Mafia 23: Siege of San Quida - Game over!

sycko999
sycko999
Goon
sycko999
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:47 am

Post by sycko999 »

Well I guess to get things moving.
Vote: Spork
[color=green][size=75]"Only now, do you realize the folly of your follies. Prepare for oblivion, for which there is no preparation!" - O'Malley.[/size][/color]
meaning of life 42
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
Ritalin Boi

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:37 am

Post by meaning of life 42 »

i still wanna play too, just i have school and have Drivers Ed. right after it untill 6 o'clock. then on Tues. and Thurs. i have martial arts practice from 6:30 till 8:30ish. but i just finished drivers Ed. today, so i should be around more often then i was before. and
vote: spork
because i think pressuring some people will get them back into the game. if not, we can always get one of you sk'ers to take them out. it's almost like your doing the town's dirty work. i think we might be turning scummy if we do that. LOL.

LETS GET THIS GAME ROLLING AGAIN! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
sycko999
sycko999
Goon
sycko999
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:43 am

Post by sycko999 »

Well most of us have claimed, what about the rest? Corsato, Flying Dutchman, Cubsfan4life and MOL haven't claimed. Correct me if I'm wrong.
[color=green][size=75]"Only now, do you realize the folly of your follies. Prepare for oblivion, for which there is no preparation!" - O'Malley.[/size][/color]
meaning of life 42
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
Ritalin Boi

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:48 am

ok, i guess i should role claim. i'm just a basic Townie, i don't have any night actions, i win when all anti-town roles are dead. that's all. so........................yeah. now we just need Corsato, Flydutchman and Cubsfan4life to role claim. correct me and i'll correct sycko if me/he's wrong. :mrgreen:
Cubsfan4life
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
A guy can dream, right?

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:57 am

Post by Cubsfan4life »

Cubsfan4life has claimed townie already.
I really need to find a good quote

89-73... an improvement if you look at it that way.
spork76
spork76
I didn't get a role.
spork76
I didn't get a role.
I didn't get a role.

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:02 pm

Post by spork76 »

K I'll protect Tigris Tonight
meaning of life 42
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
Ritalin Boi

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:21 pm

wait, why the are heck are me and Sycko voting for Spork? if he's good and he can protect, why are we voting for him? i
unvote, and vote: FD
, since he's one of the few people who havn't role claimed and that seems scummy to me. also, just about everyone thats posting right now is good, and they havn't role claimed or posted so.........................yeah....................ok. :mrgreen:
sycko999
sycko999
Goon
sycko999
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:27 pm

Post by sycko999 »

Corsato hasn't claimed either.
Unvote: Spork Vote:FD
now it's time to put pressure on the non claimers.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:29 pm

Post by Tigris »

*sigh* It's strange, ultimatums seem to increase the post count considerably. Anyhows, FD and Corsato seem to not be posting a terribly large amount anywhere right now, but perhaps I'm mistaken.

The optimal strategy is actually fairly easily figured out. There are 8 people remaining, thus 3 lynches remain (if there are no doc saves), this is regardless of whether we have a no lynch mixed in there as well. In all likelihood, the sk's target (if no one is lying) must be spork, then myself, then yoko, leaving 1-5 for investigations/lynches. If there is an abnormality in that, it goes a long way to proving that someone is lying.
Today: no lynch
night: spork protects me, I protect Yoko, yoko investigates 1, spork dies
day 2: lynch 2
night 2: I protect Yoko, Yoko investigates 3, I die
day 3: lynch 4, the game shoudl be done at that point as everyone will have been investigated (Yoko already has one investigation).

This also protects against Yoko lying as it would be readily apparent if day 4 occurs (as both the godfather and the accomplice are dead).
unvote: spork, vote: no lynch
Cubsfan4life
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
A guy can dream, right?

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:37 pm

Post by Cubsfan4life »

Vote: No Lynch
then.

meaning of life 42
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
Ritalin Boi

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:40 pm

i don't know about this........................i'm note sure...........................................but then again..........................that could bring us there........................................and we would win.........................ahhhh..................what the hey.............
vote no lynch
. but under one condition. who ever can investigate this comming night is to investigate FD. he's really the only one we don't know about, and i have a feeling he is the biggest threat to all of us. :mrgreen:
sycko999
sycko999
Goon
sycko999
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:47 pm

Post by sycko999 »

Unvote:fd Vote: No Lynch
I agree with Tigris.
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:26 pm

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Cubsfan4life -------------------------------------- Townie
meaning of life 42 (replacing mlaker) ---------- Townie
sycko999 (replacing KingEnigma) --------------- Retired Thief $80,000 pay back to town
Yoko Kurama --------------------------------------- Cop
Tigris ------------------------------------------------ Doc?
spork76 (replacing NanookTheWolf)--------------- Doc?

Flying Dutchman (replacing gashlycrumb)-------3 Posts Toal May Need replaced
Corsato (replacing discer)-------------------------Mentioned Mass Claim may be our only chance but was reluctant to claim

Before we carry on the no lynch I would like corsato and FD to claim. If we are going to go through with this (which I will voice my opinion of it is a sec) then I would at least want to know the claims made and whom I should investigate.

I find your logic full of holes tigris. First you assume everyone believes you are a doc and spork is what he says he is. That is not a good assumption to make. Why push this game so hard lets finish our claims then go from their.

If both of you are docs then shouldn't you protect each other assuming there is one scum left if you lynched of everyone but yourselves then the scum would be the remaining after it gets down to three. I of course would have been killed already in that scenario.

My theory goes like this.

There are 8 people left. Two are claimed docs.
We lynch someone of my choice today and we are left with 7 people.
1 of the docs dies tommorrow we are left with six.
Assuming worst case we didn't lynch scum and I didn't investigate scum we are left with enough claimed innocents to put the suspects to two. We kill those two and the game is over town wins. Any flaw to that?
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:37 pm

Post by Tigris »

Ordinarilly, I don't bother with quoting myself from the same page, but what the hay.
Tigris wrote:In all likelihood, the sk's target (if no one is lying) must be spork, then myself, then yoko, leaving 1-5 for investigations/lynches. If there is an abnormality in that, it goes a long way to proving that someone is lying.
<snip>

This also protects against Yoko lying as it would be readily apparent if day 4 occurs (as both the godfather and the accomplice are dead).
I don't assume that everyone believes spork or myself. If the mafia somehow manages to kill either myself or you without the person prior to them in the order dying, then it's pretty obvious that someone was lying. As to why I wouldn't advocate spork and myself protecting each other, well I don't trust him to be telling the truth. If either spork or myself is lying and we use that plan (spork and myself protecting each other) then the town loses, simple as that. Now tell me where were my other holes?

Flaws in Yoko's logic-So what happens if he's scum? Town would probably lose. If I'm scum, town will still likely lose. I kill sycko tonight, then whomever Yoko investigates the following night. That leaves Yoko, spork, one other (investigated), and myself. I'll take my chances in that scenario quite happily.

Actually, I did change my mind on one thing. I'll protect sycko tonight, protecting a doc at this point is useless, and leave protecting Yoko to spork. At this point, sycko is the only confirmed innocent. There is one possible way for the mafia to get to the final three under my plan, but they would have to be one of either Yoko, spork, or myself and it would take much more then some luck.

As for waiting, why? Oh so that other people can claim, what's the point in that again? All that it does is reveals Corsato and FD's role to the mafia, that's it. And it gives them time to return, so if they are the remaining scum they have a higher chance of getting a kill in, why allow that? I take my advantages where I can get them. If they're mafia/sk they can just claim townie and we are left with nothing to go off of. If however they have a helpful role such as vigilante or the like, keeping that a secret gives the town an edge.

What it essentially comes down to is this. Why lynch someone today when it will have no adverse effects to wait for tomorrow? There should be one less potential mafia member and one more investigation with the same number of lynches we currently have. This is bad for the town how?
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:46 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

I was away last week, sorry about that.

I'm a vigilante. I haven't used my ability yet, but it may be a good idea to start using it tonight, to reduce the number of players once again. For now Corsato is likely to be my target, as he's the one that hasn't claimed yet.

I think our situation is so good that it doesn't matter much if we lynch or no-lynch.

Vote: No Lynch
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:20 am

Post by Dasquian »

Wow, posting sure picked up! :) Votes now stand at:

Flying Dutchman - 1 (meaning of life 42)
No lynch - 4 (Tigris, Cubsfan4life, sycko999, Flying Dutchman)
Not voting - 3 (Yoko Kurama, spork76, Corsato)

Five to lynch.

meaning of life 42's vote for no lynch in post 335 was ignored because he didn't unvote first - sorry, but I've already been strict about this so far in the game and I'm not going to be inconsistant, especially when it might result in the day ending ;)
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
meaning of life 42
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
Ritalin Boi

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:01 am

ohh, sry. i forgot to unvote. so what do you say guys? should i vote no lynch, or are we waiting for Corsato and FD to role claim? Let me know and i'll do it
meaning of life 42
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
Ritalin Boi

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:13 am

ok,
unvote FD. Vote: No Lynch.
. this better work! :mrgreen:
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:18 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

If I die tonight you better be smart enough to lynch tigris.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:57 am

Post by Dasquian »

No lynch - 5 (Tigris, Cubsfan4life, sycko999, Flying Dutchman, meaning of life 42)
Not voting - 3 (Yoko Kurama, spork76, Corsato)

Being one of the more peaceful bad-guy-infested Sicilian towns, San Quida ends another day with no bloodshed. Years from now, people will look back on Day 6 as "the day no one died, that was a great day!".

It is
NIGHT
again, please send me your night choices! Deadline is 72 hours from now, Tuesday 9pm BST (GMT+1).
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:17 am

Post by Dasquian »

Another day, another cadaver - the blood-stained body of Corsato is found in his backyard after his failure to turn up at the town meeting - though it appears that much, indeed, all of the blood is from a single bullet wound in the centre of his forehead.

Corsato was just a plain ole'
Townie

It's
DAY
again, and with seven of you still alive, four votes are required to secure a lynch.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
sycko999
sycko999
Goon
sycko999
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:08 pm

Post by sycko999 »

Did you investagate FD Yoko?
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:21 pm

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Why yes I did. Might I ask how you knew?
Or was it a guess?
Vote-FD
spork76
spork76
I didn't get a role.
spork76
I didn't get a role.
I didn't get a role.

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:23 pm

Post by spork76 »

vote fd
Cubsfan4life
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
A guy can dream, right?

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:43 pm

Post by Cubsfan4life »

Sounds good.

Vote: Flying Dutchman

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”