Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:00 am

Post by popsofctown »

Xyzzy's misLynch was not facile reasons to the point I would sr someone for being offwagon
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:01 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

I am sneaking on before work because lots of posts happened but I don't have that much time because it's actually going to be a really busy day at work and I can't come in late, so just dashing off quick highlights and will maybe go back on things that needed more detail this evening
In post 542, Something_Smart wrote:Does that make her look townier to you?
yes
In post 543, Something_Smart wrote: In addition to being an awful analogy, this is also misleading (it implies that I joined a mafia game only to not play mafia, which isn't at all what I'm doing), it doesn't really seem relevant (it's a very belated playstyle criticism that you've already acknowledged can be misguided town), and it is extremely convenient to a scum agenda (it looks like the perfect excuse to transition me from the town spot where you had me to somewhere low enough to mislynch).
wanting you to be scum is not the same as thinking you're scum
In post 553, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: IF I SAID THERE WERE SECRET REASONS NOT TO DO THE HASCHEL THING WOULD YOU BELIEVE ME?

I DON'T EVEN FULLY BELIEVE ME, BUT I HAVE THIS FEELING IN MY BONESSSSSS

AND ALSO THERE'S SCUM BLOOD TO BE SPILLED. CUT THE TREES.
I just feel like Haschel's first effort post has a pretty significant chance to really tell on his slot and I guess I'm just not comfortable weighing his slot vs. Pine's without having seen that post. fair to call me a pansy for it tbh
In post 557, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:THE RULES ARE SIMPLE FOLKS. IF SOMEONE ASKS FOR DEATH, NEVER DENY THEM.
yeahhh okay you were right to be adamant and I was wrong to be indecisive Pine's just scum. Can we chill a day or two for the haschel post anyway tho, I think he's a kind of sensible buddy insofar as Pine could have just lurked and hoped haschel did a really bad post that I hated otherwise. I am fine if this means I don't get any town credit for the Pine lynch, I am hito and I am gonna tell on my role PM regardless
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:49 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Sorry, two nights ago I suddenly had to take my wife to the hospital and then yesterday I just didn't have the spoons for Mafia (unrelated to the hospital; wife is fine).

On my way to work but I can get caught up there.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:43 am

Post by Something_Smart »

It strikes me as an exceedingly easy tactic to use as scum, though. Like you're essentially getting someone else to vote who you want and you're getting them to specifically accept full responsibility for it.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:29 am

Post by implosion »

i will - begrudgingly - admit that pine may perhaps in fact be scum

hito's is missing the point of what I said. It isn't about the fact that he was voting a lurker, it's about the fact that he was idling his vote there and doing nothing with it after criticizing me for doing exactly that earlier and criticizing others for doing the equally useless act of not voting. And throw in him giving me a "temporary pass" just for having voted someone today. It just doesn't look like town thinking through whether something will come from town or scum. it's scum looking for easy heuristics to give reads out based on. S_S's is also good. This response:
wanting you to be scum is not the same as thinking you're scum
does not really disambiguate what his actual opinions are.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:54 am

Post by popsofctown »

Hypocrisy is not a scumtell
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:00 am

Post by Pine »

Implo y u do me the betray
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:02 am

Post by implosion »

if you are town please play the game pine
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:04 am

Post by implosion »

hypocrisy in general isn't a scumtell; hito's actions are scummy not because they're hypocritical but because they show that he's not actually putting reasoned thought into how he's deciding whether to call people town or scum, he's just using simple metrics that let him shove people in buckets.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:08 am

Post by implosion »

In post 559, Pine wrote:Also, I'm specifically not asking to be saved. I am comfortable with dying here, but I do require that my views be taken seriously. LLD in particular is classically scum here.
if you get lynched, as town, you're just a dead townie. Your reads don't suddenly become sacrosanct because you flipped town. *especially* if you got lynched. Otherwise we'd be blindly killing alisae's scumreads today. You know this. I know you know this.

"LLD is on notice" -> "i'm comfortable with voting LLD here" -> "LLD is classically scum here" is not going to convince anyone if you do flip green.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:09 am

Post by implosion »

I guess I should just sit idly and wait for haschel to bless us with his wisdom hmm
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:30 am

Post by implosion »

In post 581, popsofctown wrote:Hypocrisy is not a scumtell
What is your current overall take on hito?

Do you think he's done anything he couldn't fake as scum?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:18 pm

Post by Pine »

Fine, what do you want me to say? I’ve made my cases, they were ignored. I PoE’d my Towncases, they were also ignored. What, do you want me to beg? Roll over and compromise-vote for someone I think is Town?

I’ll try to be less bitchy after I eat some dinner, but I feel this match is mostly being played with emotion instead of reason, and that’s not productive in a Mafia game.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:21 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Hito is kinda scummy
"Well, I..."
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:26 pm

Post by Pine »

No he isn’t. Go back to the scumthread.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:28 pm

Post by implosion »

I wouldn't exactly call what you've done so far "cases". You've given a couple arguments here and there. And you're using emotion just as much as everyone else, and calling it unproductive while engaging in it is... unproductive.

Idk. If you're town I just want you to not just bite the lynch. But you just biting the lynch seems like a pretty sensible thing to do here as scum so :hitoshrug: (oh my hito is actually in this game uhhhhh)

Alright here.
In post 590, Pine wrote:No he isn’t. Go back to the scumthread.
Why. You've given two lines of justification for this and it was during a catchup post and you haven't mentioned him since then and neither of those lines has any real depth and I've given like 4 paragraphs arguing he's scum and you're complaining that people aren't using logic and argh
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:31 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 591, implosion wrote:I wouldn't exactly call what you've done so far "cases". You've given a couple arguments here and there. And you're using emotion just as much as everyone else, and calling it unproductive while engaging in it is... unproductive.

Idk. If you're town I just want you to not just bite the lynch. But you just biting the lynch seems like a pretty sensible thing to do here as scum so :hitoshrug: (oh my hito is actually in this game uhhhhh)

Alright here.
In post 590, Pine wrote:No he isn’t. Go back to the scumthread.
Why. You've given two lines of justification for this and it was during a catchup post and you haven't mentioned him since then and neither of those lines has any real depth and I've given like 4 paragraphs arguing he's scum and you're complaining that people aren't using logic and argh
IT'S CAUSE HE'S SCUM AND HE AIN'T GOT SHIT MY DUDE
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:33 pm

Post by implosion »

yeah yeah i want haschel to do things and i want to delude myself into thinking he's town gimme a bit

(side note: pine + hito is not a team that i see anything precluding)
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:29 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 585, implosion wrote:
In post 559, Pine wrote:Also, I'm specifically not asking to be saved. I am comfortable with dying here, but I do require that my views be taken seriously. LLD in particular is classically scum here.
if you get lynched, as town, you're just a dead townie. Your reads don't suddenly become sacrosanct because you flipped town. *especially* if you got lynched. Otherwise we'd be blindly killing alisae's scumreads today. You know this. I know you know this.

"LLD is on notice" -> "i'm comfortable with voting LLD here" -> "LLD is classically scum here" is not going to convince anyone if you do flip green.
:goodposting:
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:40 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 579, Something_Smart wrote:It strikes me as an exceedingly easy tactic to use as scum, though. Like you're essentially getting someone else to vote who you want and you're getting them to specifically accept full responsibility for it.
oh ya to be clear LLD bullying people on to Pine wagon is 100% the only play she can do here regardless of alignment. I just meant that tonally the way she talked to implosion makes her holistic gamestate view feel more coherent
In post 586, implosion wrote:I guess I should just sit idly and wait for haschel to bless us with his wisdom hmm
this seems like an unnecessarily catty dig when you seem to exactly be mirroring my thought process that Pine is probably just scum but it's worth hearing what's happening with Haschel first.
In post 591, implosion wrote: :hitoshrug: (oh my hito is actually in this game uhhhhh)
just copy paste it from my title that's what it's there for

I almost never meta games I wasn't in cause it's a waste of time, but I think I might meta s_s to see if this explicit super-hard defense (like his last 12 posts or something?) is something he would do for a scumbuddy buddy. s_s do you keep an index of games anywhere or should I just go through your recent threads.

other than that, I think a pine red flip makes haschel look worse and implo look better. cyanjet is interesting because pine -> cyanjet looks pretty buddy but cyanjet -> pine really doesn't right? unless this was like a n1 premeditated thing to try to get cyan to the endzone?
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:57 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

how come everyone posts when I'm asleep and then have to go to work, but when it's the weekend I go a full twenty four hours without the content I crave

I'm doing top dome read summaries just so there's shit to talk about. rules are that I give reads on everyone but without ever looking back on the thread. so you can see how it's all indexed in my brain but I do not guarantee factual accuracy

Pine: probably scum! I was unsure at the pops -> LLD hop, because while I thought it was way too quick a capitulation on pops (and calling everyone off-wagon "idiots" without looking for scum among them is a tell of some repute), working with someone else to compromise on your #2 suspect does sort of jive with a townie just trying to have an impact. But his surrender is real scum crocodile tears, especially in a world where there's so much opportunity on the table FOR people to listen to him. it's a weird situation where I'm happy flippin Pine on his own merits but I just don't like how little happened today and it feels like there's still something to find. especially with...

Haschel: who knows?? his sudden insistence to question Pine felt like a put-on when I had warned like five times that I was gonna flip the wagon before takeoff instead of trusting other people to do it, and his questions were just "explain your case on pops" when xyzzy lynch was inevitable - it's not like someone is going to post something damning with a question like "why's pops scummy", especially because if he can't think of a good answer he'll just lurk for a few hours until thread locks. then the lurking has me somewaht suspicious on the ground that it's a lot easier to hard reset as town than scum, especially with the prod dodge post vs a total blackout. it's like a force multiplier without a sign at this point - I think I could swing pretty strongly one way or the other on haschel depending on what he posts. and even though Pine went pretty close to flat-out claiming scum I have this horrible picture in my imagination where Pine's town and Haschel is just stone cold running out the clock waiting for us to ml and know that he might out himself if he tries to fake genuine reads while he's waiting.

LLD: probably town! to be honest I was second-guessing myself a little when she was immediately 0 to 100 on Pine, it did seem a little bit like she was dodging a holistic view of the game state to just tunnel one after the other (I think ceph said this at some point) but her fate posting actually helped in that I saw hints that it was all more coherent behind the scenes. also like, this time she's tunneling someone who's probably scum, lmao. ftr LLD would be willing to bus teammate Pine here but I don't think she does unless I go on first - busing is rough in this setup

ceph: locktown everyone knows it, zzz

pops: probably town! I mean he has been all over the place but he clearly really gives a shit and I think it would just be exhausting to fake all that as scum. it's pretty much 100% a tonal townread which is always a little dangerous, but like, it still feels really wrong to go popsward here. well I guess if pine red flips it's more than tonal no way pops goes that fuckin hard for a buddy.

cyan: pops is gonna scum read me for this but I'm actually pretty unsure on cyan here! I mean there was presumably pregame chat so scum could align their gun/rose choices, so like...someone could have just ghostwritten those posts for him or whatever. to be honest cyan + pine is starting to loom kind of large in my brain because it plausibly explains why Pine has never commented on his posts AND why Pine would be so quick to roll over here - if they just coached in n1 PT "cyan, just vote me really early because I think I'm going down tomorrow", it looks like this doesn't it? he had one genuinely good post that I don't exactly remember, but I am kind of skeeved about giving a forever pass to a person who almost never posts because "wow no player could ever fake that wide eyed innocence!!"

implo: probably town. d1 was a wash but his d2 has been a lot more involved, especially his migration on the Pine nk thing.

s_s: unsure. He looked reasonably town during D1, and then there was that thing starting off D2 where it seemed like he was really trying to foist off vote responsibility, and now he's like outrageously defending Pine for all he's worth without any alternative? But it's also true that the foist responsibility thing is only a scumtell if Pine is town, and the defense is only really a scumtell if Pine is scum, so they can't BOTH count against him?? I don't know. for all of the posts out of him there's very few solid commitments, and now we have one in "Pine is town" and it's to a totally superlative degree relative to anything else he has posted and I don't know how to parse it. like I said I think I'm gonna have to do a meta dive to get a better sense of how often s_s has gone totally to bat for town reads and what alignments he was when he did it

okay that's everybody! someone else do some posts now!!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:30 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I will post with energy and gusto when I am not trying to play a magic tournament through an ear infection.

I scumread hitogoroshi's uncertainty about cyanjet's slot.
ghostwritten pregame posts
seriously?
"Well, I..."
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:10 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

okay not like literatlly ghostwritten but as in, following a playbook from a buddy. I think it's totally reasonable although now that I am allowed to check the fp, I guess not with Pine/cyan specifically because it would have been two first-timers in the thread N0
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:37 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I cant imagine remembering that much about the game

I apparently need to study this for my next scumgame since no one ever even questions me!
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”