goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon
Location: Moe's Tavern Occupation: Bartender, Part-time Scumhunter

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by goborage »

No atm. If discussion starts to stagnate or we can't make a consensus vote then yes.
Well if you're so sure what it ain't, how about tellin' us what it am!
Dave
Dave
Townie
Dave
Townie
Townie

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 11:29 pm

Post by Dave »

I think the FBI Should claim, So yes
Dave Has Gone; he won't be returning either.
camisade
camisade
Goon
camisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 5:01 am

Post by camisade »

goborage wrote:No atm. If discussion starts to stagnate or we can't make a consensus vote then yes.
I agree with you here. As long as we hit either SK or Mafia today then we're still in good shape right? But SK would be better.
Andycyca
Andycyca
Gets To Kill All Spammers
Andycyca

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 5:21 am

Post by Andycyca »

Vote Count:

Sethaniel- 1 (JDodge)

Not voting (5): goborage, Dave, Sethaniel, camisade, Ythill

4 to lynch.

Strike count

[mrow]Player[col]Strikes camisade[col] Dave[col] goborage[col] JDodge[col]X Sethaniel[col]X Ythill[col]
Last edited by Andycyca on Sun May 04, 2008 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by JDodge »

Mod: I unvoted and voted Sethaniel
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Sethaniel
Sethaniel
Goon
Sethaniel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 2:27 pm

Post by Sethaniel »

logic is more and more becoming a failing point in mafia
qft

I'm really sick of all the math-based arguments.

WIFOM, WIFOM, yeah, I know. I'm starting to feel like every time I say anything, this game or any other, someone jumps all over me with a "your stupid WIFOM argument is so pointless." Whether it's WIFOM or not, at least I'm still posting.

(Why "thankfully" anyway, Ythill?)

So, JD, psychoanalytically, you think I'm scum? Mafia or SK? If mafia, with whom?

@Ythill: I think what I meant was, it seems as if, since you advocate so strongly, if you were the FBI, you would have claimed, unless you investigated Jenter.

Why do I get the feeling that this push for everyone to clarify their stance re: FBI claim is possibly a gambit?
Whether you say I'm an evil genius, or you call me a lucky lurker and blame the town, the fact remains that two townies voted to lynch a claimed cop with a guilty result in lylo. -- Newbie 593
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 5:35 pm

Post by Ythill »

Seth wrote:(Why "thankfully" anyway, Ythill?)
Because it means you haven't revealed any important information.
Seth wrote:@Ythill: I think what I meant was, it seems as if, since you advocate so strongly, if you were the FBI, you would have claimed, unless you investigated Jenter.
Or I could have advocated strongly without claiming to hide my identity. Like I said, WIFOM. Sorry you hear that so much, but it's true.
cam wrote:But SK would be better.
Which is why the FBI should claim IMO, but I'll follow consensus. So far we are 3:2 in favor of a claim. In a matter this important, a tie should go to not claiming, so I guess it's all up to Seth.
Seth wrote:...this push for everyone to clarify their stance re: FBI claim is possibly a gambit?
I just want to know where everyone stands on this issue. Also, since I'm supporting a claim, I want to see if there is majority support. I can see how it could be construed as a gambit, but it would only work as one in extremely specific circumstances and, even then, it wouldn't accomplish a whole lot.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 1:57 am

Post by Ythill »

Hellllloooooo???
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 5:00 am

Post by Andycyca »

Strike time.

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 5:06 am

Post by Andycyca »

Camisade: Sun May 04, 2008 10:01 am
Goborage: Sat May 03, 2008 10:42 pm
JDodge: Sun May 04, 2008 5:06 pm
Sethaniel: Sun May 04, 2008 7:27 pm
Ythill: Tue May 06, 2008 6:57 am
No prods yet

goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 6:10 am

Post by goborage »

I was hoping JD was going to post his case against Seth.

Anyways I'm in agreement that Ythill's "poll" could be a gambit. Based on people's reactions to the plan the SK could probably pick out who is or isn't the FBI.
camisade
camisade
Goon
camisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 9:18 am

Post by camisade »

Ythill wrote:
cam wrote:But SK would be better.
Which is why the FBI should claim IMO, but I'll follow consensus. So far we are 3:2 in favor of a claim. In a matter this important, a tie should go to not claiming, so I guess it's all up to Seth.
I don't think that a consensus vote should make the FBI want to claim anyway. The only person that really has a say in this decision is the FBI agent. 3 of the people still in this game are not acting with the best intentions of the town in mind, and whichever way those people vote can greatly affect the outcome of the consensus. So I wouldn't really say it's all up to Seth.
Sethaniel
Sethaniel
Goon
Sethaniel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by Sethaniel »

cam wrote: I don't think that a consensus vote should make the FBI want to claim anyway. . . 3 of the people still in this game are not acting with the best intentions of the town in mind, and whichever way those people vote can greatly affect the outcome of the consensus.
qft

What is this vote really going to do for the town? FBI is under no obligation to abide by it.

I think it's most likely going to be used later as evidence towards the lynch. Either "he voted for FBI claim, so he's SK" or "he didn't vote for FBI claim, so he's Mafia" or "he wouldn't vote, so he's scum of some sort. . ."
Whether you say I'm an evil genius, or you call me a lucky lurker and blame the town, the fact remains that two townies voted to lynch a claimed cop with a guilty result in lylo. -- Newbie 593
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 1:16 am

Post by JDodge »

I'm not going to post my case until Seth answers Ythill's question of whether or not the FBI agent should claim.
camisade wrote:I don't think that a consensus vote should make the FBI want to claim anyway.
In which case whomever is actually the FBI agent should kill themselves for not following the requests of the town.
If you are a town powerrole, you are obligated to follow the consensus of the town regarding your role actions. Not doing so is acting directly counter to the best interests of the town as a whole as determined by the town itself.

camisade wrote:The only person that really has a say in this decision is the FBI agent. 3 of the people still in this game are not acting with the best intentions of the town in mind, and whichever way those people vote can greatly affect the outcome of the consensus.
3 of the people are not acting with the best intentions of the town, correct. But it is fallacious to use that as an argument as there is only one person in the town acting with the best intentions of the SK - scum wants to get rid of the SK as much as the town does, and frankly it doesn't matter for them to keep the FBI Agent alive.
Sethaniel wrote:What is this vote really going to do for the town? FBI is under no obligation to abide by it.
Because the FBI agent claiming will help us find the SK, which is definitely *goodplaying*. Already covered the first part.
Sethaniel wrote:I think it's most likely going to be used later as evidence towards the lynch. Either "he voted for FBI claim, so he's SK" or "he didn't vote for FBI claim, so he's Mafia" or "he wouldn't vote, so he's scum of some sort. . ."
How is this in any way a negative? It's almost as if you
want
our lynch choice to be less informed.
stream

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 6:26 am

Post by Ythill »

QFT (all of JD's #313).
cam wrote:3 of the people still in this game are not acting with the best intentions of the town in mind...
Are you suggesting that we forego the lynch, because scum will inevitably vote? Town comprises a majority faction at this point. Acting as a team will allow us to win this game, it will also help us to discover those who would manipulate our consensus for illicit gain.
gob wrote:Based on people's reactions to the plan the SK could probably pick out who is or isn't the FBI.
I'm openly and proactively supporting a FBI claim. What you say is true and presents a risk to the town, but the course of action I'm pursuing makes that risk moot.
Seth wrote:I think it's most likely going to be used later as evidence towards the lynch.
You are absolutely right. I will use whatever information we have gathered in this thread to lynch the bad guys and I hope that, if you are town, you will do the same. I don't believe that someone's opinion in this matter, by itself, will provide inscrutible evidence of alignment, but it will certainly help. As will considering the manner in which that opinion was presented.

What bothers me about your play, Seth, is that you obviously thought revealing the FBI was a good idea. You demonstrated this by attempting a WIFOM process of elimination to narrow down the possibilities. But when it was clearly stated that an FBI claim would narrow down the SK possibilities in the same way, you balked.

Note that everyone except Seth has explicitly stated that they believe a claim would help. The only difference in opinion is whether we should go ahead with it now, or as a last resort. If he's the SK, Seth's sweating now because everyone else knows that an FBI claim will make it much easier to catch him and, even if he's not caught, offer a chance of forcing him to no-kill.

He therefore can't support the claim. But neither can he vote against it, because his earlier actions don't jibe with that line of thinking.

Gob (my other SK suspect) was the one who brought up this idea today when he was of the opinion that it would help find
mafia
, but he's now balked as well, saying that we should go through with the plan at some vague future time if things don't work as well as we'd like. His statement is ambivalent and dangerously subjective, but I don't think it's as suggestive of alignment as Seth's actions.

It's interesting that both had a hand in initiating this (gob by starting the conversation and Seth with his process of elimination) but both are now of the belief that my attempt to include everyone in the decision is a gambit.

@ Seth: All I'm asking for is your "yes" or "no" on claiming now. You keep posting arguments that imply that opinion, and I don't see the townie benefit to keeping it vague. So please answer now. Last chance before I consider this a hung jury and move on.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Sethaniel
Sethaniel
Goon
Sethaniel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 8:17 am

Post by Sethaniel »

Ythill wrote: You demonstrated this by attempting a WIFOM process of elimination to narrow down the possibilities. But when it was clearly stated that an FBI claim would narrow down the SK possibilities in the same way, you balked.
Really? Huh. I hadn't thought of it that way.

I was getting a definite vibe that no matter which way I voted, certain people were going to use that as evidence that I was scum.

Of course, damned if you do and damned if you don't, right? Refusing to vote also singles me out for attack.

I vote yes on FBI claim.

Honestly, my top suspect for SK is gob.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 9:09 am

Post by Ythill »

Thanks for being explicit, Seth. Of course the question of why you leaned both ways is still valid, but I think it takes a back seat to the result of your vote.

Consensus is settled @ 4:2 in favor of the claim, with the only dissent questioning the timing. On behalf of the majority, I'm asking the FBI to claim at this time
unless you investigated Jenter

Once the FBI names his investigation result, we will have a pool of four folks to select our SK lynch from. Just for the chance of showing off, I'm going to guess that the investigation target was JD.

And you were right Seth, I'm not the FBI.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 3:08 pm

Post by JDodge »

Not it. Have a good idea of who it is.
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 3:09 pm

Post by JDodge »

Also, seth gains major town points for that last post.

Unvote, vote: camisade

Best lead at the moment. Will post case later, don't wait up for me, blah blah blah.
stream

goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 5:39 pm

Post by goborage »

Why are you guys claiming right now? Ythill you just said that the FBI shouldn't claim if he investigated Jenter. What if the FBI did investigate Jenter? By claiming you guys are making it easier for SK to find FBI.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by Ythill »

@ gob: Oh yeah... sorry: brain fart. You're totally right.

Now I'm
really
hoping he didn't investigate Jenter.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 7:16 pm

Post by JDodge »

I'm following through with my massclaim plan from ages ago. What are you doing?
stream

camisade
camisade
Goon
camisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by camisade »

I didn't want to do this because I didn't see the point unless me or the person I investigated last night came under suspicion for being the SK because that way my identity wouldn't be revealed and we would have still have the same chance of catching the SK. I'm the FBI agent. Last night I had to investigate JDodge, of course. I got an innocent read, doesn't mean he isn't mafia though. I hope I'm making the right decision by claiming.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 1:04 pm

Post by Ythill »

Unless we get a counter-claim (which we shouldn't), the SK suspects have now been narrowed down to Dave, gob, Seth, and myself.

Dave's playstyle would be counter-productive to SK. Of course y'all don't know I'm not the SK, but I do. As I said earlier, my suspects are Seth or gob.

Since cam is town and I still believe JD is town, it comes down to which of the SK suspects I think is acting more like mafia and my pick would have to be Seth. Which means gob is the SK. Interesting little preemptive defense in #319, huh?

vote: goborage
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 1:07 pm

Post by JDodge »

Ythill wrote:Unless we get a counter-claim (which we shouldn't), the SK suspects have now been narrowed down to Dave, gob, Seth, and myself.
Unvote, vote: Ythill

No legitimate reason to clear me.

now, demonstrate a clear link between Dave and Seth. Go go go.
stream

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”