Micro 909: 09:12 (Game Over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:14 pm

Post by Menalque »

y not?
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:23 pm

Post by emps »

i dont get how ppl are actually confident in their own reads this early on ;-;

usually i have like half a read by now lmao
"I guess gay erotic fanfics are the key to healthy game discussion." -HoldenGolden
"making friends is dangerous emps. always be on guard." -the worst
"Children are sticky." -MaryJoLisa
"What if a guy and a girl meet online, and then face to face, and have children. Are their kids real?" -MaryJoLisa
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:24 pm

Post by emps »

i dont rly see what ur getting at in the uncrowned case, ill reread later probs
"I guess gay erotic fanfics are the key to healthy game discussion." -HoldenGolden
"What if a guy and a girl meet online, and then face to face, and have children. Are their kids real?" -MaryJoLisa
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:25 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

oh no the game doubled in size since I last posted
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:25 pm

Post by emps »

lmao oof
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:29 pm

Post by emps »

In post 294, Look At Me Im So Town wrote:
In post 290, Menalque wrote:Like if you want to argue that it’s scum indicative for me you need to have a clear reason for why that particular behaviour is more likely to come from scum!me than town!me

What benefit do I get?

Also why would scum!me want to distract in that conversation?
Scum!you would want to do that if your partner wasnt handling themselves well and they were involved in the conversation, but it would be super sus, especially after a flip, so overall I'm leaning towards this being too attention grabby for your scumplay, particularly after the postgame conversation in Newbie 1971. That and your interaction after us are why I felt like it wasnt scum indicative for you.

I'm curious why Aaron went back and talked about it though. @Aaron, you caught up yet? Also Mena, you heard from Aaron, where are your reads at?

BP
honestly yeah im still kinda confused when rvs has actually ended
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:32 pm

Post by emps »

i still dont understand menas case of uncrowned
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:36 pm

Post by emps »

i think uncrowneds vote on me is reasonable tbh

and i havent exactly taken a stance on ico/hh either

and hes like solving and being productive
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:54 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 230, Look At Me Im So Town wrote:
In post 157, Alduskkel wrote:
In post 154, Iconeum wrote:come at me bro

why am i scum?
cuz you can't explain your scumread on HH and you're trying to discredit him

Menalque what's your take on HH vs Ico
This feels like you misrepping Icon. At one point in that exchange, he literally said he wasnt sure whether the OMGUS was more likely to come from scum or town. Also, why does scum!Icon try to build a push from 0 on a guy in a mostly passive gamestate that only became active when he started the push?
because scum icon wants to look busy
In post 231, Look At Me Im So Town wrote:What do you think HH's reasons for voting Icon were?
As I understood it, HH's reasons were:
1. Applying a double standard to HH compared to other players
2. Forming an illogical scumread on HH that is unlikely to come from a town mindset
In post 232, Look At Me Im So Town wrote:What's your read of HH Aldus?
little bit town
In post 233, Look At Me Im So Town wrote:I dont see the scum motivation for Icon coming into the game and starting a push on HH. HH's quick reaction reeked of survivalism and I dont know if that's more likely to come from scum or town. I felt like 135 was a bit too self aware for town though. @HH have I hydra'd with one of your heads before?

I've got Aldus as null-scum here. I think that increases drastically if HH is scum. There was a defense of HH that read as pretty strong to me. He was insisting HH had reasons for voting Icon and that it was unfair to classify that vote as OMGUS, but I didnt see it from my read. I also think he misrepped what Icon was doing at one point wrt to the HH slot.

Mena is pinging me. Hes been posting alot, but it's been weird. This whole thing with the mod is just weird. Haven't played with scum!Mena before, but this doesnt feel like his town game.

I liked uncrowned's explanation, but he could probably post a bit more.

This game could definitely use some more posting.

VOTE: Aldus That's L-2.
Can you explain what you mean about 135 being "too self aware for town"? I'm also confused by your vote on me. If I were you, then based on what you said I would have pushed HH more and then if HH flipped scum go after me, because it seems a lot of what's scummy to you about me is related to HH. If HH flipped town, how would that affect your read of me?
In post 279, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 145, Alduskkel wrote:I mean you're saying WHAT you're scum reading but I'm not seeing any WHY here. Elaborate?
Basically it felt like you were trying a little 'too' hard to do things early on. Like the thing with the meta dive on my intro post, what exactly was that supposed to accomplish? It's like pseudo-scumhunting and doesn't actually accomplish anything wrt sorting my slot.
I mean I went to the effort of browsing through all those games so even if it wasn't AI then I still wanted to show something for my effort lol.

And if it seemed like I was trying too hard it's because I think that helps move things past the RVS. Like, if I see something even a tiny bit scummy at that stage then I want to make it into a Thing so that people start having to take stances and stuff.
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:06 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I want to hear from both Aaron and Menalque why they think Iconeum is town.

I also want to see Iconeum and Menalque debate on Uncrowned since they have opposite reads on that slot.
In post 320, Menalque wrote:Being way too confident on emps scum when trying to get me to vote somewhere other than dats
Why is it scummy for Uncrowned to be confident in emps being scum?
In post 335, JJJ wrote:When mena waits to see everyone's opinions before making what looks like a vanity vote.
What's a "vanity vote"? Is it scummy?
In post 341, Uncrowned wrote:This is laughable. I'm not getting lynched today. You're hurting your own reads by looking for something that isn't there.

Unless you're scum and you don't need to worry about having
good
reads.
Now this looks like OMGUS. How can you be confident you won't get lynched today? Also really don't like the dig at Menalque in the last sentence. If you think Menalque is scum then vote for him. It's like you're trying to make Menalque look scummier without committing to scumreading him.

@Menalque: if you convince me Ico is town then I'll sheep you on Uncrowned.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:23 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Chemist I see you're online, if you don't at least respond to 375 then I'm going to accuse you of deliberately avoiding the thread.
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:25 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 385, Alduskkel wrote:Chemist I see you're online, if you don't at least respond to 375 then I'm going to accuse you of deliberately avoiding the thread.
online reads are for cowards
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:34 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

also if you are expecting an answer you underestimate my ability to use spite as an excuse to procrastinate
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:41 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

I don't think Mena is scum. Pretty sure I already touched on this when I replied to a post HH made.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:05 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 318, Menalque wrote:Also, I’m willing to reveal scum number 1!

VOTE: uncrowned
Huh wild. I though Uncrowned was mildly townie for the most part.

Only post from them I didn't like was . He seems a little too confident in his emps read but then again Mena is apparently super confident in his Uncrowned read so I'm not sure that's AI.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:08 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 335, JJJ wrote:When the game starts shifting out of RVS and chemist votes the mod and contributes nothing.
I lowkey forgot Chemist was in this game but I also don't like his mod vote.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:10 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 340, Uncrowned wrote:Correction: Why would I take a hard stance on something I THINK* is NAI, whoops.
Thinking that a post or series of posts is NAI is a stance, so I'm honestly not sure what Mena's getting at there.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:12 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 347, Menalque wrote:you manage to talk about me,
aaron
, emps,
AF
, and HH in those couple of posts while largely trying to shrug off the SR on you
Apparently I count as two people now
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:15 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 354, Menalque wrote:In which case you haven’t because pushing meme-y non-commitsl content is one of te number 1 things that scum do
Why do you think I'm town then?
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:16 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Aaron's a pretty cool dude.

That AF guy though? Eh, not sure about him.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:20 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 368, Uncrowned wrote:The interaction, from what I had seen, was mostly over. The time to analyze it from the rest of the players had come. That was my take on it. If you don't like it, that's fine. But I legitimately just didn't see much from it. Like I just said above, at best it's a slight +town for Ico, and it left me still hard null on HH.
This is pretty much how I felt after the Icon/HH interactions, although I had a much stronger tr on Icon (still do) and HH's initial reactions pinged me a bit but nothing to strong on him. I'll likely revisit that at some point.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:27 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 383, Alduskkel wrote:I mean I went to the effort of browsing through all those games so even if it wasn't AI then I still wanted to show something for my effort lol.

And if it seemed like I was trying too hard it's because I think that helps move things past the RVS. Like, if I see something even a tiny bit scummy at that stage then I want to make it into a Thing so that people start having to take stances and stuff.
But it didn't really help move us out of RVS? And no one else commented on it or took a stance on it. So it didn't actually accomplish anything.

Pretty sure most people here could've told you that I'm not a new player by any means and that it was NAI.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:27 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 394, Uncrowned wrote:Aaron's a pretty cool dude.

That AF guy though? Eh, not sure about him.
AFF is a fucking asshole. Fuck that guy.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:29 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 384, Alduskkel wrote:I want to hear from both Aaron and Menalque why they think Iconeum is town.
I need to revisit the Icon/HH thing but from what I remember it came off as genuinely trying to sort as opposed to pushing an agenda.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:34 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

@Dats: I'll have limited access until 12/26. Should be around, just not sure how often.

Acknowledged.
- D

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”