Micro 940: A Normal Blitz II - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 12:39 pm

Post by Madoka »

In post 748, Hiraki wrote:ENHANCE
:lol:
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 12:43 pm

Post by Madoka »

Regarding the argument, there was no lie. The post you quoted where I responded to Holden was not of me updating my read of Holden, it was elaborating on the read I had already stated (in response to Holden's inquiry). That interaction itself is what led to a town lean on Holden. As for you, if I recall, I believe I stated that I did not believe my suspicion was enough to justify lynching you (that day). Considering Datisi and George are town, I think it is more likely that you are scum.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 1:27 pm

Post by Micc »

Votecount 2.05
Hiraki (3) -
Madoka, humaneatingmonkey, Umlaut
Umlaut (1) -
shiki
humaneatingmonkey (1) -
Hiraki

Not Voting (2) -
Datisi, HoldenGolden

With 7 players alive it takes 4 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 2 is in (expired on 2020-05-21 11:30:00).

HoldenGolden is V/LA until 5/22.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 1:39 pm

Post by HoldenGolden »

This is going to be a ugly post format wise so apologizes. Font color is a bullshit coding feature on moblie, so I'll Underline confirmed towns for my ease.

Starting with the actual start of the Hiraki with HEM's post:
Spoiler:
In post 418, humaneatingmonkey wrote:This is why I ask:

I think the difference between scum!Hiraki and town!Hiraki is that town!Hiraki is generally perceptive on scumtells and push it so he can get more accurate reads from the pressure he creates. Scum!Hiraki would need to manufacture these scumtells from peope that he know is town.

I have the benefit of knowing that he's wrong about me, so his push on me might seem like he's trying to manufacture scumtells out of me. However, I'm still considering if it's an honest mistake that he misread my post. After #414, it's weird to me that Hiraki refused to acknowledge my existence and even took me out of his reads list. He mentions that he didn't misread my post but didn't want to argue about it anymore.

So now my head is: Is this town!Hiraki too proud to own up to his mistake or is this scum!Hiraki failing to get momentum on his manufactured push?

I want to know.

VOTE: Hiraki

HEM reasoning here is over the manufacturing of fake scum tells. The logic breaks down during the interaction with instances where Hiraki refutes points like not listing Monkey on a read post which was HEM not paying attention to the question asked towards Hiraki by Hoctac.

The wagon picks up for Hiraki as he enters the lead, with both confirm towns
Hoctac and Datisi
voting him. This huge swing we know is from a townie perspective, so scum either way will be more hesitant to approach the wagon if not on it (assuming HEM didnt decide to lul, HG will VCA this game let's just hard bus eachother Hiraki kekeke). Town to distance themselves from the mislynch especially since George is still a scum read, and scum to avoid drawing more attention to the wagon via direct confrontation. With that, I want to look at the people who arent confirmed town expressing their take on the wagon.

First up is Madoka who is tricky since she doesn't vote till ready. Yet, there is still stuff to talk about:
In post 430, Madoka wrote:I think my reads are about the same but with Datisi in place of Madoka. Shiki, George, and Holden are also on the same level.
This is in response to Datisi read list that had Hiraki in a bracket towards the bottom. Madoka interjects her scum Datisi read into this level equating that she views this as scum territory.

Reading her ISO up to this point she had a slight town lean into declaring Hiraki a good choice for a lynch with little explanation. All I really see is where the two debated questions, yet there isnt any reflection of Hiraki's alignment in them.
While it makes sense for Madoka to have this read here in the post in some ways, her follow up during the interaction doesn't support it.
Despite posting during the interaction, Madoka only focus was pressuring Datisi further with direct conversation with it. Yes, Madoka did begin the catch up Playbyplay analysis at this point, but the quoted post above clearly shows that it didnt hard reset her reads as the Hiraki scum lean prior to the pbp analysis. I find this behavior more likely to be scummy.
===============================
Ulamant (Weedile) posted heavily during this time period and despite having a relatively laid back stance in terms of voting Hiraki, does demonstrate some level of genuine investigation. My main gripe with the posts is that little actual reflection over Hiraki answers comes about in terms of describing a read on him before he reconfirms his scum read.

I'm a bit torn considering that as his town neighbor was also voting, why wouldnt scum!Ulamant take advantage of the chance and vote a town!Hiraki if that was the case. His approach would of yielded more credibility I feel than his neighbors vote which can be painted as optimistic in comparison.

Thus I'm divided. I think that from a VCA angle that town!hiraki/scum!ultmant does not exist. I think his actions make sense however for a scum teammate and thus cannot rule out the scum team.
====================================
========================================
The wagons shifted back to George before Shiki posted again. Oddly, the only reflection I saw was this post.
In post 483, shiki wrote:
In post 429, Datisi wrote:{madoka, hiraki} - Actively not a Townread™
i think madoka is town in most worlds in which the mason claims are masons. the concrete nature of her reads being based on post by post analysis put her in a position where she would only be able to push you and hiraki at a time when there were two votes on her and no votes on either of you. it's possible the push on hiraki was coordinated because of this but that seems unlikely to me.
In post 414, Hiraki wrote:That being said, in general, I do not like how the George wagon is forming.
it kinda feels like our mason claims do not care who is lynched. umlaut is scumreading georgebailey for something i thought was kinda towny and hoctac is scumreading georgebailey for not responding to his request for reads promptly. umlaut voiced his suspicion of you immediately after monkey started the wagon and hoctac has jumped between the wagons.
This stuck out as I find the later half a misrep of Umlaut as he had prior suspicions on Hiraki before the interaction. The upper part I disagree with logically, but I'm fine with different views.
However, Shiki states that the town read on Madoka is due in part to the legitimacy of the Mason claim which she ends up calling into question in this later half.
This makes the town read on Madoka much more flexible than how it appears here. Considering the lack of reflection on the interaction directly and using it to create reads that are logically/contextually flawed feels as it is coming from a mafia perspective.
======================================
It's hard to say much about it considering we dont know Hiraki's alignment, but I find the outside factors surrounding his wagon from players suspicious. Shiki and to a lesser extent Madoka both have scum indicative ways they interacted with the formation of the wagon (or more precisely lack of). Ulmant can go either way, but if Hiraki flips town, I feel Ultmant has a decent chance of being town (not auto cleared but better than the other two).

I'm going to wrap up by trying to get to Hiraki and HEM posts during this time (mainly due to the implications of Hiraki going onto the main wagon and HEM going off wagon), but I'm not in a particularly good mood nor have good connection right now. If there is a hammer, I shall have Datisi rely the info.
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: idk she it me

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 2:29 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 778, HoldenGolden wrote:This stuck out as I find the later half a misrep of Umlaut as he had prior suspicions on Hiraki before the interaction.
i was disregarding the posts about hiraki's lurking because i thought they were unfounded.
In post 778, HoldenGolden wrote:The upper part I disagree with logically, but I'm fine with different views. However, Shiki states that the town read on Madoka is due in part to the legitimacy of the Mason claim which she ends up calling into question in this later half.
i was giving two simultaneous reads. if the mason claims were masons i found it unlikely that scum!madoka would put herself in a position where she could only push players that were not currently being pressured when she herself was being pressured. if the masons were not masons i found it possible that madoka was separating herself from her partner by fully accepting the claim and giving very detailed analysis of the other players.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 2:42 pm

Post by Hiraki »

when i flip town, HEM dies next - there's no talking tomorrow, it just happens. i will die in order to make sure that you get scum tomorrow
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 2:45 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 776, Madoka wrote:Regarding the argument, there was no lie. The post you quoted where I responded to Holden was not of me updating my read of Holden, it was elaborating on the read I had already stated (in response to Holden's inquiry). That interaction itself is what led to a town lean on Holden. As for you, if I recall, I believe I stated that I did not believe my suspicion was enough to justify lynching you (that day). Considering Datisi and George are town, I think it is more likely that you are scum.
this confirms madoka scum btw, it is the most narrow-minded viewpoint that i have ever seen from this player that has been observant of all viewpoints rather than just one. please read this post 50 times in conjunction with my arguments after i die and ask yourself if it truly comes from town every single time
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by Madoka »

11 hours guys.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 5:05 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

Someone doesn't want to hammer Hiraki.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 783, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Someone doesn't want to hammer Hiraki.
This seems to imply you find that person suspect. Do you find shiki suspect? She's the only one you could reasonably be talking about.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 5:13 pm

Yes. It's ticking me.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 5:14 pm

Unless she's trying to get HG and Datisi on the Umlaut wagon, she would have moved to hammer Hiraki at #779
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 5:15 pm

If Hiraki flips scum here, it may very well be Hiraki + shiki.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Anyway, I would actively prefer that no one hammer Hiraki until HoldenGolden has finished his sequence of posts (or under extreme time pressure if it comes to that).
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 5:17 pm

He's on V/LA and he said he'll get Datisi to finish the thought if he dies tonight.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by Umlaut »

I want to see the thoughts specifically to reassure myself that I am on the right wagon here, so that doesn't really help me.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by Hiraki »

oh
now
shiki is scummy, very interesting, super interesting
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 6:16 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 782, Madoka wrote:11 hours guys.
i am aware of the deadline and will be active between 2.5 and 1.5 hours before it.
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 2:43 am

Post by shiki »

VOTE: hiraki
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 4:13 am

Post by Hiraki »

i still flip town FYI - don't let me down, i gave you the game
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 4:14 am

Post by Micc »

Votecount 2.06
Hiraki (4) -
Madoka, humaneatingmonkey, Umlaut, shiki
humaneatingmonkey (1) -
Hiraki

Not Voting (2) -
Datisi, HoldenGolden

With 7 players alive it takes 4 votes to lynch.

A lynch has been achieved.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 4:16 am

Post by Micc »

Hiraki has been lynched Day 2. He was a
Vanilla Townie

It is now Night 2. The deadline for Night 2 is in (expired on 2020-05-22 11:15:00).
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 11:38 am

Post by Micc »