Black Ranger
Black Ranger
Goon
Black Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:55 am

Post by Black Ranger »

In post 953, Nahdia wrote:Black Ranger's umlaut push reads like someone decided who they were gonna push first and then made a case later. i think point 6 in is telling, lol.
This is clearly a tongue in cheek comment that I made. I went ALL over why Umlaut's case against me sucked and have been beating that drum all day. How he phrased his initial reason of suspecting me (the word choice of "someone" didn't bus) to how he presented my end of day content to who a bus vote would be to an analysis of the purity of the Drew wagon. You don't get to reduce my already humorous reduction as something you can both laugh at
and
speak out against. Either you find it funny, because you GET the humor, or you don't and you want to speak out about it. If you do both, you're producing fake content.

This isn't the first time you've criticized it. You immediately followed up my 862 with:
In post 873, Nahdia wrote:lot of OMGUSing in this thread, it feels like.
VOTE: Nahdia

You've been sniping around on the sidelines all game. Get serious.
In post 935, Titus wrote:Not Nahdia. She could have lurked out the deadline IMO.
Can a scum!nahdia really not hammer when I'm off the wagon and stating that I will be back in a few hours?
Black Ranger
Black Ranger
Goon
Black Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:03 am

Post by Black Ranger »

In post 956, SirCakez wrote:
In post 867, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Wagon on me was scum attempting to push an wagon for a shit reason.
Drew and Umlaut both voted me.
Still suspect Cakez based on this.
basically OMGUS
You gave your opinions on his other votes, but his push on you day 1 was basically his baby. Can this really be OMGUS, and how do you feel about how you reached L-4 yesterday?

If Norwegian is scum to you, does this make Umlaut town?
Black Ranger
Black Ranger
Goon
Black Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:13 am

Post by Black Ranger »

In post 976, NorwegianboyEE wrote:On second thought, i'd like a wagon on Cakez a lot more considering Umlaut did vote Drew early, and basic logic suggests there isn't much reason for Drew's scum buddy to put the spotlight on him early when Manatee still seemed like a viable wagon close to deadline.
Black Ranger. You should change vote to Cakez too.
Cakez' stumbling into day gave me some reservations about him especially with how I'm narrowing who a bus vote could have been, but a reason not to vote Umlaut isn't a reason to vote Cakez, it's a reason not to vote Umlaut and it's just good play to find a reason to vote somebody else.

I'm more interested in slots like Puppy, who has terrible consistency on Cakez' slot, wants to sort him but when prompted with how he will do that, says that he will think really hard about it. I was hoping he'd pick a fight with Cakez, but he didn't, and will never get towncred for doing it now, but I guess he could redeem himself if he somehow helped lynched scum, maybe.

I also disliked this:
In post 987, ManateeDude wrote:
In post 951, Black Ranger wrote:
In post 940, ManateeDude wrote:the arguement that im scumbuddies with Drew is bizarre honestly. on top of the fact that I was in a way worse place and mafia neopolitan is a fairly strong role especially in a (near) mini so it seems unlikely a stronger mafia role exists. why would I bus drew like that at EoD?? I was in a substantially worse place then him and lynching me if I was scum is always a better scenario bc I have next to no associations
What reads do you feel most confident in right now?
Cakez as scum and Fwog & Fen as town
I noticed that Manatee was happy to talk a lot about his own slot but hasn't contributed to the day (his other two posts is 1. responding to nahdia's accusation against him and 2. what a neapolitan is). I wanted better content out of him. When asked for content, he gives three names and no reasons. A one liner when he is able to string together multiple sentences to explain why he isn't a bus vote in response to Titus.

Why would I vote Cakez over these slots?
Black Ranger
Black Ranger
Goon
Black Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:19 am

Post by Black Ranger »

I feel like there's too much tolerance for underperformance in this game. The lynch is a destination. How we get there is more important than lynching scum. Investment is how we'll color slots versus rolling some weighted dice.

I don't want to hold people to some great standard of "must case everything that you make impact with" or "must have a strong opinion" but you should be able to find some way to help the town. If that's your wincon at least.
Black Ranger
Black Ranger
Goon
Black Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:39 am

Post by Black Ranger »

In post 977, Fenraiser wrote:On 2nd look, Drew being uncomfortable with meta kinda makes it seem like he might have been trying to overcompensate to look like town. Like, he could have been so focused on Manatee possibly being town for towncred (and emphasizing that Mana would be a poor mislynch which could be an unintentional scum!tmi at Mana!town) and never really considered he'd be put up to vote (his wagon was a surprise tbh). Drew's Norwee vote piggybacking on Umlaut could mean that what Drew might have been going for was stopping any wagons from consolidating by sowing a fuck ton of chaos by scumreading and scum pinging multiple people with not much care to actually lynch someone but just self-preserve. A Drew bus from Manatee isn't optimal even if Manatee was a strongman if you look at this from a late game perspective. If Manatee is town, he should have kept his mouth shut but he didn't.
Drew's eod opinion on Manatee is worthless. I'd like whoever said something like "Titus made it a safe vote so scum could position themselves to reluctantly vote there" to raise their hand because that's immediately what comes to mind for me. This isn't a newbie game where scum TMI at the end of day between two dominant wagons at deadline. If scum TMI here it will be more subtle than that. Whatever Drew said about Manatee/Norwegian/Nahdia at the end of day must be assumed as WIFOM. If you think you have something look for some other data point to support it.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:37 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1000, fwogcarf wrote:Cakez wagon looks spicy but not spicy enough
What is this supposed to mean?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:39 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 991, Fenraiser wrote:
@Norwee

Could you explain your Cakez reads progression? Walk me through again because I'm mostly seeing your early posts on Cakez and my impression is that you didn't like Cakez posts more than you thought Cakez's posts came from scum.
Progression is that i thought Cakez initial push on BR was scummy, and then their reaction to my push and subsequent wagon interactions in regards to Drew are also scummy. I don't understand your second part. Can you explain it in more detail?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:45 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1004, Black Ranger wrote:Why would I vote Cakez over these slots?
Because Cakez is more likely to be mafia than aforementioned slots. Manatee i don't want to consider today, don't see why his actions would be particularly scum indicative. In regards to the puppy, we can most likely lynch him unlike what his name would suggest. But i feel less confident there than Cakez.
In post 1004, Black Ranger wrote:I'm more interested in slots like Puppy, who has terrible consistency on Cakez' slot, wants to sort him but when prompted with how he will do that, says that he will think really hard about it. I was hoping he'd pick a fight with Cakez, but he didn't, and will never get towncred for doing it now, but I guess he could redeem himself if he somehow helped lynched scum, maybe.
You also make it appear as if Cakez flip would make Puppy's alignment more clear to you. Assuming i am understanding you correctly, may you expand on this?

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:56 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

To explain my read on Manatee more. I feel like scum!him would have more of an agenda behind his posting, but his tone seems genuine to me. I also successfully townread him in another large earlier where vig shot him N1 and he flipped town. (Large 227 for reference.)

- Bunno
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1003, Black Ranger wrote:
In post 956, SirCakez wrote:
In post 867, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Wagon on me was scum attempting to push an wagon for a shit reason.
Drew and Umlaut both voted me.
Still suspect Cakez based on this.
basically OMGUS
You gave your opinions on his other votes, but his push on you day 1 was basically his baby. Can this really be OMGUS, and how do you feel about how you reached L-4 yesterday?

If Norwegian is scum to you, does this make Umlaut town?
I don't think his overall push is OMGUS - rather I found that specific post to be. I kinda talked about it already, it's not exactly OMGUS but I don't know what else to call it.
Not necessarily. I haven't seen any interactions between them that preclude SvS.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by SirCakez »

my Nahdia townread has really died down since D1. She hasn't pulled together like I thought she would.
Reminded to say that with BR's vote
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:48 pm

Post by ManateeDude »

In post 989, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Takes 6 to lynch.

@Manatee
Any reason you're not voting your scumread?
VOTE: Cakez

laziness
manatee not-a-dude (manateegal or just manatee works!!)
purgatory is in hell phase 2
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:49 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 1002, Black Ranger wrote:
In post 953, Nahdia wrote:Black Ranger's umlaut push reads like someone decided who they were gonna push first and then made a case later. i think point 6 in is telling, lol.
This is clearly a tongue in cheek comment that I made. I went ALL over why Umlaut's case against me sucked and have been beating that drum all day. How he phrased his initial reason of suspecting me (the word choice of "someone" didn't bus) to how he presented my end of day content to who a bus vote would be to an analysis of the purity of the Drew wagon. You don't get to reduce my already humorous reduction as something you can both laugh at
and
speak out against. Either you find it funny, because you GET the humor, or you don't and you want to speak out about it. If you do both, you're producing fake content.

This isn't the first time you've criticized it. You immediately followed up my 862 with:
In post 873, Nahdia wrote:lot of OMGUSing in this thread, it feels like.
VOTE: Nahdia

You've been sniping around on the sidelines all game. Get serious.
ok this post is all kinds of goofy. your point 6 can be both a joke
and
telling. i wasnt trying to paint it as a super serious point you made, but i do think you come across as being very concerned with how people are reading you. hence it being telling.

i dont really see what's meant by im "sniping from the sidelines". ive given my reads, ive voted who i think are scum. sorry im not willing to put in the absolute maximum effort, but i just don't have that in me as a player anymore these days.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:51 pm

Post by ManateeDude »

I've already kind of iterated my thoughts on my reads so like if a re-explanation is needed just ask me but its all there
manatee not-a-dude (manateegal or just manatee works!!)
purgatory is in hell phase 2
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 1000, fwogcarf wrote:Cakez wagon looks spicy but not spicy enough
wanna elaborate on what this means?
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 1013, ManateeDude wrote:
In post 989, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Takes 6 to lynch.

@Manatee
Any reason you're not voting your scumread?
VOTE: Cakez

laziness
I realize the position of Moon Logic Dispenser has already been filled in this game, but I really want to call this a town post.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:48 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Black Ranger is there a reason why you seem so certain someone was bussing drew? i dont see why it cant have been all town

-Zaphkael, 2020
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:51 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

All town? 8 people? Yeah, no.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:53 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Off-wagon were Black Ranger, SirCakes and CantLynchAPuppy for reference.

- Bunno
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:55 pm

Post by Nahdia »

why not? it was a last minute wagon on a powerful scum role.
NorwegianboyEE wrote:Off-wagon were Black Ranger, SirCakes and CantLynchAPuppy for reference.
and wake and fwog.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:57 pm

Post by Nahdia »

im not saying there defo wasn't any scum. it just pings me to see people working under the assumption that there was definitely 100% scum there. as if they know that for a fact.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Who were the main detractors from the wagon on Drew-Sta?
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:29 pm

Post by Umlaut »

@Wake
:
In post 766, Wake1 wrote:
In post 763, osuka wrote:
In post 762, Wake1 wrote:Yeah.

We're running out of time and these wagons need to be consolidated.
Thanks for pointing out the obvious

Vote drew please
Reason?
In post 772, Black Ranger wrote:I don't want this lynch but I would still do it, if the alternative is you, manatee or no lynch, what would do you, drew?
These are the only posts I could really regard as declining to join the wagon. Nahdia's also seemed not too psyched about the wagon but they did join it after all. None of CantLynchAPuppy, SirCakez, or fwogcarf posted at all yesterday after the Drew wagon appeared.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”