Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Trial of the Evoker: The Corrupted

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:21 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Dark Magic is not explicitly forbidden by any God or Goddess. However, its practice is well known to corrupt the soul. The spirits of those who make use of will be taken by Eta after death, separated forevermore from the ancestors and instead forced into service by the Dusk Goddess.

Xova has given you your charge. Kill all of those who have not practiced dark magic.

This is the scum thread. You have both day and night time communication. Your members & their roles are...
Spoiler: BATORU
Greetings, BATORU! Welcome to the Trial of the Evoker. You will play the role of Bonnie, of family Tempest.

As a wizard, you are skilled in channeling arcane energies. Your abilities function as follows:
  • Whenever you are hit by a spell, you will gain that spell in your spellbook.
  • Unless stated otherwise,
    all abilities are compulsive
    ; you must use them at your first opportunity. If you do not select a target, one will be randomly selected for you.
    all abilities are 1-shot
    ; they will be removed from your spellbook once no uses remain.
  • If killed, you will flip with only the spells you possess at the time of your death.
  • None of the above applies to dark magic.
In addition:
  • Your spellbook catalogs all spells you currently have access to.
    all abilities are used exclusively at night.
You are
corrupted
by dark magic. You win when all those who are uncorrupted are slain, or when nothing can prevent the same. You have a private topic which you may speak to your partners in at any time.
Spellbook
Vote -
Day use, non-compulsive, unlimited, public use only. Exerts magical force on one target, relative to the number of wizards in proximity. You may only target one wizard at a time with this spell. Should a majority of living players target one individual, that individual will be lynched.
Arcane Theft -
Day use, non-compulsive. Saps the arcane energies around a wizard, transferring them to the caster. This spell removes all spells, with the exception of dark magic and vote spells, from your target's spellbook and adds them to your own. This spell resolves at the
end
of the day phase; you may change your target intermittently during the day. You may only use this spell if you have no other abilities in your spellbook which would be eligible for theft.
Essence Rend -
This spell is dark magic. Only one member of your team may use this spell each night. Destroys your target's soul. This spell kills your target.
Misdirection -
This spell is dark magic. 2-shot. Changes the direction of a casters' spell. This spell redirects all spells cast by one target this phase to a second target, decided by you.
Spoiler: pisskop
Greetings, pisskop! Welcome to the Trial of the Evoker. You will play the role of
Brant, of family Darrow

As a wizard, you are skilled in channeling arcane energies. Your abilities function as follows:
    ; you must use them at your first opportunity. If you do not select a target, one will be randomly selected for you.
    all abilities are 1-shot
  • If killed, you will flip with only the spells you possess at the time of your death.
In addition:
You are special, even among the ranks of wizards. You have the following unique ability:
  • Arcane Awareness -
    You have an innate sense of the paths of arcane energies you come in contact with. You will always be informed of whomever targeted you when you are the target of a spell.
You are
corrupted
by dark magic. You win when all those who are uncorrupted are slain, or when nothing can prevent the same. You have a private topic which you may speak to your partners in at any time.
Spellbook
Vote -
Day use, non-compulsive, unlimited, public use only. Exerts magical force on one target, relative to the number of wizards in proximity. You may only target one wizard at a time with this spell. Should a majority of living players target one individual, that individual will be lynched.
Alert -
Prod your target's mind, giving them a momentary awareness a spell has been used on them. This spell has no other effect.
Essence Rend -
This spell is dark magic. Only one member of your team may use this spell each night. Destroys your target's soul. This spell kills your target.
Mana Barrier -
This spell is dark magic. 2-shot. Creates a shield against all spells on your target. This spell causes all spells cast at your target this phase to fail.
Spoiler: Dunnstral
Greetings, Dunnstral! Welcome to the Trial of the Evoker. You will play the role of
Lillian, of family Turner

all abilities are 1-shot
In addition:
You are
corrupted
Spellbook
Vote -
Wayward Curse -
A wandering curse which inflicts weakness to a wizard until it moves on. As long as this spell is in your spellbook, you will be hated and take one less vote to be lynched. This modifier will not function in LYLO. You must target a player to pass this curse on at the first opportunity.
Essence Rend -
Invade -
This spell is dark magic. Non-consecutive day use. Invade the mind of a target and learn what secrets they keep. This spell will inform you of all the spells your target has in their spell book.

I will keep your spellbooks below updated for your reference throughout the game.
BATORU's Spellbook
Vote -
Arcane Theft -
Day use, non-compulsive. Saps the arcane energies around a wizard, transferring them to the caster. This spell removes all spells, with the exception of dark magic and vote spells, from your target's spellbook and adds them to your own. This spell resolves at the
end
of the day phase; you may change your target intermittently during the day. You may only use this spell if you have no other abilities in your spellbook which would be eligible for theft.
Essence Rend -
Misdirection -
This spell is dark magic. 2-shot. Changes the direction of a casters' spell. This spell redirects all spells cast by one target this phase to a second target.
pisskop's Spellbook
Vote -
Essence Rend -
Mana Barrier -
This spell is dark magic. 2-shot. Creates a shield against all spells on your target. This spell causes all spells cast at your target this phase to fail.
Dunnstral's Spellbook (DEAD)
Vote -
Wayward Curse -
A wandering curse which inflicts weakness to a wizard until it moves on. As long as this spell is in your spellbook, you will be hated and take one less vote to be lynched. This modifier will not function in LYLO. You must target a player to pass this curse on at the first opportunity.
Daze -
Muddle your target's mind, interrupting whatever they're doing. This spell will block all spells cast by your target this phase.
Essence Rend -
Invade -
This spell is dark magic. Non-consecutive day use. Invade the mind of a target and learn what secrets they keep. This spell will inform you of all the spells your target has in their spell book.
Last edited by Nahdia on Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:55 pm, edited 9 times in total.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:33 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

OH BOY

pre-role pm hype
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:39 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Think I claim Wayward Curse at the start
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:39 pm

Post by pisskop »

Apparently I has this slot.

I R Wizard
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:40 pm

Post by pisskop »

Can you guys sit me down and explain who wat is happenin where?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:49 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

You're special in that you have

Arcane Awareness - You have an innate sense of the paths of arcane energies you come in contact with. You will always be informed of whomever targeted you when you are the target of a spell.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:50 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

you have a 2-shot shield that protects from spells

and a "prod" that alerts someone that a spell has ben used on them
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:53 pm

Post by JaeReed »

eyyy hey Dunn, pisskop.

yo nahds, can pisskop self-target with his shield thing?
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:55 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Batoru got a 2-shot redirector

and once during the night he can steal all of somebody elses non-dark magic (which is mostly or all us I'd reckon) and adds it to their own at the end of the day phase

p.editwait botaru is jaereed/impoetic hydra? AYYYY
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:56 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I have a non-consecutive role cop type ability

And the curse which makes me hated that I must pass on
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:01 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

@nahdia
just to understand some stuff, Invade is a night action right?

And can I use multiple "spells" at once? Such as essence rend, invade, and wayward curse all on the same night?
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:16 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 7, JaeReed wrote:eyyy hey Dunn, pisskop.

yo nahds, can pisskop self-target with his shield thing?
Good question. Nothing can self-target unless otherwise specified.
In post 10, Dunnstral wrote:
@nahdia
just to understand some stuff, Invade is a night action right?

And can I use multiple "spells" at once? Such as essence rend, invade, and wayward curse all on the same night?
Invade is a day action.

And yes, multiple spells can be used at once.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:18 pm

Post by Impoetic »

p.editwait botaru is jaereed/impoetic hydra? AYYYY
Heya, dunnstral! :mrgreen:
In post 8, Dunnstral wrote:and once during the night he can steal all of somebody elses non-dark magic (which is mostly or all us I'd reckon) and adds it to their own at the end of the day phase
Are we sure only scum have dark magic? I've yet to go back and check the theme again, but I'm not totally sure whether or not it's possible to wield it without being corrupted by it. I.e. not
everyone
would have it, but there could potentially be a few perma-PRs on town, since mafia starts out with both dark magic
and
rotating spells? Now that I say that it starts to seem less likely, but I feel I like there miiiiight be a possibility? Or there might not.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I'm pretty sure only scum have it. there's no third parties either

Important information: Non-dark-magic spells get absorbed by the person you use it on. This means "arcane theft" gets absorbed into whoever it's used on as a sort of swap. This means that you should only absorb when somebody is about to get lynched, or if we're going to night kill then. This also has GOOD SYNERGY with my invade aiblity, being able to find out what they have during the day

The only other thing (besides my curse) is prod, which should not be a big deal (if I'm understanding it correctly)
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by Impoetic »

On second thought, yeah, probably all/mostly us. The description of our wincon makes me think it'd be weird for town to have access to dark magic. Sorry for spazzing.

Ahhh this setup is so cool
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:24 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

How do I handle this curse?

What if I don't claim it, pass it on to scum, and then they claim it the next day, and town assumes the person who received the curse is town because they'd also assume who gave it is scum?

OR I can out it day 1 start and figure it out from there
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:41 pm

Post by Impoetic »

In post 13, Dunnstral wrote:I'm pretty sure only scum have it. there's no third parties either

Important information: Non-dark-magic spells get absorbed by the person you use it on. This means "arcane theft" gets absorbed into whoever it's used on as a sort of swap. This means that you should only absorb when somebody is about to get lynched, or if we're going to night kill then. This also has GOOD SYNERGY with my invade aiblity, being able to find out what they have during the day

The only other thing (besides my curse) is prod, which should not be a big deal (if I'm understanding it correctly)
ahhh yep. Alert probably indicates there are roles that have unexpected reactions to it, though, right?

Arcane theft is also a role we'd wanna use on one of you if we were getting lynched when you guys had (ostentatiously) negative spells like alert, but hopefully that won't come up too quickly.

As for curse, both seem like good ideas, but the latter probably gets more towncred overall? Not much of a preference here though.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:45 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Yeah I've been thinking about that curse. I was going to suggest passing it to one of us but it's just a really risky move. If someone tracks you to doing it then you'll need to be able to back it up with a sr on the slot, I think.

Aside from that, you might need to claim anyway. RVS wagons frequently get to L1.. I think it mostly depends on how the early game goes as to whether you should claim it or not?
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by Impoetic »

On second thought, I'm not sure we'd get towncred for having it passed to us; if we were semi-SRed, it could feasibly come from a town and we'd also be in danger because of it, and if we weren't, it wouldn't make sense for it to be passed to us in the first place.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by Impoetic »

"Us" being any of pisskop and jaereed and I. It could be a distancing maneuver if you claimed it
and
passed it to us, though.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:08 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 19, Impoetic wrote:It could be a distancing maneuver if you claimed it and passed it to us, though.
This is more what I'm thinking of that move as, yeah.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:11 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

fyi it can't steal dark spells

which is everything we have except teh curse that gets passed on, the prod thing, and that ability itself

so we'd have to be targetted by other spells

arcane awareness on pisskop is interesting because we'd normally know if we were targeted by something by getting that spell, so this implies that some things won't?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:14 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 18, Impoetic wrote:On second thought, I'm not sure we'd get towncred for having it passed to us; if we were semi-SRed, it could feasibly come from a town and we'd also be in danger because of it, and if we weren't, it wouldn't make sense for it to be passed to us in the first place.
If we weren't sr too heavily then that probably would make it likely to have either come from scum or uncertain town (in the event that they didn't know who they wanted to make hated so they passed it to someone who they thought would be better at making a choice...which rules out our slot because no one would expect me to have good reads or you to be particularly decisive I think :P no offense)
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:15 pm

Post by pisskop »

Can I pass on dark spells (such as shield) onto another person?

Like dunn?

if people are going to gain a spell used on them and know they were targeted, why bother with the fruit vendor spell (alert)?

i mean i have my own idea but im asking the grand theogonist
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:16 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 21, Dunnstral wrote:arcane awareness on pisskop is interesting because we'd normally know if we were targeted by something by getting that spell, so this implies that some things won't?
I think it's essentially self-watching.

So he'd get the ability to know what was used on him, and also be told who used it. Which is really helpful because we'd know what information town knows about him.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”