Goon
Despair Galaxy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:45 am

Post by Despair Galaxy »

In post 1541, Shadowlesscloud wrote:
In post 1536, Despair Galaxy wrote:
In post 1529, Shadowlesscloud wrote:>when im still the only person to claim their role and its nearing Lylo
Didn't you claim tracker or something?
I have a Mind over Matter type Civic from the start. Used the tracker on Penguin last night to see who he visited to check if he was the mafia delivering the kills. It was stopped by something.

I also have a civic that changes how i get AP. I get 1 AP if a Mafia is lynched, if im not on wagon. I get 2 if a maf is lynched and I AM on the wagon. I USUALLY would get 0 for any town lynches.

(Hence why i picked up Very Adaptive as it gives me an AP even if its a town lynch)

So far, ive picked up the Federation and Mind over Matter as I hope to lynch a scum today and get the cop check tonight for me to use tomorrow/bait a kill with Voidborne
In post 1542, Shadowlesscloud wrote:
In post 1538, Despair Galaxy wrote:Actually, roleblocked tracker... I think shadow just slipped
Oh youre gonna have to explain this one
I didn't remember exactly what you said and I generally call roleblocked to a failed action it just semmed weird to me that you claimed that and forgot but i guess extra abilities are not considered roles?? Smh
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:45 am

Post by Mephistophanes 39 »

In post 1535, Tsuchinoko wrote:
In post 1532, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 1526, Tsuchinoko wrote:
In post 1522, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 1520, Tsuchinoko wrote:
In post 1517, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 1515, Despair Galaxy wrote:I believe it means that we can't use voting powers to direct the desperate measures
If it’s bad for scum, I’m on board.
holy shit do you literally not care?
Of course I do, that’s why I just said that. I want to vote whatever is bad for scum. How did you get my not caring from that?
I am saying you don’t care because you don’t care what your saying yes or no to.
Of course I care what I’m saying. Do you think I’m seriously okay with looking stupid?
okay then explain it to me and why you want to say yes or no to deploying desperate measures?
I want to do whichever option is best for town and I’m sorry if I’m not clear yet on which one that is. One option gives scum two new powers but no NKs vs. the other which blocks scum from getting new powers but doesn’t stop the NKs, right? So I’m trying to figure which one benefits town the most and hurts scum. So what I’m going to do is either discuss discuss it with Ari first or get him to vote. Or maybe I’ll just figure it out. My issue is we have no idea what those two new technologies are comprised of. It could be more swarming and allow scum to power mislynch their way to a victory. That’s the problem, we have no idea what they are, correct?
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Is the nature of our game.
Shadowlesscloud
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:46 am

Post by Shadowlesscloud »

In post 1549, Tsuchinoko wrote:Also, I’m more likely to want to confirm Dunnstral over you getting ur cop shot tbh even if that does work.
You could be lieing
Dunnstral literally has a trait that confirms his alignment or not and is public knowledge
.....no. Ive already explained why he might not. There are Civics that alter how people gain AP. Why are we still talking about this?
Show
Fear has two meanings:

‘Forget Everything And Run’

OR

‘Face Everything And Rise.’

The choice is yours.
Tsuchinoko
Tsuchinoko
Goon
Tsuchinoko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:46 am

Post by Tsuchinoko »

In post 1548, Dunnstral wrote:What if penguinpower died because he took the venerable trait?
wouldn’t that ultimately lead to his reads since if scum wanted to control his vote they wanted him to not put pressure on teh people he wanted to push?

Sounds a bit really high IQ for me but I’ll hear you out if you have a theory.
Its better then nothing I suppose.
Hydra of Alisae and singletonking
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:47 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Why would town want to force an even amount of players? we're at 11 right now
Tsuchinoko
Tsuchinoko
Goon
Tsuchinoko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:47 am

Post by Tsuchinoko »

In post 1551, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 1515, Despair Galaxy wrote:I believe it means that we can't use voting powers to direct the desperate measures
Of course I do, that’s why I just said that. I want to vote whatever is bad for scum. How did you get my not caring from that?
I am saying you don’t care because you don’t care what your saying yes or no to.
Of course I care what I’m saying. Do you think I’m seriously okay with looking stupid?
okay then explain it to me and why you want to say yes or no to deploying desperate measures?
I want to do whichever option is best for town and I’m sorry if I’m not clear yet on which one that is. One option gives scum two new powers but no NKs vs. the other which blocks scum from getting new powers but doesn’t stop the NKs, right? So I’m trying to figure which one benefits town the most and hurts scum. So what I’m going to do is either discuss discuss it with Ari first or get him to vote. Or maybe I’ll just figure it out. My issue is we have no idea what those two new technologies are comprised of. It could be more swarming and allow scum to power mislynch their way to a victory. That’s the problem, we have no idea what they are, correct?
thank you
This is quite literally everything I could ask for regarding this conversation.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:48 am

Post by Varsoon »

I skipped the last 10 pages. What's going on?
@Mod: Does every scum team member get 2 techs from this event or is it just 2 total new techs for the scum team total?

Keep a few things in mind, folks:
Everyone's first technologies do NOTHING.
Forcing scum to have to forfeit using abilities in order to research to finally get an ability from tech sure does seem preferable to LETTING SCUM HAVE A KILL
Shadowlesscloud
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:48 am

In post 1550, Despair Galaxy wrote:
In post 1529, Shadowlesscloud wrote:>when im still the only person to claim their role and its nearing Lylo
I have a Mind over Matter type Civic from the start. Used the tracker on Penguin last night to see who he visited to check if he was the mafia delivering the kills. It was stopped by something.

I also have a civic that changes how i get AP. I get 1 AP if a Mafia is lynched, if im not on wagon. I get 2 if a maf is lynched and I AM on the wagon. I USUALLY would get 0 for any town lynches.

(Hence why i picked up Very Adaptive as it gives me an AP even if its a town lynch)

So far, ive picked up the Federation and Mind over Matter as I hope to lynch a scum today and get the cop check tonight for me to use tomorrow/bait a kill with Voidborne
In post 1538, Despair Galaxy wrote:Actually, roleblocked tracker... I think shadow just slipped
I didn't remember exactly what you said and I generally call roleblocked to a failed action it just semmed weird to me that you claimed that and forgot but i guess extra abilities are not considered roles?? Smh
Claimed what and forgot???

p-edit: And thats nly if thy get lucky and let the level 1 of a tech. They could get stuck with 2 level 0s
Show
Fear has two meanings:

OR

The choice is yours.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:49 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1553, Tsuchinoko wrote:
In post 1548, Dunnstral wrote:What if penguinpower died because he took the venerable trait?
wouldn’t that ultimately lead to his reads since if scum wanted to control his vote they wanted him to not put pressure on teh people he wanted to push?

Sounds a bit really high IQ for me but I’ll hear you out if you have a theory.
Its better then nothing I suppose.
If scum have 2 people in the same federation, they automatically win tomorrow

I guess I'm not really sure why penguinpower would need to die for that
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:49 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Is there anything stopping scum from forming a federation tomorrow and overpowering us with votes?
Despair Galaxy
Despair Galaxy
Goon
Despair Galaxy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:50 am

Post by Despair Galaxy »

In post 1557, Shadowlesscloud wrote:
In post 1550, Despair Galaxy wrote:

Claimed what and forgot???

p-edit: And thats nly if thy get lucky and let the level 1 of a tech. They could get stuck with 2 level 0s
Claiming tracker!!!!!!!!
Tsuchinoko
Tsuchinoko
Goon
Tsuchinoko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:50 am

Post by Tsuchinoko »

Do I have to start pulling out the posts I posted on why being against deploying desperate measures is the play here.
Because I’ll do that.

Pedit: There actually is, we have to micromanage who is on the wagon.
Shadowlesscloud
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:50 am

Who here is against massclaiming??

p-edit: I DIDNT FORGET I CLAIMED THE USE OF MY TRACKER ABILITY?!

pp-edit: YEs because i still dont get why we are letting Scum control who dies
Show
Fear has two meanings:

OR

The choice is yours.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:51 am

Post by Varsoon »

General game balance, I imagine?
If the game is inherently balanced such that scum can get a voting majority on D4 like that, then, whatever. Oh no I lost an unbalanced game where town shot itself in the foot, woe is me.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:51 am

Post by Dunnstral »

What if scum form a federation with themself...?
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:52 am

Post by Mephistophanes 39 »

In post 1555, Tsuchinoko wrote:
In post 1551, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
thank you
This is quite literally everything I could ask for regarding this conversation.
I’ll be weighing in all the pros and cons, people are arguing and get Ari’s take on it, then one of us will vote.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Is the nature of our game.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:52 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1563, Varsoon wrote:General game balance, I imagine?
If the game is inherently balanced such that scum can get a voting majority on D4 like that, then, whatever. Oh no I lost an unbalanced game where town shot itself in the foot, woe is me.
The problem with this game is that 2 townies had way too much power in deciding lynches

It's not balanced so don't rely on it being balanced in deciding what we do from here on
Tsuchinoko
Tsuchinoko
Goon
Tsuchinoko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:52 am

Post by Tsuchinoko »

In post 1564, Dunnstral wrote:What if scum form a federation with themself...?
Again, if we micromanage who is on the wagon we can make sure that only those we think are town take APs
Despair Galaxy
Despair Galaxy
Goon
Despair Galaxy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:53 am

Post by Despair Galaxy »

In post 1562, Shadowlesscloud wrote:Who here is against massclaiming??

I REMEMBERED YOU CLAIMING USING A TRACKING ABILITY, HOW THE HELL WOULD I KNOW IF THAT WAS AP TRAIT TECH MEGAZORD OR JUTSU?????
Shadowlesscloud
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:54 am

In post 1568, Despair Galaxy wrote:

I REMEMBERED YOU CLAIMING USING A TRACKING ABILITY, HOW THE HELL WOULD I KNOW IF THAT WAS AP TRAIT TECH MEGAZORD OR JUTSU?????
because i mentioned it was apart of my role?? And I didnt get Mind over Matter until last night and I wouldnt have access to that until tonight??
Show
Fear has two meanings:

OR

The choice is yours.
Despair Galaxy
Despair Galaxy
Goon
Despair Galaxy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:55 am

Post by Despair Galaxy »

In post 1564, Dunnstral wrote:What if scum form a federation with themself...?
That would be 6 votes this is a good point
Despair Galaxy
Despair Galaxy
Goon
Despair Galaxy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:56 am

Post by Despair Galaxy »

In post 1569, Shadowlesscloud wrote:

because i mentioned it was apart of my role?? And I didnt get Mind over Matter until last night and I wouldnt have access to that until tonight??
I mean you could have had it as your civic from the start what tells me otherwise?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:56 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1566, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1563, Varsoon wrote:General game balance, I imagine?
The problem with this game is that 2 townies had way too much power in deciding lynches

It's not balanced so don't rely on it being balanced in deciding what we do from here on

If you're going "Oh well it isn't balanced" then any level of strategy besides lynching scum is pointless.
So let's just lynch scum.
Shadowlesscloud
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Shadowlesscloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:58 am

In post 1571, Despair Galaxy wrote:
In post 1569, Shadowlesscloud wrote:

I mean you could have had it as your civic from the start what tells me otherwise?
What are you arguing here? I openly claimed the powers was from a civic ive had from the start?
Show
Fear has two meanings:

OR

The choice is yours.
Tsuchinoko
Tsuchinoko
Goon
Tsuchinoko
Goon
Goon