Micro 909: 09:12 (Game Over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:48 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 714, Alduskkel wrote:1. Looks like you're buddying Menalque
2. Convenient for you to scumread me
3. Too quick to label my read and Menalque's read on you as tunneling.
1. god i need more of my old open queue pals around, i try and have fair and earnest and open friendly conversations with people and as a result have read like i'm pocketing since my very first newbie game as town back in december '17 :P I don't really care about Mena's view on me, and given he's voting me and actively thinks i'm scum he would be a fucking terrible pocket. i'm trying to hear him out, and.... (ref 3)
2. don't scumread you, i am forcing content between us to get a read on you
3. ...... asking him to reevaluate his read on my slot; he explained that he would when he's sober but still thinks i'm scum. he's definitely tunnelled on old ico content to an extent. that's not always even a bad thing. he is just tunnelled, to at least some level. he's incorrect and wasn't in a headspace to reevaluate his read. and we have time, so that's fine. like, i'm correct on this.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:51 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 178, Alduskkel wrote:petty
i see where you're coming from here but consider:
is this language coming from ico maliciously because he wants to discredit HH, or is it coming from him earnestly because he feels incorrectly and unfairly pushed by HH?

given the rest of his language around being incorrectly pushed i think it's more of a defensive/reactive thing not a malicious thing. i can see why it's raising your concerns but i think it's worth a doublecheck.

i'll bbl.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:59 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I see what you're saying re: the selfspam.

I think it might be good to buddy someone who thinks you're scum if it makes them no longer think you're scum.

What do you mean that tunneling isn't always a bad thing? I feel like we have different definitions of tunneling.
the worst wrote:
In post 178, Alduskkel wrote:petty
i see where you're coming from here but consider:
is this language coming from ico maliciously because he wants to discredit HH, or is it coming from him earnestly because he feels incorrectly and unfairly pushed by HH?

given the rest of his language around being incorrectly pushed i think it's more of a defensive/reactive thing not a malicious thing. i can see why it's raising your concerns but i think it's worth a doublecheck.

i'll bbl.
let me flip this back on you a bit. if a player were to accuse another player of OMGUS in an attempt to discredit them, what might that look like and how would you distinguish it from a defensive/reactive town thing?
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:41 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Duck if you don't care about Mena's read on you why do you care about Aldus'
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:18 pm

Post by the worst »

@aldus... tunnelling is just literally tunnel vision; missing peripheral things and not checking yourself on reads, generally because you're absolutely confident that you're right. if you have strong/accurate gut reads sometimes blocking external factors (e.g. other people's reads) out can be really great. just in this case my immediate reaction to yourself & mena was that you were not really absorbing peripheral information. given i'm pretty capable of alignment telling, and my read rate has been very high lately, and i am town here, i have a pretty strong interest in correcting your reads.

as an aside... mena is more tunnelled for less digestible reasons than you are. i think your tunnelling is more just a traditional case of feeling right, and not feeling correctly contradicted. i'm not sure how to logically contradict your case except asking you to reconsider because i know you're scumcasing town.

@uncr, hrm saying i categorically don't care might be a bit overstated. i care a lot more about aldus' read on me than i did about mena's, because i have an increasingly strong feeling that i'm interacting with town!aldus - but like, i am motivated to drag AI content out of people and given my ico read strongly contradicts a lot of the reads i'm seeing here, this has been a pretty riveting way to dive into a game when i'm a bit low on time.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:20 pm

Post by the worst »

another thing on "tunneling can be ok" - it is objectively beneficial to remove as much bias as possible, but tunneling is explicitly either non-malicious or malicious, which can be alignment indicative - THAT is very useful
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:12 am

Post by Datisi »

Official Vote Count 1.17With 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Lynching
Chemist1422
(4): Uncrowned, Look At Me Im So Town, emps, AaronFrost
[L-1]

the worst
(2): Alduskkel, HH
Alduskkel
(1): Chemist1422
Look At Me Im So Town
(1): Menalque
emps
(1): the worst

Not Voting
(0):

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-01-03 18:00:00).

Mod notes:
  • the worst replaces Iconeum.
  • 48h have been added to the deadline.
  • Happy New Year!
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:35 am

Post by the worst »

In post 609, Datisi wrote:the worst replaces Iconeum!
In post 610, Datisi wrote:the worst replaces Iconeum.
In post 731, Datisi wrote:the worst replaces Iconeum.
hardclaim compulsive iconeum replacer.
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:50 am

Post by emps »

In post 715, the worst wrote:largely for postgame credit i'm gonna call ~1 scum in {emps,hh} for this thing
In post 87, JJJ wrote:
In post 85, Menalque wrote:
In post 83, JJJ wrote:Emps. Real vote please.

-X
I legitimately don't know what you mean
I'm asking emps to place a real vote?
-X
why me/hh but not me/uncrowned?

what was diff between the ways they told me to vote s1 other than mod?
"I guess gay erotic fanfics are the key to healthy game discussion." -HoldenGolden
"making friends is dangerous emps. always be on guard." -the worst
"Children are sticky." -MaryJoLisa
"What if a guy and a girl meet online, and then face to face, and have children. Are their kids real?" -MaryJoLisa
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:07 am

Post by emps »

In post 724, the worst wrote:vanity but i don't really want my vote on aldus aorn:
VOTE: emps
uhm whats aorn supposed to mean

also why u vanity voting close to deadline duckling

and who like says "oh yeah im making a vanity vote rn"
"I guess gay erotic fanfics are the key to healthy game discussion." -HoldenGolden
"What if a guy and a girl meet online, and then face to face, and have children. Are their kids real?" -MaryJoLisa
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:10 am

Post by emps »

also im kind of voting chemist because of like poe

i dont really scumread any1 that much tbh

which is kind of concerning tbh
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:15 am

Post by emps »

like if i had to give like a "read" for him i guess itd be like nullscum
JJJ
JJJ
Goon
JJJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:41 am

Post by JJJ »

In post 674, the worst wrote:
In post 672, Menalque wrote:Did you iso me as well or is this based on interacting with me here?
your iso is like 30% of the thread or smth so i'm never reading that in isolation, i'll just read the game thread when i can be bothered

based on our interactions here. you're seeking information which is town indicative but you're savagely tunnelled which is both AI, and not indicative of a particular alignment
You're right, he's crossed beyond analysis and right into spam territory.
Please calm down Mena - Y
JJJ
JJJ
Goon
JJJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:45 am

Post by JJJ »

In post 737, JJJ wrote:
In post 674, the worst wrote:
In post 672, Menalque wrote:Did you iso me as well or is this based on interacting with me here?
your iso is like 30% of the thread or smth so i'm never reading that in isolation, i'll just read the game thread when i can be bothered

based on our interactions here. you're seeking information which is town indicative but you're savagely tunnelled which is both AI, and not indicative of a particular alignment
You're right, he's crossed beyond analysis and right into spam territory.
Please calm down Mena - Y
To be clear, I'm not saying that you should post less content, just please try to consolidate it into fewer and longer posts. It's much harder to follow along when there's like 2 straight pages of just one line posts from you. - Y
Look At Me Im So Town
Look At Me Im So Town
Townie
Look At Me Im So Town
Townie
Townie

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:50 am

Post by Look At Me Im So Town »

In post 678, the worst wrote:i'll bbl, full read will basically follow when i have time.

aaron, throw brain thoughts at me
chemist, get back to me
people tell me why you're voting chemist
mena have a reread of iconeum vs. avp scumconeum when you're sober; get back to me
I'm voting Chemist because he said he was reading Aldus as either a tpr or scum. Said claiming would lock in his read one way or the other and pressed him to claim early, despite not voting him and thinking hes a tpr. I dont see how that's town.

Pretty sure the duck is a good duck in this one.

BP
A hydra account of Billy Pilgrim and MadAlfred.
Look At Me Im So Town
Look At Me Im So Town
Townie
Look At Me Im So Town
Townie
Townie

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:15 am

Post by Look At Me Im So Town »

In post 734, emps wrote:
In post 724, the worst wrote:vanity but i don't really want my vote on aldus aorn:

What's your read of TW at the moment?

BP
A hydra account of Billy Pilgrim and MadAlfred.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:25 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 696, the worst wrote:mmm hmmm hrm
i might not be giving his scumgame as much credit as it deserves

in avp his scum meta was very underdevelopped so we gave him a super clean metaclear
I don't think it's impossible that Mena's scum game has improved to look more like his town game. In fact, I think it's pretty likely.

A similar thing happened to me in Large Normal 223 where people went through my one scum game at the time and thought 'he's probably town because he's acting different than he was in this game where he was scum.' I ended up winning that game as scum.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 734, emps wrote:

like, me when i don't want to hold my pred's vote but don't want to lolhammer the only other major wagon which isn't literally me

re you/hh vs. you/uncr, the exchange w hh felt more like....something was happening. some wheels were turning. i'm not exactly sure how to describe this. you/uncr could still be s/s out of that exchange, or you could be t/s or t/t. i didn't get a strong feeling.

: ]

what else should i be saying emps buddy and why are you more concerned with the optics of what i'm doing here than what i'm doing here? i just vomited pages of analysable stuff and you came back asking a question about why i did something that looks optically poor and like.. that question about HH vs. uncrowned..?

In post 735, emps wrote:also im kind of voting chemist because of like poe

i dont really scumread any1 that much tbh

which is kind of concerning tbh
In post 736, emps wrote:like if i had to give like a "read" for him i guess itd be like nullscum
this is very concerning yeah
can you throw me a summary of reads?

reads on uncrowned, alduskkel, LAMIST, HH would all be rad
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:03 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 741, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 696, the worst wrote:mmm hmmm hrm
i might not be giving his scumgame as much credit as it deserves

in avp his scum meta was very underdevelopped so we gave him a super clean metaclear
I don't think it's impossible that Mena's scum game has improved to look more like his town game. In fact, I think it's pretty likely.

A similar thing happened to me in Large Normal 223 where people went through my one scum game at the time and thought 'he's probably town because he's acting different than he was in this game where he was scum.' I ended up winning that game as scum.
i love the old cheeky scum meta pivot - it's mostly a matter of if he's able to make this big an adjustment as scum. i still need to fully catch up, i'll keep this at front of mind.
JJJ
JJJ
Goon
JJJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:36 pm

Post by JJJ »

I had something to say but I fell asleep while catching up and forgot what it was

-X
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:38 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

Yeah I think duck is townspewing here. I'm a little sad that Icon wasn't able to answer the questions directed towards it but at least I have a strong read on the slot now.
JJJ
JJJ
Goon
JJJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by JJJ »

I do think one of TW and mena is scum. Kinda liking duck's entrance tho and mena never expanding on how me and AF became null is weird
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:45 pm

Post by Datisi »

Chemist14222 has been prodded and has (expired on 2020-01-02 23:45:20) to post before I start looking for a replacement.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 743, the worst wrote:i love the old cheeky scum meta pivot - it's mostly a matter of if he's able to make this big an adjustment as scum. i still need to fully catch up, i'll keep this at front of mind.
It's definitely something to keep in mind. Like I wouldn't use this as a reason to scumread Mena necessarily, but try not to fall in the trap of 'he's playing to his town meta, therefore he's town' since he'd want to try an emulate that if he were scum.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 746, JJJ wrote:I do think one of TW and mena is scum. Kinda liking duck's entrance tho and mena never expanding on how me and AF became null is weird
Interesting. Anything with their interactions to support this theory?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”