popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Most recent votecount: Dream

Last night, I finished the "fourth*" route: True Pacifism performed on a save file that has previously been used to perform Genocide. Now I actually feel qualified to moderate.

I used the ending portion as an opportunity to view/interact with the flavor claims in this game as much as I could! The only player totally left out was
_____Hectic_______________

Also, I discovered an unintended way to softlock the game by talking to Asgore and walking between him and the wall before he can return to his default posture. I could not repeat it, so it must require precise timing. Be amazed.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:00 pm

Post by Amrun »

@Chara: I don’t remember reading surprise into it but my memory is a little jumbled now due to the back and forth.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:51 pm

Post by Replica »

Rough day, sorry all but I'll be back tomorrow.
SherlockHolmes
SherlockHolmes
Goon
SherlockHolmes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:23 pm

Post by SherlockHolmes »

Who here is townreading nacho at this point? Simple show of hands. If it’s “almost no one” which is the impression I got from skimming back through the last few pages, can we get some more votes there please.

I am steadily more and more convinced of amrun v suji being TvT.
SherlockHolmes
SherlockHolmes
Goon
SherlockHolmes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:28 pm

Post by SherlockHolmes »

I have to go to work now, but should be around more fully later today.

Amrun — I saw that you asked who I am, but I am declining to answer, sorry. I wanted to play on a secret alt to avoid the associations and expectations that normally relate to me when on my main, and may want to play more games on this alt in the future.

I am trying to avoid excessively making meta-based reads because I know that can be frustrating when you don’t know who the person claiming them is. However, some things (reputation, who I like) are things it seems somewhat pointlessly difficult to hide/disguise and I’m not /that/ concerned about my main being outed, I just don’t want to do it explicitly.

Hope you understand.
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:36 pm

Post by Replica »

This isn't well fleshed out but skimming today I'd put scum as something like lying in Nacho/Psyche/Farkran and the rest are town, next guess probably being Chemist.

Chara I'm still feeling out their playstyle but their interaction with me/Amrun's inability to communicate with each other is really, REALLY good. I don't think mediation is quite the right word but this is the type of thing that scum absolutely don't want to defuse or convince one of us to bring to a close. The mutual annoyance of me/Amrun is absolutely the type of town dysfunctionality you let fester.
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:54 pm

Post by Replica »

Something about seeing Amrun call my play black/white is actually really funny to me tonight. I would classify myself as living and breathing in the grey area both in general and in this game. To me their views seem much more black and white than my own (I do a lot of meta, I strongly distrust my ability to toneread players no matter how many games I've had with them, I focus more on matching player perspectives to behaviors+demonstrated process, with more than one way to skin a cat, the list goes on and on)

I'm really surprised I think this is funny and went "Of course!" with a nostril laugh instead of making me really peeved, maybe having a bad day outside the game helped me approach this one with a lot more levity. Either way, this is great.

Amrun at some point I'll probably be snappy or get into a slapfight again but for now I'm just going to breathe and appreciate this moment.
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:14 pm

Post by Replica »

Spoiler: Proof Replica can lighten up and meme
I wanted to double nest the spoilers for the fakeout but IT DOESN'T LET YOU DO IT

Alright now it's time to sleep, this game rules and I'm glad I'm here with everyone. Thanks for letting me go to bed smiling, it's small but I feel a lot better now.

HEAL: popsofctown this one's not just an unvote, it's really for you, the MVP for all the work you put into running this and for letting me replace in.
HEAL: Hectic but ONLY FOR A SECOND WE STILL ON THE SPARE TRAIN CHOO CHOO

See y'all tomorrow
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:17 pm

Post by Psyche »

i just can't focus ugh what have i done
You can't step in the same river twice.
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:29 pm

Post by Replica »

Paradigm shift!

There are so many other ways to start the game than reading back and summarizing immediately. You could try to verbalize exactly what you think is making you struggle. You could also just start with one specific player; I think ISOing Alim or Chemist would be really accessible places to start. Alternatively, 8/10 chance of sparing correctly isn't bad for Day 1!
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:35 pm

Post by Psyche »

At very least, I'm sympathetic w/ suspicion against nacho. I think it's because I've picked up kinda high expectations for his townplay, and he doesn't seem to really be meeting them here. But that's so weak! I'm totally aware that it's so weak!

I don't like Hectic's or Sherlock's schtick. They're both quite distracting. I disagree w/ Nacho's mentioned rationale re:Hectic asserting the towniness of loose/chilled-out play. My experience is that it's way easier to relax in a game thread w/o the burden of having no idea who scum is. There's so much less responsibility for what you say in a situation like that - all sorts of bullshit becomes game!

Do agree though that Sujimishi's gameplay here is a lot different from his in micro 917. In general, Hectic's posts are reasonably substantive and don't seem very disingenuous. I guess in the end I do think the Spare call has some ground? Yeah, I'm actually willing to enthusiastically roll with that.

Ok, I feel better. I'm starting to get opinions. I'd rather we lynch people. But finding town can be so much easier than deciding someone's scum, in my experience. Ugh.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:37 pm

Post by Psyche »

HEAL: Hectic

im not a sheep im a freethinker im just freely associating. ha free association get it i have a psychology schtick
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:44 pm

Post by Psyche »

i betcha alimdia is scum
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:47 pm

Post by Farkran »

In post 576, Amrun wrote:Farkran came in armed and active and all of a sudden seemed harder to lynch.
I am SO adding this line to my sig postgame :lol:
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:53 pm

Post by Farkran »

In post 577, Sujimichi wrote:In regard to Farkran, not enough time has passed for me to re-evaluate. I believe that Farkran is one that can get caught in a tunnel on players as town (to the detriment of the town), but also is one that can use his activity levels to lead town as Mafia. Admittedly, I have not played with Farkran where he has been Mafia, so that is a weaker statement on my part. As it stands, the largest Fight wagon of the day was on Farkran when he replaced in, and I am currently trying to assess whether he contributions thus far are an honest attempt to sort the players that were on his wagon, or to redirect his wagon onto a mislynch. I am unlikely to be able to answer that today.
Well thanks for the free shade, our only experience together is a 13p game where we were both town and we won day 4, i only mislynched one guy out of mech PoE, but ok, providing only "detriment of the town" and "good mafia leader" as the descriptions available for me sounds fine. I'm not taking it on a personal level though, it just feels very off tone for a player such as you, who claims to be immune to emotional influences.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:55 pm

Post by Farkran »

In post 552, Farkran wrote:I'd like to run a questionary to everyone.

Say you need to pick exactly one scum in {nacho, amrun, chara and suji}. Who do you pick and why?

I'm not currently interested in theories where there are no scum or more than one scum among those, the premise is that there is exactly one. Let's try it. It's going to be useful.
@Replica, Sherlock, Psyche, can you answer this for me? I'll ask Toriel to prepare cookies if you do
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:06 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 605, Replica wrote:This isn't well fleshed out but skimming today I'd put scum as something like lying in Nacho/Psyche/Farkran and the rest are town, next guess probably being Chemist.
Is this still due to Asriel, or do you scumread anything in my own posts as Farkran?

Also i'm wondering how Nacho specifically has now became consensus FoS from Suji and Replica (and sherlock, but he looks independent from the other two), but none of them are questioning the towniness of Hectic (Nacho is the leading train for his spare) or my scumminess (Nacho is the only remaining fight vote on me). Actually, i have to admit Suji did question my scumminess by switching his vote to Nacho. Hmmm.

Nacho, i'd like to hear your opinion on these interactions from you, please.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:07 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 610, Psyche wrote:At very least, I'm sympathetic w/ suspicion against nacho. I think it's because I've picked up kinda high expectations for his townplay, and he doesn't seem to really be meeting them here. But that's so weak! I'm totally aware that it's so weak!

I don't like Hectic's or Sherlock's schtick. They're both quite distracting. I disagree w/ Nacho's mentioned rationale re:Hectic asserting the towniness of loose/chilled-out play. My experience is that it's way easier to relax in a game thread w/o the burden of having no idea who scum is. There's so much less responsibility for what you say in a situation like that - all sorts of bullshit becomes game!

Do agree though that Sujimishi's gameplay here is a lot different from his in micro 917. In general, Hectic's posts are reasonably substantive and don't seem very disingenuous. I guess in the end I do think the Spare call has some ground? Yeah, I'm actually willing to enthusiastically roll with that.

Ok, I feel better. I'm starting to get opinions. I'd rather we lynch people. But finding town can be so much easier than deciding someone's scum, in my experience. Ugh.
And this. At least this one is questioning Hectic spare. Still, it feels very weird that my highest scumreads are now SLing nacho.

I hate to interrupt my catchup but i need to be away several hours, working away from home today. I'll get back this evening.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:12 am

Post by Psyche »

i don't think im SLing nacho anymore
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:15 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 615, Farkran wrote:
In post 552, Farkran wrote:I'd like to run a questionary to everyone.

Say you need to pick exactly one scum in {nacho, amrun, chara and suji}. Who do you pick and why?

I'm not currently interested in theories where there are no scum or more than one scum among those, the premise is that there is exactly one. Let's try it. It's going to be useful.
@Replica, Sherlock, Psyche, can you answer this for me? I'll ask Toriel to prepare cookies if you do
probably amrun. chara is null too though. i just haven't found any towntells in two relatively long isos.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:49 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 614, Farkran wrote:
In post 577, Sujimichi wrote:In regard to Farkran, not enough time has passed for me to re-evaluate. I believe that Farkran is one that can get caught in a tunnel on players as town (to the detriment of the town), but also is one that can use his activity levels to lead town as Mafia. Admittedly, I have not played with Farkran where he has been Mafia, so that is a weaker statement on my part. As it stands, the largest Fight wagon of the day was on Farkran when he replaced in, and I am currently trying to assess whether he contributions thus far are an honest attempt to sort the players that were on his wagon, or to redirect his wagon onto a mislynch. I am unlikely to be able to answer that today.
Well thanks for the free shade, our only experience together is a 13p game where we were both town and we won day 4, i only mislynched one guy out of mech PoE, but ok, providing only "detriment of the town" and "good mafia leader" as the descriptions available for me sounds fine. I'm not taking it on a personal level though, it just feels very off tone for a player such as you, who claims to be immune to emotional influences.
Apologies. I did not intend to "shade" or insult you, rather explain where I am coming from and why I think that my initial scum read on you in this game could be explained by Town behavior. This was support for my unvote and statement that I feel I would be able to read you alignment better later in the game. I am not sure where you feel I am being emotional in this expression.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:51 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 616, Farkran wrote:Also i'm wondering how Nacho specifically has now became consensus FoS from Suji and Replica (and sherlock, but he looks independent from the other two), but none of them are questioning the towniness of Hectic (Nacho is the leading train for his spare) or my scumminess (Nacho is the only remaining fight vote on me). Actually, i have to admit Suji did question my scumminess by switching his vote to Nacho. Hmmm.
My town read on Hectic is independent of my read on Nachomama8. Are you asserting that a scum player would not accurately town read a Town player intentionally? You are correct in that I stated that I was re-evaluating you as Mafia and have provided where you fall in my current Fight order.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:53 am

Post by Amrun »

@Replica: idk maybe black/white isn’t exactly right. Maybe rigid is better. Let’s hug it out?

If y’all fucking fight nacho day 1 I’ll have fisticuffs with all of you individually.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:19 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 622, Amrun wrote:@Replica: idk maybe black/white isn’t exactly right. Maybe rigid is better. Let’s hug it out?

If y’all fucking fight nacho day 1 I’ll have fisticuffs with all of you individually.
Why? What is it about his play that you find so strongly indicative of Town?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:39 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 623, Sujimichi wrote:
In post 622, Amrun wrote:@Replica: idk maybe black/white isn’t exactly right. Maybe rigid is better. Let’s hug it out?

Why? What is it about his play that you find so strongly indicative of Town?
What about his play is it that you find so strongly to be scum? Everyone’s cases are garbage.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”