Micro 940: A Normal Blitz II - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 7:48 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

I have work in 2 hours, this has been a waste of my time. Goodn ight
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 7:51 pm

Post by Madoka »

In post 319, Hiraki wrote:You are implying that this is objective based rather than perception based. I think we may just be thinking of the same idea with different terms. I am saying that he is objectifying his perception in order to look townie. You are saying that his perception is an object to use to look townie. In which case, we would be agreeing rather than what I stated.
I was referring to this:
In post 163, Hiraki wrote:
In post 125, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I'll introduce a third party and interject a question of my own:
Why are you squeamish about Datisi's naked vote and not mine? Why are you squeamish about wagons forming on people you have no reads on?

Unless you have a read on Umlaut?
Wow, maybe I am wrong.
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 9:12 pm

Post by Madoka »

I have been skimming, but I am no longer V/LA and will be able to put more time into this. Also Micc, you didn't read this. If you did, I wasn't V/LA, I'm lying.

I am up to page 5 on in-depth reading:

Spoiler: Look at me I am so Town
5 nai
6 nai
8 nai
9 nai
10 nai
hu: town, non-lamisty as compared to previous game
12 nai
13 nai
14 nai and also i dont know what this means
15 nai
18 nai and funny
ge: town, only town role fish and role phish and roll fish
ge: town flex posting
da: scum joke
hu: scum vote
ge: town reaction
hu: town perspective
ge: town reaction
sh: town involvement
34 nai
da: hedgey = scummy
hu: town, is ok with people being town read / not arguing against it
38 nai
39 nai
41 nai
ge: town, guiltless
44 nai
45 nai
hu: nvm he is arguing against it
47 nai
hu: no, faking that requires premeditation. george was clearly reacting in the moment. you dont need meta for this
54 nai bugspray/umlaut line funny
hu: i believe
58 nai
ge: do the town reads really come from meta? i dont think so. this read on hem is iffy
hu: weird post. really weird post
61 nai
da: hedge again
nai shiki #2
66 nai
67 nai
68 nai
69 nai shiki #3
70 nai
hu: yes i agree
hu: good accepting it
74 nai but man this is a completely different guy from last game it's making me feel weird
da: is reading as unnaturaly conversive to me. is this bias??? my experience with him is limited so let's make this nai
76 nai
da: good tone
80 nai
81 nai
82 nai and scaring me
83 nai and i thought i knew fear before
84 nai
85 nai
86 nai
87 nai lol whyyy
ho: good eval
89 nai
hu: alright point
91 nai
hu: highly town indicative. hu in previous game was very forceful with his positions
94 nai
sh: good eval
98 nai
99 nai
100 nai
hu: no good, it wasnt suspicious at all
103 nai also don't know why he said this
hu: good
105 nai
106 nai
109 nai
110 nai
111 nai
113 nai
ho: hmmm
115 nai
117 nai
118 nai
122 nai
123 nai

From the content up to that point,

♡ I am town reading HEM. He is playing in an easy going way and does not seem to care too much about players being town read. In the previous game he pushed for players pretty hard so as to avoid being PoEd. He was also very LAMISTy and he does not appear to be making an effort to appear town here. My negatives are that his friendliness and jovial character is making me feel weird because of the stark contrast with his previous play. It does make me wonder if he is trying to be so different from the last game, that he is town read by meta.
@Holden
, did scum HEM in your last game play similarly to Blitz I? Or did he change up his style? Do you think his play here is within the realm of being deliberately different? Another thing that is weirding me out is how he keeps addressing Shiki. But I think the most suspicious part of HEM's play was his read on the George situation. George simply was not scummy there, and HEM portrayed everyone else's read of the situation as coming from meta, but I do not think that was the case except for Shiki. I suppose this, along with the way HEM has been addressing Shiki, could be explained if they are in a neighborhood and Shiki expressed her meta view of George privately.

♡ I have a town impression of George. His reaction to the masons claim appeared natural and fluid. My only negative is that his play is different than the previous Blitz. That does not provide enough data, however, for this to greatly impact my read. Oh, I also was not fond of his HEM read. George agreed that everyone's view of him came from meta, but again, I do not think that was true. He just looked townie from the situation.

♡ I have a town impression of Shiki. I agreed with her analysis of HEM.

♡ I have a slight town impression of Holden. I liked his perspective on George.

♡ I have a slight scum impression of Datasi. He seems off, but I am not sure how much of that is bias from future pages. Datisi once told me that he is great at being town read from town as tone, so it is concerning that I am getting a scum impression. The hedgeyness of his pan cakes is what pinged me. Is it really a pot bake if it comes with an asterisk? That is a warm make not a hot sake. The timing of his HEM pot cake also did not seem natural.

If Shiki and HEM are neighbors, the setup is looking similar to this game. It may be then, that the neighbors are both town, and mafia consists of a traffic analyst and a goon.
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 9:32 pm

Post by Madoka »

Ok, looking through that last page, I think it is safe to lock HEM as town.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 11:54 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 342, Hoctac wrote:Yeah, but what if he's a mafia mason
In post 344, Hoctac wrote:Oh wait, that's Werewolf or Survivor mason. Interesting.
:igmeou:

~
In post 363, humaneatingmonkey wrote:For example, Datisi here who self-admits having mental breakdowns when he's being pushed, would you say that he's scum for caring how he's perceived?
can confirm i care how i'm perceived and that i'm of the old-school thought townies should actually try to act like town, also it happened
one time

~
In post 377, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 278, Datisi wrote:i think some points on why the claim is suspicious have already been brought up and i have already said i agree with them but i'm not insane enough to push a mason claim on day 1 so does it even really matter what i think.
Hiraki, do you think Datisi cares too much about town perception by not pushing a mason claim here?
i remember when i was first reading this part of the game i actually thought of that post of mine, and then i saw monkey quote and comment on it and i was like "whoa mindmeld"

i am kinda getting the creeps i'm brought up this often even tho i understand why it's happening due to what discussion is going on

also yeah room-temperature take monkey is town wow

~
In post 387, Hiraki wrote:That's not perception.
it actually partly is

~
In post 395, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Yeah, this is why I don't do meta. I didn't learn shit.
In post 399, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I learned nothing.
this is me every time i try to do second-hand meta

~
In post 402, Madoka wrote:If Shiki and HEM are neighbors
where did this come from?

~

ok so

@georgebailey: can you do the shotgun readslist that was asked?
@madoka: have you looked at the game i linked? if so, what did you learn?
@hiraki: now that it was explained you (probably?) misunderstood that post what's your reads on monkey and other people?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 2:56 am

okay do i really call out shiki that often?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 2:57 am

i guess i just admired her play and in-depth research from last time?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 2:57 am

sorry about 391 to 400 i was sleep deprived
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 3:02 am

Post by Micc »

Votecount 1.06
GeorgeBailey (3) -
Umlaut, humaneatingmonkey, Hoctac
Madoka (2) -
GeorgeBailey, Datisi
humaneatingmonkey (1) -
Hiraki

Not Voting (3) -
Madoka, HoldenGolden, shiki

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2020-05-17 18:10:00).
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 3:03 am

Post by Datisi »

i kinda don't want to hang mr bailey but my townread on him is dwindling
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 3:09 am

In post 43, Hoctac wrote:
In post 25, GeorgeBailey wrote:Are you two actually claiming Mason?
In post 27, GeorgeBailey wrote:Yeah, I assumed it was a joke lmao
In post 30, GeorgeBailey wrote:Umlaut literally confirmed it what are you going on about
In post 32, GeorgeBailey wrote:Well, then a woosh is in order.
I think scum!George would be more cautious/apprehensive than this
this gave me the impression that the read on Mr. Bailey was meta
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 3:14 am

In post 402, Madoka wrote:friendliness and jovial character is making me feel weird

Code: Select all

D:

can i just say that it's because HG and Datisi became my site buddies after the game, and i felt acquianted with this player list because we've played before?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 3:18 am

I think I have a read on Hiraki but I need him to reply to me.
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 3:48 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

I'm currently moving goats so not exactly here atm
@Holden, did scum HEM in your last game play similarly to Blitz I? Or did he change up his style? Do you think his play here is within the realm of being deliberately different?
No, but I think it's hard trying to compare HEM between the blitz I game and that newbie. Regardless, HEM in the newbie had more range when it came to emotional play and was able to balance it pretty well out of d2 (d1 looking back wasnt as clean but eh). Apperently that is in his meta scum play according to a meta dive done by cli2d in that game. It's worth nothing that he was putting a lot of focus on his scum buddy 3bounty which is what won him the game.

Additionally, there was a comment about meta usage somewhere in that game where HEM admitted he is not a big fan of doing meta analysis himself since he feels (like me) you actually have to play with both alignments of a person to get a good meta read.

The main thing I've looked for is the expression of laziness. Monkey in the newbie scum qt admitted to wanting to be lazy scum and during the game commented that he was growing tired of mafia. I think both town!HEM and scum1HEM would be lazier here. The former because he can finally be laid back and the later due to scum burnout of rolling scum 3 times in a very short time span.

Is his play out of his scum range? No, absolutely not. However, its more likely to come Town PoV imo. I think scum!Hem, even if lazy, would of pushed a scum agenda more with the George and his read on me. I did a pseudo reaction test by unvoting during our debate to see how he handled it and I feel scum would of jumped on the unvote to push me. Rather, he actually tried to work out his stance on me concerning the town lean point.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 4:37 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 390, Umlaut wrote:Also I just don't really see why the pushback on this. What's wrong with my finding something you did towny, if you did it and you're town?
Weird pocketing. That game still scars me.
In post 401, Madoka wrote:
In post 319, Hiraki wrote:You are implying that this is objective based rather than perception based. I think we may just be thinking of the same idea with different terms. I am saying that he is objectifying his perception in order to look townie. You are saying that his perception is an object to use to look townie. In which case, we would be agreeing rather than what I stated.
I was referring to this:
In post 163, Hiraki wrote:
In post 125, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I'll introduce a third party and interject a question of my own:
Why are you squeamish about Datisi's naked vote and not mine? Why are you squeamish about wagons forming on people you have no reads on?

Unless you have a read on Umlaut?
Wow, maybe I am wrong.
We're on completely different points then. Sorry - do you still want to talk about this?
In post 404, Datisi wrote:@hiraki: now that it was explained you (probably?) misunderstood that post what's your reads on monkey and other people?
I did not misunderstand the post - I just feel that arguing about it after that point is not worth it anymore.

That being said, in general, I do not like how the George wagon is forming. It's starting to feel scumsided based on how everyone just decides to say he's lynchable. On the same side, I still think that he is scummy it's just that the formation of this wagon is weird. Hard to accurately explain. I understand that I'm going to have to move my vote because of the timing of this game but I'm not sure if I want to move it to any of the current wagons at this point (which would be the entire purpose of moving my vote). I still hard TR Holden, now Shiki, and Madoka (recent posting has been very good). That leaves:

Datisi (slight SR but I am with whoever said it's not worth trying to figure out if "masons" are masons on D1)
Umlaut (scarred but generally null for now)
Hoctac (town-lean but still null - too much NAI posting)
GeorgeBailey (scummy)
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 4:44 am

Post by GeorgeBailey »

Hol up, I didn't want to make a reads list cause I was just about to go to bed lmao.

Hectic asked me while I was typing my post anyways.

T: Umlaut,Hoctac
shiki
HoldenGolden
Datisi
N: Hiraki
humaneatingmonkey
Madoka
S:

This was pretty much where I was at when you asked me. I'm catching up now, but what pinged me the most about Madoka at the time was calling Datisi over defensive for being transparent with his reads.
GeorgeBailey
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 4:44 am

How about me Hiraki? What did you get out of our 1-on-1?
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 4:52 am

Post by Hoctac »

Let us know your updated read on Madoka after her recent catchup post, George, as well as your reasons for scumleaning the monkey.
not yet sentient
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 5:03 am

This is why I ask:

I think the difference between scum!Hiraki and town!Hiraki is that town!Hiraki is generally perceptive on scumtells and push it so he can get more accurate reads from the pressure he creates. Scum!Hiraki would need to manufacture these scumtells from peope that he know is town.

I have the benefit of knowing that he's wrong about me, so his push on me might seem like he's trying to manufacture scumtells out of me. However, I'm still considering if it's an honest mistake that he misread my post. After #414, it's weird to me that Hiraki refused to acknowledge my existence and even took me out of his reads list. He mentions that he didn't misread my post but didn't want to argue about it anymore.

So now my head is: Is this town!Hiraki too proud to own up to his mistake or is this scum!Hiraki failing to get momentum on his manufactured push?

I want to know.

VOTE: Hiraki
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 5:05 am

Join me boys and girls
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 5:06 am

Post by Hoctac »

What if I'm a ditto
not yet sentient
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 5:08 am

Post by Hoctac »

Hey, monkey, why did you go from "let's not discuss the potential masons" to openly doubting and questioning our existence?
not yet sentient
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 5:08 am

you keep bringing it up bro
Hoctac
Hoctac