Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:53 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1181, Pink Ball wrote:gobble claimed he was crumbing his role, skitter said she stayed off wagon because of said wagon, and now gobble claimed he's the serial killer. So gobble lied. So skitter lied.
That doesn't mean that gobble wasn't crumbing A role.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:55 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1296, Menalque wrote:I think you’ve actually not explained that many

Like: pb/Lilith/Blake/bingle and even there I don’t think you’ve explained that much, plus not having much on S_S/chem/fb

But there’s still like skitt/PP/maria who I don’t think you’ve given a read on. Could you do me a readslist for ease of reference?

I think gamestate refers to what you feel is happening in the game, yeah. So like, a gamestate feels resisty so scum are either defending their partner or they’re trying to be in the right side of a townflip for example
uhhhhhhhhhhh

asspull readslist incoming

{bingle, mena}
{maria, blake}
{PB, lilith, FB}
{S_S, skitter} - ???? n ? u ? l ? l ????
{chemist, PP}
{gobble}

like sorry i don't write 5 paragraphs explaining each of my reads because that's just not how i work

S_S/FB i have no clue how to read, FB i'm half-sheeping other people who seem to know better, and S_S is just gonna keep sitting in my nulls for a little longer because we're not lynching him today anyway so it's not a priority for me

chemist is lit just Not Here

i've given townpoints to maria before and i'm giving it again bc i think i just vibe with how she went about the gobble wagon

i think i've already said that PP feels kinda off from furret 2 but i'm still pending replies on people's thoughts on your scumread's reaction

and skitt is just??? i don't get the convo with S_S and now that i'm TRing you i'm prob just gonna take the same approach as in 1992 and sheep you on her
but same thing as S_S not lynch today so not priority

also i'm just gonna keep pretending i feel no paranoia wrt your slot ok thx bye
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:55 am

Post by Pink Ball »

@skitter I don't buy your explanation. Thinking that gobble is crumbing because he used the word doctor in a post is looking down on gobble as a player and I don't think you would do that. Also, I already explained why it would be convenient for you to say out loud that you saw the crumb
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:56 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1300, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1181, Pink Ball wrote:gobble claimed he was crumbing his role, skitter said she stayed off wagon because of said wagon, and now gobble claimed he's the serial killer. So gobble lied. So skitter lied.
That doesn't mean that gobble wasn't crumbing A role.
Yeah that's why I'm having second thoughts, but I don't see the crumb
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:57 am

In post 1188, lilith2013 wrote:SS, why the townlean on me? I feel like I’m playing significantly worse here than in zoey’s.
Admittedly I have been burned by this kind of logic but your play seems a lot less focused than in either of your scumgames and I think you'd be trying to get more done.

I didn't townread you in Zoey's, actually, because I thought it wouldn't have been too difficult for you to play the way you did as scum.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:58 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1302, Pink Ball wrote:@skitter I don't buy your explanation. Thinking that gobble is crumbing because he used the word doctor in a post is looking down on gobble as a player and I don't think you would do that. Also, I already explained why it would be convenient for you to say out loud that you saw the crumb
ok?
i mean that's what happened, and you can see quite clearly that it affected my immediate actions
it was a very odd use of the word doctor (like did you look at the context ...) so i thought he was softing

like do you think i'm lying about seeing it or ...
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:58 am

In post 1196, Pink Ball wrote:Wait no, no oops, I love ponk ball
I agree. The best kind of genius is accidental genius.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:58 am

In post 1199, lilith2013 wrote:“Iiii” -> i read as a tracker crumb
what
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:59 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 684, gobbledygook wrote:I am shocked they are not town reads!! Do you think we need to call their doctors?
like this looks like a natural usage of the word doctor to you?
it's really weird both in and out of context
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:00 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1308, skitter30 wrote:
In post 684, gobbledygook wrote:I am shocked they are not town reads!! Do you think we need to call their doctors?
like this looks like a natural usage of the word doctor to you?
it's really weird both in and out of context
ftr i saw that too but i kinda thought it was just scum!gobble being awkward in his posting lel
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:01 am

In post 1258, skitter30 wrote:
In post 684, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 651, Datisi wrote:VOTE: gobble
Why?
In post 653, PenguinPower wrote:VOTE: gobble
Qu'est-ce que c'est!? Pourquoi?
In post 655, Firebringer wrote:people have a read on gobbles here. I am shocked.
I am shocked they are not town reads!! Do you think we need to call their doctors?
In post 666, Menalque wrote:
L-2
Monsieur.... oh mon dieu.
In post 685, skitter30 wrote:guys i'm not vibing this wagon and i don't get it
OH.

Now I'm embarrassed I didn't see that one myself.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:02 am

Post by skitter30 »

yeah i thought it was weird cuz it was a soft
(and i thought he was acting up being weird to avoid being an nk)

pedit .... did nobody else see that post
Show
Hiatus once more.

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:03 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1298, skitter30 wrote:i'm saying that i'm wary listening to you handwaving away two of the setups out of consideration just yet
Okay, this is fair
In post 1299, Pink Ball wrote:@mena about the setup, we first flip gobble, then we discuss it. Scum has more info about the setup so they could know that SK is a safe claim. I mean no one's going to counter, but they could be caught in the future if the allegedly real SK flips
But, they couldn’t though? Look at the setups, each sk setup has an equivalent non-SK setup so they’d have no way of knowing yet (without flips) which one they’re in. I remember the struggle of trying to guess if we had an SK or not in c9++
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:04 am

Post by gobbledygook »

For the record, Lilith found one of my crumbs. Asking if people needed doctors was not a crumb (at least intentionally). It was more a comment that people needed their heads checked for scumreading me. :shifty:
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:05 am

In post 1266, Menalque wrote:+1, we still lynch gobbles today

I respect him trying to make a deal, but fundamentally he doesn’t have a town wincon and right now he’s in the weakest negotiating position.
He's in the weakest negotiating position... which means he's not a threat, right?

Since we can unilaterally make him lose, he has to do what we say; even though he says he won't be leashed, if a majority agrees to leash him, he'll have to follow or be lynched. That said, straight-up leashing is a bad idea because bus driver, but it seems perfectly fine to tell him to kill someone scummy and if he doesn't (or if you want to be harsh, if he doesn't hit scum) then we lynch him.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:05 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1309, Datisi wrote:ftr i saw that too but i kinda thought it was just scum!gobble being awkward in his posting lel
In post 1313, gobbledygook wrote:For the record, Lilith found one of my crumbs. Asking if people needed doctors was not a crumb (at least intentionally). It was more a comment that people needed their heads checked for scumreading me. :shifty:
oh hey i was right
~M
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:06 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 1314, Something_Smart wrote:Since we can unilaterally make him lose, he has to do what we say; even though he says he won't be leashed, if a majority agrees to leash him, he'll have to follow or be lynched.
As I said earlier, I will not be leashed but i will only kill people I am scumreading.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:06 am

Post by skitter30 »

also just pointing out that people don't inherently get townpoints for pushing the sk wagon since scum don't know gobble's scum either

pedit i'd want to give him like a 3 person pool he'd need to kill in

pedit if you won't be leashed we can just lynch you so like this is probably not the best position for you to be taking as an outed sk
Show
Hiatus once more.

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:07 am

Post by Datisi »

^^ he's going to kill me because he doesn't know how to read me so can we please lynch the literal claimed scum thank you
~M
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:07 am

Post by gobbledygook »

I think Bingle saw my other crumbs but still remained on my wagon after even quoting them so I’m suss of him.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:07 am

In post 1275, Menalque wrote:Also — yes, we should still lynch gobbles, but you should change your vote temporarily to where you think groupscum is to make it easier to track where people thought scum was on D1 in retrospect when people look back at ofhrz’s ISO and the VCs
Or people could just read the game instead of using VC's as a crutch?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:08 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1319, gobbledygook wrote:I think Bingle saw my other crumbs but still remained on my wagon after even quoting them so I’m suss of him.
what were the other crumbs
Show
Hiatus once more.

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:08 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1314, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1266, Menalque wrote:+1, we still lynch gobbles today

I respect him trying to make a deal, but fundamentally he doesn’t have a town wincon and right now he’s in the weakest negotiating position.
He's in the weakest negotiating position... which means he's not a threat, right?

Since we can unilaterally make him lose, he has to do what we say; even though he says he won't be leashed, if a majority agrees to leash him, he'll have to follow or be lynched. That said, straight-up leashing is a bad idea because bus driver, but it seems perfectly fine to tell him to kill someone scummy and if he doesn't (or if you want to be harsh, if he doesn't hit scum) then we lynch him.
No, then we’re weaker because we’re getting further away from outnumbering the scum and he gets to coast another day because people want to try and flip their scumreads. The safest long term play is to get rid of him today, especially considering that a bus driver may be out there.

“Weakest” was the wrong phrase. “Weak” should be right. He’d be “weakest” if we had 2 scum flips and no townies had died due to docs or jks, but that’s unlikely to happen.
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:08 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 1318, Datisi wrote:^^ he's going to kill me because he doesn't know how to read me so can we please lynch the literal claimed scum thank you
You actually wouldn’t be my first kill. You’d be like my second or third one if I got to live that long.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:08 am

Post by Datisi »

ok scum
~M

Return to “Completed Open Games”