alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:55 pm

Post by alimdia »

In post 221, Nachomamma8 wrote:
Why are you voting Sherlock when you haven't read ant of his posts?
I quite clearly understand and read the relevant posts in regards to my accusations and his post I'm referencing.
I wonder, do you understand my case?
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:11 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 222, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 161, Sujimichi wrote:I understand we need to Fight at some point. I do not see the downside to delaying that to Day 2 with a guaranteed Spare.
There are no protective roles in this game - scum will be able to kill whoever they like on Night 1. I would rather have the town player that scum want to have around the least chipping their voice in to a kill or even a spare on someone who isn't confirmed town than I would giving scum what basically equates to a free night kill. I believe that risk is worth the 1/8 chance they hit the conf town.
Correct. The Sparing mechanism is the only way to protect Town. I am not sure I understand your logic here. The Mafia are going to kill someone during Night 1 regardless, so what do you mean by "free night kill." Also, all town members are currently present and able to voice their opinions currently (regardless of how many do not seem to be), and there is no way to know someone, other than the Friendly Neighbor, is town prior to their kill and the moderator flipping their role information, so why would you want to Spare someone who isn't confirmed Town over someone who is confirmed Town? I disagree with your risk assessment strongly, and I need to evaluate whether this is truly your opinion on what is best for Town or your desired outcome.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:36 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 207, SherlockHolmes wrote:Watson, allow me quote more directly some of the exchanges that I had upon the adventure:
Alimdia, my fine fellow. I must admit, I find it hard to believe that a gentleman of such upstanding quality as yourself is struggling to comprehend well that which I have written. However, I find it more intriguing still that you choose to hound a question that is quite clearly meaningless. Why should it matter if I accompanied my the good gentleman JTheophrastus Bartholomew or not? This feels rather like an attempt to imitate the search for Moriarty’s minions rather than partaking of the real thing. I also dislike that your seeming focus on this allows you to avoid looking for Moriarty’s minions elsewhere. In fact:

HURT: Alimdia

Although the good gentleman Pine’s lack of presence here is a little disturbing, I have it on good recommendation that the chap prefers working for Moriarty than working against him. As such, I’m taking his limited engagement thus far to be relatively indicative of him being a good sort this game. That said, it is mildly concerning that his inactivity has continued since Nachomamma8’s presence has spiked upward, given that he professed a strong wish to play with him.
But...
why
do you think Alimdia is wrong in his criticism? Though I admire the retaliation, I don't understand it.
In post 41, SherlockHolmes wrote:My initial impressions of the fancy named fellow were that he liked me, a sentiment that I returned. In fact, it was sufficient for me to go along with him a little:

HURT: hectic
Here, you say you go along with Mew because you like him and he likes you, leading you to vote our master.
In post 30, JTheophrastus Bartholomew wrote:HURT: Hectic
HEAL: Sherlock
However
, this is the
only
post Mew has made by that point.
How
can you like him off this, and why do you like the fact he likes you?
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:08 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

hectic, is that why you initially voted to fight Sherlock?
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:10 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

Also to anyone who wants to spare D1 and is voting to fight, or vice versa, why?

I have an idea but I want to see what the rest of y’all are thinking
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:20 am

Post by Pine »

Your mom’s a prod
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:09 am

Post by Amrun »

Ok, Hectic is town based off this page. Nice.

Oof this game is moving pretty slowly. Wish I had something more to add.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:38 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 228, Chemist1422 wrote:hectic, is that why you initially voted to fight Sherlock?
I only noticed
this
detail now.
In post 229, Chemist1422 wrote:Also to anyone who wants to spare D1 and is voting to fight, or vice versa, why?

he's gone.
listen pal, i know the flower's gonna continue to find those losers and i don't mind it.
but y'know, at the end of the day?
just ask my bro and he'll tell ya: it's definitely optimal to SPARE the confirmed neighbour.
now... if a blatantly obvious scum comes along, you might be thinking, shouldn't we lynch them?
nah.
we lynch them the next day and don't take the chance of getting our friendliest of neighbours killed over night.
but for now? we can hunt for those losers to make our decision easier and better informed tomorrow.
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:41 pm

Post by alimdia »

In post 227, Hectic wrote:
In post 207, SherlockHolmes wrote:Watson, allow me quote more directly some of the exchanges that I had upon the adventure:
Alimdia, my fine fellow. I must admit, I find it hard to believe that a gentleman of such upstanding quality as yourself is struggling to comprehend well that which I have written. However, I find it more intriguing still that you choose to hound a question that is quite clearly meaningless. Why should it matter if I accompanied my the good gentleman JTheophrastus Bartholomew or not? This feels rather like an attempt to imitate the search for Moriarty’s minions rather than partaking of the real thing. I also dislike that your seeming focus on this allows you to avoid looking for Moriarty’s minions elsewhere. In fact:

Although the good gentleman Pine’s lack of presence here is a little disturbing, I have it on good recommendation that the chap prefers working for Moriarty than working against him. As such, I’m taking his limited engagement thus far to be relatively indicative of him being a good sort this game. That said, it is mildly concerning that his inactivity has continued since Nachomamma8’s presence has spiked upward, given that he professed a strong wish to play with him.
But...
why
do you think Alimdia is wrong in his criticism? Though I admire the retaliation, I don't understand it.
In post 41, SherlockHolmes wrote:My initial impressions of the fancy named fellow were that he liked me, a sentiment that I returned. In fact, it was sufficient for me to go along with him a little:

HURT: hectic
Here, you say you go along with Mew because you like him and he likes you, leading you to vote our master.
In post 30, JTheophrastus Bartholomew wrote:HURT: Hectic
HEAL: Sherlock
However
, this is the
only
post Mew has made by that point.
How
can you like him off this, and why do you like the fact he likes you?
YES YES YES SOMEONE FINALLY UNDERSTANDS ME
In post 229, Chemist1422 wrote:Also to anyone who wants to spare D1 and is voting to fight, or vice versa, why?

I'm thinking we fight someone D1, because theres a low chance scum kills the friendly neighbourhood N1. Then we get info and connections and not just piss a day away. (And scum still gets a night kill, as I mentioned before)
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:10 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

And now, freedom. My hands are cold but my heart is open and waiting to be filled with beer so I might start making even less sense than I usually do so bear with me.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

HEAL: Hectic

My strongest townread seems to be a sickness that's spreading throughout the entire town; if I spare today, I can't think of anyone I'd rather save than you <3
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:39 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 226, Sujimichi wrote:I disagree with your risk assessment strongly, and I need to evaluate whether this is truly your opinion on what is best for Town or your desired outcome.
My mechanical thoughts here are the same I expressed during the last Undertale game I play and after seeing our town win despite miscues and seeing the SPARE CITY town go down in horrible flames they are thoughts that I continue to maintain. Consider the following points and tell me how crazy I'm being here.

PROPOSAL A: SPARING CONFIRMED TOWN IS NO MORE BENEFICIAL THAN SPARING VANILLA TOWN

Consider the game of billiards. In the game, a "duck" is considered a shot so easy that you basically can't miss it. And yet, common strategy dictates that you don't take ducks the minute they become available; you use them when you don't have any other good shots available. This is because correctly sinking balls that are in OK but not perfect are more valuable than sinking balls that you know you will get anyways - kind of how correctly sparing a vanilla town now is more valuable than a confirmed town. If we back ourselves into a corner and things get mucky, sure, take the duck. But otherwise, why should we take it right now? We still have to sink the same number of balls - why not take care of those we are most likely to lose opportunities in via nightkills
now
and take the duck when it is most convenient to us?

PROPOSAL 2: SCUM PLAYING AROUND MECHANICS OF FRIENDLY NEIGHBOR IS ACTUALLY GOOD FOR TOWN

So, bear with me because I know that I am constantly teetering on the edge of insanity. When we spare someone, that person should always self-hammer and they should always claim friendly neighbor or not while they self-hammer. This means there's a 0% chance of erroneous claims and it prevents the scenario where scum can reasonably claim friendly neighbor and get away with it.

Keeping that in mind, I think it's far better for town if scum have to deal with the possibility of their plans going to shit with mislynch target #1 claiming friendly neighbor and they can no longer push them - we are much more likely to catch them with their pants down than we would be otherwise and I really don't think that getting a correct Spare D1 is a situation that scum is actually in any way afraid of.

My other thought (the smallest of the three, so I'm not making it big and bold) is that we are protecting a player, a voice, not so much a role - thus I'd rather protect someone I know is a good player and I know who will produce and push the town towards a win as opposed to rolling a roulette wheel and hoping that a strong town player is also a friendly neighbor.

Do you still disagree with my risk assessment? Do you kind of see where I'm coming from or do I still seem lost in the sauce?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:45 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 232, Hectic wrote:we lynch them the next day and don't take the chance of getting our friendliest of neighbours killed over night.
My friend - why are you so afraid of this occurring? What is the difference between friendly neighbor getting spared and a good townie getting nightkilled vs a good townie getting nightkilled and the friendly neighbor killed???

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 225, alimdia wrote:
I quite clearly understand and read the relevant posts in regards to my accusations and his post I'm referencing.
Sherlock is voting or was voting with JT because JT healed him. He was explicit about this fact. Where do go from here to get the "Sherlock is scummy for his vote" conclusion?

I'm asking for a friend because I'm totally not voting with Amrun simply because Amrun said hi back.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:57 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Amrun said hi back and I was tickled...
blue

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:59 pm

Post by Hectic »

the analogy and reasons you gave make so much sense...
you have a way with words...
ignore what the skeleton said earlier about friendly neighbour claiming even he's changed his mind...
bye...
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

HURT: Asriel Dreamurr

But, even just saying that, I want to strike out on my own. I liked the "did something interesting?" post but the rest of the ISO seems stilted, withdrawn. Don't mind holding these feet to the fire.

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by Amrun »

I can dig it.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:43 pm

Post by Chara »

HURT: Amrun

this
does
feel more like a round of thundersnail than an exciting battle between good and evil, i can't argue with that.
but Amrun, i'd like to poke the tiger here and see if we can't jumpstart this game a little more, given you expressed a regret at not doing that so far.
i was thinking your fight with Sujimichi was about as low-stakes as mine, so why not fight Asriel with Nacho instead of just nodding at it?

Sujimichi made a good point about who i was fighting. i did think Billy's initial action was suspicious, and wanted to find out more, but it can't do that now and sitting there isn't going to do anything.
Sujimichi didn't exactly impress me when they decided to tag in, but the way they pressed on their friendly neighbourhood idea, and especially the end of , really does feel like Sujimichi is just a straightforward sort!
we might not ever be really
good
friends, but i don't think someone with too much to hide usually responds to me like that.

Asriel's definitely boring me here... i don't mind getting him into things, either.

though... i do hope your volcano metaphor remains a metaphor. he's still my brother. if anyone's going to be holding him over a volcano, it's going to be me.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by Chara »

i was excited about townhunting to start, but no flips is pretty boo.

Nacho explained better than i could why i didn't like the friendly auto-spare idea.

but i'm interested in your idea anyway.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:50 pm

Post by Chara »

i changed my mind about the flower. he's my favourite. bring him back, would you? that ghost is too agreeable, and the skeleton strikes me as very...

self-righteous.
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:00 pm

Post by alimdia »

In post 238, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 225, alimdia wrote:
Sherlock is voting or was voting with JT because JT healed him. He was explicit about this fact. Where do go from here to get the "Sherlock is scummy for his vote" conclusion?

I'm asking for a friend because I'm totally not voting with Amrun simply because Amrun said hi back.
Interesting, I didnt see him say 'because JT healed him'. Okay, what about Sherlock's response? Thats definitely scummy.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:04 pm

Post by Chara »

at the risk of asking the obvious question... why's that?
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:23 pm

Post by alimdia »

Basically refuses to answer, and then says I'm looking at him clearly because to avoid looking elsewhere :roll:
I can literally say that about anything anyone says to me. If thats scummy when I do that, then this is scummy
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Dog Residue
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”