alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:30 pm

Post by alimdia »

In post 138, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 127, alimdia wrote:I'm not so sure why having a gimmick would indicate being town...

I have read your post 122, regarding your homework, I don't use or listen to cases that form from meta.
My read on Hectic is not "he has a gimmick and thus is town" and have said as much at least two times.

If you sort of close your eyes and try to avoid using meta, you're giving yourself a blind spot for no reason at all. In games that are competitive, it's important to study an opponent's tendencies. Doesn't mean that it's the entirety of your read or the most important piece of your read, but refusing to address something that will help you get a more accurate read is incredibly silly.
I've seen meta be completely wrong, as well as coming to the correct conclusion but with completely wrong reasonings.
As far as I'm concerned, what's happening in this game is far more important that I'd give it 90% weighting and any 'meta': 10%
Everyone should be 'aware' of their 'meta' and constantly be changing it, thus it becomes inaccurate.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:39 am

Post by Amrun »

@alimdia: What are you trying to even ask me?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:48 am

Post by alimdia »

Sorry, how is Sujimichi trying to blend in? He's barely posted
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:35 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 152, alimdia wrote:Sorry, how is Sujimichi trying to blend in? He's barely posted
A) I mean, that’s pretty much what a lot of scum do - post only as much as necessary.

B) the tonality of his post is very awkward and buddying of nacho who is obviously one of the stronger players in the game, especially at that juncture.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:59 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 153, Amrun wrote:
In post 152, alimdia wrote:Sorry, how is Sujimichi trying to blend in? He's barely posted
A) I mean, that’s pretty much what a lot of scum do - post only as much as necessary.

B) the tonality of his post is very awkward and buddying of nacho who is obviously one of the stronger players in the game, especially at that juncture.
I find it interesting that you attribute your behavior to you as null but to me as trying to blend in and being scummy. I think if you honestly review the game at the point I replaced in, it was mostly jokes which I do not do well with analyzing. Nachomamma8 was the first player to, in my opinion, do something game advancing. Thus my townread. Then, due to real life reason (of which you also claimed) I was gone for yesterday and I will be absent this afternoon.

I would posit that you view me as easy lynch material and so are fabricating a reason to push me.

HURT: Amrun
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:02 am

Post by Chara »

mostly fun and games, sure, and while it seems hide and seek has been cut short and now we're playing the
real
game, i don't agree that it was all empty fun to start.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:05 am

Post by Sujimichi »

Query: If there is one Friendly Neighbor in this setup and spared players cannot be night killed, would it not make sense for them to claim and be spared during Day 1 as a guaranteed Town Spare? This is an open setup, so if there is no counterclaim then they are telling the truth and if there is a counterclaim we forgo Spare for Fight and are guaranteed a scum lynch no later than D2?
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:05 am

Post by Sujimichi »

I am thinking I am missing something with that reasoning, but I do not see what at this moment.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:06 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 155, Chara wrote:mostly fun and games, sure, and while it seems hide and seek has been cut short and now we're playing the
real
game, i don't agree that it was all empty fun to start.
If you could point out what you view as otherwise that would be helpful. I did not see anything I view as not joking.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:08 am

Post by Chara »

what i think you're missing is Nacho's point. if we spare our guranteed friend and send them away, what have we learned about the ones whose loyalties we can't verify so cleanly?

we need blood first.

if there's some other reason... i don't know it.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:10 am

Post by Chara »

In post 158, Sujimichi wrote:If you could point out what you view as otherwise that would be helpful. I did not see anything I view as not joking.
Mom gave me some homework, so i need to get that dealt with before i get in trouble...

but i don't mind helping you later.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:11 am

Post by Sujimichi »

I understand we need to Fight at some point. I do not see the downside to delaying that to Day 2 with a guaranteed Spare.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:11 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 160, Chara wrote:
In post 158, Sujimichi wrote:If you could point out what you view as otherwise that would be helpful. I did not see anything I view as not joking.
Mom gave me some homework, so i need to get that dealt with before i get in trouble...

but i don't mind helping you later.
Thank you.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:00 am

Post by Hectic »

Tell me
, why do you see his townread of Nacho as buddying rather than genuine? Do you
disagree
with it?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:07 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 154, Sujimichi wrote:I would posit that you view me as easy lynch material and so are fabricating a reason to push me.

Human! Why do you think Amrun views you as easy lynch material? Or do you view yourself as easy lynch material?!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:21 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 154, Sujimichi wrote:

I find it interesting that you attribute your behavior to you as null but to me as trying to blend in and being scummy. I think if you honestly review the game at the point I replaced in, it was mostly jokes which I do not do well with analyzing. Nachomamma8 was the first player to, in my opinion, do something game advancing. Thus my townread. Then, due to real life reason (of which you also claimed) I was gone for yesterday and I will be absent this afternoon.

I would posit that you view me as easy lynch material and so are fabricating a reason to push me.

I don’t scumread you for A. I scumread you for B. A was a response to alimdia, whose response to me did not make sense. Also, making quiet but infrequent content posts is NOT the same thing as not reading the game and then catching up.
In post 163, Hectic wrote:

Tell me
disagree
with it?
I don’t disagree with it. The part where he said he was ashamed for not realizing it or whatever came off as awkward to me.

I don’t have any experience with this player to know if that tone is normal or not, but it’s the best thing worth pushing so far IMO.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:25 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 165, Amrun wrote:I don’t scumread you for A. I scumread you for B. A was a response to alimdia, whose response to me did not make sense. Also, making quiet but infrequent content posts is NOT the same thing as not reading the game and then catching up.
And yet, you did B as well.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:28 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 164, Hectic wrote:
In post 154, Sujimichi wrote:I would posit that you view me as easy lynch material and so are fabricating a reason to push me.

Human! Why do you think Amrun views you as easy lynch material? Or do you view yourself as easy lynch material?!
I am a newer player amongst more experienced players would be my assumption.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:30 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 166, Sujimichi wrote:
In post 165, Amrun wrote:I don’t scumread you for A. I scumread you for B. A was a response to alimdia, whose response to me did not make sense. Also, making quiet but infrequent content posts is NOT the same thing as not reading the game and then catching up.
And yet, you did B as well.
No I didn’t. Nacho literally wrote me a poem to summon me, so, clearly we know each other. In sign up thread I joined to play with nacho, explicitly.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:39 am

Post by Sujimichi »

How is that relevant to the action? I townread Nachomamma8 (for my expressed reason). You townread Nachomamma8 (what was your game related reason?)

Aside from my tone, which I cannot help, our actions were mostly the same.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:40 am

Post by Sujimichi »

Hectic. What is your view on my thoughts surrounding the Friendly Neighbor role?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:46 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 165, Amrun wrote:I don’t disagree with it.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:51 am

Post by Chara »

In post 163, Hectic wrote:

Tell me
disagree
with it?
do all talking flowers sound this suspicious? or, it might just be that gleeful look on your face...

what answer are you hoping to find by asking this question you already know the answer to?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:55 am

Post by Chara »

In post 161, Sujimichi wrote:I understand we need to Fight at some point. I do not see the downside to delaying that to Day 2 with a guaranteed Spare.
what we gain is the means to protect that friendly neighbour from any danger.
what we lose is probably something like... valuable intelligence on the motives of our playmates. blood? along with that neighbour's contribution to our chat.

and it doesn't sound very fun to sit there and let our game play itself for the first day.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:01 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 170, Sujimichi wrote:Hectic. What is your view on my thoughts surrounding the Friendly Neighbor role?
hey pal.
i've been giving what you said some thought.
and honestly?
i don't see any fault in it. all waiting a day does is give those losers a chance to kill them before we get a free SPARE.
see it as starting the game tomorrow. all that'll happen is we're one guaranteed SPARE up and one town player down.
and it's not like we can't discuss today anyway.
the loser lynching can happen tomorrow, we want to SPARE the friendly neighbour at some point anyway, so best to get it done now before there's any risk.
thoughts pal?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”