Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:55 am

Post by Varsoon »

@FirEnter: Oh, Yume's town, they're a friendly neighbor. Did I fail to mention that?
Sometimes surface level is fine because all the scum is sitting on the top of the pond, y'ever think?

@Shadowlesscloud: I don't like how he's positioned re: the whole Enter thing and I don't like his interactions in general. It's skeezy and WHOOPS I AM SO ANIME to me. Too jokey for someone who was ACTUALLY deprived of a D1. Strikes me as scum giddy on their game.
Also, don't pat yourself on imaginary townpoints that you credit other people giving you. That's sleasy. You conveniently hopped in on that wagon yesterday and you didn't make any waves at all today despite evolving up due to being on the lynch. I don't like that, either.

That's fine, don't nominate me because you think I don't 'deserve' it, definitely pool your nominations between the most vocal players who are currying hard for favor, that makes sense.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:55 am

Post by Varsoon »

Like yeah be complicit with the people who seem to have no problem getting nominations from their buddies.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:56 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'm glad that you undermine my capacity to play the game, but that's kind of Firebringer's schtick more than yours, Enter.

Yeah, I know that I fucking suck at this, no need to rub my face in it.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:58 am

Post by Varsoon »

Shadowless, I don't think you should be offered up more power via the nom and here's the big why: You're already extremely adaptive. Putting all our eggs in one basket is a bad strat. Putting all our eggs in a potentially scum basket is the worst strat. Spread the love.

Also, you're repugnant (so is Penguin), so if neither of you have proven yourselves as town via loud ability usage by LYLO-1, ya'll need to be deep six'd.
Shadowlesscloud
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:03 am

Post by Shadowlesscloud »

In post 575, Varsoon wrote: @Shadowlesscloud: I don't like how he's positioned re: the whole Enter thing and I don't like his interactions in general. It's skeezy and WHOOPS I AM SO ANIME to me. Too jokey for someone who was ACTUALLY deprived of a D1. Strikes me as scum giddy on their game.
Also, don't pat yourself on imaginary townpoints that you credit other people giving you. That's sleasy. You conveniently hopped in on that wagon yesterday and you didn't make any waves at all today despite evolving up due to being on the lynch. I don't like that, either.

That's fine, don't nominate me because you think I don't 'deserve' it, definitely pool your nominations between the most vocal players who are currying hard for favor, that makes sense.
1. I wasn't on the Lynch pool. I gave a trait that gave me the Ascension point. Remember?

2. Imaginary townpoints? I brought up that others are townreading me but you're not when you haven't even interacted with me. Why the hostility?

3. No waves today? Fairly certain I have the most posts and have sparked quite a bit of discussion.

4 the fact that you think I'm nomming people that are vocal and trying to curry favor makes me believe even more that you haven't read a single thing I posted. I want Penguin to have it. Someone who has only made 1 post in reference to it, in which it was to me say he didn't really need or want it.

5. You clearly didn't read much of me but I'll take your snakebro read at face value

6 did you miss the part where he talked about the pros and cons of d1?

7 what interactions does he have that seem sleazy to you?
Show
Fear has two meanings:

‘Forget Everything And Run’

OR

‘Face Everything And Rise.’

The choice is yours.
Shadowlesscloud
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:04 am

In post 578, Varsoon wrote:Shadowless, I don't think you should be offered up more power via the nom and here's the big why: You're already extremely adaptive. Putting all our eggs in one basket is a bad strat. Putting all our eggs in a potentially scum basket is the worst strat. Spread the love.

Also, you're repugnant (so is Penguin), so if neither of you have proven yourselves as town via loud ability usage by LYLO-1, ya'll need to be deep six'd.
That doesn't make any sense but ok.
Show
Fear has two meanings:

OR

The choice is yours.
Shadowlesscloud
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:04 am

In post 577, Varsoon wrote:I'm glad that you undermine my capacity to play the game, but that's kind of Firebringer's schtick more than yours, Enter.

What, isn't that what you just tried to do to me by calling the townreads on me imaginary?
Show
Fear has two meanings:

OR

The choice is yours.
Shadowlesscloud
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:05 am

In post 576, Varsoon wrote:Like yeah be complicit with the people who seem to have no problem getting nominations from their buddies.
Again, thinking you've read less and less
Show
Fear has two meanings:

OR

The choice is yours.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:05 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 578, Varsoon wrote:Also, you're repugnant (so is Penguin), so if neither of you have proven yourselves as town via loud ability usage by LYLO-1, ya'll need to be deep six'd.
Don't have a night action so....
<(") | (")>
Firestarters
Firestarters
Goon
Firestarters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:07 am

Post by Firestarters »

In post 577, Varsoon wrote:I'm glad that you undermine my capacity to play the game, but that's kind of Firebringer's schtick more than yours, Enter.

Sorry. Just an overreaction to all the flak I'm getting. Who would miss a chance to instalynch someone on day one?

Maybe I'm the only one to do it. Years of playing VT so when I get a little power I abuse it. Oh well.

If it makes you feel good I also screwed up my power roles in this game and prey as well.

Firebringer likes snek for town right now and I'm not deep enough into today to be saying for sure what direction everyone is going yet, all my pushes are RVS pushes to get reads. Can you town spew a bit more in this thread so that we can get a read on you?

Also for some reason I keep thinking you were in YCBA IV. Is that true?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:11 am

Post by Varsoon »

1. See, told you I was bad. Nix that. Still. Ugh.

2. You're all like "Oh man all these OTHER (gestures indiscriminately to no one named, just the whole playerlist) PEOPLE townread me! Why don't you?" I don't like that. It's not hostility, it's me calling out what I see as an attempt to align yourself with town and reinforce a perception that you are town.

3. Not for me. I wasn't even sure you'd posted until about 10 pages back in my catchup. Guess that's subjective. Nothing you've done has spoken to me, is what I'm saying.

4. Thought you said you'd be good with Tsuchiko having it?

5. I read, but not thoroughly, man. It's really hard for me to engage with and thoroughly read a game I am behind on.

6. Probably.

7. I recall him doing a lot of framing and trying to move the conversation into a place where it felt like players would be lynched less for their align and more for other garbage. Again, I could be mixing this up and I don't care to look back. All that's important is that I got a bad feeling from the posts that I read. Articulating why or trying to substantiate how many votes those posts should merit feels like a waste of time to me when the important thing is communicating that I am uncomfortable with how the game conversation feels dominated by Tsuchiko/FireStarter/Joan focused rhetoric and Tsuchiko feels very complicit in this.

P-EDIT: Replying in a separate post
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:17 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 583, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 578, Varsoon wrote:Also, you're repugnant (so is Penguin), so if neither of you have proven yourselves as town via loud ability usage by LYLO-1, ya'll need to be deep six'd.
Don't have a night action so....
Then why'd you take repugnant??
In post 581, Shadowlesscloud wrote:

What, isn't that what you just tried to do to me by calling the townreads on me imaginary?
No; me calling you out for propping yourself as well-townread is much different from Enter saying my reads are surface-level and criticizing my roleshare with Joan.
In post 584, Firestarters wrote:

Sorry. Just an overreaction to all the flak I'm getting. Who would miss a chance to instalynch someone on day one?

Maybe I'm the only one to do it. Years of playing VT so when I get a little power I abuse it. Oh well.

If it makes you feel good I also screwed up my power roles in this game and prey as well.

Firebringer likes snek for town right now and I'm not deep enough into today to be saying for sure what direction everyone is going yet, all my pushes are RVS pushes to get reads. Can you town spew a bit more in this thread so that we can get a read on you?

Also for some reason I keep thinking you were in YCBA IV. Is that true?
It's all g, man, it's just when you come slinging that fire I do feel burned.
I think I was in a YCBA game, but my memory is about as shot as my capacity to actually play the game in a worthwhile way so /shrugs.

I have to really try to reconcile if the mod would really design a scum-sided loud day-ending vote-vig like that. It seems far more likely to be an ability that'd come from town and I like your defensiveness of its use a lot actually, but I also worry that it's just a pre-day 3 scum ability and you saw an opportunity to use it and take little to no flak for it. Does that make sense?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:20 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 586, Varsoon wrote:Then why'd you take repugnant??
Is it not obvious? I was able to take a negative trait that does not impact me while being able to take a stronger version of a positive trait that helps me.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:20 am

Post by PenguinPower »

The Penguin Armada is pleased with my decision.
<(") | (")>
Shadowlesscloud
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:21 am

In post 585, Varsoon wrote:1. See, told you I was bad. Nix that. Still. Ugh.
lul.

2. You're all like "Oh man all these OTHER (gestures indiscriminately to no one named, just the whole playerlist) PEOPLE townread me! Why don't you?" I don't like that. It's not hostility, it's me calling out what I see as an attempt to align yourself with town and reinforce a perception that you are town.
0verki11, Snakebro, Eragon. And those are just the ones that have mentioned it. One talked to me alot, the other two know my meta. When did I ever say the whole playerlist does?

3. Not for me. I wasn't even sure you'd posted until about 10 pages back in my catchup. Guess that's subjective. Nothing you've done has spoken to me, is what I'm saying.
But you thought I had voted d1? Yes I was late today cause of work(which I'm going to soon) but ive posted a shit ton since I've been here.

4. Thought you said you'd be good with Tsuchiko having it?
First choice is Penguin and always will be. Said that before and gave reasons why

5. I read, but not thoroughly, man. It's really hard for me to engage with and thoroughly read a game I am behind on.
Aight, I can understand that.

6. Probably.

7. I recall him doing a lot of framing and trying to move the conversation into a place where it felt like players would be lynched less for their align and more for other garbage. Again, I could be mixing this up and I don't care to look back.
So you wouldn't look back and quote them for me to see?
All that's important is that I got a bad feeling from the posts that I read. Articulating why or trying to substantiate how many votes those posts should merit feels like a waste of time to me when the important thing is communicating that I am uncomfortable with how the game conversation feels dominated by Tsuchiko/FireStarter/Joan focused rhetoric and Tsuchiko feels very complicit in this.
Joan has barely talked the last few pages. Firestarter is having to show off any bit of towniness they can to avoid being lynched today. Tsuchiko is just being active.

P-EDIT: Replying in a separate post

Responses in bold
Show
Fear has two meanings:

OR

The choice is yours.
Shadowlesscloud
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:22 am

In post 587, PenguinPower wrote:
Is it not obvious? I was able to take a negative trait that does not impact me while being able to take a stronger version of a positive trait that helps me.
Honestly this. Same reason I picked it. I don't have any night actions really so it gave me another point for a great trait and then it helps me gain some towniness as people know I'm not doing anything at night
Show
Fear has two meanings:

OR

The choice is yours.
Shadowlesscloud
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:24 am

Also wtf, how is that spoilered
Show
Fear has two meanings:

OR

The choice is yours.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:26 am

Post by PenguinPower »

You have to use "spoiler=" to spoiler a quote.

Spoiler just does this

Spoiler: spoiler=
Does this
<(") | (")>
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:26 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 587, PenguinPower wrote:
It's a failure of design in that case and not something that I feel that wgeurts would overlook as a 'freebie' method of getting a stronger ability.

Big fucking ugh.
If I had repugnant, it would literally allow me to town-confirm myself to anyone I targeted every night.
Shadowlesscloud
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:27 am

In post 592, PenguinPower wrote:You have to use "spoiler=" to spoiler a quote.

Spoiler just does this

Spoiler: spoiler=
Does this
:igmeou: that's gonna get reallllly annoying
Show
Fear has two meanings:

OR

The choice is yours.
Firestarters
Firestarters
Goon
Firestarters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:28 am

Post by Firestarters »

Yes, makes sense Varsoon. I understand why some people think its bad but not considering the upsides is actually dumb. Joan is doing that. TBH with a few exceptions I do agree with your reads, but Fire and I are a bit conflicted at the moment so I'm letting him.

Just a heads up, mephistophanes can make it so that you cannot vote them for the remainder of the game and you lose all species abilities for the remainder of the game. I would be lynching that right now if I was capable of voting for them.
Shadowlesscloud
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:29 am

In post 595, Firestarters wrote:Yes, makes sense Varsoon. I understand why some people think its bad but not considering the upsides is actually dumb. Joan is doing that. TBH with a few exceptions I do agree with your reads, but Fire and I are a bit conflicted at the moment so I'm letting him.

Just a heads up, mephistophanes can make it so that you cannot vote them for the remainder of the game and you lose all species abilities for the remainder of the game. I would be lynching that right now if I was capable of voting for them.
So you are confirming that there is atleast one scum between you two?
Show
Fear has two meanings:

OR

The choice is yours.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:29 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 593, Varsoon wrote:It's a failure of design in that case and not something that I feel that wgeurts would overlook as a 'freebie' method of getting a stronger ability.
So...you think I'm lying?
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:30 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 595, Firestarters wrote:Just a heads up, mephistophanes can make it so that you cannot vote them for the remainder of the game and you lose all species abilities for the remainder of the game. I would be lynching that right now if I was capable of voting for them.
You know this...how?
<(") | (")>
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:33 am

Post by Varsoon »

I also haven't seen much in the way of mephisto posts, either, so that's troubling news.
In post 597, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 593, Varsoon wrote:It's a failure of design in that case and not something that I feel that wgeurts would overlook as a 'freebie' method of getting a stronger ability.
So...you think I'm lying?
No, I don't think you're lying, I just think that it's unfortunate that you didn't consider a different suite of abilities that might benefit town more and instead went with a purely cynical grab. I think it's a little frustrating this is even an option for some roles if it is really true that repugnant is listed as a negative modifier when it isn't.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”