Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7425 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:01 am

Post by Trojan Horses »

In post 7422, gobbledygook wrote:So my super spicy reads were that it was TH + NM and either BBmolla or NSG. Lie Ren did that newbie scumtell that RC pointed out on both TH and BBmolla. Lie Ren townread both TH and BBmolla for their effort.
How could you scumread me after all my effort Gob :o
I'll prolly stop putting in as much effort as town in the future lol
Infectious stealth hydra

Wild, wild horses couldn’t drag us away.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7426 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:02 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 7423, Yshtola Rhul wrote:
In post 7419, Trojan Horses wrote:
In post 7415, Yshtola Rhul wrote:This game was very rough to the point where I don't think playing to the top of my scumrange on Blake would be enough to win. The town win condition is cruel.
But why? All you had to do was lynch Eve or Baezu here, then take us to LyLo with SirCakez.
He always votes us over you there. I always vote him over you.
I think you underestimate how many people I would expect to immediately scumread me for not dying.
This is exactly why I wanted to lynch in Halloween. I wanted to see who would die because I was able to make a compelling case that everyone in that game could be town.
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7427 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:03 am

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 7426, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 7415, Yshtola Rhul wrote:This game was very rough to the point where I don't think playing to the top of my scumrange on Blake would be enough to win. The town win condition is cruel.
But why? All you had to do was lynch Eve or Baezu here, then take us to LyLo with SirCakez.
I think you underestimate how many people I would expect to immediately scumread me for not dying.
This is exactly why I wanted to lynch in Halloween. I wanted to see who would die because I was able to make a compelling case that everyone in that game could be town.
If it helps, the only path I saw to a win saw you dying overnight.
Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7428 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:03 am

Post by Trojan Horses »

In post 7423, Yshtola Rhul wrote:I think you underestimate how many people I would expect to immediately scumread me for not dying.
As a general principle, sure; but gamestate indicated otherwise. Even then, it's a gamble on this fact (since Cakez and I were going hard at each other and I basically towncleared you). You could always just say that you were lurking out and hence evaded it. You could just NK me.

I'm sorry Ank but I felt like scum had a somewhat good winpath here if you were scum.
Infectious stealth hydra

Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7429 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:04 am

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 7428, Trojan Horses wrote:
In post 7423, Yshtola Rhul wrote:I think you underestimate how many people I would expect to immediately scumread me for not dying.
As a general principle, sure; but gamestate indicated otherwise. Even then, it's a gamble on this fact (since Cakez and I were going hard at each other and I basically towncleared you). You could always just say that you were lurking out and hence evaded it. You could just NK me.

I'm sorry Ank but I felt like scum had a somewhat good winpath here if you were scum.
This also requires me to approach the game as a mastermind. I never intended to.
Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7430 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:05 am

Post by Trojan Horses »

In post 7429, Yshtola Rhul wrote:This also requires me to approach the game as a mastermind. I never intended to.
:(
I guess I feel nothing for the win, if you're indeed not trolling us.
Infectious stealth hydra

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #7431 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:05 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I should note that my Halloween reads were determined by random.org
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7432 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:05 am

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

I'll go into my thoughts postgame.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7433 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:05 am

Post by SirCakez »

Nero was definitely one of the MVPs of this game
He saved a fucked slot
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7434 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:06 am

Post by Trojan Horses »

I think that scum should never give up, as a general rule, always fight till your chances are literally 0, but okay.
Infectious stealth hydra

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7435 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:08 am

Post by Nero Cain »

scums chances were kinda zero? no way NM was getting out of a lynch despite Farside trying to get BB lynched over NM.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7436 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:09 am

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 7434, Trojan Horses wrote:I think that scum should never give up, as a general rule, always fight till your chances are literally 0, but okay.
I didn't find the winning path until it was too late.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7437 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:10 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean, I'm glad town won and all but this does seem like it was townsided so I feel a bit as if town maybe didn't "earn it"
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7438 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:14 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 7425, Trojan Horses wrote:
In post 7422, gobbledygook wrote:So my super spicy reads were that it was TH + NM and either BBmolla or NSG. Lie Ren did that newbie scumtell that RC pointed out on both TH and BBmolla. Lie Ren townread both TH and BBmolla for their effort.
How could you scumread me after all my effort Gob :o
I'll prolly stop putting in as much effort as town in the future lol
It was mainly the fact that I felt like you had no direction in this game. You were VERY gung ho about getting me lynched in WF, but here after reading the last two pages of your iso I could not confidently say who you wanted to lynch.

It really looked like you and Nancy had a strategy of taking complete opposite stances of one another as a way to have no stances to push as a hydra. It is something that scum hydra do a lot to look like they are solving. And then there was the effort tell that RC had mentioned and it applied to both you and BBmolla.

Plus, like, I dont know what it is about Nancy, but her baseline play is super scummy to me. It looks so fake and opportunistic to me.

At the end of the day, I specifically wanted YOU to die and that is why I was calling you obvtown over and over so that scum would kill you :lol: With you gone, I could focus on my game because I would have that doubt gone from my mind. :lol:

If it is NM + BBmolla, I think town wins either way by playing through Xmas. I was hard townreading everyone else in that game except the trio of NM, BBmolla, and NSG. I admit I was being too harsh on my expectations of NSG.

Like I could have made a compelling case for you being scum just as I did for Dongempire being scum.
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7439 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:15 am

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

I think the game works fine if the town win condition is based on two scum deaths in the same game.

This game suddenly becomes very winnable under those circumstances.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #7440 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:15 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 7433, SirCakez wrote:Nero was definitely one of the MVPs of this game
He saved a fucked slot
Agreed.
In post 7435, Nero Cain wrote:scums chances were kinda zero? no way NM was getting out of a lynch despite Farside trying to get BB lynched over NM.
If im right both were scum!
I probably should have lynched nm but i was worried scum were going to set me up as a mislynch the next day
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7441 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:16 am

Post by Trojan Horses »

In post 7438, gobbledygook wrote:It was mainly the fact that I felt like you had no direction in this game. You were VERY gung ho about getting me lynched in WF, but here after reading the last two pages of your iso I could not confidently say who you wanted to lynch.
Yes, I don't have confidence always :P
Infectious stealth hydra

Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7442 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:16 am

Post by Churros »

I wouldn't SR your slot because I was like "No way Cephir does this as scum" to be fair, if you were including me on this.

In hindsight I should stop these reads if you were really scum, because in fact I only got it right once with that thing, and got it wrong far more often.
Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7443 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:17 am

Post by Trojan Horses »

In post 7438, gobbledygook wrote:effort tell
Effort tell?

Yes, it's always easy to write what looks like a compelling case on me since I post a lot, but when you realize it isn't strong enough to counter the far more compelling case that I am town... :P
Infectious stealth hydra

Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7444 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:17 am

Post by Churros »

In post 7439, Yshtola Rhul wrote:I think the game works fine if the town win condition is based on two scum deaths in the same game.

This game suddenly becomes very winnable under those circumstances.
I agree.

I wouldn't put as much stock in bussing being anti-associative in this universe though.

I only thought bussing was very anti-associative here because the win condition punished bussing brutally. Especially given 2 partners wouldn't likely get credit for a bus.
Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7445 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:18 am

Post by Trojan Horses »

In post 7442, Churros wrote:In hindsight I should stop these reads if you were really scum, because in fact I only got it right once with that thing, and got it wrong far more often.
Titus nailed Sushi!scum right off the bat lol :3
Infectious stealth hydra

gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7446 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:18 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 7441, Trojan Horses wrote:
In post 7438, gobbledygook wrote:It was mainly the fact that I felt like you had no direction in this game. You were VERY gung ho about getting me lynched in WF, but here after reading the last two pages of your iso I could not confidently say who you wanted to lynch.
Yes, I don't have confidence always :P
lol the last page of the mason pt is me talking to myself and I'm like TH IS A MASTERMIND PLAYING INTO MY MASTERMIND SECRET READS HEHEH

But at least I maintained a scum read on NM throughout so even if I did WOAT you and Nancy we would still with a NM lynch :shifty:
Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7447 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:19 am

Post by Trojan Horses »

In post 7444, Churros wrote:I only thought bussing was very anti-associative here because the win condition punished bussing brutally. Especially given 2 partners wouldn't likely get credit for a bus.
AND NOT_MAFIA IS ONE OF THE SCUMZ

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... _to_bus%3F

This article by RadiantCowbells is very good.
Infectious stealth hydra

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7448 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:20 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I was really wrong about YR. I mean, the whole "just fluff posting"
IS
scummy but I thought Cephirs breakdown was kinda townie.

gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7449 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:21 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 7443, Trojan Horses wrote:
In post 7438, gobbledygook wrote:effort tell
Effort tell?

Yes, it's always easy to write what looks like a compelling case on me since I post a lot, but when you realize it isn't strong enough to counter the far more compelling case that I am town... :P
RC said scum, and newbie scum in particular, are more willing to townread their partners for effort. Lie Ren did those for both you and BBmolla. I quoted the relevant posts in the mason PT.

Also, this game has birthed the abomination known as the four headed hydra of bitmap/firebringer/gobbledygook/okapoka, so town and scum beware, we will ruin your game and troll you until we die.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”