Bingle--------------------------------------
(2)
Amrun, Farkran

Psyche -------------------------------------

Not Fighting:
- (3) Psyche, Chara, Bingle

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

3>3>3>3>3>3>

After sending Bingle down the slide, Psyche thought about what it had just said. It had pointed out how little Nachomamma8 and Hectic could be trusted to take care of themselves. Sending Bingle down there was having the mouse watch the cheese.
"Oh no! What have I done? I am not happy with this."
Psyche thought about which youngling is most deserving of respect, and turned to look at Asgore's little spitting image.
"You should go down there. The slide is pretty safe now, Farkran. I think you are very responsible and best fit to oversee any excavation endeavors, and maybe even deserve dominion over the final result. Please send Bingle back up here in your place."
Farkran was not too hard to convince. He gave Psyche a pat on the head, then slid down the slide, getting scraped rather than singed by the remaining lava since it had cooled and hardened. It wasn't too bad.
When Farkran arrived, Bingle was saying something about "washing the dirt off of dirty little Hectic", and it was clearly trouble.
"You need to head back to the yard, Bingle. Sorry!"
Farkran grabbed Bingle and shook him, causing him to begin rumbling. Then when he could tell it was about to blow, Farkran set Bingle feet first at the bottom of the slide and gave it a final shake. When Bingle erupted, the jet of lava propelled it up the slide, back into the yard, leaving behind a bright red vapor trail.
"There we go," Farkran concluded.

With nine alive, it takes five to make a decision.
(expired on 2020-02-14 20:00:00).
Replacement Key
Last edited by popsofctown on Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:23 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 1521, Chara wrote:
In post 1515, Farkran wrote:
In post 1512, Chara wrote:how is it both true that you're not being townread enough for scum to spare you for towncred (first paragraph), but you're townread enough that it's a
ballsy move for scum to spare you because it might actually go through
? (paragraph 4)
Read again: it's only apparently a ballsy move, because i only allowed it in a Psyche/Nacho solve. Nacho is the only other slot that claimed a townread on me, so scum!psyche would be 100% sure nacho wouldn't join therefore i could never be spared.
i'm not sure how likely it is that scum would think this way to begin with... and i'd be lying if i said i really understood it. this approach to categorizing teams is so alien to me.
it sounds like you don't think Hectic and i are scum anymore?
I'm testing theories. I actually don't think psyche is scum at this exact moment in time. Bingle and chemist could be vanity, psyche gave me momentum. Unless he is scum exactly with nacho, he's town. Very likely.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:23 am

Post by Replica »

Re: Bingle TR

I don't think I need to justify why lynching my top TR is a "disaster" and the fact that you're acting as though it were a scumslip for a me/Bingle team and would immediately lead to my scumloss, speaks for itself. Literally anyone who townreads me should not at all be surprised by that reaction. People don't have to townread me, but acting like THAT of all things is out of alignment with how I've been all game long is a hoot.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:24 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1507, Farkran wrote:Just a theory. What's your scumcase on me again? I know i've been asking more than once but i'd like to be updated on your thoughts.

Mostly based on the arguments you were using to push Hectic/Chara/Replica start of day. I can get why you thought my SPARE>FIGHT>SPARE on Chara could look weird, since it kinda reeks of scum SPARING someone while they townread them, and FIGHTING someone when they scumread them, and flipping again, but other than that, a lot of your arguments have flaws which have already been pointed out by Chara/Replica/Nacho, and I'm more inclined to believe you're scum who's derailing a town SPARE train that rarely concedes any points/sees reason, rather than extremely an stubborn townie that is constantly wrong (sorry if this is a little harsh but most of your arguments do revolve around scum!me), and using flawed arguments.
Also, the Suji IC thing from yesterday, and I think your stance on SPARE/FIGHT is a little too extreme. I mean, you played in that townhunting game, and town managed to lynch 6 town in a row (lynching town was the aim), I don't see why you're SO averse to it. And yes, I know, that game had flips, but this game has a WIN upon 4 successful SPARES.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:25 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 1524, Chara wrote:what does 3 spare/1 lynch have to do with it? the one lynch needs to be scum for it to work.
Being confident in getting EXACTLY 3 town and 1 scum lynch is ... literally even worse than being confident in getting 4 town. I mean not even i, in my worst moments, have ego that overwhelmingly grand. If that was the assumption that made him push that exact route, i'm not buying it. Ever.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:26 am

Post by Farkran »

Ebwop: 3 town SPARES, 1 scum lynch, i mean
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:30 am

Post by Replica »

Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:31 am

Post by Replica »

Friendly reminder that this dude again THOUGHT I WAS TOWN until I expressed horror at the thought of my repeatedly expressed townread and spare vote instead getting lynched.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:32 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1527, Replica wrote:Re: Bingle TR

I don't think I need to justify why lynching my top TR is a "disaster" and the fact that you're acting as though it were a scumslip for a me/Bingle team and would immediately lead to my scumloss, speaks for itself. Literally anyone who townreads me should not at all be surprised by that reaction. People don't have to townread me, but acting like THAT of all things is out of alignment with how I've been all game long is a hoot.
as a rule i don't really like secondary meta. i maintain there are too many variables to determine anything particularly strong from a handful of games read cold, because things like thread environment/free time to dedicate to mafia/some other third thing, i don't know, affect posting significantly as well. i probably won't change your mind on this but i am listening if you have anything from this game that's convincing.

as for the rest of this post, yes it's strange to think you wouldn't be upset by a mislynch on your top TR.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:32 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 1527, Replica wrote:Re: Bingle TR

So, right now you have enough confidence in yourself that:

- i am the worst player that ever existed, both as town because i have terrible reads, and as scum because you caught me immediately
- amrun has shit-level reads
- psyche is the worst town player that ever existed for giving momentum to my spare wagon
- bingle is so town that his flip will glow like pristine elucidated emeralds

So much that you are willing to:
- spare a slot you don't like over Chara or Bingle himself
- concede your strategy, that you promoted with such vehemency ever since you joined, by lynching a slot in d2

To prevent a bingle flip.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:35 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1529, Farkran wrote:
In post 1524, Chara wrote:what does 3 spare/1 lynch have to do with it? the one lynch needs to be scum for it to work.
Being confident in getting EXACTLY 3 town and 1 scum lynch is ... literally even worse than being confident in getting 4 town. I mean not even i, in my worst moments, have ego that overwhelmingly grand. If that was the assumption that made him push that exact route, i'm not buying it. Ever.
okay, but... back to the actual point being made here, which was Replica not wanting to mislynch a TR, where's the problem? what's the contradiction?

replica wants 4 spares: doesn't want to ruin it with a TR getting mislynched.
replica wants 3 spares and a scum lynch: still doesn't want Bingle lynched.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:40 am

Post by Farkran »

@chara: I'm not even voting replica right now. I'm just really perplexed as to why replica would go to such distances to prevent a bingle flip, instead actively strenghtening his scumcase against me - by superficially quoting how i was townreading him until moments ago - except that i didn't even say i am scumreading him right now, i just asked for his thoughts. I explicitly said i am testing theories. What generated such an aggressive reaction?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:43 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 1535, Chara wrote:
In post 1529, Farkran wrote:
okay, but... back to the actual point being made here, which was Replica not wanting to mislynch a TR, where's the problem? what's the contradiction?

replica wants 4 spares: doesn't want to ruin it with a TR getting mislynched.
replica wants 3 spares and a scum lynch: still doesn't want Bingle lynched.
I mean, he wants 4 spares, yet he casts a hurt vote on me when he has never done that until now?

What gives him enough confidence in town!bingle AND scum!farkran to do that?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:43 am

Post by Replica »

In post 1534, Farkran wrote:So, right now you have enough confidence in yourself that:

- i am the worst player that ever existed, both as town because i have terrible reads, and as scum because you caught me immediately
- psyche is the worst town player that ever existed for giving momentum to my spare wagon

- concede your strategy, that you promoted with such vehemency ever since you joined, by lynching a slot in d2

Yes, absolutely yes. Yes to all of these loaded questions and assertions.

Psyche if you're listening you are the worst town player I have ever encountered for this single read in a single game and I don't know how you live with yourself. You are rivaled only by Amrun, whose reads match up with mine completely minus one, because her reads are OBVIOUSLY SHIT
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:46 am

Post by Replica »

I went back to quote it only to realize I missed the "Am I wrong" part of "Am I wrong and the team is exactly Bingle/Replica"

Between that and missing the giant "Chara" in Hectic's post the lesson here is take a shower and put in your contacts when you roll out of bed instead of grabbing your phone first thing.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:47 am

Post by Chara »

someone can be scumreading you confidently and not calling you the worst scum to have ever existed.
and... the rest of the post is a massive exaggeration so i don't see the point in responding to it.

taking a concept from Replica like (for example, i don't believe he actually said this), "i think you're scum, so i disagree with Psyche's decision to spare you" and turning it into "i think Psyche is the worst town player that ever existed" is just so far and away a misrepresentation of the situation. and that's just one part of the post.
this is what a strawman is, by the way. constructing a false argument in order to tear it down or discredit it.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:49 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1539, Replica wrote:I went back to quote it only to realize I missed the "Am I wrong" part of "Am I wrong and the team is exactly Bingle/Replica"

Between that and missing the giant "Chara" in Hectic's post the lesson here is take a shower and put in your contacts when you roll out of bed instead of grabbing your phone first thing.
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:50 am

Post by Replica »

it was in RED goddamnit
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:53 am

Post by Farkran »

To reiterate: i have an hard time buying that Replica was REALLY confident he could get a full town 4-spared strategy. You must assume you could spare one scum, and have a backup plan if that happens. Yet, he's now pushing for a lynch to prevent a spare on a scumread. In order to prevent a flip on a townread. Where does this level of confidence come from?

Pedit @replica: you're not going to win me via ate again. You aren't even communicating, you're just insulting.

Pedit2 @replica again: ok. Still doesn't explain where you are getting your confidence. Flipping bingle is not "the brink of disaster". You're being assertively manipulative for no reason. I am going to a desktop to reread your towncase or bingle now
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:54 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1538, Replica wrote:
In post 1534, Farkran wrote:So, right now you have enough confidence in yourself that:

Yes, absolutely yes. Yes to all of these loaded questions and assertions.

Psyche if you're listening you are the worst town player I have ever encountered for this single read in a single game and I don't know how you live with yourself. You are rivaled only by Amrun, whose reads match up with mine completely minus one, because her reads are OBVIOUSLY SHIT
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:56 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1528, Hectic wrote:
In post 1507, Farkran wrote:Just a theory. What's your scumcase on me again? I know i've been asking more than once but i'd like to be updated on your thoughts.

Mostly based on the arguments you were using to push Hectic/Chara/Replica start of day. I can get why you thought my SPARE>FIGHT>SPARE on Chara could look weird, since it kinda reeks of scum SPARING someone while they townread them, and FIGHTING someone when they scumread them, and flipping again, but other than that, a lot of your arguments have flaws which have already been pointed out by Chara/Replica/Nacho, and I'm more inclined to believe you're scum who's derailing a town SPARE train that rarely concedes any points/sees reason, rather than extremely an stubborn townie that is constantly wrong (sorry if this is a little harsh but most of your arguments do revolve around scum!me), and using flawed arguments.
Also, the Suji IC thing from yesterday, and I think your stance on SPARE/FIGHT is a little too extreme. I mean, you played in that townhunting game, and town managed to lynch 6 town in a row (lynching town was the aim), I don't see why you're SO averse to it. And yes, I know, that game had flips, but this game has a WIN upon 4 successful SPARES.
Farkran?
You think this is unreasonable?
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:57 am

Post by Replica »

lmao, this dude, of ALL PEOPLE, calls a potential TR lynch/SR spare the "brink of disaster" is being assertively manipulative.

first part still isn't worth responding to until someone else can't figure it out and asks me themselves
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:59 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1543, Farkran wrote:To reiterate: i have an hard time buying that Replica was REALLY confident he could get a full town 4-spared strategy. You must assume you could spare one scum, and have a backup plan if that happens.
why? why must you?

i believe the exact same thing.
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:59 am

Post by Replica »

I really need to stop switching which grammatical structure I'm going for halfway through the sentence goddamn

it's SHOWER TIME i gotta get ready for the jellicle ball and my 98th viewing of cats in theater
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:06 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1506, Chemist1422 wrote:
In post 1503, Hectic wrote:Anything changed with regards to your Nacho/Farkran reads since then, Chemist?
Honestly not really

Nacho’s push on me didn’t give me any warm feelings and Farkran is still posting well
can you go more into what you like about Farkran's posting?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”