Micro 839: Two-in-One (its over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (isolation #0) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:16 am

Post by Persivul »

Unfortunately I'm very busy at work today and tomorrow. I should be available Saturday.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #46 (isolation #1) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:12 am

Post by Persivul »

Got a little break...
In post 3, Irrelephant11 wrote:
1 vote: Persivul

2 vote: Persivul

Hello again!
Still salty? :P We did end up winning you know...
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #47 (isolation #2) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:26 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 25, Irrelephant11 wrote:Let’s say you’re 100% certain that xyzzy/Pine is a scumteam, and you’re also 100% sure Taly/maki are a scumteam.
How did you reach that conclusion?

You're probably scum reading them for pushing low hanging fruit, making opportunistic votes, etc. Those things are specific to particular games. xyzzy/pine are probably doing those things in their scum game, but not doing them in their town game.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:33 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 35, Taly wrote:Elsa and Irrelephant current interactions give me "eh" vibes.
I'd say meh vibes for Irrelephant.

For Elsa, it read townie - natural and well-reasoned. That surprised me, because last game we played, almost every post he made pinged me, and he made blatant setup errors. I was expecting more of the same here.

OTOH, he flipped town in that last game. And I should note that I replaced in like 80 pages into that one.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #49 (isolation #4) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:38 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 27, Pine wrote: So hey y'all. I'm doing a new thing this game. I'm a VT/VT. Discuss.
The only town motivation to declare that would be to play D1 wifom bullshit like A50 does.

I like lynching A50 early. :P

VOTE: 1 Pine
VOTE: 2 Pine
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (isolation #5) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:28 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 71, Elsa Jay wrote:Pine, how do you feel about xyzzy and persival putting you at L-2 in both games at once for you claiming early?
How do
you
feel about it?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #75 (isolation #6) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:31 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 74, Elsa Jay wrote: Ahh, the old "I know you are but what am I?" Trick. Amazing skillset to have.
Why do you characterize it that way instead of giving an honest answer to a question which you apparently believe to be of some significance?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #100 (isolation #7) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:25 am

Post by Persivul »

Idea: we play this as 2 separate games. All posts for now are on one game. We set our own deadline for that game. Then we move on to the other with the mod's deadline.

Thoughts?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (isolation #8) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:04 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 18, Elsa Jay wrote:A confirmed townie being able to offer input in a game they are dead in is invaluable even if they cant vote, fuzzy. Why get rid of the unique mechanic like that?
There's nothing special about the reads of a dead person.

If this were true, tree stumps would just stump D1. They generally don't do that.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (isolation #9) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:11 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 42, Pine wrote:Yeah, but...Townpings from me ought to be viewed with suspicion. Just sayin'.
Why is that?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (isolation #10) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:14 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 37, Taly wrote:
In post 27, Pine wrote:BEHOLD IT IS I, PINE, IN MY FIRST GAME IN LIKE SIX MONTHS

So hey y'all. I'm doing a new thing this game. I'm a VT/VT. Discuss.
Town pings.
Why town pings for an unnecessary claim?

If he's lying, that's scummy. If he's telling the truth, he narrowed down the NK pool in setups which likely rely heavily on PRs.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (isolation #11) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:19 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 50, Taly wrote:Yeah, I like the reasoning he gave, but then the same type of thing I felt odd about Irrelephant doing, I saw in Elsa's post. (filtered banter, quick back and forth with an equally quick end)
It's early. That seems pretty normal to me. No offense, but I find your in-depth posts to be weird this early.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (isolation #12) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:28 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 52, Taly wrote:
@Persivul
specifically

Do you think double-voting/double-lynching is a valid approach with the stated discussion so far?
Double voting at this point? Sure. There haven't been wagons enough to differentiate one game from the other. And, it will be difficult to have wagons with Elsa throwing shade at people for putting a second vote on someone.

Maybe we should use FOSs and keep our own VCs, because there apparently won't be wagons to analyze.
And does D1 WIFOM = scum here?
It could. I don't see the town motivation. Like I said, A50 likes to pull D1 shit. I find it PL worthy in general, but at least in larger games, there's more time to rectify a mistake. Here, Pine is throwing confusion into setups that could be in lylo on D2. At best his claim is anti-town, and we don't have time to absorb that kind of shit.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #111 (isolation #13) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:31 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 57, Elsa Jay wrote:For the next 3-5. Irl days, I'm going to mainly focus on voting in Bird 7p.
Why Bird? Mod repeatedly listed Carbon first. Seems like that one would naturally be the first focused on.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (isolation #14) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:34 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 58, Irrelephant11 wrote:I don’t feel as strongly as FA about what “ideal play” is here but I think Pine makes good points about how separating the lynches will make it harder to hit scum
When the setup only provides for one mislynch, we can't be basing lynches on statistics.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (isolation #15) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:35 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 60, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 47, Persivul wrote:
In post 25, Irrelephant11 wrote:Let’s say you’re 100% certain that xyzzy/Pine is a scumteam, and you’re also 100% sure Taly/maki are a scumteam.
How did you reach that conclusion?

You're probably scum reading them for pushing low hanging fruit, making opportunistic votes, etc. Those things are specific to particular games. xyzzy/pine are probably doing those things in their scum game, but not doing them in their town game.
??
I was talking about hypothetical teams for a hypothetical scenario
Yes, and I'm pointing out that you don't just hypothetically get to a read. If you consider the ways people get to reads, you answer your own issue.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (isolation #16) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:39 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 63, Elsa Jay wrote:Atleast it seems my "1 game at a time" idea worked out. Funally enough, we get 2 weeks total, so the first week is with the ever so slightly more complicated Bird 7p. We'll have next week to lynch in Carbon.
Scratch my question on this. I'm not sure how the one is slightly more complicated, but you do have some kind of reason.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (isolation #17) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:42 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 70, Pine wrote:Nope, not the only reason
Hey, I've got an idea - you could actually, you know...explain the reason.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (isolation #18) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:45 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 81, Irrelephant11 wrote:I also think Persivul’s “meh” read on me is B
After our last meeting you should be happy with "meh."
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (isolation #19) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:52 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 86, Irrelephant11 wrote:Persivul please explain your read on me
I said that, after you had one conversation with another person, I was "meh," i.e. null, on you. Your repeated requests for an explanation of my read feels forced - like you're scum paranoid that you don't look townie enough, and you want to know why so you can correct it.

C14: Unvote

B7: Unvote

B7: FOS Irrelephant
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (isolation #20) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:03 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 94, Taly wrote:also pers, i wanna know what game about elsa you meant originally (and your reads there and here) if you are able to discuss it
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=77677

I came in on page 93. Elsa was a town Ninja Lawyer. The main thing that bugged me about him was that he had claimed without need, on the grounds that he was basically a miller. Ninja Lawyer was useless for town, but it is in no way a miller. He made a couple other setup errors as well. Worst of all, he self-hammered as town with no reason that that would benefit town. I reported him for playing against wincon, but I guess they didn't do anything.

So:
- I just don't like playing with the guy.
- He seems to be playing a better (i.e. different) game here, which makes me consider that he might be more careful in his thoughts as scum
- BUT, in these setups we don't have the luxury of PLs, so I have to be careful my read is influenced as little as possible by the first point.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (isolation #21) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:06 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 97, Maki Harukawa wrote:Can we try to get out of all the mech talk now.
Says the person who's done nothing but mech talk, and precious little of that.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (isolation #22) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:09 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 107, Pine wrote:In my experience, laying out strict dichotomies like this usually indicates a flawed model. Your assumption is "I wouldn't do that as Town, so therefore a false claim must be scum." Well I ain't you, mate.
Call me old school. I understand that Lynch All Liars has gone out of fashion, but I think that's a mistake.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (isolation #23) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:10 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 108, Pine wrote:Agreed. Not necessarily scummy, though, Taly does this.
I figured as much. I'm going to do some meta on him to verify eventually.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (isolation #24) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:02 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 130, Taly wrote: Your push on
Irrelephant
thus far seems focused around his read on you...
Not at all. I'm not even sure what his read on me is, would need to go back and check. I'm suspicious of him because he's so concerned about
my
read on
him
. As I clearly said.
Also, I don't know what meeting you've had with
Irrelepehant
before, but is dismissive of him.
In our last game, we were both town, and I led a push on him and got him lynched. He was kinda pissed about it, but we kissed and made up afterward. :P
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (isolation #25) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:30 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 238, Irrelephant11 wrote:I didn’t make you do anything, I was only the second vote
That's bullshit. Your vote was the second post after the VC. You knew it was L-1, didn't announce it, and now deny prompting the claim.

VOTE: B7: Irrelephant
VOTE: C14: Elsa

p-edit: you realized your mistake and are now trying to save face.

Happy New Year everyone! :D
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (isolation #26) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:24 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 253, Elsa Jay wrote:Pers, I know Doctor - Scum is a possibility, but what makes you think it's the case?
Because I think you're scummy, but I believe your doctor claim in B7. That leaves C14. Assuming no CC in B7, someone else will be lynched there, which is what you've wanted - 2 different lynches. I don't buy your position that you're an auto NK tonight. If I were scum in that setup, I'd be much more concerned about the cop than the doc. All your claim does is narrow down the cop pool for them. Regarding your claim I tried to hammer, note the p-edit. I had an FOS in for you, saw his unvote, and changed to a vote. I was well aware of the unvote. Pressure needs to stay on - we have about 3.5 days to come to TWO lynches.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (isolation #27) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:28 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 260, Irrelephant11 wrote:Elsa can you explain why you think Pine will be cc’ing your doctor claim D2,
given your certainty you will be nightkilled
?
In post 261, Elsa Jay wrote:That's the point: if I'm alive and he's alive, scum may be able to get away with having him CC me tommorow with how much shade he just threw on me. I've never been a strong PR, I'll admit that. But I'm trying here.

So yeah, I'm not letting him get away with possibly claiming doctor tommorow just to WIFOM the kill and say I'm the scum claiming doctor for a CC. He point blank mentioned possibly even voting me anyway. On an un'CC'd doctor
No one's going to buy a next day CC. That's ridiculous. In this setup a doc would be thrilled to be able to CC you D1.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (isolation #28) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:32 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 254, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 253, Elsa Jay wrote:For all intents and purposes, I think Pers just tried to hammer me in Carbon but Ele unvoted.
Wow I didn’t even notice that at first! I think you’re definitely right
In post 255, Irrelephant11 wrote:
C14 vote: Persivul
1. As noted, my p-edit shows I knew I wasn't hammering.

2. Even if you thought I was, you of all people shouldn't see that as sus after our last game. Do you remember writing a post in a mafia discussion thread about quick hammers in which you noted that I skillfully used a quick hammer as town, it led to a scum lynch the next day, and we went on to win the game?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (isolation #29) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:33 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 264, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 240, Pine wrote:I’m kinda thinking the Doctor claim is fake, meant to draw the real Doc into CC’ing. No counters, please.
Then why does this post and his next set up suspicoun for him to do that very thing?
Because he's scum, or needs a remedial Mafia 101 class. Which do you think it is?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (isolation #30) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:33 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 271, Maki Harukawa wrote:That c14 vote count is something alright. No comment
Maybe if you actually put up a vote... We are down to ~3 days you know. Feel free to actually take a stand.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (isolation #31) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:19 pm

Post by Persivul »

Yet you aren't. You seem to be content to just bide your time until deadline necessitates/excuses action.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (isolation #32) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:49 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 285, Taly wrote:
In post 246, Persivul wrote:
In post 238, Irrelephant11 wrote:I didn’t make you do anything, I was only the second vote
That's bullshit. Your vote was the second post after the VC. You knew it was L-1, didn't announce it, and now deny prompting the claim.

VOTE: B7: Irrelephant
VOTE: C14: Elsa

p-edit: you realized your mistake and are now trying to save face.

Happy New Year everyone! :D
I don't completely buy the "p-edited so I knew it wasn't the hammer".
Why not?

The p-edit shows I was aware of the post. The post contained an unvote which I indirectly referenced in saying he was trying to save face. How in the world could you conclude that I thought I was hammering there?
Did you go back in your post and place a vote just because
Irrelephant
unvoted?
Yes. I initially had an FOS there. I use them sometimes, as in .
Otherwise, you intentionally tried to hammer
Elsa
in C14, or you're voting
Irrelephant
in B7 for the same mistake you made by misreading VC.

I don't like either option.
I don't like that you're accusing me of intentionally trying to hammer someone when the vote post itself shows that I was aware of the unvote. You're (collective you, you're not alone) not considering motivation. The p-edit proves I knew it wasn't hammer. If I were scum trying to sneak in a quick hammer, upon noticing the unvote, I would have completely removed the vote. As town wanting to keep pressure up, I changed the FOS to a vote. Do you realize that we don't have much time left? Do you think your lone vote in 1 game and no vote in another are helping town?
I also don't get the auto-vote on
Elsa
in C14 here.
You're casting shade in saying "auto" here and later. Why do you term it that way? Not everyone wall posts you know.
You note in your recent posts that they're scummy, but prior to your VLA you had a slight townread on him.

What changed there?
- casts shade at me and pine for having the nerve to vote someone to L-2. I mean WTF, in a 7p that's two votes.
- dodges my reasonable question
- casts shade at irrel for being gone for a whopping 20 hours
Page 10 - I think pine's wrong that the doc claim is fake (real doc would simply CC in this setup), but I don't see the scum motivation for it, and I think Elsa's charge that he's planning on a D2 CC is ridiculous. Elsa notes correctly in that "If you don't cc day 1 now you will not be believed tommorow," but then continues to scare monger in the next post: "
Nobody shades a PR that much.
Like i said, he's getting ready to CC it day 2. Don't let him do that." Look at the bolded. We're playing two games. A person can be PR in one and scum in the other. Elsa is trying to ride the doc claim in BOTH games.

So...why do you town read Elsa?

And why is
Irrelephant
auto-scum for misreading a VC? You also disregard his post as
"he's covering up as scum" IN
the p-edit. Both of these votes feel forced and arguably opportunistic.
Again, why do you characterize it as "auto"? I FOS'd Irrel back in 117, yet you're acting as if I made a snap change in read here.
Also, judging by your votes, I'm guessing you think
Pine
isn't scum by your questioning in ?
They town read me but not in a buddying way, and their read on Elsa aligns with mine. So, no, I don't scum read them.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #304 (isolation #33) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:55 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 300, Irrelephant11 wrote:
C14 vote: Maki

@everyone we have less than a day
Are you sheeping Taly, or do you have separate reasons?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (isolation #34) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:33 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 294, Elsa Jay wrote:My life is flashing before my eyes in c14. I know assassins are also coming for me in B7. Someone save me.
Previously you were expecting to be alive tomorrow in B7 and facing a D2 CC. What changed?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #310 (isolation #35) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:48 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 283, Errantparabola wrote:
Votecount 1.8

C14

Elsa Jay
(3): xyzzy, Pine, Persivul
Persivul
(2): Irrelephant11, Elsa Jay
Maki Harukawa
(1): Taly

No Lynch
(1): Maki Harukawa
Not Voting
(0):

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to achieve majority.

--

B7

Irrelephant11
(2): Persivul, xyzzy
xyzzy
(2): Maki Harukawa, Irrelephant11
Pine
(1): Elsa Jay

Not Voting
(2): Pine, Taly

Deadline in (expired on 2019-01-04 17:37:00)
Irrel votes Maki in C14
Taly votes Pine in B7

C14

Elsa Jay
(3): xyzzy, Pine, Persivul
Persivul
(1): Elsa Jay
Maki Harukawa
(2): Taly, Irrelephant11

No Lynch
(1): Maki Harukawa
Not Voting
(0):

--

B7

Irrelephant11
(2): Persivul, xyzzy
xyzzy
(2): Maki Harukawa, Irrelephant11
Pine
(2): Elsa Jay, Taly

Not Voting
(1): Pine
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #311 (isolation #36) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:00 am

Post by Persivul »

If I have to move in B7, it will be to xyzzy. The airport posts feel like scum thinking
Oh shit, I need to produce some content, I'll put up a couple of wall posts and it will look townie
. Seems more for appearance than to genuinely move the game forward. I'm not feeling good about being alone with him on Irrel.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (isolation #37) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:33 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 313, Maki Harukawa wrote:Pers I really think xyz is scum but wanna tell me why you think it's ire?
I'm not voting pine though
Reasoning on Irrel is in my ISO. I agree on Pine.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (isolation #38) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:12 am

Post by Persivul »

Actually you should L-1 xyzzy now to allow time for a claim. I'm intent. An hour isn't much to work with if there's a claim.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (isolation #39) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:38 am

Post by Persivul »

@Taly: I don't want to stick you with two hammers, but xyzzy was online recently and this needs to be addressed.

VOTE: B7: xyzzy

L-1
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (isolation #40) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:26 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 321, Elsa Jay wrote:VOTE: B7 Xyzzy

We're not letting them claim cop to do something horrible later on.
WTF, what if they're actual cop and you didn't give them time to claim?

Were you just waiting around for the L-1 so you could pounce?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #326 (isolation #41) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:28 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 323, Elsa Jay wrote:As for not letting xyzzy claim... Well, with so little deadline time, I'm not taking the chance of them actually being cop, however small, into account.
WTF again. Taly made it clear he'd be here in the last hour before deadline. Time is no excuse.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (isolation #42) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:59 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 328, Taly wrote:
pers
, be very direct and honest

do you think
maki
is scum? do you think i am tunneling - or if my vote is unjustified?
A direct and honest answer to that isn't a good idea rn. Read between the lines...
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (isolation #43) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:20 pm

Post by Persivul »

Taly, maki, anyone? Hammer Elsa in C14. This is ridiculous.

p-edit: thank you!
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (isolation #44) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:01 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 345, Elsa Jay wrote:--- addressing B7 ---

... Holy shit, I actually healed Maki in B7. So either both scum teams went for Maki, or the B7 scum decided not to kill.

What a wonderful birthday present.
Nice pick. :) That conftowns Maki for practical purposes. B7 seems solved, but I'll wait and see if there's a result before going into it.
--- addressing C14 ---

Can someone tell me why you decided to hammer me instead of allowing a No Lynch?
You were scummy.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #350 (isolation #45) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:09 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 346, Irrelephant11 wrote:I feel like it’s pretty likely you saved Maki, Elsa
Probably.
Which means I think me/Elsa/Maki are the three double-towns, or there’s a double-scum and a fourth double-town out there... hm
I would not be super surprised if xyzzy was doublescum, given his strong focus on mechanics and presence on Elsa’s wagon
Maybe it would have been better to let them play a bit and see if there's a noticeable difference to D1, rather than putting them on the defensive immediately...
I need to remind myself what’s going on here, the two games thing was hard enough to keep track of before that long night phase
We never got into the one game at a time mode yesterday, but today I think we should be able to get to a B7 consensus fairly early, and then we'll be able to focus on C14, which is in lylo.

p-edit: great minds and that
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #351 (isolation #46) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:15 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 349, Elsa Jay wrote:Pedit: well my scummy nature was explained by me being a doctor. Going into C14 with 6 people seemed more safe then the LyLo it's in now.
Frankly I like being in lylo with you flipped town better than being in mylo with you still a question mark.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (isolation #47) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:19 am

Post by Persivul »

Believe me, that was noticed.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (isolation #48) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:38 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 354, Elsa Jay wrote:
"Not ruling it out", he says. Probably to give himself an out later?

If I wasn't a ghost in C14 you sure as heck know where I'd vote.
Yeah, but you're pretty omgussy.

I agree that in isolation taly's progression from to your lynch is sus.

BUT...note that the town/town read in was based on: your claim in B7; and, the wagon on you in C14. He wasn't expressing a town read on you based on your actual content. The "based on his overall posting, I'm not ruling out Doc/Scum" is in accord with earlier posts like , where you were his only full red read.

So, while what you're referring to did raise my eyebrows yesterday, looking at it in full context it doesn't seem unreasonable.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (isolation #49) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:38 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 360, Pine wrote:Ah fuck, why did I claim. It felt right in the moment, but I just exposed myself for no new info. Shit, being sick makes me dumb.
Claiming was correct. I was all hyped up to push you otherwise.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (isolation #50) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:41 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 361, Elsa Jay wrote:Don't worry Pine, that just confirms everything we need.

The elephant is townread, and I like Pers more, so... This may confirm him as town in C14 as well if he's scum here.

VOTE: B7 Taly

We don't even lose if we get this wrong, Pine. We only lose if we no lynch at this point.
Agree. A 2 player scum team is highly unlikely to bus D1, so that left Pine or Taly. I thought it was Pine, but if there's no CC to his claim, that means Taly.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #380 (isolation #51) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:01 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 370, Taly wrote: VOTE: B7 Pine
Bold strategy, cotton!

People who have posted since Pine's cop claim in :
Elsa
Persivul
Irrelephant
Taly

So, we should be waiting for Maki to see if she CCs Pine.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #382 (isolation #52) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:17 am

Post by Persivul »

For C14, we're in 3:2 lylo. We should consider whether PRs should claim even if they got innos. With two PRs and no CCs, that narrows us down to a lynch pool of 3, 2 of whom are scum.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (isolation #53) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:32 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 384, Taly wrote:if the next post isnt a vote in B7 im going to consider going on VLA for longer than the 3 days i plan take off once my next college semester starts...

...which begins tomorrow -_-
You're not interested to see if Maki CCs Pine because...?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (isolation #54) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:31 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 386, Elsa Jay wrote:Pers, we win no matter what with Pine, me, and Maki confirmed. Taly is literally saying "just get on with it".

He knows he lost in B7. Just keep on trucking.
It's 5:1, 3 confirmed, 3 unknown (and not really until we hear from maki).
We lynch and miss. 4:1, 3 confirmed, 2 unknown.
NK (probably cop). 3:1 mylo, 2 confirmed, 2 unknown.
- If we lynch, we have to choose between 2 unknown. If we miss, we lose.
- If we no lynch, NK (probably doc) puts us in 2:1 lylo with only one confirmed.

Yeah, Taly seems to have scum claimed, but I disagree that we win no matter what.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #389 (isolation #55) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:56 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 388, Elsa Jay wrote:To answer that worry then, Pers... Are you the scum in B7?

If the answer is "no", then it is a garunteed, because our macho cop is checking either you or elephant and getting killed since that's what the scum would have to do. Then you me and Maki hang Ele.

That won't come to it though since we end it with Taly now.
That makes sense, but I still want to hear from Maki first.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (isolation #56) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:59 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 392, Taly wrote:anyone who thinks im scum in C14 should exit out of this thread, scroll to the queue subforum, and sign-up for the newbie queue and REFUSE an IC/SE position for your next 5 games there
Today you're a completely different person than yesterday.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (isolation #57) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:56 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 407, Irrelephant11 wrote:
!!!
*inno on Pine!
This seemed obvscum at first glance, but thinking about it:
- scum are more likely to screw up, since they're making up things, as opposed to town who are just relaying info from a PM. But, town are people and make honest mistakes - I've done it.
- But, good scum, having made such a mistake, would probably just leave it alone and forego the correction. Bad scum would panic and make the correction without thinking. Town would make the correction, as they want accurate info out there.
- So, this by itself seems indicative of bad scum or town, BUT...
Lol inb4 scum picks me to cc
This reeks of scum making a gambit and KNOWING that they're going to get CC'd, so proactively casting shade on the eventual CC.

When I'm town and claim, I generally don't expect scum to make a fake CC to set up a 1v1 with me.

If this gets CC'd, Irrel is like 90% scum.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #429 (isolation #58) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:57 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 411, Irrelephant11 wrote:But I doubt Pine and I will be the only two investigative claims
I dare scum to 1v1 me, last time I was in 5p lylo I had to figure out the 1v1 and was jealous of the townie in the 1v1 the whole tome
Wow, this is like the telltale heart.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (isolation #59) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:03 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 413, Pine wrote:On second thought, Irrelephant is absolutely ballsy enough to pre-emptively claim Cop. We're in 3:2 LYLO, so he has nothing to lose. Balls, there goes that POE.
In your experience, is he ballsy GOOD scum, or ballsy BAD scum?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #431 (isolation #60) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:06 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 426, xyzzy wrote:okay now that that's over Taly claimed C14 cop in our B7 PT so there is 100% scum in {irrelephant, Taly} and I got the vibe from that PT that he was telling the truth
Will wait for Taly to confirm, but I see no scum motivation to fakeclaim in the PT.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (isolation #61) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:32 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 432, Irrelephant11 wrote: If Taly has also claimed cop in the scum pt then I bet scum is mafia and not werewolves is all that that means?
There's no C14 scum motivation for Taly to claim C14 cop in the B7 mafia PT. The claim would likely be countered by claim or flip at some point, and unless xyzzy had been killed in both games, they'd expose it. (Exception: if Taly and xyzzy are both scum/scum this analysis doesn't apply, but that's pretty unlikely).

Unfortunately, this logic also applies to your claim. But, other factors are making you much scummier than Taly.

FOS: Irrel
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (isolation #62) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:55 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 436, Irrelephant11 wrote:What are these “other factors?”
1. Factors that had me scum reading you D1, although TBH as the day went by that was waning.

2. As noted, the foreshadowing of a CC that you gave today.

3. Taly's play today as scum was completely different from his play yesterday, which makes me wonder if he could have played so well yesterday if he were scum/scum. Seems like he must have had one town game going.

4. A personal tell from experience which I'm holding onto for a calendar day or two.

Before I say much more though I want to do a meta dive on scum games from both of you, particularly checking Pine's claim that a proactive fakeclaim is something you'd do as scum.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (isolation #63) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:20 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 441, Elsa Jay wrote:Wait, wait... Wait.

Pine - Seer
Elephant - Cop
Taky - Cop

What the fuck there's 3 claims. Holy fuck scum went all in.
No shit, Sherlock. What thread have you been reading?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (isolation #64) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:35 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 444, Elsa Jay wrote:I confused Taly and Pine together, bro. Why did you think I did that? I'm basically a spectator at this point.
Sorry, I thought you were serious in . I'll consider you a spectator rather than an invaluable advisor now. Thanks for the clarification.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #461 (isolation #65) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:40 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 456, Taly wrote:Also, I haven't claimed shit so if anyone says I have at all then they're lying through their teeth.
Dramatic turn of events!

FOS: xyzzy
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #475 (isolation #66) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:32 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 468, Taly wrote:
1) Why did you claim an investigative in C14, unprovoked? Nobody was even talking about C14.
That's absolute bullshit. In the immediately preceding post, I talked about C14, and I gave the pros for PRs to claim.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (isolation #67) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:25 pm

Post by Persivul »

Yes, regardless of his position on mass claiming, at this point enough cats are out of the bag that we need a clear claim from him.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (isolation #68) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:52 pm

Post by Persivul »

I'm kind of feeling Taly actually.
VOTE: Pine
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #514 (isolation #69) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:57 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 512, Taly wrote:UNVOTE:

hold up, explain
Pers
You were the towniest player yesterday, and the most thorough in anlysis. I find it unbelievable that you were scum in both games, yet played like that yesterday. If you're sure enough of Pine to put him within scum's reach, I agree.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (isolation #70) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:59 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 515, Taly wrote:Should I claim or not? The only reason I'm finally debating on this is because
(xyzzy, Pine, Pers)
can't all numerically be scum.
Of course you should claim. I take it you're not as sure on Pine as you pretended?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #527 (isolation #71) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:23 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 520, Taly wrote:I need both Ire/Pers to tell me to hammer, and/or not claim here.
Actually it's not a hammer. Check my vote - it's not valid. I wanted to see your reaction. Frankly your immediate unvote unnerved me. You could be scum, putting a vote up on Pine to later claim he must be scum since he wasn't hammered. So, I need to know - where do you really stand on Pine? If you're ready to lynch him, vote him and I'll decide whether to hammer. If you're not ready to lynch after putting him in jeopardy for hours - you need to explain that.

P-edit: OK, you're sure. In that case:
VOTE: C14: Pine
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (isolation #72) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:58 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 511, Persivul wrote:I'm kind of feeling Taly actually.
VOTE: Pine
In post 512, Taly wrote:UNVOTE:

hold up, explain
Pers
Wow, did that timing fuck with my head! I thought for sure we, or at least I, was cooked. Only later did I realize I hadn't cast a valid vote and had that to fall back on.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (isolation #73) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:22 pm

Post by Persivul »

You get mislynched because your focus is all on yourself.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (isolation #74) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:43 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 556, Taly wrote:Nobody took my Maki C14 case seriously.
I thought Maki was a PR in at least one game. A lot of times town PRs appear to be scum because they're trying to fly under the radar.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (isolation #75) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:44 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 550, Taly wrote:This game proves I'm not very good with mafia as either alignment. XD
TBF B7 was really on xyzzy.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (isolation #76) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:47 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 559, Irrelephant11 wrote:I’m good with scum pt release
Yeah that's fine.

You'll see that we had a signal plan for the quick lynch, but Taly busted in on it. My heart was pounding for awhile there.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (isolation #77) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:51 pm

Post by Persivul »

Also, Irrel had mentioned the possibility of fakeclaiming, but we never really discussed it. He really took me by surprise, and at first I thought he had really screwed up, but he pulled it off. He's a good scum partner.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (isolation #78) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:53 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 565, Taly wrote:My confbias weakness kicked in and I was like
"why does it matter to wait for
pers
if i cant literally see
xyzzy/Pine
as town"
Uh...how in the world did you continue to town read Irrel when he claimed to have your role in an open setup?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (isolation #79) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:59 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 571, Irrelephant11 wrote: He thought I “read between the lines” like he told me to. I knew he was cop, so my claim looked to him like a deer trying to swap claims so when we hit scum they’d nightkill the wrong PR. I played up that he had figured out the puzzle and that your willingness to vote Pine was conftowned you
Wow, interesting.

I'm pretty old school and try to keep it simple. With our standing in the game I thought we could win without claims. Still do. But this was faster! :D
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #580 (isolation #80) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:11 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 576, Pine wrote:Crumbing Seer.

While counterclaiming your own role.

Come on, Taly. It was right in front of you.
Yeah. I think it's site meta overall. People are getting away from the basics and trying to be all tricksy all the time. It's basic blocking and tackling that wins games, not the occasional trick play.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #584 (isolation #81) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:06 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 582, Pine wrote:I gotta say, Persivul, for all that you kinda rub me the wrong way, I respect the shit out of your game.
Thank you! :D

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”