no scum motivation to help clean Reck, right?

And as such, scum wouldn't have a reason to work so hard to re-analyze a scum read in their own group. TIMU, if mafia, would have just let the wagon in Reck continue and wouldn't even have had to convince Ranger, who's already voting Reck.

Bumping TIMU to townlisted for now.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:01 pm

Post by Ranger »

RadiantCowbells wrote:But yeah, I don't like how quick Ranger is to write me off as town after she did the same in our last game and I was scum.
We've been over this.
That game was multiball, this game is not. That game was not a true representation of your scumgame given you were effectively a serial killer. This game you continue to be town.

And I hate how quick Ranger is to declare the game solved.
Well, it is. I could get lynched, and we're still winning, because if I get lynched, and if you mislynch lovelygiant,
I control the venge-kill
. I'm sure not vengekilling you, nor will I venge-kill TIMU. So, scum dies no matter what, even if I get lynched and if you mislynch lovelygiant. Admittedly, if I get lynched and Chenoan gets lynched, I don't get to demonstrate why Reck's scum and you've got a not-so-optimal Reck vs TIMU, but that should still be something that can be won, because it's simple:
In your neighborhood, the question is which is scum between {lovelygiant, Chenoan}. You think lovelygiant, I think Chenoan.
In my neighborhood, the question is which is scum between {xReckonerx, Ranger}. If I die, then Reck is outed as scum. If Reck dies, well, then, we lynched scum. If lovelygiant is lynched and is town, Chenoan is outed as scum. If lovelygiant is lynched and is scum, well, then, we lynched scum. If Chenoan is lynched and is town, then lovelygiant is outed as scum. If Chenoan is lynched and is scum, well, then we lynched scum.

So the game
is
solved.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:15 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

You know when you phrase it like that this game sounds ridiculously townsided.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:42 pm

Post by Ranger »

I'm not the one who makes the setup.

Just the one who breaks it. :P
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:30 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 203, lovelygiant wrote:I've seen scum play exactly like that, albeit in a very different atmosphere.

I'm not calling off suspicion on Reck so soon, but I'll be open to consideration. Carry on.

Again, it's not self-meta.

Self-meta would be me trying to explain away my actions by going "I took these actions elsewhere and I do this as town".

As it stands, someone was like "why are you saying you're shit at D1" and I went "because oh my god I got rammed for it in this other game and I don't want it to happen again".
green shirt thursdays
lovelygiant
lovelygiant
Goon
lovelygiant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:41 am

Post by lovelygiant »

In post 208, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 203, lovelygiant wrote:I've seen scum play exactly like that, albeit in a very different atmosphere.

Again, it's not self-meta.

Self-meta would be me trying to explain away my actions by going "I took these actions elsewhere and I do this as town".

As it stands, someone was like "why are you saying you're shit at D1" and I went "because oh my god I got rammed for it in this other game and I don't want it to happen again".

I'll let this diatribe decease, because I really don't care.

Tell me your thoughts on Ranger's latest breakdown of the setup.
lovelygiant
lovelygiant
Goon
lovelygiant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:43 am

Post by lovelygiant »

EBWOP: not diatribe, dialogue.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:24 am

Post by Chenoan »

Still no reads lists. Humor me please?

Responding to things asap. :3
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:25 am

Post by Chenoan »

oh, nevermind. I forgot that a couple people actually posted them. So not
no
reads lists, but still many not posted.

There is literally no good town reason to not post your FoS's at this point. We are obviously getting very close to lynches on both sides and if we fuck up and double lynch town then those reads lists will help inform the night kill.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:27 am

Post by Chenoan »

Also, in case it wasn't a given, I'm most interested in the reads you have on the group that you are not in. Since the reads within your group will be obvious based on your vote.
This is my username
This is my username
Goon
This is my username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:25 am

Readslist:

SCUM
lovelygiant
Ranger (by PoE)
NOT SURE
Chenoan

TOWN
RadiantCowbells
Reckoner
TiMU
This is my username
This is my username
Goon
This is my username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:26 am

Oh, and the order each name is in each group doesn't affect my read on them. For example, RadiantCowbells is more likely Town than Reckoner.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:51 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

i'm drunk

and at work. fun.

heres reads

SCUM
Ranger
lovelygiant
Chenoan
TIMU
RadiantCowbells
TOWN
green shirt thursdays
lovelygiant
lovelygiant
Goon
lovelygiant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:20 pm

Post by lovelygiant »

In post 214, This is my username wrote:Readslist:

SCUM
lovelygiant
Ranger (by PoE)
NOT SURE
Chenoan

TOWN
RadiantCowbells
Reckoner
TiMU

Interesting. Not long ago you were reading me as town for my responses, and I've now made the top of your scum list. YET, you haven't provided reasons for the change in read or for town to pursue my lynch. That doesn't feel civilian oriented at all.
lovelygiant
lovelygiant
Goon
lovelygiant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:22 pm

Post by lovelygiant »

In post 215, This is my username wrote:Oh, and the order each name is in each group doesn't affect my read on them. For example, RadiantCowbells is more likely Town than Reckoner.

Whoops, I've jumped the gun. But still, do explain your scum reads.

I'd also ask that you re-order your list to show your confidence in each read, but I have a feeling you made that list without any order in mind because you don't have any. Feels contrived.
This is my username
This is my username
Goon
This is my username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:59 pm

lol

RadiantCowbells is pretty clearly Town, Reckoner looks like frustrated Town, Chenoan's RVS was really bad and he could be the scum in your group but everything else he's said is fine, Ranger is scum in Group 2 by PoE, and you're buddying with RadiantCowbells's reads and don't feel like Town at all.
lovelygiant
lovelygiant
Goon
lovelygiant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:07 pm

Post by lovelygiant »

In post 219, This is my username wrote:lol

RadiantCowbells is pretty clearly Town, Reckoner looks like frustrated Town, Chenoan's RVS was really bad and he could be the scum in your group but everything else he's said is fine, Ranger is scum in Group 2 by PoE, and you're buddying with RadiantCowbells's reads and don't feel like Town at all.

Actually, if you were paying any attention, my scumreads were based on the interaction between Reck/Chen that RANGER pointed out first, aptly. Convenient narrative.

Didn't you previously say Chen's RVS
wasn't
a solid reason to suspect him, and that you didn't agree with his lynch? What changed?

Why is Reckoner's frustration town, but my frustration (which you earlier claimed was towny) is no longer genuine? Please outline the difference.

You're getting messy, again. And I'm exhausted with it being explained away.
lovelygiant
lovelygiant
Goon
lovelygiant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:12 pm

Post by lovelygiant »

correction: you apparently weren't the one townreading me for my frustration.

also:

In post 75, This is my username wrote:In early Day One, Town shouldn't be as confident as lovelygiant is.

Chenoan's opening was bad, but that's really all I can see in the case against him.

Also, VOTE: Ranger for not participating and not leaving a reason for participating.

In post 112, This is my username wrote:Ok so I read the first two pages and you guys are scumreading Chen for a bad RVS (which is a valid reason), not understanding the setup (see most of page one), and his playstyle so far. I can't understand how this scumread is so obvious.

WRT your scumread on Chen, how has it strengthened from here, when you doubted the suspicion?
This is my username
This is my username
Goon
This is my username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:13 pm

Your reads have been following RadiantCowbells's as she pointed out. And when did I say you looked Town? pedit: nvm about the second part

Also, I said Chenoan's RVS was the only good reason to suspect him. I still don't agree with his lynch, but he the only one I'm not sure of right now.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:42 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Alright.

Chen, LG. Reads lists with reasons please.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
lovelygiant
lovelygiant
Goon
lovelygiant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:00 pm

Post by lovelygiant »

In post 181, lovelygiant wrote:an OVERALL scum read list, including both groups. Scum on top, town on bottom.

Reckoner
Chenoan
-
TIMU
-
Ranger
Radiant Cowbells
Lovelygiant

TIMU lands in neutral territory, could be swapped with Reck for the mafia of his group. I don't find it entirely likely, but the possibility is there I guess.

This list most closely represents my thoughts currently.

Reck's frustration isn't giving me the town vibes that others are seeing. He's aimed a lot of suspicion at Ranger, and I believe it's because of Ranger making the Chen/Reck connection (look at my ISO if you want to refresh yourself on that. The timeline of interactions makes sense to me.)

Yes, Chen's RVS was lame. His everything has been lame and I've yet to see any real contribution to the game from him, sadly. It's also partially POE because I read RC to be town.

TIMU is in the doghouse for me, which has changed since this list. His ISO is riddled with confusion and misunderstanding. He's made so many mistakes, and while I can't claim they're extremely alignment indicative, they are poor play altogether and deserve closer examination. He hasn't seemed game-solvey, and his reads list was weak and unexplained.

Ranger earns a townread for his(her? can't remember) apt game setup speculation and effort to find scum. He's the one who spotted the Chen/Reck possibility first and I have to give him/her credit there. His effort and voice seems genuine.

RC has been very careful this game, avoided the early hammer like a good civ, hasn't been afraid to call out anything of suspicion. Similar to Ranger, your reads often mirror mine and I find that important.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”